PDA

View Full Version : “GSU Arrogance”

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 02:50 PM
“GSU Arrogance”

It has been brought up by some NDSU posters that GSU fans tend to be arrogant in their posting. I’m sure that there is truth to this. But you must take in the GSU mindset.

“It’s not that we “deserve to win but we do expect to win” because of our now ancient & Monkens push to restore the teams past.

This was not true during the 4 year period we got away from the spread option and went to a passing offense under 2 different coaches. While HC Monken has done a very good job in rebuilding the down trodden Eagles I personally see 2 more years before we are a true threat as “CONSISTENT” national contenders. ( just my opinion)

Keep in mind that GSU, before its downfall had and still has the cumulative playoff statistical edge over other FCS opponents.
EXAMPLE
From 1985 till 2011 GSU has appeared in 18 playoffs. Won 43 times and lost 12, played for 8 National Championships and won 6 NCs, with a .782 winning percentage against the proven top teams in the playoffs.

GSU fans see Monken as the coach that is restoring the GSU prowess that harken back to the ERK .821 and Jonson .861 winning percentage and the NCs that followed. Will Monken be able to replicate those two coaches playoff wins? As you know from last year the tally sheet is still in progress.

Sorry if some of our fans are arrogant or come across that way, myself included but we want our past back where we expect to win. I see NDSU in a position to be an FCS power for a long time to come with the same philosophy " We expect to win over all comers". If so than I expect you’ll accumulate some arrogant fans along the way.

Bison"FANatic"
11-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Dude you have a whole other thread relevant to the GSU information. Don't come here telling us about people perceiving you as arrogant. We have heard it more than you know with our own program.

Bison bison
11-01-2012, 02:58 PM
BRING IT, Mongo.

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Sorry

Who gives you the most greif?
Was it in D2 or now in FCS?

Bison bison
11-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Definitely my wife.

I think that things are worse now, so definitely FCS. Also, we are out of paprika.

Bison"FANatic"
11-01-2012, 03:16 PM
We moved up with a swagger and we have and had expectations of success. We heard from most of the FCS that our D2 program and success meant nothing as this is a new level. We heard it from UNI and the rest of the conference and also from quite a few teams out east on the various boards. We saw how we were and are increasing our commitment and taking our program to the next level but nobody took us seriously and said our history meant nothing. We to were called arrogant and just a program that hadn't proven anything.

Our histories are quite a bit the same with multiple Championships and expectations from our teams of success and others perceive that as arrogance but we just perceive it as success.

TransAmBison
11-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Definitely my wife.

I think that things are worse now, so definitely FCS. Also, we are out of paprika.I'll drop some off over lunch.

BisonCardinal
11-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Paprika is an arrogant and overrated spice....is there an analogy here somewhere?

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 03:49 PM
We moved up with a swagger and we have and had expectations of success. We heard from most of the FCS that our D2 program and success meant nothing as this is a new level. We heard it from UNI and the rest of the conference and also from quite a few teams out east on the various boards. We saw how we were and are increasing our commitment and taking our program to the next level but nobody took us seriously and said our history meant nothing. We to were called arrogant and just a program that hadn't proven anything.

Our histories are quite a bit the same with multiple Championships and expectations from our teams of success and others perceive that as arrogance but we just perceive it as success.

GSU went from club football 1981 to FCS in 1984. We were looked down upon also by most 1aa teams with no tradition. Even in 1985 after our first NC they said it was a fluke and that the Triple Option would be outclassed by superior 1aa defensive speed.

I was one of those doubters that NDSU could become so powerful so fast. I was proven wrong and respect what you’ve done in such a short period of time in FCS. It is a remarkable story. You not only won the FCS championship last year but followed it up with a #1 ranking in the 2012 regular season & appear the team to beat for the NC. A true credit to your coaches and players!

HerdBot
11-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Whats up with the self promotion? Not getting enough attention? Were both solid programs with tradition. Don't need to state the obvious

Bison06
11-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Has GSU seen defenses try to mimic what NDSU did to them in the playoffs last year with the FS/SS flowing with motion and leaving him without any real pass responsibilities the way NDSU did with Heagle last year?

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Has GSU seen defenses try to mimic what NDSU did to them in the playoffs last year with the FS/SS flowing with motion and leaving him without any real pass responsibilities the way NDSU did with Heagle last year?

