PDA

View Full Version : SIU Salukis vs NDSU Bison Predictions and Pontifications

NDSUstudent
10-21-2012, 08:07 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRivZcuW6lWFGIhOa2-j8Kl6KvzYEnWQQQXvBVzqDrPNfUrAJIu
NDSU 6-1(3-1)
vs RMU 52-0
@ CSU 22-7
vs PVAMU 66-7
@ UNI 33-21
vs YSU 48-7
vs ISUB 14-17
@ USD 54-0

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThIG_fH8q0WrsS4RICy995nBWCOHs17 kaAhlRfvSu7hRCd0Yzx
SIU 5-3(4-1)
@ EIU 28-49
@ Miami(OH) 14-30
vs SEMO 35-14
@ MSU 14-6
vs ISUB 3-24
@ ISUR 17-0
@ YSU 38-21

http://s.imwx.com/v.20120328.084208/img/wxicon/120/30.png
Tailgating Forecast: Partly Cloudy High of 34 with NW wind 10-15

NDSU is 3-3 all-time vs SIU. NDSU won the previous meeting 9-3 at SIU in 2011.

344Johnson
10-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Bye-sons 27
Salukis 6

NDSU has a defensive or special teams touchdown. Another TD set up by the defense.

NDSUBowler
10-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Bison win a defensive slugfest.

NDSU - 16
SIU - 3

westnodak93bison
10-21-2012, 09:54 PM
I refuse to make score predictions but this site says Bison win 100 out of 100 matchups with an average win by 23 pts.
http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone

CaBisonFan
10-21-2012, 10:05 PM
The Bison return home to claim ownership of their turf. 3 touchdown victory...hard-fought.

thebigund
10-21-2012, 10:08 PM
NDSU's worst nightmare, Bubba's 3-4.

NDSU 13

SIU 14

BadlandsBison
10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
NDSU's worst nightmare, Bubba's 3-4.

NDSU 13

SIU 14

Too bad NDSU isn't in the BigSkirt, then maybe we'd have a chance to score on teh 3-4.

The 'stache is restless...

MNLonghorn10
10-21-2012, 10:21 PM
ugly looking dawgs 52

prairie cows 10

KC Bison
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
The question is how is SIU going to score 14 pts. The only way that happens is with pick-6s and thats not happening again.

JustinTyem
10-21-2012, 10:40 PM
ndsu - 45 siu - 9

Jay
10-21-2012, 10:56 PM
23-6 Da Bison

CarringtonBison
10-22-2012, 12:16 AM
good guys 31
bad guys 13

WFBisonFan
10-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Bison 34
Salukis 10

Bison "O" puts together another solid effort and the "D".......well.......same ol', same ol'. (Not that I'm getting tired of it by any means!)

ndsubison1
10-22-2012, 02:40 AM
27-13 ndsu

reformedUNDfan
10-22-2012, 02:48 AM
34 -7 ndsu

AjaxTheMighty
10-22-2012, 02:56 AM
My facts:
1.) Salukis way overrated
2.) The Bison are now on a mission
3.) Our defense would be a handful for any team in the country at any level

Predictions:
1.) Crockett scores twice and rolls up 125+ yards on the ground.
2.) The defense is overwhelming and frustrates el-stache-o.
3.) SIU gets greedy and actually throws MWill's way and he makes them pay.
4.) SIU sees our side of the 50 no more than three times
5.) Bison win

Tatanka
10-22-2012, 02:57 AM
siu score <= 14
14< NDSU score <=21

Just don't see either team lighting up the scoreboard. The stache always plays the bison tough.

ndsubison1
10-22-2012, 03:04 AM
number of forum articles mentioning lennon >5.5

DePereBisonFan
10-22-2012, 01:41 PM
I like what I heard on Saturday and I think it will happen again this week. Bison 54, Southern Illinois University 0.

Grizzled
10-22-2012, 01:47 PM
My facts:
3.) Our defense would be a handful for any team in the country at any level

Any team in the country?? At any level??

