PDA

View Full Version : Mussman and moral victories.......

WYOBISONMAN
10-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Not even a bullshitter like "The Muss" could find a moral victory in the piss pounding EWU gave the whoiux on Saturday. The pain, I am sure, was compounded by the absolute piss pounding NDSU gave Youngstown (my god was that beautiful)! It sure sounds to me like the myopic chest thumpers to the north are getting tired of Muss and his BS. Dimwitted as the whioux fans are, they are finally seeing that Muss does not have it together at all. Faison, who regularly shows what a fool he is by crying about not playing the Herd, signed Muss to a contract extension that lasts through the 2015 season (can we all say STUPID)! There is no way that the "School With No Name" (SWNN) buys him out. I wonder what they will do.

OK.....seriously.....UND is in one hell of a pickle. 3 years to go on the contract and Muss has built a horseshit program. The UND alums I know are sick and tired of Muss......the Brewster of the North.

BlueBisonRock
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Not even a bullshitter like "The Muss" could find a moral victory in the piss pounding EWU gave the whoiux on Saturday. The pain, I am sure, was compounded by the absolute piss pounding NDSU gave Youngstown (my god was that beautiful)! It sure sounds to me like the myopic chest thumpers to the north are getting tired of Muss and his BS. Dimwitted as the whioux fans are, they are finally seeing that Muss does not have it together at all. Faison, who regularly shows what a fool he is by crying about not playing the Herd, signed Muss to a contract extension that lasts through the 2015 season (can we all say STUPID)! There is no way that the "School With No Name" (SWNN) buys him out. I wonder what they will do.

OK.....seriously.....UND is in one hell of a pickle. 3 years to go on the contract and Muss has built a horseshit program. The UND alums I know are sick and tired of Muss......the Brewster of the North.

Well Wyoming, they do the only thing they can do. Loose and learn to appreciate the finer points of an almost victory. After all, they still have hockey!

Bison Dan
10-08-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/246569/

"We have to find one play in a game where we can make a defensive stand and get a spark offensively,” Mussman said. “If we can do that, get our hearts started, we’ll be fine."

“We have the ability; I still believe that. We just have to quit making the mistakes that kill you.”

DjKyRo
10-08-2012, 02:17 PM

"We have to find one play in a game where we can make a defensive stand and get a spark offensively,” Mussman said. “If we can do that, get our hearts started, we’ll be fine."

“We have the ability; I still believe that. We just have to quit making the mistakes that kill you.”

In other words: "It's the players' fault for not being motivated to win." lol.

bisonmike2
10-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Maybe he should look at a career in radio? On the commercial with his brother that is playing all the time on KFAN he seems to think that radio is pretty easy.

TransAmBison
10-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Wyo, you are flat out smoking something. I have only met a small handful of whioux fans that could possibly generate that kind of thought process.

Also, I feel it my duty to this thread, and Bisonville, to channel BigUndystain (racing stripes, man...cause they're crazy fast). Here goes:

1. NDSU beat the #3 team by 41 points.
2. UND lost by only 38 points by a highly ranked team.
3. Therefore, UND is better than the #3 team...thus making them #2.
4. UND has already had their worst performance and can only improve.
5. With UND playing their worst and being #2, any improvement will make them the #1 team in the country.

Boom! Roasted (Channeled Ajaxthenotsomighty or whatever he is calling himself these days)

BlueBisonRock
10-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Points 3 and 5 make your case with no additional debate. The UNDers are playing up to a true #2.

And I am confident that the BigStink himself is thinking: "Yeah! Three. Five. Beat 'em!!!"

Wyo, you are flat out smoking something. I have only met a small handful of whioux fans that could possibly generate that kind of thought process.

Also, I feel it my duty to this thread, and Bisonville, to channel BigUndystain (racing stripes, man...cause they're crazy fast). Here goes:

5. With UND playing their worst and being #2, any improvement will make them the #1 team in the country.

Boom! Roasted (Channeled Ajaxthenotsomighty or whatever he is calling himself these days)

bri-dog
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM

So, they were one play away from beating them?

