PDA

View Full Version : Bohl on crowd noise and Youngstown audibles

HerdBot
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I watched the press conference on gobison.com and Bohl was talking about Youngstowns offense and how they do a lot of audibles at the lines of scrimmage. He says they can still audible with crowd noise by using hand signals but that limits the number of changes that you can run. Basically extreme crowd noise limits the offense of the other team. I've never heard him be that detailed before.

Update : the ysu qb said in a press conference that be didn't think the dome was that loud last year. Time to step up to the challenge Bison fans and make the dome (as Pantera puts it) F#%*ING HOSTILE!

MNLonghorn10
10-02-2012, 02:43 PM
The hell is the point of this thread?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

EndZoneQB
10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Good news, this has only been discussed once on here.

MNLonghorn10
10-02-2012, 02:51 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Good news, this has only been discussed once on here.

2 years ago..probably before the rmu playoff game

EndZoneQB
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
2 years ago..probably before the rmu playoff game

No, I mean literally this exact thing about YSU was posted about 2 days ago.

IBleedYellow
10-02-2012, 02:54 PM
In other words: Bohl says we need to be loud. SO GET LOUDER!

In all seriousness, I'd say that his comments were more towards the lazy butts that don't want to move or stand up. Not the likes of us who come to these boards.

HerdBot
10-02-2012, 02:57 PM

Bohl made this quote 1 day ago. I read this board every day and I don't read every thread. Too long.

CAS4127
10-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I informed my girlfriend that she has yet to experience a true FFD atmosphere. She has only been to two Bison FB games-->RM and PV A&M. I think and hope she is in for a pleasant surprise Saturday. Let's get that place rocking!!

P.S. I am already way to wound up about this game. Major stepping stone to our ultimate goal IMO!!!

Jay
10-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I plan on not being able to speak for a week... so I guess not any different from other weeks. Helps that I sit in the best section... 21

IBleedYellow
10-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I plan on not being able to speak for a week... so I guess not any different from other weeks. Helps that I sit in the best section... 21

19, that's where the party is at. Time to migrate. Sorry friend.

EndZoneQB
10-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Bohl made this quote 1 day ago. I read this board every day and I don't read every thread. Too long.

Don't care.

Read sig:

HandoEX
10-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Shat bit zacry.

HerdBot
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Shat bit zacry.

http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/e4b3b274965808587e250f243bdc9.jpg

HerdBot
10-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Don't care.

Read sig:

How about you just STFU and go batshit crazy. Just try to not get arrested!
http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/e4b3b274965808587e250f243bdc9.jpg

EndZoneQB
10-02-2012, 03:59 PM
How about you just STFU and go batshit crazy. Just try to not get arrested!

I'm the loudest in the dome...well at least most obnoxious. Likely won't have to worry about getting arrested again...

HerdBot
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm the loudest in the dome...well at least most obnoxious. Likely won't have to worry about getting arrested again...

Im the loudest and most obnoxious on Bisonville! Definitely wont get arrested! :)

Honeybooboo
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm the fattest, just google my name

Civil06
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm the fattest, just google my name

Seriously, no avatar? :)

moosbah
10-02-2012, 04:08 PM
In other breaking news......Bohl would like his players to "tackle" the opponents, as it's disruptive to their gameplan.

Honeybooboo
10-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Seriously, no avatar? :)

Couldn't find a mirror big enough to get a good glamour shot

CAS4127
10-02-2012, 05:44 PM

Has your Deferred Imposition run its course yet?!?!?:biggrin:

EndZoneQB
10-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Has your Deferred Imposition run its course yet?!?!?:biggrin:

It sure has! Let the record state I was NEVER in Cass County's custody the night of the RMU game.

BisonFan02
10-02-2012, 06:02 PM
On a related note, Bohl wants everyone "tuned" up and ready to go for the game at 1....:D

reformedUNDfan
10-02-2012, 06:10 PM

I dunno, the fargodome now keeps a staffer within range of my dad at all times. Definitely a challenger for being most obnoxious.

tony
10-02-2012, 06:13 PM
On a related note, Bohl wants everyone "tuned" up and ready to go for the game at 1....:D

Has anybody alerted the Minot Daily News?

