PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mays

rustywallace
09-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Anyone jsut see the hit that Mays laid on Schaub?

LOl it was a cheap shot but it was hard. Im sure his check book will be a bit light after this weekend but it was fun to watch

EndZoneQB
09-23-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure it was cheap...

steelbison
09-23-2012, 10:33 PM
How was it cheap?? Just because someone hits someone so hard his helmet comes off doesn't mean it's cheap.

sorry didn't see that..Even Phil Simms said the force of the hit knocked his helmet off.

bri-dog
09-23-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm not sure it was cheap...

Same here, but he'll probably get fined anyway.

He probably did aim just a little high, but I watched it in super slo-mo, and Joe's helmet hit Schaub's shoulder pad and then slid up into his helmet. I don't think it was an intentional head hit...

WRSDBison
09-23-2012, 10:37 PM
definitely helmet-to-helmet. It did look a bit like Schaub ducked his head after throwing the ball, but either way, Joe was leading with his helmet. He will be writing a check to the NFL for a charity sometime this week.

HandoEX
09-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Oh good lord! Just saw the replay...that is laying the wood!!! Wow!!!

b15on
09-23-2012, 11:28 PM
It in another thread but just in case...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/554/560/SchaubHit_original.gif?1348440641

BadlandsBison
09-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Is Jonathan vilma covering this fine for Joe? ;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

NDSU1980
09-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Heck, if Joe was playing for the Saints last year, they'd be writing him a check.

56BISON73
09-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Heck, if Joe was playing for the Saints last year, they'd be writing him a check.

Well done!!!!

Bison bison
09-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Apparently Schaub lost a piece of his ear

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/23/matt-schaub-head/70000970/1#.UF-dR41lRoE

coldspot
09-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Apparently Schaub lost a piece of his ear

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/23/matt-schaub-head/70000970/1#.UF-dR41lRoE

the butthurt was strong in that article.

td577
09-24-2012, 12:28 AM
I don't agree with the idea of a ejection at all on this play. It is one of those hits that look worse than it was. Schaub was hurting in the play because his helmet was so tight.

Mays will get fined. There is no question about that. But the issue is still about how it looked rather than any actual injury potential. Schaub is very lucky Mays didn't lead with his head because he might of lost a lot more than a little scrape on his ear.

Hammerhead
09-24-2012, 01:59 AM
On the slow mo. replay you could see that his helmet came off when his facemask got knocked into the Broncos lineman after Mays hit him in the shoulders.

westnodak93bison
09-24-2012, 02:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCYTPluR1hI

CaBisonFan
09-24-2012, 03:33 AM
I don't agree with the idea of a ejection at all on this play. It is one of those hits that look worse than it was. Schaub was hurting in the play because his helmet was so tight.

Mays will get fined. There is no question about that. But the issue is still about how it looked rather than any actual injury potential. Schaub is very lucky Mays didn't lead with his head because he might of lost a lot more than a little scrape on his ear.

Little scrape?......

b15on
09-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Associated Press (http://www.denverpost.com/colorado/ci_21615756/bloodied-schaub-leads-texans-past-broncos-31-25) saying.....
Mays explained to Schaub after the game that he didn't mean any harm and didn't purposefully hit him with the crown of his helmet.

"After the game we shook hands and talked about it. No hard feelings. It's football. It's a physical, violent game," Schaub said. "He said, `Hey, nothing intentional, nothing personal.' We move on."

And Twitter (https://twitter.com/PostBroncos/statuses/250054270878089216)saying...
Joe Mays said he didn't mean to go helmet-to-helmet with Schaub. Mays said he expects a fine for the hit.

PaBizon
09-24-2012, 03:50 AM
A Schauberknocker for sure

JackJD
09-24-2012, 03:58 AM
Tough hit, no doubt; but, for this Jackrabbit fan, I have to say Joe Mays plays the game the way it's intended and within the rules. He's a hard-hitting guy and the hit was just an unfortunate consequence of hard-nosed football.

BlueBisonRock
09-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Little scrape?......

You've been out of ND too long.

:hide:

CaBisonFan
09-24-2012, 05:33 AM
You've been out of ND too long.

:hide:

You got that right.

TbonZach
09-24-2012, 05:44 AM
While it wasn't the cleanest hit by any standard and he should probably expect to open up his pocketbook it definitely wasn't an intended shot. Joe Mays is a hard hitter, not a dirty player.

North Side
09-24-2012, 05:50 AM
I hope he doesn't get suspended for that hit. I would not be shocked if the NFL did suspend him though.

missingnumber7
09-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Perfectly clean hit, didn't launch himself, hit in the numbers, the whiplash is what caused Schaubs facemask to hit the crown of mays helmet and caused it to come off. Matt should tighten his chinstrap a little, then his helmet wouldn't come off like that.

perthbison
09-24-2012, 01:50 PM
I bet the birds were singing for schaub from that one. I heard that Joe sent a car to pick up some of his former teamates and treated them to the broncos game the day after the Bison played in Colorado. He's a nice fellow who remembers his friends and not blinded by stardom.

tony
09-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Perfectly clean hit, didn't launch himself, hit in the numbers, the whiplash is what caused Schaubs facemask to hit the crown of mays helmet and caused it to come off. Matt should tighten his chinstrap a little, then his helmet wouldn't come off like that.

Yeah, that looked like a bad call to me. Once the QB releases the ball, defenders are not permitted to make contact with the quarterback unless carried to do so by the momentum - Joe had some monstrous momentum.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/matt-schaub-loses-piece-ear-illegal-hit-013507090--nfl.html

^ From this angle, Joe even pulls up. Bad call.

missingnumber7
09-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I wonder if the helmet didn't come off if the flag would've flown. I've been pretty torn on the replacment officials, but in all honesty the game is just to fast for most of them. They don't watch the WR complete the catch they are to worried about the spot and about the clock. Don't get me wrong there are a few out there that are capable of being NFL officials, but the majority just are not ready and shouldn't be there. But this is what should make the biggest arguement that at least a portion of every crew should be full time. Also for anyone that wasn't aware, they are working in set crews. The NFL is assigning 8 officials to games, it doesn't matter who you worked with last week. IMO working as a crew in football is one of the most benefitial thing you can do at any level of officiating football. Knowing where your fellow offiials are looking and trusting their calls is important. I'm interested to see what Indy's opinion is on this.

bri-dog
09-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Just saw on ESPN that the NFL is "considering" a one-game suspension. That would suck...

TbonZach
09-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Just saw on ESPN that the NFL is "considering" a one-game suspension. That would suck...

Although I wouldn't be surprised.

TAILG8R
09-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Looked to like Schaub turn right at the last moment that turn a hit that would have been mostly on his shoulder to a hit that about took his head off. I Wold actually be surprise with a suspension.

VanClubPres
09-24-2012, 11:18 PM
A Schauberknocker for sure

i laughed when i read this.

td577
09-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah, that looked like a bad call to me. Once the QB releases the ball, defenders are not permitted to make contact with the quarterback unless carried to do so by the momentum - Joe had some monstrous momentum.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/matt-schaub-loses-piece-ear-illegal-hit-013507090--nfl.html

^ From this angle, Joe even pulls up. Bad call.

I don't know who Maggie is that wrote that article but to adamantly rant about the hit being illegal totally gives her shaubcrush away.

A1pigskin
09-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Just watched. Talk about clocking someone.

coloradobison
09-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Joe has reportedly been suspended 1 game for his hit on Schaub. Just ridiculous.

Bison-Knuckle
09-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Joe has reportedly been suspended 1 game for his hit on Schaub. Just ridiculous.
That's straight gay!

missingnumber7
09-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Joe has reportedly been suspended 1 game for his hit on Schaub. Just ridiculous.Schefter reported that he is appealing.

coloradobison
09-25-2012, 06:45 PM
$50K fine also issued - can't be at facilities or at game during entire week... NFL trying to find $$ to pay for ref's pensions apparently... did no one see Joe play in college? That's how he hits!

BisonTeacher
09-25-2012, 07:19 PM
PFT link...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/25/nfl-suspends-joe-mays-one-game-for-hit-on-matt-schaub/

Wacker_in_the_Hall
09-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Better take Joe off the call list for Teammakers and NDSU Development......pockets definitely lighter

missingnumber7
09-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Didn't realize he got fined for the hit on Matt Ryan last week.

IndyBison
09-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I wonder if the helmet didn't come off if the flag would've flown. I've been pretty torn on the replacment officials, but in all honesty the game is just to fast for most of them. They don't watch the WR complete the catch they are to worried about the spot and about the clock. Don't get me wrong there are a few out there that are capable of being NFL officials, but the majority just are not ready and shouldn't be there. But this is what should make the biggest arguement that at least a portion of every crew should be full time. Also for anyone that wasn't aware, they are working in set crews. The NFL is assigning 8 officials to games, it doesn't matter who you worked with last week. IMO working as a crew in football is one of the most benefitial thing you can do at any level of officiating football. Knowing where your fellow offiials are looking and trusting their calls is important. I'm interested to see what Indy's opinion is on this.
With all the focus on head injuries and concussions, all levels of football are trying to eliminate the high hits. Officials are instructed to err on the side of caution. Even if someone hits someone legally by technical definition, any punishing hits up near the end are probably going to draw flags, fines and penalties. The future of the game is at stake if mom doesn't want her son playing football when he's in 3rd grade.

