PDA

View Full Version : Love these announcers

tjamz
09-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Calling UND Division 2 made me like them all the more!

calelars24
09-30-2012, 12:32 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^
this

KTF
09-30-2012, 12:37 AM
didn't hear the comment, love it though

Swaghook
09-30-2012, 12:44 AM
That comment was funny as hell but when UNI scored they proclaimed that UNI took the lead 7-0 in the game so far unimpressed with them they should go back to announcing junior high games.

A1pigskin
09-30-2012, 01:13 AM
I heard it.

IzzyFlexion
09-30-2012, 02:38 AM
I love Scotty......but he should be a little bit more selective on the "my, oh my" 's.
I know it's his tag line but now is over using it. JMHO. Like I said....love the dude.

bisonmike2
09-30-2012, 02:39 AM
I love Scotty......but he should be a little bit more selective on the "my, oh my" 's.
I know it's his tag line but now is over using it. JMHO. Like I said....love the dude.

Are you dissing Scotty? I can't believe it! My oh my! :)

devin45k
09-30-2012, 02:39 AM
It is about right!

IzzyFlexion
09-30-2012, 02:40 AM
Are you dissing Scotty? I can't believe it! My oh my! :)

yup.
callin ' him out for an all out "geek rumble"!!!!

HandoEX
09-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Haven't heard announcers this bad since the WIU game in 2009.

devin45k
09-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Haven't heard announcers this bad since the WIU game in 2009.

Watch games from the NEC conference....worst announcers and games in FCS period

Hammerhead
09-30-2012, 03:02 AM
The one guy kept saying "Vera" for Vraa's last name. The other guy once said it might be "verraa" and they they went back to "Vera."

Plus, they hardly ever mentioned the game clock which is kind of important for a radio broadcast.

missingnumber7
09-30-2012, 03:17 AM
The one guy kept saying "Vera" for Vraa's last name. The other guy once said it might be "verraa" and they they went back to "Vera."

Plus, they hardly ever mentioned the game clock which is kind of important for a radio broadcast.Was important because UNI video feed did have clock at all.

bri-dog
09-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Was important because UNI video feed did have clock at all.

That was the worst production I've ever seen. One camera angle. No replays. Obnoxious announcers. Vera?

Hammerhead
09-30-2012, 03:30 AM
The gamecast at espn.com didn't update the game clock all the time either. Plus, they freaked me out after UNI scored their 1st touchdown and after I came back from a bathroom break, it showed UNI with 13 points!!!

Was important because UNI video feed did have clock at all.

gt_bison
09-30-2012, 03:32 AM
That was the worst production I've ever seen. One camera angle. No replays. Obnoxious announcers. Vera?

The redeeming value of it all was how fun it was hearing the dejection in the play-by-play guy's voice whenever UNI needed to make a defensive play and instead we got a big gain.

BisonTeacher
09-30-2012, 03:34 AM
The redeeming value of it all was how fun it was hearing the dejection in the play-by-play guy's voice whenever UNI needed to make a defensive play and instead we got a big gain.

Ditto this. Lots of third down dejection. Also how excited he got on even the most menial plays they made. Selling hope.

ndsubison1
09-30-2012, 03:36 AM
but theyve been division one since 1435 wit hockey

Rynomite
09-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Which announcers were you all listening to? I paid the $10 to watch the game on GoBison All Access. Best $10 spent. But the UNI announcers were just as terrible. I think at one point they compared the Bison to Meatloaf the band... Cried about all the tough hits and personal fouls and loved to point out "supposed" missed calls by the refs. It felt nice to shut them up at the end of the game.

Swaghook
09-30-2012, 04:12 AM
I paid the $10 to watch the game on GoBison All Access. Best $10 spent. Just a little heads up if you didn't notice. The $10 fee is set up as a reoccurring bill monthly unless you change it.

Rynomite
09-30-2012, 04:16 AM
Just a little heads up if you didn't notice. The $10 fee is set up as a reoccurring bill monthly unless you change it.