Seems like it's time to do a follow-up their scathing editorial about Joe Chapman saying that banning alcohol from tailgating would hurt NDSU's football program*.

* Which is not what Joe said at all... in fact, if you broke their editorial down into the smallest possible meaningful components, the only thing that the Minot Daily News got right was that Joe was the President of UND. And, no, the Minot Daily News never corrected their mistake.

EndZoneQB
10-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I dunno, the fargodome now keeps a staffer within range of my dad at all times. Definitely a challenger for being most obnoxious.

They don't even have to watch me anymore. They just know who I am. All of them, fortunately/unfortunately. lol

ysu622007
10-02-2012, 09:05 PM
From what I've seen from YSU this year, the majority of our audibles come from the sideline with nonverbal signals after the OC sees how the D is set (audibled on almost every play against Pitt). Hess and the other skill position players will get the call visually and Hess will let the linemen know the protection verbally. YSU has played in East Lansing and State College since wolford took the reins so I think they'll be able to deal with the noise when it comes to getting the play set. I would still like to see them put in a silent count though because false starts could be a problem if you guys have it rocking.

moosbah
10-02-2012, 09:08 PM
From what I've seen from YSU this year, the majority of our audibles come from the sideline with nonverbal signals after the OC sees how the D is set (audibled on almost every play against Pitt). Hess and the other skill position players will get the call visually and Hess will let the linemen know the protection verbally. YSU has played in East Lansing and State College since wolford took the reins so I think they'll be able to deal with the noise when it comes to getting the play set. I would still like to see them put in a silent count though because false starts could be a problem if you guys have it rocking.

Ask Georgia Southern about "if" we have it rocking.

I had a headache for two days after that game.

GRAFTONBISON
10-02-2012, 09:11 PM

It will be rocking, that we can guarantee.

YSU is a good team. I expect them to handle the environment just fine. Just an added element for them to overcome to leave with a win. It will not stop the crowd from trying to make it hell for them though.

Can't wait till Saturday!!

What kind of crowd do the YSU faithful expect to bring on Saturday??

TAILG8R
10-02-2012, 09:14 PM

It may not seem possible but even talking to his linemen from a foot away may be difficult at best when it gets loud. Can't think of a team that didn't underestimate the crowd noise over the last couple years. Now if they can take the crowd out of it, then of course noise will not be a factor. It will be interesting to see if the crowd can 'get back up' after YSU has a good drive.

HandoEX
10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
What kind of crowd do the YSU faithful expect to bring on Saturday??
Considering tickets were sold out in 10 minutes, I will predict that YSU will have as many fans as PVA&M or Robert Morris. Bison fans aren't selling tickets to YSU fans for this game. Bison fans are barely selling tickets to other Bison fans for this game. The Penguin player ticket allotment will get used a little and those will be the only fans in Red at the dome.

GRAFTONBISON
10-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Considering tickets were sold out in 10 minutes, I will predict that YSU will have as many fans as PVA&M or Robert Morris. Bison fans aren't selling tickets to YSU fans for this game. Bison fans are barely selling tickets to other Bison fans for this game. The Penguin player ticket allotment will get used a little and those will be the only fans in Red at the dome.

Aren't they alloted several hundred tickets though? We have seen much larger visiting teams contingents in that section than the two teams so far this year brought. I personally like it when the visitors fill their allotment. And I am also curious to get an idea of how many may be available for sale on Friday morning for some friends that may be interested in purchasing said returned tickets.

BisonNation11
10-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Aren't they alloted several hundred tickets though? We have seen much larger visiting teams contingents in that section than the two teams so far this year brought. I personally like it when the visitors fill their allotment. And I am also curious to get an idea of how many may be available for sale on Friday morning for some friends that may be interested in purchasing said returned tickets.

They are given 500 tickets in that section. I can't remember how many they used last year, but I don't think I remember anyone using them all except maybe UNI.