I live in Lakeland Fl. & the AppSt game will be the first game that I will attend. The rest I listen to on net radio or video broadcast. I have not seen or heard of ant defense GSU has faced mimicking what you did to us last year.

GCWaters
11-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Grew up in Statesboro, graduated from GSC....since the early 80's, GSU has had a real inferiority complex re: UGA that wasn't there before then...IMO, that contributes a huge amount to the level of arrogance you now see out of their fan base: Trying to keep up with an older sibling that gets more attention and that everybody, including half your fan base, likes better....

gsu2583
11-01-2012, 04:39 PM

Good observation. I don't think so. It BAFFLED me why last year against NDSU, I don't think we ran ONE stinkin' counter option. Usually get some good yards with those type plays when the secondary is tracking well with the motion man or sticking with their assignments.

As far as the arrogance thing goes, the UGA thing does factor in with our desire to be considered relevant. Also, with the proposed move up to FBS, I think a lot of fans want one more NC desperately, like a last 'hurrah!' So some of them (myself included) are getting anxious or extra sensitive about every perceived slight that comes our way.

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Good observation. I don't think so. It BAFFLED me why last year against NDSU, I don't think we ran ONE stinkin' "counter option". Usually get some good yards with those type plays when the secondary is tracking well with the motion man or sticking with their assignments.

It mystified me too why GSU wasn’t running a lot of counters against an over pursuing defense.
Oh well.

Bison06
11-01-2012, 04:50 PM
It mystified me too why GSU wasn’t running a lot of counters against an over pursuing defense.
Oh well.

Agreed, even if it wouldn't have worked out it seems as though it would have worked to at least slow down the flow of our defense. I also know that our D-line was getting great penetration into the backfield which may be the reason the counter wasn't tried.

Bison bison
11-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I also know that our D-line was getting great penetration into the backfield which may be the reason the counter wasn't tried.

This.

10 char.

TAILG8R
11-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Oh well.

More like pursuing to the right place at the right time. :biggrin:

heffray
11-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Grew up in Statesboro, graduated from GSC....since the early 80's, GSU has had a real inferiority complex re: UGA that wasn't there before then...IMO, that contributes a huge amount to the level of arrogance you now see out of their fan base: Trying to keep up with an older sibling that gets more attention and that everybody, including half your fan base, likes better....

We now have someone trolling on GSU in the BISON FOOTBALL forum. I think we just reached a new level...

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Agreed, even if it wouldn't have worked out it seems as though it would have worked to at least slow down the flow of our defense. I also know that our D-line was getting great penetration into the backfield which may be the reason the counter wasn't tried.

Penetration so that the QB cant come down the LOS is a real option killer!

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 05:27 PM
We now have someone trolling on GSU in the BISON FOOTBALL forum. I think we just reached a new level...

I don’t think the GSU fans visiting your board and respecting your teams prowess is trolling.

NorthernBison
11-01-2012, 05:27 PM

Was our scheme really unusual against a triple option offense? Seemed like a textbook plan to me.

I don't think we surprised GSU. I just think our defense executed perfectly with everybody doing THEIR job and trusting their teammates to do theirs. I remember quite a few plays where GSU got exactly what they wanted but the NDSU player (usually Heagle) was able to avoid or get off the block and stop the play or a big gain would have resulted.

There was a pass play that looked like a TD but the receiver got stripped and Beck picked it up. So, we did give them some openings that they weren't able to take advantage of. For whatever reason.

heffray
11-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I don’t think the GSU fans visiting your board and respecting your teams prowess is trolling.

Not what I meant, dude, read the post I quoted from this troll:

...This guy is not a Bison or GSU fan, and he is posting on our board about GSU's inferiority complex. Try and keep up...

MNLonghorn10
11-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Was our scheme really unusual against a triple option offense? Seemed like a textbook plan to me.

I don't think we surprised GSU. I just think our defense executed perfectly with everybody doing THEIR job and trusting their teammates to do theirs. I remember quite a few plays where GSU got exactly what they wanted but the NDSU player (usually Heagle) was able to avoid or get off the block and stop the play or a big gain would have resulted.

There was a pass play that looked like a TD but the receiver got stripped and Beck picked it up. So, we did give them some openings that they weren't able to take advantage of. For whatever reason.
no idea, but when your head coach comes from Nebraska, you know he knows a thing or two about stopping it.

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Oh well.

