PDA

View Full Version : UNI head count / TAILGATING

56BISON73
09-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Need a head count for UNI game. Let me and Tatanka know if you will stopping bye so we can figure out how many to feed.

BlueBisonRock
09-24-2012, 02:29 AM
Need a head count for UNI game. Let me and Tatanka know if you will stopping bye so we can figure out how many to feed.

In. But you already knew that. I'm wondering if that few people are going or if this thread is just not being seen because it's not in the football thread. :confused:

Or if they just got home...

Yes, Its closer than Fargo and we will be there. I am thinking of bringing bacon wrapped sausage logs.

repeat. ;)

17>1
09-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Not sure if this is one of those "Will You Be There" threads, or you're just getting a head count for your sausage party tailgate group. If it's the latter, it would be nice to get around and meet a few more Bisonville members like yourself, and get my hands around a large piece of PL's famous sausage that Tranny never stops talking about. Count Dad and myself in for the trip, including Comfortably Numb Bison and another friend of ours. I'll talk with the crew and find out what our tailgate plans are.

Tatanka
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Not sure if this is one of those "Will You Be There" threads, or you're just getting a head count for your sausage party tailgate group. If it's the latter, it would be nice to get around and meet a few more Bisonville members like yourself, and get my hands around a large piece of PL's famous sausage that Tranny never stops talking about. Count Dad and myself in for the trip, including Comfortably Numb Bison and another friend of ours. I'll talk with the crew and find out what our tailgate plans are.

It is both... See you down there on Saturday!

Anyone else making the trip?

walknroehl
09-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Anyone partying down there on Friday night? Where?

MN_BISON
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Sorry if this has been talked about already, but is there a rally point for the take over? Also, I read on the UNI board that one can start the tailgate 4 hours prior to kickoff? For those who have visited the land of corn in previous years, is that rule enforced?

Tatanka
09-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Sorry if this has been talked about already, but is there a rally point for the take over? Also, I read on the UNI board that one can start the tailgate 4 hours prior to kickoff? For those who have visited the land of corn in previous years, is that rule enforced?

We're arriving a day early to scope out the territory and plan a takeover.... Good question though for those who have made the trip before.

More to come.

Bison 4 Life
09-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Anyone partying down there on Friday night? Where?

I haven't decided. I'm coming from Columbus and was thinking about it but figure I can get a cheaper hotel in the Quad Cities or Cedar Rapids.

yellowstreak
09-25-2012, 01:19 AM
I was informed I'm going here:

http://www.heartlandfarmswaterloo.com/pumpkins.shtml

MN_BISON
09-25-2012, 09:12 PM
PL & Tatanka, we've got a group of four coming down for the game and we plan and rolling through, so count us in please.

56BISON73
09-25-2012, 09:17 PM
PL & Tatanka, we've got a group of four coming down for the game and we plan and rolling through, so count us in please.

You are on the list. Thanks for the heads up.

SDbison
09-25-2012, 10:08 PM
SDbison and Hermie will be there to get the party started Friday night and continue on thru Saturday........but you already knew that. Wow, not much response from Bisonville regarding this game........where is the fan support?

SDbison
09-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Not sure if this is one of those "Will You Be There" threads, or you're just getting a head count for your sausage party tailgate group. If it's the latter, it would be nice to get around and meet a few more Bisonville members like yourself, and get my hands around a large piece of PL's famous sausage that Tranny never stops talking about. Count Dad and myself in for the trip, including Comfortably Numb Bison and another friend of ours. I'll talk with the crew and find out what our tailgate plans are. I see you mentioned tranny.........yes, he never stops talking period. For the most part the only Bison games Tranny attends are home games. Hope to see many Bisonville and other Bison fans in Cedar Falls. Lets rock that place!

Jay
09-25-2012, 10:37 PM
I went two years ago. Window busted and car got broke into. Hate that place more than the dump 75 miles north.

Gully
09-25-2012, 11:26 PM
I decided last minute to come down for the game so I'll try to find you guys. I probably won't get there until 3 or so.

BraxtonT
09-26-2012, 01:53 AM
I'll be there with three others. Not sure what time we'll get to the tailgate, but wouldn't mind joining PL and the others for some sausage.

56BISON73
09-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Head count updated

bison93
09-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Going to the game and staying in Cedar Rapids..

