PDA

View Full Version : Pink??

tjbison
10-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Mcfeeley is reporting he is getting emails about people mad that NDSU was asked to wear something pink for breast cancer by Sanford on Saturday and they refused

Seems like something is mixed up anyone here know anything?

Bison Dan
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Mcfeeley is reporting he is getting emails about people mad that NDSU was asked to wear something pink for breast cancer by Sanford on Saturday and they refused

Seems like something is mixed up anyone here know anything?Yeah wearing pink will cure it for sure. If you want a cure open up your pocket book and donate some cash. That's the real way to get results.

CAS4127
10-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Can you wear altered uniforms in road game?

EndZoneQB
10-22-2012, 10:06 PM

They had to get approval to wear the yellow...

CAS4127
10-22-2012, 10:08 PM
So perhaps we couldn't push it too far or if we were asked to where it after requesting yellow, buy IDK. All I know is we are now arrogant and a-holes to those who listened to his show.

Bison06
10-22-2012, 10:11 PM
I am all for breast cancer research and anything else that will limit human suffering. But, I have to say I get a little fed up with the pink everywhere.

If it truly is only about raising awareness they have accomplished that, they have done a wonderful job over the past decade.

But, once it gets to the point that it is now people tune in out because it is literally everywhere. It becomes less effective when it is overkilled like it has been lately.

As I said, I appreciate anyone who works to learn more about such a horrible disease, but at this point I feel their dollars could probably be better spent in other areas.

Just my two cents.

bisonaudit
10-22-2012, 10:20 PM
I am all for breast cancer research and anything else that will limit human suffering. But, I have to say I get a little fed up with the pink everywhere.

If it truly is only about raising awareness they have accomplished that, they have done a wonderful job over the past decade.

But, once it gets to the point that it is now people tune in out because it is literally everywhere. It becomes less effective when it is overkilled like it has been lately.

As I said, I appreciate anyone who works to learn more about such a horrible disease, but at this point I feel their dollars could probably be better spent in other areas.

Just my two cents.

I was under the impression that all the game worn pink stuff, in the NFL anyway, got auctioned for research $$$. I know that that's what MLB does with both their Mother's Day Pink and Father's Day Blue.

I wasn't aware that College Football had gotten involved in this cause? If it isn't a conference wide program I'd imagine that individual teams wanting to do this would have to contend with Uniform regulations. I don't know what those are in College Football. The NFL is quite strict, but in College it seems like the clothing manufactures run the show. Those agreements could be an issue as well. If NDSU is contracted with Nike or whoever for on field apparel, they can't just run down to Sheels and pick up a bunch of Pink stuff to wear next Saturday. With advanced notice and planning that shouldn't be a problem but if someone if just looking to score cheap points by foisting this on the University with little notice, that's dirty pool.

56BISON73
10-22-2012, 10:26 PM
How many different causes are there for cripe sakes? Ive seen cars with all sorts of ribbon stickers on them. Its getting ridiculous.

tjbison
10-22-2012, 10:29 PM
I was more concerned if its true we said no, I highly doubt it and its people with mis information

Ross
10-22-2012, 10:31 PM
I was under the impression that all the game worn pink stuff, in the NFL anyway, got auctioned for research $$$. I know that that's what MLB does with both their Mother's Day Pink and Father's Day Blue.

I wasn't aware that College Football had gotten involved in this cause? If it isn't a conference wide program I'd imagine that individual teams wanting to do this would have to contend with Uniform regulations. I don't know what those are in College Football. The NFL is quite strict, but in College it seems like the clothing manufactures run the show. Those agreements could be an issue as well. If NDSU is contracted with Nike or whoever for on field apparel, they can't just run down to Sheels and pick up a bunch of Pink stuff to wear next Saturday. With advanced notice and planning that shouldn't be a problem but if someone is just looking to score cheap points by foisting this on the University with little notice, that's dirty pool.

When it comes to NDSU, that's the only way McFooly plays.

