PDA

View Full Version : Fighing larry birds @ dribbling ben woodsides score predictions

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Last week sucked. I saw nothing on the field that made me say wow. We got whipped and itll happen again this week..w/ or w/out shakir bell. Lets pray he doesnt play...so ill predict like he is out.

Larry bird u 52

ndsu 10

Jimmy chitwood dominates ndsu airing it out.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

DjKyRo
10-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Ndsu 38
isu 13

HandoEX
10-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Gonna go ahead and predict cartwheel.

Bison 42-9.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
63 Bison
7 isu

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Worst tailgate ever too. I didnt have any fun.

devin45k
10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
The point spread will be a little off, if Shakir doesnt play for them.... but not much :hide:

Tatanka
10-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Worst tailgate ever too. I didnt have any fun.

Did you know that if you turn all those w & w's upside down, they're actually edible?

BisonFan02
10-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Did you know that if you turn all those w & w's upside down, they're actually edible?

Dang....I knew I was doing something wrong....haha

Jay
10-08-2012, 03:28 PM
41-6. Be back out tailgating mid 4th quarter with the tailgating speakers set at 11 blasting techno

moosbah
10-08-2012, 03:29 PM
3-2 Bison.

We win on a last second Scott Woken field goal.

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2012, 03:35 PM

I dont remember a single thing after i ate them...

IzzyFlexion
10-08-2012, 03:55 PM
3-2 Bison.

We win on a last second Scott Woken field goal.

For those keeping score at home Ed Brewer never played football. But I say this to you, my friends........get familiar!

reformedUNDfan
10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Last week sucked. I saw nothing on the field that made me say wow. We got whipped and itll happen again this week..w/ or w/out shakir bell. Lets pray he doesnt play...so ill predict like he is out.

Larry bird u 52

ndsu 10

going with this, but in reverse.

reformedUNDfan
10-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Larry bird u 52

ndsu 10

344Johnson
10-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Bison 38
LBU 13

bisonfan11
10-08-2012, 04:48 PM
NDSU-39
ISU-Blue-17

Bisonwinagn
10-08-2012, 05:21 PM
34 -10 Bison...Last year we won 27-16 and I think our offense is better this year and their offense is down.

tjbison
10-08-2012, 05:32 PM
34 -10 Bison...Last year we won 27-16 and I think our offense is better this year and their offense is down.

Bell will pull off some yards, but our D is too strong

Bison 37
Trees 14

BisonTeacher
10-08-2012, 05:33 PM
I remember hearing last year during the pre-game that a long time ago ISU's mascot was the "Fighting Teachers"

heffray
10-08-2012, 05:35 PM
41 - doughnut, Bison.

Seriously, if YSU can only score 7 points on us, how on earth can they score anymore than that, even with Shakir Bell?

Tatanka
10-08-2012, 05:38 PM

Hmmm, a double reverse. Well played.

CarringtonBison
10-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Good guys 42
bad guys 10

reformedUNDfan
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Hmmm, a double reverse. Well played.

actually after the second reverse it's tossed back to jensen, who then bombs one down the middle to vraa. flee flicker on steroids.

gumby013
10-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Annexation of Puerto Rico in the closing seconds for the win.

7-6

Ross
10-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Another beat-down at home for the Bison...

45-6

Pass me some more of that green and yellow kool-aid!!:cheers:

DePereBisonFan
10-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Colten Heagle, throwing away his crutches, starts the game on the defensive line. Shakir Bell never gets past him and Heagle finishes the game with 27 tackles for loss. Meanwhile Bell finishes the game with 27 carries for -43 yards.

Keller kicks a 53 yard field goal.

Bison 24, Sickamores 0.

jimmyptubas
10-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I think this game will surpise us and be more competative....not much so but a little

33-14 but close until the 4th

BisonFan02
10-08-2012, 08:19 PM
5dimes has a few notable lines:

Over/Under 1.5 boots by Izzy
Odds of Frisco Cruiser stereo surviving is a push
Gabe actually making an appearance is a big dog...not taking action on it
Its more or less a lock that I end up hammered like last Saturday.

