PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming activities

BisonTeacher
09-30-2012, 03:14 AM
Any other bisonvillers going to the alumni shin-dig at the holiday inn friday night?

Gully
09-30-2012, 09:58 PM
We're staying at the Holiday so we might go...not sure about Friday. We are going to bidders bowl at the Holiday on Saturday night.

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Anyone know what time chubs opens sat morn? Was hoping to stop there for one b4 hitting the tailgate lot.

Also...what time does the regular parking lot open at the dome?

IndyBison
10-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Wish I could be there. I keep getting emails from the alumni association about the 90s gathering. I will be on the field of Manchester College for their battle against Defiance. It will be the most important game in the country to everyone there.

Wally
10-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Anyone know what time chubs opens sat morn? Was hoping to stop there for one b4 hitting the tailgate lot.

Also...what time does the regular parking lot open at the dome?

If I remember right, chubs is open at 8

EndZoneQB
10-01-2012, 02:25 AM
If I remember right, chubs is open at 8

Parking lot opens at 8 as well.

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Parking lot opens at 8 as well.

Ok. I thought i saw someone post 630 so i wanted to check.

chuckles
10-01-2012, 03:24 AM

7:30am for those with a reserved spot!

runtheoption
10-01-2012, 01:16 PM

I said 6:30 am, my math skills suck. So, kickoff is 1:04 pm. Tailgating lot opens at 7:34 am. Skip Chubs, no time for that. "Let's stop for just one", next thing you know you will be in a mad rush to get up to the Dome for kickoff.

Gully
10-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Wish I could be there. I keep getting emails from the alumni association about the 90s gathering. I will be on the field of Manchester College for their battle against Defiance. It will be the most important game in the country to everyone there.

I'd like to think I know of a lot of colleges, even the smaller schools, but can't say that I know of these two. DIII or NAIA? Rivalary game apparently?

EndZoneQB
10-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I said 6:30 am, my math skills suck. So, kickoff is 1:04 pm. Tailgating lot opens at 7:34 am. Skip Chubs, no time for that. "Let's stop for just one", next thing you know you will be in a mad rush to get up to the Dome for kickoff.

Exactly. Tailgating starts well before 730, tho.

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM

First your reading skills...now your math skills? Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Your lesson will begin at approximately 8:30 as we will be stopping for one at chubs. And trust me...it will be just one. especially since I need to be somewhat coherent to conduct your lesson. Chubs is our tradition.

CAS4127
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM
First your reading skills...now your math skills? Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Your lesson will begin at approximately 8:30 as we will be stopping for one at chubs. And trust me...it will be just one. especially since I need to be somewhat coherent to conduct your lesson. Chubs is our tradition.

So the rough sex is a product of Chubs and the romantic sex is a product of Hubert's?!?!?

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 03:50 PM
So the rough sex is a product of Chubs and the romantic sex is a product of Hubert's?!?!?

Not sure where you are getting sex out of this ...but ok...I'll go with it.

We said Chubs. Not Chubbys. We will save you a seat at the reading class that morning next to RTO. Man what a class photo that would be. :biggrin:

CAS4127
10-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Not sure where you are getting sex out of this ...but ok...I'll go with it.

We said Chubs. Not Chubbys. We will save you a seat at the reading class that morning next to RTO. Man what a class photo that would be. :biggrin:

Well, you told us a while back that you and the wifey met up at Hubert's for one of the early Minny v. NDSU games and later got married even though she didn't like you because you were " not very nice to her" while the two of you were undergrads. I just extrapolated from there with a sex component added in-->my mind works in odd ways some times.

Sorry!!

BlueBisonRock
10-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Well, you told us a while back that you and the wifey met up at Hubert's for one of the early Minny v. NDSU games and later got married even though she didn't like you because you were " not very nice to her" while the two of you were undergrads. I just extrapolated from there with a sex component added in-->my mind works in odd ways some times.

Sorry!!

Lawyers!!!

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 04:15 PM

Sorry!!

No apologies necessary. I figured that's where you were going but I felt shame about posting that story about my wife and I reconnecting. Pretty lame post. Feel free to come by and say hi saturday. At the tailgating lot...I mean. :biggrin:

CAS4127
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
No apologies necessary. I figured that's where you were going but I felt shame about posting that story about my wife and I reconnecting. Pretty lame post. Feel free to come by and say hi saturday. At the tailgating lot...I mean. :biggrin:

A prerequisite to posting on BV is that one must be shameless-->Tranny is an excellent example!!

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 05:31 PM
A prerequisite to posting on BV is that one must be shameless

Well then then I fit in well.

BlueBisonRock
10-01-2012, 05:59 PM

Are you not planning to stop by The Order of the Horny Bison? If not for you, you must stop by for your wife.

:hide: (She can use a good laugh).

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Are you not planning to stop by The Order of the Horny Bison? If not for you, you must stop by for your wife.

:hide: (She can use a good laugh).

