PDA

View Full Version : USD ticket, tailgating, seats, and game info thread (last minute travelers read it)

HerdBot
10-15-2012, 05:47 PM
For those of you who are making last minute plans, this thread should cover all the points. The game is on Midco Sports which is not available in Fargo. Get your ass down to Sioux Falls. We can make this a HOME GAME! No excuses. They still have 1700 tickets left and if the game doesn't sell out, they likely won't do it again. This gives us a huge competitive advantage not going to the Dakota Dome so buy your tickets today. We travel well. Especially a 3 1/2 hour drive!
http://www.stadiumsusa.com/images/thumbs/f245670eba488f65fbe5ad205d8e58e55626c82b.jpg-590x1000.png

NDSU Bison @ USD Coyotes
Oct 20th - 6 pm (gates 90 minutes early)
Sioux Falls, SD **unless you've been living under a rock, they moved the game from Vermillion to Sioux Falls**
Howard Wood Stadium
Russell St and N Western Ave, Sioux Falls, SD, 57104 or
2000 West Russell Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57104

Tickets: $25 Available at GoYotes.com or call 605-677-5959 (mon-fri 9am-5pm) Tickets purchased from this point on are will call located inside the South Entrance. Will Call opens one (1) hour prior to game time. Must bring valid ID. Tickets purchased at the gate are cash or check only.
Bison Side is H-I-J-K-L-M-N. Fans will be spread out throughout the South Dakota side too. If sideline seats sell out, they will add 2,000 general admission end zone seats so no worry about selling out. You may also visit the Alumni Association Ticket Exchange Blog to buy or sell tickets.

Looks like section M-N still have seats available on the Bison side.
Section H-I-J-K-L appear to be sold out.
There are also Bison fans sitting on the Yotes side in section B and G

COLORS
The Bison are wearing their alternate gold jerseys. At gold rush games - you must wear your gold/yellow Bison gear

BEER SALES
Yep, they are selling beer at a game.

LODGING
The closest hotel is Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center and the Ramada East but it looks like they are sold out. If you are staying at the Sheraton, park there and walk to the game. You can tailgate right from their parking lot. It's right there next to the stadium and actually closer than the official bison lot.

BEST LODGING CHOICES BY LOCATION

Sleep Inn Airport **2 minute drive!**
1500 N Kiwanis Ave, Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
Phone: (605) 339-3992
http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-sioux_falls-south_dakota-SD021?source=ylocal

Super 8 Sioux Falls SD **cheap rooms available $59 only 1 mile from stadium**
1508 West Russell Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57104 US
1-605-339-9330 http://www.super8.com/hotels/south-dakota/sioux-falls/super-8-sioux-falls-sd/hotel-overview?partner_id=&hotel_id=03496&campaign_code=&propId=SE03496&brand_id=SE&checkout_date=10%2F21%2F2012&modify=false&useWRPoints=false&children=0&corporate_id=&ratePlan=BAR&teens=0&affiliate_id=&altPropId=03496&brand_code=RA%2CHJ%2CTL%2CDI%2CKG%2CSE%2CBU%2CMT&iata=&rate_code=&adults=1&checkin_date=10%2F20%2F2012&rooms=1&ref_id=http%3A//www.ramada.com&srcBrand=RA&srcDestination=sioux-falls

Super 8 Sioux Falls $79.99 night
2616 East 10th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57103 US
Phone: 1-605-338-8881
4.29 miles from stadium

Microtel Inn & Suites - 5.8 miles from stadium
2901 South Carolyn Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 US
605-361-7484
http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/south-dakota/sioux-falls/microtel-inn-suites-sioux-falls/hotel-overview?partner_id=&hotel_id=28121&campaign_code=&propId=MT28121&brand_id=MT&checkout_date=10%2F21%2F2012&modify=false&useWRPoints=false&children=0&corporate_id=&ratePlan=BAR&teens=0&affiliate_id=&altPropId=28121&brand_code=RA%2CHJ%2CTL%2CDI%2CKG%2CSE%2CBU%2CMT&iata=&rate_code=&adults=1&checkin_date=10%2F20%2F2012&rooms=1&ref_id=http%3A//www.ramada.com&srcBrand=RA&srcDestination=sioux-falls

Homewood Suites Hilton Garden
3620 West Avera Drive, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57108, USA TEL: 1-605-338-8585
6 miles from stadium
http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/south-dakota/homewood-suites-by-hilton-sioux-falls-FSDHWHW/index.html?009=e&008=&007=Search&006=12914806793&002=0022190258021682065&WT.srch=1&012=brandonsdhotels

TAILGATING AND PARKING UPDATED!
Since a hockey game starts at 4, the Womens Expo ends at 5, and the Football Game starts at 6 - do not arrive to the game much later than 2-3 or it will be a major traffic jam. Come down early

Here's the OFFICIAL USD announcement...
Parking will be limited due to events happening in the Convention Center (Women’s Expo, 9am-5pm) and the Arena (hockey game, 4pm). Because of this, we will have shuttles running from the Fairgrounds to the stadium both before and after the game. Below you will find more specific information regarding parking and taking a shuttle.

COYOTE ONLY TAILGATING
· Lot D – USD Priority Parking Pass only (Opens at Noon) *This lot requires Priority Parking pass provided to Howling Pack members

NO PARKING (but hockey game)
- Lot A – Women’s Expo and Hockey game (No Parking)

BISON TAILGATING SPOTS
- Pheasants Stadium outfield parking – NDSU RV’s and Busses (Open Anytime. You can park Friday overnight)

- Lot B - Opens at 3 and is an overflow lot but they may open up earlier
- Lot E – Vendor/Women’s Expo/General parking (Open Anytime) *this is directly in front of the stadium - the women's expo will be using this lot too but it ends at 5 so it may clear out, depends how busy it is*
- Lot F – General Parking (Open Anytime)

Crap parking... Late arriving fans... if nothing is left
· Street parking - if you look at the map, the green shows street parking. Just walk over to the Bison tailgating spots. Keep your flag on your car to line the street with green and gold! (not sure if you can tailgate on the street)
· Earl McCart Fields (W. Madison St. & Western Ave) – General Parking (Open Anytime) I did some research and you can actually drink beer in this park, but no hard liquor. http://www.siouxfalls.org/contactus/parks/public-parks/mccart-fields.aspx
· Sioux Falls School District Lot – General Parking (Open Anytime) lame let usd fans use it doubt you can drink a beer there[/b]
· Fairgrounds – General Parking and RV’s - There will be a shuttle bus.

MAP -(The green lines are public street parking)
http://bisonnation.homestead.com/publishImages/index~~element166.JPG

ALUMNI EVENTS / WATCH PARTIES
Join Bison fans in Sioux Falls, SD as the NDSU Bison football team takes on the University of South Dakota Coyotes for the first time in the Missouri Valley Conference.

Saturday, October 20, 2012
Bison Pre-game Headquarters – Frankie’s Sports Bar & Grill at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel, 3200 W Maple Street, Sioux Falls, SD website - http://siouxfalls.bwramkota.com/restaurants/
3 – 5 p.m. CT
Free gift while supplies last

SEATING CHART
Here's a seating chart. The Bison section is H-I-J-K-L-M-N. Half is sold out. (H-K)
Get seats in L-M-N

Section L is still available, they are between the 25 and 40 yard line. Buy em up before Yotes fans do. Www.goyotes.com

http://images.tickets.com/images/privatelabel/uosd_howardwood_fb_smap.gif

SEAT LOCATOR POST YOUR SEATS (I pulled info off the thread)

Secton B
Markerman - 6
T Herd

Section E
56BISON73 - 4

Section F

Section I
KSBison
DaddyDaycare - 5

Section J
SDBison- 10
BisonBri53
PlainsBison - 2
Roper13 - 4

Section K
Runtheoption - 10
Endzone - 10
Bisonnation11 - 6
HecklerOfTheMonth -
BraxtonT
KS BISON FAN - 2

Section L
Yellowstreak - 6
9>1

Section M
Trim - 4

HandoEX
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
SEAT LOCATER POST YOUR SEATS (I pulled info off the thread)
Secton B
Markerman - 6
T Herd

Section E
56BISON73 - 4

Section F
KS BISION FAN - 2

Section I
KSBison
DaddyDaycare - 5

Sectopm J
SDBison- 10
BisonBri53
PlainsBison - 2

Section K
Runtheoption - 10
EndzoneQB, MNLonghorn10, HandoEX, LakesBison - 10
Bisonnation11 - 6
HecklerOfTheMonth -
BraxtonT

Section L
Yellowstreak - 6
9>1

Section M
Trim - 4

We have a few rooms at the Sheraton. Getting pretty excited for this one!

KSBisonFan
10-15-2012, 05:53 PM
My group is in sections K (2) and I (7), not F. Staying at the Sleep Inn Airport.