Injury report to be out later in the week, but a few prelimary findings are Izzy to be listed as probable with boot elbow, the Frisco Cruiser probable with a bum stereo, and Gabe marked as doubtful with a sandy vag.

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Izzy is still in the fc drinking

Hammerhead
10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Fighting Bisons 69
Fighting Larry Birds 10

Halftime score: 42-0

ndsubison1
10-08-2012, 08:28 PM
41-13 bison

devin45k
10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Bison - 37
ISU - 13

BisonFan02
10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Izzy is still in the fc drinking

A lession we could all learn from...a true champion never takes a day off!

IndyTreeFan
10-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Hello from the Hoosier state! I'm really looking forward to this weekend's game, mostly to see how far our defense can take us! Seriously, I would be shocked if the Bison lost, but I am really interested in seeing how our defense plays. In case you don't know much about us, allow me to fill in some blanks for you. Our defense is tough - damn tough. And they seem to get better as the games go. They are still prone to giving up a big play or two (see the SDSU game), but if they can avoid that, which they have for the past couple of weeks (yeah, I know, we weren't playing much although we did shut down SIU in Carbondale), this game will be far more competitive than one might think. Keep an eye on #99, Aaron Archie. He's one of those players who is always around the ball. You'll hear his name a lot.

We won't be scoring much, unless your coaching staff has a collective brain fart and concentrates on stopping our passing game. Short of that, our offense struggles because we have an inexperienced QB and several receivers with wood blocks for hands. Down in Treeland, we tend to forget that Ronnie Fouch had started 8 or 9 games in the Pac-10 prior to arriving in Terre Haute. Our current QB has the tools to be successful, but he just doesn't have the experience yet. I'm sure he'll get loads of experience with your D. We still have one of the best RB's in college football, though, so he gives us our best chance of putting points on the board. You just never know when Shakir is gonna break one. He's a lot of fun to watch.

One thing that is light years ahead of where we were last season is our kicking game. Our punter is outstanding, and I figure he'll get a good workout Saturday. Our kick offs and field goals are a strength this year thanks to Tanner Fritschle. He's got a monster leg and great accuracy to boot. He might do all of our scoring Saturday. He has a 45 yarder at Indiana for his season long, and I've seen him go 10-15 yards beyond that. Don't give us a long field goal to win, you'll regret that.

That's kinda my scoop on ISU football this year. We are a good team, but not a great team. NDSU is a great team, and should win handily on Saturday, but I think it'll be closer than many think. Your defense scores off our offensive mistakes. Bell has a nice game, but your D shuts down everything else.

NDSU 31
ISU 13

tony
10-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Hello from the Hoosier state! I'm really looking forward to this weekend's game, mostly to see how far our defense can take us!

Indiana State's defense is probably a bit underrated by Bison fans. And Shakir Bell is special.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Indiana State's defense is probably a bit underrated by Bison fans. And Shakir Bell is special.

Tony is harshing our mellow......................

Us 51
Trees 3

MNLonghorn10
10-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Hello from the Hoosier state! I'm really looking forward to this weekend's game, mostly to see how far our defense can take us! Seriously, I would be shocked if the Bison lost, but I am really interested in seeing how our defense plays. In case you don't know much about us, allow me to fill in some blanks for you. Our defense is tough - damn tough. And they seem to get better as the games go. They are still prone to giving up a big play or two (see the SDSU game), but if they can avoid that, which they have for the past couple of weeks (yeah, I know, we weren't playing much although we did shut down SIU in Carbondale), this game will be far more competitive than one might think. Keep an eye on #99, Aaron Archie. He's one of those players who is always around the ball. You'll hear his name a lot.

We won't be scoring much, unless your coaching staff has a collective brain fart and concentrates on stopping our passing game. Short of that, our offense struggles because we have an inexperienced QB and several receivers with wood blocks for hands. Down in Treeland, we tend to forget that Ronnie Fouch had started 8 or 9 games in the Pac-10 prior to arriving in Terre Haute. Our current QB has the tools to be successful, but he just doesn't have the experience yet. I'm sure he'll get loads of experience with your D. We still have one of the best RB's in college football, though, so he gives us our best chance of putting points on the board. You just never know when Shakir is gonna break one. He's a lot of fun to watch.

