PDA

View Full Version : Marlin to the HOF

JustinTyem
09-28-2012, 05:36 AM
I nominate Marlin Lee III to Bisonvilles HOF

Bisonguy
09-28-2012, 03:17 PM
I voted no for that fact that something along the lines of an In Memoriam forum or sub-forum should be established where Marlin, Notorius, and future BVer's that have passed can be located and everyone can remember them.

DjKyRo
09-28-2012, 03:35 PM
I voted no for that fact that something along the lines of an In Memoriam forum or sub-forum should be established where Marlin, Notorius, and future BVer's that have passed can be located and everyone can remember them.

Here's hoping a thread like that wouldn't get too much more in the way of traffic. :(

BlueBisonRock
09-28-2012, 03:39 PM

I am in agreement. An 'In Memoriam' thread or subforum would be appropriate. The Hall of Fame forum referenced in the survey was intended for stories like the short bus trip to Mountana. It just doesn't seem right to mix those antics with our honoring those who are special to us.

How do we go about getting such a subforum set up?

56BISON73
09-28-2012, 03:45 PM

I agree!!!!!!

TransAmBison
09-28-2012, 04:00 PM
I agree with Bisonguy.

BisonFan02
09-28-2012, 04:31 PM
I agree with Bisonguy.

Ditto.

Ten Char

BisonTeacher
09-28-2012, 05:15 PM
I didnt know Marlin. But from what Im reading sounds like he was very much loved by people on this board. SO however you choose to honor him I'm sure will be well deserved.

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I voted yes. But either way is just fine.

JustinTyem
09-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Marlin was the LARGEST Wisconsin scout in the midwest until his cancer was found. Marlin maybe the BIGGEST reason wissports go so largest so quick. Wisconsin football was a underrated until Marlin started doing articles and helping student athletes get their names out to the rest of the country. So If you are happy with the wisconsin products,you should put Tim(TE,Sp),Nick(DL Coach) ,Travis(WSN) and Marlin Lee III as the pipeline of wisconsin players,and if one hole is made it hurts alot. (If you know what I mean)

56BISON73
09-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Marlin was the LARGEST Wisconsin scout in the midwest until his cancer was found. Marlin maybe the BIGGEST reason wissports go so largest so quick. Wisconsin football was a underrated until Marlin started doing articles and helping student athletes get their names out to the rest of the country. So If you are happy with the wisconsin products,you should put Tim(TE,Sp),Nick(DL Coach) ,Travis(WSN) and Marlin Lee III as the pipeline of wisconsin players,and if one hole is made it hurts alot. (If you know what I mean)

Schools have been recruiting Wisconsin for years and wasnt under rated what so ever. To say Marlin was the pipeline to the rest of the country just isnt true.

JustinTyem
09-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Schools have been recruiting Wisconsin for years and wasnt under rated what so ever. To say Marlin was the pipeline to the rest of the country just isnt true.Ok Patty,You know it all dont you. Marlin and Travis are IMO the best 2 men for HS football in wisconsin. Just look at how many kids that wisconsin has to give them a scolly instead of a prefer walkon because these other kids are getting looked at now.

BlueBisonRock
09-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Ok Patty,You know it all dont you. Marlin and Travis are IMO the best 2 men for HS football in wisconsin. Just look at how many kids that wisconsin has to give them a scolly instead of a prefer walkon because these other kids are getting looked at now.

WTF! When you started on the board, you were civil. You came to a game this year and met a lot of the BV posters. A number of folks on the board helped you both get to Fargo and get the parking and gameday tickets squared away. PL is included in that list.

Now, when a person has a different perspective, you get pissed off and throw a tantrum. And in doing so, you hurt Marlin's image rather than help it. I know you have suffered a stroke. That is still not an excuse. Please stop!

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Marlin and feel a tremendous amount of pain for him. He is the same age as my son who also went through (like many on the board) his own cancer experience. I realize just how much pain an individual goes through with this damn disease. I realize how much pain his family is going through.

I want to honor his name and his memory. That is why I agreed with BisonGuy's recommendation. Lets find the right place on this board to get this done and do it without being petty.

PattyBison
09-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Ok Patty,You know it all dont you. Marlin and Travis are IMO the best 2 men for HS football in wisconsin. Just look at how many kids that wisconsin has to give them a scolly instead of a prefer walkon because these other kids are getting looked at now.

Dude, I'm Patty, not him. Don't be dragging me into your wars.

I learned something a long time ago that when someone upsets you over email, message boards, whatever, you need to push back the keyboard and go do something else. Play with the kids, play with the dog, take a walk, whatever. Don't come back until your mind is clear. 95% of the time when you come back, you realize it wasn't that big of a deal. In cases with the other 5%, you can generally form a more appropriate response.

Reading through this thread, everyone agrees that recognition is appropriate. There is only meaningful discussion as to what the right approach should be.

JustinTyem
09-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Dude, I'm Patty, not him. Don't be dragging me into your wars.

I learned something a long time ago that when someone upsets you over email, message boards, whatever, you need to push back the keyboard and go do something else. Play with the kids, play with the dog, take a walk, whatever. Don't come back until your mind is clear. 95% of the time when you come back, you realize it wasn't that big of a deal. In cases with the other 5%, you can generally form a more appropriate response.

Reading through this thread, everyone agrees that recognition is appropriate. There is only meaningful discussion as to what the right approach should be.Sorry PattyBison,it wasnt directed to you in now way or form. So for that I appoligize

CaBisonFan
09-29-2012, 04:09 AM
I didn't know that Marlin had passed away. Might have missed a whole thread about it. When did it happen?

Can his real name be mentioned here? Or...could someone PM me about this?

JustinTyem
09-29-2012, 04:17 AM
I didn't know that Marlin had passed away. Might have missed a whole thread about it. When did it happen?

Can his real name be mentioned here? Or...could someone PM me about this?http://nidayfunerals.com/obits/?p=4999

onbison09
09-29-2012, 04:27 AM

Can his real name be mentioned here? Or...could someone PM me about this?

I'm pretty sure his real name was Marlin Lee. Here's his funeral announcement http://nidayfunerals.com/obits/?p=4999

E (http://nidayfunerals.com/obits/?p=4999)dit: Got beaten to it

JustinTyem
09-29-2012, 04:57 AM
I'm pretty sure his real name was Marlin Lee. Here's his funeral announcement http://nidayfunerals.com/obits/?p=4999

E (http://nidayfunerals.com/obits/?p=4999)dit: Got beaten to itThats better then none!!!!

Rynomite
09-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Cool thread guys. Wish I would have known them! RIP

A1pigskin
09-30-2012, 05:18 PM

10-4 ............

CaBisonFan
09-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Holy...26 years old. Sad

admin
10-01-2012, 02:42 PM

As Bisonguy suggested, there is now a In Memoriam sub-forum in the Hall of Fame.

TransAmBison
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Awesome...

Hammerhead
10-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Ditto for me. It looks like you can still donate to his cancer fund: http://www.wissports.net/page/show/532518-marlin-lee-fund.

I didnt know Marlin. But from what Im reading sounds like he was very much loved by people on this board. SO however you choose to honor him I'm sure will be well deserved.

JustinTyem
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
As Bisonguy suggested, there is now a In Memoriam sub-forum in the Hall of Fame.Could you move this thread into the Sub-Forum please. And ThankYou so much for making this Sub in the HOF Forum. Classy as Classy can get!!!