56BISON73
10-15-2012, 05:59 PM
[

Secton B
Markerman - 6
T Herd

Section F

Section I
KSBison
DaddyDaycare - 5

Section J
SDBison- 10
BisonBri53
PlainsBison - 2

Section K
Runtheoption - 10
Endzone - 10
Bisonnation11 - 6
HecklerOfTheMonth -
BraxtonT
KS BISON FAN - 2
56Bison73-4 (TJbison, and Hammersmith)

Section L
Yellowstreak - 6
9>1

Section M
Trim - 4[/QUOTE]

Correction made

HerdBot
10-15-2012, 06:47 PM
[

Secton B
Markerman - 6
T Herd

Section F

Section I
KSBison
DaddyDaycare - 5

Section J
SDBison- 10
BisonBri53
PlainsBison - 2

Section K
Runtheoption - 10
Endzone - 10
Bisonnation11 - 6
HecklerOfTheMonth -
BraxtonT
KS BISON FAN - 2
56Bison73-4 (TJbison, and Hammersmith)

Section L
Yellowstreak - 6
9>1

Section M
Trim - 4

Correction made[/QUOTE]

Here's a seating chart. The Bison section is H-I-J-K-L-M-N. Half is sold out. (H-K)
Get seats in L-M-N

Section L is still available, they are between the 25 and 40 yard line. Buy em up before Yotes fans do. Www.goyotes.com

NDSUBowler
10-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Ty for the condensed thread. Helps a ton! Found out I will be able to make this yesterday so I am pretty pumped!

CAS4127
10-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Ty for the condensed thread. Helps a ton! Found out I will be able to make this yesterday so I am pretty pumped!

Good to hear. Stop by TOHBTC spot so I can apologize in person and give you a strawberry/amireto/whip cream shot. It's the least I can do.*

Still feeling shitty about m stupid-ass post!!:banghead::badpc:

TransAmBison
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
give you a strawberry/amireto/whip cream shot.
And you call me gay.

CAS4127
10-15-2012, 07:37 PM
And you call me gay.

No, I call you Tranny as say "Tranny is gay!!". And, hey, my girlfriend makes them, and they are pretty damn good!!

Oh, and now that you started "posting substance" in this thread, it will likely by longer than the original "USD" thread. LEAVE!!!

HerdBot
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
anyone know if you can bring a flag into Howard Wood Field?

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2012, 08:04 PM

I really don't know, but I suspect you will see a Bison flag from a very high location that day.....

pwbnd
10-15-2012, 08:11 PM
For those of us stuck in town this weekend. The game is on MIDCO Sports Channel, not available to Cable One subscribers or to those of us who get their programming OTA. Got a couple of questions for the experts (I use that term loosely :) )...

I see both BWW's are listed as watch party sites....how are they pulling in the game....internet feed? If so, how's the quality been lately? Will Chubs and/or The Turf be streaming the internet feed? I see the Spitfire Grill is hosting a watch party too...they're in West Fargo...do they get MIDCO?

I guess to summarize...I wanna know, where's the best place to watch the game here in the F-M area on Saturday?

http://www.ndsualumni.com/netcommunity/page.aspx?pid=1322

runtheoption
10-15-2012, 08:27 PM
SEAT LOCATER POST YOUR SEATS (I pulled info off the thread)

Section K
Runtheoption - 10
EndzoneQB, MNLonghorn10, HandoEX, LakesBison - 10

Jeebus, I need to sell our tickets. I can't be next to a bunch of latte sipping, tofu eating, cross-stitching, Facebook updating nerds.

roper1313
10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Jeebus, I need to sell our tickets. I can't be next to a bunch of latte sipping, tofu eating, cross-stitching, Facebook updating nerds.

We are in J with 4 tickets. Bringing the two boys so we are staying at the Ramada (waterslide), which is just east of the Sheraton.

EndZoneQB
10-15-2012, 08:58 PM

If you're concerned, you can have a buffer zone of Kermit...

Jay
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Section K +4, staying at the Ramada. Get your popcorn ready. Gonna be one hell of a celebraish, you guys.

HerdBot
10-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Checked the status on hotels and availability and location. I'm sure you can find some great deals on hotwire or priceline but after a quick scan...

Best bet is...

Sleep Inn Airport
1500 N Kiwanis Ave, Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104
Phone: (605) 339-3992
http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-sioux_falls-south_dakota-SD021?source=ylocal

Super 8 Sioux Falls SD **cheap rooms available $59 only 1 mile from stadium**
1508 West Russell Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57104 US
1-605-339-9330 http://www.super8.com/hotels/south-d...on=sioux-falls

The Ramada East and the Sheraton are both sold out.

a quick check on availability (checked 2 nights fri/sat)

Super 8 Sioux Falls $79.99 night
2616 East 10th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57103 US
Phone: 1-605-338-8881
4.29 miles from stadium

Microtel Inn & Suites - 5.8 miles from stadium
2901 South Carolyn Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 US
605-361-7484
http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/so...on=sioux-falls

Homewood Suites Hilton Garden
3620 West Avera Drive, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57108, USA TEL: 1-605-338-8585
6 miles from stadium
http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...randonsdhotels

runtheoption
10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
If you're concerned, you can have a buffer zone of Kermit...

As long as Kermit stands and cheers the whole game, I'll be cool with it. He & I may try to get into a fight with people sitting behind us that are telling us to sit down.

I wish you would at least try to act like you enjoy the Bison games, and actually cheer for once. MEI-ER-KORT....sh*t, can't use that one anymore.

NDSUBowler
10-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Good to hear. Stop by TOHBTC spot so I can apologize in person and give you a strawberry/amireto/whip cream shot. It's the least I can do.*

Still feeling shitty about m stupid-ass post!!:banghead::badpc:
Sounds good! Ill def try and make it out this time

Ill try and haul along Bisondan (the tv thread troll not the original) so we can gang up on TAB in a Walking Dead debate

CAS4127
10-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Just saw that this may be a "Gold Rush" game!????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kermit
10-15-2012, 10:13 PM
As long as Kermit stands and cheers the whole game, I'll be cool with it. He & I may try to get into a fight with people sitting behind us that are telling us to sit down.

Standing and cheering comes with the deal. If you need me to be your bodyguard, that is an extra. :D

CAS4127
10-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Standing and cheering comes with the deal. If you need me to be your bodyguard, that is an extra, AND SCARY!! :D

FIFY.

Tranny is gay!!

Fast50Dad
10-15-2012, 10:23 PM
From Izzo: No white jerseys Saturday, NDSU will wear its gold jerseys while USD will wear home reds, had to get league waiver to allow

CAS4127
10-15-2012, 10:26 PM
From Izzo: No white jerseys Saturday, NDSU will wear its gold jerseys while USD will wear home reds, had to get league waiver to allow

So my source for post #20 was accurate!! Yellow = Attitude!!

Fast50Dad
10-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Sorry CAS, should have quoted ya...my bad.

Go Bison!

CAS4127
10-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Sorry CAS, should have quoted ya...my bad.

Go Bison!

NP--I wasn't sure. You confirmed-->thanks!!

56BISON73
10-15-2012, 10:31 PM
just saw that this may be a "gold rush" game!????????

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

oh goody!!!!!!

Kermit
10-15-2012, 10:42 PM
oh goody!!!!!!
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/10/8/128994615092656125.jpg

Fast50Dad
10-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Also heard Shepard is hospitalized with a lacerated kidney. May be out for the year.

Jay
10-15-2012, 10:48 PM
What time do the tailgating lots open? I didn't see a time in Gabe's cliff notes.

CAS4127
10-15-2012, 10:51 PM
What time do the tailgating lots open? I didn't see a time in Gabe's cliff notes.

Yep-->been posted already. Esley???!!

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2012, 10:55 PM
This just came through from USD:

USD vs. NDSU Parking and Tailgating Info

*See Attached Map For Additional Info

PARKING
Parking will be limited due to events happening in the Convention Center (Women’s Expo, 9am-5pm) and the Arena (hockey game, 4pm). Because of this, we will have shuttles running from the Fairgrounds to the stadium both before and after the game. Below you will find more specific information regarding parking and taking a shuttle.

· Lot A – Women’s Expo and Hockey game (No Parking)

· Lot B – General Parking (Opens at 3pm)

· Lot D – USD Priority Parking Pass only (Opens at Noon)
*This lot requires Priority Parking pass provided to Howling Pack members
*One (1) spot per parking pass
· Lot E – Vendor/Women’s Expo/General parking (Open Anytime)

· Lot F – General Parking (Open Anytime)

· McCart Field – General Parking (Open Anytime)

· Pheasants Stadium outfield parking – NDSU RV’s and Busses (Open Anytime)

· Sioux Falls School District Lot – General Parking (Open Anytime)

· Fairgrounds – General Parking and RV’s

SHUTTLE

Shuttles will run from the Sioux Empire Fairgrounds parking area to the stadium starting at 4 p.m. There is no charge to ride the shuttle or park in the Sioux Empire Fairgrounds parking lot. The shuttle will run for 60 minutes following the game.

TAILGATING
While there are not reserved tailgating spots for this game similar to DakotaDome home games, you have tailgating options at Howard Wood Field.

The Coyote Nation Tailgate area will be located on the practice fields west of Howard Wood Field and open at 3:00pm. Multiple food vendors will be set-up inside (Boss’s Pizza, Bite Me Mobile Bistro, Taste of Country and the Rib Shack), as well as a beer garden and other assorted drinks. Entry is free. The Coyote Nation Tailgate area will be foot traffic only (no automobiles). Tailgating will be shut down when the game starts and will not open back up.

A Hospitality Tent will be set up for Howling Pack members who are Silver Club level and higher and others who have a Coyote Landing wristband. Complimentary food and beverages will be served starting at 4pm inside this tent but you must bring your Coyote Landing wristband to gain access.

The Yippin’ Yotes Kid Zone will have an area set up inside Coyote Tailgate Nation with inflatables for kids and other games.