Civil06
10-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Yeah, what was that alternating QB nonsense he was trying??? What a disaster on the inferno turf.

If I was a UND fan, I'd be very concerned about the point spread in their losses, and I'd be pretty pessimistic about the future. Their last two losses have been by 18 and 38 points, respectively. To put that in perspective, our worst loss since transitioning to D-I was a 31 point debacle (6-37) at Cal Poly back in 2005. Our second worst loss was the 17 point loss at Iowa State in 2009. Our losses during the dreadful 2008/2009 seasons had point differentials of:

3 – Wyo
8 – YSU
5 – WIU
10 – UNI
1 – SDSU

17 - Iowa St.
3 – SHSU
10 – SIU
3 - ISU-Red
15 – UNI
15 – SDSU :facepalm:
4 – MoSU
4 - YSU

My point? We had two really bad seasons but, in hindsight, we were still a competitive football team. This is probably why 2010 took a lot of fans by surprise, myself included, but the team knew what they were capable of. If I were UND, I'd be pretty nervous about the future due to getting blowed out (copyright Emmitt Smith).

Tatanka
10-08-2012, 03:05 PM
You all are forgetting perhaps the most important point: They play in the Big Sky* which is totally the hardest conference in the country. Everyone has a fantastic offense** and they simply don't have it easy like NDSU does in the MVFC. The reason they've given up two fewer points this year than NDSU did all of last year is that they're playing better competition.

* - Big Fluffy
** - when they play und.

DePereBisonFan
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I thought there was something wrong a few weeks ago when UND started claiming that the Sacramento State game was their biggest victory in the DI era. Even if it was, it was only their first conference game...it's like, "RELAX!" and stop giving yourself awards already...be happy and move on.

Also, UND's defense is absolutely amazing.

EndZoneQB
10-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I thought there was something wrong a few weeks ago when UND started claiming that the Sacramento State game was their biggest victory in the DI era. Even if it was, it was only their first conference game...it's like, "RELAX!" and stop giving yourself awards already...be happy and move on.

Also, UND's defense is absolutely amazing.

I think you misunderstood what they were championing. What they were really saying was it was their first DI win...

bisonmike2
10-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah, what was that alternating QB nonsense he was trying??? What a disaster on the inferno turf.

If I was a UND fan, I'd be very concerned about the point spread in their losses, and I'd be pretty pessimistic about the future. Their last two losses have been by 18 and 38 points, respectively. To put that in perspective, our worst loss since transitioning to D-I was a 31 point debacle (6-37) at Cal Poly back in 2005. Our second worst loss was the 17 point loss at Iowa State in 2009. Our losses during the dreadful 2008/2009 seasons had point differentials of:

3 – Wyo
8 – YSU
5 – WIU
10 – UNI
1 – SDSU

17 - Iowa St.
3 – SHSU
10 – SIU
3 - ISU-Red
15 – UNI
4 – MoSU
4 - YSU

My point? We had two really bad seasons but, in hindsight, we were still a competitive football team. This is probably why 2010 took a lot of fans by surprise, myself included, but the team knew what they were capable of. If I were UND, I'd be pretty nervous about the future due to getting blowed out (copyright Emmitt Smith).

And correct me if I'm wrong but we followed up that Cal Poly ass kicking in 2005 by destroying them 50 something to 14 in 2006. That was the 2nd most complete game I've seen from the Bison. Second only to the past Saturdays game.

IzzyFlexion
10-08-2012, 03:43 PM

3 – Wyo
8 – YSU
5 – WIU
10 – UNI
1 – SDSU

17 - Iowa St.
3 – SHSU
10 – SIU
3 - ISU-Red
15 – UNI
4 – MoSU
4 - YSU

So, in summary........you're saying that during those two dreadful seasons when most of us were prepared to lay down in the middle of a busy expressway because we weren't having good seasons.......that our average margin of defeat was 7.5 points with two of those losses coming against FBS teams?