ISXBISON
10-02-2012, 09:43 PM
They are given 500 tickets in that section. I can't remember how many they used last year, but I don't think I remember anyone using them all except maybe UNI.

Pretty sure away team allotment is 200

ysu622007
10-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Probably won't be a lot of YSU fans making the trek. YSUs alumni are spread pretty far and wide (surprised how many are here in N.Carolina) so some in Minn and the Dakotas will probably be there. I can't imagine that a ticket to fargo or Minneapolis and then making the drive is cheap so don't expect many from Ohio. Thats the one issue we have with being in the MVFC, our nearest opponent is in Terra Haute!

BisonNation11
10-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Pretty sure away team allotment is 200

Pretty sure they get the whole section and it's 500.

Per Hammersmith's awesome skills

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26415-How-many-season-tickets-will-be-sold-by-next-August&highlight=visitor+team+tickets
6929 - TM reserved
2152 - Non-TM reserved sideline
2079 - Non-TM reserved end zone
11160 - Total reserved

2584 - General admission
13744 - Maximum season tickets

506 - Visitor section
288 - Suites
14538 - Total seats available for sale

400 - Approximate SRO tickets
14938 - Approximate max ticket sales

3913 - Student tickets
18451 - Max capacity w/o SRO
18851 - Max capacity w/ approx SRO

No handicap or press seats included

BisonNation11
10-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Probably won't be a lot of YSU fans making the trek. YSUs alumni are spread pretty far and wide (surprised how many are here in N.Carolina) so some in Minn and the Dakotas will probably be there. I can't imagine that a ticket to fargo or Minneapolis and then making the drive is cheap so don't expect many from Ohio. Thats the one issue we have with being in the MVFC, our nearest opponent is in Terra Haute!

Well spread the word to those that make the trek to hit up the tailgating lots! We will show them a good time!

Bisonguy
10-02-2012, 10:29 PM
It may not seem possible but even talking to his linemen from a foot away may be difficult at best when it gets loud. Can't think of a team that didn't underestimate the crowd noise over the last couple years. Now if they can take the crowd out of it, then of course noise will not be a factor. It will be interesting to see if the crowd can 'get back up' after YSU has a good drive.

It can get ludicrous loud in the Fargodome. I was trying to talk(yell) to another photographer standing next to me on the field after the go ahead TD in the SHSU game and he couldn't hear me. In fact, it can get so loud in the Fargodome that they don't use decibels to measure the sound pressure level, they use megabels.

roadwarrior
10-02-2012, 10:29 PM
The visitors do not get all of section 23. Any of us could have purchased tickets in this section back in August. Obviously many of us did. The away team gets 2 tickets for each player on the travel squad plus a certain number for school officials. I am pretty sure it is no where near 500.

The NCAA has a ticket allotment requirement for the playoff games though. This one might be the 500 tickets.

ISXBISON
10-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Pretty sure they get the whole section and it's 500.

Per Hammersmith's awesome skills

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26415-How-many-season-tickets-will-be-sold-by-next-August&highlight=visitor+team+tickets
6929 - TM reserved
2152 - Non-TM reserved sideline
2079 - Non-TM reserved end zone
11160 - Total reserved

2584 - General admission
13744 - Maximum season tickets

506 - Visitor section
288 - Suites
14538 - Total seats available for sale

400 - Approximate SRO tickets
14938 - Approximate max ticket sales

3913 - Student tickets
18451 - Max capacity w/o SRO
18851 - Max capacity w/ approx SRO

No handicap or press seats included

With all due respect to Hammersmith...I was told the 200 number from people in the department. Visitors do not get the whole section.

ndsubison1
10-03-2012, 07:02 AM

georgia southern said that about bama. james madison said that about north carolina

TAILG8R
10-04-2012, 03:44 PM
I watched some highlights from last years YSU game, it was not even close to a loud crowd. You could see empty seats real easily even with poor video quality. If the noise level is even near what it was last year during the playoff run, I believe they will be surprised by it.

cbline
10-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I watched some highlights from last years YSU game, it was not even close to a loud crowd. You could see empty seats real easily even with poor video quality. If the noise level is even near what it was last year during the playoff run, I believe they will be surprised by it.

