PDA

View Full Version : YSU tickets

tjbison
10-05-2012, 01:22 PM
http://fargo.craigslist.org/tia/

Appears to be several on here, not that I like the inflated prices but either these will go empty or someone is willing to spend a little cash

Professor Chaos
10-05-2012, 01:26 PM
This one makes me shake my head: http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/3312112753.html

I have 7 tickets located in the 1st row of the South end zone (Section 9). These are great seats to watch the Bison triumph over the Penguins in possibly the biggest game in NDSU history at the Fargo Dome. Its 1 vs 3 and you will be seating right in the middle of the action. $200 per ticket or $1200 for all 7

Those are seats that are $110 for season tickets (no required Team Maker dues either). So pretty much you're looking at a 1100% markup on them for this game. I acknowledge that this is a free market but at some point the line gets crossed into what's immoral and this does that IMO.

GRAFTONBISON
10-05-2012, 01:28 PM
This one makes me shake my head: http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/3312112753.html

Those are seats that are $110 for season tickets (no required Team Maker dues either). So pretty much you're looking at a 1100% markup on them for this game. I acknowledge that this is a free market but at some point the line gets crossed into what's immoral and this does that IMO.

I believe they could be paying Teammaker dues but choose to sit in those seats.

Professor Chaos
10-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I believe they could be paying Teammaker dues but choose to sit in those seats.
That's correct, it's just not required on end zone seats (as of yet).

GRAFTONBISON
10-05-2012, 01:30 PM
That's correct, it's just not required on end zone seats (as of yet).

So, if they are paying the dues, is it really a markup?

Professor Chaos
10-05-2012, 01:31 PM
So, if they are paying the dues, is it really a markup?
Yes, because they could choose to end their Team Maker contributions, if they do make them, and they would not lose those seats. I have end zone season tickets as well and you pay a flat $110 rate for them. I also contribute to Team Makers but that's separate from my season ticket purchase. If you have a designated Team Maker seat I'm pretty sure you have to make the required donation when you buy those seats.

If I sold my tickets I wouldn't expect a buyer to help cover the costs of a Team Maker donation that I voluntarily make.

Tatanka
10-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Yes, because they could choose to end their Team Maker contributions, if they do make them, and they would not lose those seats. I have end zone season tickets as well and you pay a flat $110 rate for them. I also contribute to Team Makers but that's separate from my season ticket purchase. If you have a designated Team Maker seat I'm pretty sure you have to make the required donation when you buy those seats.

If I sold my tickets I wouldn't expect a buyer to help cover the costs of a Team Maker donation that I voluntarily make.Same here.

HandoEX
10-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Don't like the price, don't pay it. People overpay for tickets all the time. I'd pay $200 to sit front row, especially since the price is inflated because those seats are so close to Tatanka!

moosbah
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM

This is douchery. Pure unadulterated douchery.

Tatanka
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Don't like the price, don't pay it. People overpay for tickets all the time. I'd pay $200 to sit front row, especially since the price is inflated because those seats are so close to Tatanka!That is quite a benefit. Between that and all the damn emails with my likeness on them, well, that's a revenue stream I have obviously failed to capture. Will fix for next year.

Professor Chaos
10-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Don't like the price, don't pay it. People overpay for tickets all the time. I'd pay $200 to sit front row, especially since the price is inflated because those seats are so close to Tatanka!
I understand it's their right to charge whatever they please, I just don't agree with that kind of a markup. I have seats so I don't worry about it but at a certain point the line between being reasonable and greedy gets blurred.

Good for that guy if he can sell those tickets at that price, he'll recoup his entire season ticket cost and then some from one game. I just don't agree with it.

gumby013
10-05-2012, 01:48 PM
I understand it's their right to charge whatever they please, I just don't agree with that kind of a markup. I have seats so I don't worry about it but at a certain point the line between being reasonable and greedy gets blurred.

Good for that guy if he can sell those tickets at that price, he'll recoup his entire season ticket cost and then some from one game. I just don't agree with it.

Gotta finance the trip to Frisco too.

