PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Wrestling Adds Glasser to Staff

AmberValley
10-04-2012, 05:43 PM
North Dakota State head wrestling coach Roger Kish has announced the addition of North Dakota high school legend and former University of Minnesota standout Scott Glasser to his coaching staff as a volunteer assistant.

“We’re excited to add Scott to our staff,” said Kish. “He’s energetic, a great technical teacher, and will be an asset to North Dakota State as we produce a new generation of wrestlers.”

Glasser finished his career at the University of Minnesota at No. 36 on the Gophers’ all-time wins list with a record of 101-44. He qualified for the NCAA Championships in 2010 and 2011 at 174 pounds, winning a pair of matches on both occasions. Over his final two seasons with the Gophers, Glasser won 63 matches.

Glasser was the Big Ten runner-up at 174 pounds as a junior in 2010, finishing the year with a record of 32-8 and climbing as high as No. 5 in the national rankings.

“Being past teammates with Roger and Manny and knowing Bret’s successful background gives me a lot to look forward to as a coach at North Dakota State,” said Glasser. “Only good things can happen between this group of guys, and I am excited to be a part of that.”

Glasser compiled a record of 204-23 over his career at Bismarck High School, including an undefeated 47-0 mark his senior season. He won five Class A state championships – the only athlete in North Dakota history to accomplish that feat.

A Bismarck, N.D., native, Glasser earned a bachelor’s degree in business and marketing from Minnesota in 2011.

imabison
10-04-2012, 06:23 PM
North Dakota State head wrestling coach Roger Kish has announced the addition of North Dakota high school legend and former University of Minnesota standout Scott Glasser to his coaching staff as a volunteer assistant.

“We’re excited to add Scott to our staff,” said Kish. “He’s energetic, a great technical teacher, and will be an asset to North Dakota State as we produce a new generation of wrestlers.”

Glasser finished his career at the University of Minnesota at No. 36 on the Gophers’ all-time wins list with a record of 101-44. He qualified for the NCAA Championships in 2010 and 2011 at 174 pounds, winning a pair of matches on both occasions. Over his final two seasons with the Gophers, Glasser won 63 matches.

Glasser was the Big Ten runner-up at 174 pounds as a junior in 2010, finishing the year with a record of 32-8 and climbing as high as No. 5 in the national rankings.

“Being past teammates with Roger and Manny and knowing Bret’s successful background gives me a lot to look forward to as a coach at North Dakota State,” said Glasser. “Only good things can happen between this group of guys, and I am excited to be a part of that.”

Glasser compiled a record of 204-23 over his career at Bismarck High School, including an undefeated 47-0 mark his senior season. He won five Class A state championships – the only athlete in North Dakota history to accomplish that feat.

A Bismarck, N.D., native, Glasser earned a bachelor’s degree in business and marketing from Minnesota in 2011.

Not that is matters, but what do they mean by Volunteer assistant?? Not get remibursed, just curious. Looking forward to getting to a match or 2 this year.

Kermit
10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Not that is matters, but what do they mean by Volunteer assistant?? Not get remibursed, just curious. Looking forward to getting to a match or 2 this year.

Correct. Volunteer means not paid.

imabison
10-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Correct. Volunteer means not paid.

Thanks .........

344Johnson
10-04-2012, 11:35 PM
It was a pleasure to watch him when he was in high school. Brings some valuable experience to the Herd, I also always found it nice to get tips from some of the young guys on our staff in high school.

calelars24
10-05-2012, 01:07 AM

I like this

AmberValley
10-05-2012, 01:54 PM
It appears he will be paid by 'Legends of Gold Wrestling Club'. I saw this post on the DakotaGrappler...

Legends of Gold is proud to announce the hiring of Scott Glasser for the LOG national training center located in Fargo. Terry Pack the former NJCAA college coach of the year, 2x regional college of the year who has helped lead legends to gold to the #1 ranked wrestling program in the nation according to track wrestling will over see all operations of the center as well as assist in technique on a weekly basis is. The main coaching duties will go to former North Dakota wrestling star from Bismarck, Scott Glasser. Glasser is the only 5X A state champion in ND history and was considered one of the top recruits in the nation. Scott attended the University of Minnesota where he was 4 year starter and 2X NCAA Qualifier. Glasser is currently ranked 37th all time on the University of Minnesota win list. Scott is also currently the volunteer assistant at North Dakota State University in Fargo. Scott has coached at several of the nations top camps for J Robinson as well as helped running two other youth clubs during his young career. His duties at NDSU have been correlated to coincide with LOG and the college and LOG believe they have developed a winning recipe for youth and High school wrestling in the Fargo area as well as the entire state. Several wrestlers and staff from NDSU and LOG will be working together to provide a large numbers of styles and training methods to the training center. Scott will become full time staff on Nov 1st. Practices and more info will be announced this week at www.legendsofgold .net as well as the facebook page at Facebook for LOG.