^^^ Amen to this ^^^ The Fargodome crowd found their voice over the playoff run last year, and it should be back since it is Homecoming and YSU is coming to town.

westnodak93bison
10-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I've got a feeling the crowd will really be into it. I think the average fan has really increased their knowledge of the game and now knows when to crank up the volume. It's not just on 3rd down anymore.

TAILG8R
10-04-2012, 03:53 PM
I've got a feeling the crowd will really be into it. I think the average fan has really increased their knowledge of the game and now knows when to crank up the volume. It's not just on 3rd down anymore.

I also think people like being a part of something, and when they get up and cheer and everyone around is as well it makes them feel like part of the group.

coloradobison
10-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Hopefully homecoming and the lack of available tickets brings with it an atmosphere sort of like a playoff game or the UNI game last year. I think it will be a close game throughout so hopefully it's loud in there well into the 4th quarter.

tony
10-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Last year, we had this long thread complaining about student attendance for the YSU game (hunting opener plus Veteran's Day) - kind of got me riled up IIRC.

I wish we had a student section big enough for their peak demand.

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2012, 06:21 PM

Disagree with you, but sure hope to be proven wrong (like how TAB took me to the woodshed yesterday). I thought the opening game crowd, even at the very beginning, was pathetic (specifically, the east side of the field). Those crochet patterns take some serious concentration.

CAS4127
10-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Disagree with you, but sure hope to be proven wrong (like how TAB took me to the woodshed yesterday). I thought the opening game crowd, even at the very beginning, was pathetic (specifically, the east side of the field). Those crochet patterns take some serious concentration.

@Bold: These two things are not mutually exclusive. I think the average fan has in fact increased their knowledge, whether by choice or exposure. Likewise, I think the opener crowd was dull, but not because the former is inaccurate but; rather, because the opponent was incapable-->and the crowd knew (aka, increased knowledge)

How's that?

Peace out!!

BlueBisonRock
10-04-2012, 06:36 PM
@Bold: These two things are not mutually exclusive. I think the average fan has in fact increased their knowledge, whether by choice or exposure. Likewise, I think the opener crowd was dull, but not because the former is inaccurate but; rather, because the opponent was incapable-->and the crowd knew (aka, increased knowledge)

How's that?

Peace out!!

This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It is almost impossible to get pumped up when you have a 7 TD lead.

bisonmike2
10-04-2012, 06:42 PM
The Bison Media Blog, consider this your warning. Just went there and the Headline is "Grant Olson is the CAL (Can’t Afford to Lose) player"

Well my dyslexia and ADD combined to briefly send a message of "Grant Olson ACL" to my brain and I nearly had a heart attack.

Dammit guys knock it off!

CAS4127
10-04-2012, 06:48 PM
The Bison Media Blog, consider this your warning. Just went there and the Headline is "Grant Olson is the CAL (Can’t Afford to Lose) player"

Well my dyslexia and ADD combined to briefly send a message of "Grant Olson ACL" to my brain and I nearly had a heart attack.

Could be the dark glasses too!!

bisonmike2
10-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Could be the dark glasses too!!

They're tinted, not dark.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100429203416/southpark/images/e/eb/Nathan.jpg

CAS4127
10-04-2012, 07:00 PM
They're tinted, not dark.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100429203416/southpark/images/e/eb/Nathan.jpg

Just pull your cowboy hat down a bit more, and dump the tinted glasses.

I've heard it works-->just sayin'!

:offtopic::detsucks:

EightyfourBison
I'm hoping YSU is expecting crowd noise like last years game and gets crowd noise like GSU/UNI games. IIRC last years YSU game was the day they acknowledge the senior players, and Thunderstruck got cut short and the lights came on early. The crowd never recovered and the whole game just felt off.