Rynomite
10-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Bison win a defensive slugfest.

NDSU - 16
SIU - 3

I agree with this. Big Defensive game, but we keep it close!

aces1180
10-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Bubba's 3-4 defense makes me nervous, but our D is better...We win 17-6.

westnodak93bison
10-22-2012, 02:58 PM
They gave up 21 to YSU and 31 to UNI in the last two weeks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KTF
10-22-2012, 03:07 PM
This game squarely falls on QB/WR shoulders. SIU is going to try to shut down the run game like ISU-B did with the "beat us through the air" mentality. Bubba is going to dial up exotic blitzes/stunts. The offense is going to have to be ready for the unexpected.

If Brock is "normal" I won't be concerned. If he has a "poor" game, it will be ISU-B all over. If NDSU can get 20 points or more (combined O, D and ST) they win the game as the D will keep them honest.

AjaxTheMighty
10-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Any team in the country?? At any level??

Money! It's about Xs and Os. We have an excellent coaching staff. Our 18-22 year olds against another bunch of 18-22 year olds. We have a few guys that will play on Sundays especially on defense. I hear Grant Olson's name starting to come up, not to mention Marcus, Heagle, maybe a D-lineman will get a look. Our D-line is deep and very good. I say that without any proof of course, but I can do that as a rabid fan!

G_Funky
10-22-2012, 04:14 PM
bison 28 siu 10...grind it out and win the turnover margin...close through 3 before we break it open with a big play...punt return, int, ff...break their spirit and then coast on in

tjamz
10-22-2012, 04:37 PM
I think it will be close. Probably within 10 points or so. SIU will be studying the ISUr film religiously to see what worked and why defensively.

If Brock stays accurate and without picks I have all the confidence in the world in this team. If not, well, then it could get ugly, but I still think we can win it even in that situation.

HoopsBison
10-22-2012, 04:50 PM
24-0 Bison.

G_Funky
10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
I think it will be close. Probably within 10 points or so. SIU will be studying the ISUr film religiously to see what worked and why defensively.

If Brock stays accurate and without picks I have all the confidence in the world in this team. If not, well, then it could get ugly, but I still think we can win it even in that situation.

ISU-B stategy = stack the box and return interceptions for touchdowns...seems pretty simple
No, but in all seriousness they run a completely different scheme but I wouldnt doubt they use a lot of what InSt did as far as bringing extra guys down to the line of scrimmage late, overloading the weak side and taking away the deep ball and make Brock make throws in 2nd and third and long.

BisonNation11
10-22-2012, 04:56 PM
I think we finally smack the stache back to Illinois in a convincing way. I know USD doesn't have the athletes some of the MVFC teams do, but it looked like we started to handle the 3-4 defense better or at least become a little more comfortable with it. Prepare for the blitzes, use the passing game to open up the running game, and keep Brock on his feet. Hit open receivers in the middle of the field, use roll out passes, and utilize your TE's and RB's for check downs. Defense needs to be itself and don't give up the big play. Looking forward to seeing all the staches in the stands and some great football on the field!

moosbah
10-22-2012, 05:00 PM
In a rare rain storm inside the Fargodome (due to a massive sprinkler system problem), the Bison win a rubber pellet mudder against the anorexic puppies.

27-17.

DjKyRo
10-22-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't know if we throw up 30+, but no way that offense does anything against the best defense in the country. 27-10 Bison, reiterating my earlier call of a 17-point W.

heffray
10-22-2012, 05:57 PM
I agree with DJ in that it's hard to figure out what this offense is going to do, but I think we can count on the Defense. I don't have any idea what the Bison will score, maybe 14, maybe 40, but I think the Salukis will score ZERO.

Zero points for the Salukis this week. ZERO.

westnodak93bison
10-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Its not if we win but will the opponent score a TD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonNeil
10-22-2012, 06:09 PM
No comparison between the 3-4 Bubba runs and USD. Bubba has owned Vigen and despite how well this coaching staff is capable of developing game plans, they have rarely done a good job against a top notch 3-4 scheme, especially Bubba's.