One thing that is light years ahead of where we were last season is our kicking game. Our punter is outstanding, and I figure he'll get a good workout Saturday. Our kick offs and field goals are a strength this year thanks to Tanner Fritschle. He's got a monster leg and great accuracy to boot. He might do all of our scoring Saturday. He has a 45 yarder at Indiana for his season long, and I've seen him go 10-15 yards beyond that. Don't give us a long field goal to win, you'll regret that.

That's kinda my scoop on ISU football this year. We are a good team, but not a great team. NDSU is a great team, and should win handily on Saturday, but I think it'll be closer than many think. Your defense scores off our offensive mistakes. Bell has a nice game, but your D shuts down everything else.

NDSU 31
ISU 13
i think you're the better team and will win.

NDSUstudent
10-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Bison 37
Trees 13

With Fouch gone the trees will be in for a meeting with the woodchipper on Saturday.

bri-dog
10-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Or you could say the Bison will be roasting some S'mores...

40-6, with the 2nd stringers getting some PT

MNLonghorn10
10-09-2012, 02:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWFhDvURLg

they need to show larrybird u this scene before they arrive in fargo.

IndyTreeFan
10-09-2012, 03:15 AM
i think you're the better team and will win.

Ah, cerebral reversal. Haven't seen that since Bobby Knight roamed the halls in Bloomington!!!

I hope no one took any offense to my post. I have always enjoyed your team and your fans. I'd like to think we're only three or four years behind you. Trent Miles has worked miracles in Terre Haute, maybe he'll be the next Craig Bohl!

bri-dog
10-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Ah, cerebral reversal. Haven't seen that since Bobby Knight roamed the halls in Bloomington!!!

I hope no one took any offense to my post. I have always enjoyed your team and your fans. I'd like to think we're only three or four years behind you. Trent Miles has worked miracles in Terre Haute, maybe he'll be the next Craig Bohl!

Pretty sure nobody took offense -- opposing fans are always welcome here. Especially fans with good/honest insights and opinions...

westnodak93bison
10-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Sorry, Larry Bird ain't walkin through that door!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NDSUBowler
10-09-2012, 04:38 AM

I sure hope no one took offense to your post. Well thought out, seemingly unbiased, and informative...all in one!

I feel like this one won't be a total blowout but within 3 scores...so I still see NDSU winning handily.

I go for 31-10

Rynomite
10-09-2012, 05:23 AM
63 Bison
7 isu

Agree with this. We seem to always allow an easy 7 points and then shut other teams' offense out in total yardage. I assume we will be up close to 40 at halftime and then our secondary can come in and get some play time. With a final score of around 55-7.

Rynomite
10-09-2012, 06:01 AM

NDSU 31
ISU 13

I look forward to seeing that kicker! From what I read, he has some great potential! Thanks for stopping by!

BisonNeil
10-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Although the matchup doesn't make it a trap game, I am going to call it that. Everyone is telling the Bison they are really good, which makes for reading the press clippings and believing it. I predict the Bison will come out flat, and may be behind at the half. Bohl and his staff will straighten them out and make adjustments at halftime (I think this is where the coaching staff excels, btw). So I predict a tight game here with the Bison pulling away late in the fourth quarter.

Bison 21
ISUb 17

Ultimately, this is will be the wake up call the Bison need to roll from here on out.

BisonAccountant44
10-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Although the matchup doesn't make it a trap game, I am going to call it that. Everyone is telling the Bison they are really good, which makes for reading the press clippings and believing it. I predict the Bison will come out flat, and may be behind at the half. Bohl and his staff will straighten them out and make adjustments at halftime (I think this is where the coaching staff excels, btw). So I predict a tight game here with the Bison pulling away late in the fourth quarter.

Bison 21
ISUb 17

Ultimately, this is will be the wake up call the Bison need to roll from here on out.

I have a feeling this is going to happen at somepoint in the season, but my guess is it's against the stache. That doesn't mean I think this is going to be a 63-7 type lopsided game like a couple people above. I think this game will look closer to the UNI score than the YSU score. I'll go 31-10 as well.