Who knows. I would like to stop by and at least say hi. I need to see you at some point for sure, but I figured at the least Id catch you while you are wandering taking photos. YOu never answered my question if you still wanted to take a look at that ND/AC book. Just trying to make a list of everything I need to bring and don't want to forget anything.

BisonNation11
10-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Come hell or high water, I WILL BE stopping by the The Order to meet everyone! Unless the wife says I can't :hide:

However, I think if I can guarantee her a drink with Tatanka and some of the famous sausage from PL with a chance of seeing papa Jensen again, she will be more into the idea of getting me there!

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Oh...and last time I came by there was a big to-do about someone putting on a pink sioux jersey so I didnt get to meet everyone. So if I miss a few again...I was saying they should come by where we tailgate and say hi as well.

BlueBisonRock
10-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Who knows. I would like to stop by and at least say hi. I need to see you at some point for sure, but I figured at the least Id catch you while you are wandering taking photos. YOu never answered my question if you still wanted to take a look at that ND/AC book. Just trying to make a list of everything I need to bring and don't want to forget anything.

Are you saying I am delinquent in my duties? Ya know, you are likely right. Last home game, I attempted to wander the lot, but never got more than 50 feet from the 'spot'. I feel real guilty as I have not even wandered to the Kiddie Bus to make sure they are not behaving. Too much exposure to Tranny, I guess. (Still no tatoos and the only goats near the lot are those brought in for Tranny's personal reasons)

Yes on the book, but lets make sure it doesn't wander too far from your protection.

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Are you saying I am delinquent in my duties? Ya know, you are likely right. Last home game, I attempted to wander the lot, but never got more than 50 feet from the 'spot'. I feel real guilty as I have not even wandered to the Kiddie Bus to make sure they are not behaving. Too much exposure to Tranny, I guess. (Still no tatoos and the only goats near the lot are those brought in for Tranny's personal reasons)

Yes on the book, but lets make sure it doesn't wander too far from your protection.

Not at all what I was trying to say. I didnt get to meet CAS and Tranny last time was what I meant. They were "busy". I met SD, and Tatanka.

Also, If you want to read the book, I can leave it with you for a while. I'm confident I will get it back.

EndZoneQB
10-01-2012, 06:24 PM

I was gonna say, we definitely didn't have a visit from Mr. Rock last game! I thought maybe I/we did something to offend you...haha.

Everyone is more than welcome to stop at our bus too. Not sure what we'll have for food, but might try to do something since my smoker is still MIA.

CAS4127
10-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Not at all what I was trying to say. I didnt get to meet CAS and Tranny last time was what I meant. They were "busy". I met SD, and Tatanka.

Also, If you want to read the book, I can leave it with you for a while. I'm confident I will get it back.

That kind of "busy" ain't gonna happen again, that's all I have to say.

Oh, and the jersey was "salmon" colored, not "pink"!!

When are you people gonna get that right!!!????:hide::(

runtheoption
10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
That kind of "busy" ain't gonna happen again, that's all I have to say.

Oh, and the jersey was "salmon" colored, not "pink"!!

When are you people gonna get that right!!!????:hide::(

What do you mean by "you people?"

Christ, I am really going to have to educate you in our remedial math and reading class. But, I bet we could put on a helluva Tax Evasion class for Bisonville.

CAS4127
10-01-2012, 07:12 PM

Christ, I am really going to have to educate you in our remedial math and reading class. But, I bet we could put on a helluva Tax Evasion class for Bisonville.

"You people"?!?! You Answered!!

I do not cheat/evade on taxes, as I am one of the 47% who lives on government handouts!!

EFFF, now I have forgotten what thread I am even typing in!!:offtopic:

BisonTeacher
10-01-2012, 07:37 PM

Seriously Im still having a chuckle picturing you two in a class together. For the love of god...somebody send me an elementary picture of CAS and RTO...I will do some photoshopping!!!

CAS4127
10-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Seriously Im still having a chuckle picturing you two in a class together. For the love of god...somebody send me an elementary picture of CAS and RTO...I will do some photoshopping!!!

Here's one from kindergarten of RTO--can't find any of me:
http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/643fa757bcbc03ff6042dfa303cb81252ba833ea_m.jpg

runtheoption
10-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Here's one from kindergarten of RTO--can't find any of me:
http://img.ffffound.com/static-data/assets/6/643fa757bcbc03ff6042dfa303cb81252ba833ea_m.jpg

Obviously photoshopped. I did not have a pair of Chuck Taylor's.

IndyBison
10-02-2012, 01:58 AM
I'd like to think I know of a lot of colleges, even the smaller schools, but can't say that I know of these two. DIII or NAIA? Rivalary game apparently?
DIII. Neither team is very good. Manchester is in northern Indiana between Fort Wayne and South Bend. The last time I worked there I met a coach who also coached at Minot State at one time! Defiance is northwestern Ohio and home of Sam Hornish Jr. I don't believe it is much of a rivalry but we always take the attitude that the game we are working is the most important game in the country. It is to the players and coaches so it might as well be for us as well.