ISUb ran a modified 3-4 with #55 as a stand up DE/LB dropping back so they could send the OLB on the other side. It gave both Bison OT fits. I am sure Bubba will do the same and likely much more. However, I am just not sure he has the quality DBs that ISUb had, so that could be the difference in this game.

I had an upset pegged for ISUb but chickened out, but not this time. SIU 17, NDSU 14. Until Vigen develops a consistent game plan that works against a solid 3-4, and until Fuchs gets a more experienced OL that isn't handicapped by two inexperienced RFr, I am going to stick with continued difficulties against good 3-4 defenses.

But god I hope I am wrong again :D

TransAmBison
10-22-2012, 06:20 PM
I had an upset pegged for ISUb but chickened out, but not this time.
I think that is an appropriate choice of words...as you have a chicken little type of viewpoint...as in the sky is falling (spelled it out for CAS, AG, & Heffray*--try to keep up). You always are so pessimistic and let us know when you were right to be nervous, etc. Just havin' a little fun--not trying to call you out.

With that said, this is going to be a tough team. Lennon will have his team ready to go, and the defense is gonna be tough...real tough. Wouldn't expect anything else. Also, would not surprise me to see a little special teams trickery from teh pups.

*KSBisonFan also included, but not worth mentioning.

westriver bison
10-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Bison 24 The Lennon Sisters 3

DjKyRo
10-22-2012, 06:24 PM
With that said, this is going to be a tough team. Lennon will have his team ready to go, and the defense is gonna be tough...real tough. Wouldn't expect anything else.

Great teams beat good teams. So jacked to see what NDSU can do this weekend. Bring it on.

AjaxTheMighty
10-22-2012, 06:24 PM
No comparison between the 3-4 Bubba runs and USD. Bubba has owned Vigen and despite how well this coaching staff is capable of developing game plans, they have rarely done a good job against a top notch 3-4 scheme, especially Bubba's.

ISUb ran a modified 3-4 with #55 as a stand up DE/LB dropping back so they could send the OLB on the other side. It gave both Bison OT fits. I am sure Bubba will do the same and likely much more. However, I am just not sure he has the quality DBs that ISUb had, so that could be the difference in this game.

I had an upset pegged for ISUb but chickened out, but not this time. SIU 17, NDSU 14. Until Vigen develops a consistent game plan that works against a solid 3-4, and until Fuchs gets a more experienced OL that isn't handicapped by two inexperienced RFr, I am going to stick with continued difficulties against good 3-4 defenses.

17 points? Is some of that on Defense...again? They put up a whopping 3 on us at their house last year. Our 'D' is even better this year. I'm not sure I see 17 points for SIU...unless of course they house some turnovers like ISUB. Doesn't seem likely. I will save you the heartburn. If a prediction can be 'VERY' wrong, then I would put your pick in that category. So rest easy my friend!

tony
10-22-2012, 06:28 PM
SIU's defense is really good. They find ways to lose though.

My prediction: >5 personal fouls called on the Salukis because they are the yappiest team in the MVFC. <== stirring the pot.

dragonsfan
10-22-2012, 06:37 PM
whats changed with siu since their week 1 loss to ovc eastern illinois? anyone got the answer to that?

southcliffbison
10-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Bison 24 The Lennon Sisters 3

My WAG: Bison 28 What's for dinner, Egyptian style 10 ......... one fg and a td at garbage time.

DjKyRo
10-22-2012, 06:40 PM
whats changed with siu since their week 1 loss to ovc eastern illinois? anyone got the answer to that?

They started playing some god damn defense.

HandoEX
10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
31-10 Bison

The only way SIU has any chance of staying in this game is if the Bison turn the ball over a ton and don't force any. Against YSU, SIU scored on a fumble recovery in the endzone, a 100 yard interception return, and a blocked punt TD...which was the THIRD STRAIGHT GAME THEY HAVE BLOCKED A PUNT FOR A TOUCHDOWN! Unreal.