CAS4127
09-26-2012, 02:43 AM
UNI head count after the game will be 63 plus however many coaches they have--that's gonna be my head count anyway!! Just sayin'!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueBisonRock
09-26-2012, 03:53 AM
An update PL. My better half is making the trip also.

56BISON73
09-26-2012, 03:55 AM
An update PL. My better half is making the trip also.

Already had her on the list.:biggrin:

17>1
09-26-2012, 04:02 AM
Me +3. We're bringing 10 lbs. of John & Wayne's ribs to contribute.

BisonEngrGirl
09-26-2012, 04:11 AM
My husband (coors_bison) and his cousin are going. I chose not to go due to a near-miss incident involving one of the crazy b*tch troll fans at the game last year. I just can't handle their evilness. Me, killdeer, and badlands will be tailgating at home though! Hope u all have fun. KICK SOME ASS!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

17>1
09-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Head count updated

What's everyone bringing? We've got the ribs covered and Tatanka thought some chips would be a good idea as well. Will there be plates, utensils, etc?

Tatanka
09-27-2012, 02:03 AM
What's everyone bringing? We've got the ribs covered and Tatanka thought some chips would be a good idea as well. Will there be plates, utensils, etc?plates utensils tent grill sausages table chairs are all covered.

NDSUdonny
09-27-2012, 02:38 AM
I will be there with two others. Probably grabbing lunch before and mostly just drinking beer in the lot. Someone said the lot opens 4 hours before and i thought it was 5???

CAS4127
09-27-2012, 02:48 AM
plates utensils tent grill sausages table chairs are all covered.

Alls I know is those shrimp tacos were the best--bar none!! Thank you and may I please have another*

Twss!!

God they were good!!

BlueBisonRock
09-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Alls I know is those shrimp tacos were the best--bar none!! Thank you and may I please have another*

Twss!!

God they were good!!

My daughter had them vegitarian style (without the shrimp).

Major Hit dudes!

TransAmBison
09-27-2012, 03:08 AM
plates utensils tent grill sausages table chairs are all covered.I would hope teh sausages are covered. Wouldn't be proper and all if they weren't.

KilldeerBison
09-27-2012, 03:32 AM
My husband (coors_bison) and his cousin are going. I chose not to go due to a near-miss incident involving one of the crazy b*tch troll fans at the game last year. I just can't handle their evilness. Me, killdeer, and badlands will be tailgating at home though! Hope u all have fun. KICK SOME ASS!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/Pitifulme.jpg

I have been kindly requested not to go, seems I have other responsibilities around the home. I will be watching on Gobison.com!

roadwarrior
09-27-2012, 01:04 PM
UNI TAILGATING

The NDSU Alumni Association has published a map showing where their tent will be located at UNI. See it here: http://www.ndsualumni.com/netcommunity/page.aspx?pid=580&erid=6675109&trid=f2255ba7-0968-4bee-9c30-bd3b997dad50

The location marked on the map is NOT where Bison fans have tailgated the past two visits to Cedar Falls. If you want to join the alumni tent, feel free to do so. However, most NDSU fans will most likely have their tailgating at the opposite end of area near the dome. Look for the NDSU flags flying in the grassy area SOUTH of the parking lot marked on the map as "South Art Lot" (where the trees are indicated on the map). See you there!

I just noticed on their map that they ask us to wear yellow. :facepalm:

SDbison
09-27-2012, 01:29 PM
UNI TAILGATING

The NDSU Alumni Association has published a map showing where their tent will be located at UNI. See it here: http://www.ndsualumni.com/netcommunity/page.aspx?pid=580&erid=6675109&trid=f2255ba7-0968-4bee-9c30-bd3b997dad50

The location marked on the map is NOT where Bison fans have tailgated the past two visits to Cedar Falls. If you want to join the alumni tent, feel free to do so. However, most NDSU fans will most likely have their tailgating at the opposite end of area near the dome. Look for the NDSU flags flying in the grassy area SOUTH of the parking lot marked on the map as "South Art Lot" (where the trees are indicated on the map). See you there!

I just noticed on their map that they ask us to wear yellow. :facepalm: What is wrong with yellow? Tranny wears a big yellow coat and nobody makes a big deal about that. Also, I just made a major purchase that is yellow and I am damn proud of it.

