PDA

View Full Version : It's official. NDSU vs. #1 Indiana

Bison03
10-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Well, the first poll is out and we will officially be playing the #1 team in the nation. To say it is the toughest team we have played in the history of NDSU basketball is an understatement. Suprisingly, NDSU's record against the top 25 is 2-1. Beating Wisconsin and Marquette, and losing to Kansas in the NCAA tournament.

USA Today Coaches Poll
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Indiana (21) 0-0 761
2 Louisville (5) 0-0 738
3 Kentucky (5) 0-0 718
4 Ohio State 0-0 617
5 Michigan 0-0 605
6 North Carolina State 0-0 581
7 Kansas 0-0 563
8 Duke 0-0 516
9 Syracuse 0-0 502
10 Florida 0-0 422
11 Arizona 0-0 411
12 North Carolina 0-0 401
13 UCLA 0-0 396
14 Michigan State 0-0 391
15 Creighton 0-0 325
16 Memphis 0-0 307
17 Missouri 0-0 289
18 Baylor 0-0 266
19 UNLV 0-0 203
20 San Diego State 0-0 196
21 Wisconsin 0-0 191
22 Gonzaga 0-0 166
23 Notre Dame 0-0 122
24 Florida State 0-0 61
24 Texas 0-0 61
Others receiving votes: Saint Louis 58, Virginia Commonwealth 40, Cincinnati 33, Murray State 30, Kansas State 13, Saint Mary's 11, New Mexico 10, Tennessee 10, Minnesota 9, Pittsburgh 9, Marquette 8, Stanford 7, Oklahoma State 6, Butler 6, Colorado State 4, Middle Tennessee 3, Saint Joseph's 2, Drexel 2, Georgia 2, Miami (FL) 2, Marshall 1

HoopsBison
10-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Indiana is loaded with talent, bringing back all their starters and had the #1 recruiting class.

BadlandsBison
10-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Indiana is loaded with talent, bringing back all their starters and had the #1 recruiting class.

So you're saying there's a chance

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

IndyBison
10-17-2012, 08:08 PM
So you're saying there's a chance

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Doubtful but I plan to be there to watch it! It will be their first game after a couple exhibitions so you never know how they will come out. Three years ago Syracuse earned a #1 seed in the tournament after losing an exhibition game to a D2 school. IU is loaded but I think the Bison will have a fun game at Assembly Hall. I'm looking forward to it.

2002jack
10-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Go out there and win this one for the Summit! Will try to do the same against the Goofers. I recognize our task is much easier than yours.

CAS4127
10-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Knock them off and it would be bigger story then NH over Michigan IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
10-17-2012, 09:39 PM
bison will have to play bjorklund and aaberg a lot at the same time with indiana having zeller and christian watford

ndsubison1
10-17-2012, 09:47 PM
weve beaten tom crean before lets do it again! :D

bisonfan08
10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
weve beaten tom crean before lets do it again! :D

Exactly! Hopefully Saul has his number. We are definitely bigger and more athletic than we have been in the past, but this is a big 10 team and no doubt the early favorite to win it all. Going out and competing with this level of talent and athleticism will be great for this team as it's something they have not yet experienced. If we can keep it close early it'll be fun to see how far this team has come to compete late in games. We started strong against Minnesota last year and fell apart at the end. Great test, should be a blast to watch and I think playing this game as early as we are in the season gives us the best chance to keep this close. Really missing having midnight madness to get an early look at the team, but guess we'll just have to wait for the exhibition games.

KSBisonFan
10-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Exactly! Hopefully Saul has his number. We are definitely bigger and more athletic than we have been in the past, but this is a big 10 team and no doubt the early favorite to win it all. Going out and competing with this level of talent and athleticism will be great for this team as it's something they have not yet experienced. If we can keep it close early it'll be fun to see how far this team has come to compete late in games. We started strong against Minnesota last year and fell apart at the end. Great test, should be a blast to watch and I think playing this game as early as we are in the season gives us the best chance to keep this close. Really missing having midnight madness to get an early look at the team, but guess we'll just have to wait for the exhibition games.

Why didn't the team have a midnight madness practice this year? Just curious.

bisonfan08
10-18-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't have a clue, I came here looking for info a couple weeks ago on when it was going to be and there really hasn't been much said about it. Kermit? Burgundy? Anybody have any idea why?

MNLonghorn10
10-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Go out there and win this one for the Summit! Will try to do the same against the Goofers. I recognize our task is much easier than yours.
nah. gophers are headin to the final four.

Hammerhead
10-18-2012, 03:30 PM
One of these things is not like the other.

Thu, Nov 01 Concordia Moorhead (Exhibition)
Sat, Nov 03 Minnesota State Moorhead (Exhibition)
Fri, Nov 09 Valley City State
Mon, Nov 12 Indiana
Sat, Nov 17 Mayville State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClGhto1vIg

bisonmike2
10-18-2012, 04:01 PM

Mon, Nov 12 Indiana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClGhto1vIg

That doesn't bode well for us. That's like playing your first game ever of Madden on rookie, deciding it was too easy then immediately going to HoF.. "Oh, hey that was easy. I just put up 40 points on the Bears. I think I'll just adjust this to Hall of Fame level to give me a little challenge."

DePereBisonFan
10-18-2012, 04:25 PM

Mon, Nov 12 Indiana

Yuck.

10 char

344Johnson
10-20-2012, 05:19 AM
That doesn't bode well for us. That's like playing your first game ever of Madden on rookie, deciding it was too easy then immediately going to HoF.. "Oh, hey that was easy. I just put up 40 points on the Bears. I think I'll just adjust this to Hall of Fame level to give me a little challenge."

Anyone who is anyone knows the hardest difficulty is All-Madden. Tard.

TransAmBison
10-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Anyone who is anyone knows the hardest difficulty is All-Madden. Tard.Didn't you have teh code? Hardest difficulty is All-Norris. Newb.

344Johnson
10-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Didn't you have teh code? Hardest difficulty is All-Norris. Newb.

C'mon Tab! Chuck Norris jokes were cool back when I was in middle school. Get with the times!

TransAmBison
10-20-2012, 03:00 PM
C'mon Tab! Chuck Norris jokes were cool back when I was in middle school. Get with the times!Come back when you start shaving. :D

North Side
11-01-2012, 04:47 AM
Best college basketball name ever. Can't wait til they announce his name lol. http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jurkin_peter00.html

DePereBisonFan
11-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Best college basketball name ever. Can't wait til they announce his name lol. http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jurkin_peter00.html

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Also, he has 25 siblings.

JSUBison
11-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Anybody else going to the game to watch the Bison make history and beat the #1 team in all of college basketball? 1 in a million chance is still a chance according to Lloyd Christmas. I got my tickets and am going. Not many tickets left. Bjorkland will go all Charles Barkley circa 1992 Olympics on that African Jurkin.

acf2
11-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Get your mind out of the gutter.

Also, he has 25 siblings.

Wow no kidding. How did he ever get from Sudan to North Carolina?

b15on
11-07-2012, 01:43 AM
NCAA: Two Indiana players must miss 9 games (including the Bison game)
Hanner Mosquera-Perea and Peter Jurkin

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8601441/ncaa-rules-two-indiana-hoosiers-players-miss-9-games

GRAFTONBISON
11-07-2012, 01:45 PM

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8601441/ncaa-rules-two-indiana-hoosiers-players-miss-9-games

Sorry if this has been discussed but how does the BTN.com work? Is it available to everyone? It is a pay per view service? Is it similar to ESPN3.com where your cable provider has to support it?