Open tailgating is allowed in available parking lots noted above however you will only have access to your one (1) parking spot and cannot block other spots or the driveways. Glass containers are not allowed.

IMPORTANT TIMES
3:00 p.m. - The Coyote Nation Tailgate area opens
3:30 p.m. – Tickets kiosks open to sell tickets and pick up will-call tickets
4:00 p.m. - The shuttle from the Fairgrounds parking area to the stadium begins running
4:30 p.m. – Gates open to Howard Wood Field

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=0a8966064f&view=att&th=13a66971380265f9&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-rCtftkN-w0XzQogHE2TKW&sadet=1350341602013&sads=LLLfAyW9pUiU7poqXcZo_71XFlA

Jay
10-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Yep-->been posted already. Esley???!!

I just learned how to read this week... been a big week.

EndZoneQB
10-15-2012, 10:58 PM

What time are you getting there? That's what time the lots open.

CAS4127
10-15-2012, 10:59 PM

PARKING

SHUTTLE

Shuttles will run from the Sioux Empire Fairgrounds parking area to the stadium starting at 4 p.m. There is no charge to ride the shuttle or park in the Sioux Empire Fairgrounds parking lot. The shuttle will run for 60 minutes following the game.

TAILGATING
While there are not reserved tailgating spots for this game similar to DakotaDome home games, you have tailgating options at Howard Wood Field.

The Coyote Nation Tailgate area will be located on the practice fields west of Howard Wood Field and open at 3:00pm. Multiple food vendors will be set-up inside (Boss’s Pizza, Bite Me Mobile Bistro, Taste of Country and the Rib Shack), as well as a beer garden and other assorted drinks. Entry is free. The Coyote Nation Tailgate area will be foot traffic only (no automobiles). Tailgating will be shut down when the game starts and will not open back up.

A Hospitality Tent will be set up for Howling Pack members who are Silver Club level and higher and others who have a Coyote Landing wristband. Complimentary food and beverages will be served starting at 4pm inside this tent but you must bring your Coyote Landing wristband to gain access.

The Yippin’ Yotes Kid Zone will have an area set up inside Coyote Tailgate Nation with inflatables for kids and other games.

Open tailgating is allowed in available parking lots noted above however you will only have access to your one (1) parking spot and cannot block other spots or the driveways. Glass containers are not allowed.

IMPORTANT TIMES
4:00 p.m. - The shuttle from the Fairgrounds parking area to the stadium begins running

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=0a8966064f&view=att&th=13a66971380265f9&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-rCtftkN-w0XzQogHE2TKW&sadet=1350341602013&sads=LLLfAyW9pUiU7poqXcZo_71XFlA

Well that changes things!!

Jay
10-15-2012, 11:04 PM
What time are you getting there? That's what time the lots open.

That's an excellent answer. Friday at 5:15. Staying at the Ramada. Just gonna head straight to Castaways (lobby bar), get a mucho marg! Gonna be a 36 hour party.

EndZoneQB
10-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Well that changes things!!

Yeah, wtf are we supposed to do? I'm thinking Lot F might be the answer then? Since it's at the Hotel? Or we still going with the outfield lots? I'd take the one closest to the Hotel for sure...

Plus, ONE spot? We need two just to park lol and 2 more for stuff. They are really newbs at this tailgating thing, aren't they? They forget that most of us have stuff to setup...

TbonZach
10-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I just learned how to read this week... been a big week.

"It looks like he'll have to repeat the third grade, Mrs. Griffin."

"It looks like he'll have to repeat the third grade, Mrs. Griffin."

"Congratulations, Mr. Griffin. You finally passed the third grade. -That's great! Hey, can we talk about this later? I have to go on a hunting trip with my son."

Siouxfallsbison
10-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Yeah, wtf are we supposed to do? I'm thinking Lot F might be the answer then? Since it's at the Hotel? Or we still going with the outfield lots? I'd take the one closest to the Hotel for sure...

Plus, ONE spot? We need two just to park lol and 2 more for stuff. They are really newbs at this tailgating thing, aren't they? They forget that most of us have stuff to setup...

Looks like it will have to be the area around the baseball field. Might work pretty good. Lot F is way too small. Would only be able to get a couple of rigs in there.

Wally
10-16-2012, 12:35 AM
So the outfield lots are open to park anytime, but lot b right door isn't open until 3pm? Have a feeling this is going to be a major clusterf***

Section L +11...staying at the Ramada

IzzyFlexion
10-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Go verticle.
Urban tailgating.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy1vg6BQlXBqquH_vV1CNTWUYpv0S6N 3yngwCvwOP4EkOSJupOaA

EndZoneQB
10-16-2012, 01:21 AM
Looks like it will have to be the area around the baseball field. Might work pretty good. Lot F is way too small. Would only be able to get a couple of rigs in there.

Yep, just looked at F on googlemaps again and it's definitely wayyy too small. I think we are going to shoot for the lot directly to the East of the outfield. It looks like that one doesn't have many restrictions.

Did anyone else notice that said tailgating would close at kickoff and wouldn't reopen? That seems weak...

So the outfield lots are open to park anytime, but lot b right door isn't open until 3pm? Have a feeling this is going to be a major clusterf***

They changed it 5 days before the event, what was the first clue...lol

Jay
10-16-2012, 01:27 AM
The party just moves to a local establishment then for a Bisonation takeover. What are we going to drink this city out of?

EndZoneQB
10-16-2012, 01:31 AM
The party just moves to a local establishment then for a Bisonation takeover. What are we going to drink this city out of?

I have all the alcohol I could want and a long playlist...I don't need a local establishment lol

HerdBot
10-16-2012, 01:49 AM

PARKING

SHUTTLE

TAILGATING

IMPORTANT TIMES

do you have a link so i can post the map?

NDSUstudent
10-16-2012, 01:52 AM
The ndsu alumni association has this map...

http://www.ndsualumni.com/netcommunity/document.doc?id=39&erid=7041174&trid=7317e297-4f0b-439d-b95d-d14a116c1e70

roadwarrior
10-16-2012, 02:23 AM
Latest map posted by USD

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sdak/genrel/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/parking.pdf

Best bet seems to be the parking outside the Pheasants Stadium (east side and south side)

EndZoneQB
10-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Latest map posted by USD

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sdak/genrel/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/parking.pdf

Best bet seems to be the parking outside the Pheasants Stadium (east side and south side)

Not to change things up, but it appears that Lot E is also open anytime...

CAS4127
10-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Eff--I am once again confused completely. Move the game to SD's backyard--the grass one that is!!

BisonNation11
10-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Party at the Sheraton!

roadwarrior
10-16-2012, 02:57 AM
Not to change things up, but it appears that Lot E is also open anytime...

Good point EZ. And lot E is next to our side of the stadium.

HerdBot
10-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Eff--I am once again confused completely. Move the game to SD's backyard--the grass one that is!!

what a bush league operation. The communication says lot a is not available because it's for the hockey game and the ghetto map they put out says it is? WTF?

HerdBot
10-16-2012, 03:17 AM

It says... Lot E – Vendor/Women’s Expo/General parking (Open Anytime)

So does general parking mean tailgating? Is general parking football? Logic would say y es but these guys have their heads...
Can I set up my canopy there at any time?

Can we tailgate at the fairgrounds, Gophers style? I th ink it would be much more fun to own the outside of the stadium to make our presence known. I think that's the goal. I would much rather see the USD fans show up and have to take a bus and walk past our rigs.

This is the worst organized event I have ever seen. .

EndZoneQB
10-16-2012, 03:39 AM

Let's get some more to weigh in on this one. I like Lot E, but I don't want to be the only rig in that lot haha

dragonsfan
10-16-2012, 04:03 AM
how much is a wolfpack or coyote donation, i suggest just pitching in and getting a donation and set up right in the middle of their set up, if you have the balls to that is. now that would be hilarious.

Siouxfallsbison
10-16-2012, 04:03 AM
My bet is they won't let us park RVs or buses in lot E. I think our best bet is the outfield parking of the baseball field.

bri-dog
10-16-2012, 04:48 AM
What about this big flat grassy area I've circled? Looks like you could fit quite a few rigs there...:biggrin:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/tailgatingsiouxfalls-1.jpg

HerdBot
10-16-2012, 05:14 AM
God these guys are fucking stupid. Lot B on their own map is located in the outfield of Pheasants Stadium. One says Lot B opens at 3 and the other says "open anytime." So what is it? 3 pm or anytime? I wouldn't hire these guys to mop my damn floor.

Lot B – General Parking (Opens at 3pm)

HerdBot
10-16-2012, 06:02 AM

Here's an updated map. it doesn't show the other distant parking spots or the fairgrounds. Those are for yote fans. The green is public street parking within' walking distance

runtheoption
10-16-2012, 11:03 AM
I say we try Lot E first. If they don't allow buses & RV's, or it looks like it is too full of non-tailgaters using the hotel, convention center and arena, then we move it around the corner to Lot B and the Sioux Falls school district lot. Lot B (all of it...south, west, and east side) and the SF school lot are pretty darn close to each other.

roadwarrior
10-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Let's face it, we have enough fans to fill all of these lots. First ones there will have their pick of the mess. I'm thinking they will attempt to divert RVs and busses to the outfield lots of the baseball field (remember how SDSU directed all of these rigs to one area). What they mean when they say "outfield lots" are the lots east and south of the baseball stadium. If that is where the tailgating rigs have to be, that is probably the best place to start. Just my opinion though. Maybe we should have a poll?

