PDA

View Full Version : App St. vs. YSU

No_Skill
12-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm watching the game today and Appy is running all over YSU. I can't help thinking how our D this year would match up against them.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Well, one thing we established during the year was that they wouldn't be running on us. The Gophers came the closest to having a good ground game and they were only moderately successful. Appalachian State would need to go to the air if they wanted to win against our defense.

semobison
12-09-2006, 11:16 PM
The scary thing about App. State is their QB. He just went over 1000 yards rushing and has over 2000 yards passing. We didnt face anything like him this year. Our D was better than Youngstown's. Would have loved to have played the Mountineers!

Scooter
12-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Youngstown state looked really slow on defense. *And they didn't tackle well all night. *I thought that they would do better than this. *

Youngstown state loses a lot of players off this team. *I wonder how they will reload for next year? *Hopefully, a month from now SDSU and NDSU will get an invite to the Gateway.

On a side note... I don't want to speculate on how we would have done this year. I take the position of "We are excited about being playoff eligible after next year." I think it better that others outside of our fan base speculate for us. No matter how you phrase a "Well, our defense...." comment, it always seams to get interpreted as sour grapes by others. (even if it may be true)

Larz
12-10-2006, 02:39 AM
I agree Scooter, Posters on AGS are stating the Bison this and NDSU that without our solicitation. Others are respecting us in posts about play off possibilities etc, unsolicited which is very gratifying with out our posting or defending our season.

YSU
12-14-2006, 04:56 AM
IMO as a YSU student YSU lost the game when they went offsides on 4th down when it was 35-17.

Scooter
12-14-2006, 02:17 PM
IMO as a YSU student YSU lost the game when they went offsides on 4th down when it was 35-17.

IMO Youngstown lost the game when they decided not to tackle anyone for 4 quarters.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-14-2006, 02:22 PM
++++