PDA

View Full Version : Farley Comments

HerdBot
10-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Here's a quote about Varmah Sonie fumbling. Does it sounds like he's blaming the entire loss on Varmah?

“That was the difference in the game,” said UNI head coach Mark Farley. “He probably shouldn’t have fielded that punt. Huge error. Huge error. Unacceptable error.”

CaBisonFan
10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Farley...such a class act...lays the loss on one player.

Sonie...such a class act...didn't shake hands after the coin toss.

But...you know...Farley teaches this attitude. It affects the discipline of the team on the field.

The purple scrum.

TransAmBison
10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Here's a quote about Varmah Sonie fumbling. Does it sounds like he's blaming the entire loss on Varmah?

“That was the difference in the game,” said UNI head coach Mark Farley. “He probably shouldn’t have fielded that punt. Huge error. Huge error. Unacceptable error.”Sounds pretty accurate to me.

BlueBisonRock
10-01-2012, 07:22 PM

“That was the difference in the game,” said UNI head coach Mark Farley. “He probably shouldn’t have fielded that punt. Huge error. Huge error. Unacceptable error.”

I don't blame Farley for his attitude. It is a part of him and we as fans should simply accept his pettiness. I do like the TV theory...

However, using the turnovers as an excuse is unexcusable. Turnovers are a part of the game. If your team is pressing or unprepared, turnovers are more likely to occur. (Stated another way, minimizing turnovers or their impact is a coaching responsibility). Fielding a punt inside the ten - coaching. Attempting to pitch to your buddy (or not tucking the ball) - coaching. Underthrowing the ball - Execution which then becomes player and preperation or coaching. Missing a block - Execution which again is a shared responsibility.

I took his comments as not stepping up as a coach and trying to deflect responsibility. In essence, he is throwing his assistants and players under the bus. No class at all.

That is all.

HerdBot
10-01-2012, 07:31 PM
That is all.

Sounds like he's selling out his player publically and not taking any responsiblity for the loss or not giving any credit. That's the vibe I get. What a DB

KilldeerBison
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Sounds like he's selling out his player publically and not taking any responsiblity for the loss or not giving any credit. That's the vibe I get. What a DB

Went to the UNI football site, on that webcast, in response to losing their WR, Farley said something like "it was really disappointing, WE have been trying to clean up stuff like that", seems like he was insinuating the hit was deliberate and intended to take the receiver out of the game. Farley is struggling to accept the loss to NDSU. So glad we have Bohl, class act!!

TAILG8R
10-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Went to the UNI football site, on that webcast, in response to losing their WR, Farley said something like "it was really disappointing, WE have been trying to clean up stuff like that", seems like he was insinuating the hit was deliberate and intended to take the receiver out of the game. Farley is struggling to accept the loss to NDSU. So glad we have Bohl, class act!!

Almost as much as he is struggling to accept his loss of hair.

http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/markfarley.jpg

Tatanka
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081118162022/starwars/images/f/fb/Ackbar_HS.jpg

HerdBot
10-01-2012, 07:51 PM

It was a clean hit and it cost us a TD even homer announcers agreed. ! This guy is a moron.

Kermit
10-01-2012, 08:09 PM
http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/markfarley.jpg

"Derp!"

MNLonghorn10
10-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Is he tryin to look like bohl and securing that first natty uni hasnt achieved in 35 years that ndsu was able to conquer in 4?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

cbline
10-01-2012, 08:30 PM
In a short period of time, the Bison have become the top team not only in the Missouri Valley, but in the FCS. I am sure that this irritates the "old guard" of FCS who thought that NDSU would learn its lesson in the move up from Division II, and that they would be the ones who would put the Bison in their place. After a relatively short time, the Herd has asserted themselves with continued success. Note to the Missouri Valley and FCS: times have changed, and if you don't adapt then you will continue in NDSU's shadow.

Da Bison
10-01-2012, 08:50 PM

Heard this after the game on the way to the Motel. At the time I thought what a DB. But my wife reminded me about what I said right before the punt. I was watching Sonnie walk back very nonchalantly, he wasn't even looking at the punter until just as the ball was snapped.(pretty cool huh). I told her he was trying to look like a stud. Then he fumbles and the uni fan in front of us turns and says "you called it"

What I can't excuse Farley for is the way he wouldn't compliment NDSU for being the better team. He blamed everything on UNI being broke and having to play Wisconsin. Said his guys were just too worn down in the 2nd half.

BlueBisonRock
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Heard this after the game on the way to the Motel. At the time I thought what a DB. But my wife reminded me about what I said right before the punt. I was watching Sonnie walk back very nonchalantly, he wasn't even looking at the punter until just as the ball was snapped.(pretty cool huh). I told her he was trying to look like a stud. Then he fumbles and the uni fan in front of us turns and says "you called it"

What I can't excuse Farley for is the way he wouldn't compliment NDSU for being the better team. He blamed everything on UNI being broke and having to play Wisconsin. Said his guys were just too worn down in the 2nd half.

Conditioning - Once again Coaching responsibility to get the players ready. I actually feel bad for a number of the players on that team. Not all, but a number.

bisonmike2
10-01-2012, 08:55 PM
He'll have plenty of time to reflect on his comments when he's LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Gully
10-01-2012, 08:55 PM
What a DB.

CAS4127
10-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Glad we have in Fargo next year for another ass-kicking by our then sr-dominated team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DjKyRo
10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
He'll have plenty of time to reflect on his comments when he's LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5zwlu5YB81r8ku9oo1_500.gif

BisonNation11
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Glad we have in Fargo next year for another ass-kicking by our then sr-dominated team.

Christmas wish: ^^^This would be next year's banner raising game!^^^

bisonmike2
10-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Christmas wish: ^^^This would be next year's banner raising game!^^^

This would be great. And since he likes to watch footage of NDSU winning the national championship*, Bohl could give him the new Bison repeat as national champions DVD during the pre-game handshake.

*I think it was Kolpack who mentioned something about UNI playing footage of NDSU winning the NC in their weight room this off season.

MNLonghorn10
10-02-2012, 02:09 PM
What a DB.

What a dan barriero?

bisonmike2
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
What a dan barriero?

dreamy bro

HerdBot
10-02-2012, 02:18 PM
What a DB.

a device used for cleansing and freshening the vaginal area

bisonmike2
10-02-2012, 02:19 PM
a device used for cleansing and freshening the vaginal area

a drill bit?

jimmyptubas
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/coolness5521/drillbit_zpsbc217851.jpg

tcbison
10-02-2012, 03:27 PM

Next year Farley will use the excuse that the Bison won because they were playing at home. That was the excuse he used last year.

A1pigskin
10-03-2012, 02:43 AM
DB is a sore loser. He's jealous NDSU has a great program.

JustinTyem
10-03-2012, 03:00 AM
http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/markfarley.jpg 2164

heffray
10-03-2012, 05:56 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081118162022/starwars/images/f/fb/Ackbar_HS.jpg

YES!!!!! Love it.