I believe they are working mostly as crews with the replacements. I have a friend who is doing it and he's worked with the same 7 guys each week. They do have several alternates that may be working into some of the crews.

I have always worked in crews so I'm a huge advocate for it. There are so many intricacies of working a game around mechanics and communication that work so much better when you are with the same crew each week. You also build a level of trust knowing the other guys will be where they are supposed to be. That usually takes several games so most of these crews probably aren't there yet.

This thing needs to get settled ASAP. It is not good for the league and it is significantly damaging the reputation of officials. Find some middle ground and move on.

SDbison
09-25-2012, 08:16 PM
With all the focus on head injuries and concussions, all levels of football are trying to eliminate the high hits. Officials are instructed to err on the side of caution. Even if someone hits someone legally by technical definition, any punishing hits up near the end are probably going to draw flags, fines and penalties. The future of the game is at stake if mom doesn't want her son playing football when he's in 3rd grade.

I believe they are working mostly as crews with the replacements. I have a friend who is doing it and he's worked with the same 7 guys each week. They do have several alternates that may be working into some of the crews.

I have always worked in crews so I'm a huge advocate for it. There are so many intricacies of working a game around mechanics and communication that work so much better when you are with the same crew each week. You also build a level of trust knowing the other guys will be where they are supposed to be. That usually takes several games so most of these crews probably aren't there yet.

This thing needs to get settled ASAP. It is not good for the league and it is significantly damaging the reputation of officials. Find some middle ground and move on.
All this erring on the side of caution is BULLSHIT. Sorry but the game of football is violent. It's not faggy soccer. Just keep letting officials and those who want to protect everyone make decisions and the game of football will be start to degrade even further. Please leave the game alone mamby pamby people. Go play a safe game of checkers and let real men be men.

missingnumber7
09-25-2012, 08:28 PM

This thing needs to get settled ASAP. It is not good for the league and it is significantly damaging the reputation of officials. Find some middle ground and move on.My biggest problem is the inconsistency with hit enforcement. Guys that hit where they are told to, similar to the Mays hit, and the QB's head whiplashes because of momentum and facemask hits the crown of the helmet, but if you hit too low then you get flagged too. The GB roughing call at the end of the game was mid thigh and was still flagged.

I know that before our crew goes out Friday night we will definately discuss on field communication and discussing every iffy play before making a call one way or another. I think this whole ordeal is going to set officials back in the long run. Kudos to D1 and D2 conferences for not giving up their officials to do this stuff. Maybe the league will realize they need to have a pool of trained officials. Leagues like the UFL if the NFL would buy off on it as a minor league of football would allow mentorship and training of officials and allow upward mobility. In ND you are stuck as a HS official unless you know someone that needs a D2 or NAIA sub. And with the DAC becoming a 3 team ordeal not gonna happen.

IndyBison
09-25-2012, 08:47 PM
My biggest problem is the inconsistency with hit enforcement. Guys that hit where they are told to, similar to the Mays hit, and the QB's head whiplashes because of momentum and facemask hits the crown of the helmet, but if you hit too low then you get flagged too. The GB roughing call at the end of the game was mid thigh and was still flagged.

I know that before our crew goes out Friday night we will definately discuss on field communication and discussing every iffy play before making a call one way or another. I think this whole ordeal is going to set officials back in the long run. Kudos to D1 and D2 conferences for not giving up their officials to do this stuff. Maybe the league will realize they need to have a pool of trained officials. Leagues like the UFL if the NFL would buy off on it as a minor league of football would allow mentorship and training of officials and allow upward mobility. In ND you are stuck as a HS official unless you know someone that needs a D2 or NAIA sub. And with the DAC becoming a 3 team ordeal not gonna happen.
I think what they are trying to eliminate is the violent hit. Fundamental tackling doesn't seem to exist any longer. Tackle and drive through an opponent is much different than blowing them up like what happened in the Schaub play. Hit hard but not violently. I'm not sure what the right answer is.

There are a lot of geography limitations being in ND and this is one of them. I am very fortunate to live in an area with all levels of college football so there are plenty of opportunities. It still takes a lot of time and hard work but at least the possibility is there. This is my 12th year of HS and 5th year of D3/NAIA. If I am ever considered for D2 I am at least 2-3 years away. It's a long process which is why the guys who do finally make it to the NFL have been through a lot to get to that point. That's why the union wants to protect them.

missingnumber7
09-25-2012, 08:54 PM
I think what they are trying to eliminate is the violent hit. Fundamental tackling doesn't seem to exist any longer. Tackle and drive through an opponent is much different than blowing them up like what happened in the Schaub play. Hit hard but not violently. I'm not sure what the right answer is.

There are a lot of geography limitations being in ND and this is one of them. I am very fortunate to live in an area with all levels of college football so there are plenty of opportunities. It still takes a lot of time and hard work but at least the possibility is there. This is my 12th year of HS and 5th year of D3/NAIA. If I am ever considered for D2 I am at least 2-3 years away. It's a long process which is why the guys who do finally make it to the NFL have been through a lot to get to that point. That's why the union wants to protect them.I've done HS for 12 years, some of the JUCO in MN while I was in Fargo, and am an alternate for a D2 crew, but the weeks they've needed me I've been busy. I'd love to get into college but the travel from Bismarck sucks and NSIC only wants 1 crew from ND.

I think the Union at the NFL level is important because as much as it protects officials, it also helps to get rid of those who sneak through the cracks and make it to the highest levels and aren't qualified.

IndyBison
09-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I've done HS for 12 years, some of the JUCO in MN while I was in Fargo, and am an alternate for a D2 crew, but the weeks they've needed me I've been busy. I'd love to get into college but the travel from Bismarck sucks and NSIC only wants 1 crew from ND.

I think the Union at the NFL level is important because as much as it protects officials, it also helps to get rid of those who sneak through the cracks and make it to the highest levels and aren't qualified.
That's what you get for living in ND. You can still make it but you have to work even harder and be willing to drive a lot. Ironically Florida has a similar problem. There is very little small college football in Florida so if you want to start you often have to travel to other parts of the country. I've heard of guys flying to the Chicago area to work D3 games! I love it but not that much! There is also a D2 conference in West Virginia that uses officials from all over. I've known guys from this area who have made the 6-8 hour drive each week for the opportunity to work. Most of my games are 1-2 hours with a couple 3-hour schools.

I've heard the union hasn't been getting rid of those guys who make it to the NFL too quickly which is why the NFL wants to take a different approach.

ThunderDan
09-26-2012, 01:38 AM
[QUOTE=

I think the Union at the NFL level is important because as much as it protects officials, it also helps to get rid of those who sneak through the cracks and make it to the highest levels and aren't qualified.[/QUOTE]

Unions in the United States today are about as useless as the electoral college. Both had their time and place, and that time and place is gone. Especially in pro sports, I mean gimmie a break. The sole reason pro players ever go on strike is to make more money...They are pissed because owners make too much...thats the pot calling the kettle black. Raise your hand if you would quit your job to make league minimum in any major pro sport. Isn't the point of being an owner of ANYTHING, to make more money than your employees? Much more? should the salespeople at Corwin protest because Tim Corwin makes way more than they do? Professional athletes say, "We should get more because we are what people pay to see, they don't pay to see the owners." Well, I don't go to Corwins to see Tim Corwin, I go to see the salesperson. I don't go to McDonalds to see the CEO, I go to see the cashier that takes my order. Perhaps that guy should get a few hundo grand a year? Rant over, go about your business.

missingnumber7
09-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Unions in the United States today are about as useless as the electoral college. Both had their time and place, and that time and place is gone. Especially in pro sports, I mean gimmie a break. The sole reason pro players ever go on strike is to make more money...They are pissed because owners make too much...thats the pot calling the kettle black. Raise your hand if you would quit your job to make league minimum in any major pro sport. Isn't the point of being an owner of ANYTHING, to make more money than your employees? Much more? should the salespeople at Corwin protest because Tim Corwin makes way more than they do? Professional athletes say, "We should get more because we are what people pay to see, they don't pay to see the owners." Well, I don't go to Corwins to see Tim Corwin, I go to see the salesperson. I don't go to McDonalds to see the CEO, I go to see the cashier that takes my order. Perhaps that guy should get a few hundo grand a year? Rant over, go about your business.Disagree 100% I am in a federal employees union. The union performs a lobby function to make sure that we have coverage if there is a govt shut down, but lobby's to make sure there isn't a shutdown.