MNLonghorn10
10-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Cruiser will be in lot bumfuckville egypt outside of tea sd

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

EndZoneQB
10-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Let's face it, we have enough fans to fill all of these lots. First ones there will have their pick of the mess. I'm thinking they will attempt to divert RVs and busses to the outfield lots of the baseball field (remember how SDSU directed all of these rigs to one area). What they mean when they say "outfield lots" are the lots east and south of the baseball stadium. If that is where the tailgating rigs have to be, that is probably the best place to start. Just my opinion though. Maybe we should have a poll?

I think a pole is a great idea..oh wait you said poll, ok yeah that too.

Bison bison
10-16-2012, 01:20 PM

isn't that where sd lives?

tjamz
10-16-2012, 02:00 PM

Olivia's Adult Superstore? Why did I agree to go with you guys again?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&bpcl=35277026&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1680&bih=893&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=olivias+adult+superstore&fb=1&gl=us&hq=olivias+adult+superstore&cid=0,0,12873174012345559222&sa=X&ei=Z2h9ULDaG6TE2gWTzoGgBw&ved=0CH0Q_BIwAA

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2012, 02:09 PM

I agree with Road on this. Gabe, the lot that does not open until three was clearly a concession that was made to the Stampede. Remember my post about when I talked to the CEO and how we was freaked out about the parking situation. I am sure they were not happy with the lack of thought put into this. The lot on the West side of the the stadium is what is "out." outfield and east side should be fair game. Let's pack those mother's.....

As I said a week ago, GET THERE EARLY.

EndZoneQB
10-16-2012, 02:10 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&bpcl=35277026&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1680&bih=893&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=olivias+adult+superstore&fb=1&gl=us&hq=olivias+adult+superstore&cid=0,0,12873174012345559222&sa=X&ei=Z2h9ULDaG6TE2gWTzoGgBw&ved=0CH0Q_BIwAA

The very same. We stopped in there on the way back from Lincoln a couple of years ago and went in the entrance to the video arcade lol, they looked at us weird(4 dudes) and then realized we had probably walked in the wrong door...whoops haha

KSBisonFan
10-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Weather forecast for Sioux Falls:

Friday: partly sunny, high of 56, low of 37
Saturday: partly sunny, high of 67, low of 43

Great weather for a circus or gong show or both.

MNLonghorn10
10-16-2012, 02:17 PM

Well yea of course. Lol @ the arcade entrance

HerdBot
10-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Looks like section L is gone on the Bison side. Time to fill M. Right now its only 6 rows up

SDbison
10-16-2012, 05:39 PM
isn't that where sd lives? Actually I live on the opposite direction in relation to Sioux Falls. Tea is a small town a few miles from Sioux Falls on the Southwest side........I am located about 9 miles Northeast of Sioux Falls.
For those Bison fans arriving in Sioux Falls on Friday I will be having a gathering on my country property starting at 6:00 PM. I have about 8 Bison fans staying at my house Friday night and expect a dozen or so more to stop by. Let me know if you are interested and I will PM my address to you. For a point of reference it only takes 20 to 25 minutes to get to my place from Howard Wood location.

bisonmike2
10-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Actually I live on the opposite direction in relation to Sioux Falls. Tea is a small town a few miles from Sioux Falls on the Southwest side........I am located about 9 miles Northeast of Sioux Falls.
For those Bison fans arriving in Sioux Falls on Friday I will be having a gathering on my country property starting at 6:00 PM. I have about 8 Bison fans staying at my house Friday night and expect a dozen or so more to stop by. Let me know if you are interested and I will PM my address to you. For a point of reference it only takes 20 to 25 minutes to get to my place from Howard Wood location.

C'mon, post your address on the internet. What could possibly go wrong?:biggrin:

TransAmBison
10-16-2012, 06:24 PM
C'mon, post your address on the internet. What could possibly go wrong?:biggrin:I wonder...CAS will call any number posted on BV...would he go to any address listed?

CAS4127
10-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Your wife ready gave address to your apartment. Wait, u guys live a house!! Why would she have an apartment?!?!!? Hmmmmmm?!?!??

BisonJD
10-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Just talked to the ED of the SF Sports Authority and he informed me that they will attempt to direct all Buses and RVs to the Fairgrounds (ala UM Game last year) due to space constraints around the Arena/Convention Center/Howard Wood with the Etc for Women Convention and the Stampede Hockey Game. On top of all that, I believe they just started road construction on Russell Avenue this week. He admitted that it could become a total free-for-all, so be prepared. The Fairgrounds Lot will be open for parking on Friday night/Saturday morning.

I hope this turns out well, but I have serious doubts. It could turn into a gigantic mess. I would encourage everyone to be patient - this is a big deal for Sioux Falls and I know the SFSA worked hard to get the game here. Bear in mind, Sioux Falls doesn't get the opportunity to host big tailgates every week like Fargo does.

EndZoneQB
10-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Just talked to the ED of the SF Sports Authority and he informed me that they will attempt to direct all Buses and RVs to the Fairgrounds (ala UM Game last year) due to space constraints around the Arena/Convention Center/Howard Wood with the Etc for Women Convention and the Stampede Hockey Game. On top of all that, I believe they just started road construction on Russell Avenue this week. He admitted that it could become a total free-for-all, so be prepared. The Fairgrounds Lot will be open for parking on Friday night/Saturday morning.

I hope this turns out well, but I have serious doubts. It could turn into a gigantic mess. I would encourage everyone to be patient - this is a big deal for Sioux Falls and I know the SFSA worked hard to get the game here. Bear in mind, Sioux Falls doesn't get the opportunity to host big tailgates every week like Fargo does.

No way I'm parking at the fairgrounds when I'm staying on the grounds of the stadium. Nice try SFSA. The reason I stayed at the Sheraton was to park Friday and not move it until Sunday. Not trying to be a dick, but seriously.

Trim
10-16-2012, 07:41 PM
I really wish SlickVic and Lakes could do some sort of play by play on the radio of this whole ordeal/Gong Show/meltdown/debacle.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2012, 07:46 PM

BisonJD, we need to meet sometime as I am also in town.

I think you really need to speak to your contacts and tell them they had better not direct people to the fairgrounds when USD just said we are supposed to be around the stadium outfield. Does the right hand even know what the left is doing? I posted the actual USD info yesterday if you were not aware of it. This is simply hogwash and not how you treat guests.

Siouxfallsbison
10-16-2012, 07:52 PM
We are tailgating on the south and east side of baseball stadium. Buses and RVs can park there. My rig will be out there Friday afternoon

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2012, 08:07 PM
We are tailgating on the south and east side of baseball stadium. Buses and RVs can park there. My rig will be out there Friday afternoon

Sioux Falls, see BisonJD's post above. Sounded to me like SF sport authority is now going against this. I just sent this e-mail to the exec dir. of Sioux Falls Sport Authority:

Mr. Sullivan,

I just want to say thank you as an NDSU alumni for working to get the NDSU/USD game here in Sioux Falls so NDSU can have another home game. It is very much appreciated. (We promise to be very nice to the visiting team!)

With this said, I am extremely concerned about the lack of foresight that went into the parking situation. I am not sure if you are aware, but NDSU regularly has thousands of tailgaters before games. While the number will be much less than in Fargo, it will still be substantial and will be similar to what was seen last year in Brookings (I bet they can get you a count; we had about an equal number of fans, if not more, in their home stadium). Many of these folks have big rigs, RV, buses, etc. with full set ups. It feels to me this was not thought through when the game is planned the same day as a women’s conference and a Stampede game.

Only yesterday, USD sent out a formal e-mail telling NDSU fans that we could tailgate in the outfield lots (east and south side of the baseball field). Now, word on the street is you are going to try to divert people and their rigs to the fairgrounds. This is simply not right. Many of those people are staying at the Sheraton so they don’t have to move their rigs. Further, this is a horrible way to treat visiting outside income to our city. Further, I can’t for the life of me understand why the communication has continued to change from USD, nor does it ever seem to “match up” with what I am hearing from other parties.

I would respectfully suggest you plan on Bison fans tailgating where they were told to yesterday by USD and not pull the rug out from underneath them. If you did not see that e-mail, I am happy to forward it to you. This is not a good way to treat our guests who will bring significant revenue to our city. I can certainly understand diverting to the fairgrounds once the lots are completely full, but not before.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2012, 08:08 PM

By the way, were you the guy I passed on the way home with the camper with bison logos on it? We gave you the horns as we went buy in a Ford F150.

MNLonghorn10
10-16-2012, 08:17 PM
No way I'm parking at the fairgrounds when I'm staying on the grounds of the stadium. Nice try SFSA. The reason I stayed at the Sheraton was to park Friday and not move it until Sunday. Not trying to be a dick, but seriously.

Yea..kinda hard to trump the old "but we are paying guests at this hotel establishment card."

EndZoneQB
10-16-2012, 08:34 PM

I am full go for the East lot by the outfield. We will see you there! Is it Friday yet??

roadwarrior
10-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Beer is on ice!

Siouxfallsbison
10-16-2012, 09:31 PM
By the way, were you the guy I passed on the way home with the camper with bison logos on it? We gave you the horns as we went buy in a Ford F150.

Yes. Now I got to take it back next week.