Well......OK then.:biggrin:

cbline
10-08-2012, 04:18 PM

When a team is able, they do not make those kind of mistakes as often as und is. Therefore, Coach of the North, your team is not able.

KilldeerBison
10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
There is enough game film available of the UNDies this year, how to stop/destroy their offense. Will be surprised if every team, from here on, doesn't do what EW did. Unless, the UNDies can add other dimensions to their offense? Their defense is giving up yards like "shit through a goose"! (I stole that phrase from Tatanka from last week, worth repeating)

The_Sicatoka
10-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Also, UND's defense is absolutely amazingly porous.

I believe your message was truncated before it was posted so I fixed it for you. :(

Mr. Burgundy
10-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Last week the fan was running sound bites, one was Mussman saying "We travel really well. We have fun." Fun? I think they are like 1-8 in California. The Sioux insider site said that EWU wasn't a running team. Well, their QB went for something like 12-15 and 5 TD's....and then ran it for 300 yards. I am not sure it is possible to have the best Defense and the worst Defense in the same state in FCS. Mussman is in over his head. Co-defensive coordinators, no identity, hiring assistants with limited track records, alot of issues that end up showing themselves on Saturdays.

Bison Dan
10-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Last week the fan was running sound bites, one was Mussman saying "We travel really well. We have fun." Fun? I think they are like 1-8 in California. The Sioux insider site said that EWU wasn't a running team. Well, their QB went for something like 12-15 and 5 TD's....and then ran it for 300 yards. I am not sure it is possible to have the best Defense and the worst Defense in the same state in FCS. Mussman is in over his head. Co-defensive coordinators, no identity, hiring assistants with limited track records, alot of issues that end up showing themselves on Saturdays. Quiet - We love Muss!

Tatanka
10-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Quiet - We love Muss! This. I think a grass-roots campaign to get him a contract extension is in order.

Kermit
10-08-2012, 05:36 PM
This. I think a grass-roots campaign to get him a contract extension is in order.
Petition drive?

Tatanka
10-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Petition drive? I was going to go there but decided not to... :D

TransAmBison
10-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Coach of the year in my book.

Tatanka
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Coach of the year in my book.That's the way I voted.

I'm just trying to guess which game is going to bring out the gatorade bath this year... not to celebrate a victory but to soothe the chafing.

Bison Dan
10-08-2012, 05:55 PM
This. I think a grass-roots campaign to get him a contract extension is in order.He got one last year!

imabison
10-08-2012, 06:10 PM

Can't imagine many other colleges putting up with a comment like this "“We’d better suck it up or we’re going to get beat up pretty good,” Mussman said." Going to HUH...

Facts
10-08-2012, 06:12 PM
He got one last year!

Well, he did coach his team to victory against Sioux Falls... 1 outta 2 ain't bad!

The_Sicatoka
10-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Co-defensive coordinators[/B], ...

Kelling is gone to UMary. There no longer is "Co-". Beyond that, I really can't argue with you.

The_Sicatoka
10-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Can't imagine many other colleges putting up with a comment like this "“We’d better suck it up or we’re going to get beat up pretty good,” Mussman said." Going to HUH...

Teams hear what their coaches say to the media and I can't believe some of the things I've heard Mussman say before games. :facepalm2:

The_Sicatoka
10-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Petition drive?

You guys able to get a whole bunch signed fast? :hide:

Civil06
10-08-2012, 07:09 PM
You guys able to get a whole bunch signed fast? :hide:

One tailgate and we'd have enough to get it on the ballot. We'll handle this one grassroots style - no outside firm necessary!

moosbah
10-08-2012, 07:16 PM

I love this. Nothing says more about your team than saying that the kids have to get their hearts started. I.e. the coach can't motivate his own hardon, let alone a bunch of total boners.

mebisonII
10-08-2012, 08:00 PM
I love this. Nothing says more about your team than saying that the kids have to get their hearts started. I.e. the coach can't motivate his own hardon, let alone a bunch of total boners.