SIU is winning by taking care of the ball and forcing turnovers...lots of them.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-22-2012, 07:28 PM
35-6 bison

THEsocalledfan
10-22-2012, 07:46 PM
31-10 Bison

The only way SIU has any chance of staying in this game is if the Bison turn the ball over a ton and don't force any. Against YSU, SIU scored on a fumble recovery in the endzone, a 100 yard interception return, and a blocked punt TD...which was the THIRD STRAIGHT GAME THEY HAVE BLOCKED A PUNT FOR A TOUCHDOWN! Unreal.

I agree with Hando on this. I think what many are missing is NDSU is now on a seek and destroy mission. That ISUb game pissed them off, and they are going to pound on any team in their way. Yes, this team is much better than USD, but I do think NDSU wins this baby going away. 35-3 NDSU over SIU.

Herd80
10-22-2012, 08:37 PM
31-10 Bison

And who does this remind us of?

I'm with Hando on this...31-10

tcbison
10-22-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm going with 20-9 Bison. SIU doesn't make it into the endzone.

BISONFANAJ
10-23-2012, 01:44 PM
They have their swagger back on offense. The Bison SHOULD win by 17+.

HandoEX
10-23-2012, 02:40 PM
And who does this remind us of?

I'm with Hando on this...31-10
I get what you mean, but SIU has been outgained in every game this year except one. The Bison benefit from the turnover margin, but SIU completely depends on winning through turnovers and special teams. Their offense is not good at all and their defense gives up lots of points and yards.

HandoEX
10-23-2012, 03:27 PM
SIU rankings...

Offensive Yards: #96 (Bison are #29)
Offensive Points: #76 (Bison are #3)
Defensive Yards: #35 (Bison are #1)
Defensive Points: #36 (Bison are #1)
Turnover Margin: #42 (Bison are #8)

AjaxTheMighty
10-23-2012, 03:36 PM
SIU's defense is really good. They find ways to lose though.

My prediction: >5 personal fouls called on the Salukis because they are the yappiest team in the MVFC. <== stirring the pot.

What constitutes really good? You probably have seen them play. I haven't seen them yet this year. I looked up their stats and don't see anything remarkable. They don't lead the Valley in any categories of defense. They are 4th in scoring defense at 22 points per game. That is about their best stat. Total D they are 6th, 5th in the turnover margin (+3). Nothing stands out to me.
On a side note: I saw that the SDSU QB has been sacked 21 times this year! Ouch!

BisonNeil
10-23-2012, 03:37 PM
I get what you mean, but SIU has been outgained in every game this year except one. The Bison benefit from the turnover margin, but SIU completely depends on winning through turnovers and special teams. Their offense is not good at all and their defense gives up lots of points and yards.

You are correct about the TO being a key for SIU. They have forced 21 TOs, Bison have forced 15. However, the Bison are +9 in TO ration, SIU is only +3. They fumble a lot, and have thrown 8 INTs.

Kolpack is right on the media blog when he says NDSU has struggled with SIUs defense, but that SIU has struggled even more with NDSUs defense.

steelbison
10-23-2012, 03:42 PM

Ok BisonNeil, time to but your money where your mouth is..I'll take the Bison for $100 you up for it?

The ONLY way we could lose this game is we turn the ball over multiple times. I don't see that happening. SIU defense is not even close to as good as ISU Just look at the conference rankings. In EVERY category we crush SIU. Both sides of the ball. Again, the ONLY way we lost this game is a copy of the ISU game.

Bison by 17 plus...

BisonNeil
10-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Ok BisonNeil, time to but your money where your mouth is..I'll take the Bison for $100 you up for it?

The ONLY way we could lose this game is we turn the ball over multiple times. I don't see that happening. SIU defense is not even close to as good as ISU Just look at the conference rankings. In EVERY category we crush SIU. Both sides of the ball. Again, the ONLY way we lost this game is a copy of the ISU game.Bison by 17 plus...

You apparently don't think that can happen. I do. You do realize that SIU is tied for 3rd in FCS for causing the most TOs, right? They have caused 4 more TOs than ISUb and 6 more than NDSU.