SDbison
09-27-2012, 01:37 PM
I wonder if UNI will have more than a half dozen porta potties and they will be closer than a quarter mile away like they were 2 years ago. Hopefully the Alumni Association will be renting their own like was done in Fort Colins........that was a smart move.

Siouxfallsbison
09-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Hardies, Becks, Smiths, my wife and I and a few others are leaving on a Party Bus at 8:30am Saturday from Sioux Falls. Should be arriving around 2:00.
Can't wait!

FarSouth Bison
09-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Road, why wouldn't the Alumni Ass. Park in the same area as the fans?

Fast50Dad
09-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Headed to the game, not pulling the trailer, but will be in the grass south of the dome to tailgate.

Go Bison!

roadwarrior
09-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Road, why wouldn't the Alumni Ass. Park in the same area as the fans?

Probably because UNI tells them where the tent will be set up.

SDbison
09-28-2012, 04:28 AM
On the road to Cedar Falls right now with PL and Tatanka. At Albert Lea so we have a couple hours to go.

Comfortably Numb Bison
09-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Probably a stupid question but what color is everyone wearing?

Tatanka
09-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Probably a stupid question but what color is everyone wearing?alumni assoc says yellow. I'm planning green.

http://fuuu.us/260.png

MNLonghorn10
09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
damn it i wish i was going.

Tatanka
09-28-2012, 02:47 PM
damn it i wish i was going.Not too late. We have an extra ticket. Get down here.

Fast50Dad
09-28-2012, 02:57 PM
We'll be in green as well.

Go Bison!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

BlueBisonRock
09-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Green it is. Unfortunately, the wife is ill. I also have an extra ticket. Make the trip Longhorn. Just leave EZ at home. I don't think the Unidome can handle him standing on the ledges.

56BISON73
09-28-2012, 03:53 PM
I have an extra ticket if somebody needs one.

PlainsBison
09-28-2012, 03:58 PM
I have a text into Tatanka about the his ticket. I am on the bubble, but am making a decision this evening.

Tatanka
09-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Our extra ticket is taken... See you all tomorrow

BlueBisonRock
09-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Our extra ticket is taken... See you all tomorrow

Mine remains available.

TransAmBison
09-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Mine remains available.twss.............

BlueBisonRock
09-28-2012, 06:11 PM
twss.............

Unfortunately.

At least you have AG.

HerdBot
09-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Not sure if this is one of those "Will You Be There" threads, or you're just getting a head count for your sausage party /] tailgate group. If it's the latter, it would be nice to get around and meet a few more Bisonville members like yourself, and get my hands around a large piece of PL's famous sausage that Tranny never stops talking about.Count Dad and myself in for the trip, including Comfortably Numb Bison and another friend of ours. I'll talk with the crew and find out what our tailgate plans are.

That sounds really gay. What time does the circle jerk start?

17>1
09-28-2012, 07:02 PM

Ha, 48 posts later and someone finally comments on it. Little slow on the draw Bisonville.

HerdBot
09-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Ha, 48 posts later and someone finally comments on it. Little slow on the draw Bisonville.

http://youtu.be/mkuPhs-Gjdw?t=41s

Tatanka
09-28-2012, 07:58 PM
That sounds really gay. What time does the circle jerk start?are you a pioneer of the circle jerk? Does it poss you off when there are Johnny come latelys taking up all the good spots? You'd better start a thread about what time to arrive for your event so you're not late.

HerdBot
09-28-2012, 08:07 PM
are you a pioneer of the circle jerk? Does it poss you off when there are Johnny come latelys taking up all the good spots? You'd better start a thread about what time to arrive for your event so you're not late.

I don't want the band wagoners taking up the circle jerk spot. Only the pioneers should be able to join the circle jerk. You need to arrive at like 6 am to get in. It's about tradition. They need a new lot for overflow circle jerks and they need to increase the price to encourage solid circle jerkers. Not just spectators.
This thread is really weird.

MN_BISON
09-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Where's the party tonight? We should be heading out of MSP around 5:30 and ready to start the takeover tonight when we arrive in Cedar Falls.

Tatanka
09-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Where's the party tonight? We should be heading out of MSP around 5:30 and ready to start the takeover tonight when we arrive in Cedar Falls.
if you're going to be in cf tonight join us at the bww on university. Pm for details if needed. Also plan on tailgate tomorrow on the grassy knoll south of the stadium. There will be sausage.