You must not have watched the game then or you would have realized you could not run counters because our defense was in your backfield so much to mess it up. Your running games only chance was to outrun or run away from our defense. You can't counter worth a crap with our guys in the backfield and backside pursuit. And why are you in here starting a second thread that has virtually the same topic of discussion, are you trying to brown nose us or just attempting to beat your chest. We know how good NDSU football is, and really don't need/want a history lesson about GSU football.

gsu2583
11-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Penetration so that the QB cant come down the LOS is a real option killer!

Yeah. Went into panic mode too soon IMO. Started using that split-gun business.

As we stand now, should we face NDSU again this year, OLine play worries me. BUT, we have a much more athletic QB capable of running the midline keeper much better. Not sure it would be enough though.

thebigund
11-01-2012, 05:32 PM
If you guys think UND has teh crazies speeds then wait til you see this years version of teh Georgia (southern) option.

heffray
11-01-2012, 05:33 PM

I will say, however, that starting a thread entitled "(Insert School Here) Arrogance" on another team's forum and then putting it in quotations is if to say that "it's not really like that" is--well... the very definition of irony, I think.

I love irony, so, thank you for the entertainment.

Bison06
11-01-2012, 05:35 PM

Good question, I do think our approach was unique. It is an approach we have used in the past when playing option teams. To me it looked like Heagle was a complete free runner with absolutely no responsibilities in the passing game. He was able to utilize his instincts and if he guessed wrong, no big deal, because we weren't expecting him to help out in the pass game. If he read pass and was able to help out great, but it looked like to me they just let him run free. Northern Colorado used to do this with Reed Daughty for their base defense, it was actually pretty fun to watch.

This is just my observation though, I could very well be wrong.

MNLonghorn10
11-01-2012, 05:37 PM
If you guys think UND has teh crazies speeds then wait til you see this years version of teh Georgia (southern) option.
i may be one of the few non und fans that was clinically impressed with your efforts against montana state last week. i thought you went in there with a sound game plan and executed it to perfection!

GCWaters
11-01-2012, 05:37 PM

Don't be a dumba$$....I've been in Fargo for over 20 years, HUGE NDSU fan....I keep up with GSU because of the hometown ties and out of respect for the University and the program....no trolling, just an honest evaluation of what I see as issues back in the 'boro....

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 05:41 PM
You must not have watched the game then or you would have realized you could not run counters because our defense was in your backfield so much to mess it up. Your running games only chance was to outrun or run away from our defense. You can't counter worth a crap with our guys in the backfield and backside pursuit. And why are you in here starting a second thread that has virtually the same topic of discussion, are you trying to brown nose us or just attempting to beat your chest. We know how good NDSU football is, and really don't need/want a history lesson about GSU football.

I already stated that you were in our back field and disrupting the triple. IMO, the plays to the strong side weren’t working the correct call was to use counters.

heffray
11-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Don't be a dumba$$....I've been in Fargo for over 20 years, HUGE NDSU fan....I keep up with GSU because of the hometown ties and out of respect for the University and the program....no trolling, just an honest evaluation of what I see as issues back in the 'boro....

OK, sorry dude. Don't take this as a dig, but with 26 posts, no indication of Bison-fan-dom in Name or sig-line, and a thorough knowledge of Georgia colllege football, I'd say my errant assumption isn't exactly worthy of being called "dumba$$ery."

TransAmBison
11-01-2012, 05:43 PM
OK, sorry dude. Don't take this as a dig, but with 26 posts, no indication of Bison-fan-dom in Name or sig-line, and a thorough knowledge of Georgia colllege football, I'd say my errant assumption isn't exactly worthy of being called "dumba$$ery."Yeah, you've provided much better material...why not use the good stuff? :D

CAS4127
11-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I already stated that you were in our back field and disrupting the triple. IMO, the plays to the strong side weren’t working the correct call was to use counters.

Criticizing or questioning offensive coordinators in not allowed on Bisonville-->did you not read the Rules?!?!?!?:pan:

heffray
11-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah, you've provided much better material...why not use the good stuff? :D

Exactly. This is very good point. Thank you, Tranny.

GCWaters
11-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Point taken...in my world, however, everything is worthy of being called dumba$$ery!

BlueBisonRock
11-01-2012, 05:50 PM

...This guy is not a Bison or GSU fan, and he is posting on our board about GSU's inferiority complex. Try and keep up...

I will say, however, that starting a thread entitled "(Insert School Here) Arrogance" on another team's forum and then putting it in quotations is if to say that "it's not really like that" is--well... the very definition of irony, I think.