And, for the record, I don't make wagers on the Bison. And, I did say I hope I am wrong, which also for the record, I rarely make predictions on this board and I have been nearly 100% wrong (i.e., when I picked the Bison over ISUb). So, you should be pleased I picked SIU :)

KC Bison
10-23-2012, 04:51 PM
I think this is another game where some people are doubting the Bison. That usually pisses off the defense and offense. I see a 31-3 score Bison.

tony
10-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I think this is another game where some people are doubting the Bison. That usually pisses off the defense and offense. I see a 31-3 score Bison.

But you aren't doubting them so now the offense and defense will be complacent... way to go, KC Bison, we're doomed! :)

To state the obvious: SIU's offense is not that good but their defense forces TOs and their special teams are excellent - especially punt blocking/punt returning.

BisonNation11
10-23-2012, 05:15 PM

I'm going back to how I felt last year about this team. I knew they were good, but I was very skeptical every week that we could win. Especially come playoff time. I'm not doubting them, I'm just going to be hesitant from now on because frankly, I enjoyed the victories more that way when I didn't expect a win.

heffray
10-23-2012, 05:20 PM
You apparently don't think that can happen. I do. You do realize that SIU is tied for 3rd in FCS for causing the most TOs, right? They have caused 4 more TOs than ISUb and 6 more than NDSU.

And, for the record, I don't make wagers on the Bison. And, I did say I hope I am wrong, which also for the record, I rarely make predictions on this board and I have been nearly 100% wrong (i.e., when I picked the Bison over ISUb). So, you should be pleased I picked SIU :)

It can't be said enough that we don't want to take anything away from ISUb, blah blah blah... But seriously, as good as their defense was, it was more bad throws/decisions by Brock than it was their tough D. How many Pick-6's has Brock thrown in his career? How many Picks alone?

Neil, it will take another monumentally terrible game by Brock for the Saluki's to beat us, and I would be really surprised if it happened like that again.

TransAmBison
10-23-2012, 05:28 PM
It can't be said enough that we don't want to take anything away from ISUb, blah blah blah... But seriously, as good as their defense was, it was more bad throws/decisions by Brock than it was their tough D. How many Pick-6's has Brock thrown in his career? How many Picks alone?

Neil, it will take another monumentally terrible game by Brock for the Saluki's to beat us, and I would be really surprised if it happened like that again.But what caused those bad throws...I think it was pressure. Brock didn't have time to check his receivers...he picked one and tried to make something happen.

heffray
10-23-2012, 05:29 PM
But what caused those bad throws...I think it was pressure. Brock didn't have time to check his receivers...he picked one and tried to make something happen.

So you're saying it was line play that caused Brock to make the bad decisions? Not some magical abillity to cause the other team to turn it over more?

CAS4127
10-23-2012, 05:37 PM
But what caused those bad throws...I think it was pressure. Brock didn't have time to check his receivers...he picked one and tried to make something happen.

So you're saying it was line play that caused Brock to make the bad decisions? Not some magical abillity to cause the other team to turn it over more?

If it was pressure, then we are gonna have our hands full with their 3-4 defense in passing situations. The 3-4 allows for several rushing schemes from different positions. Our O-line has a big challenge on its hands. Field position will likely be big in this game (I know it is always a big deal, but even more so this Saturday) IMO.

Tatanka
10-23-2012, 05:57 PM
If it was pressure, then we are gonna have our hands full with their 3-4 defense in passing situations. The 3-4 allows for several rushing schemes from different positions. Our O-line has a big challenge on its hands. Field position will likely be big in this game (I know it is always a big deal, but even more so this Saturday) IMO.not just a 3-4 but the staches 3-4. Bison will have their hands full.

TransAmBison
10-23-2012, 05:59 PM
not just a 3-4 but the staches 3-4. Bison will have their hands full.That is why we negate the influence of teh 'stache. The 12th 'Stache better be ready.

