PDA

View Full Version : Jekyll and Hyde?

gizmo
10-21-2012, 01:17 PM
The Bison offense sputtered against Indy State and then they turn around and clobber USD. Was ISU that good? Is USD that bad? Or, is it all up to the Bison?

WFBisonFan
10-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Mixture of both......USD was just plain outmuscled. ISU-Blue is athletic and strong much like our D. However, turnovers and execution led to our demise against them.

1st&TennBison
10-21-2012, 01:54 PM
The Bison offense sputtered against Indy State and then they turn around and clobber USD. Was ISU that good? Is USD that bad? Or, is it all up to the Bison?

ISU game was a fluke, they played us tough and earned the win, but it was still a fluke. I wonder if most of the teams we played so far are good, but that we make them look bad. Face it, most of the teams in the MV play each other tough and close. And with the exception of ISU we have beat them very easily so far. Did anyone notice how after the game coach Bohl made sure to touch on the point about avoiding the roller coaster effect and keeping things at a steady intensity.

stevdock
10-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Honestly we aren't going to know for sure until we play more good teams. Our 6 wins are against teams that have a combined 12 wins, and before yesterday 5 of those teams had 1 or less D1 wins. ISU has 6 wins by themselves.

I think if we can get as healthy as possible we should be fine. As has been the case with this team for the last year and a half, our defense is dominant. 6 TD's given up and at least a couple of those could be classified as garbage time TD's.

The offense looked better yesterday but yet there were at least a few times where Brock through into double coverage and he should have been picked at least once (long bomb into the end zone Dudzik would have picked easily). Ojuri needs to pick it up or Dinwiddie should be taking some of his carries. Line looked better at times, but needs to be more consistent. WR's are the most banged up but from the limited view on the tv looked to have the best game. Big thing should be though that Brock should be able to trust a few more guys to catch the ball after last night so he shouldn't need to lock in either Vraa or Smith solely.

Bisonwinagn
10-21-2012, 06:16 PM
People are talking way too much about Ojuiri when there hasn't been any holes to run through the past couple weeks most due to 8 and 9 man fronts. ISUb was able to play man to man coverage on our receivers which crippled the offense and USD couldn't.

southcliffbison
10-21-2012, 06:29 PM
People are talking way too much about Ojuiri when there hasn't been any holes to run through the past couple weeks most due to 8 and 9 man fronts. ISUb was able to play man to man coverage on our receivers which crippled the offense and USD couldn't.

Was Colville hurt in the first quarter? I noticed he didn't play much , if at all, after Zack Johnson was inserted at left guard.......... anyone know the skivvy about this.

NDSUstudent
10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Was Colville hurt in the first quarter? I noticed he didn't play much , if at all, after Zack Johnson was inserted at left guard.......... anyone know the skivvy about this.

I thought I heard he had a concussion.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Honestly we aren't going to know for sure until we play more good teams. Our 6 wins are against teams that have a combined 12 wins, and before yesterday 5 of those teams had 1 or less D1 wins. ISU has 6 wins by themselves.

I think if we can get as healthy as possible we should be fine. As has been the case with this team for the last year and a half, our defense is dominant. 6 TD's given up and at least a couple of those could be classified as garbage time TD's.

The offense looked better yesterday but yet there were at least a few times where Brock through into double coverage and he should have been picked at least once (long bomb into the end zone Dudzik would have picked easily). Ojuri needs to pick it up or Dinwiddie should be taking some of his carries. Line looked better at times, but needs to be more consistent. WR's are the most banged up but from the limited view on the tv looked to have the best game. Big thing should be though that Brock should be able to trust a few more guys to catch the ball after last night so he shouldn't need to lock in either Vraa or Smith solely.

If Smith is in the game, Brock is going to throw to him no matter how well he is covered. This is where he gets himself into trouble. Brock needs to realize that there are other receivers in the play that are oftentimes wide open. Hope he sees the field clearly against SIU, or else it will be a repeat of ISUb.

DjKyRo
10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Goes to show that good offenses can have bad days when you make mistakes that can be fixed by executing. NDSU is hardly the first team to realize this. That's football.

BisonNation11
10-22-2012, 01:06 AM

No, Ojuri needs to hit the hole today and not tomorrow. I hope Sammy and Crockett The Rocket paid attention to Dinwiddie and how he slammed into holes. I'm starting to get sick to my stomach watching Ojuri dance in the backfield. There's a time and place for that, not every run. Dinwiddie needs reps and he proved in limited time that he deserves them. Hit the hole hard and good things will happen.

Ross
10-22-2012, 03:10 AM
No, Ojuri needs to hit the hole today and not tomorrow. I hope Sammy and Crockett The Rocket paid attention to Dinwiddie and how he slammed into holes. I'm starting to get sick to my stomach watching Ojuri dance in the backfield. There's a time and place for that, not every run. Dinwiddie needs reps and he proved in limited time that he deserves them. Hit the hole hard and good things will happen.

This times infinity. Had a discussion with one of my buddies about this while at the game.

Herd
10-22-2012, 03:27 AM
I thought Ojuri played better Saturday, but I'm wondering why Dinwiddie isn't getting some carries with the #1s. If Crocket isn't 100%, hold him out and use Dinwiddie more along with Lang. Dinwiddie has proven his ability to hit the hole quickly and get yards. He looks like the guy we needed to get the running game going against ISU-b.