PDA

View Full Version : Some news in the Forum...

tolnabison
10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Kolpack's article: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/378221/group/Sports/

If Adam Keller can't go this week, walk-on Tom Barneson will have his redshirt pulled.

Colton Heagle got a minor last week. Must not of been able to run with ACL injury.

CJ Smith is moving to safety from CB. I like the move, right now all we have for depth is A.J. Van Voorhis. CJ has started a game for us at CB this year. Has seen the field, so moving him to safety gives us some flexibility. Plus Zach Colvin looks to be pushing for playing time. Not to mention CB is our deepest position on the team. Also the move saves us a bit from pulling a redshirt on Liekhus, Smith, or Brantley if someone else gets injured.

tony
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Isn't the Heagle 21 yet?

roadwarrior
10-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Isn't the Heagle 21 yet?

According to his bio on gobison, turned 21 last week.

tolnabison
10-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I should of said was charged with a minor. I'm sure the minor was probably sometime in the last month.

CAS4127
10-24-2012, 04:08 PM

He was cited prior to turning 21, but the fact that he is now 21 is likely why he received only a 6 month deferred sentence as opposed to a year.

EndZoneQB
10-24-2012, 04:10 PM
He was cited prior to turning 21, but the fact that he is now 21 is likely why he received only a 6 month deferred sentence as opposed to a year.

The little bit of time I spent in the Court Room, I actually learned that is common practice. I even saw them negotiate down to like 3 months.

WYOBISONMAN
10-24-2012, 04:15 PM
The little bit of time I spent in the Court Room, I actually learned that is common practice. I even saw them negotiate down to like 3 months.

I don't want my son to know this........

Kermit
10-24-2012, 04:17 PM
The little bit of time I spent in the Court Room...

Tell us more. :D

bisonmike2
10-24-2012, 04:17 PM
He's got a torn acl. Maybe the alcohol was for medicinal purposes?

Kermit
10-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Kolpack's article: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/378221/group/Sports/

CJ Smith is moving to safety from CB. I like the move, right now all we have for depth is A.J. Van Voorhis. CJ has started a game for us at CB this year. Has seen the field, so moving him to safety gives us some flexibility. Plus Zach Colvin looks to be pushing for playing time. Not to mention CB is our deepest position on the team. Also the move saves us a bit from pulling a redshirt on Liekhus, Smith, or Brantley if someone else gets injured.

CJ played safety with the 2's in Sioux Falls. That is why Zach Colvin was in the game at cornerback along with Jordan Champion. Yes, we do have depth at CB. Does anyone know what is up with Boyd? I don't think that he has played the past couple of weeks.

reformedUNDfan
10-24-2012, 04:57 PM
The Missouri Valley Football Conference had seven teams in the top 25 and was the top conference ahead of the Southern Conference and Big Sky Conference.

granted its the gpi, but interesting nonetheless

tony
10-24-2012, 06:27 PM
This thread has been de-cleated. And I did it. Woohoo!

S'pose I should move the side discussion of the philosophies of Rosseau, Thoreau, and other dead dudes to its own thread and thereby clean up my own mess.

Edit: You can now find the side discussion in The Watering Hole.

td577
10-24-2012, 08:00 PM
About Keller and the redshirt....

Can you dress a redshirt and if he doesn't play, he keeps his redshirt?

Maybe we can get by in a game using the kicker sparingly.

CAS4127
10-24-2012, 08:00 PM

Yes, unless rules have changed.

runtheoption
10-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Yes, unless rules have changed.

I believe Heagle changed this rule in the last year or 2. Something about social contracts, injustice, and statues.

roadwarrior
10-24-2012, 08:05 PM

Barneson was dressed and on the sidelines in Sioux Falls. That fact did not use up his redshirt.

roadwarrior
10-24-2012, 08:07 PM

I don't like this idea! It would mean we wouldn't be scoring much.

CAS4127
10-24-2012, 08:13 PM

Gofer two after TD's!!

td577
10-24-2012, 08:23 PM

I was thinking having to score TDs and just getting XPs from anyone else other than pulling a redshirt.

Like CAS said, go for two.

Seriously, inside on carpet; get the punter out there for XPs. Less than 20 yards, I bet #1 can do it for one game.

CAS4127
10-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I was thinking having to score TDs and just getting XPs from anyone else other than pulling a redshirt.

Seriously, inside on carpet; get the punter out there for XPs. Less than 20 yards, I bet #1 can do it for one game.

Bohl is concerned that kickoffs were effecting LeCompe's punting. He does not want that because he is a big field position guy, in case you haven't read some of Tony's posts today. It's ball control and field position my friend-->can you listen toand understand that concept!!! CAN YOU?!?!?

bri-dog
10-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Didn't LeCompte kick a couple PATs on Saturday -- we had a crappy picture on the internet feed at the bar, but I thought he made one and missed one. Or maybe I had too many beers...

EDIT: Never mind, I guess I had too many. ANd the picture was crappy.

CivilBison96
10-24-2012, 09:36 PM

I believe LeCompte is the holder which would make holding and kicking extremely difficult, or alternatively you have the alternate holder holding for the alternate kicker which just seems like a recipe for disaster. Remember if we screw up the snap/kick the other team can return it for 2 points (or maybe that is just an NFL rule and I am to lazy presently to look it up).

b15on
10-24-2012, 09:45 PM
I believe LeCompte is the holder which would make holding and kicking extremely difficult, or alternatively you have the alternate holder holding for the alternate kicker which just seems like a recipe for disaster. Remember if we screw up the snap/kick the other team can return it for 2 points (or maybe that is just an NFL rule and I am to lazy presently to look it up).

In college you can return it for 2 points. NFL's no fun and has no return for 2.

Didn't LeCompte kick a couple PATs on Saturday -- we had a crappy picture on the internet feed at the bar, but I thought he made one and missed one. Or maybe I had too many beers...

EDIT: Never mind, I guess I had too many. ANd the picture was crappy.

And yes Keller kicked them all and missed one and had one blocked.

CivilBison96
10-24-2012, 09:56 PM
In college you can return it for 2 points. NFL's no fun and has no return for 2.

And yes Keller kicked them all and missed one and had one blocked.

I knew one or the other did not allow it just couldn't remember which one and hence the laziness in not looking it up.

td577
10-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Bohl is concerned that kickoffs were effecting LeCompe's punting. He does not want that because he is a big field position guy, in case you haven't read some of Tony's posts today. It's ball control and field position my friend-->can you listen toand understand that concept!!! CAN YOU?!?!?

I think I can, but is five yards either way worth a redshirt?

SamsRams
10-24-2012, 10:58 PM
I think I can, but is five yards either way worth a redshirt?

Believe in the coaches. If they feel they will have a better chance to win this year pulling a redshirt they will do it. Win now, recruit later

roadwarrior
10-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Its almost November but when deciding whether to pull a redshirt or not at this point, you have to look at the season as having eight more games not four.

Bison"FANatic"
10-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Keller is just a sophomore so you could pull Barnesons redshirt this year and let him redshirt next year as Keller will be here next year anyway. A wash in the end.

moundbz
10-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Who cares, it's the kicker we are talking about. Bison D will stop anybody no matter the field position!

EndZoneQB
10-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Who cares, it's the kicker we are talking about. Bison D will stop anybody no matter the field position!

Oh yeah? Seems like we lost by 3 points just 2 short weeks ago...did you forget? While Brock threw the pick rather than the game tying field goal, it would have sucked to not have a kicker in a situation like that...no?

loudsilverado
10-25-2012, 01:28 AM
You know me, Pull The Redshirt

moundbz
10-25-2012, 01:30 AM
2 picks for td's lost that game. IE- Brock Jensen. D gave up 3 points End Zone. I was just trying to be overly positive, ya know nothing's gonna stop us now.

JustinTyem
10-25-2012, 01:50 AM
2 picks for td's lost that game. IE- Brock Jensen. D gave up 3 points End Zone. I was just trying to be overly positive, ya know nothing's gonna stop us now.How about the "WHOLE" Offense cause that game,not one person!!!!

DIBISON
10-25-2012, 01:53 AM
CJ played safety with the 2's in Sioux Falls. That is why Zach Colvin was in the game at cornerback along with Jordan Champion. Yes, we do have depth at CB. Does anyone know what is up with Boyd? I don't think that he has played the past couple of weeks.

Don't know what happened to Boyd, but he has been on the sideline in street clothes that last two home games.

NDSU1980
10-25-2012, 02:07 AM
I remember the Bibeau days. You can never have too many good kickers. (and you can never find a way to get rid of the poor ones)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-25-2012, 02:26 AM
I have 5 years of eligibility left. I should try out. :biggrin:

moundbz
10-25-2012, 11:40 AM
How about the "WHOLE" Offense cause that game,not one person!!!!
Look he had a bad game, last I checked Brock led the offense. After the 1st pick, I yelled for Wentz. I knew then Brock was in for a bad day. I mean that throw was that bad! They pull goalies in hockey all the time. I wish the best for Brock the rest of the season, I mean I like the guy. The whole offense? C'mon, Joe Lund snapped the hell outta that ball!

stevdock
10-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Look he had a bad game, last I checked Brock led the offense. After the 1st pick, I yelled for Wentz. I knew then Brock was in for a bad day. I mean that throw was that bad! They pull goalies in hockey all the time. I wish the best for Brock the rest of the season, I mean I like the guy. The whole offense? C'mon, Joe Lund snapped the hell outta that ball!

Actually he's right, it was the whole offense. Brock got hit more that game than the rest of the season combined. Also we did not run the ball well at all. Finally a few keys drops didn't help at all. While Brock is in charge, and he shouldered the blame, it was not just his fault that we lost the game.

moundbz
10-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Let's just hope we learn how to handle those tuff d's in the future.

westnodak93bison
10-25-2012, 12:24 PM
The whole team was off from the start. You could tell by the body language imho. If you can figure out why and how to prevent it you would become the guru of sports psychology.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NorthernBison
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Actually he's right, it was the whole offense. Brock got hit more that game than the rest of the season combined. Also we did not run the ball well at all. Finally a few keys drops didn't help at all. While Brock is in charge, and he shouldered the blame, it was not just his fault that we lost the game.