BisonTeacher
09-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Unions in the United States today are about as useless as the electoral college. Both had their time and place, and that time and place is gone. Especially in pro sports, I mean gimmie a break. The sole reason pro players ever go on strike is to make more money...They are pissed because owners make too much...thats the pot calling the kettle black. Raise your hand if you would quit your job to make league minimum in any major pro sport. Isn't the point of being an owner of ANYTHING, to make more money than your employees? Much more? should the salespeople at Corwin protest because Tim Corwin makes way more than they do? Professional athletes say, "We should get more because we are what people pay to see, they don't pay to see the owners." Well, I don't go to Corwins to see Tim Corwin, I go to see the salesperson. I don't go to McDonalds to see the CEO, I go to see the cashier that takes my order. Perhaps that guy should get a few hundo grand a year? Rant over, go about your business.

Not defending unions but you arent paying to see to salesperson...you are paying to see the product...cars...big macs...by your analogy the ticket broker should be asking for the raise! In the nfl....the players are the product. Now having said that...i agree they are way overpaid and hearing about them talk strike makes me sick. Reminds me of latrell sprewell complaining about all the kids he had to feed

westnodak93bison
09-26-2012, 02:18 AM

Ah, without the electoral college, rural America would have even less representation. If you want to go the way os San Fran, New York, Chicago etc. Then get rid of the electoral college.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ThunderDan
09-26-2012, 03:42 AM
Ah, without the electoral college, rural America would have even less representation. If you want to go the way os San Fran, New York, Chicago etc. Then get rid of the electoral college.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if you understand electoral college? It's a bunch of people getting together AFTER the presidential election to decide whether or note they want their state to vote for the candidate they ACTUALLY voted for. So, if North Dakota votes for a certain canidate, the electors(from the same state) can get together afterwards and say, Nah, we don't want to vote for this guy, even tho the majority of the people of our state voted for him. Has nothing to do with rural America. So, in reality, your vote means nothing. The electors vote is what counts. Can you see how this is outdated and makes no sense?

ThunderDan
09-26-2012, 03:45 AM
Sorry for derailing the thread...sucks that Mays got suspended a game, if the guys helmet didn't fall off, there would have been no suspension. This is football, no? It's a violent sport.

NDSUstudent
09-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Not sure if you understand electoral college? It's a bunch of people getting together AFTER the presidential election to decide whether or note they want their state to vote for the candidate they ACTUALLY voted for. So, if North Dakota votes for a certain canidate, the electors can get together afterwards and say, Nah, we don't want to vote for this guy, even tho the majority of the state voted for him. Has nothing to do with rural America. So, in reality, your vote means nothing. The electors vote is what counts. Can you see how this is outdated and makes no sense?

The people who get together are party loyalists, who are very likely to vote for the winner of the state and if they don't vote correctly the can face censure from their party(some states also have laws in place that punish faithless electors).

BlueBisonRock
09-26-2012, 04:41 AM
The people who get together are party loyalists, who are very likely to vote for the winner of the state and if they don't vote correctly the can face censure from their party(some states also have laws in place that punish faithless electors).

Sometimes they are a bit too loyal. There have been stories stating that IF (low probability) Romney were to carry MN, certain electorial voters would actually put Ron Paul's name on their ballot.

Now back to our regular programming.

WRSDBison
09-26-2012, 05:14 AM
That's one hell of a fine. $50K plus the loss of a one week check. That's more than I make in about 5 years.

Also, to the poster who said the check can go to the ref settlement; all fines go to a charity. The locked out refs aren't a charity case no matter what they may think.

RedRiver
09-26-2012, 01:04 PM
So what did Ed Reed get for his head hit Sunday night?

missingnumber7
09-26-2012, 01:17 PM
So what did Ed Reed get for his head hit Sunday night?He, along with Mondy from the Steelers who's much more vicious hit on Hayward Bay was not even flagged, were not on the fine/suspension list.

Also another interesting note from the Broncos. Joe has played all but 6 defensive snaps this year, missing 5 at alanta and 1 against the Texans.

Edit: Mondy was fined 20K and still haven't seen a release with Reed's name on it.

Answer Guy
09-26-2012, 06:54 PM

Holy shit.

I remember the first thing I learned in Labor Relations class, "The company that gets a union deserves a union".

Without a union, you realize there wouldn't be a league minimum wage, right? It would be Peyton Manning making $75 million and the rest playing for $50,000 with no health benefits.

I've got nothing against your version of capitalism. But the NFL is the absolute last place there shouldn't be a union.

Of course the owners should be able to make as much money as they can. But do you think the owners would do anything even approaching the right thing concerning the health and safety of the players if they didn't have to?

BadlandsBison
09-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Holy shit.

I remember the first thing I learned in Labor Relations class, "The company that gets a union deserves a union".

Without a union, you realize there wouldn't be a league minimum wage, right? It would be Peyton Manning making $75 million and the rest playing for $50,000 with no health benefits.

I've got nothing against your version of capitalism. But the NFL is the absolute last place there shouldn't be a union.

Of course the owners should be able to make as much money as they can. But do you think the owners would do anything even approaching the right thing concerning the health and safety of the players if they didn't have to?

So Peyton Manning should quit paying his union dues? Haha

Different sport, but the MLB union saying things like roid testing is an invasion of privacy? Not a pay issue, but unions are capable of being dumb and greedy, too.

missingnumber7
09-26-2012, 09:06 PM
That's one hell of a fine. $50K plus the loss of a one week check. That's more than I make in about 5 years.

Also, to the poster who said the check can go to the ref settlement; all fines go to a charity. The locked out refs aren't a charity case no matter what they may think.Denver Post reported that he wouldn't lose the game check, just the $50K fine, that must be part of the new CBA.

Also reported in New Orleans that WR Greg Camarillo was released to make room for LB Ramon Humber. So one Bison sits out a week and another comes back.

1st&TennBison
09-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I remember years ago, there use to be a lot of VCR tapes( man that seems so ancient now) with names like top 50 hits. The guys were praised for destroying players, anyone remember Ronnie Lott. Now if you so much breath on a QB, or a receiver that is defenseless the NFL smacks the players with a fine or suspension. I am all for player safety, but some of it has gone a little to far and to some degree taken the intensity out of the game. Joes hit was quite a thing to watch, I can see why they called him the decleater.

JMB
09-26-2012, 11:56 PM

I think the Unions are very important to pro-sports especially the NFL. I am no legal type guy, but isn't the CBA the only thing that makes the League Salary Cap Legal? I was always under the impresson that conspiring to keep wages lower (via the salary cap) would violate anti-trust laws.

reformedUNDfan
09-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I think the Unions are very important to pro-sports especially the NFL. I am no legal type guy, but isn't the CBA the only thing that makes the League Salary Cap Legal? I was always under the impresson that conspiring to keep wages lower (via the salary cap) would violate anti-trust laws.

the league itself would otherwise be an illegal trust, not just the salary cap.

EndZoneQB
09-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Denver Post reported that he wouldn't lose the game check, just the $50K fine, that must be part of the new CBA.

Also reported in New Orleans that WR Greg Camarillo was released to make room for LB Ramon Humber. So one Bison sits out a week and another comes back.

Humber just got off of suspension so I'm sure that's why they are bringing him back. Good for him tho, doesn't he only need like one more year to be completely vested in the NFLPA pension?

missingnumber7
09-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Humber just got off of suspension so I'm sure that's why they are bringing him back. Good for him tho, doesn't he only need like one more year to be completely vested in the NFLPA pension?Is there a difference between the 3 year vested and the 10 year deal the Phil always talked about wanting 10 good years in the league?

EndZoneQB
09-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Is there a difference between the 3 year vested and the 10 year deal the Phil always talked about wanting 10 good years in the league?

That's a good question...that I don't have an answer for...haha

56BISON73
09-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Is there a difference between the 3 year vested and the 10 year deal the Phil always talked about wanting 10 good years in the league?

According to former player Todd Christensen, the average payout to a vested retiree in 2005 was $14,500. Click on the 'NFL Pension' link to read his article.

The pension payout is based on number of years and when you played. There have been many changes to the collective bargaining agreement but to date the older players still seem to suffer. The payout is on a sliding scale ex... 230 dollars per month for 1st credited season, 300 dollars for 2nd credited season and so on. Keep in mind that you have to have a minimum of 4 seasons to qualify. When you do qualify you will begin to get your pension at the age of 55 until you die. You may pick different types of pensions such as a survivor benefit in which payouts would be decreased when you pass.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_pension_for_an_NFL_player#ixzz 27di1xR5G

missingnumber7
09-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Stink and Golic on Mike and MIke this morning both very emphatic that Joe's suspension is a joke and is only because the helmet came off and a piece of his ear came off too. No concussion test done on the sideline.

MNLonghorn10
09-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Denver Post reported that he wouldn't lose the game check, just the $50K fine, that must be part of the new CBA.