HandoEX
10-23-2012, 06:08 PM

Are you taking ONE stat and basing your entire prediction on that? Yes, they COULD cause turnovers. They haven't played a team that takes care of the ball like we do.

A "good 3-4 defense" gives up 335 yards a game and 22 points per game? Really? They've given up more yards than their offense has gained in every single game but one. No one the Bison have faced has even come close to moving the ball at the same rate as NDSU. But you can go ahead and cling to that morsel of negativity.

BisonAccountant44
10-23-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm going back to how I felt last year about this team. I knew they were good, but I was very skeptical every week that we could win. Especially come playoff time. I'm not doubting them, I'm just going to be hesitant from now on because frankly, I enjoyed the victories more that way when I didn't expect a win.

I'll tell you if I feel the same way if there ever comes a time when I don't expect a Bison win.

SDbison
10-23-2012, 06:24 PM
not just a 3-4 but the staches 3-4. Bison will have their hands full. I thought we concluded Lennon's stache has now lost all the power it used to have in the dome........

80ALUM
10-23-2012, 06:24 PM
I predict a Bison win and many Whioux fans wandering through tailgate looking for tickets to the game so they can cheer against us. Hopefully no one sells them a ticket.

TransAmBison
10-23-2012, 06:25 PM
I thought we concluded Lennon's stache has now lost all the power it used to have in the dome........That is what it would like you to think.

westnodak93bison
10-23-2012, 06:27 PM
The 3-4 is not invincible. With all their pressure tactics or schemes they leave themselves open for big plays. They will not let us run the ball down the throat. If they gamble we must have a quick safety valve to make them pay. They gave up 21 and 31 points in their last two games to teams lesser than the Bison. Make them pay.

CAS4127
10-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Are you taking ONE stat and basing your entire prediction on that? Yes, they COULD cause turnovers. They haven't played a team that takes care of the ball like we do.

A "good 3-4 defense" gives up 335 yards a game and 22 points per game? Really? They've given up more yards than their offense has gained in every single game but one. No one the Bison have faced has even come close to moving the ball at the same rate as NDSU. But you can go ahead and cling to that morsel of negativity.

For whatever reason, SIU's 3-4 scheme has been effective against us. Not only will our O-line have to play well, but OC Vigen will have to call a very good game. BNeil suggested this last week I believe, and I agree, we have yet to develop and execute a sound, consistent offensive game plan against a good 3-4 defense. Sure SoDak ran a 3-4, but I don't think anyone is gonna accuse them of being "good". AS for how SIU's defense has performed against other teams . . . well, that to me is not the issue. The issue is how have and will we perform against it.

We shall see come Saturday, and I hope we destroy them.

HandoEX
10-23-2012, 06:56 PM
For whatever reason, SIU's 3-4 scheme has been effective against us. Not only will our O-line have to play well, but OC Vigen will have to call a very good game. BNeil suggested this last week I believe, and I agree, we have yet to develop and execute a sound, consistent offensive game plan against a good 3-4 defense. Sure SoDak ran a 3-4, but I don't think anyone is gonna accuse them of being "good". AS for how SIU's defense has performed against other teams . . . well, that to me is not the issue. The issue is how have and will we perform against it.

We shall see come Saturday, and I hope we destroy them.
I didn't say we would put up big points, but I can't see any way that they outscore us or win the turnover battle. We've put up points and yards on some pretty darn good 3-4 defenses over the last season and a half (yes, I know SIU was the only one to stop us).

Answer Guy
10-23-2012, 07:29 PM
17-13 good guys.

BisonAccountant44
10-23-2012, 07:34 PM
I thought we concluded Lennon's stache has now lost all the power it used to have in the dome........

I thought the stache left Lennon sometime last year?

CAS4127
10-23-2012, 07:34 PM
17-13 good guys.

Glad you have finally came to your senses and chose the Bison-->thanks for you unsolicited, and substantive input-->as always!!

