PDA

View Full Version : John Crockett

silkamilkamonico
09-30-2012, 02:03 AM
This dude is something special. Incredibly explosive, dude doesn't f around, gets the ball and goes. I hold my breathe everytime he touches the ball. He's going to get to a point where he's going to bust through consistently for some big runs every game it looks like. Dude definietely has potential to be playing on Sundays. Dude runs salty.

devin45k
09-30-2012, 02:22 AM
If you didn't follow the Bison, you would think he was the Senior star RB

WRSDBison
09-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Agree, but he needs to learn how to handle an onside kick.

PaBizon
09-30-2012, 02:27 AM
BIG TIME back

IzzyFlexion
09-30-2012, 02:34 AM
that cut to the corner on the big run was fabulous!

bisonmike2
09-30-2012, 02:39 AM
He's good.

You are welcome for that detailed analysis.

KTF
09-30-2012, 04:25 AM
anyway he starts next week?

Rynomite
09-30-2012, 04:42 AM
This dude is something special. Incredibly explosive, dude doesn't f around, gets the ball and goes. I hold my breathe everytime he touches the ball. He's going to get to a point where he's going to bust through consistently for some big runs every game it looks like. Dude definietely has potential to be playing on Sundays. Dude runs salty.

Totally agree! It's exciting to see him and Vraa. It'll be fun watching them lead us to our next two championships!

RowdyRabbit
09-30-2012, 05:37 AM
I was surprised to see his stats today...I haven't looked at your previous games stats...was this his breakout game?

I though Ojuri was supposed to be the man?

Rynomite
09-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Just a breakout season. I think he has 4 TD's on the season thus far? 122 yds this early in his starting career is nice to see. I think UNI was more prepared to defend Sam, but they didn't know much about Johnny. This combo will help us keep the lead next week!

silkamilkamonico
09-30-2012, 07:21 AM
I was surprised to see his stats today...I haven't looked at your previous games stats...was this his breakout game?

I though Ojuri was supposed to be the man?

Sam is still solid, but Crocket is strealing carries. Dudes good. Really good.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Rynomite
09-30-2012, 07:23 AM
Agreed! I look forward to watching his development. Along with Vraa!

A1pigskin
09-30-2012, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't doubt he starts next Saturday. For taking 2 years off, he is awesome. He improves every week.

westnodak93bison
09-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Seems Crockett runs a little to up right but then again so did Eric Dickerson.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hambone
10-08-2012, 02:57 PM
I just posted this on CS, but I thought I'd share here too. Give you an outsiders view.

Personally last year I thought Ojuri was better than McNorton in the games I watched, but this year I think Crockett is better than both. When I watched him in HS, I thought that some Big 10 school is going to get a heck of a back. Then NDSU took a chance on him with the academic problems and they are reaping the benefits. This kid may be the best RB to come out of NDSU since Lamar Gordon (and there have been some absolute studs since then). And this coming from a UND fan.

Kermit
10-08-2012, 03:05 PM
I just posted this on CS, but I thought I'd share here too. Give you an outsiders view.

Personally last year I thought Ojuri was better than McNorton in the games I watched, but this year I think Crockett is better than both. When I watched him in HS, I thought that some Big 10 school is going to get a heck of a back. Then NDSU took a chance on him with the academic problems and they are reaping the benefits. This kid may be the best RB to come out of NDSU since Lamar Gordon (and there have been some absolute studs since then). And this coming from a UND fan.

Good post. I love what we've seen of Crockett, but I have a hunch that we've only caught a glimpse of what he can do. It is remarkable what he has done after being away from football for two years--but that doesn't mean he isn't going to get better. He is not only extremely talented, he is a tremendous competitor. We are lucky to have him. Go Bison!!

thebigund
10-08-2012, 03:14 PM

What sucks (for us) is that he is rusty and not even close to his potential..... he'll be alot better next season after winter conditioning and spring ball and summer workouts..... not looking forward to that.

344Johnson
10-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Johnny Crockett is dirty out there.

