PDA

View Full Version : student tickets?

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-13-2012, 08:42 PM
How do you advertise a sellout for 2 months, yet an entire section of student tickets sit empty? Those tickets need to be sold to the public. Bet ndsu could have sold the tickets Friday or Saturday instead of having them empty.

Buthockey
10-13-2012, 08:49 PM
How do you advertise a sellout for 2 months, yet an entire section of student tickets sit empty? Those tickets need to be sold to the public. Bet ndsu could have sold the tickets Friday or Saturday instead of having them empty.
Love the username eh! Tell em how the puckers do it superpucker!

heckler
10-13-2012, 11:29 PM
No one cares what you say until you change your username.

Rockbear99
10-13-2012, 11:39 PM
No one cares what you say until you change your username.

I agree with this. Notice that Hockey is before football for this guy.

Bisonguy
10-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Fire the students, save the season!

344Johnson
10-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Disappointed with the student turnout. What the hell? They should probably quit distributing student tickets Wednesday at midnight and allow fans to buy them up if there are leftovers.

Rynomite
10-14-2012, 02:51 AM

It was irritating to see students complaining so much because they didn't get a ticket to homecoming and then the facebook bison page had to beg students to get tix for today's game. I think if they are not reserved by thursday night, Friday should be open for general admission access. I don't like to see empty seats.

344Johnson
10-14-2012, 02:54 AM
It was irritating to see students complaining so much because they didn't get a ticket to homecoming and then the facebook bison page had to beg students to get tix for today's game. I think if they are not reserved by thursday night, Friday should be open for general admission access. I don't like to see empty seats.

Is it sad that I think that NDSU's dominance(until today obviously) has to an extent, driven some students away? Watching blowouts obviously isn't as fun as watching a good game. While today was extremely frustrating, it was still a good game to watch.

HerdBot
10-14-2012, 03:01 AM

I dont understand why every year after homecoming we have to beg students to show up. It was a perfect day. Great weather. 3 pm start. Great opponent. Lame. Sell the tickets.

missingnumber7
10-14-2012, 04:04 AM
Is it sad that I think that NDSU's dominance(until today obviously) has to an extent, driven some students away? Watching blowouts obviously isn't as fun as watching a good game. While today was extremely frustrating, it was still a good game to watch.There has always been issues getting students to come to games and fill up their section. Much more on Pheasant/Deer openers, but it has little to do with how good or bad the team is. For the most part it is a social event and they would rather be elsewhere. I remember the outcry when they moved the band, it took away a section that some students like sitting in. And games were still tragically empty.

Rynomite
10-14-2012, 04:28 AM
There has always been issues getting students to come to games and fill up their section. Much more on Pheasant/Deer openers, but it has little to do with how good or bad the team is. For the most part it is a social event and they would rather be elsewhere. I remember the outcry when they moved the band, it took away a section that some students like sitting in. And games were still tragically empty.

Yup! till you grow up and realize that remaining drunk from 8am till midnight is boring....

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-14-2012, 03:28 PM
I dont understand why every year after homecoming we have to beg students to show up. It was a perfect day. Great weather. 3 pm start. Great opponent. Lame. Sell the tickets.

Why beg the students at all? If they dont want to showup for the games then sell the tickets to the public on Thursday or Friday. This has been an issue every year and becomes obvious now that every other ticket in the dome is sold. Maybe just take the endzone student tickets away all together. If they use all of their tickets for every home game for an entire year, then give them part of a section back.

BISON1434er
10-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Just like any other Pheasant opener or deer opener from prior years, there is a drop in student attendance. They should sell a certain percentage of tickets not claimed as GA in a season where the dome is sold out. However, there were several reserved tickets that were being sold in the tailgating lot, and I think that anyone that showed up looking for a ticket got into the game.

56BISON73
11-11-2013, 03:34 AM
Talked to a student from NDSU at dinner this evening in Clearbrook MN. I asked what he was doing at home since the Bison played at home this weekend. He stated that he was unable to get his ticket because they are all gone in about an hour. Is this true?

Tatanka
11-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Talked to a student from NDSU at dinner this evening in Clearbrook MN. I asked what he was doing at home since the Bison played at home this weekend. He stated that he was unable to get his ticket because they are all gone in about an hour. Is this true?

Most weekends, yes. This weekend, not by a long shot. There were hundreds left.

SamsRams
11-11-2013, 06:01 AM
They were trying to get students to claim tickets as late add Wednesday. Every other game had been under an hour

reformedUNDfan
11-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Some students have probably stopped trying to get tickets, and never really thought about doing it for this weekend.

BisonHorns
11-11-2013, 12:40 PM
I like the student section but if they don't fill the seats every game it needs to shrink. I love my grandmas too but I don't set out ten chairs at thanksgiving for the two grandmas that come.

1998braves64
11-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Other than Friday students have attended well based on appearance at beginning of game its the staying until the end has been a problem until last weekend which was pretty much expected considering. So taking tickets away would be like saying since we only average 18000 a game we are only going to sell that many tickets.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

bisonaudit
11-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Other than Friday students have attended well based on appearance at beginning of game its the staying until the end has been a problem until last weekend which was pretty much expected considering. So taking tickets away would be like saying since we only average 18000 a game we are only going to sell that many tickets.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

I agree. Talk of taking tickets away from the students is ridiculous. If you want to work out a resell and revenue share with student government for the increasingly rare occasions where they don't claim all of their tickets, fine, but it's silly to talk about reducing the allotment when the only time all year there's been any hint of an issue is the same weekend that joe citizen is also out doing other things. This is just a soft weekend.

HerdBot
11-11-2013, 04:27 PM
That user name sucks giant cock

bdg64
11-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Remember that this is a long weekend for the students having today off and the hunting opener.

56BISON73
11-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Some students have probably stopped trying to get tickets, and never really thought about doing it for this weekend.

This was my thought as well. Plus with the hunting opener and the long weekend it is what it is.

IzzyFlexion
11-12-2013, 01:24 AM

This was my thought as well. Plus with the hunting opener and the long weekend it is what it is.

I am truly stunned @PL.

Gabe throws out a giant dick reference and in your post (2 later) you let it slide? TWSS

56BISON73
11-12-2013, 01:32 AM
I am truly stunned @PL.

Gabe throws out a giant dick reference and in your post (2 later) you let it slide? TWSS

When he mentions giant cock with the sucking reference I think its best to leave that conversation to him being an expert.
I would have nothing to add in a way of practical experience etc so I defer.

Answer Guy
11-12-2013, 02:20 AM

His user name is "Your mother"? :confused:

Tatanka
11-12-2013, 02:30 AM

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/temporary_zps37cda552.jpg

StL Bison Fan
11-13-2013, 04:42 PM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/temporary_zps37cda552.jpg

Shaw Blvd. by the gardens. Out in front of The Bug Store

Tatanka
11-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Shaw Blvd. by the gardens. Out in front of The Bug Store

winner!

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

StL Bison Fan
11-13-2013, 06:45 PM
winner!

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

Believe it or not - I buy bugs there

No_Skill
11-13-2013, 11:59 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4aNto1NiGcY/RsxY8Ke_hQI/AAAAAAAAKF0/lOW6Z-Q2xx0/s400/blackhawk.jpg

Wait for it...