56BISON73
10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
The Bison will come out flat at least once this season or twice. Good teams work through that and find a way to win.

tjbison
10-09-2012, 08:18 PM
The Bison will come out flat at least once this season or twice. Good teams work through that and find a way to win.

Or is it behind us??

Maybe the one play CSU scored on was their flat......wouldn't that be awesome

Bisonator98
10-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't think this one will be close. Bison in another romp. 45-13

BisonBear
10-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Ndsu 37
isu 14

NDSU1980
10-09-2012, 11:44 PM
44-13 us. Would say we'd do better, but the starters won't see much of the second half.

TateMosersneighbor
10-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Their defense is very, very good. Ours is better.

35-17 good guys

BisonNeil
10-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I think most of you are drinking just a tad too much kool aid predicting these huge scores by the Bison. Indiana State is the #3 scoring defense in FCS, giving up only 13 pts per game. This will be a low scoring affair folks, I think my prediction of 21-17 may be a bit too high.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/376963/group/Sports/

The Turner-Obaseki match up is going to be one to watch closely.

MNLonghorn10
10-11-2012, 01:08 PM
I think most of you are drinking just a tad too much kool aid predicting these huge scores by the Bison. Indiana State is the #3 scoring defense in FCS, giving up only 13 pts per game. This will be a low scoring affair folks, I think my prediction of 21-17 may be a bit too high.

so theyll hold ndsu 3 pts under their average?

EndZoneQB
10-11-2012, 01:57 PM

Yeah...WOW, look at these great teams they've played :rolleyes:

http://i48.tinypic.com/l9zrp.png

HerdBot
10-11-2012, 02:20 PM

I agree. Very tough defense at Indiana State.

MNLonghorn10
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM

http://i48.tinypic.com/l9zrp.png

So do drake and quincy have a combined 0 scholarships?

HandoEX
10-11-2012, 03:00 PM
They said that about the Bison before we were tested. We will find out soon I guess.

bruinbison
10-11-2012, 03:02 PM
On a glass half-full note for ISU, Drake did hold #2 Montana State to a 34-24 margin
in Iowa in which they led MSU at halftime before losing the game. That makes Indiana State's W
over Drake look a little better.....or will it make MSU's victory look a little worse? :confused:

http://www.msubobcats.com/news/2012/9/8/FB_0908124719.aspx?path=football

Drake is 4-2 on the season

http://www.godrakebulldogs.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=15700&SPID=8123&SPSID=71158

Tatanka
10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
So do drake and quincy have a combined 0 scholarships?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2Quincy is a D-II, I think they do give out schollys. They recently moved up from NAIA, where they perennially sucked donkey balls. Think Crookston, but worse. Black Hills State probably beats them by 20.

Not dogging ISU-b, as I think they're a decent team. But EZQB is right on the money.

EndZoneQB
10-11-2012, 04:09 PM
They said that about the Bison before we were tested. We will find out soon I guess.

Yeah, but you forget a small piece of evidence. We won the national championship last year....and our defense got better in the playoffs. JMU/Lehigh/GSU/SHSU>Quincy, SIU, and Drake. I'm sure they aren't an awful defense, but 13ppg will change after us, ISUr and YSU. Think about it. We've played 2 of the 3 best offensive teams in our conference so far...they've played the 2 of the 3 worst, and lost to SDSU(and allowed 24pts). I rest my case.

CAS4127
10-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah, but you forget a small piece of evidence. We won the national championship last year....and our defense got better in the playoffs. JMU/Lehigh/GSU/SHSU>Quincy, SIU, and Drake. I'm sure they aren't an awful defense, but 13ppg will change after us, ISUr and YSU. Think about it. We've played 2 of the 3 best offensive teams in our conference so far...they've played the 2 of the 3 worst, and lost to SDSU(and allowed 24pts). I rest my case.

Is someone studying pre-law, or are you one of those tv crime-watching subjects that I routinely boot from my jury panels?! Just askin'!!

BisonNation11
10-11-2012, 04:21 PM

Totally agree with you. They give up just as many yards as they themselves gain per game. And given our knack for great starting field position, their bend but don't break defense might be snapped. They are a good team, but they give up too many yards on defense that we will take advantage of.

bri-dog
10-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Is someone studying pre-law, or are you one of those tv crime-watching subjects that I routinely boot from my jury panels?! Just askin'!!