Wally
10-05-2012, 01:52 PM

Yeah it can be a bit obnoxious, but it is what it is. A little different context, but the same principle I have found out with my 2013 Masters tickets. I was able to purchase 2 for the Friday round for $150 total. On stubhub right now, they are priced from $968 to $1118 for ONE ticket! Don't know how the prices will hold up as the event gets closer, but there are people who will pay the premium.

EndZoneQB
10-05-2012, 01:53 PM

Let me guess, you will be voting democrat* in the upcoming election? Quit crying about it. I've paid more than $200 for tickets before and will do it again. I don't care about what the person is making off of me, that is my bad for not getting them earlier.

*I generally am too

Professor Chaos
10-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Let me guess, you will be voting democrat* in the upcoming election? Quit crying about it. I've paid more than $200 for tickets before and will do it again. I don't care about what the person is making off of me, that is my bad for not getting them earlier.

*I generally am too
I've paid that much for a ticket as well, just not one with a face value of $20. Like I said, good for the seller if they can move those tickets for that price but I hope that kind of greed isn't rewarded.

FWIW, my votes will most likely be mixed between the giant douches and the turd sandwiches in the upcoming election.

HandoEX
10-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Supply and demand. This is America, damnit!

Tatanka
10-05-2012, 02:07 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/amurica_hat-p148556845648066932enxqz_400.jpg

Wally
10-05-2012, 02:11 PM
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae300/garry_smith/Humor/idiot_american_fuck_yeah_001.gif

bisonaudit
10-05-2012, 02:15 PM

It could be a "make me move" price. You saw things like this on zillow and other housing sites when the market was going crazy. Many people who had no intention of moving listed their houses at stupid big markups just on the off chance that someone would bite.

I could buy share on the stock market today for $40 and immediately tell my broker to sell them if he gets an offer for $60. If you looked at all the open orders you'd see that sell order for $60 but that doesn't bear any relationship to the actual market clearing price for the stock.

loudsilverado
10-05-2012, 02:27 PM
The annual "cheap ass" thread on BV is a little early this year

BlueBisonRock
10-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Check Neg Rep.

*I generally am too

ThunderDan
10-05-2012, 03:26 PM
People will only sell tickets for what they can get others to buy them for. It's supply and demand. If thats greedy, then i can't think of too many businesses that aren't greedy. They would be out of business if they weren't.
Do you get mad at Nike when they charge you way more for a pair of shoes, then what it costs to make them? No, you just buy them and don't think twice.
Do you get mad at a bar when they charge you 5 bucks for 1 dollar worth of beer? Doubtful.

Milkman
10-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I agree with the whole supply and demand and the person selling the tix deserves whatever someone is willing to pay them. That's fine but what rubs me the wrong way with this is that a) the crazy over the top advertising style description and b) this isn't a business selling to a consumer (bar selling beer, Nike selling shoes) this is a fan selling to other fans of the same team.

Again more power to the seller but it does seem a little douchey. my $.02

NorthernBison
10-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I have never asked for a penny for my tickets (Section 4 Row G). Last year was the first season where I didn't have some sort of conflict that meant missing a game. In 2010, late in the season, I gave my two tickets to a friend so that the seats would not be empty. He had something come up so he gave them to somebody else. One day, I got an envelope in the mail with $50 in it. I called him and asked if it came from him and he said it was from the people who used the tickets and refused to tell me their names.

I wasn't dumb enough to send the money back.

FYI, there's no reson to suck up to me because I have quite a list of people already in the event I have a conflict. :biggrin:

Da Bison
10-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I think I know who's selling those tickets.

It's Barry Olander :biggrin:

HandoEX
10-05-2012, 05:16 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BisonBabe
10-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Well put me in the category of pissed off that tickets are being so heavily over priced. I don't expect something for nothing but refuse to pay an over inflated price for any event. I have never and will never pay this kind of price.

