PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Valley Title Hunt

90 BISON
10-21-2012, 05:14 AM
Looks like a very interesting 4 way race at the end of another hectic week in the MVFC.

Youngstown State essentially eliminated themselves from contention with their loss today.

SDSU became the last unbeaten team in the conference after getting beaten by UNI.

Indiana State and Southern Illinois lead the way at 4-1 with SDSU and us a half game back at 3-1.

Indiana State's loss is to SDSU. SIU and NDSU both lost to Indiana State. SDSU lost to UNI

That Said Indiana State is in the drivers seat against either SIU or us. While SDSU has head to head against the Sycamores. The Missouri Valley promises to have quite the ride to the finish

90 BISON
10-21-2012, 05:16 AM
We need to win out and hope for another ISU blue loss to take the title outright.

b15on
10-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Indiana State
vs South Dakota
vs Illinois State
Open
at Youngstown State
Don't play Northern Iowa this year.

SDSU
vs Youngstown State
at Southern Illinois
at NDSU
vs South Dakota
Don't play Illinois State this year.

Southern Illinois
at NDSU
vs SDSU
Open
vs Western Illinois
Don't play South Dakota this year.

NDSU
vs Southern Illinois
at Missouri State
vs SDSU
at Illinois State
Don't play Western Illinois this year.

Tatanka
10-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Indiana State
vs South Dakota
vs Illinois State
Open
at Youngstown State
Don't play Northern Iowa this year.

SDSU
vs Youngstown State
at Southern Illinois
at NDSU
vs South Dakota
Don't play Illinois State this year.

Southern Illinois
at NDSU
vs SDSU
Open
vs Western Illinois
Don't play South Dakota this year.

NDSU
vs Southern Illinois
at Missouri State
vs SDSU
at Illinois State
Don't play Western Illinois this year.isu blue has a pretty favorable schedule all things considered... The Bison need to beat the stache this week... What a wild conference finish... This is what it's all about and why I like the Valley.

jimmyptubas
10-21-2012, 02:36 PM
I think it will come down to that game in Youngstown in Nov. The penguins may be out of contention for the conference title but they may still be vying for a spot in the playoffs. Depending on how this unfolds we could see 3 or 4 MVFC teams in the playoffs this year.

jimmyptubas
10-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Also, if we dont' get the conference auto bid, one would hope we could get seeded much like UNI did last year and at least host a game or 2....maybe even having a high seed lose to ensure us some games going through the FFD!

THEsocalledfan
10-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Also, if we dont' get the conference auto bid, one would hope we could get seeded much like UNI did last year and at least host a game or 2....maybe even having a high seed lose to ensure us some games going through the FFD!

If NDSU wins out, I am sure the road to Frisco then goes through Fargo.

Honeybooboo
10-21-2012, 03:15 PM

If we win out thereisno way in hell we don't get a top 4 seed

X-Factor
10-21-2012, 03:47 PM

Understand that no matter NDSU's record, rank, or conference standing, the Bison will always host at least one game at the Fargodome provided they are invited to the playoffs. There should be no question that this years team will be hosting multiple games and should be in the drivers seat for a top two seed. I'd personally love to meet 'ol screamer at the natty and give them the usual Bison playoff football welcome!

jimmyptubas
10-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Understand that no matter NDSU's record, rank, or conference standing, the Bison will always host at least one game at the Fargodome provided they are invited to the playoffs. There should be no question that this years team will be hosting multiple games and should be in the drivers seat for a top two seed. I'd personally love to meet 'ol screamer at the natty and give them the usual Bison playoff football welcome!

I just figured that if a team got the auto bid they would have to be seeded higher than another team from that conference that gets an at large but it appears this is just not the case. That makes me feel a little better but i still want to win it outright!

Bisonwinagn
10-21-2012, 05:59 PM
I just figured that if a team got the auto bid they would have to be seeded higher than another team from that conference that gets an at large but it appears this is just not the case. That makes me feel a little better but i still want to win it outright!

Seeds are based on overall record not conference record.

KTF
10-21-2012, 06:03 PM
how does GPI play into seedings?

NDSUstudent
10-21-2012, 06:08 PM

No impact whatsoever.

Bisonguy
10-21-2012, 06:09 PM

They might use it as a tool to help determine the top 5 teams in the field, but it's not directly used to determine the seeds. They take the autobids, and the top available at-large teams, and then rank the whole mess of them.

The GPI is only directly used to determine if the PFL gets a provisional autobid, and next year won't matter once the field expands and the PFL has an autobid.

KTF
10-21-2012, 06:16 PM
So if NDSU and ISU-B win out, ISU-B would win conference title? NDSU would be an at large bid, could NDSU gett seeded hgiher then ISU-B? Just trying to figure out what the playoff picture looks like. Wheres the screwed up TSN playoff projections tread? LOL!!!!

NDSUstudent
10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
So if NDSU and ISU-B win out, ISU-B would win conference title? NDSU would be an at large bid, could NDSU gett seeded hgiher then ISU-B? Just trying to figure out what the playoff picture looks like. Wheres the screwed up TSN playoff projections tread? LOL!!!!

Yes, it would be very likely for NDSU to be seeded higher.

Bisonguy
10-21-2012, 06:27 PM

Incorrect. Both NDSU and ISUb would win the conference title, but ISUb would win the conference autobid due to winning the head-to-head game. And yes, NDSU could get a higher seed or be seeded and ISUb may not be seeded.

ndsubison1
10-21-2012, 07:21 PM
If we win out thereisno way in hell we don't get a top 4 seed

Make that top 2 seed

roadwarrior
10-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Indiana State has a D-II win correct? That will come into play when the playoff teams are selected and seeded.

westnodak93bison
10-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Indiana State has a D-II win correct? That will come into play when the playoff teams are selected and seeded.

Yep. We just need to take care of business.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KC Bison
10-21-2012, 10:28 PM
The NCAA has a decision to make on how high they rank Easterm Washington. How many games do you think they want EWU to host when they only put 4,000 fans in that stands.

Bisonguy
10-21-2012, 10:32 PM
The NCAA has a decision to make on how high they rank Easterm Washington. How many games do you think they want EWU to host when they only put 4,000 fans in that stands.

In theory, it's the top 5 teams and facilities don't make a difference. In reality, there's a lot more to it like NDSU and UNI being seeded last year as a consolation to not getting an additional MVFC team in the bracket.

Professor Chaos
10-22-2012, 12:21 AM
It's looking more and more like the MVFC is going to only get two playoff teams again this year. Based on what's happening in the other power conferences I don't think 7-4 is going to get you an at large bid, even if all those are D1 wins and there's an FBS win sprinkled in there.

ISU Red: They've got @UNI, @ISUb, and NDSU left. They'll need to win at least two of those which I don't see happening.
ISU Blue: They've got USD, ISUr, and @YSU left. They'll need to win at least two of those which I do see happening.
SDSU: They've got YSU, @SIU, @NDSU, and USD left. They'll need to win at least 3 of those which I think is a very tall order.
SIU: They've got @NDSU, SDSU, and WIU left. They'll need to win all of those which I don't see happening.
YSU: They've got @SDSU, USD, @WIU, and ISUb left. They'll need to win all of those which is possible but very unlikely IMO.

The way I see it NDSU will be safely in and ISUb will finish at 8-3 (6-2) and be safely in. After that I think there's going to be a jumble at 7-4 with at least three in the group of ISUr, SDSU, SIU, and YSU being there any maybe even all four of them.