BlueBisonRock
10-08-2012, 03:21 PM
What sucks (for us) is that he is rusty and not even close to his potential..... he'll be alot better next season after winter conditioning and spring ball and summer workouts..... not looking forward to that.

Help me understand why this is bad for yioux? Did a game get scheduled?

thebigund
10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Help me understand why this is bad for yioux? Did a game get scheduled?
I don't cheer for NDSU, therefor it sucks. It means I'd like him on UND instead.

td577
10-08-2012, 03:33 PM
What I find most impressive with Crockett is the way he cuts. He doesn't cut laterally, he cuts diagonally. His next step is always down field and he doesn't lose speed. He is a very instinctive runner. It is fun to watch both him and Ojuri. Ojuri cuts laterally but he is so quick to get going again. The Bison are very lucky to have these two guys carrying the rock. The sad part of all this is I really like Lang and want to see him carry the ball more. When he gets going, someone on the other side is going to get hurt. Then you got Dinwiddie. He is fun to watch as well. I think a lot of programs out there would be very happy to have a Lang and Dinwiddie combo in their backfield. That would be a lot of fun to watch, as well.

Mr. Burgundy
10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
He almost didn't play last Saturday. He got dinged up at UNI, then again last Monday...and was out the rest of the week. He was an absolute gamer against Youngstown State. We have just tipped the iceberg on this kid. He has the size, speed and nasty competitive edge to make him bigtime. There is a chip on his shoulder that makes him want to prove alot of people wrong. Sounds like a great kid. Finally, the coaches have said he will be the "best in a long time" for 2 years. They saw it, they should get alot of credit to making sure he became eligible. We get to see him run wild for a few more years. Sam and Crockett is just flat out nasty. Nice little combo. There will be alot of scouts in Fargo next year with our amazing Junior class becoming seniors. Especially if we were lucky enough to run the table. We have some kids who will get a look.

Professor Chaos
10-08-2012, 03:40 PM
He really seems like a team first player too. Watch the highlights from Saturdays game, he was the first teammate downfield pulling the DB off Vraa after his TD reception on the flea flicker. After he scored his TD he was seeking out his blockers to give them high fives as they ran off the field. After a big run he doesn't toss the ball away and pound his chest, he looks for the nearest striped shirt, tosses the ball that way, and jogs back to the huddle. He's just a kid who's very easy to cheer for.

bisonmike2
10-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I think it may be time to start a Bill Brasky thread for John Crockett.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3f/Bill_Brasky.jpg/220px-Bill_Brasky.jpg

KilldeerBison
10-08-2012, 04:07 PM
On the Bohl Show, coach said that John had suffered a groin injury on Wednesday last week. They were concerned he would even be able to play against YSU, they had him listed as 50/50 going into the game.

Bison"FANatic"
10-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Last week really showed the contrast in just how good Crockett is. A hole would open up and he was in it and had the vision and feel to know where the next hole was going to be. Compared to Lang who don't get me wrong does a good job but you would see the hole open up and then watch him try to get to it. Sometimes he would and other times it would close up. A few time to the outside Lang just didn't quite have the speed to get to the edge when you could see it was open and Ojuri or Crockett would have had that edge and been off down field. Nothing like watching Lang bang heads with defenders and punish them and it is nice to have that compare and contrast and Lang has been a great Walk On.

IBleedYellow
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
I still remember having talks with John Richardson about Crocketts status last year and John beamed from ear to ear saying he will be ready on the field and in the books. Then John made the point that the latter is much more important than the former.
If I had a son I would want him mentored by this coaching staff.

Tapped out from Google Nexus

westnodak93bison
10-09-2012, 01:15 AM
I worry about him staying eligible. Being a student athlete is no picnic. We are all rooting for the kid.

southcliffbison
10-09-2012, 01:24 AM
I worry about him staying eligible. Being a student athlete is no picnic. We are all rooting for the kid.