Jay
10-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Is it Friday yet... I'm ready to get my Bernie Lean on all weekend

JMB
10-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Here is a listing of home improvement stores in the Sioux Falls area. If the Bison play like they did last week, these locations should be able to supply Bisonvillers with pitchforks and torches...

http://www.bing.com/local/default.aspx?what=home+improvement&where=Sioux+Falls%2c+South+Dakota&s_cid=ansPhBkYp01&mkt=en-us&ac=false&q=home+improvement+sioux+falls&qpvt=home+improvement+sioux+falls&FORM=LARE

56BISON73
10-17-2012, 03:41 AM

You can wear your sambrero.:biggrin:

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Sioux Falls, see BisonJD's post above. Sounded to me like SF sport authority is now going against this. I just sent this e-mail to the exec dir. of Sioux Falls Sport Authority:

Mr. Sullivan,

I just want to say thank you as an NDSU alumni for working to get the NDSU/USD game here in Sioux Falls so NDSU can have another home game. It is very much appreciated. (We promise to be very nice to the visiting team!)

With this said, I am extremely concerned about the lack of foresight that went into the parking situation. I am not sure if you are aware, but NDSU regularly has thousands of tailgaters before games. While the number will be much less than in Fargo, it will still be substantial and will be similar to what was seen last year in Brookings (I bet they can get you a count; we had about an equal number of fans, if not more, in their home stadium). Many of these folks have big rigs, RV, buses, etc. with full set ups. It feels to me this was not thought through when the game is planned the same day as a women’s conference and a Stampede game.

Only yesterday, USD sent out a formal e-mail telling NDSU fans that we could tailgate in the outfield lots (east and south side of the baseball field). Now, word on the street is you are going to try to divert people and their rigs to the fairgrounds. This is simply not right. Many of those people are staying at the Sheraton so they don’t have to move their rigs. Further, this is a horrible way to treat visiting outside income to our city. Further, I can’t for the life of me understand why the communication has continued to change from USD, nor does it ever seem to “match up” with what I am hearing from other parties.

I would respectfully suggest you plan on Bison fans tailgating where they were told to yesterday by USD and not pull the rug out from underneath them. If you did not see that e-mail, I am happy to forward it to you. This is not a good way to treat our guests who will bring significant revenue to our city. I can certainly understand diverting to the fairgrounds once the lots are completely full, but not before.

I was actually called on the phone by Mr. Sullivan, something I was very impressed by, and we had a great conversation. He pressed me a bit on what I had been hearing and where, and I responded the discussion in the NDSU community has been that buses and trailers will be diverted to the fairgrounds. He responded saying this is simply untrue. Here is a summary of his key points:

1. The outfield parking lots (east and south side) are being specifically set aside for NDSU tailgating rigs/buses/etc. He said you are welcome to park there on Friday night if you wish. That is very much the intent. He alluded to keeping cars away from this lot, but suspect he was referring to non-tailgating cars.
2. As for "Lot B" which opens at 3 PM, this information is correct that it will not open until 3. However, I was under the distinct impression there may be little to no enforcement of this when I asked. I'd strongly suggest parking there when the outfield fills up if this is the case.
3. The WILL begin diverting buses, RVs, and rigs to the fairgrounds when the NDSU designated parking is full. So, if you plan on bringing a rig, GET THERE EARLY. None of us serious folks will be at the fairgrounds, nor do you want to. Remember, you will be at the mercy of buses......
4. Cars, but not rigs, will be allowed to park in the McCart area. This will be a good option for late comers if other options are full. (I suspect this will fill quickly, so GET THERE EARLY unless you like fairgrounds and buses.)

Other parts of the conversation of interest:
1. He was worried about financial success as there are still 1700 unsold tickets. They want a sellout. I am sure they know this helps them with USD, etc. in future negotiations. Folks, get your ass to this game as it is in NDSU's interest to do this again in the future.
2. This is the first major test they have had of the new parking plan and this will be a more common issue when the new arena is done. I had the impression that the parking will be very similar in the future.
3. They are excited having all the Bison fans come to town and he really wanted to clear up any confusion.

roadwarrior
10-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the update!

Don't forget to bring your "Home of the HERD" yard signs. I am sure USD folks would love to see lots of those lining the parking lots.

MNLonghorn10
10-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Ok so tea is out.

Tatanka
10-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the update!

Don't forget to bring your "Home of the HERD" yard signs. I am sure USD folks would love to see lots of those lining the parking lots. And Interstate 29, particularly around mile marker 132.

And someone better be tagging the hell out of the Welcome to South Dakota sign just south of the casino. Photographic evidence of success requested.

EndZoneQB
10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Great! East outfield lot is where the FC is planning on being. Sheraton guests ARE allowed to tailgate in the Sheraton lot and set up whenever as well, but I would assume this isn't going to happen much...?

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 03:20 PM
1. He was worried about financial success as there are still 1700 unsold tickets. They want a sellout. I am sure they know this helps them with USD, etc. in future negotiations. Folks, get your ass to this game as it is in NDSU's interest to do this again in the future.

Yep if it sells out they may do it again. If it doesn't we will face a real road game in Vermillion. Buy those last tickets Bison fans!

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the update!

Don't forget to bring your "Home of the HERD" yard signs. I am sure USD folks would love to see lots of those lining the parking lots.

It's funny because USD will be trying to promote their team in Sioux Falls but in reality- it will be a big advertisement for NDSU. Good way to strengthen the image for all the area South Dakota schools we recruit. Can't wait to see the entire tailgating lot lined with Bison fan, rigs, and flags. We're bringing our entire setup. I hope we don't end up being hidden in the fairgrounds. I want visibility!

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 04:02 PM
???
For the street parking, Sioux Falls is known for parking meters. Does anyone know if they have meters outside the stadium and are they enforced on weekends??

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 04:12 PM
???
For the street parking, Sioux Falls is known for parking meters. Does anyone know if they have meters outside the stadium and are they enforced on weekends??

No......10char

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Great! East outfield lot is where the FC is planning on being. Sheraton guests ARE allowed to tailgate in the Sheraton lot and set up whenever as well, but I would assume this isn't going to happen much...?

It's the suggested hotel from the USD alumni association too and they even get a cheap rate.. so I would imagine there will be some yote fans there. But I doubt they will actually tailgate

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 04:33 PM
here's a bigger map
http://bisonnation.homestead.com/publishImages/index~~element166.jpg

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 04:35 PM
No......10char

i would assume you can't drink in the south dakota parks or city public school lots? or by street parking?

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 04:37 PM
i would assume you can't drink in the south dakota parks or city public school lots? or by street parking?

Gabe, trying to be nice here, but why would you not park in a free lot when available? Or walk over to where everyone is tailgating?

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=gabe;667365]here's a bigger map

Lot B is loosely enforced, not Lot A.

SDbison
10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
One nice thing about the south end of the east outfield lot and entire south outfield lot is the close location to a Buffalo Wild Wings just across the street to the south. Just thinking this may be a place to pick up wings for appetizers and also use the restrooms if there are inadequate numbers of porta-potties.

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=gabe;667365]here's a bigger map

Lot B is loosely enforced, not Lot A.

Do you mean the 3pm start time?

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Gabe, trying to be nice here, but why would you not park in a free lot when available? Or walk over to where everyone is tailgating?

I'll be there early no matter what. Just trying to get the info out there for fellow bison fans who end up parking on the street. Would hate to see the city bust a bunch of bison fans who don't have the correct info after they crack open a beer in the park

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Update from Argus Leader, 2000 seats left. Order them now before the Yote Fans gobble them up
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121016/SPORTS0203/310160005/Sales-rise-NDSU-game?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

here's the availability. Plenty of seats left Bison fans. Let's fill em up so they bring the game back in the future! (probably less than 2,000 left)

Bison Side (remaining sections are only 6-9 rows up so good seats left)
Section
M **10-25 yard line**
N **goal line to 10 yard line**

Apparent Yote Side
Section
A (tons of seats) *between goal line and 10*
B (a few left high up) *between 10-25 yard line*
E (between 30-40 yard line) some left high up *between 25-40*
F (tons of seats only 9 rows up) *10-25 yard line*
G (tons of seats only 6 rows up) *goal line and 10 yardline*

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 06:32 PM
I'll be there early no matter what. Just trying to get the info out there for fellow bison fans who end up parking on the street. Would hate to see the city bust a bunch of bison fans who don't have the correct info after they crack open a beer in the park

I think most folks would have common sense, I guess. If ya park on the street, treat it like parking in the east lot and walking west.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=THEsocalledfan;667368]

Do you mean the 3pm start time?

Yes. Lot A is closed to tailgating. It is for Stampede and womens parking.

chris56317
10-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Update from Argus Leader, 2000 seats left. Order them now before the Yote Fans gobble them up
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121016/SPORTS0203/310160005/Sales-rise-NDSU-game?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p

here's the availability. Plenty of seats left Bison fans. Let's fill em up so they bring the game back in the future! (probably less than 2,000 left)

Section
M **10-25 yard line**

Apparent Yote Side
Section
A (tons of seats) *between goal line and 10*

They must have opened more up in sections M. When I ordered 2 weeks ago, the best available was up higher (we're in row R).