That may be the funniest description of a coach I've ever heard.

56BISON73
10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Petition drive?

yer killing me :rofl:

56BISON73
10-08-2012, 09:53 PM

I almost thought this was a John L Smith quote.

NDSU1980
10-10-2012, 12:06 AM
I noticed there are guys over at the SS claiming that und is playing the hardest schedule in the nation because they played an FBS and the 2010 National Champion, along with the Montana's, Northern Arizona, and Cal Poly. Plus, they really walloped that NAIA team transitioning to D2.

Seriously, the likes of Darrel and geaux_sioux/bigund actually believe this. How stupid do you have to be to believe this?

Tatanka
10-10-2012, 01:38 AM
I noticed there are guys over at the SS claiming that und is playing the hardest schedule in the nation because they played an FBS and the 2010 National Champion, along with the Montana's, Northern Arizona, and Cal Poly. Plus, they really walloped that NAIA team transitioning to D2.

Seriously, the likes of Darrel and geaux_sioux/bigund actually believe this. How stupid do you have to be to believe this?I believe you have answered your own question, grasshopper.

BadlandsBison
10-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Quiet - We love Muss!

The best football mind in the state some say. Even the best in Minnesota when he eats at the East el Forko Applebees,

BlueBisonRock
10-10-2012, 02:16 AM
The best football mind in the state some say. Even the best in Minnesota when he eats at the East el Forko Applebees,

We want the whioux to believe this, but lets look at the key MN College / University football coaches. Sorry, but Muss can't make the grade with this group.

John Gagliardi St. Johns The dean of MN football coaches. Johnies head coach since 1953 with a 484–133–11 record including 4 national titles.
Glenn Caruso St. Thomas Former NDSU Offensive Coordinator who has turned multiple programs around including taking the Tommies from roadkill to success.
Jerry Kill U of MN Has turned around multiple football programs and may also turn the Gophers around.
Bob Nielson Minnesota Duluth 52-5 over the last 4 years with 4 playoff appearances and 2 DII National Championships.

BadlandsBison
10-10-2012, 02:35 AM
We want the whioux to believe this, but lets look at the key MN College / University football coaches. Sorry, but Muss can't make the grade with this group.

John Gagliardi St. Johns The dean of MN football coaches. Johnies head coach since 1953 with a 484–133–11 record including 4 national titles.
Glenn Caruso St. Thomas Former NDSU Offensive Coordinator who has turned multiple programs around including taking the Tommies from roadkill to success.
Jerry Kill U of MN Has turned around multiple football programs and may also turn the Gophers around.
Bob Nielson Minnesota Duluth 52-5 over the last 4 years with 4 playoff appearances and 2 DII National Championships.

Heck, the East GF junior high coach might even be a better football coach. My latest computer projections has East Grand Forks junior high scoring 32 points against und (through three quarters)

Since we're on the subject, I love the John Gagliardi story. And Jerry Kill should've been hired about 3 years down in Minneapolis, he knows what he is doing.

Herd
10-10-2012, 03:33 AM
Im sorry, but not all 3-8 seasons are created equal. You have 3-8 with terrible players where you barely eek out 3 wins. Then you have 3-8 where you have talented players besieged by off field distraction, players kicked of the squad, and head coach and D coordinator sqabbling. In the 2nd case, it just takes some teamwork and unity to reverse your record to 8 wins.

In the 1st case (poor personnel), if you have 3-8 personnel, you usually follow up 3-8 with 3-8 . . . Unless of couse you bring in enough NAIA squads to win six games.

Tatanka
10-10-2012, 03:37 AM
Im sorry, but not all 3-8 seasons are created equal. You have 3-8 with terrible players where you barely eek out 3 wins. Then you have 3-8 where you have talented players besieged by off field distraction, players kicked of the squad, and head coach and D coordinator sqabbling. In the 2nd case, it just takes some teamwork and unity to reverse your record to 8 wins.