I love irony, so, thank you for the entertainment.

I'm too lazy to go back and find the post, but I do remember Waters stating they were a Bison fan. Prove me wrong and I will both rep ya and have a beer waiting for you at the tailgate of your choice.

***** EDIT ****** Way late. Issue already resolved. No beer for Heff.

GCWaters
11-01-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm too lazy to go back and find the post, but I do remember Waters stating they were a Bison fan. Prove me wrong and I will both rep ya and have a beer waiting for you at the tailgate of your choice.

Yep, I am, just don't spend much time posting on the boards....reading, yes....most of my posts were last year, during the GSU/Bison matchup...graduated from Southern just as football was added, so I was never a huge fan there....did go to a lot of Basketball games as an undergrad, some baseball....great memories of a streaker coming over wall at left-center, exiting over the wall at right-center, all during the seventh inning stretch!!

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 05:58 PM

Dude listen to what you just said, do you even know what a counter is? FYI in the examples your trying to convey to us, it is a misdirection play where the runner just about always takes a few strides in one direction and then reverses back in the other direction. So with our guys in your backfield as fast as they were and backside pursuit as well, your running backs would run right back into our defenders in that game. Watch a tape or recording of the game, if you don't have one I'll send you one of mine and you will see. The counter would have been a disaster about 90% of the time in that game. As a matter of fact you tired it twice in the first two series and it was snuffed out for a loss or no gain each time, forcing GSU to pretty much abandon it for the rest of the game.

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Criticizing or questioning offensive coordinators in not allowed on Bisonville-->did you not read the Rules?!?!?!?:pan:

Damn right, people who buck the system will be forced to wear a UND jersey.

TAILG8R
11-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Damn right, people who buck the system will be forced to wear a UND jersey.

Pink ones even.

CaBisonFan
11-01-2012, 06:09 PM
“GSU Arrogance”

It has been brought up by some NDSU posters that GSU fans tend to be arrogant in their posting. I’m sure that there is truth to this. But you must take in the GSU mindset.

“It’s not that we “deserve to win but we do expect to win” because of our now ancient & Monkens push to restore the teams past.

This was not true during the 4 year period we got away from the spread option and went to a passing offense under 2 different coaches. While HC Monken has done a very good job in rebuilding the down trodden Eagles I personally see 2 more years before we are a true threat as “CONSISTENT” national contenders. ( just my opinion)

Keep in mind that GSU, before its downfall had and still has the cumulative playoff statistical edge over other FCS opponents.
EXAMPLE
From 1985 till 2011 GSU has appeared in 18 playoffs. Won 43 times and lost 12, played for 8 National Championships and won 6 NCs, with a .782 winning percentage against the proven top teams in the playoffs.

GSU fans see Monken as the coach that is restoring the GSU prowess that harken back to the ERK .821 and Jonson .861 winning percentage and the NCs that followed. Will Monken be able to replicate those two coaches playoff wins? As you know from last year the tally sheet is still in progress.

Sorry if some of our fans are arrogant or come across that way, myself included but we want our past back where we expect to win. I see NDSU in a position to be an FCS power for a long time to come with the same philosophy " We expect to win over all comers". If so than I expect you’ll accumulate some arrogant fans along the way.

"Sorry if some of our fans are arrogant...but here's why I'm arrogant...so it's different."

GS...we have 9.

NDSU92
11-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Dude listen to what you just said, do you even know what a counter is? FYI in the examples your trying to convey to us, it is a misdirection play where the runner just about always takes a few strides in one direction and then reverses back in the other direction. So with our guys in your backfield as fast as they were and backside pursuit as well, your running backs would run right back into our defenders in that game. Watch a tape or recording of the game, if you don't have one I'll send you one of mine and you will see. The counter would have been a disaster about 90% of the time in that game. As a matter of fact you tired it twice in the first two series and it was snuffed out for a loss or no gain each time, forcing GSU to pretty much abandon it for the rest of the game.

Dude chill out counters are different in option schemes and what we run, IIRC a counter in triple option could be an inside handoff to the non-motion back to the side away from the direction of motion.

CAS4127
11-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Dude chill out counters are different in option schemes and what we run, IIRC a counter in triple option could be an inside handoff to the non-motion back to the side away from the direction of motion.

Otherwise known as a "scoop"!!

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Pink ones even.

Nah, then they might think we were doing something good for breast cancer awareness, how about fuchsia , that sounds girly.