PattyBison
10-22-2012, 11:08 PM
I was more concerned if its true we said no, I highly doubt it and its people with mis information

I have no issue if NDSU said no. I consider the "pink" trend to be the same as the red ribbon trend in the 80's. Just a fad. Most companies who sell "pink" products in the name of breast cancer donate little or nothing to charity compared to the profit they are making by branding something pink. And to clarify, I have no problem with breast cancer research (my grandma had breast cancer), but I don't see why it is more important than heart disease, kidney disease, osteoporosis, lupus, etc, etc, etc. It is also important to note that the Dance Team had pink poms and the cheer team was wearing pink ribbons during the ISU-blue game. And Sanford was handing out pink flags.

I agree that I have a problem if this story is untrue, but even if it is true, it doesn't deserve publicity. I truly hate this "my charity is better than your charity" crap.

I also will have a problem with Sanford if this was true and they publicized it. For a non-profit corporation, Sanford sure seems to have a lot of money to throw at causes in the name of "education" (or throwing employee parties/concerts) in the face of rising healthcare costs. Personally, I think their profits can be in a much better manner.

tjbison
10-22-2012, 11:11 PM
I have no issue if NDSU said no. I consider the "pink" trend to be the same as the red ribbon trend in the 80's. Just a fad. Most companies who sell "pink" products in the name of breast cancer donate little or nothing to charity compared to the profit they are making by branding something pink. And to clarify, I have no problem with breast cancer research (my grandma had breast cancer), but I don't see why it is more important than heart disease, kidney disease, osteoporosis, lupus, etc, etc, etc. It is also important to note that the Dance Team had pink poms and the cheer team was wearing pink ribbons during the ISU-blue game. And Sanford was handing out pink flags.

I agree that I have a problem if this story is untrue, but even if it is true, it doesn't deserve publicity. I truly hate this "my charity is better than your charity" crap.

I also will have a problem with Sanford if this was true and they publicized it. For a non-profit corporation, Sanford sure seems to have a lot of money to throw at causes in the name of "education" (or throwing employee parties/concerts) in the face of rising healthcare costs. Personally, I think their profits can be in a much better manner.

To clarify, as far as I know Sanford did not publish anything nor has it been confirmed, Mcfeeley just said he had gotten some emails from people that were upset.

I'm just curious if anyone here knew better details

Bison"FANatic"
10-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Wasn't the week previous the big pink week in college football. I saw quite a bit while watching games and even some bison with towels and other pink items.

McFooley will do anything to take a stab at the Bison. He made no friends in the business community and with NDSU earlier this year. He is as irrelevant as ever.

DjKyRo
10-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Curious to hear how much money these rabble-rousers mad at NDSU were planning to donate to cancer research and are withholding becaus the school thu support didn't do its part to raise awareness. Having lost three grandparents and other family members to cancer, two to breast cancer specifically, I could care less which sports teams wear pink. Donate to research if you want to really help make a difference.

PattyBison
10-22-2012, 11:15 PM
To clarify, as far as I know Sanford did not publish anything nor has it been confirmed, Mcfeeley just said he had gotten some emails from people that were upset.

I'm just curious if anyone here knew better details

Understood... I probably mis-stated it. I could see some employees who were upset with a decision (if there even was one) talking around town. Typically, however, those employees would not know the whole story (but probably think they do). I guess for someone who says they don't comment on talk radio (that would be me) because I think talk radio is stupid, needs to ignore these threads.

CAS4127
10-22-2012, 11:29 PM
McFooley read several emails on air that were negative toward NDSU, and which included terms like arrogant and the like. He did everything he could to make us look bad and then said he would look into it more. He is anti-NDSU and we should dump him and KFGO as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison"FANatic"
10-22-2012, 11:33 PM
McFooley read several emails on air that were negative toward NDSU, and which included terms like arrogant and the like. He did everything he could to make us look bad and then said he would look into it more. He is anti-NDSU and we should dump him and KFGO as soon as possible.