In the 1st case (poor personnel), if you have 3-8 personnel, you usually follow up 3-8 with 3-8 . . . Unless of couse you bring in enough NAIA squads Not named Sioux Falls to win six games.fixed for Max accuracy

DePereBisonFan
10-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Wow, I'm just reading the recap now. I can't believe a coach actually says some of these things. I love this one, too:

“The hard part for us right now is there are a lot of unknowns. We don’t know some of these teams. We’re not familiar with the officials in the league. Every time we go on the road, we get new crew. But that’s to be expected and we have to get used to it.”

1. Mussman doesn't know what teams are in the Big Sky Conference.
2. Mussman hasn't met the officials in the Big Sky Conference.
3. Mussman expects not to know what teams are in his conference, and he also expects not to know the officials.
4. I'm really confused.

TransAmBison
10-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Wow, I'm just reading the recap now. I can't believe a coach actually says some of these things. I love this one, too:

“The hard part for us right now is there are a lot of unknowns. We don’t know some of these teams. We’re not familiar with the officials in the league. Every time we go on the road, we get new crew. But that’s to be expected and we have to get used to it.”

3. Mussman expects not to know what teams are in his conference, and he also expects not to know the officials.
4. I'm really confused.
Some say you don't truly know another team or officials until you skate with them.

moosbah
10-10-2012, 02:33 PM

4. I'm really confused.

It's okay, so is Mussman.

If you want to discuss it with him further, hit a local shopping mall in a couple years. He'll be the guy selling Magic Mops, with the headset on.

Tatanka
10-10-2012, 02:54 PM

If you want to discuss it with him further, hit a local shopping mall in a couple years. He'll be the guy selling Magic Mops, with the headset on.I hope not, unless that's a new way to recruit crazy speed.

Da Bison
10-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Can we vote for him daily????

Must keep him at teh helm of teh UN_ ship.

*Notice the lack of a D in their name. Goes with their football strategery "no D":biggrin:

Tatanka
10-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Can we vote for him daily????

Must keep him at teh helm of teh UN_ ship.

*Notice the lack of a D in their name. Goes with their football stratgery "no D"

Now THAT is funny. :rofl:

Da Bison
10-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Heard an ad on the Fan today for the UN_ homecoming. Was waiting for them to pimp the big showdown with UNA.

Went on about how it's homecoming and come out and support........................................... teh butthockey team as they play an exhibition game.
Not a word about football.:facepalm2:

I always thought that homecoming weekend was centered around the football game, hall of fame inductions etc.

At UN_ it's about butthockey.

AjaxTheMighty
10-12-2012, 12:22 AM

I'm still calling myself AjaxtheMighty, but I'm thinking of changing it again to Grand Caravan Bison. Do you think it has a ring to it?

56BISON73
10-12-2012, 12:39 AM

If you want to discuss it with him further, hit a local shopping mall in a couple years. He'll be the guy selling Magic Mops, with the headset on.

You've been to BRANSON I see.

Hammerhead
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Mussman will probably go into financial planning after his coaching career. "If you can just save that first $100, you're well on your way to becoming a millionaire."

WYOBISONMAN
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Looking at the stats for the whioux yesterday.......they don't even have a D2 defense.

CAS4127
10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
What was score?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
10-14-2012, 07:36 PM
What was score?

45-38

NAU had 568 total yards. Also had time of possession 39:05

BisonNation11
10-14-2012, 07:54 PM
45-38

But teh crazy speed...

CAS4127
10-14-2012, 07:56 PM
45-38

Wow!! For sure on UN_!! At least we didn't have to watch that!!

Kermit
10-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Wow!! For sure on UN_!! At least we didn't have to watch that!!

I think we watched enough of that in 2009 to last a lifetime. The improvement in the Bison defense over the past few years has been remarkable, but the memory of the Breske year still burns.

BadlandsBison
10-14-2012, 08:30 PM
I think we watched enough of that in 2009 to last a lifetime. The improvement in the Bison defense over the past few years has been remarkable, but the memory of the Breske year still burns.

Breske was a Montana double agent

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

perthbison
10-14-2012, 11:15 PM
......they don't even have a D2 defense. This made me think of a conversation I had earlier this summer. This guy is a Bison fan but because of his chosen major, his son was at und and he would be sophomore currently. he was a good athlete but injuries his last two tears of highschool limited him. Anyway, he became roomates with a saftey for the whiox and they were so desperate for d backs that they were trying to get him on the team. This kid played linebacker in highschool and didn't have db speed so that'll tell you how desperate they are.

thebigund
10-15-2012, 02:26 AM
We officially only have two good DBs which leaves alot of holes. Darryl Brown is a good young corner and Will Lewis (JUCO) is now playing at full speed with comfort in the scheme and had a very good last two games. The other guys are suspect at best.

WYOBISONMAN
10-18-2012, 12:31 AM
High scoring game this weekend, but I do think UND will beat Rapegate.

reformedUNDfan
10-20-2012, 01:31 AM
High scoring game this weekend, but I do think UND will beat Rapegate.

Montana: Making Penn State Look a Little Less Terrible Since '11

HerdBot
10-20-2012, 05:39 AM
Montana: Making Penn State Look a Little Less Terrible Since '11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htoFkn6S0H8

TransAmBison
10-25-2012, 02:52 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Battlewagon/1351176677.jpg

HerdBot
10-25-2012, 04:15 PM

+++++++++
Positive rep did you make that or just find it?

EndZoneQB
10-25-2012, 04:20 PM
+++++++++
Positive rep did you make that or just find it?

Found it. It was in the fishwrap north side today...print edition.

TransAmBison
10-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Found it. It was in the fishwrap north side today...print edition.yeah...didn't make the online version for some reason.

Da Bison
10-25-2012, 04:24 PM

Must spread rep.:rofl:

Bison03
10-25-2012, 08:58 PM

Hey, is that the pic I posted in another thread? Glad I could facilitate it. Is there a website you go to to create those?

bisonmike2
10-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Saw this in the Billings Gazette. Fairly entertaining.

* How many times do I have to warn you Montana boys to stay away from North Dakota football? UND and NDSU, probably even Jamestown. -- Eric (@ericblumhardt)

Jamestown? That’s funny. What about Dickinson State? In all seriousness, your argument concerning North Dakota and North Dakota State has some merit. The Bobcats were beaten soundly by NDSU in the 2010 playoffs, and just last week the Grizzlies gave up a record amount of passing yards in a loss to UND. We’ll see what happens when the Bobcats play UND on Saturday, but it’s a tough game for the Cats nonetheless.

Wouldn’t it be great if NDSU was in the Big Sky Conference also? That’s one of the great regrets I have when I look at the current league lineup for football. I think the Big Sky missed a big opportunity to bring them in when the Bison were getting ready to transition to Division I. It would have made the league that much more prominent.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/blogs/catgrizinsider/cgi-mailbag-watch-out-for-our-neighbors-to-the-east/article_89195ef8-1e4a-11e2-ac93-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz2ALZbNwyg

TransAmBison
10-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey, is that the pic I posted in another thread? Glad I could facilitate it. Is there a website you go to to create those?Yep, got the pic from your post. As for the website...sorry...it is only for scambaiters...it can only be accessed by a password after they have cleared you.

KSBisonFan
10-25-2012, 09:14 PM
yep, got the pic from your post. As for the website...sorry...it is only for people with too much time on their hands...it can only be accessed by setting up a password on that there interweb after they have cleared you of possibly being employable.

fify.......

Answer Guy
10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
As for the website...sorry...it is only for scambaiters...it can only be accessed by a password after they have cleared you.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/newspaper-1.jpg

TransAmBison
10-25-2012, 09:52 PM
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/newspaper-1.jpghttp://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Battlewagon/1351201894.jpg

Herd80
10-26-2012, 02:32 PM
This thread has the potential to be our Friday entertainment...if only the two of you would buckle down and get to work on it. Get after it boys*

*TWSS

56BISON73
10-27-2012, 03:29 AM
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/newspaper-1.jpg

This is breaking news??????:rofl:

Da Bison
10-29-2012, 01:49 AM
After a 55-10 beatdown, Muss is going to need some cheering up. :mad:

Remember just like in Chicago, vote early.................... vote often:biggrin:

JMB
10-31-2012, 11:29 AM
The Green and White are going to win a moral National Championship!
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/378970/group/Sports/

DePereBisonFan
10-31-2012, 02:40 PM

I read the article this morning. I can't believe this was actually printed in a Newspaper. There is no way it's true, but it's source is the Big Sky Conference, so that's totally legit.

I think in general the Southern Conference has the toughest schedules, then the MVFC, then the CAA, then the Southland, then the Big Sky. It's incredible that an OOC game for UND is SD Mines while Georgia Southern plays at Georgia.

Prairie View A&M has as many DI wins this year as UND by the way.

TransAmBison
10-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Obviously their schedule was harder, or else they would have won. Duh....

perthbison
10-31-2012, 06:45 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/378970/group/Sports/A stupid article, but I'll give the sports writers up there a little slack because what else could they really write about when trying to make a positive article for their hometeam.

CAS4127
10-31-2012, 06:49 PM

"Second toughest according to the Big Sky Conference"-->what a source that is, and I did not "The Big Sky Conference" could talk. Who is the actual source?!? Secondly, and I don't know how to do the math, but the claim that power-rankings, etc., should be set aside because "According to The Big Sky Conference" their schedule is the second toughest seems a little suspect.

But, whatever-->moral victories are moral victories I guess.

NorthernBison
10-31-2012, 07:54 PM
A stupid article, but I'll give the sports writers up there a little slack because what else could they really write about when trying to make a positive article for their hometeam.

It was Wayne Nelson that wrote the article and he's pure homer. He's also way off base in the premise of the article. The ranking of the teams they have played might matter if they were losing close games. They aren't. They are getting destroyed by the good teams. Absolutely destroyed.

The record should matter less to followers of that program than getting blown out by good teams.

I remember the Bison getting thumped pretty hard by Poly in the early transition and it was NOTHING like some of the UND scores this year.

bisonmike2
10-31-2012, 08:37 PM
It was Wayne Nelson that wrote the article and he's pure homer. He's also way off base in the premise of the article. The ranking of the teams they have played might matter if they were losing close games. They aren't. They are getting destroyed by the good teams. Absolutely destroyed.

The record should matter less to followers of that program than getting blown out by good teams.

I remember the Bison getting thumped pretty hard by Poly in the early transition and it was NOTHING like some of the UND scores this year.

That's a good point. I only remember that Poly game as a game where we looked like we didn't belong at the D1 level. Other than that I couldn't tell you a game where we got soundly beat. And if I remember correctly we beat them the next year.

Civil06
10-31-2012, 08:54 PM
That's a good point. I only remember that Poly game as a game where we looked like we didn't belong at the D1 level. Other than that I couldn't tell you a game where we got soundly beat. And if I remember correctly we beat them the next year.

I posted this earlier, but it shows that the Poly game was our only embarassing loss since the transition started and that, due to the point differential in their losses, UND is a long, long ways away from being a threat in the playoffs. And you can now add in a 45-point loss for UND to the numbers below... :facepalm:

3 – Wyo
8 – YSU
5 – WIU
10 – UNI
1 – SDSU

17 - Iowa St.
3 – SHSU
10 – SIU
3 - ISU-Red
15 – UNI
4 – MoSU
4 - YSU

344Johnson
10-31-2012, 09:37 PM

I remember asking my dad if the bison won and him telling me they got crushed. I don't remember the score but I remember it was bad.

Civil06
10-31-2012, 09:50 PM
I remember asking my dad if the bison won and him telling me they got crushed. I don't remember the score but I remember it was bad.

Look up. It was 37-6.

Bison06
10-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Look up. It was 37-6.

f'ing Ramses Barden. :facepalm:

KilldeerBison
10-31-2012, 10:41 PM
It looks like the UN__ football players may have started a fundraiser to buy out Muss' contract?
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/379030/group/homepage/

aces1180
10-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Then in 06 in the Dome, the Herd piss-pounded them.

perthbison
10-31-2012, 11:34 PM
It looks like the UN__ football players may have started a fundraiser to buy out Muss' contract?
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/379030/group/homepage/Well there aren't too many 300 pound hockey players otherwise I'd be looking their way.

EndZoneQB
10-31-2012, 11:36 PM

He was a straight up DUDE.

Bison06
11-01-2012, 01:48 PM

He certainly was and IIRC he was only a red-shirt freshman during that game. He was a rare talent for FCS football.

Bison"FANatic"
11-01-2012, 01:58 PM
He was fun to watch and was rare at the FCS level. It is interesting though that at the NFL level from 2009-2012 he has had 1, 5, 9 and 12 receptions each year. It just goes to show how good you have to be to make a major impact in the NFL at the WR position.

Bison06
11-01-2012, 02:33 PM
He was fun to watch and was rare at the FCS level. It is interesting though that at the NFL level from 2009-2012 he has had 1, 5, 9 and 12 receptions each year. It just goes to show how good you have to be to make a major impact in the NFL at the WR position.

Agreed, but in his case it seems interesting to me he hasn't had more opportunities. When he has had chances it seems he has stepped up big, I would like to see what he would do if they would get him consistent snaps.

Wally
11-01-2012, 03:02 PM

Wouldn't see the field for the masterful muss

/purple

EndZoneQB
11-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Agreed, but in his case it seems interesting to me he hasn't had more opportunities. When he has had chances it seems he has stepped up big, I would like to see what he would do if they would get him consistent snaps.

He had that one big game this year...and then it was stained by his offensive pass interference to lose the game...

bisonmike2
11-01-2012, 04:21 PM

he's nothing compared to that UN_ WR.

TransAmBison
11-01-2012, 04:26 PM
he's nothing compared to that UN_ WR.Which one? The only thing that limits them is the length of the field.

cbline
11-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Which one? The only thing that limits them is the length of the field.

That, and the fact that they cannot rise above the laws of physics and surpass the "crazy speed" of light.

TransAmBison
11-01-2012, 04:51 PM
That, and the fact that they cannot rise above the laws of physics and surpass the "crazy speed" of light.You obviously have not watched them. Laws, science, reality...none of them matter in GF.

heffray
11-01-2012, 05:26 PM
You obviously have not watched them. Laws, science, reality...none of them matter in GF.

Neglected and ignored, probably makes more sense.

TransAmBison
11-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Neglected and ignored, probably makes more sense.Thanks for mentioning sense. It is also not allowed in GF.

CAS4127
11-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for mentioning sense. It is also not allowed in GF.

But what about "nonsense"?!-->that seems top be allowed, NO?!?

TransAmBison
11-01-2012, 06:13 PM
But what about "nonsense"?!-->that seems top be allowed, NO?!?Good catch. It is the common variety that is banned.

thebigund
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Is it considered a moral victory if UND holds the bye week to under 500 yards of offense?

GRAFTONBISON
11-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Is it considered a moral victory if UND holds the bye week to under 500 yards of offense?

If a tree falls in Grand Forks, does anyone give a shit?

Interested to see what CAS' GASF is on your question.

344Johnson
11-08-2012, 05:16 PM

Tight contest between two well matched opponents.

CAS4127
11-08-2012, 05:27 PM
If a tree falls in Grand Forks, does anyone give a shit?

Interested to see what CAS' GASF is on your question.

Didn't even know they were in a bye week-->GASF = neg Zero.

heffray
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM

Tight contest between two well matched opponents.

This post = awesome.