Bison03
11-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Arrogance can only be backed up by results. The reason GSU and NDSU are perceived as arrogant is because they have a tradition of nation success, wins against big name teams, and national championships. Both teams, and fanbases, expect to win every time they play. I have a lot of respect for their team and fanbase because they are a lot like us. When you get to the top, you want to stay there. My signature line says it all.

EndZoneQB
11-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Good question, I do think our approach was unique. It is an approach we have used in the past when playing option teams. To me it looked like Heagle was a complete free runner with absolutely no responsibilities in the passing game. He was able to utilize his instincts and if he guessed wrong, no big deal, because we weren't expecting him to help out in the pass game. If he read pass and was able to help out great, but it looked like to me they just let him run free. Northern Colorado used to do this with Reed Daughty for their base defense, it was actually pretty fun to watch.

This is just my observation though, I could very well be wrong.

Yep, we called it "rover". Favorite "position" I ever played haha

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 06:30 PM

I understand your point. What I am pointing out to talon is (and I am watching my recording of the game as we speak) is that with our penetration (yes I said penetration) that game, counters were not going to work. Our defense had there running game blocked up all over. And that the best chance GSU had was to outrun our defenders. We have the middle plugged up with backside pursuit(so they cant reverse, and a LB or safety keeping containment on the side the run is going to on just about every play, our run defense played out of their minds that game. But I do want to acknowledge that you are correct and that there are different counters for each offense, good point by you there.

gsu2583
11-01-2012, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=licBk-oTRJw

The title says "crazy counter option." Nothing crazy about it, but this is what I was referring to. If we did run it twice and get shut down, I don't think we should have completely abandoned it. NDSU did a good job of keeping us out of our rhythm.

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 06:58 PM

The title says "crazy counter option." Nothing crazy about it, but this is what I was referring to. If we did run it twice and get shut down, I don't think we should have completely abandoned it. NDSU did a good job of keeping us out of our rhythm.

I can't think of to many people that would call that a counter, most would call it a play fake. Or it could also start out as a play action pass if the QB was to pass it. But I will stick with play fake. But you guys faked a few hand offs to a RB up the middle with the QB then keeping it in that game. Either way, counter it is not.

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Ok then what counters did we use & can you describe them to me?

GSUsTALON
11-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Dude chill out counters are "different in option schemes" and what we run, IIRC a counter in triple option could be an inside handoff to the non-motion back to the side away from the direction of motion.

Yes Dude do what NDSU92 said and chill!

344Johnson
11-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I can't think of to many people that would call that a counter, most would call it a play fake. Or it could also start out as a play action pass if the QB was to pass it. But I will stick with play fake. But you guys faked a few hand offs to a RB up the middle with the QB then keeping it in that game. Either way, counter it is not.

I'd call that a play fake I think.

tjbison
11-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I can't believe this shit is starting already and it's only Nov. 1st

:facepalm:

I had to stop reading AGS because all the GSU fans in a panic over us being 1 again

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Ok then what counters did we use & can you describe them to me?

First drive, QB 1 1/2 steps to the right, turns and goes left and tackled for no gain after second effort gets him to line of scrim. Second drive hand off to motion RB turns direction and is tackled by or DE Boyer right as he turns around 4 yard loss. Those are the first two that I told you about. Now according to the video you showed before you seem to think that every time your QB fakes a hand off to a RB that is a counter so there would be quite a few more.

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I'd call that a play fake I think.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

BlueBisonRock
11-01-2012, 07:41 PM

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal!!!

Really. The veal is tasty! Just ask EZ.

ndsubison1
11-01-2012, 07:43 PM
“GSU Arrogance”

EXAMPLE

adrian peterson was awesome

gsu2583
11-01-2012, 07:56 PM
First drive, QB 1 1/2 steps to the right, turns and goes left and tackled for no gain after second effort gets him to line of scrim. Second drive hand off to motion RB turns direction and is tackled by or DE Boyer right as he turns around 4 yard loss. Those are the first two that I told you about. Now according to the video you showed before you seem to think that every time your QB fakes a hand off to a RB that is a counter so there would be quite a few more.

Where was the fake handoff in that example? That one is completely designed for the QB to reverse their field and head to the perimeter for the keeper/pitch. 75-80% of option plays the QB will stick the ball out and choose whether or not to put it in the belly of the B-Back. I don't consider those fake handoffs. Just a zone-read option run from under center.

tjbison
11-01-2012, 08:03 PM
adrian peterson was awesome

Didn't he play for Oklahoma??