56BISON73
10-17-2012, 06:46 PM
I was actually called on the phone by Mr. Sullivan, something I was very impressed by, and we had a great conversation. He pressed me a bit on what I had been hearing and where, and I responded the discussion in the NDSU community has been that buses and trailers will be diverted to the fairgrounds. He responded saying this is simply untrue. Here is a summary of his key points:

1. The outfield parking lots (east and south side) are being specifically set aside for NDSU tailgating rigs/buses/etc. He said you are welcome to park there on Friday night if you wish. That is very much the intent. He alluded to keeping cars away from this lot, but suspect he was referring to non-tailgating cars.
2. As for "Lot B" which opens at 3 PM, this information is correct that it will not open until 3. However, I was under the distinct impression there may be little to no enforcement of this when I asked. I'd strongly suggest parking there when the outfield fills up if this is the case.
3. The WILL begin diverting buses, RVs, and rigs to the fairgrounds when the NDSU designated parking is full. So, if you plan on bringing a rig, GET THERE EARLY. None of us serious folks will be at the fairgrounds, nor do you want to. Remember, you will be at the mercy of buses......
4. Cars, but not rigs, will be allowed to park in the McCart area. This will be a good option for late comers if other options are full. (I suspect this will fill quickly, so GET THERE EARLY unless you like fairgrounds and buses.)

Other parts of the conversation of interest:
2. This is the first major test they have had of the new parking plan and this will be a more common issue when the new arena is done. I had the impression that the parking will be very similar in the future.
3. They are excited having all the Bison fans come to town and he really wanted to clear up any confusion.

If they want a sell out then promote this as an event. Promote the tailgate aspect. More importantly make it so buses-rigs and all NDSU fans can tailgate together instead of splitting everyone up. The way they have it its confusing to some and makes no sense to others and for many just a freaking hassle which means they will stay away.

bisonmike2
10-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Just in case you're going to be tailgating with skunks, remember to not to put your dead skunks in the garbage. I'm not sure where you should dispose of them, just not in the garbage.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/dead-skunks-in-garbage-creating-stink-in-pierre/?id=138602

/yeah, it's Pierre but it's South Dakota. I'm sure Sioux Falls would respond similarly.

CAS4127
10-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Remember these lines from Gabe's thread-starting post:

"The USD thread was way too long so I condensed all the key points into a new thread. For those of you who are making last minute plans, this should cover all the points . . ."

Well, here we are over 100 posts and several pages later, and I am still confused on where the hell I am supposed to park for tailgating.

Tatanka
10-17-2012, 07:22 PM

"The USD thread was way too long so I condensed all the key points into a new thread. For those of you who are making last minute plans, this should cover all the points . . ."

Well, here we are over 100 posts and several pages later, and I am still confused on where the hell I am supposed to park for tailgating.:facepalm: Great. Now there will be another thread for sure.

EndZoneQB
10-17-2012, 07:26 PM

Well, here we are over 100 posts and several pages later, and I am still confused on where the hell I am supposed to park for tailgating.

Outfield lots by the baseball stadium. Book it Dan-o!

CAS4127
10-17-2012, 07:31 PM
:facepalm: Great. Now there will be another thread for sure.

LMAO-->didn't even think of that.

Outfield lots by the baseball stadium. Book it Dan-o!

Can you re-post the map?!

No, I am not kidding!!

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 07:33 PM

This map is correct. Sorry USD keeps making change after change. I've changee the map 3 times

CAS4127
10-17-2012, 07:36 PM
This map is correct. Sorry USD keeps making change after change. I've changee the map 3 times

Thanks. Now, which lot(s) by the field of pheasants are people talking about parking in?! Tryin' to shorten my reading.

roadwarrior
10-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks. Now, which lot(s) by the field of pheasants are people talking about parking in?! Tryin' to shorten my reading.

Just look for the Frisco Cruiser. (east of the baseball field)

56BISON73
10-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Lot E opens anytime you want to be there. Plus its close to the stadium. Dont know why that wouldnt be the place to go.

bisonmike2
10-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Has anyone posted this yet?

or this?

CaBisonFan
10-17-2012, 07:45 PM
High of 64 degrees predicted for Saturday. Should be a great day for tailgating.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Lot E opens anytime you want to be there. Plus its close to the stadium. Dont know why that wouldnt be the place to go.

Because, as the USD e-mail stated, "Lot E – Vendor/Women’s Expo/General parking (Open Anytime)." I suspect that lot will be very full, early in the AM, if the parking is as tight at they are saying. (This is a big, big conference I guess. Lot A will also be filled for this reason and the Stampede.)

The best best are the outfield areas which is exactly what we have been instructed to do. Further, those lots are not "split up" so I am not sure what you were referring to in your previous post. Honestly, those lots are bigger than you think as they are very long. Further, they are going to try to keep non-tailgating cars out per my conversation with Mr. Sullivan. Lot B is the place to overflow into.

Edit: I, like gabe, consider the attendance numbers embarrassing thus far. I am not even convinced we will fill those outfield lots with tailgaters. I remember Brookings last year, and I was very dissapointed in the showing, even though we were at least 50-50 with Jacks fans. Everyone who has harassed me about not getting to Fargo for every game has no excuse; the shoe is simply on the other foot and time for me to collect.

56BISON73
10-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Because, as the USD e-mail stated, "Lot E – Vendor/Women’s Expo/General parking (Open Anytime)." I suspect that lot will be very full, early in the AM, if the parking is as tight at they are saying. (This is a big, big conference I guess. Lot A will also be filled for this reason and the Stampede.)

The best best are the outfield areas which is exactly what we have been instructed to do. Further, those lots are not "split up" so I am not sure what you were referring to in your previous post. Honestly, those lots are bigger than you think as they are very long. Further, they are going to try to keep non-tailgating cars out per my conversation with Mr. Sullivan. Lot B is the place to overflow into.

Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated.

Will you be at Dave's Friday night? I plan on swinging out.

56BISON73
10-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Will you be at Dave's Friday night? I plan on swinging out.

I shall be there. We are having Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for dessert.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 07:57 PM

Look forward to seeing you.

CAS4127
10-17-2012, 08:01 PM

Look forward to seeing you.

:group: :rolleyes: :cool:

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2012, 08:13 PM
:group: :rolleyes: :cool:

I sure as hell hope you aren't coming........ :)

HerdBot
10-17-2012, 08:33 PM

Edit: I, like gabe, consider the attendance numbers embarrassing thus far. I am not even convinced we will fill those outfield lots with tailgaters. I remember Brookings last year, and I was very dissapointed in the showing, even though we were at least 50-50 with Jacks fans. Everyone who has harassed me about not getting to Fargo for every game has no excuse; the shoe is simply on the other foot and time for me to collect.

Traffic will be insane.

Stampede game traffic game starts 4:05 (people will start arriving by 3)
Womens Showcase ends at 5:00 and vendors will be tearing down
Football game starts at 6

If your not at the stadium and parked by 2 your pretty much fucked. I

CaBisonFan
10-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Traffic will be insane.

Stampede game traffic game starts 4:05 (people will start arriving by 3)
Womens Showcase ends at 5:00 and vendors will be tearing down
Football game starts at 6

If your not at the stadium and parked by 2 your pretty much fucked. I

Yeah...it'll be like the Hollywood Freeway at 4 pm. :biggrin:

roadwarrior
10-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Traffic won't be a problem for those that plan ahead.

For me, it's arrive at Sheraton friday afternoon, and leave sunday morning.

CAS4127
10-17-2012, 09:01 PM

You know, I really get sick of you quite often.

BlueBisonRock
10-17-2012, 09:11 PM

You know, I really get sick of you quite often.

You know CAS, it takes practice to get it right. Right Road?!!

roadwarrior
10-17-2012, 09:51 PM
When CAS last visited Howard Wood Field, he was probably on a bus and not worried about getting there on time.

CAS4127
10-17-2012, 09:53 PM
When CAS last visited Howard Wood Field, he was probably on a bus and not worried about getting there on time.

That is correct actually.

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2012, 02:13 AM
I hope you all know how much I'm looking forward to this. I can be there whenever on saturday. so what time are people getting it setup in the morning? please account for Friday night hangovers....

Jay
10-18-2012, 02:21 AM
I hope you all know how much I'm looking forward to this. I can be there whenever on saturday. so what time are people getting it setup in the morning? please account for Friday night hangovers....

Be there immediately Saturday morning. Can't get hangovers when you don't sleep!

I've been looking forward to this trip all season. Bringing two buddies that are quasi Bison fans... making converts. Time to show them what Bisonation does.

EndZoneQB
10-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Be there immediately Saturday morning. Can't get hangovers when you don't sleep!

I've been looking forward to this trip all season.

Agreed. This one I figured would be more fun than Fort Collins...and I had a freakin' blast there...

Jay
10-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Agreed. This one I figured would be more fun than Fort Collins...and I had a freakin' blast there...

All day tailgate, you guys. Gotta take advantage!

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2012, 01:15 PM

I've been looking forward to this trip all season. Bringing two buddies that are quasi Bison fans... making converts. Time to show them what Bisonation does.

Okay, I'll swing up in the morning. I do need to run to the dump that AM to get rid of some stuff, but then, I'll pack up and come up.

I hope folks like hickory smoked BBQ ribs on a charcoal grill.....

EndZoneQB
10-18-2012, 01:35 PM
All day tailgate, you guys. Gotta take advantage!

Exactly. All day tailgate with the FC and no rules...

Okay, I'll swing up in the morning. I do need to run to the dump that AM to get rid of some stuff, but then, I'll pack up and come up.

I hope folks like hickory smoked BBQ ribs on a charcoal grill.....

I have high standards. I better not taste any creosote...