Off-topic, but I've heard a great way to get out of jury duty is to say something like "I do watch a lot of CSI"...:biggrin:

CAS4127
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Off-topic, but I've heard a great way to get out of jury duty is to say something like "I do watch a lot of CSI"...:biggrin:

That's true when I am picking a jury!!

Otherwise, I find myself intrigued by this game, in the sense that I am interested in seeing how we play coming off two very big wins for us in the conference specifically and nation generally. If we dominate once again, that will tell me that this team is rolling with a lot of confidence, and that my tickets to Frisco were a risk well worth taking. IOW, will we see a let down, or are we just that good and disciplined where there won't be one. I believe that if we don't have a let down this week, we may not see one the rest of the season.

BlueBisonRock
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM

Is that all it takes?

File under Jury Duty - Getting kicked off

KilldeerBison
10-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Also, I heard Coach Bohl say how much the defense appreciates the Bison offense being able to sustain drives. He said, the defense has ended up getting lots of breaks during games.

Hammerhead
10-11-2012, 04:55 PM
We had some long scoring drives in the 2nd half vs. YSU.

TOP 3:01, YSU 0 - NDSU 7
TOP 1:45, YSU 7 - NDSU 14
TOP 5:01, YSU 7 - NDSU 28
TOP 0:40, YSU 7 - NDSU 35
TOP 7:28, YSU 7 - NDSU 38
TOP 8:06, YSU 7 - NDSU 48

cbline
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
That's true when I am picking a jury!!

Otherwise, I find myself intrigued by this game, in the sense that I am interested in seeing how we play coming off two very big wins for us in the conference specifically and nation generally. If we dominate once again, that will tell me that this team is rolling with a lot of confidence, and that my tickets to Frisco were a risk well worth taking. IOW, will we see a let down, or are we just that good and disciplined where there won't be one. I believe that if we don't have a let down this week, we may not see one the rest of the season.

^^^ This ^^^. I thought there might be a let down after UNI: big win on the road and a quality YSU team next. I believe that the YSU win was a testament to both the playing ability and the character of this team.

bisonmike2
10-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Also, I heard Coach Bohl say how much the defense appreciates the Bison offense being able to sustain drives. He said, the defense has ended up getting lots of breaks during games.

Can't believe the Forum didn't pick up on that. Schempf could have ran with the headline "Many Bison Defensive Players Enjoy LSD".

KilldeerBison
10-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Can't believe the Forum didn't pick up on that. Schempf could have ran with the headline "Many Bison Defensive Players Enjoy LSD".

Perfect, only add at the end: Bohl Happy About It!

TransAmBison
10-11-2012, 05:26 PM
also, i heard coach bohl say how much the defense appreciates the bison offense being able to sustain drives. He said, the defense has ended up getting lots of breaks during games.lsd!!!!!!!!!

bisonpride4ever
10-11-2012, 07:12 PM
The Bison will open a can of Spike 80DF on the Trees.

NDSU-Lots
Trees-7

NorthernBison
10-12-2012, 01:02 PM

NDSU-Lots
Trees-7

I bet that 90% of the people here have no idea what that is. Excellent.

BisonNeil
10-12-2012, 01:15 PM

NDSU-Lots
Trees-7

So Harvey, what are you doing this far north? A little cold for you isn't it?

BisonTeacher
10-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Bison 55
Fighting Teachers 13

TAILG8R
10-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Just personally welcomed the Sycamores to Fargo at their hotel about 45 min ago. Lack of sleep = Bison by 20

BisonNation11
10-13-2012, 03:59 AM
Just personally welcomed the Sycamores to Fargo at their hotel about 45 min ago. Lack of sleep = Bison by 20

You wouldn't be able to "welcome" them again around 3:00 am would you??? :biggrin:

TAILG8R
10-13-2012, 04:10 AM
You wouldn't be able to "welcome" them again around 3:00 am would you??? :biggrin:

Well I don't work at any hotel but I might be able to stop back by after the bar closes.