PDA

View Full Version : AP FCS All-American Teams

Bison_Dan
12-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Nate Safe NDSU OL made the second team. Only Bison on all 3 teams. It's a joke!! :-/

mikelsch
12-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Do you have the link?

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
No Bison on the Walter Camp 1-AA All-Americans list.

http://goviks.com/uploads/files/2006-Walter-Camp-1-AA-All-America.doc

drewaely
12-13-2006, 08:59 PM
No Bison on the Walter Camp 1-AA All-Americans list.

http://goviks.com/uploads/files/2006-Walter-Camp-1-AA-All-America.doc

I'm not really surprised by this. These usually go to players who have amazing stats and/or accomplishments. While NDSU played well as a team I would say that we didn't have any offensive or defensive standouts (or have the stats/accomplishments to make the list).

Everyone on that list was AWESOME and had fantastic years.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-14-2006, 02:56 PM
I was just reading the article and realized Safe is a Jr. I'm not sure why I was under the impression that he was a Sr., but I guess Walker will be happy to have Safe keeping him clean again next year.

Scooter
12-14-2006, 03:28 PM
I was just reading the article and realized Safe is a Jr. *I'm not sure why I was under the impression that he was a Sr., but I guess Walker will be happy to have Safe keeping him clean again next year.
It's easy to make that mistake since Nate has been playing like a Sr. for the past two years.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-14-2006, 03:33 PM
That will be my new excuse.

IowaBison
12-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I was just reading the article and realized Safe is a Jr. I'm not sure why I was under the impression that he was a Sr., but I guess Walker will be happy to have Safe keeping him clean again next year.

His dad's name is Scott, so he isn't a junior. :P

Mr._Bill
12-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Without playoff eligibility, the bison do not hit the radar screen very hard. *A playoff run would have garnered some respect from these end of the year teams. *It is a long and refrustrating wait. *These teams are all about stats also, and we really had more of a solid unit than a bunch of stat guys.

In my mind, guys like Frick, Steffes and Dahl could have really made a name for themselves in the playoffs. *It's too bad that they will not be around to see 2008. *We will really miss the seniors next year.