Siouxfallsbison
10-18-2012, 02:28 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121018/SPORTS05/310180045/Garry-Time-Sioux-Falls-reunion?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports
Hope I copied this correctly. Good article in the Argus leader this morning.

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2012, 03:14 PM
I have high standards. I better not taste any creosote...

Please.......I use a charcoal grill with water soaked hickory chips. No liquid smoke for me, thank you very much.

EndZoneQB
10-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Please.......I use a charcoal grill with water soaked hickory chips. No liquid smoke for me, thank you very much.

I said creosote, not crap. Creosote, you know, from a smoldering fire. Makes your lips/mouth numb...

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I said creosote, not crap. Creosote, you know, from a smoldering fire. Makes your lips/mouth numb...

Creosote is also in liquid smoke; feel free to look it up.

The beauty of cooking on a small, charcoal Weber grill, aside from it tasting way better than crappy gas, is the temperature control is quite good. One I have a nice fire, I will add the hickory chips. I will then close my vents to where they are barely open, and then the wonder begins.....also makes it very hard to burn anything which must be what you are referring to.

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why I seem to be the only tailgater who knows how to use a charcoal grill.

TransAmBison
10-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Is that what MNLonghorn told you it was from? That's a good one. :rofl:

CAS4127
10-18-2012, 03:36 PM

Can we get some of that over at TOHBTC setup-->we'll put it on Tranny's food in hopes of containing (can't stop it) incessant chatter about basically nothing of substance.

Thanks-->POD!!

BisonNation11
10-18-2012, 03:54 PM
For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why I seem to be the only tailgater who knows how to use a charcoal grill.

A guy in our setup made his own charcoal smoker using a small Weber grill and a large boiling pot. I haven't taken the time to see how it works, but damn he cooks up some delicious food! Last home game (of the regular season) we will cooking a turkey covered in cheese on a charcoal grill. We did this last year and I can't wait to do it again this year! Most delicious turkey I have ever had!

BlueBisonRock
10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121018/SPORTS05/310180045/Garry-Time-Sioux-Falls-reunion?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Hope I copied this correctly. Good article in the Argus leader this morning.

Nice article. I especially enjoyed this quote:

As USD re-enters the world of geography-based rivalries, connections between the Coyotes and the people they’re competing against get more prevalent.

I shed a small tear for the institution with no name up north. (not really, I smiled)

I was impressed to see the number of athletes coming out of your High School!

EndZoneQB
10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Creosote is also in liquid smoke; feel free to look it up.

The beauty of cooking on a small, charcoal Weber grill, aside from it tasting way better than crappy gas, is the temperature control is quite good. One I have a nice fire, I will add the hickory chips. I will then close my vents to where they are barely open, and then the wonder begins.....also makes it very hard to burn anything which must be what you are referring to.

Just so you know, I know a thing or two about BBQ lol. Creosote happens from starving the fire from airflow, creating a stagnant effect and a cold fire. I'm just giving you shit, but seriously, I've had smoked foods from others where the creosote was so bad it was inedible. Hell, I've done it myself it's too cold and windy out to keep the fire hot, so it smolders. Your smoke should almost be clear...

Bison81
10-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Anone out there traveling from Roch-Lacrosse-Mankato want to car pool to game? would like to get there a couple hrs.early? you PM me.thanks

bruinbison
10-18-2012, 04:39 PM
South Dakota "Yote gameday".....

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sdak/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/release/release_20121017aaa.pdf

Something that caught my eye - there is a precedence for the Coyotes to play a N.D. school in Sioux Falls -
Yep, theee Fightin' Irish :fight: , twice played from 1913-1917.

They play a 3-4 D, so Bison get more practice against that.....
Only one blowout loss for this 1-5 team, against Northwestern. Next worse point spread was in Missoula to the Griz, 35-24, 1st game of season. And hey, they did beat Colgate at home - hope it was a sell-out :)

BisonNation11
10-18-2012, 04:41 PM
linky doesn't work

bruinbison
10-18-2012, 04:45 PM
linky doesn't work

working for me - try again - i was messin with it on an edit, you may have hit it right then

CAS4127
10-18-2012, 04:57 PM
working for me - try again - i was messin with it on an edit, you may have hit it right then

Still doesn't work!!

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Just so you know, I know a thing or two about BBQ lol. Creosote happens from starving the fire from airflow, creating a stagnant effect and a cold fire. I'm just giving you shit, but seriously, I've had smoked foods from others where the creosote was so bad it was inedible. Hell, I've done it myself it's too cold and windy out to keep the fire hot, so it smolders. Your smoke should almost be clear...

I've never had that happen before. The Weber's really do have great airflow, so since I always have the vents cracked, I am sure that is why it works so well without the problem above. Fire stays plenty warm, yet under control.

EndZoneQB
10-18-2012, 05:35 PM
I've never had that happen before. The Weber's really do have great airflow, so since I always have the vents cracked, I am sure that is why it works so well without the problem above. Fire stays plenty warm, yet under control.

Helps when it's slightly insulated and not -25 with a 20mph wind. Using charcoal to assist definitely helps because it maintains hot coals. I usually use a little hardwood lump with my wood chunks, helps get it started and it adds smokey flavor itself...

bruinbison
10-18-2012, 05:35 PM
South Dakota "Yote gameday".....

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sdak/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/release/release_20121017aaa.pdf

Something that caught my eye - there is a precedence for the Coyotes to play a N.D. school in Sioux Falls -
Yep, theee Fightin' Irish :fight: , twice played from 1913-1917.

They play a 3-4 D, so Bison get more practice against that.....
Only one blowout loss for this 1-5 team, against Northwestern. Next worse point spread was in Missoula to the Griz, 35-24, 1st game of season. And hey, they did beat Colgate at home - hope it was a sell-out :)

Let's see if this link works - don't know why the link # to USD changed from the previous attempt

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sdak/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/release/release_20121018aaa.pdf

KTF
10-18-2012, 05:41 PM
I've never had that happen before. The Weber's really do have great airflow, so since I always have the vents cracked, I am sure that is why it works so well without the problem above. Fire stays plenty warm, yet under control.Took me all summer but I finally had a "complete" smoke with my brinkmann this past weekend. The TBS was nearly invisible, held 250 degrees for nearly 8 hours. The two 6lb pork shoulders were amazing...

devin45k
10-18-2012, 06:00 PM
section M
row W
seats 16 and 17

I am pumped for this!

goyotes
10-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Thought the Bison faithful might enjoy this pregame publication by RedEye Sports. http://issuu.com/printsourcenetwork/docs/red_eye_october_2-2012_lowrez/1 It is a supplement to a weekly advertising publication in then Vermillion area and the articles were all written before last weekends games, but does include a real good story (similar to the one in today's Argus Leader) about the former Sioux Falls teammates now playing against each other this coming weekend.

Safe travels to the Bison fans heading south. (Don't know what the wind is like in ND, but if anything like SD, just strap on a sail to your tailgating rigs and you could make the trip in less than 2 hours if you made the trip today)

HerdBot
10-18-2012, 06:07 PM

Section
M **10-25 yard line**

Apparent Yote Side
Section
A (tons of seats) *between goal line and 10* (16 rows up)

Wow 24 hours later and little or no movement on Bison or Yote sides. Looks like Yote fans picked up the remaining good seats in section B a d E but tickets are still available in almost the exact same rows. Hopefully this has a good Bison walk up. Maybe Yote fans are used to waiting to buy at the gate.

If i had to guess its probably 55 Yote 45 Bison but Yotes will have no shows for season tick holders . whoever gets the majority of the remaining seats will have the majority... either way were louder

Round up a few more buddies and lets own this stadium

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Took me all summer but I finally had a "complete" smoke with my brinkmann this past weekend. The TBS was nearly invisible, held 250 degrees for nearly 8 hours. The two 6lb pork shoulders were amazing...

Sadly, I don't have enough time to do a long term cook as you can imagine, but I have a recipe that works pretty darn well as you will see....

CAS4127
10-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Thought the Bison faithful might enjoy this pregame publication by RedEye Sports. http://issuu.com/printsourcenetwork/docs/red_eye_october_2-2012_lowrez/1 It is a supplement to a weekly advertising publication in then Vermillion area and the articles were all written before last weekends games, but does include a real good story (similar to the one in today's Argus Leader) about the former Sioux Falls teammates now playing against each other this coming weekend.

Safe travels to the Bison fans heading south. (Don't know what the wind is like in ND, but if anything like SD, just strap on a sail to your tailgating rigs and you could make the trip in less than 2 hours if you made the trip today)

Thanks, and good luck. I predict a close game, with either team having a chance to win at the end. Don't like that, but that is what I think is gonna happen!

EndZoneQB
10-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Sadly, I don't have enough time to do a long term cook as you can imagine, but I have a recipe that works pretty darn well as you will see....

What kind of method do you use for your ribs? I generally do a 3-2-1 method. 3 hours dry rub smoked, then pull and wrap tightly in foil for 2 hours...after an hour add a little sauce...

IzzyFlexion
10-18-2012, 08:20 PM

Gee. I'd sure rather get blown ON the highway vs off.

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2012, 08:56 PM
What kind of method do you use for your ribs? I generally do a 3-2-1 method. 3 hours dry rub smoked, then pull and wrap tightly in foil for 2 hours...after an hour add a little sauce...