:biggrin::duel:

reformedUNDfan
11-01-2012, 08:13 PM
i think the term you were looking for was 'entitlement.'

Personally, it looks more like your fanbase is panicking than being arrogant, although you certainly have earned the right to be arrogant (as has NDSU).

really amazing how well the recent batch of trasnition teams has done. ndsu, sdsu, cal poly, and uca are all looking pretty legit this year.

G_Funky
11-01-2012, 08:20 PM
i think the term you were looking for was 'entitlement.'

Personally, it looks more like your fanbase is panicking than being arrogant, although you certainly have earned the right to be arrogant (as has NDSU).

really amazing how well the recent batch of trasnition teams has done. ndsu, sdsu, cal poly, and uca are all looking pretty legit this year.

USD & UND...oh wait...

reformedUNDfan
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
USD & UND...oh wait...

and UNC.

UCD is much more competitive than their record.

THE HERD
11-01-2012, 08:39 PM

Ol Jaybo Shaw....love that name!

bisonhp330
11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
“GSU Arrogance”

EXAMPLE

awful long post....let me sum it up with a picture.....

http://i47.tinypic.com/t66mg3.png

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Where was the fake handoff in that example? That one is completely designed for the QB to reverse their field and head to the perimeter for the keeper/pitch. 75-80% of option plays the QB will stick the ball out and choose whether or not to put it in the belly of the B-Back. I don't consider those fake handoffs. Just a zone-read option run from under center.

Really are you must be joking. Your going to say that if your QB actually goes through the motion of pretending to give the RB the ball but does not actually do it that it is not by definition a fake. That would be like calling our fake punt in the NC game a " zone-read option run from 10 yards back of center". Maybe this link will help you understand what a fake is in football, read definition #2.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fake

BlueBisonRock
11-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Really are you must be joking. Your going to say that if your QB actually goes through the motion of pretending to give the RB the ball but does not actually do it that it is not by definition a fake. That would be like calling our fake punt in the NC game a " zone-read option run from 10 yards back of center". Maybe this link will help you understand what a fake is in football, read definition #2.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fake

I wouldn't get too concerned. Its obvious that he isn't married or he would certainly understand faking it.

Gully
11-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Just so the GSU fans remember the answer to the question, "who's house?" is "NDSU's house." There fans were very confident as we walked into their stadium (rightfully so), but were pretty quiet as we left.

gsu2583
11-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Just so the GSU fans remember the answer to the question, "who's house?" is "NDSU's house." There fans were very confident as we walked into their stadium (rightfully so), but were pretty quiet as we left.

Back in 2006? Really? Bragging about that victory over a Brian VanGorder team (our first year away from the option and we went 3-8. Worst GSU record. EVER.) is like bragging about going pee-pee standing up. Just look at the bang-up job he's done at Auburn. The man is 19-25 as a head coach to boot...

:rofl:

BlueBisonRock
11-01-2012, 09:46 PM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/blogs_calvin_2821_430657_poll_xlarge.jpg

Back in 2006? Really? Bragging about that victory over a Brian VanGorder team (our first year away from the option and we went 3-8. Worst GSU record. EVER.) is like bragging about going pee-pee standing up. Just look at the bang-up job he's done at Auburn. The man is 19-25 as a head coach to boot...

Some help for you.
http://captainhambone.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c40b69e2011570ab5cf9970b-800wi

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 09:49 PM

I would brag, if I'm not mistaken, 2006 was our second year in transition from DII, so almost any player in the game at that time was a DII recruit. Pretty good win for us I would say. But if that game isn't a ligit one in your mind, we could talk about last years game, or does that one not count either because you didn't run enough counters.

Trumpster
11-01-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm so glad all of you have no lives so I can read this at work and never run out of bickering back and forth. :biggrin:

BlueBisonRock
11-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm so glad all of you have no lives so I can read this at work and never run out of bickering back and forth. :biggrin:

If you had a life, why would you be following this diatrabe?

Trumpster
11-01-2012, 09:56 PM
If you had a life, why would you be following this diatrabe?

Wait, I have a life?

Herd
11-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I've read AGS, and this thread could just as easily be called "NDSU Arrogance".

CaBisonFan
11-01-2012, 10:00 PM

On bisonville...not AGS...which makes it more appropriate.