Thanks.

silkamilkamonico
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Big Ten Network I know is available on DirectTV, it's like number 620 or something. Not sure if it is contracted with other providers or not.

bisonfan08
11-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Big Ten Network I know is available on DirectTV, it's like number 620 or something. Not sure if it is contracted with other providers or not.

BTN is channel 610 on DirecTV and is available as long as you have choice plus or higher. It's not on MidCon or Cable One last I checked, not sure about Dish Network. They do stream live on BTN.com, but not sure if they will carry this game on it or not.

Saw this on ESPN this morning, a plus for us for them to lose a little size, but neither are starts and shouldn't affect the game too much. Read the story, kind of BS as far as I'm concerned this is taking it a little too far, both of the players qualified legally for assistance and a measely $185 donation 15 years ago makes someone a booster? The players would have been 3 or 4 years old when this guy donated that money, there's no way for them to know. 9 games seems really excessive for how it went down.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2012, 04:25 PM
BTN is channel 610 on DirecTV and is available as long as you have choice plus or higher. It's not on MidCon or Cable One last I checked, not sure about Dish Network. They do stream live on BTN.com, but not sure if they will carry this game on it or not.

LOL, they both have it and have had it for, at minimum, 2 years.

GRAFTONBISON
11-07-2012, 04:26 PM
According to GoBison the game on Monday is only on BTN.com, not the Big Ten Network. Or is this not correct?

The Gopher game is listed as being on the Big Ten Network.

bri-dog
11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
According to GoBison the game on Monday is only on BTN.com, not the Big Ten Network. Or is this not correct?

I believe a REPLAY of the game is on the Big Ten Network on Tuesday...

imabison
11-07-2012, 06:20 PM

I had not thought of that and will record it, however in last couple years I can record from BTN but not burn to DVD or at least football games
are copy protected. GGRRRR

imabison
11-08-2012, 12:01 AM

Just set up the computer to record the Replay of the game, its scheduled for 4 pm on Direct TV 610 on Tuesday 11/13/12. There must be a webcast on BTN.com on Monday.

North Side
11-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Just set up the computer to record the Replay of the game, its scheduled for 4 pm on Direct TV 610 on Tuesday 11/13/12. There must be a webcast on BTN.com on Monday.

Thanks for the info. I have direct TV and BTN so I will just watch a day later, Tuesday night. I am guessing webcast will not be free, but maybe on front row.

ndsubison1
11-08-2012, 05:28 AM
hopefully bwws or somebody shows the game

bisonsupporter
11-08-2012, 01:44 PM
hopefully bwws or somebody shows the game

If anybody finds a place that will carry the game, please post asap.

bisonfan08
11-08-2012, 01:59 PM
LOL, they both have it and have had it for, at minimum, 2 years.

Haha like I said, last I checked. I've had DirecTV for as long as I can remember so I usually only check if DirecTV doesn't have a channel. That being said I'm really not pleased if the gopher's game is going to be shown instead.

bisonfan08
11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Well I've looked everywhere possible and it appears that what has been said is as good as it is going to get, the game will be streamed live on btn.com and the replay is listed at 4PM on Big Ten Network on Tuesday. If I had to guess I would say the best bet for someone to carry the game it would be the Gastro Pub, I've watched a fair share of online streams there before, but I haven't called to verify it as I'll be watching it at home.

GRAFTONBISON
11-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Well I've looked everywhere possible and it appears that what has been said is as good as it is going to get, the game will be streamed live on btn.com and the replay is listed at 4PM on Big Ten Network on Tuesday. If I had to guess I would say the best bet for someone to carry the game it would be the Gastro Pub, I've watched a fair share of online streams there before, but I haven't called to verify it as I'll be watching it at home.

When going to BTN2Go.com, the only game listed for Monday is Central Michigan vs. Iowa. I have my doubts that our game will even be streamed live on BTN.com.

bisonsupporter
11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
espn.com under indiana's team schedule has CBS, ESPN, or BTN for every game except NDSU. NDSU is blank.

imabison
11-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Actually what I saw on the Big Ten Direct TV guide was Central Michigan vs Iowa not the Gopher game, however will not dispute that
there may be differences.

Also Big Ten Network actually has about 4 channels they can activate for viewing so they may just do that and not have it listed in the guides
as they all say Central Michigan vs Iowa

GRAFTONBISON
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Actually what I saw on the Big Ten Direct TV guide was Central Michigan vs Iowa not the Gopher game, however will not dispute that
there may be differences.

Also Big Ten Network actually has about 4 channels they can activate for viewing so they may just do that and not have it listed in the guides
as they all say Central Michigan vs Iowa

Sorry for the confusion, I meant our game vs. the Gophers later in the year was listed as being on the Big Ten Network. The Central Michigan vs. Iowa game in the only game I have seen listed for Monday as well. That goes for both the Big Ten Network and BTN2Go.com.

bisonsupporter
11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
LISTEN/WATCH: KFGO-AM 790 of Fargo will carry the Valley City State and Indiana games live with Scott Miller calling the play-by-play. Coverage begins 20 minutes before game time and continues with a 20-minute postgame show. Live stats and live audio streaming will be available on GoBison.com and the NDSU Bison mobile app for Android, iPhone and iPod Touch. Monday's game at Indiana will be video streamed live on BTN.com with Greg Murray calling the play-by-play.

per gobison.com

bisonsupporter
11-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I meant our game vs. the Gophers later in the year was listed as being on the Big Ten Network. The Central Michigan vs. Iowa game in the only game I have seen listed for Monday as well. That goes for both the Big Ten Network and BTN2Go.com.

Big Ten Digital Network lists the bison game on video.

GRAFTONBISON
11-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Big Ten Digital Network lists the bison game on video.

Nice find. I guess that answers my original question, it will take a subscription to watch it live.

Thanks.

Bison"FANatic"
11-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Hopufully the Sports Illustrated Cover Curse holds true as Zeller is The face of SI this week.

bruinbison
11-09-2012, 07:41 PM
hope this doesn't duplicate previous replies.....

"IU Athletics will be streaming three live men's basketball events during the 2012-13 season, beginning with Hoosier Hysteria and concluding with the Nov. 12 home game against North Dakota State. Those games can be viewed for a subscription fee on-line via the All-Access page on IUHoosiers.com. Hoosier Hysteria and the North Dakota State game will be BigTenNetwork.com productions, while the November 1 exhibition game vs. Indiana Wesleyan will be a live video stream synched with the radio broadcast from the IU Radio Network.

The monthly subscription fee is $9.95 and is on a 30-day cycle, but will automatically renew unless canceled by the user. If canceled anytime during the initial 30 days the entitlements will expire in 30 days. IU fans can purchase a yearly subscription for $79.95. Those who want to watch all Big Ten Network streams can subscribe to the Big Ten Digital Network for $14.95 or for an annual fee of $119.95. To see Hoosier Hysteria in October and the two games in November, IU fans will have to subscribe for both months."

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/101812aab.html

imabison
11-10-2012, 04:06 AM

Just tested my Direct Tv log on and works like a charm on BTN2GO.com. Might be able to capture the game from the web also.

Bisonwinagn
11-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Comcast is showing the game on BTN on Tues at 4pm....must be a replay but at least I can set the DVR.

DIBISON
11-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Injuries already? don't believe our backup point guard played against VC and did Aberg have any minutes?