You really need to switch to 790 and listen To Jay during that time slot. He is a guy you would want to tailgate with and is entertaining

td577
10-22-2012, 11:36 PM
I am sure it is necessary for Sanford to have its own breast cancer foundation. It has been a couple of years since I looked up the data, but there are over 700 breast cancer fund raising non-profits out there. I get that individually they are all very profitable but because of the redundancy in fund management very little money actually makes it to research.

Breast cancer research isn't the only angle with an incredible amount of overlap; it is just one of the largest.

I would actually like to see a lot of them fail in recruiting funds and maximize the efficiency of a few good ones. This could insure more funds are actually being used on research and not as much on administrative costs of 690 of them or so.

Pick your donation landing places wisely by actively pursuing the most efficient ones out there. The fact that Sanford has created its own foundation rather then seeking a partnership with another foundation should raise flags as to actual intent.

CAS4127
10-22-2012, 11:44 PM
You really need to switch to 790 and listen To Jay during that time slot. He is a guy you would want to tailgate with and is entertaining

970 u mean--I will switch over. Everyone else should too!!

Bison"FANatic"
10-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Ya that's what I meant I hate typing on this IPad

JSUBison
10-23-2012, 12:01 AM

It's nothing but a money grabbing scam now for some of these businesses. Slap a pink ribbon on your product, claim a portion will go to research, and then reap the profits. If NDSU said no to this, I have even more respect, not less. I don't want to see "causes" in sports, and I certainly don't need to see teams make clowns of themselves wearing all types of pink gear which looks f'n ridiculous. George Carlin said it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7FAisW7YWQ

BisonTeacher
10-23-2012, 12:02 AM

Who doesn't want to wear the pink?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaqI20WHyk

moundbz
10-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Why don't you guys just listen to the Fan? Way better line up all day long. When is McFeeley on anyway?

ndsubison1
10-23-2012, 12:19 AM

soon it will all be just a distant mammary

calelars24
10-23-2012, 12:24 AM

I wasn't aware that College Football had gotten involved in this cause? If it isn't a conference wide program I'd imagine that individual teams wanting to do this would have to contend with Uniform regulations. I don't know what those are in College Football. The NFL is quite strict, but in College it seems like the clothing manufactures run the show. Those agreements could be an issue as well. If NDSU is contracted with Nike or whoever for on field apparel, they can't just run down to Sheels and pick up a bunch of Pink stuff to wear next Saturday. With advanced notice and planning that shouldn't be a problem but if someone if just looking to score cheap points by foisting this on the University with little notice, that's dirty pool.

one of the sunday morning pre game shows a week or two ago made light of the fact that the NFL only donates 5 or 10% of the actual proceeds earned from the clothing and auctions to cancer research. They then pocket the rest

chuckles
10-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Just cut us a check for the rest of the SHAC instead of for pink football gear.

missingnumber7
10-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Didn't VB have a pink night a couple weeks ago, and the WBB team will do one this winter. I've had HS BBall teams do it more likely Girls than boys....had 1 Pink whistle night for FB. Donate my entire check on nights they do that, and usually will call and do it in the name of the high school that hosted the event, unless they have a charity there.

coldspot
10-23-2012, 12:57 AM
The pink thing is overdone. No need to do anymore pink outs to increase awareness, everybody is aware of breast cancer.

DjKyRo
10-23-2012, 01:04 AM
The pink thing is overdone. No need to do anymore pink outs to increase awareness, everybody is aware of breast cancer.

That said, I would support NDSU doing its part to raise awareness of breasts.

Bisonguy
10-23-2012, 01:04 AM
one of the sunday morning pre game shows a week or two ago made light of the fact that the NFL only donates 5 or 10% of the actual proceeds earned from the clothing and auctions to cancer research. They then pocket the rest

Cripes, a lot of the products that have a pink ribbon contribute 0% to cancer research.

I'm all for eliminating cancer, but for as much pink "awareness" there is out there, you'd think that breast cancer would be responsible for more than 7% of cancer deaths or there weren't 3 types of cancer that cause more deaths (lung, colorectal, and "other", in case you're wondering and pancreatic is pretty much right there too).

HerdBot
10-23-2012, 03:05 AM
Yeah wearing pink will cure it for sure. If you want a cure open up your pocket book and donate some cash. That's the real way to get results.