Ohh! I better read the fine lines here. Thanks for the heads u

Hammerhead
10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
I was reading a thread about the gold rush games and remembered the UNI announcers said the NDSU team was wearing kelly green pants. Isn't kelly green the color used by the Whioux and the old Burlington Northern railroad?

http://www.girr.org/girr/girr_ho/0903023_ho_layout_burlington_northern_nw2_6936.jpg

KTF
10-03-2012, 06:52 PM
I was reading a thread about the gold rush games and remembered the UNI announcers said the NDSU team was wearing kelly green pants. Isn't kelly green the color used by the Whioux and the old Burlington Northern railroad?

http://www.girr.org/girr/girr_ho/0903023_ho_layout_burlington_northern_nw2_6936.jpg They must have been blind announcers...

BisonNation11
10-03-2012, 07:00 PM

http://www.girr.org/girr/girr_ho/0903023_ho_layout_burlington_northern_nw2_6936.jpg

I heard the same thing and screamed at them (with no correction on their end). The way they called that game they might as well have called us North Dakota...

KSBisonFan
10-03-2012, 07:03 PM
They must have been blind announcers...

If so, sight was their strongest attribute....

Trim
10-03-2012, 07:06 PM
I had to chuckle to myself during the wrap-up when they were pounding their chest about how they just went "toe-to-toe" with the nation's best.

Herd Mentality
10-03-2012, 07:11 PM
I chuckled at the Meatloaf analogy as well.

The entire game all you hear about was how everything was going the Bison's way and how lucky we were....and then at the very, very end the one announcer says sheepishly "Well, I suppose a good team makes its own luck."

BISONFANAJ
10-03-2012, 07:14 PM
I turned down the sound on the TV after the first quarter. I turned on the radio to here Scott Miller. It was only off by a couple seconds. It was MUCH better that way.

KTF
10-03-2012, 07:26 PM
If so, sight was their strongest attribute....Totally agree, didn't like the feed that gobison picked up from UNI. Camera would only focus on the UNI players and the announcers were big homers and wouldn't admit a lot of respect for NDSU. (Wonder if they are Farley's relatives?) We are spoiled by Scotty Miller, he does a good job being objectionable during the casts.

cbline
10-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I heard the same thing and screamed at them (with no correction on their end). The way they called that game they might as well have called us North Dakota...

. . . . .like the referee did for a penalty near the start of the Prairie View game this fall. A good number of us in Section 32 corrected him, though.

Civil06
10-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I turned down the sound on the TV after the first quarter. I turned on the radio to here Scott Miller. It was only off by a couple seconds. It was MUCH better that way.

How lucky are we? We've got Brock playing QB, 5 capable running backs, a much improved receiving corps, a gelling offensive line, a deep defensive line, a linebacking corps that includes Travis Beck and Grant Olson, a defensive secondary that is good all-around starring Marcus Williams, every game is on TV (at least locally), Jeff and Dom providing amazing coverage (especially when all the live blogs, regular blog posts, pre- and post-game videos, radio shows, etc. are added to the newspaper articles and newscasts), more high character guys on our team than we know, Craig Bohl and crew as our coaches, and an incredibly passionate and dedicated fan base that we get to share our experiences with. And we get to have Scott Miller as our radio voice.

These are the good old days...

KTF
10-03-2012, 07:44 PM
How lucky are we? We've got Brock playing QB, 5 capable running backs, a much improved receiving corps, a gelling offensive line, a deep defensive line, a linebacking corps that includes Travis Beck and Grant Olson, a defensive secondary that is good all-around starring Marcus Williams, every game is on TV (at least locally), Jeff and Dom providing amazing coverage (especially when all the live blogs, regular blog posts, pre- and post-game videos, radio shows, etc. are added to the newspaper articles and newscasts), more high character guys on our team than we know, Craig Bohl and crew as our coaches, and an incredibly passionate and dedicated fan base that we get to share our experiences with. And we get to have Scott Miller as our radio voice.

These are the good old days...I was thinking this very thing today, are we headed into the Glory Days version 2?

Pyroshane
10-03-2012, 07:53 PM
I know it's his tag line but now is over using it. JMHO. Like I said....love the dude. We made a drinking game of it, and every time he said "My, oh my!" we had to finish our cup.

ndsubison1
10-03-2012, 08:18 PM
the production was terrible. also heard in my class that the tv station down there was very unprofessional