1998braves64
11-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Injuries already? don't believe our backup point guard played against VC and did Aberg have any minutes?

Aaberg and Lindberg did not dress. Aaberg has had some back problems and believe lindberg had some sort of injury but don't think they were "serious" but obviously didn't need them for Valley City so probably did not have to risk making it worse.

Mr. Burgundy
11-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Aaberg's back is giving him problems, Vandenberg is playing again after a fight with mono, so hopefully he can get his legs under him. The key injury is the pesky knee that Joel Lindberg is fighting. Patellar Tendonitis. Same injury that Ben dealt with as a senior. Clearly he wasn't going to play against Valley City, not sure about Indiana. Joel has yet to show the fans what he can truly do, I have seen him absolutely dominate at many practices/scrimmages. I so want him to explode and show what he can be. it is more of a calmness that he brings, makes the open shot, gets the ball to the correct guy, and he is big. He can defend. He is an extra ball handler that we need. Tough kid who needs to have a big year for us, and had a great summer. With that being said, it is fun to see Brown as a Freshman take on the I AM A DEFENDER role and see Felt in amazing physical condition ready to really step up. Should be a fun game against Indiana tomorrow. It would be a huge confidence builder to hang with them. Great opportunity.

North Side
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Any predictions for this game?

Hopefully the Bison come out hot from 3 point range and take a small lead or stay close. That is the only way I see us being competitive. I don't see us pounding bodies down low or driving to the lay into those tall trees. If they don't hit 3's and are colder than Fargo in January it might be a long night.

ndsubison1
11-11-2012, 10:38 PM
87-62 iu...

MN_Moose
11-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Any predictions for this game?

142 IU - 21 ndsu

for real

tjbison
11-12-2012, 12:59 AM
142 IU - 21 ndsu

for real

Slow night on pussy nation?

Tatanka
11-12-2012, 12:59 AM
142 IU - 21 ndsu

for realhttp://i.ytimg.com/vi/skBm0JPQt3w/0.jpg
Why thank you, tinkle fairy!

BadlandsBison
11-12-2012, 02:35 AM
142 IU - 21 ndsu

for real

Really looking forward to basketball season this year, huh? :)

At least your Saturdays will be open in a couple weeks.

dragonsfan
11-12-2012, 03:08 AM
my boy tucker from msum via IOWA showed your boys what big ten body is like, so you should be prepared to beat indiana, good luck from across the river.

SlickVic
11-12-2012, 03:29 AM
would u bet money on ndsu +20 burgandy ?

IzzyFlexion
11-12-2012, 03:37 AM
142 IU - 21 ndsu

for real

get bent fuckstick

dragonsfan
11-12-2012, 03:39 AM
get bent fuckstick

this is probably the best comeback ive ever seen online.

IndyBison
11-12-2012, 03:49 AM
I will be there and hope to see the Bison give a good effort. Upsets in games like this early in the year are not out of the question but I would be really surprised. This is a team that has struggled to get where they are and they won't take anything for granted. Crean was the coach at Marquette when the Bison beat them a few years ago. I'm embarrassed to say I have lived in Indiana for almost 19 years and this will be my first game in Assembly Hall.

JSUBison
11-12-2012, 04:05 AM
If NDSU is to have any chance, it's to play slug ball. NDSU can not compete at Indiana's talent level, so they need to drag Indiana down to our level. Western Illinois with their horrible to watch, yet strangely effective style of ball almost pulled out a win at Michigan last year, losing by 4. I think this game will tell us more about Saul than any of our players.

NDSUBowler
11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
would u bet money on ndsu +20 burgandy ?
Ugh I don't like that line. I feel like +26-28 would be a lot better since once it gets to 20 or so, IU will likely test their depth which I feel is the only way NDSU is going to cover.

roadwarrior
11-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Three Forum articles today:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/380163/group/Sports/

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/380177/group/Sports/

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/380179/

Two of these were front page articles, along with a huge photo of the Bison practicing at Assembly Hall yesterday.

AjaxTheMighty
11-12-2012, 02:06 PM
If NDSU is to have any chance, it's to play slug ball. NDSU can not compete at Indiana's talent level, so they need to drag Indiana down to our level. Western Illinois with their horrible to watch, yet strangely effective style of ball almost pulled out a win at Michigan last year, losing by 4. I think this game will tell us more about Saul than any of our players.

I sort of agree with you, but on the other hand what more is there to know? He doesn't fight for his players and he plays favorites. It's a recipe for a complete debacle. Hopefully we get a D1 type of coach in someday soon.

Mr. Burgundy
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
+21.5 right now. getting closer to where we need that line to be. Probably moves higher as we near tip. Should be a great night/experience. Gotta play a perfect game and make a ton of shots to even have a chance. As the game goes on, and they start to believe, anything can happen. Must make shots, must avoid foul problems and someone has to have a career night. Personally, I think Felt has to make 5-7 three pointers, I think he can get free in transition as Indiana isn't an outstanding defensive team. Someone has to be great. Aaberg is going to play some minutes tonight with his bad back, so that should help the foul situation. Fully expect Indiana to pound the ball inside repeatedly and take advantage of their size. Should be fun.

devin45k
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
If anybody finds a place that will carry the game, please post asap.

Just go to Chub's and you will be fine

siouxdgj
11-12-2012, 05:42 PM
I will be there and hope to see the Bison give a good effort. Upsets in games like this early in the year are not out of the question but I would be really surprised. This is a team that has struggled to get where they are and they won't take anything for granted. Crean was the coach at Marquette when the Bison beat them a few years ago. I'm embarrassed to say I have lived in Indiana for almost 19 years and this will be my first game in Assembly Hall.

Good luck, Bison, against the Hoosiers. I agree, one can never tell this early in the season. Keeping it relatively close against the No. 1 team in the country would be a major undertaking in and of itself. The Hoosiers are legendary in the world of major college basketball. Again, best of luck to the Bison men tonight from a diehard Sioux fan.

bruinbison
11-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Indiana Hoosiers preview:

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111112aaa.html

No. 1/1 Hoosiers Take on North Dakota State in Progressive Legends Classic Monday
Indiana will play host to two games in the Progressive Legends Classic, starting with the Bison on Monday.

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111012aab.html

ndsubison1
11-12-2012, 08:47 PM
hoosier fans seem to know about us. a lot of them are saying we will test their biggest weakness, which is their perimeter defense. they know about braun and think we have good guards. they also know that we will be competing for the summit title.

b15on
11-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Bison PreGame Show at Indiana

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/11/12/bison-pregame-show-at-indiana/

bisonfan08
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
So we going to run a GDT on this game or just carry on on this thread? Just curious since for superstitious folk we are 1-0 when I've started one, even if it was good ol vcsu

SDbison
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Does anybody have video on firstrow.com yet?

GRAFTONBISON
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Showing unavailable for me.

Does anybody have video on firstrow.com yet?

b15on
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
It's up for me and looking very good!!!

CalBison97
Showing unavailable for me.

It's a go!!!!

NDSUBowler
up for me at this link

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/152759/2/watch-north-dakota-state-vs-1-indiana.html

SDbison
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
My video working now.......

CalBison97
11-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Yikes, we've had around 5 possessions and our bball offense looks like our football offense! :(

BisonTeacher
11-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Score? Im in a meeting.

