PDA

View Full Version : Who's In the Conference Driver's Seat?

CaBisonFan
10-14-2012, 01:44 AM
South Dakota State appears to be the team to beat. They have Youngstown State and Northern Iowa coming up.

I'll predict that they win both. Could be a big showdown in Fargo on November 10th. We could be the underdog.

BisoninNWMN
10-14-2012, 02:12 AM
South Dakota State appears to be the team to beat. They have Youngstown State and Northern Iowa coming up.

I'll predict that they win both. Could be a big showdown in Fargo on November 10th. We could be the underdog.

You kidding me?

We will not be an underdog in the FD. Trees played a good game. Sh** like this happens. Bison give up only 197 yards and a FG on defense....cannot ask anymore than that.

Brock had a bad day.....it's over and let's all move on.

HerdBot
10-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Tough call. Obviously UNI, Missouri State, South Dakota, and Western Illinois are finished.

Between NDSU, Youngstown, Southern Illinois, SDSU, Indiana State, and Illinois State its anyones game. SDSU is in the drivers seat but I doubt they will go undefeated.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-14-2012, 02:41 AM
SDSU hasn't played anyone yet. Still a long season and after it all works out, we will come out on top.

HerdBot
10-14-2012, 02:43 AM
SDSU hasn't played anyone yet. Still a long season and after it all works out, we will come out on top.

They beat Indiana State but I agree their toughest games are ahead of them.

344Johnson
10-14-2012, 02:46 AM
I think that it will come down to us, ISU-R, and SDSU.

I think we win the conference.

Say we win out, what seed you guys reckon we end up with?

NDSUstudent
Yes, SDSU still has to play the flightless birds, the malnourished dogs in Carbondale and of course the mighty herd at the dome.

I think they also travel to UNI next week and I expect at some point the Panthers will win a DI game.

BisoninNWMN
The Bison are still in the driver's seat. We control our own destiny.

NDSUstudent
10-14-2012, 02:47 AM

1 or 2 seed.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-14-2012, 02:50 AM

Still a lot of season to go. A lot of stuff can happen. It all depends how the teams above us do. One more week like this, minus us losing, and we could be right back in the number 1 spot. You never know what is going to happen with 5 weeks of football to play.

Like I said earlier, the conference race suddenly became a lot more interesting.

CaBisonFan
10-14-2012, 03:15 AM
You kidding me?

We will not be an underdog in the FD. Trees played a good game. Sh** like this happens. Bison give up only 197 yards and a FG on defense....cannot ask anymore than that.

Brock had a bad day.....it's over and let's all move on.

.....wink.....

moundbz
10-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Let's not forget all 4 of the top 4 nationally lost today, Bison will barely drop from #1 James Madison new number 1 maybe? Coaches poll that is.

RowdyRabbit
10-14-2012, 03:44 AM
SDSU may be on top of the Valley record-wise, but rest assured, NDSU is still the team to beat.

Our remaining Valley games

@at UNI
vs YSU
at SIU
at NDSU
vs USD

are all going to be tough.

I have no clue what to make of UNI this year. Are they as bad as their record? I can't believe they lost today. That just makes playing them even harder because they are playing the role of spoiler.

We always seem to match up well vs YSU (I'm almost positive we're 4-0 against them since joining the valley.)

SIU is another team I can't make heads or tails of.

NDSU will be a longshot in Fargo.

It will be USD's superbowl. (and maybe, just maybe, depending if we're fighting for a playoff spot still, we pull starters early to save them for playoffs? Unlikely I guess, but I don't know.)

Bisonguy
10-14-2012, 03:51 AM
SDSU may be on top of the Valley record-wise, but rest assured, NDSU is still the team to beat.

Our remaining Valley games

@at UNI
vs YSU
at SIU
at NDSU
vs USD

are all going to be tough.

I have no clue what to make of UNI this year. Are they as bad as their record? I can't believe they lost today. That just makes playing them even harder because they are playing the role of spoiler.

We always seem to match up well vs YSU (I'm almost positive we're 4-0 against them since joining the valley.)

SIU is another team I can't make heads or tails of.

NDSU will be a longshot in Fargo.

It will be USD's superbowl. (and maybe, just maybe, depending if we're fighting for a playoff spot still, we pull starters early to save them for playoffs? Unlikely I guess, but I don't know.)

You don't pull starters to save them for the playoffs unless you're UNI and don't like hosting games.

RowdyRabbit
10-14-2012, 04:05 AM
You don't pull starters to save them for the playoffs unless you're UNI and don't like hosting games.

I just wonder if even if the record is there if SDSU has a realistic shot of hosting a game....unless we're seeded I suppose but I'm guessing that probably wouldn't be the case.

Rynomite
10-14-2012, 04:41 AM
For real... It was a bad game. We are all allowed it! Doubt it will affect our playoff position. I still predict we give up less than 30 points in the remainder of the season. Come on. And for those 30 points we give up, I promise we will take close to 200 offensive points.