MNLonghorn10
10-23-2012, 08:22 PM
I watched the bison media blog over lunch...kolpack brought up a good point...ndsu may see a 3-4...but siu hasnt scored a td on ndsu in 3 years.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

tony
10-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Just a thought, but I think that NDSU and SIU could get a lot of publicity if they started playing a trophy game for "The Golden 'stache."

AjaxTheMighty
10-23-2012, 11:38 PM

You left out that they (SIU) are tied for 103 for turnovers lost with 18. Also, NDSU is tied for 3rd for turnovers lost with 6 (half of those were in one game). The Bison are a freakish +10 in turnover margin!

PaBizon
10-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Bison defense holds them w/o a td again and wins 17-6.

NDSU1980
10-24-2012, 01:37 AM
27-13. If I have to tell you who will score which, get the hell off of this board.

1st&TennBison
10-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Not sure what the score will be, but I am 97.3% sure that if we score more points than they do that we will win.

ndsubison1
10-24-2012, 06:29 AM
24-9 ndsu.

NDSUstudent
10-24-2012, 06:38 AM
Bison 27
Stache 13

bisonsupporter
10-24-2012, 06:25 PM
SIU- 10
Bison- 42

Da_Bizon
10-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Bison: 30
Malnourished Dogs: 17

X-Factor
10-26-2012, 12:17 AM
You peeps are predicting wayyyy too many points for teh stache. They have not scored a TD on us since 09 ya know? IMO there is a really good chance for another shutout this weekend.

BadlandsBison
10-26-2012, 12:36 AM
You peeps are predicting wayyyy too many points for teh stache. They have not scored a TD on us since 09 ya know? IMO there is a really good chance for another shutout this weekend.

They have scored a few on defense and special teams this season. ISUb proved that can be enough

BeardifulBobb
10-26-2012, 01:28 AM
31-6 Bison. SIU held under 150 yards.

CAS4127
10-26-2012, 01:42 AM
Going out on a limb here, but I predict we will go no huddle if we r not moving ball in first have and/or we will see Dinwiddie in the first half--Mark it down. We may see Dinwiddie in first have regardless. Watch and see!!

tolnabison
10-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Going out on a limb here, but I predict we will go no huddle if we r not moving ball in first have and/or we will see Dinwiddie in the first half--Mark it down. We may see Dinwiddie in first have regardless. Watch and see!!
I'm on the Dinwiddie bandwagon too. He just brings something to the backfield we haven't seen since Sigers. Granted he's been with/against the number 2's, but he just looks like a big play waiting to happen. I like Lang as our 3, but I'd like to see what Dinwiddie can do.

BisonNation11
10-26-2012, 03:58 AM

I say they give Ojuri a quarter to prove something other than he's a great salsa dancer, otherwise Crockett and Dinwiddie take over with Lang the #3. Dinwiddie is the change of pace this running game needs, just like Ojuri was with DJ. Crockett has shown he can make plays and Ojuri just hasn't yet, maybe because their running styles are pretty similar just executed differently. I'm high on Dinwiddie and I DEMAND we see what he can do with the #1's.

G_Funky
10-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I say they give Ojuri a quarter to prove something other than he's a great salsa dancer, otherwise Crockett and Dinwiddie take over with Lang the #3. Dinwiddie is the change of pace this running game needs, just like Ojuri was with DJ. Crockett has shown he can make plays and Ojuri just hasn't yet, maybe because their running styles are pretty similar just executed differently. I'm high on Dinwiddie and I DEMAND we see what he can do with the #1's.

agreed, well not the demanding part, but I think NDSU need a stir up at the position. They are winning games but the running game looks like shit...are we even going to get a 1000 yard rusher this year?? I know we've had at least one for the last like 9 years...

bruinbison
10-26-2012, 03:51 PM
"Salukis head to Fargo Saturday to face No. 3 North Dakota State".....

http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102212aag.html

On offense - experienced QB in Kory Faulkner - has 2,942 career passing yards

- versatile all-purpose RB in Steve Strother - "is the 34th player in school history to run for 1,000 yards in a career. He enters the game with 1,319 career rushing yards, good enough for 24th place on the school's all-time list. Steve Strother is in third place in school history with 1,404 career kick return yards."