BlueBisonRock
11-01-2012, 10:05 PM

OK, I'm an arrogant. I have also been called Fatherly. (Still trying to understand if that refered to production or paternalism). And now as I age, I have become Grandfatherly. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last week. But I don't read AGS often. Does that make me more arrogant or less arrogant? Need TAB or CAS to explain.

Gully
11-01-2012, 10:16 PM

Well we've only played twice that I'm aware of so there's not a lot to choose from. You're probably right though, we should focus on something more recent. How about last year's playoff game? You know, the game we won right before we won the National Championship.

gsu2583
11-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm sure a D-III could have beat us that year. Without question. I hate that man for what he did to our program. HATE isn't a strong enough word for what I feel toward him.

Big of you to rub our noses in the playoff loss last year though. And here I thought we were having a pleasant dialog. Counter that.

Gully
11-01-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm sure a D-III could have beat us that year. Without question. I hate that man for what he did to our program. HATE isn't a strong enough word for what I feel toward him.

Big of you to rub our noses in the playoff loss last year though. And here I thought we were having a pleasant dialog. Counter that.

Relax...I actually posted on here earlier this week that I had a lot of respect for GSU and that they are "a program". Just smackin a little bit.

1st&TennBison
11-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Relax...I actually posted on here earlier this week that I had a lot of respect for GSU and that they are "a program". Just smackin a little bit.

That is true and I agree with you, they are a good program, it's their fan base that is out of whack.

CAS4127
11-01-2012, 10:54 PM

Don't let it get to you. We have rubes here like everyone does. GSU = NDSU = FCS = D2, meaning great traditions, and good for both programs. I have significant respect for GSU and NDSU, obviously. Ya, we won last year, but that was last year afterall. Let's continue the rivalry and traditions of both teams and party!! I'm in!! A team is only as good as there next game, not one in the past. Effin A some people!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsu2583
11-01-2012, 10:55 PM
That is true and I agree with you, they are a good program, it's their fan base that is out of whack.

Like you guys aren't zealous about your program.

IzzyFlexion
11-02-2012, 12:40 AM
It's college football.
Every school at every level has fans ranging from 0 to 100 miles per hour.

gotts
11-02-2012, 12:56 AM
It's college football.
Every school at every level has fans ranging from 0 to 100 miles per hour.

...and thats just motorboatin speeds hes talking about

Bisonator98
11-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Ton of respect for GSU from me. Built your program from the ground up the right way. Helps to be located in a hotbed for talent too. Good luck to GSU just not when they play us. GO BISON!!!

SamsRams
11-02-2012, 03:23 AM
its 2012 and you run the triple option. that in itself should make you not respect yourself as a coach or fan

CaBisonFan
11-02-2012, 04:50 AM
Why is this thread in the football section?

heffray
11-02-2012, 06:16 AM
...No beer for Heff.

Man, what does a guy have to do to earn a beer around here? This is Bisonville, that is asking way too much...

rutlandbison
11-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Why is this thread in the football section?

Because it is about our football team.

NorthernBison
11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Don't let it get to you. We have rubes here like everyone does. GSU = NDSU = FCS = D2, meaning great traditions, and good for both programs. I have significant respect for GSU and NDSU, obviously. Ya, we won last year, but that was last year afterall. Let's continue the rivalry and traditions of both teams and party!! I'm in!! A team is only as good as there next game, not one in the past. Effin A some people!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right. The fact is that successful programs will ALWAYS be perceived as arrogant. Especially the fans because all fans talk some smack now and then. The basic response to the upstart is to point to the scoreboard, the recordbook, etc. That gets perceived as arrogance and it builds as there is more and more success. We never have to apologize for being successful and neither do other successful programs. It's a Cross we can bear.

TAILG8R
11-02-2012, 03:21 PM

You should be the offensive coordinator for GSU, it only took you 6 tries be successful with the counter. :hide: :biggrin:

CaBisonFan
11-03-2012, 02:51 AM

Feel like I'm reading about 'worst teams' that Minnesota has had...several times. It's a losing attitude.

Rule #1 for winning programs...when someone beats you, compliment the opponent...and don't make excuses.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2012, 03:00 AM
[video=youtube;licBk-oTRJw]The title says "crazy counter option." Nothing crazy about it, but this is what I was referring to. If we did run it twice and get shut down, I don't think we should have completely abandoned it. NDSU did a good job of keeping us out of our rhythm.

I wondered why GS didn't pass more.