If they get someone to pay the price bully for them but it is a asshat thing to do. IMHO

EndZoneQB
10-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Well put me in the category of pissed off that tickets are being so heavily over priced. I don't expect something for nothing but refuse to pay an over inflated price for any event. I have never and will never pay this kind of price.

If they get someone to pay the price bully for them but it is a asshat thing to do. IMHO

Not to be a dick, but I guess we won't see you inside at the game on Saturday. It's homecoming, we ALL know the crazy demand for homecoming tickets to begin with...mix in a #1 rated defending National Champion and you have yourself a Molotov cocktail of capitalism... All the bitching in the world won't make the tickets cheaper. Simple economics here, they have what you want, you have no power....other than your buying power. That goes out the window as soon as someone else is willing to pay for it. Keep watching CL until tomorrow, if there are still some listed and you want to go, lowball someone. Or hell, lowball them now, who cares. Worst they can say is no.

tjbison
10-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Wow, just meant this thread to be a place for people to find tickets if they truly wanted them, didnt mean it to be a pissing match

Seems alot of people didnt have a problem spooning over double the money for NC tickets, so just thought the same would go for tomorrow

CAS4127
10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I just bought a two reserved tickets for the balance of the games this year. 4 more games X 2 = 8, and I am paying $600.00. You see, I jumped on the offer before I knew what the woman was asking. When she told me the price, I was like WTF? Turns out she was including teammaker dues in the price. I said, well, you get the benefit of the tax write off even though I am actually paying for the "charity". She babbled on and on about something about "no, that is what we had to pay to get the tickets, etc. I just said Eff it, I'll take the damn tickets since I committed. The moral of the story, some people just don't understand that ticket prices do not include teammaker donations.

So I paid $75/ticket!! Kinda pissed me off, but I wasn't gonna bail on the commitment.

GradBison
10-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Not to be a dick, but I guess we won't see you inside at the game on Saturday. It's homecoming, we ALL know the crazy demand for homecoming tickets to begin with...mix in a #1 rated defending National Champion and you have yourself a Molotov cocktail of capitalism... All the bitching in the world won't make the tickets cheaper. Simple economics here, they have what you want, you have no power....other than your buying power. That goes out the window as soon as someone else is willing to pay for it. Keep watching CL until tomorrow, if there are still some listed and you want to go, lowball someone. Or hell, lowball them now, who cares. Worst they can say is no.

Too late, you already started typing something.

Kermit
10-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I just bought a two reserved tickets for the balance of the games this year. 4 more games X 2 = 8, and I am paying $600.00. You see, I jumped on the offer before I knew what the woman was asking. When she told me the price, I was like WTF? Turns out she was including teammaker dues in the price. I said, well, you get the benefit of the tax write off even though I am actually paying for the "charity". She babbled on and on about something about "no, that is what we had to pay to get the tickets, etc. I just said Eff it, I'll take the damn tickets since I committed. The moral of the story, some people just don't understand that ticket prices do not include teammaker donations.

So I paid $75/ticket!! Kinda pissed me off, but I wasn't gonna bail on the commitment.

So this lady's husband joined Team Makers, she is po'd at him about some damn thing, and she is selling the tickets for revenge. Am I warm?

Moral of the story: never keep your Bison tickets where your wife can find them!

Kermit
10-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Too late.

Fixed it for you.

Tatanka
10-05-2012, 06:06 PM

BOOM. That just happened.

:rofl:

EndZoneQB
10-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Too late, you already started typing something.

Fixed it for you.

Perfect. I only have to post once:

check neg rep

BOOM. That just happened.

:rofl:

Am I missing something with this here??

CAS4127
10-05-2012, 06:18 PM
So this lady's husband joined Team Makers, she is po'd at him about some damn thing, and she is selling the tickets for revenge. Am I warm?

Moral of the story: never keep your Bison tickets where your wife can find them!