It will take more than money. The war on cancer began in the Nixon era and we still dont know with absolute certainly what causes cancer. We have no cure. The only improvements have been around early detection and treating more people who already have it but it still centers around barbaric chemotherapy, something that 100 years from now will be looked at in the same light as lobotomies. Sorry for my rant. Too many good people I know have been effected by this terrible disease and the 60 years of no cure pisses me off. When i was a kid I had no doubt in my mind we would cure cancer and it doesn't look like were any closer. . Come to think of it, have we cured anything in the last 60 years? But we surely have plenty of symptom treating drugs

Bisonator98
10-23-2012, 03:06 AM
I like boobies!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-23-2012, 03:37 AM
soon it will all be just a distant mammary

:rimshot:

10 char

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-23-2012, 03:39 AM
That said, I would support NDSU doing its part to raise awareness of breasts.

Big or small?

MNLonghorn10
10-23-2012, 03:43 AM
Who doesn't want to wear the pink?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaqI20WHyk
hahaha first vid that came to my mind

KSBisonFan
10-23-2012, 03:55 AM
All I know is this:

1. I hate cancer
2. I spent $12 on a pair of pink socks for my kid last week to wear at his football game. Then the A-hole coach wouldn't let them wear them for the game
3. I blame all of this on the streaker at the USD game......he wasn't wearing any pink!

BisonNation11
10-23-2012, 04:30 AM
3. I blame all of this on the streaker at the USD game......he wasn't wearing any pink!

Oh I bet he was plenty pink after those highly trained, quick responding security officers got ahold of him!

Ross
10-23-2012, 04:44 AM
I got such a kick out of the on field security WALKING after the streaker hahaha

BisonTeacher
10-23-2012, 10:57 AM
All I know is this:

1. I hate cancer
2. I spent $12 on a pair of pink socks for my kid last week to wear at his football game. Then the A-hole coach wouldn't let them wear them for the game

Are you sure it was the coaches decision? I obviously don't know your situation, but we were going to do a strike out cancer game for high school softball and the Minnesota State High School League would not allow us to wear pick jerseys we had paid for, because it was not school colors on the uniform. Just sayin...maybe someone else made that decision for him.

bisonmike2
10-23-2012, 11:23 AM

Seems like something is mixed up anyone here know anything?

If the purpose of the pink is for breast cancer awareness and to make people aware of how shitty breast cancer is, we'll then congrats, mission accomplished. I am aware that breast cancer sucks so there is no need to do they pink thing anymore.

thundarsdaddy
10-23-2012, 11:43 AM
My first reaction is about McFeeley himself. Why does he deal with rumors as if they are fact? I realize he does NOT have to follow the rules of being a reporter, since he is a talk-show-host, but he still should try to simply deal with FACTS, not rumor.
Second, if this is true, maybe NDSU had a good reason for declining. Wife and I were at the NDSY V-Ball games on "Pink" night. Its awesome!! But, it did seem, at the time to be a little unfair to the visiting team, if they were not wearing some sort of pink. So maybe, just maybe, in the interest of fairness and good sportsmanship(which NDSU leads the nation in) the Bison officials decided they would not put Southern Illinois in a position of making them possibly look bad by not wearing some sort of pink??
I dont know...I am simply speculating, apparently exactly what McFeeley did??

Third. I have a niece who has been battling breast cancer for 2 years since she found the lump, at age 34, while nursing her 7 month old daughter. Nice huh? She and my sister-in-law who is also battling breast cancer at Roger Maris and myself, who is 5 years into my battle with prostate cancer which does not go away, agree that the PINK thing is fine but its overdone. Awareness is awesome and the Pink movement has accomplished that, but virtually all people has issues in their lives, from unemployment to depression to our veterans returning home from Afghanistan. So if McFeeley felt chastisizing NDSU or anyone for that matter about not being AWARE enough about Breast Cancer, who is he to chastize anyone???

Tatanka
10-23-2012, 11:48 AM
It appears to this untrained eye that mcfeeley accomplished exactly what he set out to accomplish: people talking about mcfeely.