CaBisonFan
I think that there's more awareness of Youngstown State in the general fan population now. I'd guess that a majority of fans remember the loss last year...and the fact that they beat Pittsburgh this year. Other than that, most will know that there's a really good team coming to town.

But...it won't have the intensity of a playoff game. The playoffs bring a whole different attitude. Crowd noise will be very good.

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2012, 07:16 PM
This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It is almost impossible to get pumped up when you have a 7 TD lead.

No 7 TD lead at the beginning. The quilts looked wonderful, however.

BlueBisonRock
10-04-2012, 07:34 PM
No 7 TD lead at the beginning. The quilts looked wonderful, however.

We made significant progress on ours.

HerdBot
10-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I think that there's more awareness of Youngstown State in the general fan population now. I'd guess that a majority of fans remember the loss last year...and the fact that they beat Pittsburgh this year. Other than that, most will know that there's a really good team coming to town.

But...it won't have the intensity of a playoff game. The playoffs bring a whole different attitude. Crowd noise will be very good.

But I think fans understand that if we dont win, we may not be hosting 3 potential home playoff games.

TAILG8R
10-04-2012, 07:38 PM
We made significant progress on ours.

Finished mine!
http://static.artfire.com/uploads/product/9/799/94799/1894799/1894799/large/vintage_afghan_in_classic_ripple_in_green_yellow_a nd_white_stripes_d1fed46c.jpg

CaBisonFan
10-04-2012, 07:39 PM
But I think fans understand that if we dont win, we may not be hosting 3 potential home playoff games.

This is true...but I wonder if the more casual fan will commit himself/herself to standing up and raising hell. I hope so.

gumby013
10-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Do we need Yell Practice, like Texas A&M?

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Do we need Yell Practice, like Texas A&M?

Students already had yell orientation this year.

ndsubison1
10-04-2012, 08:00 PM

i would go with michael murphy. anybody see the raiders game earlier this year? lol

gumby013
10-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Students already had yell orientation this year.

Yeah, but they don't practice before each game.

BisonNation11
10-04-2012, 08:02 PM

So who's going to go over to the line and distribute shooters?

BlueBisonRock
10-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Finished mine!
http://static.artfire.com/uploads/product/9/799/94799/1894799/1894799/large/vintage_afghan_in_classic_ripple_in_green_yellow_a nd_white_stripes_d1fed46c.jpg

Looking real good. Do you still plan to give lessons for that tricky stich before the game this Saturday?

TAILG8R
10-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Looking real good. Do you still plan to give lessons for that tricky stich before the game this Saturday?

There will be plenty of time to teach it during the game.

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2012, 08:33 PM

But, I am sure those not in line (and probably many in line*) are drinking. Same difference. :)

*Thankfully, in TAB and my day, we never would have contemplated such deplorable behavior. Next thing you know these hooligans will drink during games.

TransAmBison
10-04-2012, 08:39 PM
But, I am sure those not in line (and probably many in line*) are drinking. Same difference. :)

*Thankfully, in TAB and my day, we never would have contemplated such deplorable behavior. Next thing you know these hooligans will drink during games.Nope...never did "contemplate" it...decision was made from the beginning. :cheers:

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Nope...never did "contemplate" it...decision was made from the beginning. :cheers:

And thus, my name on Bisonville......

HerdBot
10-04-2012, 08:41 PM
This is true...but I wonder if the more casual fan will commit himself/herself to standing up and raising hell. I hope so.

As long as the core crazy bastards like me set the tone it's gonna get loud. Just having a competitive game should do the trick.

gumby013
10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
How about this...

Link a decibel meter to a system that drops parachutes with airline bottles of Jack into the crowd as the volume increases.

BlueBisonRock
10-04-2012, 08:47 PM
How about this...

Link a decibel meter to a system that drops parachutes with airline bottles of Jack into the crowd as the volume increases.

