PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Carlin Dupree!!!

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Combo guard Carlin Dupree. 6'3 from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Milwaukee Bayview. Very long athletic guard. Hard nosed scoring combo guard.

Kermit
10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Combo guard Carlin Dupree. 6'3 from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Milwaukee Bayview. Very long athletic guard. Hard nosed scoring combo guard.

http://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/182480?referrer_id=532585

Though senior point guard Carlin Dupree of Milwaukee Bay View isn’t always mentioned as one of the elite players in the City Conference, that perception is beginning to change.

Indeed, Dupree is starting to generate plenty of buzz, both within and outside of City Conference circles.

The long, athletic and ever-improving 6-foot-3 lead guard plans to take an official visit to North Dakota State October 12-13, and he is also beginning to receive strong recruiting interest from other NCAA Division I schools across the country.

HandoEX
10-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Nice, welcome to NDSU, Carlin! Time to watch some film in between Vikings plays this afternoon.

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Carlin Dupree, 6-3, Sr., PG, Milwaukee Bay View
Talented, athletic and long, Dupree has the size and skill package to play at the highest level of college basketball. He may need another year of seasoning beyond high school to put everything together, but there is no denying his immense talent and potential. Loves to compete and can make shots while also consistently finding open teammates.

Found that on a write up after he was named to an all tournament team.

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
This is from when he was at the Ohio State Camp.

http://buckeyeprep.blogspot.com/2011/03/buckeye-prep-elite-showcase-top.html

Davis was not the only player with freakish bounce; Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s Carlin Dupree put on his own dunking show this past weekend, as he had several highlight dunks of his own. Dupree is a 6’5 combo guard from Bay View High School in Milwaukee. All I can say, I’m glad he made the long trip to Columbus, because he was a pleasue to watch. Some of the other standout performers included: DeAndre Martin, Dejorr Gibson, John Roberts, Javon Bess, Trajan Seay (Michigan) and Jaylen Tucker. See the list of the other all-stars in the accompanying story.

ndsubison1
10-14-2012, 09:07 PM
any video on him?

NDSUstudent
10-14-2012, 09:09 PM
any video on him?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1538986/carlin-dupree

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I am going to try to post some video tomorrow.

Kermit
10-14-2012, 09:21 PM
This is from when he was at the Ohio State Camp.

http://buckeyeprep.blogspot.com/2011/03/buckeye-prep-elite-showcase-top.html

Davis was not the only player with freakish bounce; Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s Carlin Dupree put on his own dunking show this past weekend, as he had several highlight dunks of his own. Dupree is a 6’5 combo guard from Bay View High School in Milwaukee. All I can say, I’m glad he made the long trip to Columbus, because he was a pleasue to watch. Some of the other standout performers included: DeAndre Martin, Dejorr Gibson, John Roberts, Javon Bess, Trajan Seay (Michigan) and Jaylen Tucker. See the list of the other all-stars in the accompanying story.

The guy who wrote that must have been excited. Dupree's high school coach says he is more like 6'2", maybe 6'3" now.

Kermit
10-14-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/185034

“Carlin liked the fact the coaches and players from North Dakota State were low key,” Bay View coach Tyler Podoll said. “He’s kind of a low-key person himself. I believe he could have gotten a scholarship offer from a De Paul or a Providence had he waited, but he really liked North Dakota State.”

ndsubison1
10-14-2012, 10:08 PM
looks like a good get. give us more athleticism

HoopsBison
10-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Great news!

Correct me if im wrong but Durpee fills the last scholarship available for 2013

Mr. Burgundy
10-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Great news!

Correct me if im wrong but Durpee fills the last scholarship available for 2013

Correct. Jacobson and Dupree

herdmember
10-15-2012, 03:06 AM
This guy sounds exciting.

Please correct what's wrong, but by my calculations this will be the lineup so far for 2014/2015. (which should most likely be the first year in the renovated BSA)

1 and 2 spots - LA, Lindberg, Brown, Dupree
3 and 4 spots - VandenBergh, AJ, Werner
5 - Kading

+ 5 open scholarships for 2014, need some big guys in that class. Makes sense though to lock down guards since LA and Lindberg will be seniors that year.

Kermit
10-15-2012, 05:36 AM
This guy sounds exciting.

Please correct what's wrong, but by my calculations this will be the lineup so far for 2014/2015. (which should most likely be the first year in the renovated BSA)

1 and 2 spots - LA, Lindberg, Brown, Dupree
3 and 4 spots - VandenBergh, AJ, Werner
5 - Kading

+ 5 open scholarships for 2014, need some big guys in that class. Makes sense though to lock down guards since LA and Lindberg will be seniors that year.

Looks pretty good. Brown can probably play some 3 (lots of teams going 3 guards these days, especially at our level).

fbmind
10-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Here's some highlights of Carlin (#20) last year against Menomonee Falls (their stud is JP Tokoto who is now at North Carolina...has some unreal highlights in this one)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOEvOD2AJXg

HoopsBison
10-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Damn, that number 10 from the white teams jumps out on this film.

Carlin looks to have great touch and stands out a lot on offense. Just one video so not sure if this is a trend or not but seemed a little lack luster on defense.

Still very excited to have with the Bison!

bruinbison
10-17-2012, 06:47 PM
The writer got a little ahead of himself saying in the title Dupree signed, not signing period yet, but it is a nice article. As a transfer, could not play varsity as a soph, so that fits in with how his profile is rising. 2nd team all-city last year so his future is bright.

"The commitment, however, is the latest sign that Dupree's profile is rising."........

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/wisconsin-lutheran-standout-signs-with-ndsu-fm78lld-174510711.html

steelbison
10-22-2012, 03:13 PM

Carlin looks to have great touch and stands out a lot on offense. Just one video so not sure if this is a trend or not but seemed a little lack luster on defense.

Yes, number 10 is a player. He's playing for Roy Williams right now...

Good luck to Carlin on his upcoming season! Hope to see him in a Bison uniform next year!

bisonsupporter
10-22-2012, 06:53 PM

Agree from this video. #4 in white crossed him over a couple times and went right around him.