I am sure the coaches are well aware of Mr. Crockett's academic status weekly, if not daily. Have some faith, Moriarty, Have some faith !!!!!!

westnodak93bison
10-09-2012, 01:36 AM
I have faith in the staff and believe his effort is there. Ok I'll worry about something else like our injured kicker.:beer:

EndZoneQB
10-09-2012, 01:42 AM

His problem was just catching up. From what I understand, he took an extra credit load to make up for lost time. I have a feeling a couple of years in school and a better credit load will do him wonders.

Bison4ever56
10-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Have some faith, Moriarty, Have some faith !!!!!!

Crap!.....

southcliffbison
10-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Crap!.....

........Always wit the negative waves, Moriarty, ALWAYS WIT THE NEGATIVE WAVES.......... can't you think of anything pure and righteous for a change?.........

silkamilkamonico
10-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Not the jersey type at all, but went out to Scheels Friday to see if I could get me John Crockett jersey, and was pissed when they said they are only allowed to carry a handful of numbers that have already been chosen.

Next year.

td577
10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Not the jersey type at all, but went out to Scheels Friday to see if I could get me John Crockett jersey, and was pissed when they said they are only allowed to carry a handful of numbers that have already been chosen.

Next year.

Can you get one without a number on it?

Bisonguy
10-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Can you get one without a number on it?

Not the authentic jerseys. Scheels orders those with the team order, and usually only gets 3 or 4 numbers each year.

A1pigskin
08-27-2014, 01:20 AM
How many yards will JC get on his first play on Saturday? I'm guessing 5 yards.

BisoninNWMN
08-27-2014, 01:22 AM

I'll say 11 yards right up the middle.

Mr Meaty
08-27-2014, 12:58 PM

65 yards to the house.

A1pigskin
08-27-2014, 01:15 PM
65 yards to the house.

This will be a team motivator and a crowd pleaser.

Bisonfan1
08-27-2014, 06:09 PM
"Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."

TAILG8R
08-27-2014, 06:49 PM
"Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."

Leroy Hoard?

GradBison
08-27-2014, 06:59 PM

Leroy Hoard?

Gotta love Madden!

A1pigskin
08-28-2014, 01:26 PM
I can see JC being a major leader and contributor this year.

Mr. Burgundy
08-28-2014, 02:15 PM
I can see JC being a major leader and contributor this year.

I am shocked you went out on a limb on this prediction. What caused you to think he will be a major contributor? Was it his almost 7 yards per carry? Was it his 11 TD's? 1200 yards in a backup role last year? We will ride John hard this year. He is going to touch it ALOT on Saturday. He will be the best RB on the field and is looking forward to showing everyone his abilities. The team feeds off of John's fire.

A1pigskin
08-28-2014, 09:10 PM
I am shocked you went out on a limb on this prediction. What caused you to think he will be a major contributor? Was it his almost 7 yards per carry? Was it his 11 TD's? 1200 yards in a backup role last year? We will ride John hard this year. He is going to touch it ALOT on Saturday. He will be the best RB on the field and is looking forward to showing everyone his abilities. The team feeds off of John's fire.

All of what you said, but I think he will go beyond 1200.

A1pigskin
08-28-2014, 09:11 PM

GOBISON123
08-28-2014, 09:49 PM

Only if he stays healthy....didnt he get dinged last season and Ojuri was getting lot of reps for a while. Hope he stays healthy this season.

A1pigskin
08-30-2014, 02:51 PM
I predict a big day for JC, 200+.

1998braves64
08-30-2014, 08:20 PM
I predict a big day for JC, 200+.

Would of had it likely if not for the holding call! Still ended up with 132 I think?

A1pigskin
08-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Would of had it likely if not for the holding call! Still ended up with 132 I think?

I was thinking the same....

BisonFan02
08-31-2014, 12:57 AM
Crockett was moving....with his injuries last year, he wasn't able to run away from the secondary on those longer runs. Now on the other hand.......

Jelo
08-31-2014, 05:31 AM
Nominated as capital one impact performer of week on esp n college football final. Need to vote.

Bison Gal
09-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Johnny Crockett Musical Parody - cheesy.....but funny.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Nz_ys9RNs

thebootfitter
09-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Nominated as capital one impact performer of week on esp n college football final. Need to vote.

