PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Herd is on Game Plan this week!

WYOBISONMAN
10-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Good news for Football fans that are out of state. ESPN GamePlan is allegedly going to carry this game. Great to get another game on Directv. I will post the channel when it comes out. I guess I am watching the game on Saturday and not going antelope hunting with my son!

HerdBot
10-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Whenever we can showcase a sold out and rockin' Fargodome to a national audience its a good deal.

bri-dog
10-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Too late!

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?28629-Indiana-State-on-ESPN-GamePlan

But I don't care, it was already on the second page.

DirecTV usually lists their channel lineup on Wednesday evenings, so stay tuned...

MNLonghorn10
10-10-2012, 06:05 PM
delete thread. ban op.

Hammerhead
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
No way! I'd miss his avatar. (.)|(.)

delete thread. ban op.

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Good news for Football fans that are out of state. ESPN GamePlan is allegedly going to carry this game. Great to get another game on Directv. I will post the channel when it comes out. I guess I am watching the game on Saturday and not going antelope hunting with my son!

Going to have the bar open?

bri-dog
10-10-2012, 09:27 PM
THOSE CORK-SOAKERS!!! Now the game has been pulled off the GamePlan schedule...:fight:

bri-dog
10-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I emailed them again asking why they pulled our game off at the last minute. I know it doesn't do any good, I just like seeing the bullshit responses their interns (or whoever) come up with. This is this weeks:

Dear Brian,

Thanks for contacting us.

We appreciate you reaching out and sharing your concerns with us.

It is our goal to provide our national audience with the most compelling matchup. We realize and understand that viewers sometimes can disagree with these decisions. We will share your comments with the appropriate department. Please note that ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU replays are available on ESPN3 via WatchESPN.com. Replays will be accessible as early as immediately after the conclusion of the event and no later than 2:30 a.m. ET that evening.

Watch this ESPN FrontRow video that further explains our coverage http://bit.ly/FanCentral2

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,

Patrick
ESPN Viewer Response

So I replied to that email, probably not going to get a response. My reply started like this:

Well, I guess we'll never agree on the concept of "compelling", then. Last week GamePlan aired unranked Albany against 0-5 Bryant in front of a "crowd" of 1219. Yes, 1219 watched that game, while #1 ranked and defending champ NDSU played #3 Youngstown State in front of a sold out FargoDome crowd (ALL NDSU home games sold out by noon on the day they went on sale).

This week's GamePlan game? Liberty (1-4) vs Presbyterian (2-3), which should be played in front of about 4500 people. I'd imagine there's going to be a HUGE tv audience to watch this one... :pan:

WYOBISONMAN
10-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Going to have the bar open?

I am chilling my last case of Grainbelt for the occasion. After that is gone I am going to have to switch back to a stock of Provo Girl and Polygamy Porter.......

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e4SZORJjQdQ/TCstUCBe5eI/AAAAAAAABeE/odqE6WIKz1g/s1600/photo(5).jpg

http://houstonbeerreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/polygamy-porter-300x237.png

jimmyptubas
10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Question regarding gameplan:

Where i live we now have direct tv. Does game plan come standard with Direct TV? i'm not worried about it too much; last week i hooked up the tv to espn3 and it worked fine but it would be nice to get a good feed with out the constraints of my computer.

bri-dog
10-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Question regarding gameplan:

Where i live we now have direct tv. Does game plan come standard with Direct TV? i'm not worried about it too much; last week i hooked up the tv to espn3 and it worked fine but it would be nice to get a good feed with out the constraints of my computer.

No, GamePlan is a subscription service. This year it was $120, but you can usually haggle with them, especially after you've been with DirecTV for awhile.

iceberg
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
This week's GamePlan game? Liberty (1-4) vs Presbyterian (2-3), which should be played in front of about 4500 people. I'd imagine there's going to be a HUGE tv audience to watch this one... :pan:

dont forget Buffalo at Northern Illinois is the other "compelling" game

thats what sucks. They have 6 slots for GamePlan
2 ABC games get it automatically
2 ACC games
that leaves 2 slots
Utah St/San Jose State is being produced by ESPN+...thats a guarantee (they are using one of the ACC slots)

so the one slot they have left they give to Liberty? Huh I guess Falwell has some pull even in heaven

WYOBISONMAN
10-11-2012, 10:34 PM
THOSE CORK-SOAKERS!!! Now the game has been pulled off the GamePlan schedule...:fight:

Shit.....I didn't read that......that sucks.......I guess I am going to be streaming this one....ESPN is so crappy.

walknroehl
10-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I like when they come back with the espn3 watchespn.com BS when 99% of people

A. Don't get it
B. Don't get how it works.

THEsocalledfan
10-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Shit.....I didn't read that......that sucks.......I guess I am going to be streaming this one....ESPN is so crappy.

Wyo, considering how many of these are ending up on ESPN3, have you thought about springing for an XBox? You can buy refurbished ones for pretty good price on ebay. The ESPN ap is outstanding, and HD even looks pretty close to regular HD quality (not that many NDSU games are in HD, but the ones that have have been good). Worth every penny of the investment. You also need to get an xbox live membership, but that also opens up a lot of other nice functions.

tcbison
10-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Wyo, considering how many of these are ending up on ESPN3, have you thought about springing for an XBox? You can buy refurbished ones for pretty good price on ebay. The ESPN ap is outstanding, and HD even looks pretty close to regular HD quality (not that many NDSU games are in HD, but the ones that have have been good). Worth every penny of the investment. You also need to get an xbox live membership, but that also opens up a lot of other nice functions.

Pretty sure Wyo can't get ESPN3 to work because his internet service doesn't support it. He does get ESPN Gameplan but they switched from carrying the game to not carrying the game.