Greg camarillo still had a job?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

missingnumber7
09-27-2012, 05:17 PM

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2I thought the same thing when I saw the release.

td577
09-27-2012, 06:55 PM

I would take his career in a heartbeat. Had a really unspectacular college career. Was undrafted and signed really as training camp fodder and then spent seven plus seasons in the nfl. Not bad. He must of been doing something right.

BisonTeacher
09-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Apparently mays has lost his appeal and will remain suspended

CaBisonFan
09-27-2012, 09:44 PM

Are you saying that you want all of the political power to go to the urban areas?

It would appear that the official's union in the NFL did them some good. They wanted a fair piece of the pie...check.

tony
09-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Whoa, a bit off-topic.

CaBisonFan
09-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Whoa, a bit off-topic.

Couldn't agree more Tony...:)

td577
09-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Big hits have always been revered but the problem has become poor tackling at all levels of football. Someone brought up Ronnie Lott as an example of being a hard hitter. While Lott had parts of football games he can't remember due to self induced concussions, he was also a very technically sound tackler. Now guys are just going for the hits. Take the bison for example. I thought the 2008 season was epitomized by guys going for the big hit and not the good tackle. It you make the big hit there is a temporary lift for everyone. If you miss, there is permanent damage to the game plan. While I don't think Mays deserved a suspension as the hit looked worse than it was, if he tackled Schaub hard there would have been a different outcome. I think his actual pulling up made the play look worse. The football epidemic is poor tackling combined with going for the KO. Mays just got screwed but it is the root of the issue that categorized and punished him.

heffray
09-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Whoa, a bit off-topic.

Couldn't agree more Tony...:)

tony and CaBison, i'd like to formally invite you to...

JOIN OUR CAMPAIGN TO HELP KEEP BISONVILLE CLEAN!!!
- Give Negative Rep Where Needed!
- Only Give Positive Rep Where Earned!
- No Thread Drift!
- No Foul Language!
- Remember, The Forum and Star Trib Are Watching!

KEEP BISONVILLE CLEAN!!!

BisonTeacher
09-28-2012, 05:42 PM
- Remember, The Forum and Star Trib Are Watching!

I don't know this for a fact, but sometimes listening to KFAN, I get the feeling that they are watching too.

Comfortably Numb Bison
09-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Apparently mays has lost his appeal and will remain suspended

This makes me wonder if he will make a surprise appearance in Iowa. I heard he can't even be at Bronco team facilities.

missingnumber7
09-28-2012, 09:00 PM
This makes me wonder if he will make a surprise appearance in Iowa. I heard he can't even be at Bronco team facilities.Ban from facilities is par for suspensions. Doubt he would show in Iowa but who knows.

Rynomite
09-30-2012, 06:29 AM
How do I add this awesome clip to my signature?

It in another thread but just in case...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/554/560/SchaubHit_original.gif?1348440641

MN_BISON
10-16-2012, 03:49 AM
What's the deal with Joe losing his starting job and getting very few reps? It was mentioned tonight but no explanation was given.

BisonNation11
10-16-2012, 03:53 AM
What's the deal with Joe losing his starting job and getting very few reps? It was mentioned tonight but no explanation was given.

All I heard was that he had a bad week last week so they were switching it up. I'm hoping it was just a motivation-type move to get him to play better. He did not look happy when they briefly talked about him and had the camera on him.

missingnumber7
10-16-2012, 03:57 AM
All I heard was that he had a bad week last week so they were switching it up. I'm hoping it was just a motivation-type move to get him to play better. He did not look happy when they briefly talked about him and had the camera on him.Brookings had a great game the week Joe was suspended or at least the Defense did, when there are teams that aren't power running teams I am willing to bet you won't see Joe much at all. Against power running teams Joe will play more, but it seems as if he was a different player after the suspension, although he has had a few rough games and with players out of position so much it was easy for them to make the decision to move to brookings who is experienced. I saw joe on a few special teams this week. Del Rio is old school. If Joe starts again it will be because he earned it back.

dragonsfan
10-16-2012, 03:58 AM
mays was robbed, all because of a suspension that shouldnt of happened.

CalBison97
10-16-2012, 04:54 AM
I heard in pre-game (I believe it was Jaws on Monday morning's Mike and Mike?) that Joe was being replaced due to his poor play against defending the pass and that Brookings was better suited. Hoping it's not a permanent demotion, but the Bronco D sure had it dialed in the 2nd half.

silkamilkamonico
10-16-2012, 05:34 AM
Mays lost his job because he wasnt getting the defense set fast enough against new england, which is why they ran it down denvers throat

344Johnson
10-16-2012, 06:01 AM
He got suspended, a guy played ok in his place from what I gathered. He didn't do great against New England from what I gathered, and he isn't exactly great in pass coverage. Every team needs an asshole like him though.

CaBisonFan
10-16-2012, 08:10 PM
When I've watch Denver I have to say that Joe hasn't looked very impressive. He looked lost, and not involved in very many tackles.

The stats could prove me wrong, but that's what I've seen. He hasn't been the aggressive, dominant player that we all know.

bisonmike2
10-16-2012, 08:36 PM
A $50,000 fine would make me a little less aggressive too.

NDSU '96
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I listened to some sports talk in Philly at the time Joe's suspension was announced. I was surprised (maybe I shouldn't have been) at how happy they were to be rid of Joe. The joke about the suspension was they were just surprised to see Joe was in on a tackle since he wasn't in on many in Philly. I think Joe's reads are much quicker now. Hope he's not regressing.

BlueBisonRock
10-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I listened to some sports talk in Philly at the time Joe's suspension was announced. I was surprised (maybe I shouldn't have been) at how happy they were to be rid of Joe. The joke about the suspension was they were just surprised to see Joe was in on a tackle since he wasn't in on many in Philly. I think Joe's reads are much quicker now. Hope he's not regressing.

Remember, you were listening to a self proclaimed Philly sports guru.

KSBisonFan
10-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Joe Mays not in the starting lineup again tonight against the Saints. Will be interesting to see how much he gets to play.

b15on
10-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Joe Mays not in the starting lineup again tonight against the Saints. Will be interesting to see how much he gets to play.

How bout some Ramon Humber??

BadlandsBison
10-29-2012, 01:45 AM

Joe isn't great in pass coverage but tackles really well, obviously. He'll get in on short yardage and goal line I bet since the saints are pass happy

heffray
10-29-2012, 03:08 AM
Not sure if anyone else saw this, they went right to commercial after it happened, but Mays was laying on the ground face first, appeared to be injured. It was on a special teams punt coverage play...

b15on
10-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Not sure if anyone else saw this, they went right to commercial after it happened, but Mays was laying on the ground face first, appeared to be injured. It was on a special teams punt coverage play...

I did see and they haven't said anything about it. I played it back and it looked like a guy Joe didn't see coming swept out his feet. It didn't look too serious (I hope I'm right).

KSBisonFan
10-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Very last line of the article says,

Denver linebacker Joe Mays left in the third quarter with an ankle injury.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bloody-thumb-fails-slow-manning-053007035--nfl.html

bobcat
10-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Mays out with broken leg.

KSBisonFan
10-29-2012, 05:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8569309/joe-mays-denver-broncos-likely-done-season-report-says

Mays done for season.

Bison03
10-29-2012, 05:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8569309/joe-mays-denver-broncos-likely-done-season-report-says

Mays done for season.

That sucks. Just heard on the Jack Michaels show that he was hurt on a special teams play. Best of luck on a fast recovery Joe.

GradBison
10-29-2012, 05:37 PM
wow tough couple of weeks for him since the Shaub hit.

Keep your head up Joe.

Bisonsuckalot
10-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Mays sure learned his sportsmanship from his days as a Bison, well at least he did not commit voter fraud. One word that describes what has happened..............KARMA!

Hammerhead
10-29-2012, 06:00 PM
I rewound that play on the DVR a few times last night. I guess the leg whip could have been unintentional, but Joe was a few yards behind the returner when it happened.

Hart
10-29-2012, 09:50 PM
As a lifelong Broncos fan and NDSU alum, I was stoked when Mays got traded from Philadelphia to Denver. Unfortunately, things really haven't worked out for Joe. He was relegated to special teams duty in favor of Keith Brookings (37 years old) and several other younger players whom the Broncos have acquired in the past few drafts and UDFA sessions. His play early on in the season in passing situations was absolutely pathetic and he has consistently been out of position in the run game, which is supposed to be his strength. He probably wouldn't have been out there if DJ Williams wasn't suspended for a good portion of the season, but I find it laughable that Jack Del Rio had him out there in nickel and passing situations given his clear deficiency in that area which stems back to his days with the Herd.

Joe can't keep the tempo on the field and failed to make audible adjustments week after week this season. He has played wreckless and without self-discipline for quite some time now. I can't imagine the Broncos keeping him past this season. Word is that they aren't ready to put him on IR quite yet, but if he doesn't come back before the post-season, it is quite likely that Mays has played his last down with the Denver Broncos. At best, Joe is a situational two-down run thumper in the NFL. He will never be the kind of guy who can man the MIKE position for all downs because he simply doesn't have the skills, range or ball awareness to compete with tight ends or receivers down the field.

Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery.

missingnumber7
10-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Mays sure learned his sportsmanship from his days as a Bison, well at least he did not commit voter fraud. One word that describes what has happened..............KARMA!And once again you show how big of a doucebag you are.

CAS4127
10-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Broken fibula-->out for season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TbonZach
10-29-2012, 11:11 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/joe-mays-rough-season-comes-to-early-end/

dragonsfan
10-30-2012, 03:22 AM
tough break, no pun intended. it appears that joe got the shaft after the suspension with bronco's promoting old man brookings. they have joe for 2 more years? you'd think they'd want him to succeed.

BisonEngrGirl
10-30-2012, 03:54 AM

I broke my fibula and was on crutches for 5 weeks, but it's not a weight-bearing bone like the tibia so it's not as bad of an injury. Michael Vick broke his leg in pre-season that same year and was back 6 weeks later. Couldn't he possibly be healed in time if they make it to the play offs??

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

missingnumber7
10-30-2012, 02:36 PM
As a lifelong Broncos fan and NDSU alum, I was stoked when Mays got traded from Philadelphia to Denver. Unfortunately, things really haven't worked out for Joe. He was relegated to special teams duty in favor of Keith Brookings (37 years old) and several other younger players whom the Broncos have acquired in the past few drafts and UDFA sessions. His play early on in the season in passing situations was absolutely pathetic and he has consistently been out of position in the run game, which is supposed to be his strength. He probably wouldn't have been out there if DJ Williams wasn't suspended for a good portion of the season, but I find it laughable that Jack Del Rio had him out there in nickel and passing situations given his clear deficiency in that area which stems back to his days with the Herd.

Joe can't keep the tempo on the field and failed to make audible adjustments week after week this season. He has played wreckless and without self-discipline for quite some time now. I can't imagine the Broncos keeping him past this season. Word is that they aren't ready to put him on IR quite yet, but if he doesn't come back before the post-season, it is quite likely that Mays has played his last down with the Denver Broncos. At best, Joe is a situational two-down run thumper in the NFL. He will never be the kind of guy who can man the MIKE position for all downs because he simply doesn't have the skills, range or ball awareness to compete with tight ends or receivers down the field.

Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery.I agree with your assesment other than the Wreckless/lack of self-discipline portion. The Broncos resigned him in the offseason to a 3 year exentsion which make cutting him costly, 4.1Mil next year and 4.6 year after.

Also your comment that he wouldn't be out there alot if it werent for DJ being suspended really shows your lack of knowldge of the Broncos D. Woodyard would not be on the field. That was the way it was last year.

As far as Joe's benching goes...something happened either in the locker room or in the week after practice because he went from starting to not even being in the defenseve rotation. Joe brings something to the Broncos D that hasn't been there since Al Wilson, a dependable run stopping MLB. Is he a long term answer no, but neither is brookings and Travethian can't stop the run. Joe has a role on this team, and I hope he comes back from this injury hungry as hell and ready to improve the team weather it is as Starting MLB or Goalline/Short yardage LB and Sptecial Teams Monster.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Woodyard has been great in his time and has likely moved DJ back to inside, which wouldn't have happened if DJ wasn't suspended.

I think Mays time is done in Denver. The coaches were not happy with him during the New England game and as a result hasn't really played since. Mays was hurt on special teams, not playing defense.

Right now he's an overpaid special teamer, and then his unfortunate injury. I think MLB is something the organization will look to address early in the draft.

As far as Mays, he was misused. He was bvery good on first and second down, and terrible on third down. As far as third down, he shouldn't have even been on the field as the 3rd down LBer because of DJ. IMHO the coaches screwed that situation up royally. They sat him because he was bad on third down, when he wasn't even supposed to be on the field, and probably had no business. He never hass been a coverage LBer in the NFL.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2012, 03:04 PM
As far as Joe's benching goes...something happened either in the locker room or in the week after practice because he went from starting to not even being in the defenseve rotation.

Joe was benched for 2 reasons;

1) He was not good at all on 3rd down, specifically 3rd down and long. Ironically he shouldn't have been out on the field in those plays, that was terrible coaching.
2) Coaches felt he did not get the defense set quick enough during New England, unfortunately when Mcdaniels decided to unleash his Oregon offense on his old team. Just unfortunate. Del Rio expressed his displeasure specifically with Mays on Denver radio the week following.

missingnumber7
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Joe was benched for 2 reasons;

1) He was not good at all on 3rd down, specifically 3rd down and long. Ironically he shouldn't have been out on the field in those plays, that was terrible coaching.
2) Coaches felt he did not get the defense set quick enough during New England, unfortunately when Mcdaniels decided to unleash his Oregon offense on his old team. Just unfortunate. Del Rio expressed his displeasure specifically with Mays on Denver radio the week following.If they had such a problem with joe, especially against a passing offense why not bench him during the game, not just bench him long term. Del Rio struggles with mid game adjustments IMO and that game proved it. He is just coaching for another HC opportunity, which means another DC which will make 10 in 13 years.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2012, 10:09 PM
If they had such a problem with joe, especially against a passing offense why not bench him during the game, not just bench him long term. Del Rio struggles with mid game adjustments IMO and that game proved it. He is just coaching for another HC opportunity, which means another DC which will make 10 in 13 years.

I agree to an extent. Joes a run stopping mlb. Hes good too. He has no business being out on the field on 3rd and long regardless of the scheme or team.

I actually think the i game adjustnents del rio has made at half has been amazing, and it shows in denvers nfl low second half points.

The game planning has been bad up till last week. And i think it showed in their plab to have mays play 3 downs from the start.

Hart
10-30-2012, 10:45 PM
I agree with your assesment other than the Wreckless/lack of self-discipline portion. The Broncos resigned him in the offseason to a 3 year exentsion which make cutting him costly, 4.1Mil next year and 4.6 year after.

Also your comment that he wouldn't be out there alot if it werent for DJ being suspended really shows your lack of knowldge of the Broncos D. Woodyard would not be on the field. That was the way it was last year.

As far as Joe's benching goes...something happened either in the locker room or in the week after practice because he went from starting to not even being in the defenseve rotation. Joe brings something to the Broncos D that hasn't been there since Al Wilson, a dependable run stopping MLB. Is he a long term answer no, but neither is brookings and Travethian can't stop the run. Joe has a role on this team, and I hope he comes back from this injury hungry as hell and ready to improve the team weather it is as Starting MLB or Goalline/Short yardage LB and Sptecial Teams Monster.

It will not cost us that much to cost because most all of his guarantees are paid outside of a half-million dollar bonus next season. Thus, it would be a 500,000 dollar cap hit to get ride of Joe Mays.

As far as my knowledge on the Broncos defense, Del Rio is going to have his best two cover linebackers out there in nickel packages, once Williams comes back -- I would assume he would take that roll over Trevathan, although he played lights out. Apparently you did not watch the Saints game this weekend. Brookings has replaced Mays and he isn't on the field in those situations on third downs. That is why Woodyard was wearing the headset helmet and you saw another weakside linebacker (Danny) on the field then too. Woodyard had a good game, besides blowing his responsibility to Sproles on their first touchdown.

Denver isn't going to spend 4 million per season to have Joe Mays as a back-up and specialist. We have players on the roster who can fill that void at a much cheaper rate. Here is a look:

Woodyard and Williams are in their contract years (2014) after this season. One of them stays, one of them goes. I'm betting that Williams will be done because of his pricetag and off-the-field antics. Von Miller is a shoe-in for SLB until the end of days. Nate Irving has looked decent in his opportunities this season and has flexibility at SLB and ILB. Those guys remain with the team.

Danny Trevathan has earned his roll as well for the future. It is clear that Keith Brookings probably doesn't have a future with the club and that undoubtedly, Steven Johnson can be upgraded upon, but likely gets a shot at the 53 man roster next year. Denver isn't going to have Mays on the squad as a starter because he has proven inept in that roll. The Patriots game was clear proof of that and he was exposed for what he was -- an average NFL player.

On the flip side. . . in a short time, Del Rio has done a great time coaching up a relatively young and inexperienced corps of linebackers. Two of which are rookies, and two in their first year of full off-season workouts that weren't shortened by a lockout. Pretty impressive. So while he has failed to make some adjustments, (despite being lights out after halftime), it doesn't take away from the point that to be an inside linebacker in the NFL you have to play all three downs. With teams running the spread and no huddle consistently, the man calling the shots in the middle has to be out there at all times, or else we relegate our duties elsewhere and waste resources when it isn't necessary. All things considered: Joe Mays can't do that, he isn't that guy. His contract was essentially a one year deal to prove that and he didn't show up.

Denver doesn't have a shot at Teo in the draft, but they are scouting the Hell out of him. I am underwhelmed by most of the other options available in this years class on the inside because guys like Ogleetree, Mauti and Skov have durability concerns and Reddick (UNC) has underperformed big time, but is is a guarantee (unless a big name FA is signed) that someone is getting brought into Denver at ILB (and WLB) next draft. My guess is that Joe is done with the team after this year. I will miss his big hits, but I won't miss his inconsistency and troubles in against the pass.

Hammersmith
10-31-2012, 12:26 AM
I broke my fibula and was on crutches for 5 weeks, but it's not a weight-bearing bone like the tibia so it's not as bad of an injury. Michael Vick broke his leg in pre-season that same year and was back 6 weeks later. Couldn't he possibly be healed in time if they make it to the play offs??

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2
Definitely don't need the fibula. Both of mine have been removed to use as spare parts in my arm. After the second one was removed, I was walking on crutches the following day, and off crutches within a week. But a complete removal of a bone is a lot different than waiting for it to heal after a break. The healing actually takes a lot longer. And that's nothing compared to waiting until the healed bone can take a hit. Good luck to Joe for a fast recovery.

344Johnson
10-31-2012, 01:13 AM
Definitely don't need the fibula. Both of mine have been removed to use as spare parts in my arm. After the second one was removed, I was walking on crutches the following day, and off crutches within a week. But a complete removal of a bone is a lot different than waiting for it to heal after a break. The healing actually takes a lot longer. And that's nothing compared to waiting until the healed bone can take a hit. Good luck to Joe for a fast recovery.

wait what the 2#*$? Bone removal? I have broken that bone twice.

Hammersmith
10-31-2012, 02:08 AM
wait what the 2#*$? Bone removal? I have broken that bone twice.
The fibula is the appendix of the skeleton. It basically comes from a time when primates used their feet for grabbing and holding. To rotate a lower limb, you need the musculature attachment points that a pair of bones give you. We absolutely need that in our arms; we don't need it in our legs anymore. The only thing the fibula is good for anymore is carrying less than 20% of our weight(the tibiae take the other 80%+) and providing a little bit of lateral support in our ankles. The vast majority of the fibula's duties can be performed by just leaving the top and bottom of the bone in place where most(all?) of the muscle/ligament/tendon attachment points are.

In medicine, the fibula is great for reconstruction work. It can be used to replace just about any long bone in the body and it can even replace a jaw(they break the fib into three pieces and wire it together in a horseshoe shape). In my case(fairly typical), cancer had infiltrated almost all of my left humerus and that section had to go. The docs cut the bone just below the shoulder joint and just above the elbow and removed it(with a muscle that was also cancer-ridden). They then proceeded to do a similar thing with a fibula. The fibular graft was then socketed and screwed into place into my arm and the blood vessels were connected to keep the transplanted bone alive. Something eventually went wrong and I had to do the whole thing over again about eight months later with the other fibula. That one worked.

Got a nice set of scars out of the deal. Almost sad that they've faded so much over the decade.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfvjdpthM7BEUnrQUs-Zxc_QepL6g2_Mr25XbMEjBn6gNRYylM

Bison bison
10-31-2012, 02:24 AM
The fibula is the appendix of the skeleton. It basically comes from a time when primates used their feet for grabbing and holding.

You AND Darwin Can Go STRaighT TO H-E-DOUBLE-BUTTHOCKEY-STICKS!!!

(We all know it was to defend against dinosaurs in 400 BC.)

BisonTeacher
10-31-2012, 10:55 AM
The fibula is the appendix of the skeleton.

What you are referring to what is called a Vestigial Structure. Its a body part that doesnt seem to have a function, but may have in earlier ancestors. Vestigial limbs on snakes, whales having a hip bone. Human appendix or the muscles in the ear.

Oh...and @ NDB2...Humans and dinosaurs never existed on the planet at the same time. Darwin Told me that himself.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfvjdpthM7BEUnrQUs-Zxc_QepL6g2_Mr25XbMEjBn6gNRYylM

KSBisonFan
07-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Von Miller facing 4 game suspension. I know Joe Mays plays ILB and Miller plays outside but this can't hurt Joe's battle for playing time if the Broncos have to shuffle LB's. Depth chart shows Joe as #1 ILB but didn't he lose his starting spot last season?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-broncos-linebacker-von-miller-facing-four-game-152702337.html

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
07-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Von Miller facing 4 game suspension. I know Joe Mays plays ILB and Miller plays outside but this can't hurt Joe's battle for playing time if the Broncos have to shuffle LB's. Depth chart shows Joe as #1 ILB but didn't he lose his starting spot last season?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-broncos-linebacker-von-miller-facing-four-game-152702337.html

He didn't lose it. Got injured.

HoopsBison
07-22-2013, 07:08 PM
He didn't lose it. Got injured.

Kind of, he had a minor injury, sat out for a week or two and when he came back he wasnt the starter. Big Joe Mays fan but he was not having a good year and was likely to get replaced regardless. Unfortunately shortly after he suffered a season ending injury on special teams.

GradBison
07-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Kind of, he had a minor injury, sat out for a week or two and when he came back he wasnt the starter. Big Joe Mays fan but he was not having a good year and was likely to get replaced regardless. Unfortunately shortly after he suffered a season ending injury on special teams.

He was suspended for the hit on Schaub and got injured after that.

coloradobison
07-23-2013, 01:26 PM
He had lost it. The replaced him with Brooking after the debacle in NE. Speculation was that Joe would be cut as they were going to look at a young kid Irving as the starting MLB and brought in Stuart Bradley also. Training camp starts Thurs so we'll hear pretty quickly about where he is at but from the direction the Broncos were moving, it doesn't look good. Cornick is also on the roster and has an outside chance at a spot or a practice squad spot.

coloradobison
07-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Update - Joe was released today per the Broncos beat writer at the Denver Post.

TAILG8R
07-23-2013, 04:33 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/23/broncos-cut-middle-linebacker-joe-mays/

imabison
07-23-2013, 05:01 PM

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/406894/group/homepage/
Broncos release former Bison LB Joe Mays

stevdock
07-23-2013, 05:18 PM
As long as he has his speed back from the injury he will be picked up by someone. If nothing else I still think he could be a special teams stud in the NFL. Shouldn't surprise anyone too much with the cut though. It looked pretty obvious that the Broncos started in this direction mid-season last year.

missingnumber7
07-23-2013, 07:53 PM
To much quality youth in the Broncos LB core and to big of a cap number for Mays 4 Mil, they save 3.5 by cutting him. Sucks as a Broncos and Bison fan, but it is a business and Joe will catch on somewhere. Would not supprise me for him to get a look in Jax.

Professor Chaos
07-24-2013, 04:41 PM
The Vikings need some depth at MLB. Although with Desmond Bishop signing they're probably not looking for another veteran at that spot. I can hope though!

HerdBot
07-24-2013, 05:07 PM
The Vikings need some depth at MLB. Although with Desmond Bishop signing they're probably not looking for another veteran at that spot. I can hope though!

The Vikes run the Tampa 2.... would love to see Joe on my favorite NFL team!

A1pigskin
07-27-2013, 05:49 PM
How is his leg doing?

TAILG8R
07-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Loos like the Redskin are interested in Joe (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/26/redskins-bringing-joe-mays-in-for-a-visit/)

HoopsBison
07-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 16m

The Texans have sincere interest in ILB Joe Mays. Realistic chance that they make him an offer over next 24 hours, per source.

Latest on Joe!

TAILG8R
07-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Mays signs with Texans (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/29/texans-sign-joe-mays/)

Did Matt Schaub insist on the team signing him in order to avoid another devastating hit (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000064792/Mays-illegal-hit-on-Schaub)?

Bisonator98
07-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Good luck Joe!

BismarckBisonFan
07-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Best of luck Joe.

Bison03
07-30-2013, 01:28 AM
Only 267 miles from Houston to Frisco Joe......just saying...

MrBaumann
07-30-2013, 02:31 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9519559/houston-texans-ink-lb-joe-mays-injured-matt-schaub-report

looks like it's a done deal

Hammerhead
07-30-2013, 04:18 PM
The contract is said to be worth $1 million.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/407553/group/Sports/

At least he didn't go to a team that I hate and it won't be hard to root for him playing against the Vikings in the 1st preseason game where the starters don't play very often so he probably won't be on the field with Peterson or Ponder too much.

TAILG8R
07-30-2013, 09:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/30/joe-mays-looks-to-remove-sour-taste-from-his-mouth/

A1pigskin
07-31-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm glad he got picked up by another team

missingnumber7
07-31-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm glad he got picked up by another teamHis special teams ability was to much not to get him at least a camp look, and with depth issues during playoff runs for lots of teams the last few years and the experience that he had it was an easy pickup. Despite what some Broncos fans have to say about Joe, he was a huge part in the run D in Denver turning from a joke to the as respectable as it was during the year 1/2 he started. He is, was, and always will be a 2 down thumper by NFL terms, and teams have to be willing to accept that. I feel that 1 game charactarized his exit from Denver, and it sucks that it followed a week where he was suspended. And then subsequently injured. He was giving of his time for charities, both him and his wife and is going to be missed in Denver.

NWNDBison
07-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Joe Mays talks to the media (video)

http://www.kvrr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21532&Itemid=58#video

devin45k
08-01-2013, 02:30 PM
My god time goes by quick. It crazy to see that Joe Mays is listed in his 6th year and Humber in his 5th year and Dahl in his 7th year.

I remember when they all just broke into the NFL.

MrBaumann
03-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Joe Mays new deal with Kansas City Chiefs!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10596676/kansas-city-chiefs-agree-linebacker-joe-mays

http://youtu.be/9biPfmRxOK0

I am a die hard Chiefs fan so this is a very good day for me :D
Still crossing my fingers for KC to trade back for a second round pick and take Billy.... Let a kid dream.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/2/20/5430774/nfl-combine-2014-kansas-city-chiefs-billy-turner-offensive-lineman

missingnumber7
03-13-2014, 12:41 AM
Great deal for Joe 2 years 6 mil! Ill cheer for him 14 weeks this season.

Tony Almeida
03-13-2014, 03:06 AM
Andy Reid don't forget.

BisManBison
03-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Andy Reid don't forget.

^^^^This!!!!!! That says a lot about Joe Mays right there!

MrBaumann
03-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Looks like his contract is more of a 1 year- salary cap friendly deal. Technically 2 years though.

"The only thing they told me is they're going to bring me in to compete,'' Mays said today. "I'll let everythng else play out, just come in there and do what I need to do. Hopefully I'll carve out a role for myself.''

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/4652/mays-could-be-another-one-year-rental

Bison4peat
03-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Looks like his contract is more of a 1 year- salary cap friendly deal. Technically 2 years though.

"The only thing they told me is they're going to bring me in to compete,'' Mays said today. "I'll let everythng else play out, just come in there and do what I need to do. Hopefully I'll carve out a role for myself.''

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/4652/mays-could-be-another-one-year-rental Joe has some thump left in him, he should be a nice addition to a solid defense.

HoopsBison
03-14-2014, 03:45 AM
Sigh, why does Joe always gotta play for teams I cant stand...first the broncos now the chiefs...ughhh.

Taking my beef out of it, congrats to Joe, hope you dominate!

BlueBisonRock
03-14-2014, 05:03 AM
Sigh, why does Joe always gotta play for teams I cant stand...first the broncos now the chiefs...ughhh.

Taking my beef out of it, congrats to Joe, hope you dominate!

Because the Vikes don't have the common sense to go after a player like him.

A1pigskin
03-15-2014, 12:44 AM
I hope he invests his $$ wisely. When he retires from the NFL he can come back to ND and be the linebackers coach for NDSU.

Congrats to Joe.

overquota
03-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Or join the Jacksonville (cough NDSU) staff

El_Chapo
07-02-2014, 03:20 AM
NDSU Austin Farnlof was excited to meet Chiefs Joe Mays today!

http://t.co/8k2JaIzDLB

Joe throwing up the horns!

MrBaumann
08-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Joe needs wrist surgery. Damn shame. He looked good in Bob Sutton's attacking style defense this preseason.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/8/21/6054411/chiefs-joe-mays-injury-wrist-surgery

thundarsdaddy
08-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Joe needs wrist surgery. Damn shame. He looked good in Bob Sutton's attacking style defense this preseason.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/8/21/6054411/chiefs-joe-mays-injury-wrist-surgery

Thats too bad, but injuries are such a part of the NFL(any FB team for that matter), so Joe will simply deal with it and come back stronger. Too bad this aint the old days...let the linebackers play with a cast on...lol!

RedRiver
08-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Too bad for Joe. He had a great game against Carolina with a sack and 4 tackles, but came out early with the injury.

missingnumber7
08-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Too bad for Joe. He had a great game against Carolina with a sack and 4 tackles, but came out early with the injury.

Doesn't sound like he will miss a ton of time.

Bison bison
08-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Thats too bad, but injuries are such a part of the NFL(any FB team for that matter), so Joe will simply deal with it and come back stronger. Too bad this aint the old days...let the linebackers play with a cast on...lol!

Did you guys see Cinderella Man!?!

NFL offenses better watch the hell out!

td577
08-23-2014, 12:47 AM
The one misnomer out there about the NFL is that the average career is 3 years. Taken as just a number, it is. When you throw out every guy who has played only one year or one game, the average career is about 8 years. Joe, Ramon, and Dahl are starting to get to that average or more. They have had nice careers. You have to think one of these days they will have fallen apart enough. Of course Ramon did get a couple in-season vacations, so he is fresher.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

RedRiver
08-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Six weeks for Joe, then hope he can reclaim his starting linebacker job.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11413181/joe-mays-kansas-city-chiefs-six-weeks?ex_cid=espnapi_public

El_Chapo
10-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Mays update:

Reid also said that Joe Mays, who was placed on short term IR before the season, is eligible to practice this week but they are not likely to start practicing him yet. He just had the screws taken out of his wrist so the Chiefs want to rehab that more before putting him on the field.

missingnumber7
10-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Mays update:

Reid also said that Joe Mays, who was placed on short term IR before the season, is eligible to practice this week but they are not likely to start practicing him yet. He just had the screws taken out of his wrist so the Chiefs want to rehab that more before putting him on the field.

The nice part for them is that he is allowed to be on the field for walk throughs now and not just present.

EndZoneQB
10-21-2014, 09:52 PM
I hope Mays can make a go of it again, seemed like he was really finding his stride. I like that he is back with Reid again too, must have liked him in Philly - or his tape is too good now.

Would be pretty cool if we had two starting LBs from that team :)

CalBison97
11-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Look who's back:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4943/joe-mays

A1pigskin
11-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Look who's back:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4943/joe-mays

244 lbs of woopass waiting to be unleashed.

El_Chapo
04-10-2015, 04:26 PM
JOE MAYS to join M-WILL with the NY Jets Signing today ..

El_Chapo
04-26-2020, 06:31 PM
Joe May's was a BEAST. www.facebook.com/BisoNation1

https://youtu.be/Mr-ELKhmWj8

https://youtu.be/jXvCKwHLIew

My god he killed these 2 guys

2011BisonAlumni
04-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Joe May's was a BEAST. www.facebook.com/BisoNation1

https://youtu.be/Mr-ELKhmWj8

https://youtu.be/jXvCKwHLIew

My god he killed these 2 guys

Please take this down. Dirty hits and anyone calling him a beast because of it is honestly a piece of shit.

This is a prime example of why our fan base is tired of you Sam.

SDbison
04-26-2020, 11:32 PM
Please take this down. Dirty hits and anyone calling him a beast because of it is honestly a piece of shit.

This is a prime example of why our fan base is tired of you Sam. That first hit was not dirty. Wow, guess your idea of football is 2 hand touch.

NDSUSR
04-26-2020, 11:41 PM
That first hit was not dirty. Wow, guess your idea of football is 2 hand touch.
It was legal, but was also dirty af.

56BISON73
04-26-2020, 11:59 PM

What was dirty? Its called football. Pro football at that. Put your big boy pants on.

ByeSonBusiness
04-27-2020, 12:47 AM

Lol wut? Joe Mays rules.

Bison"FANatic"
04-27-2020, 01:40 AM
I have never heard pads pop in the dome as loud as on Joes hits.

Of course now you don't hear in the dome.

El_Chapo
04-27-2020, 01:41 AM

as a friend of joe May's. I'll say it right now. STFU. its aholes like you that are the REAL issue whining about what people write.. blah blah. someone wrote something whaaaa

NDSUSR
04-27-2020, 01:45 AM
as a friend of joe May's. I'll say it right now. STFU. its aholes like you that are the REAL issue.

both hits were legal

The second wasnt legal. Thats why the refs threw a flag.

scottietohottie
04-27-2020, 01:47 AM
I have never heard pads pop in the dome as loud as on Joes hits.

Of course now you don't hear in the dome.

The fullbacks said they'd never been hit harder then Joe Mays at practice

El_Chapo
04-27-2020, 01:48 AM

I forgot.. deleted that part ;)

Dude was legit the Hitman and laid the wood

Bison bison
04-27-2020, 01:05 PM

It.was continuation of motion. There was no way that hit was going to be stopped at the time the QB threw the ball.

Obviously the rule is to protect the QB and he got blasted on that play, but unless we put em in red jerseys and make tackling a penalty this is what you'll get.

El_Chapo
04-27-2020, 01:20 PM
It.was continuation of motion. There was no way that hit was going to be stopped at the time the QB threw the ball.

Obviously the rule is to protect the QB and he got blasted on that play, but unless we put em in red jerseys and make tackling a penalty this is what you'll get.

yea thank you. May's was already in the air trying to make a play and Schaub crouched down this his chin came down

MankatoBison
04-27-2020, 01:50 PM
Dood is a beast. Unsure of when the shaub hit was, but it looks like it was before targeting penalties existed.
Seemed pretty standard for the time, honestly. Context is important guys... but i know, I know, the narrative that Lakes is the worst human ever or something. I think I'm going to coin a new term: "Lakes Derangement Syndrome". If your LDS lasts longer than four hours, or has you trashing old NDSU players because Lakes liked it, than consult your doctor.

For real guys- lets not play revisionist history and pretend that Joe is a dirty player or something by holding him to standards that didnt exist at the time.

MankatoBison
04-27-2020, 01:53 PM
Real question...

How much money would you need to receive in order to just take a straight on hit from Joe Mays? You get to wear pads and everything, but he gets 10 yards sprint right at you?
10k? 100K 1M?

Honestly, I'm unsure If I would do it for less than 100,000 LOL. Not sure I would ever be able to feed myself ever again

IndyBison
04-27-2020, 02:17 PM

Obviously the rule is to protect the QB and he got blasted on that play, but unless we put em in red jerseys and make tackling a penalty this is what you'll get.This isn't a foul because it's late. It's a foul because he launched at a defenseless opponent with the crown of his helmet to the head out neck area with no attempt to wrap up and made forcible contact while doing it. This has almost every element possible for both instances of targeting in NCAA rules. I don't know the NFL rules as well, but I think at this time the NFL already has their rule that almost any contact to the head of the passer was roughing. I believe their version of targeting came after this

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bison bison
04-27-2020, 02:53 PM
People see what they want to see.

I saw a quarterback nearly lose helmet on a play and then get laid out, lose his helmet on the next one.

Mays lowered his shoulder and ran through the tackle. He never launched, he was on his feet before, during, and after the hit.

I hate the play for two reasons at it contains the two things I dislike most about the NFL - unnecessary roughness (not the penalty, just knocking the sh#t out of a guy which Joe is notorious for) and quarterback pussery.

Strap your helmet on and be ready to take a hit.

Don't waddle out there like you're part of the f@cking gentry and then take offense when you get nailed.

El_Chapo
04-27-2020, 03:45 PM
Real question...

How much money would you need to receive in order to just take a straight on hit from Joe Mays? You get to wear pads and everything, but he gets 10 yards sprint right at you?
10k? 100K 1M?

Honestly, I'm unsure If I would do it for less than 100,000 LOL. Not sure I would ever be able to feed myself ever again

$10k probably.. ..

Bison bison
04-27-2020, 04:00 PM
Possibility of permanent brain damage? No price.

IA_BIZON
04-27-2020, 04:32 PM
Does anybody else rememberthe way Joe Toth hit guys at Dacotah Field in the early 90s? I was an undergrad and it was bonecrunching watching from the south stands...

IndyBison
04-27-2020, 06:48 PM

I saw a quarterback nearly lose helmet on a play and then get laid out, lose his helmet on the next one.

Mays lowered his shoulder and ran through the tackle. He never launched, he was on his feet before, during, and after the hit.

I hate the play for two reasons at it contains the two things I dislike most about the NFL - unnecessary roughness (not the penalty, just knocking the sh#t out of a guy which Joe is notorious for) and quarterback pussery.

Strap your helmet on and be ready to take a hit.

Don't waddle out there like you're part of the f@cking gentry and then take offense when you get nailed.That hit was just as dangerous for Joe as it was to the QB. He made no attempt to tackle at all. He become a missile using the crown of his helmet which can result in a serious concussion for the hitter or worse compress the spinal column in his neck. The fact he went into the head of his opponent with the crown makes it worse. This has nothing to do with the fact that opponent was a quarterback. This is dangerous and a foul if he does it against a 300 lb lineman.

If you want this hit to be a legal part of football you had better prepare for no more football. You can still legally hit this player very hard without using your your head or going at his head.

southcliffbison
04-27-2020, 06:56 PM
That hit was just as dangerous for Joe as it was to the QB. He made no attempt to tackle at all. He become a missile using the crown of his helmet which can result in a serious concussion for the hitter or worse compress the spinal column in his neck. The fact he went into the head of his opponent with the crown makes it worse. This has nothing to do with the fact that opponent was a quarterback. This is dangerous and a foul if he does it against a 300 lb lineman.

If you want this hit to be a legal part of football you had better prepare for no more football. You can still legally hit this player very hard without using your your head or going at his head.

Loved Joe Mays when he was playing for the Bison ; the answer to these dangerous hits is leather helmets and no face guards. That'll learn'em !!

Bison bison
04-27-2020, 07:17 PM
That hit was just as dangerous for Joe as it was to the QB. He made no attempt to tackle at all. He become a missile using the crown of his helmet which can result in a serious concussion for the hitter or worse compress the spinal column in his neck. The fact he went into the head of his opponent with the crown makes it worse. This has nothing to do with the fact that opponent was a quarterback. This is dangerous and a foul if he does it against a 300 lb lineman.

IndyBison
04-27-2020, 07:24 PM
Loved Joe Mays when he was playing for the Bison ; the answer to these dangerous hits is leather helmets and no face guards. That'll learn'em !!

Many have said that may be the only way to get players to stop using their head. Bison fans went nuts with Clowney's hit to the back of Carson's helmet in the playoff game and that's nothing compared to this. I bet Clowney doesn't do that if he's wearing a leather helmet.

SoCalBison
04-28-2020, 02:20 AM
Many have said that may be the only way to get players to stop using their head. Bison fans went nuts with Clowney's hit to the back of Carson's helmet in the playoff game and that's nothing compared to this. I bet Clowney doesn't do that if he's wearing a leather helmet.

Or he does it once.

G_Funky
04-28-2020, 05:23 PM
during one fall camp i saw Joe put a 310 lb o-lineman on skates from the middle of the field to the sideline and then hip tossed him to the fence because he was pissed he was getting held all practice. He then turned to entire offensive squad and screamed "y'all better stop holding me!" needless to say no one held him after that.

also - it always seemed like him and Jangs had an unwritten rule that if Ty was going to be lead blocking Joe they only went about 50% because they knew that if they collided full speed it would send shock waves all through North Fargo.

EC8CH
04-28-2020, 06:28 PM
during one fall camp i saw Joe put a 310 lb o-lineman on skates from the middle of the field to the sideline and then hip tossed him to the fence because he was pissed he was getting held all practice. He then turned to entire offensive squad and screamed "y'all better stop holding me!" needless to say no one held him after that.

also - it always seemed like him and Jangs had an unwritten rule that if Ty was going to be lead blocking Joe they only went about 50% because they knew that if they collided full speed it would send shock waves all through North Fargo.

I like this story.

CivilBison96
05-02-2020, 03:51 AM
Does anybody else rememberthe way Joe Toth hit guys at Dacotah Field in the early 90s? I was an undergrad and it was bonecrunching watching from the south stands...

Wish there was video but I remember one from Angelo State game in 94 where the back went from going full speed ahead to being driven back and planted about 5 yards behind the hit.

El_Chapo
05-02-2020, 04:41 AM
Wish there was video but I remember one from Angelo State game in 94 where the back went from going full speed ahead to being driven back and planted about 5 yards behind the hit.

i just remember him jumping out of our 2nd story house to get away from the cops and rocky..haha. he hit the ground running

Toth & Beck & Mays 3 biggest badasses in ndsu football history

Elvis was a Bison
05-03-2020, 02:32 PM

I know you are too young to remember the Marman twins, but no badass list is complete without them!!

DORMIE
05-03-2020, 02:55 PM
The Marman's had a brother living in Montana who was getting hasseled.
One day they got in their car, drove to Montana, beat the shit out of the
guy and then drove home.

southcliffbison
05-03-2020, 03:44 PM
The Marman's had a brother living in Montana who was getting hasseled.
One day they got in their car, drove to Montana, beat the shit out of the
guy and then drove home.

Tim and Tom......quite the pair to draw to.....since they lived in Beach, ND, driving to Montana wouldn't be that much to a stretch.

DORMIE
05-03-2020, 07:32 PM
I believe they were in Fargo at the time.

56BISON73
05-03-2020, 07:50 PM
i just remember him jumping out of our 2nd story house to get away from the cops and rocky..haha. he hit the ground running

That would be in your collective memory.

mtoutfitter
05-03-2020, 08:39 PM
That would be in your collective memory.

I'd be interested in hearing your list PL as you've seen most from the 70s on both playing and as a fan. I would think you'd be in a better position than most to make that list.

southcliffbison
05-04-2020, 12:16 AM
I believe they were in Fargo at the time.

Ok, if they were living in Fargo and then drove out to Montana to beat the hell out of someone...…..well, that certainly qualifies as badass.