Creative thinking. I'll rep ya when one of the bottles gets to my seat.

westnodak93bison
10-04-2012, 11:18 PM
A free beer from BWW or LABBYS after the game if we top 120 dB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonNeil
10-04-2012, 11:20 PM
It can get ludicrous loud in the Fargodome. I was trying to talk(yell) to another photographer standing next to me on the field after the go ahead TD in the SHSU game and he couldn't hear me.

Yeah, but that was more likely the GSU game :D

NC game was loud, but not dome loud.

runtheoption
10-04-2012, 11:56 PM
How about this...

Or they could shoot T-shirts into the crowd on 3rd downs. That seems to be the only thing that gets the non-fan fans to make noise.

EndZoneQB
10-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Creative thinking. I'll rep ya when one of the bottles gets to my seat.

Until then tho, it's more of the same right?

check neg rep(not you)

344Johnson
10-05-2012, 12:02 AM
I expect a rocking student section, which leads to a rocking dome. BisoNation fools. PuMp iT UPPPPP!!!!!

MNLonghorn10
10-05-2012, 12:05 AM
I expect a rocking student section, which leads to a rocking dome. BisoNation fools. PuMp iT UPPPPP!!!!!
cant be rockin when a buncha 20 year old sober dudes are in the front row

bisonwest
10-05-2012, 12:06 AM

I know you'll never believe this, but it is quite possible that the dome is louder than those venues due to the roof. Last years game was not typical of an energized crowd in the Fargodome. I'm guessing the Penguins will deal relatively well with the noise due to the fact that they have played in hostile environments before.

North Side
10-05-2012, 12:09 AM
My ears rang for 2 days from the GSU game.

PlainsBison
10-05-2012, 12:20 AM
My ears rang for 2 days from the GSU game.

I am wearing protection (ear plugs) so I don't have to deal with that.

KTF
10-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Can't they just hand signal everything? I know that I have seen Brock hand singaling to Smith a few times this year.

Bison03
10-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Teams practice with the silent count all the time, especially teams coming to the dome. But when it comes to the actual game, the online can sill jump from not hearing or seeing the snap. I think if we can get the crowd close to playoff decibels, it will make things difficult. It's time for all those new season ticket holders and diehards to show the new era of fan loudness.

Bisonguy
10-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Teams practice with the silent count all the time, especially teams coming to the dome. But when it comes to the actual game, the online can sill jump from not hearing or seeing the snap. I think if we can get the crowd close to playoff decibels, it will make things difficult. It's time for all those new season ticket holders and diehards to show the new era of fan loudness.

Herro Roudness!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxMMi8HEe7Q

Hammerhead
10-05-2012, 01:27 AM
I can't remember if it was the Metrodome or the Edward Jones dome where they showed a decibel meter on the video screens and it did get louder when they were up there.

How about this...

Jude3
10-05-2012, 01:55 AM
I can't remember if it was the Metrodome or the Edward Jones dome where they showed a decibel meter on the video screens and it did get louder when they were up there.

I remember my father telling the story of when he went to game 6 and 7 in the metrodome for the twins in the 1987 world series. He said they had a decibel meter that they broke from all the noise. I guess I don't know what the official level was that pushed it over the edge but that's still pretty impressive. Not sure if this may have been what you were referring to but I'll at least affirm the metrodome has had decibel meters in there before based on that story.

Tatanka
10-05-2012, 02:16 AM
The Hearnes Center at Missouri had digital readouts in the corners by the court. Pretty much always above 100.

AjaxTheMighty
10-05-2012, 03:19 AM
You can't consistently operate at peek performance if the decibel level is as loud as a rock concert. It's hard to work like that. Be loud! We can make life tough and have an effect on the game. It doesn't matter if USC came in here, it would be ard to deal with.

Go Bison!!

BisonNation11
10-05-2012, 03:28 AM
You can't consistently operate at peek performance if the decibel level is as loud as a rock concert. It's hard to work like that. Be loud! We can make life tough and have an effect on the game. It doesn't matter if USC came in here, it would be ard to deal with.

Go Bison!!

Speaking of USC and false starts, I think they have had at least 5 against Utah tonight through 3 quarters.