NDSUBowler
11-12-2012, 11:08 PM
6-0 16m left

fargocyclone
11-12-2012, 11:08 PM
6-0 Indiana

HooliganBison
11-12-2012, 11:10 PM
up for me at this link

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/152759/2/watch-north-dakota-state-vs-1-indiana.html

Do i have to downlaod something for this to work?

Tatanka
11-12-2012, 11:10 PM
playing decent d so far but cant get anything to drop on the offensive side

fargocyclone
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM

Worked for me and I didn't have to download anything

NDSUBowler
11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Felt 3 and Braun drive layup to cut to 6-5

CalBison97
11-12-2012, 11:14 PM

There are some misleading ads, but you do not have to download anything.

CalBison97
11-12-2012, 11:15 PM
9-7 Indy <14 mins left in half

silkamilkamonico
11-12-2012, 11:19 PM
How he hell do u get video on first row? I have sound but i have these things for plugin. I thjnk ive downloaded every plug in on this page and still cant get it to work

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

silkamilkamonico
11-12-2012, 11:20 PM

Cant get it to work either

NDSUBowler
11-12-2012, 11:22 PM
I didn't download anything...I just closed all the ads (sometimes the x's are hard to find) and the game should appear.

If you have sound, I assume that is what the problem is. The plug-ins are misleading.

NDSUBowler
11-12-2012, 11:23 PM
NDSU down 18-11 with 10:20 left.

Indiana dominating the inside and our outside shots just aren't falling right now.

Tatanka
Cant get it to work either

Don't use Internet Explorer. Use Chrome or Firefox.

Don't click on any of the ads to download any plug-ins. they're all unnecessary.

Be patient. Mine took about 30-45 seconds to get a picture / sound. It's working fine although the resolution isn't great.

The_Herd
Use Link 2

silkamilkamonico
11-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Funny. I finally have video, but niw i dont have sound.

Tatanka
11-12-2012, 11:26 PM

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2What? Can't hear you.

CalBison97
11-12-2012, 11:28 PM

Listen to Scott Miller's call at gobison

NDSUBowler
11-12-2012, 11:28 PM

Sounds like the lesser of two evils.

GradBison
11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Go to full screen to avoid more pop ups.

CalBison97
11-12-2012, 11:31 PM
24-18 Indy <8 mins

silkamilkamonico
11-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Don't use Internet Explorer. Use Chrome or Firefox.

Don't click on any of the ads to download any plug-ins. they're all unnecessary.

Be patient. Mine took about 30-45 seconds to get a picture / sound. It's working fine although the resolution isn't great.

Thank you. Works! Much aporeciated

Bison03
11-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Scotty Miller just reported 17,472 in attendance. Wow!! That would be a sweet atmosphere.

CalBison97
11-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Taylor not having one of his better games.

Tatanka
11-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Getting out of hand. Bison down 14, 34-20 350 1h

HerdBot
11-12-2012, 11:40 PM
3:47 in half trail 20-34 shooting 2 free throws commerical

tcbison
11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Announcers said maybe Coach Phillips will change up the defense. That is not going to happen.

HerdBot
11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
felt 3 36-25 down 11
make that down 13
zeller owns us
38-25
now alexander to shoot 2
2:34 left in the half
misses free throw
fast break now down 15
down 13 shooting 2 free throws 1:54 bjorkland shooting 2 hits first down 12
zeller out fouls
hits 2nd down 11 (40-27)
turnover IU
bjorkland misses rebound IU
bjorkland rebound minute left
braun misses
down 13, 47 sec left iu ball
iu scores up 15
taylor braun 3 at the buzzer halftime
bison down by 12
checking to see if it's a 2 or 3, as of now says it's a 3

heckler
11-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Announcers said maybe Coach Phillips will change up the defense. That is not going to happen.

One trick pony.

CalBison97
11-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Sure love our green unis!

CalBison97
11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Big shot by Braun at buzzer 42-29 Indy at half.

HoopsBison
11-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Not a bad half considering how LA and Braun played and how poor we have shot. Hope we can keep semi close and continue to compete.

That Zeller kid is a freak, just total match up nightmare...

Bison03
11-12-2012, 11:54 PM
42-29 Indiana at the half. Sounds like we have missed a lot of layups. Not to shabby for playing the #1 team in the nation. The key will be to limit their positions. If we can start making more shots and not give them fast break points, we have a shot at keeping it respectable. If we can end within 15, I will be impressed.

HerdBot
11-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Bison Media Blog has a nice live game chat

Hansel
11-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Sounds like we have missed a lot of layups.

This ^^^^^^^^

Thunder_Struck
11-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Who would have ever thought you'd see a kid from Rothsay throwing down a dunk @ Assembly Hall!

Now just make our layups. Braun not scoring, but he did a great job on the defensive boards.

HerdBot
11-13-2012, 12:11 AM
indiana leads 1632 46-35 bison with ball
felt 3 down 10

Wally
11-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Ugh. Got ugly in a hurry.

fbmind
11-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Taylor Braun is good player...but tonight he is just plain awful. Missing layups, turning the ball over, not boxing out...really hurting the team.

CalBison97
11-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Taylor Braun is good player...but tonight he is just plain awful. Missing layups, turning the ball over, not boxing out...really hurting the team.

Went from a missed bunny layup to cut to 7 to now down 18...

HerdBot
11-13-2012, 12:23 AM
IU is too good in transition down 56-40 1245 left
foul indiana shooting 2
makes 1/2 41-56
zeller 2 58-41
bison 2 58-43
60-43
la blocked
3 pointer iu
63-43
la hut his ankle
i think the game is officially over now it's about keeping it close can't compete

westriver bison
11-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Indiana bigger, faster and stronger at every spot. Just what you would expect. Bison not giving up, just what you would expect.

HerdBot
11-13-2012, 12:29 AM
finally score brown down 18
bjork reboubd
turnover ison
63-45
another 3 66-45 getting killed
zastrow three 66-48
another three for iu 69-48 cant even keep up
creap now braun is hurt looks like were losing our best 2 players thi9s sucks bad
71-50

HerdBot
11-13-2012, 12:33 AM
braun and alexender both hurt this sucks
71-52
alexander back in
7:31 left

now just hope we can keep the score respectable , hoping 10 point loss

Tatanka
11-13-2012, 12:38 AM
totally out of hand now. IU scoring at will.

westriver bison
11-13-2012, 12:39 AM
now just hope we can keep the score respectable , hoping 10 point loss

Indiana needs to get some inter mural players in for that to happen

phxbison
11-13-2012, 12:44 AM
totally out of hand now. IU scoring at will.Score, time remaining ?

HerdBot
11-13-2012, 12:44 AM
356 left
77-55 IU

BisonAccountant44
11-13-2012, 12:45 AM
55-77 3:54 to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HerdBot
11-13-2012, 12:49 AM
sick of hearing sheeheez name he is owning whoever he is guarding mega defense
braun is back in 1st basket in 2nd half
his 3
of course they anser
82-58 245 left
turnover bison wow
they could beat us doing whatever they want fast break half court dumping it off to their big guy
84-58
felt airball three
150 left
another miss
iu a three point play 87-58
87-61
obviously we werent going to win but we are a junior dominated team. terrible loss. not a good effort. looked scared. in the first half they were scared to drive to the basket. In the 2nd half they did and they were blocked every time. the fab 4 never looked scared
we have no go to guy. Braun finished with 6 points. If our #1 guy can only score 6...

CaBisonFan
11-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Indiana is just that good...and we're just not very good.

jacks1
11-13-2012, 12:52 AM

Huh?