How can I reveal my secrets? Honestly, you will probably be surprised at how simple my recipe is, yet tastes so good which makes them ideal for tailgating when you don't have hours and hours to spare. (Well, perhaps you would for this game, but that is over my trouble tolerance level.) (Had my brother once raving better than Famous Daves; I am a little skeptical of that, but they are good.) I am not much into rubs; just like some good old Rich and Sassy on there from Famous Daves. The charcoal and hickory provide the rest of the flavor. I get good quality meat which is the biggest key.

TransAmBison
10-18-2012, 08:59 PM
You just lots ez with this post. check neg rep from Leghorn.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Saw this on facebook and thought I'd post it here....

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/23878_10151284829489532_465986942_n.jpg

EndZoneQB
10-18-2012, 09:51 PM
How can I reveal my secrets? Honestly, you will probably be surprised at how simple my recipe is, yet tastes so good which makes them ideal for tailgating when you don't have hours and hours to spare. (Well, perhaps you would for this game, but that is over my trouble tolerance level.) (Had my brother once raving better than Famous Daves; I am a little skeptical of that, but they are good.) I am not much into rubs; just like some good old Rich and Sassy on there from Famous Daves. The charcoal and hickory provide the rest of the flavor. I get good quality meat which is the biggest key.

If they aren't better than Famous Dave's, you might as well just hang it up now and let the pros take it from here :). While quality meat is important, it's definitely not the key to a good final product. I use cheap Wal-Mart briskets as does most of Texas(or Costco, either way) and they turn out fantastic. With ribs, it's more about the butcher IMO...if he pulls off the silver skin, etc. As for hours to spare, I would get my briskets going at about 530ish PM(prepped the night before, rub should be on 12-24hrs before it hits the smoke) and I would pull it off around 3-4 AM, throw them in the oven, and slice before I headed off to tailgating at 6am. No excuse for not having time for a 5hr cook ;) 5pm - 10pm the night before, keep them wrapped in the fridge overnight, then reheat on a grill before serving.

You just lots ez with this post. check neg rep from Leghorn.

Yep, this bro is mad.

CAS4127
10-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Do we need an effing Iron Chef thread?!?

Where am I parking again?!

HerdBot
10-18-2012, 10:41 PM

Dont give me any ideas

EndZoneQB
10-18-2012, 10:58 PM

East side of the outfield for us. East or South are both open as well as the Sheraton for guests.

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2012, 11:34 PM
If they aren't better than Famous Dave's, you might as well just hang it up now and let the pros take it from here :). While quality meat is important, it's definitely not the key to a good final product. I use cheap Wal-Mart briskets as does most of Texas(or Costco, either way) and they turn out fantastic. With ribs, it's more about the butcher IMO...if he pulls off the silver skin, etc. As for hours to spare, I would get my briskets going at about 530ish PM(prepped the night before, rub should be on 12-24hrs before it hits the smoke) and I would pull it off around 3-4 AM, throw them in the oven, and slice before I headed off to tailgating at 6am. No excuse for not having time for a 5hr cook ;) 5pm - 10pm the night before, keep them wrapped in the fridge overnight, then reheat on a grill before serving.

Yep, this bro is mad.

I bow before the master. You mind bringing some sauce? I'll be happy to use it.

EndZoneQB
10-19-2012, 12:03 AM

Haha, it ain't even like that, just like discussing BBQ. And of course, giving my .02 lol.

For sauce, I don't really use any for anything other than wrapping my ribs. I like to let the meat shine by itself, so I don't really make any sauce myself*. I've only made some vinegar sauce for my pulled pork. However, I know some people like sauce, so I generally bring Stubbs(out of Austin, TX) brand to serve...so that's generally what I throw on my ribs. Just the Stubbs Original sauce is all I use...has a little bite but not overwhelming.

*I can't lie tho, I do usually put sauce on pulled chicken when I bring it tailgating...it tends to get dry in the crockpot all day as a reheat.

56BISON73
10-19-2012, 12:36 AM

I have some Whole Hog Cafe sauce that is a mixture of there #2 and #3 plus some Black Dog BBQ sauce added in. If you would like to use it you are more than welcome.

MNLonghorn10
10-19-2012, 02:37 AM
apple pie has just been thrown onto the stove.

BisonNation11
10-19-2012, 03:35 AM
apple pie has just been thrown onto the stove.

We have a 2 year old bottle of apple pie that will be cracked, enjoyed, and finished this weekend! First taste in T-minus 24 hours!

BadlandsBison
10-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Picking up a BV'r from the Fargo airport early afternoon then off the estate north of SF. Happy this wind is finally subsiding in western ND, nearly blew my mind pun intended. Gas mileage should be close to normal again.

EndZoneQB
10-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Picking up a BV'r from the Fargo airport early afternoon then off the estate north of SF. Happy this wind is finally subsiding in western ND, nearly blew my mind pun intended. Gas mileage should be close to normal again.

Yeah, we need this wind gone for the bus trip...unless its 100% a tail wind haha. It'd be nice if it stopped raining too...no windshield wipers...

56BISON73
10-19-2012, 03:53 AM
The Battle Wagon Trailer will be making the trip. Sausage will be served.

CAS4127
10-19-2012, 04:01 AM
The Battle Wagon Trailer will be making the trip. Sausage will be served.

Most excellent!!

IzzyFlexion
10-19-2012, 02:01 PM
*I can't lie tho, I do usually get sauce out of the pulled chicken when I bring it tailgating...it tends to get dry in the crockpot all day as a reheat.

Yeah, we need this wind gone for the bus trip...unless its 100% a tail wind haha. It'd be nice if it stopped raining too...no windshield wipers...

Hey man. Just make sure that you have enough sauce left for the 2nd time you pull the chicken. I'd be extra careful aroung the crock pot though. :biggrin:

HandoEX
10-19-2012, 02:22 PM
The chance of rain looks to be 20% or less in Fargo, Watertown, and Sioux Falls at 6PM and 0% after 7PM the entire trip. The wind will be at our back at about 10mph. Sounds about perfect.

THEsocalledfan
10-19-2012, 02:29 PM
The chance of rain looks to be 20% or less in Fargo, Watertown, and Sioux Falls at 6PM and 0% after 7PM the entire trip. The wind will be at our back at about 10mph. Sounds about perfect.

Didn't you guys literally have a wheel come off last year?

SDbison
10-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Excerpt from a 10/15/12 Sioux Falls Argus Leader article talking about attendance for this game........notice the slip in choice of words as bolded below (ha ha how funny and appropriate):
Ticket sales have been good, we’ve seen a lot of activity both online and through our ticket office,” said Sayler, who announced in April, in conjunction with the Sioux Falls Sports Authority, that the NDSU home game would be in Sioux Falls. “We’re at 8,000 and we’re hoping that number continues to grow this week.”Barring a blizzard that causes I-29 to be blocked off Saturday morning, a large contingent of NDSU fans expect to attend the game.
Sayler does not have numbers on exactly how large, but acknowledged the Bison would be well-represented.
“In a general sense we can assume they’ll have a lot of people here,” he said. “They’ve brought along a lot of fans across the board, to all games they play, and their attendance for games in this state in the past has been consistently strong.

HandoEX
10-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Didn't you guys literally have a wheel come off last year?
No, a retread on one of the duals started losing rubber just south of Fargo. We got new tires all around this week.

MNLonghorn10
10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Just a loud noise came up anything over 40...we just turned the stereo louder...problem solved

TransAmBison
10-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Just a loud noise came up anything over 40...we just turned the stereo louder...problem solved

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2Same for when ez is talking?

MNLonghorn10
10-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Same for when ez is talking?

We just put our ear plugs in...and nod

EndZoneQB
10-19-2012, 03:35 PM

Mudflaps broke when that cap came off lol We(Boomer) is cutting the mudflaps off so no more noise haha

Same for when ez is talking?

Exactly why we have such a big stereo. Why else do you think they haven't let me get a microphone yet...?

TransAmBison
10-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Mudflaps broke when that cap came off lol We(Boomer) is cutting the mudflaps off so no more noise haha

Exactly why we have such a big stereo. Why else do you think they haven't let me get a microphone yet...?http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Battlewagon/EeZZ86wPRkquwcI4pNyW1Q2.jpg

Da_Bizon
10-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Section J, Row L with the Wife, NDSUstudent +1. Staying at the Sheraton.

bisonmike2
10-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Section h somewhere. Staying at the Sheraton.

TbonZach
10-20-2012, 08:34 PM
How are the lots? (Specifically lot B by the events center) I just got into town and would like to know if I should go there or just head to the fairgrounds.

Section H row E seat 8

bisonmike2
10-20-2012, 08:41 PM
As overheard by a USD guy sitting behind me at bww. "KHoly shit. Those NDSU fans are the real deal."

bisonmike2
10-20-2012, 08:50 PM
How are the lots? (Specifically lot B by the events center) I just got into town and would like to know if I should go there or just head to the fairgrounds.

Section H row E seat 8

The lot to the east of the hotel is full. The tailgating lots by the baseball stadium are also full.

TbonZach
10-20-2012, 08:57 PM
The lot to the east of the hotel is full. The tailgating lots by the baseball stadium are also full.

Damn it. Is there somewhere decent to park over there or am I relegated to the fairgrounds?

bisonmike2
10-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Damn it. Is there somewhere decent to park over there or am I relegated to the fairgrounds?
Not sure. I've been at bww for the past hour.

TbonZach
10-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Ha ha! Success! Street parking for the win!