BisonAccountant44
10-05-2012, 03:38 AM
It can get ludicrous loud in the Fargodome. I was trying to talk(yell) to another photographer standing next to me on the field after the go ahead TD in the SHSU game and he couldn't hear me. In fact, it can get so loud in the Fargodome that they don't use decibels to measure the sound pressure level, they use megabels.

Yeah, but that was more likely the GSU game :D

NC game was loud, but not dome loud.

I assumed he was talking about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw

cbline
10-05-2012, 02:50 PM

Yes, it was tremendously loud after that TD. Plus, many people had left, assuming that the Bison would lose. So the decibels per fan was way off of the charts that day.

Hammerhead
10-05-2012, 07:57 PM
It must be the people that sit on their hands that always leave early. Watching various college and NFL games on TV, it seems like the cheers for the home team are just as loud after 1/2 the seats are empty when a good play happens as they are in the 1st quarter.

Yes, it was tremendously loud after that TD. Plus, many people had left, assuming that the Bison would lose. So the decibels per fan was way off of the charts that day.

BisonNeil
10-05-2012, 07:58 PM

I thought about that, but I don't really regard that game as loud in comparison to UNI or GSU last year. But, I guess that is just me.

17>1
10-05-2012, 09:44 PM
I thought about that, but I don't really regard that game as loud in comparison to UNI or GSU last year. But, I guess that is just me.

That game, overall, was probably not as loud. But I think what the poster above might be saying is that play drew a crowd noise that rivaled any playoff noise from last year.

Bisonguy
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM

Precisely what I was talking about. That was the single loudest moment I've witnessed on the field of the Fargodome during the past 5 years. There have been plenty of games where the crowd was making noise for much more of the game, but that still is one of the loudest single moments. If there had been 19,000 fans each screaming that loud instead of the 7,000 that remained, there would have been eardrums exploding all over the Fargodome.

Rynomite
10-06-2012, 06:35 AM

I dont beleive it!

A1pigskin
10-06-2012, 10:33 PM
How was the sound meter today?

Jude3
10-07-2012, 12:15 AM
How was the sound meter today?

On the radio Scottie said that sight on sound is measuring the levels in the dome this year and the meter hit 124 decibels today.

westnodak93bison
10-07-2012, 12:53 AM
On the radio Scottie said that sight on sound is measuring the levels in the dome this year and the meter hit 124 decibels today.

Not near Georgia Southern imho. Kind of mellow imho but what do you expect with an ass kicking of Bison proportions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MNLonghorn10
10-07-2012, 01:04 AM
well..its almost starting to be expected to show up...kick some ass...go home now.

Bisonguy
10-07-2012, 01:18 AM

Site on Sound was just the sponsor for it AFAIK. There was some dude holding up what looked to be an iPhone with a small mic on top in the endzone, usually near the band or the student section.

I don't know if I'c consider it an accurate measurement, but could be considered for comparisons to other games in the Fargodome.

344Johnson
10-07-2012, 01:19 AM
well..its almost starting to be expected to show up...kick some ass...go home now.

Disappointed. Game was lame after figuring out that NDSU was woodshedding this team like a drunk stepfather.

A1pigskin
10-07-2012, 01:23 AM
I didn't think it was as loud as Georgia Southern game.

BisonNation11
10-07-2012, 01:43 AM

My ears aren't ringing. We simply did our job when necessary and went home.

HerdBot
10-07-2012, 01:56 AM
I thought it was very loud. Not Georgia Southern loud but the first half was impressive. Had a playoff vibe but still too many people sitting on 1st and 2nd. 2nd half died down but for a blowout it was impressive.

bri-dog
10-07-2012, 04:00 AM
Well, I'll be damned. I just watched the replay on ESPN3 (the sound pretty much sucked at the watch party in CO). They talked about the 115 decibels, and how it can cause eardrum and ear lobe damage.

And here I always attributed ear lobe pain on Sunday mornings to my massive hangovers.

Glad to know that it's never been my fault...