Successful troll is successful.

BisonBabe
10-23-2012, 11:49 AM
In the end there will always be those who will be pissed with NDSU no matter what they do. It is either not good enough or they are showing off. No happy medium for most.

KSBisonFan
10-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Are you sure it was the coaches decision? I obviously don't know your situation, but we were going to do a strike out cancer game for high school softball and the Minnesota State High School League would not allow us to wear pick jerseys we had paid for, because it was not school colors on the uniform. Just sayin...maybe someone else made that decision for him.

It was a coaches decision. Every other team we've played wore pink so it wasn't an Activities Association decison.

coldspot
10-23-2012, 12:07 PM
It appears to this untrained eye that mcfeeley accomplished exactly what he set out to accomplish: people talking about mcfeely.

Moral of the Story: Don't give McTroll the time of day. Kinda like how nobody talks about the BK burger flipper Rob Porterhouse out in Minot

gotts
10-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I think everyone should wear green or yellow this Saturday in an effort to raise awareness for mustaches.

tjbison
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
My first reaction is about McFeeley himself. Why does he deal with rumors as if they are fact? I realize he does NOT have to follow the rules of being a reporter, since he is a talk-show-host, but he still should try to simply deal with FACTS, not rumor.
Second, if this is true, maybe NDSU had a good reason for declining. Wife and I were at the NDSY V-Ball games on "Pink" night. Its awesome!! But, it did seem, at the time to be a little unfair to the visiting team, if they were not wearing some sort of pink. So maybe, just maybe, in the interest of fairness and good sportsmanship(which NDSU leads the nation in) the Bison officials decided they would not put Southern Illinois in a position of making them possibly look bad by not wearing some sort of pink??
I dont know...I am simply speculating, apparently exactly what McFeeley did??

Third. I have a niece who has been battling breast cancer for 2 years since she found the lump, at age 34, while nursing her 7 month old daughter. Nice huh? She and my sister-in-law who is also battling breast cancer at Roger Maris and myself, who is 5 years into my battle with prostate cancer which does not go away, agree that the PINK thing is fine but its overdone. Awareness is awesome and the Pink movement has accomplished that, but virtually all people has issues in their lives, from unemployment to depression to our veterans returning home from Afghanistan. So if McFeeley felt chastisizing NDSU or anyone for that matter about not being AWARE enough about Breast Cancer, who is he to chastize anyone???

This was supposed to have happened last Saturday at usd, so we would have been the away team

Wally
10-23-2012, 01:46 PM

This x100000000.......the DB will say anything, fact, lie or opinion, to get under the skin of the NDSU set.........he is trying to get people going and it is working.......honestly, who gives 2 shits what the guy thinks? I sure as hell don't and if the lemmings out there want to believe his act, good for them.

cbline
10-23-2012, 01:53 PM
So, McFooley responds on the air to random e-mails that are sent his way. I think that I will send him the following "true" stories that I read on the Internet and see if he gives them any air play:

1. AIDS was created by the CIA.
2. The Klingerman Virus is planted on sponges and sent through the US Mail Service.
3. Littel Mikey from the LIFE cereal commercials died of eating Pop Rocks and soda.
4. An aircraft carrier once ordered a lighthouse to change course.

Rynomite
10-23-2012, 01:59 PM

Just my two cents.

I agree. It has turned into more a marketing initiative to look worthy. Why not try something different like supporting prostate cancer in men?

CivilBison96
10-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Ahhh, so that was what EWU was doing on 12-11-10 with that abomination of a field, knew it would eventually snow and then they could raise awareness of Breast Cancer. Makes sense now, before it was just baffling that anyone would intentionally do that to one's eyes.

Answer Guy
10-23-2012, 08:16 PM

Probably only home games.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/Salmon2.jpg

CAS4127
10-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Probably only home games.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/Salmon2.jpg

I knew that was coming!!! :facepalm:

cbline
10-24-2012, 02:28 PM
i knew that was coming!!!*** :facepalm:

*** twss (sorry)