CaBisonFan
10-14-2012, 04:42 AM

I respectfully agree...sort of.

Hammerhead
10-14-2012, 05:48 AM
If we manage to finish with only one loss, there is a chance we could earn home field through the semifinals again.

ndsubison1
10-14-2012, 07:00 AM

sdsu still hasnt played us, uni or ysu. plus @siu. ill st. still has to go to ISUB, and UNI. plus us at home. ISUB vs Ill St ajd @ YSU. I have a feeling it's gonna come down to our game with Ill St. winner takes the MVC

Grizzled
10-14-2012, 12:00 PM
I agree with ming's post above. After seeing what I have the last couple weeks, I think Youngstown is overrated and lose at least 2 more. We'll find out a little more about SDSU in the coming weeks.

The game between us and Ill. St. at the end of the year will be our conference championship game.

jimmyptubas
10-14-2012, 12:46 PM
I agree with ming's post above. After seeing what I have the last couple weeks, I think Youngstown is overrated and lose at least 2 more. We'll find out a little more about SDSU in the coming weeks.

The game between us and Ill. St. at the end of the year will be our conference championship game.

SDSu should fade and we will settle the conference in Normal illinois in November!

Dutcher
10-14-2012, 01:28 PM
I believe SDSU will go 2-3 over the next five weeks. Losses to UNI, SI and NDSU. Lucky to be playing YSU for homecoming. Even their season ending game at home on 11/17 will be tough as it is against USD and rival games are never easy. So, SDSU could easily go 0-5 over the next five weeks.

semobison
10-14-2012, 04:08 PM
I believe SDSU will go 2-3 over the next five weeks. Losses to UNI, SI and NDSU. Lucky to be playing YSU for homecoming. Even their season ending game at home on 11/17 will be tough as it is against USD and rival games are never easy. So, SDSU could easily go 0-5 over the next five weeks.

Huh! What has you believeing the Jacks could easily go 0-5?? Not uncluding the Bison, their 4 remaining opponents have a combined 4-9 record in conference play while our 4 remaining opponents are 7-7! Not saying what you stated couldn't happen but what are you looking at, your green and gold crystal ball! I think the Jacks are for real and the marker game is going to be big in determining the conference championship!

BISON1434er
10-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Whoever stays the most healthy through the rest of the season will be in the drivers seat. We had some guys banged up yesterday, and if it keeps compounding for the next couple of weeks we could be in trouble in November. Every team has this happen, but there will probably be a team that gets through it a lot smoother then the rest of teams in the conference. Our defense will keep us in any game, but one mistake in this conference on Saturday can turn into a loss.

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2012, 11:28 PM
The Bison are still in the driver's seat. We control our own destiny.

Yep.
Coming off of a ticket for an unsafe lane change will be thrown out of traffic court after next week's Yote beat down! :biggrin:

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Every one here is not looking at the possibility that ISUb wins out. As it stands right now, there are 5 teams that have a shot a the conference title. It wouldn't suprise me if we end up with a three way tie for the conference championship.

All the team can do is take care of our own schedule and let the chips fall where they may. If we don't play any better than we did yesterday, then we will be watching the playoffs from at home.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Whoever stays the most healthy through the rest of the season will be in the drivers seat. We had some guys banged up yesterday, and if it keeps compounding for the next couple of weeks we could be in trouble in November. Every team has this happen, but there will probably be a team that gets through it a lot smoother then the rest of teams in the conference. Our defense will keep us in any game, but one mistake in this conference on Saturday can turn into a loss.

Speaking of that.. What is the significance to Vraa's injury? We need that deep thread later in the season. Also Grothman?

HerdBot
10-15-2012, 02:27 AM
Ou
Every one here is not looking at the possibility that ISUb wins out. As it stands right now, there are 5 teams that have a shot a the conference title. It wouldn't suprise me if we end up with a three way tie for the conference championship.

All the team can do is take care of our own schedule and let the chips fall where they may. If we don't play any better than we did yesterday, then we will be watching the playoffs from at home.

Isu blue schedule

@ wiu *moderate easy win but the letdown factor?
South Dakota *easy win*
Illinois state *tough*
@youngstown *tough*

If shakir bell is out its going to be tough to run the table. Lets hope they have a letdown on the road at western Illinois

South Dakota State
@ Northern iowa
Youngstown
@siu
@ndsu
South Dakota

Southern Illinois
@Youngstown
@ndsu
Sdsu
Wiu

Illinois State
Missouri st
@uni
@indiana state
Ndsu

NDSU
@South Dakota
SIU
@Missouri State
SDSU
@Illinois St

Even if isu blue runs the table we would get a really high at large ranking, like Montana State and UNI last year. But u have to figure half the teams will get a 2nd loss just by playing each other.