10 char

b15on
11-13-2012, 12:54 AM
87-61 Final. Indiana wins.

NDSUstudent
We had no chance, Lindberg needs to get healthy quick. LA didn't have a great game, Bjorklund played well.

BisonAccountant44
IU running the clock out final will be 87-61.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HerdBot
11-13-2012, 12:59 AM
We had no chance, Lindberg needs to get healthy quick. LA didn't have a great game, Bjorklund played well.
braun was a non factor with 6 points

NDSUstudent
11-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Huh?

10 char

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone could say that based on one game vs the #1 team in the country at their house. We'll get a good idea of where the team is at when we play YSU, Duquense and James Madison back to back to back.

BisonTeacher
11-13-2012, 01:05 AM
I only saw a few parts of this game...saw the go inside to bjorklund twice. Saw some picks and jumpshots off those picks. Is this a representative sample of the offense tonight? Analysis from someone who watched the whole thing would be great.

MNLonghorn10
11-13-2012, 01:23 AM
well only lost each half by 13.

not bad going up against #1 in the entire country.

MNLonghorn10
11-13-2012, 01:24 AM
what do you mean..you thought ndsu would make it a good game?

Tatanka
11-13-2012, 01:28 AM
I would wager Braun is going to draw the other team's best defender. Every game. Until someone else puts up big points.

silkamilkamonico
11-13-2012, 01:29 AM
obviously we werent going to win but we are a junior dominated team. terrible loss. not a good effort. looked scared. in the first half they were scared to drive to the basket. In the 2nd half they did and they were blocked every time. the fab 4 never looked scared
we have no go to guy. Braun finished with 6 points. If our #1 guy can only score 6...

Could have been better, could have been alot worse.

To put this loss into perspective, they will be doing this exact same beating to planty of teams in the Big 10 throughout the year as well.

HerdBot
11-13-2012, 01:33 AM
I only saw a few parts of this game...saw the go inside to bjorklund twice. Saw some picks and jumpshots off those picks. Is this a representative sample of the offense tonight? Analysis from someone who watched the whole thing would be great.

It's like trying to describe Custer except we didn't have the confidence of custer. It reminded me of the Moorhead state game. No free throws in the first half. Just jump shots. Travon Wright shooting threes. Then in the 2nd half we went to the basket more but we just missed all the shots or they were blocked.

First half they went to their big guy and he was fouled and made free throws at will. He had more free throw attempts than our entire team had. We were scared to go inside so we settled for long jump shots. They wouldn't let braun shoot the 3. We slowed the game down more in the first half. 2nd half they just ran and killed us. We tried to go inside but it didn't work. The only player who looked like he belonged was Bjorkland.

whats scarey is we actually shot 40% and we still got smoked. Rebounding was like comparing an NBA team to a college team. IU could have beaten us at however they wanted to.

CAS4127
11-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Whatever you guys do, please don't justify this or somehow make it a moral victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silkamilkamonico
11-13-2012, 01:41 AM
We don't do moral victory's here at NDSU.

HoopsBison
11-13-2012, 01:45 AM
My thoughts,

1) Tough to keep it close let alone win when our two best players played as poorly as they did.

2) We shot poorly and missed a lot of close looks around the hoop.

3) Marshall looked good and held his own.

4) They made a lot of threes on us and that was aproblem last year, lets not forget they have this kid name Zeller who opens those shots up.

5) Agreed we need Lindberg to get healthy. Need a guy who can stay calm and control the ball, way to many out of control TO's tonight.

6) Tray shoot less threes please.

Overall its about what I expected. Indiana is that good. Hopefully this helps our guys grow, they played the best tonight. It wont get much easier for us now, we get Youngstown State who just beat Georgia, Duquense who lost by 6 to Georgetown and James Madison.

heckler
11-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Saul moral victoried the shit out of it. Plus we made an ESPN recap <-- awesome

Burnt_Secondary
11-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Well they were #1 in the nation. Saul has only one more chance for a signature win on this years schedule.

Minnesota on December 11th.

Seeing how Saul is a great X's and O's guy I'm sure we will be right in that one.

I think we have talent on this team but I don't think he knows how to use it. Just my opinion . . . prove me wrong, Saul prove me wrong.

Saul's response, "another game of man to man with a no pick, get lost in the wash run in circles motion offense." God forbid we ever play a team that does a high pick and roll.

westnodak93bison
11-13-2012, 02:53 AM
Saul moral victoried the shit out of it. Plus we made an ESPN recap <-- awesome

One thing a guy has to respect about Bohl and Miles, they get guys to believe. I haven't seen that from Saul since the KS game thus no "signature" wins. The moral victory talk is BS and Gene should ban it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bruinbison
11-13-2012, 03:06 AM
ESPN's write-up of the game

-Zeller, No. 1 Indiana able to shake pesky NDSU

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=323170084

I quit counting after 6 on the missed lay-ups. I would have enjoyed seeing if IU would have
started feeling, shall I say, less comfortable out there, if some of those had been made.
They are a heckuva team, so they may have kept on with what they were doing.
Zeller's a match-up nightmare - Treyvon did not keep up with him on one fast break later in 2nd half (he may have been pulled after that play though). Hull is an outside to Zeller's inside - heck, Zeller can go outside too.

This game reminded me of some of some of the Williams Arena action I remember (not last year's game). The guys (especially the Minnesotans in those games) want so badly to do well, but going up against #1 in this case (and Zeller's presence) takes them some getting used to.....

JSUBison
11-13-2012, 03:26 AM
Just got back to the hotel from the game. Had to wind down a bit. #1 team or not, I was not in a good mood after that game, but now I'll try look at some good things. And no, this is not a moral victory post, just recognizing some positives.

Bisonbohl pretty much hit the nail on the head in his post. Good point on Tray and the 3pt shot, I think I'll start calling him "Antoine Walker" The success of Bjorkland was something I thought could happen, and I hope this is a sign of things to come. Kory Brown played a good game for someone so young. He didn't have an easy job tonight, but did better than I thought. Could he develop into the player we thought Trayvonn would become? LA had a rough night. Didn't shoot well, but with how well they were covering everyone, can't really blame him. Hack-a-Shaq was working somewhat in the first half, but the shots just weren't dropping for NDSU early when we could have used the confidence and momentum. When things started to speed up mid second half, Bison players started gripping a bit too hard and trying to do too much on one possession. Disappointed in the travelings and a few other things as well. I think this team will do well in Pittsburgh. Seems like in tourney's they always do.

1998braves64
11-13-2012, 03:31 AM
I wouldn't say there is any moral victory in this game. They got beat decently by what I would consider to be a great team this year. They controlled the Bison the entire time. NDSU had a few opportunities in the first half to make it an interesting game but kept either missing shots, traveling or throwing it away when those opportunities presented themselves. It wasn't a terrible game by NDSU by any means have seen worse but if you're going to step up and give Indiana a run for their money they would of had to play a great game. They only played maybe could be considered "good" didn't look at final stats. The only win is they know how they have to play if they want to beat a team of that caliber in the NCAAs if they end up with the Summit Championship.

IndyBison
11-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Great effort but it felt like IU could do what they wanted when they wanted. Even if some of those early shots had gone in IU would have stepped it up. Braun and LA seemed to be trying to hard at times. Heard great comments from several IU fans.

Post-game radio comment was the Bison were technically solid but didn't play with passion. The other guy said "they are from North Dakota so they live at a different pace." Kind of a shot but I don't think he meant anything too negative.