Putz
10-07-2012, 04:22 AM

Agreed. Didn't have the intensity of the gs game, but my ears are ringing so must have had good volume at the beginning.

BlueBisonRock
10-07-2012, 04:31 AM
Think about the William's pick and then tell me that there were no significant noise filled moments during the game. Yes, there could easily have been a more sustained intensity ... but that moment was an eruption.

And, what the hell is the sense in doing the wave when our offense has the ball? Is there a remedial 'how to cheer' class being scheduled?

Please remember I am a bit less sensitive after driving 5 hours. I should be my normal lovable self tomorrow.

BisonNation11
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Think about the William's pick and then tell me that there were no significant noise filled moments during the game. Yes, there could easily have been a more sustained intensity ... but that moment was an eruption.

And, what the hell is the sense in doing the wave when our offense has the ball? Is there a remedial 'how to cheer' class being scheduled?

Please remember I am a bit less sensitive after driving 5 hours. I should be my normal lovable self tomorrow.

IMO, we're usually busy cheering on the defense so the wave would distract from that intensity.

tjamz
10-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Site on Sound was just the sponsor for it AFAIK. There was some dude holding up what looked to be an iPhone with a small mic on top in the endzone, usually near the band or the student section.

I don't know if I'c consider it an accurate measurement, but could be considered for comparisons to other games in the Fargodome.

If they let me down on the field, I'd be happy to set up my TermLab SPL meter that is certified accurate to 185 dB so we could have something resembling "official" results

Bison03
10-07-2012, 05:02 PM

With a 38 point lead in the 4th quarter, I don't think it was that big of deal. It's not like the wa e is loud. And I doubt the offense was distracted at all. Maybe 5th graders would be, but not college football players. It was more or a, this game is a blowout and let's do something fun as we are blowing them out. If the crowd was doing the wave in a close game, then I would have a problem.

BlueBisonRock
10-07-2012, 05:10 PM
With a 38 point lead in the 4th quarter, I don't think it was that big of deal. It's not like the wa e is loud. And I doubt the offense was distracted at all. Maybe 5th graders would be, but not college football players. It was more or a, this game is a blowout and let's do something fun as we are blowing them out. If the crowd was doing the wave in a close game, then I would have a problem.

Good to know your perspective.

I simply am not a fan of the wave.

WHoooo!

PaBizon
10-07-2012, 06:44 PM

WHoooo!

WHooooo thats funny :) Agreed the wave is lame at anytime

Bisonguy
10-07-2012, 07:27 PM
If they let me down on the field, I'd be happy to set up my TermLab SPL meter that is certified accurate to 185 dB so we could have something resembling "official" results

Well, I do have experience with an AudioControl RTA, but it's been about 15 years........

The guy I saw holding what I believed to be the spl meter had it about shoulder height and maybe about 5 feet in front of the stands.

56BISON73
10-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I thought it was very loud. Not Georgia Southern loud but the first half was impressive. Had a playoff vibe but still too many people sitting on 1st and 2nd. 2nd half died down but for a blowout it was impressive.

:facepalm:

Bisonguy
10-07-2012, 09:59 PM

It's impossible for spambots to sit and knit on first and second down, therefore it's incomprehensible to gabe that people in the real world would choose to do so.

tony
10-07-2012, 10:21 PM

WHoooo!

The students' WIPEOUT dance is gold though. Great student section.

NDSUBowler
10-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Love that. I feel like that and the hands up on kickoffs are our 'signatures' (moreso than the 'thats another bison first down').

It's fun to do the wipeout and its fun to watch as well. Seems like it has really been embraced by the students in the last few years especially.

BlueBisonRock
10-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Wipeout is excellent. And the student section is to be commended. They were still in the house in the middle of the fourth quarter. And they were rockin'.

Love that. I feel like that and the hands up on kickoffs are our 'signatures' (moreso than the 'thats another bison first down').

It's fun to do the wipeout and its fun to watch as well. Seems like it has really been embraced by the students in the last few years especially.

UTH
10-08-2012, 02:57 AM

I think he was talking about you.:facepalm: