PDA

View Full Version : Frisco is "sold out"

TateMosersneighbor
10-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Just got off the phone with the Ticket Office, they have no tickets left as of now. If you got some, nice work. If you need some...I have 2 for sale for 3.3 million each.

Bisonwinagn
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
My seats aren't as good as yours and I'm willing to sell 4 for 3.1M each.

MNLonghorn10
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Crap. Better hope i get some awesome seats via ndsu

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

BisonTeacher
10-11-2012, 05:17 PM

I have two extra as of right now. I would not over charge a bisonviller. If we make it and the time comes and nobody has claimed them yet, we can talk then.

tjbison
10-11-2012, 05:19 PM

Sarcasm???

EndZoneQB
10-11-2012, 05:22 PM
IF have two extra as of right now. I would not over charge a bisonviller. If we make it and the time comes and nobody has claimed them yet, we can talk then.

We'll wave up at you from the front row...

AKBison
10-11-2012, 05:29 PM
The infoolum really fanned the flames of the ticket panic buy. Tried to pick a couple this morning about 10:00 and there were only singles left! Probably should have bought a couple of those. I guess I will be begging for tickets with the rest of Bisonville. This is both awesome and scary. If we don't make it the failure in frisco will be epic unless a school with a large online fan base like App or Montana make it there.

PattyBison
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
The infoolum really fanned the flames of the ticket panic buy. Tried to pick a couple this morning about 10:00 and there were only singles left! Probably should have bought a couple of those. I guess I will be begging for tickets with the rest of Bisonville. This is both awesome and scary. If we don't make it the failure in frisco will be epic unless a school with a large online fan base like App or Montana make it there.

I really don't think Bison fans will have any issues getting tickets if we make it. I know plenty of people who ordered quite a few tickets, but let's face it, a lot can change in three months (people's schedules, excitement, trying to get there, etc).

If we don't make it, and I can't sell my tickets, I won't consider it any epic fail. It was 30 bucks a ticket for mine. For my situation, it wouldn't be much of a loss.

tjbison
10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
If we don't make it I think it will be funny to see the empty "sold out" game

Hammerhead
10-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Maybe I should have bought one of those single seats. :) If the Bison make it back to Frisco, Mrs. Hammerhead probably can't go so I'd be making a solo trip if I decide to go at all.

roadwarrior
10-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Guess I'm not going this year.

Siouxfallsbison
10-11-2012, 06:16 PM

LOL......Post of the Year!

THE HERD
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
They have more tickets for the game that will be released at a later date.....I think after Dec. 14th if I read the website correctly. Theres no way in hell all 20000+ are gone already.

HerdBot
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM

Yeah me thinks you forgot the purple

HandoEX
10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
They have more tickets for the game that will be released at a later date.....I think after Dec. 14th if I read the website correctly. Theres no way in hell all 20000+ are gone already.
There are barely 20,000 seats in the stadium and don't forget the team and sponsor allotments. Those take a huge portion of the seats.

HandoEX
10-11-2012, 06:25 PM
New sig material! Good one, road!

reformedUNDfan
10-11-2012, 06:26 PM

there are something like 11,000 being held back

edit: i bought 4 on monday, didn't want to get left out again.

BlueBisonRock
10-11-2012, 06:27 PM

:rofl: :biggrin: :rofl:

CAS4127
10-11-2012, 06:30 PM
I think those of us who have pre-bought tickets should go regardless of whether the team makes it. We could pick a team to root for, tailgate, party and otherwise have a good time down there. The Frisco/Plano area is fun, and there is damn good food to be had!!

HerdBot
10-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Buying tickets now is a calculated risk. I was going to wait to see if we beat Indiana State first but when I saw Kolpacks article this morning I went straight to the website. Glad I did. $30 wont break me. Ill probably burn them if we don't make it anyway unless demand goes through the roof and I can make a few bucks.

Talk about added pressure for the team! :)

HandoEX
10-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I think those of us who have pre-bought tickets should go regardless of whether the team makes it. We could pick a team to root for, tailgate, party and otherwise have a good time down there. The Frisco/Plano area is fun, and there is damn good food to be had!!
I think a lot of Bison fans feel the same. It's the pinnacle of college football playoffs and the location is awesome, especially leaving our January for theirs.

Bison03
10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
The good thing is that as a rabid fanbase, we can look ahead and assume we will be playing in Frisco and buy tickets in case that happens. I have no doubt that the coaches and team take every game seriously, and 1 at a time. A good team can lose to a lesser team with just a few breaks going one way or another. I don't think planing ahead and getting tickets is a jinx to the team. After last year's ticket fiasco, people are just smarter. In the meantime, lets beat Indiana St.

Honeybooboo
10-11-2012, 06:47 PM
The good thing is that as a rabid fanbase, we can look ahead and assume we will be playing in Frisco and buy tickets in case that happens. I have no doubt that the coaches and team take every game seriously, and 1 at a time. A good team can lose to a lesser team with just a few breaks going one way or another. I don't think planing ahead and getting tickets is a jinx to the team. After last year's ticket fiasco, people are just smarter. In the meantime, lets beat Indiana St.

I love the bonehead thinking that by somehow me buying tickets to the championship game is making the FB players and coaches less focused, dumbest theory ever, if anyone on here thinks Alabama fans are not planning/booking/buying for the BCS game this year is just off their rocker

CAS4127
10-11-2012, 06:50 PM
I love the bonehead thinking that by somehow me buying tickets to the championship game is making the FB players and coaches less focused, dumbest theory ever, if anyone on here thinks Alabama fans are not planning/booking/buying for the BCS game this year is just off their rocker

Is your username what your wife calls you when you two are kinda flirting around?!?!

I'm just curious!!!

Honeybooboo
10-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Is your username what your wife calls you when you two are kinda flirting around?!?!

I'm just curious!!!

Nope I just like the name

HandoEX
10-11-2012, 06:53 PM
I wonder how many championship game tickets have been purchased by now with the Championship hopes of SDSU, UNI, and UND fans???

HandoEX
10-11-2012, 06:59 PM
To you that might just be true. For those of us on Bohl's playcalling advisory committee like Bison03 and me, we need to live by that philosophy. You prolly wouldn't understand.

Honeybooboo
10-11-2012, 07:01 PM
To you that might just be true. For those of us on Bohl's playcalling advisory committee like Bison03 and me, we need to live by that philosophy. You prolly wouldn't understand.

Yeah okay.......

56BISON73
10-11-2012, 07:03 PM

So your tickets were comped, right?

CAS4127
10-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Nope I just like the name

I see.:(

Tranny is gay!!

HandoEX
10-11-2012, 07:10 PM
So your tickets were comped, right?
Comp seats. Bison03 sits next to Vigen and since I prefer to stand, I'm on the sidelines advising Kleiman. No biggie.

bisonmike2
10-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Maybe it's UND fans that are buying up all the tickets?

Bison bison
10-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Maybe I should have bought one of those single seats. :) If the Bison make it back to Frisco, Mrs. Hammerhead probably can't go so I'd be making a solo trip if I decide to go at all.

Duude. You're doing this wrong.

There are many lovely Third Base ladies who I'm sure would love to join you for the game.

CAS4127
10-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Duude. You're doing this wrong.

There are many lovely Third Base ladies who I'm sure would love to join you for the game.

Have you ever seen the man?!?!?!? He had better stick with the wife he has, that's all I am sayin'!!

reformedUNDfan
10-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Maybe it's UND fans that are buying up all the tickets?

this UND guy and his UND friends bought 4. :facepalm:

Professor Chaos
10-11-2012, 07:29 PM

I'm just curious!!!
It's his Sketti Wrestlin' (http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/honey-boo-boo-meets-south-park) name....

CAS4127
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM
It's his Sketti Wrestlin' (http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/honey-boo-boo-meets-south-park) name....

Wonderful!!! !@#$%^&*()_+

RedRiver
10-11-2012, 07:44 PM
It isn't sold out yet, I just bought 4 tickets online in Section 116.

BigBisonGuy
10-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Just nabbed 4 tickets in section 116, row 10.

jimmyptubas
10-11-2012, 08:16 PM
It blows my mind the demand for these! I dont' know if i will be able to go but I'm on the 20 yard line...and that was a couple of months ago! If that's all that was left then, i am not surprised all the tickets are spoken for, except the corporate and team's allotment that is of course.

Bison03
10-11-2012, 08:29 PM

What the hell are you talking about? Did you read what I said? I did not link Bison fans buying tickets to somehow that the coaches and players were less focused. I was simply saying it was nice that we can put the cart ahead of the horse in the mindset of good planning and that the team will always remain focused 1 game at a time.

roper1313
10-11-2012, 08:42 PM

Boo!!! Blocked by Network Administrator!! Must remember to check out at home!!

calelars24
10-11-2012, 11:54 PM

Our group of 6 were thinking the same thing!

Swaghook
10-12-2012, 12:05 AM
We bought soon after tickets went on sale. We are in section 105. I'm not worried we will either see another great Bison game or we will most likely get our money back and possibly a little extra. Ticket prices go up to $45 in Dec. So asking that much would be reasonable.

yellowstreak
10-12-2012, 12:09 AM
7th row of the endzone, section 117. ordered this morning. just in time.

There were lots of scalpers last year, so even if you can't get the 2nd allotment, you can probably buy them once you get to Texas.

chuckles
10-12-2012, 12:34 AM

Really feel the same. Following the FCS so closely these last few years it's be a great trip to make to see the top two teams play. Burger Girl or Bust!

imabison
10-12-2012, 03:05 AM
7th row of the endzone, section 117. ordered this morning. just in time.

There were lots of scalpers last year, so even if you can't get the 2nd allotment, you can probably buy them once you get to Texas.

Just went to the NCAA site, it said there was 1 ticket in Section 117 so I bought it. If I get to go, I have a ticket, if not I will sell it. If it does not
sell, just a donation to the NCAA.

tjamz
10-12-2012, 04:13 AM

Best. Idea. Ever.

would be a hell of a gag wouldn't it... 10,000 NDSU fans tailgating and going to the NC game even though their team wasn't in it.... Kinda flash-mob Bison style.

56BISON73
10-12-2012, 04:14 AM

That sounds like a hell of an idea. Have to eat at Razzous again.

1998braves64
10-12-2012, 04:35 AM
Just went to the NCAA site, it said there was 1 ticket in Section 117 so I bought it. If I get to go, I have a ticket, if not I will sell it. If it does not
sell, just a donation to the NCAA.

Sure they'll report it on their 1040..... :)

NDSUBowler
10-12-2012, 05:40 AM
I just tried to buy some...didn't work.

Comfortably Numb Bison
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Just got off the phone with the Ticket Office, they have no tickets left as of now. If you got some, nice work. If you need some...I have 2 for sale for 3.3 million each.

I will make my single and final offer. 2.5 million each paid to you as monthly $5 payments. I will even pay .000000001% apr interest.

THEsocalledfan
10-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Anyone note that Kolpack has been reading my posts? Read his blog entry on the ticket situation. I kind of laughed as I must have gotten him to see the light. Kolpack, next time be sure to credit THEsocalledfan. It lends credibility to your employer.

westnodak93bison
10-12-2012, 01:00 PM
imho, they need to do something with the unused corporate tickets. Last year I sat on the 45 yd line about a 1/3 of the way up and there was at least a dozen empty seats in my immediate area. What a waste. Supposedly a sold out game but it was not.

BisonNeil
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM
imho, they need to do something with the unused corporate tickets. Last year I sat on the 45 yd line about a 1/3 of the way up and there was at least a dozen empty seats in my immediate area. What a waste. Supposedly a sold out game but it was not.

My guess is they were still "sold".

I have a colleague who has a business in Plano and he has purchased 4 tickets each of the last two NC games. He didn't use them in 2010 but he went and took some staff in 2011 only because he knew NDSU was my team. He had a good time and said he will go in the future regardless of whether or not NDSU is in the game. My guess is the open seats you saw were a similar deal, local business bought to support but no one had any interest in going.

But, they should see an opportunity to either give away, or re-sell, so your point is well taken.

marenlee
10-12-2012, 09:28 PM
800 overpriced tickets on Stub Hub. I would go this year if my wife wasn't due with our 2nd child in December. Dammit! Why didn't I plan better? BTW, pleasure to join Bisonville!

dragonsfan
10-12-2012, 09:36 PM
solid 1st post, youre in georgia? i too am impressed with the bison fans snatching these up, but werent you all buying these way back in july/august? why the story now in fishwrap westside?

marenlee
10-12-2012, 10:06 PM
solid 1st post, youre in georgia? i too am impressed with the bison fans snatching these up, but werent you all buying these way back in july/august? why the story now in fishwrap westside?

I live off exit 1 20 minutes north of Jacksonville, FL. Right smack dab in the middle of SEC country sandwiched by Gator and Bulldog fans. Not sure if there's a legit Bison fan within 100 miles of me. But I have seen a North Dakota plate on occasion at work. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the tickets were snatched up by Texas SOBs knowing the type of support Bison fans give the Championship game.

dragonsfan
10-12-2012, 10:10 PM
love jacksonville, the dirty dirty south was what everyone was calling it when i was down there. haha

SamsRams
10-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the tickets were snatched up by Texas SOBs knowing the type of support Bison fans give the Championship game.

I would be. SHSU is dog crap this year and that is the only teams fanbase that would buy tickets. I wouldnt be suprised if 65% or higher of the tickets were sold to NDSU fans. You have to factor in fans like myself and WYO and many others who bought tickets with a zip code not in ND or MN

marenlee
10-13-2012, 05:15 PM
I would be. SHSU is dog crap this year and that is the only teams fanbase that would buy tickets. I wouldnt be suprised if 65% or higher of the tickets were sold to NDSU fans. You have to factor in fans like myself and WYO and many others who bought tickets with a zip code not in ND or MN
My lame and not so obvious attempt at a joke. I would buy tickets and drive my happy self from the east coast to Texas for the game, but I don't think my wife would be too happy with that.