On defense - with their 3-4 D - "Southern Illinois is tied for second in the conference in sacks (2.9 per game). Seniors Kenneth Boatright, Jayson DiManche, and Eze Obiora are in the top-10 in the conference in both sacks and tackles for loss. SIU is tied for 22nd nationally in tackles for loss (7.0 per game.)"
- 7 senior starters on D

On special teams - "Southern Illinois has blocked a punt and returned it for it for a touchdown in three straight weeks".

SIU gameday link.....

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/silu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/release/release_20121022aaa.pdf

totoinfl
10-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Ok...is the game on the web? ESPN 3 is showing USD At IndSt and YSU at SDSU....give me a freakin break.

1st&TennBison
10-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Ok...is the game on the web? ESPN 3 is showing USD At IndSt and YSU at SDSU....give me a freakin break.

It is on KVLY channel 11 for Midcon customers in Fargo.

iceberg
10-26-2012, 04:19 PM

KVLY and NBC ND Network
Fox College Sports (626 on DIrectv)
College Sports Direct is the web this week
http://www.collegesportsdirect.com/Programming.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=5950

which looks like it sends you to NDSU all access

HerdBot
10-26-2012, 05:15 PM

I wouldn't yank Sam. Maybe give Crockett a few more carries. He's still a very good player but I agree it would be nice to see the change of pace Dinwiddie can offer. Lang can provide that too.

G_Funky
10-26-2012, 05:39 PM
I like the o-line in this game...they are coached so damn well and Fuchs was the o-line coach at siu before he came to ndsu so he will have them ready for the blitzing and twisting that front 7 will do all game.

I'm also interested to see if we do some checks in the run game. If the D shows their blitz early or if the guys in the booth pick up on some tendencies I'd like to see Brock check into some predetermined run plays or quick passes. Defenses can get gashed if an offense checks run right into the void in their blitz...

MNLonghorn10
10-26-2012, 05:52 PM
ndsus game proceeds texas/kansas. LOL.

SDbison
10-26-2012, 06:05 PM
ndsus game proceeds texas/kansas. LOL. And that is significant because..............

MNLonghorn10
10-26-2012, 06:18 PM
And that is significant because..............
texas is playing so bad right now, theyre being aired on FCS.

but like i said during the offseason, FCS isn't as bad of a station as some here think.

totoinfl
10-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Texas is bad and Kansas is just waiting for BB season...FCS probably has a deal to carry the Longhorn network when they aren't on a major network station.

but like i said during the offseason, FCS isn't as bad of a station as some here think.

THEsocalledfan
10-26-2012, 07:53 PM

I don't know of any HD feed for FCS (unless midcon is holding out). That is pretty bad.

tjbison
10-26-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't know of any HD feed for FCS (unless midcon is holding out). That is pretty bad.

Fcs has an alternate directv station that is HD

CAS4127
10-27-2012, 12:46 AM
ndsus game proceeds texas/kansas. LOL.

Proceeds or precedes?! 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyroshane
10-27-2012, 12:59 AM
Well, it's almost Halloween, and I think SIU will give us a good scare in the first half, but NDSU will put it away starting late in the third. I am going to guess 17-6 in favor of the:

bruinbison
10-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Today's news from Carbondale.....

MVFC Notebook: Lennon expecting great show back in home state.....

http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/mvfc-notebook-lennon-expecting-great-show-back-in-home-state/article_fa3eed0e-1d92-11e2-af00-0019bb2963f4.html

Keep it running.....

http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/keep-it-running-salukis-hope-backfield-options-can-keep-bison/article_3169c88a-1fe6-11e2-af2f-0019bb2963f4.html

http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/bison-aware-of-salukis-scoring-surprises/article_2f21a044-1d92-11e2-80a4-0019bb2963f4.html

http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/football/early-lead-could-be-big-for-salukis/article_216ec982-1cce-11e2-b60d-001a4bcf887a.html