And I also understand that gabe is looking for a point man for his circle jerk so don't feel left out if you're in whatever plane of existence he occupies.

56BISON73
09-28-2012, 11:49 PM

Coming from an experienced pivot man like yourself you should know it starts when you get there.

Fast50Dad
09-28-2012, 11:49 PM
We'll swing by, no need to add us to the count. Just checked in Cedar Falls. .

Go Bison!

Fast50Dad
09-29-2012, 01:04 AM
We'll swing by, no need to add us to the count. Just checked in Cedar Falls. .

Go Bison!

Note to self...always check thread before posting unaware from phone. We can make it to tailgating.

Go Bison!

Tatanka
09-29-2012, 03:43 AM
WTF Cedar Falls?

On a Friday night in a college town before a big football game, we went looking for Bison fans and couldn't even find any Panther fans until we got to some college bar near campus. Virtually impossible to find someone who gave a shit about UNI football although there were quite a few that were happy to talk about the Hawkeyes. At 10pm the main roads looked like they did at 1am the night before--empty.

Visited probably the saddest BWW in recent memory. Checked in on a couple local bars and found them pretty much devoid of life. The Applebees and the Village Inn were the only places we saw that had full parking lots. So either we're way too early out on the town or CF is just lame.

Hostile takeover of south parking lots commencing at 11:30. See you all there tomorrow.

roadwarrior
09-29-2012, 03:54 AM
Did you check the strip clubs in Waterloo?

BisonTeacher
09-29-2012, 03:54 AM
WTF Cedar Falls?

On a Friday night in a college town before a big football game, we went looking for Bison fans and couldn't even find any Panther fans until we got to some college bar near campus. Virtually impossible to find someone who gave a shit about UNI football although there were quite a few that were happy to talk about the Hawkeyes. At 10pm the main roads looked like they did at 1am the night before--empty.

Visited probably the saddest BWW in recent memory. Checked in on a couple local bars and found them pretty much devoid of life. The Applebees and the Village Inn were the only places we saw that had full parking lots. So either we're way too early out on the town or CF is just lame.

Hostile takeover of south parking lots commencing at 11:30. See you all there tomorrow.

I completely forgot about my last trip to cedar falls until i read this. I remember us driving around looking for something to do. Dead. Most exciting part of the night was dinner at the lonestar steakhouse.

17>1
09-29-2012, 03:55 AM
WTF Cedar Falls?

The calm before the storm. 82 and sunny tomorrow.....and a 100% chance of Thunder!!!

sambini
09-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Been there...

YOUVEBEENTHUNDERSTRUCK
09-29-2012, 07:06 AM
should have hit up main st. THE JOKER and BOURBON STREET!

Tatanka
09-29-2012, 09:59 AM
should have hit up main st. THE JOKER and BOURBON STREET!

We did. Both were dead.

17>1
09-29-2012, 12:56 PM
On our way!!

BisonTeacher
09-29-2012, 02:34 PM
We did. Both were dead.

Another memory on this from the last time I went to cedar Falls with Gully and Darth Vader. After not finding much to do Friday...we got up early saturday thinking we could hit a bar before the tailgate. Very few bars open. We found one place that was more of an old man local breakfast place and they seemed shocked that we were up that early looking to start drinking for a football game.

roadwarrior
09-29-2012, 03:42 PM
In the grass lot! Only one so far

56BISON73
09-29-2012, 03:48 PM

On the way!!!!

MNLonghorn10
09-29-2012, 03:51 PM
wtf? what time does tailgating open?

roadwarrior
09-29-2012, 04:35 PM
The cops are all over the lots. No beer until 2pm!

Comfortably Numb Bison
09-29-2012, 05:40 PM
ETA 2 pm. Ribs are coming !!

IzzyFlexion
09-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey Bisoneer tailgaters...............
What's the scene like in CF?
Does the UNI tailgate experience belong in the same league as NDSU's?

TAILG8R
09-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Hey Bisoneer tailgaters...............
What's the scene like in CF?
Does the UNI tailgate experience belong in the same league as NDSU's?

I can tell you from being there two years ago that its really not even close.

Rynomite
09-30-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm not gonna lie. The atmosphere looked awesome. Great fans. Great NDSU turn out! Happy it was the nail in their playoff coffin. Great game! Wish we had some sort of marker or something we could compete for. I still think UNI is our biggest conference rival.