Whatever the story was, she just did not understand the concept of ticket prices being separated from TM dues, despite my best effort-->which was to tell he to look at the $$$ amount stated on the efffing ticket!!:banghead::pan::badpc::sigpalm:

perthbison
10-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Whatever the story was, she just did not understand the concept of ticket prices being separated from TM dues, despite my best effort-->which was to tell he to look at the $$$ amount stated on the efffing ticket!!:banghead::pan::badpc::sigpalm:Just imagine the frustration her "husband" must go through and it'll make you feel very lucky!:biggrin:

KSBisonFan
10-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Whatever the story was, she just did not understand the concept of ticket prices being separated from TM dues, despite my best effort-->which was to tell he to look at the $$$ amount stated on the efffing ticket!!:banghead::pan::badpc::sigpalm:

Was this lady from Wishek or Strasburg or any town behind the Iron Curtain in SC ND? :hide:

BisonBabe
10-05-2012, 08:00 PM

I did not pay extra for NC tickets either. I understand buying power but I choose to not be the one to pay exorbitant prices for product. I am glad the team is doing well and the games are sold out. I choose to watch them on TV rather than over pay.

While I bleed Green & Yellow my priorities are such that I must make sure that my bills are paid & my childrens needs are met. If someone has the extra $$ lying around and wants to pay top dollar that is their choice.

Rynomite
10-06-2012, 07:25 AM
I did not pay extra for NC tickets either. I understand buying power but I choose to not be the one to pay exorbitant prices for product. I am glad the team is doing well and the games are sold out. I choose to watch them on TV rather than over pay.

While I bleed Green & Yellow my priorities are such that I must make sure that my bills are paid & my childrens needs are met. If someone has the extra $$ lying around and wants to pay top dollar that is their choice.

Nicely put!

BisoninNWMN
10-06-2012, 10:51 AM
If someone can get $220 / ticket then kudos to them.

If someone is 'bitching' about the price for these tickets.....then buy season tickets next year.

BisonBabe
10-06-2012, 12:56 PM
If someone can get $220 / ticket then kudos to them.

If someone is 'bitching' about the price for these tickets.....then buy season tickets next year.

We usually have season tickets but have been the family 4packs in general admission. This year we were going to move up to reserved seating but waited to long looking at the budget and tickets were sold out. I am happy our team is doing so well. Also I should note that we will be joining Team Makers this year and next year we will be back to being season ticket holders.

TransAmBison
10-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Let me get this straight*...some people want to just pay face value for the tickets...and get the benefit of the Teammaker dues paid...but they don't feel any responsibility to pay that portion? Really? All that people have is the original owners get the tax break? Seriously? That is weaksauce. That would be the equivalent of teh Frisco Cruiser serving Koolaid Bears. (after their nap time, of course!)

*twss

bisonaudit
10-08-2012, 09:40 PM
removing double post.

bisonaudit
10-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Let me get this straight*...some people want to just pay face value for the tickets...and get the benefit of the Teammaker dues paid...but they don't feel any responsibility to pay that portion? Really? All that people have is the original owners get the tax break? Seriously? That is weaksauce. That would be the equivalent of teh Frisco Cruiser serving Koolaid Bears. (after their nap time, of course!)

*twss

Why does almost everyone insist on referencing what the seller paid for the tickets (face price or teammakers or whatever)? All that should be relevant is what the buyer is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept. If you're willing to pay it and they're willing to accept it, no one is getting taken. You know what you're buying and they know what they're selling. There's no information advantage.

TransAmBison
10-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Why does almost everyone insist on referencing what the seller paid for the tickets (face price or teammakers or whatever)? All that should be relevant is what the buyer is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept. If you're willing to pay it and they're willing to accept it, no one is getting taken. You know what you're buying and they know what they're selling. There's no information advantage.Bluebook value?

90BISON
10-08-2012, 09:47 PM
The price is whatever the market will bear! If you want to go to something badly enough, within reason, most people, assuming it's not breaking their budget, will do whatever it takes.......For the game in Frico last year, there was NO fricking way I was going to be denied tickets.......almost no matter what they cost! Probably paid more than I needed to, but I had them in MY hands.......I wasn't going to be at the mercy of someone else......

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2012, 10:13 PM

*twss
vodka induced kool aid bears?

hmm.. to the drawing board!