I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of schools you've never heard of. These are the schools in the conference I work:
Manchester (IN)
Anderson (IN)
Franklin (IN)
Rose-Hulman (IN)
Earlham (IN)
Franklin (IN)
Hanover (IN)
Defiance (OH)
Bluffton (OH)
Mt. St. Joseph (OH)

Franklin is the only team ranked in the top 25 (#22).

We also work home games at 2 NAIA schools - St. Francis (IN) and Taylor (IN). St. Francis is typically a top 10 team in NAIA and they beat the #1 team last week. These schools are typically as good or better than the DIII schools in our conference. Taylor beat Anderson this year 46-0.

roadwarrior
10-03-2012, 02:45 PM
If you believe the weather forecasts, there is a new homecoming week activity scheduled for tomorrow:

Shovel the snow!

EndZoneQB
10-03-2012, 02:50 PM
If you believe the weather forecasts, there is a new homecoming week activity scheduled for tomorrow:

Shovel the snow!

And then all indications are it'll be in the 60s for the game next week. I hate you ND.

BisonTeacher
10-05-2012, 02:55 AM
So back to the original topic...if any bisonvillers will be at the alumni event at the holiday inn friday night let me know.

56BISON73
10-05-2012, 03:22 AM
And then all indications are it'll be in the 60s for the game next week. I hate you ND.

Perfect for the cajun shrimp boil!!!!!

Fast50Dad
10-05-2012, 01:59 PM
From NDSU:

Join NDSU alumni and fans for the Homecoming Party!

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
Holiday Inn – Fargo
6-11 p.m.
No cover charge – bring your friends and celebrate NDSU!
Chili buffet and cash bar
Photo opportunity with football championship trophy and Thundar
NDSU Bookstore on-site with Bison gear for sale
Brat Pack Radio takes the stage at 8 p.m.
For more information on other Homecoming activities, visit www.ndsuhomecoming.com

Download the new BISON GAME DAY app today!

: Facebook.com/ndsu.fargo
: @NDSUNews
: NDSU Alumni group
: NDSUBookstore.com

NDSU Alumni Association | 1241 N University Dr. Fargo, ND 58102 | 800-279-8971 | contact us | privacy policy | unsubscribe

Wally
10-05-2012, 02:06 PM
From NDSU:

Join NDSU alumni and fans for the Homecoming Party!

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2012
Holiday Inn – Fargo
6-11 p.m.
No cover charge – bring your friends and celebrate NDSU!
Chili buffet and cash bar
Photo opportunity with football championship trophy and Thundar
NDSU Bookstore on-site with Bison gear for sale
Brat Pack Radio takes the stage at 8 p.m.
For more information on other Homecoming activities, visit www.ndsuhomecoming.com

Download the new BISON GAME DAY app today!

: Facebook.com/ndsu.fargo
: @NDSUNews
: NDSU Alumni group
: NDSUBookstore.com

NDSU Alumni Association | 1241 N University Dr. Fargo, ND 58102 | 800-279-8971 | contact us | privacy policy | unsubscribe

Just really wanted to use this gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltlyy4d8sH1qe35oj.gif

BisonTeacher
10-06-2012, 03:40 AM
Good to see bisonvillers tonight. Finally got to meet izzy. Did you know he is white? ;-)

Rockbear99
10-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Wish they would stream the parade for those of us that couldn't make it down.

IzzyFlexion
10-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Wish they would stream the parade for those of us that couldn't make it down.

Off topic.......but how's the injury recovery going Rockbear?

Rockbear99
10-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Good the root canal was easy beans and I go in for a crown on Oct 15

56BISON73
10-08-2012, 02:20 AM
I think the brake caliper story was a ruse. Me thinks he smarted off to the wife.:biggrin:

BisonFan02
10-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Off topic.......but how's the injury recovery going Rockbear?

Speaking of injury, it appeared Izzy had injured himself destroying das boot in the Frisco Cruiser....listed as probable for Indiana State. :D

BlueBisonRock
10-08-2012, 04:20 AM
Speaking of injury, it appeared Izzy had injured himself destroying das boot in the Frisco Cruiser....listed as probable for Indiana State. :D

He is one tough SOB. Despite his obvious flaws and mental challenges, I believe he will be back by the Indiana State game and will improve his bootability. Right now, it is simply a matter of technique. (Wait? Was his injury only his pride and him needing to mop up the competition, or did he aggravate his wrist again?)

BisonFan02
10-08-2012, 04:32 AM
He is one tough SOB. Despite his obvious flaws and mental challenges, I believe he will be back by the Indiana State game and will improve his bootability. Right now, it is simply a matter of technique. (Wait? Was his injury only his pride and him needing to mop up the competition, or did he aggravate his wrist again?)

Wrist and technique looked good, sweatshirt took most of the impact and saved further injury. :D