Glad I was able to go. Bison look to have a solid team and hopefully grow from this experience.

norm4life
11-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Yeah, Indiana is #1, but I'm still frustrated about our team. I really hate Trayvonn shooting jump shots, LA seems like he should be better at jump shots and free throws than he is. Seems like we are just lacking on outside shooters (except Felt). I get that we try to recruit more "athetic" players, but they just can't seem to put the ball in the hole at a high percentage. I'm looking at you too, Braun. Also, way too many traveling calls. I think of someone like Winkelman, undersized for the position and maybe less 'athletic", but you had to respect his jump shot that he shot so well, so it opened up the middle more, or gave him an opportunity to get around his defender, draw a foul and get to line (and make at a high percentage). I don't think we have enough of that on our team. With some legit jump shooters, it opens the middle, and those interior passing lanes and cutting for getting easy buckets. I wouldn't build a team of just 3pt shooters, but we need legit shooters to make that 16 ft jump shot to open things up.

North Side
11-13-2012, 04:14 AM
that sucked.... but whatever lets win the Summit and I will forget all about this game... Braun did not show up at all same with LA but man did MB and Felt play good

IndyBison
11-13-2012, 04:53 AM
I forgot to mention John Mellencamp was in the house. He's a huge supporter of IU athletics and I guess attends every game. He has a seat near the entrance where I comes on to the court. I noticed him there as late as the under 4 media time out.

Burnt_Secondary
11-13-2012, 05:19 AM
Yeah, Indiana is #1, but I'm still frustrated about our team. I really hate Trayvonn shooting jump shots, LA seems like he should be better at jump shots and free throws than he is. Seems like we are just lacking on outside shooters (except Felt). I get that we try to recruit more "athetic" players, but they just can't seem to put the ball in the hole at a high percentage. I'm looking at you too, Braun. Also, way too many traveling calls. I think of someone like Winkelman, undersized for the position and maybe less 'athletic", but you had to respect his jump shot that he shot so well, so it opened up the middle more, or gave him an opportunity to get around his defender, draw a foul and get to line (and make at a high percentage). I don't think we have enough of that on our team. With some legit jump shooters, it opens the middle, and those interior passing lanes and cutting for getting easy buckets. I wouldn't build a team of just 3pt shooters, but we need legit shooters to make that 16 ft jump shot to open things up.

This ^^^^^^^^^ I'm suprised we are still running around with only one shooter. I'm was kind of expecting these guys to develop some outside shooting but it's now nearly 4 years in the program for our core and we still only have Felt . . . who had a shot to begin with . . . it's a huge reason we haven't been as successful as we hoped.

Bison03
11-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Holy crap people, this wasn't mayville state; it was the #1 team in the nation!!! Are there still things that you can pull from this game? Sure. But excecution against a team that has you overmatched is tough. I think we learn from playing a tough opponent and move on, knowing there won't be a team that tough on the schedule the rest of the year.

NDSUstudent
11-13-2012, 05:29 AM
Braun's shot has improved quite a bit, honestly I'd like to see him be more assertive and shoot more. The guy only shot 45% last year from three.

NDSUBowler
11-13-2012, 05:55 AM
We didn't even cover the spread :(

Added bonus for me...I said +26-28 would be a good line! *pats self on back*

ndsubison1
11-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Well they were #1 in the nation. Saul has only one more chance for a signature win on this years schedule.

Minnesota on December 11th.

Seeing how Saul is a great X's and O's guy I'm sure we will be right in that one.

I think we have talent on this team but I don't think he knows how to use it. Just my opinion . . . prove me wrong, Saul prove me wrong.

Saul's response, "another game of man to man with a no pick, get lost in the wash run in circles motion offense." God forbid we ever play a team that does a high pick and roll.

saul still has this season to prove us wrong imo. just one game. 1st real game of the year vs. number one team. i was expecting us to lose by around 25 but was hoping it would be less than 15. i hate moral victories but if we kept it close you bet i would be happy. unfortunately, we didnt play that well for the most part. a lot of costly mistakes, missed layups (tough with a 7 footer altering shots). i did think our defense had some moments though and looked pretty competitive. this game will help us in the long run

ndsubison1
11-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Just got back to the hotel from the game. Had to wind down a bit. #1 team or not, I was not in a good mood after that game, but now I'll try look at some good things. And no, this is not a moral victory post, just recognizing some positives.

Bisonbohl pretty much hit the nail on the head in his post. Good point on Tray and the 3pt shot, I think I'll start calling him "Antoine Walker" The success of Bjorkland was something I thought could happen, and I hope this is a sign of things to come. Kory Brown played a good game for someone so young. He didn't have an easy job tonight, but did better than I thought. Could he develop into the player we thought Trayvonn would become? LA had a rough night. Didn't shoot well, but with how well they were covering everyone, can't really blame him. Hack-a-Shaq was working somewhat in the first half, but the shots just weren't dropping for NDSU early when we could have used the confidence and momentum. When things started to speed up mid second half, Bison players started gripping a bit too hard and trying to do too much on one possession. Disappointed in the travelings and a few other things as well. I think this team will do well in Pittsburgh. Seems like in tourney's they always do.

as soon we started out struggling right away i thought saul should have brought in felt sooner. also thought he should have started him for the 2nd half. we needed some instant offense

ndsubison1
11-13-2012, 09:45 AM

the fans on the hoosier board think we have a decent team and tested their perimeter defense pretty well. we did shoot 40% from 3 and got some good looks. have some things to work on both sides of the court though. when braun and LA get going and mix it in with a good performance with bjorklund we can be a very dangerous team

magiccitybisonguy
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Wow, I'm just a lurker here, and live in Minot so don't get to see the Bison play in person very often. so maybe I'm lost but here's my take of this thread so far...

1. We lost and Saul still doesn't have a signature win. To have had any delusions of this game setting up to be a 'signature win' seemed a little weird. This is not beating Wisconsin for Miles....this is not beating the Montana/Gophers/CSU/Kansas for Bohl......this would've been Bohl beating Alabama or Oregon.....or Miles beating Duke or Kentucky...... Now, does Saul not have/need a signature win? That's probably true and discussion is warranted, but nobody thought this would be it, did they?
2. We are big bad NDSU. We don't do moral victories around here. I get it. We've arrived. Whatever. Call me a fan at heart, but the fact the we even got to play Indiana seems like we've arrived. Am I the only one who thinks this was a great opportunity for our team? I just think it's cool that we got to play the Indiana freaking Hoosiers.
3. So you're telling me that Indiana University has bigger, stronger, faster, players than NDSU? (schocked face) We didn't matchup well with them? you don't say....

I was kind of excited to check out Bisonville today to read what everyone thought about the game. I listened to much of the IU play by play on XM last night. I thought we'd be all cyber high 5-ing today saying that we looked/sounded like we belonged a little bit, could hang with the big boys a little bit. Instead I read 17 pages of 'we aren't a very good team'.....'what's Saul going to do to screw up the season'.....our studs got outplayed by their studs......why didn't the bison execute 'x' and 'y' better?.....

Dang, guess I'll just stay in my little dream world myself where i think it's fun to watch some highlights of NDSU getting the opportunity to play the #1 team in the country and think how cool that is.

IU saw us like we see Mayville State.....you could hear it in the play by play guy's voice....this was a complete tune-up for them....

I am excited for this year's Bison team. I think they can compete in the Summit. I like what Saul said on the Bison Media Blog a couple of weeks back when he said it's the goal of any mid major team to feel like they are able to compete for their conference title every year. I am hoping we've seen the Bison get to that point.

Happy Tuesday.

bisonfan08
11-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Wow, I'm just a lurker here, and live in Minot so don't get to see the Bison play in person very often. so maybe I'm lost but here's my take of this thread so far...

1. We lost and Saul still doesn't have a signature win. To have had any delusions of this game setting up to be a 'signature win' seemed a little weird. This is not beating Wisconsin for Miles....this is not beating the Montana/Gophers/CSU/Kansas for Bohl......this would've been Bohl beating Alabama or Oregon.....or Miles beating Duke or Kentucky...... Now, does Saul not have/need a signature win? That's probably true and discussion is warranted, but nobody thought this would be it, did they?
2. We are big bad NDSU. We don't do moral victories around here. I get it. We've arrived. Whatever. Call me a fan at heart, but the fact the we even got to play Indiana seems like we've arrived. Am I the only one who thinks this was a great opportunity for our team? I just think it's cool that we got to play the Indiana freaking Hoosiers.
3. So you're telling me that Indiana University has bigger, stronger, faster, players than NDSU? (schocked face) We didn't matchup well with them? you don't say....

I was kind of excited to check out Bisonville today to read what everyone thought about the game. I listened to much of the IU play by play on XM last night. I thought we'd be all cyber high 5-ing today saying that we looked/sounded like we belonged a little bit, could hang with the big boys a little bit. Instead I read 17 pages of 'we aren't a very good team'.....'what's Saul going to do to screw up the season'.....our studs got outplayed by their studs......why didn't the bison execute 'x' and 'y' better?.....

Dang, guess I'll just stay in my little dream world myself where i think it's fun to watch some highlights of NDSU getting the opportunity to play the #1 team in the country and think how cool that is.

IU saw us like we see Mayville State.....you could hear it in the play by play guy's voice....this was a complete tune-up for them....

I am excited for this year's Bison team. I think they can compete in the Summit. I like what Saul said on the Bison Media Blog a couple of weeks back when he said it's the goal of any mid major team to feel like they are able to compete for their conference title every year. I am hoping we've seen the Bison get to that point.

Happy Tuesday.

I agree with a few things here, this was not set up to be a "signature win" for Saul. This was an opportunity to make a historical mark on NDSU history and a great opportunity for our team, we got to play the #1 TEAM IN THE NATION. It was a great experience no doubt. The feeling on here however is that the things we saw in this game are the same things we've seen over the last few seasons that have led to us not being on the level our team could be. Poorly run offense which leads to our star players trying to do too much which leads to bad shots and turnovers. We didn't get to the free throw line enough and after a good start of making Indiana play at our pace it got out of hand and they went on a run. Some of this obviously stems from the fact that Indiana has the most talented roster in the country and we aren't going to be able to execute the way we'd like to because they are disruptive, but the offense by design was just not effective enough to win or keep this game close and that's the complaint on Saul. These players need a fire lit underneath them, they were playing the best team in the country and while I was watching on a shitty internet stream and it could've been hard to tell I didn't see the passion that players should have in a game like that. It's just hard to explain, but in a game like this the player I saw the most desire out of was a freshman (Kory Brown) and I don't know how that happens.

That being said we got called "pesky" on ESPN and we stayed a lot closer than a lot of Indiana opponents will this season and we put on a respectable performance, hopefully we can go get ourselves some wins against some quality competition next week and maybe get this season started on a strong point.

BisonJD
11-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Lots of good reaction and good to see many people weighing in Bison basketball. I agree with an earlier poster who said the Bison played a "good game" not a great game, but a good game. We hung around and kept it respectable. The problem is, I think this game demonstrated the ceiling of this team. Sure we are capable of playing better, capable of competing with power schools, and capable of winning the Summit. However, even if we do manage to win the Summit, we're going to get an IU/KU/UK/UNC type team in the first round. After this game, we know how that will play out. It's hard to get excited about the team when you have an idea how things are going to end. That's the difference between this team and the 2008-09 team. Walking into the Metrodome against KU, I expected to win that game - don't think I will be able to say that this year after watching this game (if we are good enough to get that point).

80ALUM
11-13-2012, 03:23 PM
The AP article said we went "toe-to-toe" with them.:hide:

bisonsupporter
11-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Would a Gopher win this year be Saul's signature win? Or would beating SDSU twice be better?

bisonfan08
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Gopher win would be a great win for our program, but it means more for our season if we would beat SDSU twice no doubt. The OOC game with Minnesota really means nothing other than improving RPI and pride, seeding for the Summit League tourney and proving that we can win the league this year would be way better. I think we got a boost this season against them as I believe Kory Brown will defend Wolters better than Hale did last year, should be fun!

EndZoneQB
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Would a Gopher win this year be Saul's signature win? Or would beating SDSU twice be better?

Why do we have to choose?

goldenshower
11-13-2012, 04:10 PM

Pretty sure ndsu beating any big ten school would be a signature win for Saul. If I was a bison fan I don't think I would be excited for the gopher game this year, tubbys boys don't play at tcf where ndsu has their success;)

bisonsupporter
11-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Pretty sure ndsu beating any big ten school would be a signature win for Saul. If I was a bison fan I don't think I would be excited for the gopher game this year, tubbys boys don't play at tcf where ndsu has their success;)

Outdoor game? :)

My thoughts is that SDSU is a bigger than a Gopher game. Reason for that is the Bison are not going to be a NCAA bubble team. The only way we get to dance is to win the Summitt. I am not confident that we will ever be a NCAA bubble team. Its the Summitt or bust.

tcbison
11-13-2012, 08:14 PM
I think the biggest thing I saw last night was Marshall Bjorklund needs to get the ball a lot more than he does. I wasn't upset with the loss because it was about what I expected. I would love to see the Bison defense get better and rebound better. For all the articles and talk of how NDSU plays like Wisconsin I just don't see it on the defensive end.

ndsubison1
11-13-2012, 08:59 PM

i would prefer to beat sdsu twice. but also a third time in sioux falls

Bison03
11-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Replay of the game on Big Ten Network right now.

imabison
11-14-2012, 01:51 AM
Replay of the game on Big Ten Network right now.
Yup I have it tested burning confirmed it's copy protected.

BisonTeacher
11-14-2012, 02:49 AM

How about the dome then? :-) Theres been a few bball games there.

NewbombTurk
11-14-2012, 04:05 AM
Sounds like great "exposure"...rubes.

goldenshower
11-14-2012, 04:03 PM
How about the dome then? :-) Theres been a few bball games there.

If you meant metrodome-not enough interest

If you meant fargodome I'm 100% against it. No offense to nd, but I don't want to give the Dakota's a huge money game. Nd is a terrible bball recruiting area so I don't see anything positive to come out of the game for the U. And creeping on your bball forum it's obvious bball is barely on the radar of your fanbase and marketing team. Only time I would be for playing in Fargo, ndsu would need to be a top 25 team.

bisonsupporter
11-14-2012, 04:23 PM

If you meant fargodome I'm 100% against it. No offense to nd, but I don't want to give the Dakota's a huge money game. Nd is a terrible bball recruiting area so I don't see anything positive to come out of the game for the U. And creeping on your bball forum it's obvious bball is barely on the radar of your fanbase and marketing team. Only time I would be for playing in Fargo, ndsu would need to be a top 25 team.

Pet Peeve- You are not the U. The U is University of Miami, not the crappy University of Minnesota.

goldenshower
11-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Pet Peeve- You are not the U. The U is University of Miami, not the crappy University of Minnesota.

Yes we are the U we are the U of Minnesota. Just like in Michigan-they are the U, etc pet peeve is ppl telling others how to think!

344Johnson
11-14-2012, 04:34 PM

You don't want a local "mid-major" if you can call NDSU that to be successful? NDSU is probably never going to be consistently better than Minnesota at basketball. I know you probably aren't afraid, but it comes across as you feeling threatened about giving a Dakota school a money game. We go there to play every season. I don't see anything bad about playing one in Fargo from time to time. Basketball becomes a bit more relevant after football season is done. If the team is good, people will come. Whenever the BSA gets remodeled, people will come to check it out.

devin45k
11-14-2012, 04:40 PM
You don't want a local "mid-major" if you can call NDSU that to be successful? NDSU is probably never going to be consistently better than Minnesota at basketball. I know you probably aren't afraid, but it comes across as you feeling threatened about giving a Dakota school a money game. We go there to play every season. I don't see anything bad about playing one in Fargo from time to time. Basketball becomes a bit more relevant after football season is done. If the team is good, people will come. Whenever the BSA gets remodeled, people will come to check it out.

I am sure marketing and attendance will pick up once we have the new basketball arena done. Hard to get legit TV time and probably hard to market our current BSA.

goldenshower
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM

In Fargo is a guarantee there will be no broadcast of the game. Minnesota doesn't need/have to play ndsu and vice versa. Minny will get 5k-7k every time ndsu or sdsu come to the barn plus the big ten network/student U will have a tv feed. Ndsu can't offer that. Nd is not A recruiting hot bed or a bed at all for bball and because of hockey the U is hated in north western minnesota. Which is a much different vibe than minny because ndsu is t hated at all, just lakesbison and his dbag antics;) so basically ndsu fans want Minnesota to come to Fargo, give ndsu a sell out at the dome, it won't build a gopher following in Sioux hockey country, no tv, no help in recruiting, and no money...not sure i missed any others. Seems like a one sided benefit to me.

goldenshower
11-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Personally I would think ndsu fans would want to play in mpls instead of Fargo because of the broadcasting. More likely to be seen or heard at Minnesota compared to playing at home which I can understand could be frustrating for the fanbase because its always cool when a bigger program comes to your hometown

CaBisonFan
11-15-2012, 03:24 AM
Personally I would think ndsu fans would want to play in mpls instead of Fargo because of the broadcasting. More likely to be seen or heard at Minnesota compared to playing at home which I can understand could be frustrating for the fanbase because its always cool when a bigger program comes to your hometown

...like Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State. That's gotta be a thrill for Minnesota fans.

goldenshower
11-15-2012, 05:07 AM
...like Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State. That's gotta be a thrill for Minnesota fans.

Don't forget Purdue, Iowa, northwestern, Illinois, penn st, Nebraska, wisky, I can't wait! We should be in that 4-5 spot this year and have a nice seeding for the NCAA.

I get what you were trying to do, it was a cute attempt. Stick to playing your flute And posting videos of the bison dominating in the 80's

GRAFTONBISON
11-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Don't forget Purdue, Iowa, northwestern, Illinois, penn st, Nebraska, wisky, I can't wait! We should be in that 4-5 spot this year and have a nice seeding for the NCAA.

I get what you were trying to do, it was a cute attempt. Stick to playing your flute And posting videos of the bison dominating in the 80's

Gosh, with all those power houses to worry about, one would think you would be trolling on one of their boards.

But alas, here you are? Clearly NDSU means nothing to you.

NDSUstudent
11-16-2012, 12:51 AM
I see that Indiana is completely dominating ORU's new conference rival Sam Houston State 91-42.

UPDATE: Final score 99-45.

HoopsBison
11-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Indiana is so freaking good. I know its just SHSU but they are impressive.

NDSUstudent
11-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Yep that was a clinic the Hoosiers put on. Can't wait to see Indiana play UNC and Georgetown over the next few weeks.

NDSUstudent
11-28-2012, 03:02 AM
Indiana is just destroying the Heels right now...66-40. Makes me feel a bit better about the drubbing they gave us.

ndsubisonx
11-28-2012, 03:24 AM
will they beat unc more than they did us?

ndsubisonx
11-28-2012, 03:26 AM
fire roy williams!

HoopsBison
11-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Indiana is just really friggin good basketball team. The way they pass the ball as a team is unreal, doesnt hurt their loaded with talent.

Bison03
11-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Points scored against Indiana by NDSU: 61
Points scored against Indiana by UNC: 59

DjKyRo
11-28-2012, 04:16 AM
LOL at everyone who freaked out when we lost this game like we did.

344Johnson
11-28-2012, 04:57 AM
NDSU> UNC? lol.

KC Bison
11-28-2012, 01:19 PM
The lead got over 30 points last night and don't think that Indiana lead over the Bison ever got that high. So, yes in the world of comparative scores, we are better than UNC.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2012, 01:59 PM
LOL at everyone who freaked out when we lost this game like we did.

Yea, makes you wonder if people really follow Division 1 basketball. The #1 team in the country tends to do that, and UNC isn't going to be the last "legitimate" team they blow out like that.

goldenshower
11-28-2012, 03:00 PM
The lead got over 30 points last night and don't think that Indiana lead over the Bison ever got that high. So, yes in the world of comparative scores, we are better than UNC.

obviously indiana and its fans had the same intensity vs ndsu, its just ndsu handled it better and were tougher than unc. hope you guys throttle sdsu on saturday and then sweep them in basketball. wolters is a very good player but damn their fans make him out to be the next lebron and its wearing me out. get the bsa renovation done so sdsu can just be another team the herd dominates;)

HoopsBison
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
obviously indiana and its fans had the same intensity vs ndsu, its just ndsu handled it better and were tougher than unc. hope you guys throttle sdsu on saturday and then sweep them in basketball. wolters is a very good player but damn their fans make him out to be the next lebron and its wearing me out. get the bsa renovation done so sdsu can just be another team the herd dominates;)

They also think in 5-10 years they are gonna be next Gonzaga.

Mr. Burgundy
11-28-2012, 08:10 PM

SDSU has ONE player that can win a game. ONE. he is great. Unfortunately, they can't sign him to a 10 year deal, he graduates.

silkamilkamonico
11-28-2012, 08:34 PM
They also think in 5-10 years they are gonna be next Gonzaga.

So did we a couple years ago so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I personally don't think much of Nagy at this level, and he has Wolters to thank for saving his job.

goldenshower
11-29-2012, 01:07 AM
So did we a couple years ago so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

I personally don't think much of Nagy at this level, and he has Wolters to thank for saving his job.

ii thought ndsu was the next boise? sdsu without wolters will be worse then msum!

BisonJD
11-29-2012, 02:51 PM
SDSU has ONE player that can win a game. ONE. he is great. Unfortunately, they can't sign him to a 10 year deal, he graduates.

Couldn't agree more. Further proof that SDSU basketball is a one man show:

Quotes in the Argus Leader this morning:

Chad White after hitting the game winning shot against UND: "We wanted it in Nate's hands."
Nate Wolters after not getting to take the game winning shot against UND: "We didn't do a very good with the play."

Really? They realize they won the game right? Gives new meaning to the phrase “We go as Wolters goes.”