We've all heard it many times. The QB gets too much of the credit when we win and too much of the blame when we lose. One of the few football cliches that I agree with.

The first pick was not a bad decision by Brock (it was a bad throw). The second was a ball thrown only slightly behind the receiver enough that it got tipped in the air and picked (basically, a worse that typical throw). I thought only the third was a bad decision.

FWIW, I expect Brock to make "some" bad throws every game and very few of them will get picked off. OTOH, he has proven that he seldom makes bad decisions although, when he does, I expect that MOST of them will get picked.

The bottom line in being successful in this game is players winning their individual battles. If that happens, the plays work as drawn up. If not, bad things tend to happen. It's not real complicated and some fo it looks real easy from the stands. At field level and at full speed, I'm amazed at how many correct decisons these guys make.

Bison06
10-25-2012, 02:46 PM
I am not a fan of blaming a loss on one person, but the QB is one of two players to touch the ball on every snap so when he has an off day it has a much larger impact than any other player.

Brock deserves much of the blame for that loss, just as he deserves and gets much of the praise when we win. It comes with the territory and he no doubt understands that.

For those who say that you can't blame a loss on one player, do you remember the Northern Colorado game in '04? Remember that game and tell me that you can't blame a loss on one person.

Yeah, yeah, I get it. We win as a team and lose as a team, I am on board with that as a player. But as a fan it isn't that hard to see when the play of one player has such a dramatic impact on the game.

stevdock
10-25-2012, 04:37 PM
I am not a fan of blaming a loss on one person, but the QB is one of two players to touch the ball on every snap so when he has an off day it has a much larger impact than any other player.

Brock deserves much of the blame for that loss, just as he deserves and gets much of the praise when we win. It comes with the territory and he no doubt understands that.

For those who say that you can't blame a loss on one player, do you remember the Northern Colorado game in '04? Remember that game and tell me that you can't blame a loss on one person.

Yeah, yeah, I get it. We win as a team and lose as a team, I am on board with that as a player. But as a fan it isn't that hard to see when the play of one player has such a dramatic impact on the game.

UNC game was quite memorable, but I don't remember everything about it. I know it was the Stauss 5 INT game, and then Walker came in and was perfect and almost finished the comeback. Why did we throw that much in that game before we absolutely had to throw?? I seem to remember we had almost 200 yards on the ground that game. I don't remember where the INT's were though. Were they thrown inside UNC field goal range, because I believe the D didn't give up a TD.

Bison06
10-25-2012, 04:58 PM
UNC game was quite memorable, but I don't remember everything about it. I know it was the Stauss 5 INT game, and then Walker came in and was perfect and almost finished the comeback. Why did we throw that much in that game before we absolutely had to throw?? I seem to remember we had almost 200 yards on the ground that game. I don't remember where the INT's were though. Were they thrown inside UNC field goal range, because I believe the D didn't give up a TD.

I was hoping to find a drive by drive analysis somewhere, but it looks like I'll have to work off of memory. As a defense I remember being put on a lot of short fields. We pretty much shut down their offense and held Vincent Jackson to something insane like 3 catches for 10 yards. Our defensive scheme for that week was COMPLETELY based on where he was on the field and we rolled our coverage to him on every play.

Anyway, that was a memorable example of the team playing a near flawless game around a guy and one guy making the difference in the game. It was the most frustrated I ever remember being after a football game. I love Tony, don't get me wrong, he played some darn good football other days. But for whatever reason that day he decided to throw the ball right to the defender on at least 3 of those picks.

Bison06
10-25-2012, 05:03 PM
There has to be a way to access the GDT from that day in the bisonville archives right? I would be very curious to see that thread.

tony
10-25-2012, 06:03 PM
There has to be a way to access the GDT from that day in the bisonville archives right? I would be very curious to see that thread.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?4442-NDSU-v-UNC-game-thread&daysprune=-1

tcbison
10-25-2012, 06:17 PM
I was hoping to find a drive by drive analysis somewhere, but it looks like I'll have to work off of memory. As a defense I remember being put on a lot of short fields. We pretty much shut down their offense and held Vincent Jackson to something insane like 3 catches for 10 yards. Our defensive scheme for that week was COMPLETELY based on where he was on the field and we rolled our coverage to him on every play.

Anyway, that was a memorable example of the team playing a near flawless game around a guy and one guy making the difference in the game. It was the most frustrated I ever remember being after a football game. I love Tony, don't get me wrong, he played some darn good football other days. But for whatever reason that day he decided to throw the ball right to the defender on at least 3 of those picks.

Try this:
http://www.gobison.com/downloads1/1330.htm?ATCLID=74505&SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400

F (http://www.gobison.com/downloads1/1330.htm?ATCLID=74505&SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400)or future reference go to gobison.com click on schedules then football. Choose the year and game you want to see.