Here's a link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/feature/index?page=caponecup

Need to vote, encourage friends to vote, and keep voting from different computers. He's now tied at 35% with one of the other guys.

td577
09-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Is there a script for this?

El_Chapo
12-06-2014, 09:17 PM
He's a senior! ! Let him return kicks in playoffs!! We need a spark

Professor Chaos
12-13-2014, 01:18 AM
I remember reading an article very similar to this when John committed to the Bison and it instantly made me root like hell for him to succeed at NDSU. Now that he's within shouting distance of becoming NDSU's 2nd all time leading rusher it just seems all the more inspiring. Regardless of whether you're a fan of John Crockett the football player you have to be a fan of John Crockett the human being. Read this great article by Jeff Kolpack to see what I mean: http://www.inforum.com/sports-bison/3633463-inspiring-journey-crockett-finds-home-herd

Here's to hoping that John ends his Bison career the way he deserves to go out, as a national champion once again.

Bisonator98
12-13-2014, 01:47 AM
I remember reading an article very similar to this when John committed to the Bison and it instantly made me root like hell for him to succeed at NDSU. Now that he's within shouting distance of becoming NDSU's 2nd all time leading rusher it just seems all the more inspiring. Regardless of whether you're a fan of John Crockett the football player you have to be a fan of John Crockett the human being. Read this great article by Jeff Kolpack to see what I mean: http://www.inforum.com/sports-bison/3633463-inspiring-journey-crockett-finds-home-herd

Here's to hoping that John ends his Bison career the way he deserves to go out, as a national champion once again.

Glad NDSU stuck with him and glad he kept at it! Go Taz!!

runtheoption
12-19-2014, 04:07 PM
If anyone hasn't watched or heard what goes on during home games with Johnny when the team takes the field after half-time, this is the last chance to watch this in the Dome. Check out the NE corner of the Dome. You will see the crowd and Johnny feeding off of each other's energy. Johnny loves it, and there are a lot of folks in the NE corner that love it as well.

Mother Effing Home Field Advantage.

TransAmBison
12-19-2014, 04:09 PM
If anyone hasn't watched or heard what goes on during home games with Johnny when the team takes the field after half-time, this is the last chance to watch this in the Dome. Check out the NE corner of the Dome. You will see the crowd and Johnny feeding off of each other's energy. Johnny loves it, and there are a lot of folks in the NE corner that love it as well.

Mother Effing Home Field Advantage.We've been watching it...pretty cool...seeing Crockett transform into Taz...

runtheoption
12-19-2014, 04:13 PM
We've been watching it...pretty cool...seeing Crockett transform into Taz...Yes! That is the best way to describe it!

BisonFan02
12-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Those of us in section 6 have enjoyed it. We were in the right place for the Robert Morris first TD too....

Comfortably Numb Bison
12-20-2014, 04:58 AM

Mother Effing Home Field Advantage.

Where is the like button for this post? Love #23

A1pigskin
12-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Awesome game JC. Keep the momentum going.

MOTBison
12-20-2014, 04:28 PM
John is such a fun player to watch, he has been through some adversity in his life and it would be impossible to not cheer for the guy. He has such a fun personality and has huge intensity that the team and the crowd feed off of. Go Bison!!! We are so lucky to have a program like this.

StL Bison Fan
12-20-2014, 07:53 PM
We will be in the endzone corner in Frisco. Perhaps we can make him feel at home

JDZ
12-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Crockett will be on 740 with Pinto momentarily.

Mesabison
12-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Johnny Crockett Musical Parody: http://youtu.be/w5Nz_ys9RNs

TAILG8R
12-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Johnny Crockett Musical Parody: http://youtu.be/w5Nz_ys9RNs

FIFY
Correct linky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Nz_ys9RNs&feature=youtu.be)

Bison03
12-26-2014, 06:09 PM
FIFY

That was somehow both horrible and awesome at the same time.

56BISON73
12-26-2014, 06:16 PM
FIFY

:eeek::eeek::eek::eek: