PDA

View Full Version : north dakota suspends 4 hockey captains

Pages : [1] 2

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2012, 05:44 PM
including bisonville favorite danny kristo!

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/245236/

team parties. probably had a ton of under 21 year olds there boozing it up.

the suspension calls for 1 game, against the worst team in the wcha- alaska anchorage.

who wants to bet gapteeth will tell us "this is how a program should be ran"...when a 1 game suspension vs robert morris wouldn't of been enough for ndsu.

Bison Dan
09-18-2012, 05:55 PM
including bisonville favorite danny kristo!

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/245236/

team parties. probably had a ton of under 21 year olds there boozing it up.

the suspension calls for 1 game, against the worst team in the wcha- alaska anchorage.

who wants to bet gapteeth will tell us "this is how a program should be ran"...when a 1 game suspension vs robert morris wouldn't of been enough for ndsu.How did the coaches know about the party? Lots more to come I would think. Yeah real hard to suspend against against a terrible team. What would coach have done if it was the a home game against the Gophers? <content removed for being gossip disguised as speculation>

tony
09-18-2012, 06:04 PM
How did the coaches know about the party? Lots more to come I would think. Yeah real hard to suspend against against a terrible team. What would coach have done if it was the a home game against the Gophers? <gossip redacted>.

Hey, no gossip please. If there is more to the story it'll get out... er, maybe. Do you see "siouxsports.com" or "grandforksherald.com" anywhere in the address bar right now? No. That means no gossip.

Anyway, when quit picking on foreigners. Seems xenophobic.

EndZoneQB
09-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Nice repost, newbcock. Try reading the forums once in awhile. *yawn* old news.

KC Bison
09-18-2012, 10:29 PM
In Fargo, minors in possession, get arrested. Anyone contributing to minors gets arrested. Apparently these things only result in one-game suspensions in Grand Forks.

loudsilverado
09-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Danny Kristo is the poster child for UND Hockey.

bri-dog
09-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Danny Kristo is the poster child for UND Hockey.

A "wanted" poster?

b15on
09-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Miller: UND brass likely learned from NDSU

...So when it comes to the public relations battle between these two universities, UND won this round – or maybe more accurately lost less.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/374791/

NDSUstudent
09-19-2012, 04:28 AM
Miller: UND brass likely learned from NDSU

...So when it comes to the public relations battle between these two universities, UND won this round – or maybe more accurately lost less.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/374791/

Classic Heraldo article, deflect what happened at UND and spin it to make things look better. Gotta love the campus rag up there.

344Johnson
09-19-2012, 04:39 AM
Classic Heraldo article, deflect what happened at UND and spin it to make things look better. Gotta love the campus rag up there.

UND is used to reacting to NDSU by now. In this case, I won't give them too much crap other than saying they saved themselves a lot of trouble.

stevdock
09-19-2012, 12:06 PM

Like it or not though, HE IS RIGHT. Who looks much better by handling it the way they did?? In my opinion, it is not even close. I'm not completely sold that NDSU has done the right thing, but as I've said before I'll give them the benefit of the doubt right now. Especially since I think the voter fraud kids will probably have it pled down to probation or community service if they help go after the company that hired them.

Bison Dan
09-19-2012, 12:37 PM
For Faison to react the way he did about a "party" something happened at the "party". No minors? - no contributing? I mentioned the reason on a earlier post (mod's didn't like it) and that was brought out in Schlossman article as to the reason. If it's just a party they might as well cancel the season as they'll party every weekend. Can anyone say that the gf police doesn't treat und differently.

NorthernBison
09-19-2012, 12:46 PM
For Faison to react the way he did about a "party" something happened at the "party". No minors? - no contributing? I mentioned the reason on a earlier post (mod's didn't like it) and that was brought out in Schlossman article as to the reason. If it's just a party they might as well cancel the season as they'll party every weekend. Can anyone say that the gf police doesn't treat und differently.

The article I read indicated it was at Walsh Hall. The Police were called and arrived to find numerous highly intoxicated individuals. It only stands to reason that many were Minors. It also indicated that charges have not been announced. Your "speculation" occurs, in part, because UND is so far out in FRONT of this that the suspensions were announced within 48 hours of an incident that happened on a weekend.

How about we take our own advice and let the process play out.

coldspot
09-19-2012, 12:54 PM
The article I read indicated it was at Walsh Hall. The Police were called and arrived to find numerous highly intoxicated individuals. It only stands to reason that many were Minors. It also indicated that charges have not been announced. Your "speculation" occurs, in part, because UND is so far out in FRONT of this that the suspensions were announced within 48 hours of an incident that happened on a weekend.

How about we take our own advice and let the process play out.

they don't want the process to play out. if this turns out to be a serious hazing case, they'll get the book thrown at them.

NorthernBison
09-19-2012, 01:03 PM
they don't want the process to play out. if this turns out to be a serious hazing case, they'll get the book thrown at them.

The article in the Forum said hazing is being investigated. UND Police reports were turned in late Monday according to the article. I think they should have issued citations at the scene. There better be some issued once the paperwork is reviewed.

Sounds like Faison has been reading my playbook. Determine if somebody did something wrong, act quickly and decisively, NO COMMENT after that until something new comes up.

tony
09-19-2012, 01:29 PM
The article in the Forum said hazing is being investigated. UND Police reports were turned in late Monday according to the article. I think they should have issued citations at the scene. There better be some issued once the paperwork is reviewed.

Wow. Maybe UND is operating differently, but so are the police. If this had happened at NDSU, wouldn't people have been hauled to jail and forced to make bail? If this is SOP in GF, a lot of stuff could be getting swept under the rug.

Da Bison
09-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Lets see:

Alcohol On campus: Check
Minor consumption: Check
Providing alcohol to minors: Check

If this was indeed hazing, they should have the book thrown at them with immediate expulsion from school. I thought the NDUS had a zero tolerance policy where hazing was concerned.:ranting:

NorthernBison
09-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Wow. Maybe UND is operating differently, but so are the police. If this had happened at NDSU, wouldn't people have been hauled to jail and forced to make bail? If this is SOP in GF, a lot of stuff could be getting swept under the rug.

I read it as Campus Police.

All the signs point toward some sort of Freshman initiation (hazing?) going on. The fact that Captains were singled out. Lots of confirmation on ss.com and via NHL message boards, twitter accounts.

The real question is how much more disciplinary action will be taken? There might not be a lot that we see. Is that enough? And, who are we to decide?

roadwarrior
09-19-2012, 01:46 PM
If this happened at NDSU, the NDSU campus police would definitely issue citations on the spot.

NorthernBison
09-19-2012, 01:49 PM
If this happened at NDSU, the NDSU campus police would definitely issue citations on the spot.

I thought they did that at UND too.

Tatanka
09-19-2012, 01:54 PM
If this happened at NDSU, the NDSU campus police would definitely issue citations on the spot.Confirmed. No question. Seen it happen.

tony
09-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I read it as Campus Police.

So campus police don't arrest people for the same crimes that normal police do? <= that's not sarcasm, that's a real question. I had buddies go from campus to jail for drunken hijinks much like Beck's.

Disclaimer: I look upon the GF police with a jaundiced eye. IMO, they couldn't solve a Daily Jumble on their own. Couple an incompetent police department with a media that acts more like the local college's public relations department than actual news sources and you get Grand Forks.

NorthernBison
09-19-2012, 02:10 PM
So campus police don't arrest people for the same crimes that normal police do? <= that's not sarcasm, that's a real question. I had buddies go from campus to jail for drunken hijinks much like Beck's.

Disclaimer: I look upon the GF police with a jaundiced eye. IMO, they couldn't solve a Daily Jumble on their own.

Actually, I thought Campus Police at UND did exactly that. It is surprising that they issued no citations on the spot.

I should add that I included the word "hazing" with a question mark in a previous post. That was ill-advised. A team party that involves drinking is not necessarily hazing. Jumpiing to conclusions is a bad idea.

Bison Dan
09-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Actually, I thought Campus Police at UND did exactly that. It is surprising that they issued no citations on the spot.

I should add that I included the word "hazing" with a question mark in a previous post. That was ill-advised. A team party that involves drinking is not necessarily hazing. Jumpiing to conclusions is a bad idea.Over on ss they posted a tweet from one of the captains that it was hazing. Why do you think Faison got involved? Lots more to come.

CAS4127
09-19-2012, 02:31 PM

I should add that I included the word "hazing" with a question mark in a previous post. That was ill-advised. A team party that involves drinking is not necessarily hazing. Jumpiing to conclusions is a bad idea.

Strikes me that there is a lot of that going on here. From what I read, police were called to Walsh Hall because there were several drunk minors there, some throwing up, some passed out, etc. I see no mention that the actual consumption and providing of alcohol occurred there. I doubt Kristo and his other captains live in Walsh Hall or on campus, and I doubt the party occurred there. As for the drunk minors, sure citations could have been written there, but why arrest a bunch of drunk kids who really just need go to bed provided they are not at risk of suffering medical problems from over consumption. The police must have found out where the party was and who provided the alcohol, and then wrote up there report and sent it to the State's Attorney-->happens all the time this way. They can't arrest on misdemeanors that did not happen in their presence. Also, if you want to jump to the conclusion that Kristo and his buddies admitted to the party and providing of alcohol and should have been arrested after having done so, then our petition fraud players should have been arrested when they admitted to investigators what they had done (which many say happened). As a private attorney who also acts as a part time State's Attorney for Steele County, ND, I see nothing wrong whatsoever with how UND campus or Grand Spoons police handled this.

Man you guys make a lot of assumptions from very little and somewhat vague information. Maybe I have missed something but, even if I have (other than Kristo and his buddies being at Walsh Hall with alcohol and caught giving it to the minors) I don't believe arrests were warranted.

Bison Dan
09-19-2012, 02:44 PM
So what your really saying is their rookies are pussies and can't hold their liquor?

CAS4127
09-19-2012, 02:53 PM
So what your really saying is their rookies are pussies and can't hold their liquor?

I can tell you from personal experience that something very similar to what is being described here happened numerous times at NDSU with the football program at the close of spring ball. I spose you could have called it hazing, but that really wasn't a buzz (no pun intended) word back then.

Flanders
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Over on ss they posted a tweet from one of the captains that it was hazing. Why do you think Faison got involved? Lots more to come.

I can't find the post you referenced anywhere on SS. Please provide the link. Thank you.

Bison Dan
09-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I can't find the post you referenced anywhere on SS. Please provide the link. Thank you.Don't have the actual tweet but this is what was said on ss.com

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/17334-captains-suspended/page__st__20

"Hazing incident was confirmed by Kristo. It was reported by one of the Montreal Canadiens' media people on Twitter. "

bisonmike2
09-19-2012, 03:22 PM
So what? They're hazing rookie hockey players? Big deal. Aren't their rookies usually 25 year old Canadians anyway?

Bison Dan
09-19-2012, 03:27 PM
So what? They're hazing rookie hockey players? Big deal. Aren't their rookies usually 25 year old Canadians anyway?I could care less too but I'm pretty sure that all the universities have a big bad policy on hazing. Wonder where this will go?

bisonmike2
09-19-2012, 03:30 PM
I could care less too but I'm pretty sure that all the universities have a big bad policy on hazing. Wonder where this will go?

They will do nothing and then point to NDSU as to why they didn't do anything.

Bison Dan
09-19-2012, 03:34 PM
They will do nothing and then point to NDSU as to why they didn't do anything.I'd bet money on it.

BadlandsBison
09-19-2012, 03:40 PM
I'd bet money on it.

Will Joel still be outraged?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

tony
09-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Please, I know the word "hazing" has been tossed out there on some sites, but how about just letting it play out?

Kermit
09-19-2012, 04:05 PM
In the words of the departed Sicatoka, schadenfreude?

bisonmike2
09-19-2012, 07:46 PM
What I would like to know is where are the breaking alerts from the forum? Why haven't they plastered the pictures of these guys all over their website and print? They sure like to cover UND sports, except in these sort of situations.

imabison
09-19-2012, 08:57 PM
What I would like to know is where are the breaking alerts from the forum? Why haven't they plastered the pictures of these guys all over their website and print? They sure like to cover UND sports, except in these sort of situations.

The breaking news and pictures were there on the inforum this morning so its just been replaced by newer breaking news.
Sorry once in awhile the inforum is correct :)

Vitojr130
09-19-2012, 11:00 PM

I agree. When NDSU athletes get in trouble for a misdemeanor, their faces are slammed on the front page of the website every day for a week with constant "investigation" by "journalists". When UND athletes get in trouble for a misdemeanor (all based on assumptions of course as there has been hardly any coverage to know the details...), the Inforum and Herald shows the story for a day with little to no good information in the 1 article written about it.

1 word:

Pathetic.

NDSUstudent
09-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Like it or not though, HE IS RIGHT. Who looks much better by handling it the way they did?? In my opinion, it is not even close. I'm not completely sold that NDSU has done the right thing, but as I've said before I'll give them the benefit of the doubt right now. Especially since I think the voter fraud kids will probably have it pled down to probation or community service if they help go after the company that hired them.

I never said he was wrong but it is just a classic Herald article. Something bad happens at UND and they use NDSU to deflect and spin to make UND look better. The Herald could have used that space to address a number of issues going on up UND, especially a trend of alcohol related incidents regarding the hockey program. But that would go against the Herald's mission of being UND's media relations department.

80ALUM
09-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Given that UND ranked 23 out of 25 "Most Crime Riddled Campuses" last year & as 18th in top party schools in 09, the article could have addressed these two issues but instead chose to link it to the latest incident at NDSU.

Tatanka
09-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Given that UND ranked 23 out of 25 "Most Crime Riddled Campuses" last year & as 18th in top party schools in 09, the article could have addressed these two issues but instead chose to link it to the latest incident at NDSU.this is somehow a surprise?

Bisonguy
09-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Was Kristo suspended previously for his minor or frostbitegate?

NDSUstudent
09-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Was Kristo suspended previously for his minor or frostbitegate?

He was suspended for a preseason game.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=84621

NDSUstudent
09-20-2012, 01:29 AM
Saw this on a Denver Pioneer Blog....

North Dakota Hockey Player Rap Sheet
August, 2005 - UND Captain Matt Greene arrested for DUI
July, 2006 - Robbie Bina Arrested For DUI
September, 2006 - Joe Finley arrested for "Loud Party"
November, 2006 - Jonathan Toews charged with "minor in consumption and noisy party gathering"
February, 2007 - Toews, T.J. Oshie & Bina arrested at Judy's Tavern
February, 2007- Grand Forks Police Chief Packett addresses team
April, 2007 - Toews & Oshie plead guilty
May, 2007 - Finley ordered to pay fine & perform community service
December, 2007 - Oshie arrested again, this time for disorderly conduct allegedly after peeing in an elevator
July, 2009 - Finley & Matt Frattin arrested for disorderly conduct, fleeing from police and giving false information
August, 2009 - Frattin arrested again. This time its DUI
September, 2010 - Danny Kristo cited by police for underage drinking
January, 2011 - Danny Kristo suffers frostbite in "Snowbank Incident"
April 2012 - Michael Parks cited for underage drinking
August 2012 - Dan Senkbeil cited for underage drinking & running from cops
August 2012 - Michael Parks cited for underage drinking for 2nd time
September 2012- Captains Andrew MacWilliam, Corban Knight, Danny Kristo & Carter Rowney suspended one game after "unacceptable behavior at team party"

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2012/09/hakstol-fed-up-with-unds-bad-boyz-antics.html

I'm fully aware we have our own issues, the Fargo media makes sure we are aware about them constantly(Which isn't a terrible thing because it is to an extent their job).

Herald Sioux hockey fan boys errrr I mean journalists, I just did some work for you. Maybe you should stop worrying about how Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl handle things and start looking into this trend involving alcohol and UND hockey. There might be a reason why Faison acted swiftly here and the answer looks like it has little to do with NDSU.

MNLonghorn10
09-20-2012, 01:47 AM
tj oshie's interview is classic. i wont be high and mighty because i like to drink and have a good time too....but im not representing und's hockey program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNgMgMZJss

BadlandsBison
09-20-2012, 01:52 AM

November, 2006 - Jonathan Toews charged with "minor in consumption and noisy party gathering"
December, 2007 - Oshie arrested again, this time for disorderly conduct allegedly after peeing in an elevator
July, 2009 - Finley & Matt Frattin arrested for disorderly conduct, fleeing from police and giving false information
September 2012- Captains Andrew MacWilliam, Corban Knight, Danny Kristo & Carter Rowney suspended one game after "unacceptable behavior at team party"

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2012/09/hakstol-fed-up-with-unds-bad-boyz-antics.html

I'm fully aware we have our own issues, the Fargo media makes sure we are aware about them constantly(Which isn't a terrible thing because it is to an extent their job).

Herald Sioux hockey fan boys errrr I mean journalists, I just did some work for you. Maybe you should stop worrying about how Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl handle things and start looking into this trend involving alcohol and UND hockey. There might be a reason why Faison acted swiftly here and the answer looks like it has little to do with NDSU.

Holy quack! Ben Blood almost looks like a choir boy. And props on the Oshie interview lulz

Tatanka
09-20-2012, 02:27 AM
tj oshie's interview is classic. i wont be high and mighty because i like to drink and have a good time too....but im not representing und's hockey program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNgMgMZJssthat's certainly a mistake on oshies part but who are the idiots that let him on camera and chose to continue to air the interview? Embarrassing.

Tatanka
09-20-2012, 02:29 AM

Herald Sioux hockey fan boys errrr I mean journalists, I just did some work for you. Maybe you should stop worrying about how Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl handle things and start looking into this trend involving alcohol and UND hockey. There might be a reason why Faison acted swiftly here and the answer looks like it has little to do with NDSU.don't forget though... Hakstol has standards and NDSU has none.:rolleyes:

Tatanka
09-20-2012, 03:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNgMgMZJssI'd say mckayla is not impressed but I think this worqks better for some reason.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0WiCunZJzLg/UFK-_FTukhI/AAAAAAAB_6I/YcJY7XViPjY/s650/115365-650-366.jpeg

Yep, Sidney Crosby is not impressed.

BadlandsBison
09-20-2012, 03:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNgMgMZJss

This never gets old. Whoever the guy on the left doing the interview is gets shiny with sweat by the middle of the interview. Why won't anyone think of the children?

MNLonghorn10
09-20-2012, 03:59 AM
fabes...fins... did he call sweeney sweens?

Tatanka
09-20-2012, 04:06 AM
I think SlickVic has that same v-neck T-shirt.

BisonNation11
09-20-2012, 04:09 AM
I think SlickVic has that same v-neck T-shirt.

Slick is European???

b15on
09-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Dom Izzo
"#UND has now added suspensions to 3 more hockey players, Connor Gaarder, Andrew Panzarella, Steph Pattyn; out for Fairbanks game"

https://twitter.com/domizzowday/status/249317216611348480

Looks like walkon players will be all over the opener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
09-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Dom Izzo
"#UND has now added suspensions to 3 more hockey players, Connor Gaarder, Andrew Panzarella, Steph Pattyn; out for Fairbanks game"

Kristo also received an additional suspension for something unrelated to the party.

NDSU1980
09-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Kristo also received an additional suspension for something unrelated to the party.Barefoot and pregnant again? :)

NDSUstudent
09-25-2012, 11:31 PM
The rap sheet grows...

September 2012- Jordan Schmaltz, 18; Bryn Chyzyk, 19; Zane Gothberg, 20 and Drake Caggiula, 18 all cited for underage drinking after being found passed out in their dorm rooms.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/245728/group/homepage/

EndZoneQB
09-26-2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/375458/

Sounds pretty bad. Telling the RA to mind his own business and questioning why they had to call Faison.

MNLonghorn10
09-26-2012, 12:23 AM
thought they knew how to drink up there?

tony
09-26-2012, 12:30 AM
thought they knew how to drink up there?

They should because Drinking 101, Drunken 201, Drinkin' 341s, and What Are You Looking At Me Like That 401 are all 4-credit courses.

Or are those on-line only? I'm pretty sure I took some of those even though they don't show up on my transcript and I know I never went up to Grand Forks while I was in school.

ndsubison1
09-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Dom Izzo

now thats a program with integrity. well done. too bad the bison dont have any and only want to win games

ndsubison1
09-26-2012, 12:36 AM
theyre suspending players with a class b misdemeanor. yet ndsu players with class a misdemeanors are still playing! fire craig bohl

EricB
09-26-2012, 12:58 AM
The rap sheet grows...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/245728/group/homepage/
Just for the record Kristo's snowbank incident was not a crime... Also, Frattin's DUI was later dropped.

IzzyFlexion
09-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Just for the record Kristo's snowbank incident was not a crime... Also, Frattin's DUI was later dropped.

The legislative council on World Common Sense would like to speak with you on line 2.

NDSU1980
09-26-2012, 01:40 AM
Just for the record Kristo's snowbank incident was not a crime... Also, Frattin's DUI was later dropped.We all know that stupidity is not a crime, but in Kristo's case, it should at least be an infraction.

GRAFTONBISON
09-26-2012, 01:54 AM

In my opinion, and many others, due to either the culture in GF or the ineptitude of the police department. See a certain steroid bust as an example.

Pick your poison.

CAS4127
09-26-2012, 02:21 AM
The legislative council on World Common Sense would like to speak with you on line 2.

Now that is effing funny--I will rep you tomorrow!

I needed a laugh tonight Izzy-->thanks bro!! LMAO!!

CAS4127
09-26-2012, 02:23 AM
We all know that stupidity is not a crime, but in Kristo's case, it should at least be an infraction.

LMAO even more now!! Effing hilarious--no place for the meek on BV!!

westnodak93bison
09-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Sounds like they are light weights and cant handle their liquor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MNLonghorn10
09-26-2012, 02:54 AM
seriously...can danny kristo just stay at und? he's a good hockey player..but he's more entertaining off the ice. i hope he just stays and becomes some super senior.

NDSUstudent
09-26-2012, 03:20 AM

Well there are other players who are on the list who didn't commit crimes either but alcohol was involved.

bisonboone11
09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
theyre suspending players with a class b misdemeanor. yet ndsu players with class a misdemeanors are still playing! fire craig bohlI'm surprised that attempting to assault a police officer is only a Class B misdemeanor... "...Chyzyk then mumbled he’s sleeping and swung his arm at me."

missingnumber7
09-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Sure sounds like hazing to me...I'm sure the NCAA is gonna like dealing with this one.

KilldeerBison
09-26-2012, 11:57 PM
What goes around .... the el'forko winged monkey chatter has grown considerably quieter.

coldspot
09-27-2012, 12:15 AM
where's the public outrage over this? where are the letters to the foolum condemning the UND hockey program?

here's to hoping the NCAA throws the book at them for hazing.

imabison
09-27-2012, 12:58 AM
where's the public outrage over this? where are the letters to the foolum condemning the UND hockey program?

here's to hoping the NCAA throws the book at them for hazing.

The problem will obviously proving it was hazing.

coldspot
09-27-2012, 01:12 AM

so that "alcohol education" course they all have to attend is a really a "don't say anything that sounds even remotely like it's hazing"

onbison09
09-27-2012, 01:31 AM
Anyone who is surprised by this hasn't been around hockey players. UND players are no different

NDSU1980
09-27-2012, 03:22 AM
OK, first off, I'm going to say I don't know if this is true, or even possible,

<edited>

Like I said, can't prove there is anything to this, so don't flame if I'm full of it.

Admin: yeah, let's leave the gossip off the site. Pretty sure that you misread something over on ss.com.

tony
09-27-2012, 03:33 AM

Yeah, because letter writers to the Forum are extremely scrupulous about weighing the evidence and keeping an open mind.

You are right, of course, hazing is hard to prove unless somebody involved 'fesses up.

KC Bison
09-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Will Miller be running a retraction to his column. It's now quite clear that the who admin was not transparent in this situation. People in the hospital, multiple arrests for a number of things, but there was no reporting of any of this when the four captains got their wrists slapped with a one game suspension during the pre-season.

perthbison
09-30-2012, 04:10 AM
We all know that stupidity is not a crime, but in Kristo's case, it should at least be an infraction.But if stupidity were a crime, Kristo would be in the state pen for a long time.:biggrin:

Hansel
01-27-2013, 10:32 PM
According to ss.com, Kristo, MacWilliam, Rowney, Knight, and Gleason have all been charged with "unlawful delivery to certain persons"... a Class A Misdemeanor. A Pre-trial hearing is set for March 7th.

aces1180
01-27-2013, 10:37 PM
According to ss.com, Kristo, MacWilliam, Rowney, Knight, and Gleason have all been charged with "unlawful delivery to certain persons"... a Class A Misdemeanor. A Pre-trial hearing is set for March 7th.

Where is the media to report on this?

NDSUstudent
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM

That would require Schlossman to be an actual journalist and not a UND hockey fanboy. Seriously it looks like charges were filed in early December, when our players faced a Class A Misdemeanor the world was ending and when it happens at UND nothing is even said for months.

Bisonguy
01-27-2013, 11:07 PM

I fully expect Jay Thomas and his crony Rob Port to be all over this.

ndsubison1
01-28-2013, 12:16 AM

nothing about it in the forum

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 12:55 AM
nothing about it in the forum

They must have wiped the board at ss.com. Couldn't find anything. If true, any moral "high ground" just sank.

aces1180
01-28-2013, 12:59 AM
They must have wiped the board at ss.com. Couldn't find anything. If true, any moral "high ground" just sank.

You can look up the names listed above at the following link:

http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/default.aspx

Hansel
01-28-2013, 01:06 AM

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/17949-coaching-change/page__st__100#entry603578

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 01:09 AM
http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/17949-coaching-change/page__st__100#entry603578

Thanks. I only went back to the page before that. What a dummy.

Tatanka
01-28-2013, 01:14 AM
I'll be waiting patiently for the front page, above the fold, line-up style headline in teh Forum*

*-because we all know damn well it ain't happening in the Herald. Unless there's another Hitler video or an NDSU player gets in trouble.

HerdBot
01-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Someone should alert Jeff Fox of Minot the state Senator charged with misdemeanor driving without insurance. I am sure he could write an opinion column to the Forum

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 01:26 AM
The media silence on this is incredible. That cretin Virg Foss even took several shots at NDSU since the unreported charges. Wtf?

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 01:27 AM
The media silence on this is incredible. That cretin Virg Foss even took several shots at NDSU since the unreported charges. Wtf?

It really is unbelievable that nobody followed up on this. I know this is the Herald we are talking about but like I said before charges were filed in early December.

Bisonguy
01-28-2013, 01:31 AM
It really is unbelievable that nobody followed up on this.

Not really. The GF media credentials have been threatened before, therefore they operate basically as a UND press release outlet.

tony
01-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Somebody alert Rob Port and Jeff Fox so they can get a response put together.

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 01:48 AM
Was Gleason even suspended?

heckler
01-28-2013, 01:49 AM
The case numbers:

18-2012-CR-03075
18-2012-CR-03084
18-2012-CR-03085
18-2012-CR-03086
18-2012-CR-03087

Can look them up here: http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/default.aspx

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 02:26 AM
So those players weren't suspended because of what happened NDSU...I remember that was the Herald's original talking point.

aces1180
01-28-2013, 02:27 AM
So those players weren't suspended because of what happened NDSU...I remember that was the Herald's original talking point.

I think they sat in a "preseason game" against Alaska-Anchorage.

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 02:29 AM
In an odd way I'm impressed by the power of UND hockey. They obviously are ruthless and scare the crap out of the media.

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 02:32 AM
So when it comes to the public relations battle between these two universities, UND won this round – or maybe more accurately lost less.

It must be easy to win the public relations battle when the media is your lapdog....

http://www.sportscrossfire.com/archives/miller-und-brass-likely-learned-from-ndsu-9662

Tatanka
01-28-2013, 02:54 AM
I can only draw the conclusion that four on-ice upperclassmen leaders of teh UND hockies getting charged with Class A Misdemeanors for helping to put freshmen teammates in a very serious situation is not really news. Maybe it happens more often than we know about.

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 03:28 AM
This story stopped being about UND and now is about the media. There's no question they hound NDSU hard. The silence on this is deafening.

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 04:17 AM
I can only draw the conclusion that four on-ice upperclassmen leaders of teh UND hockies getting charged with Class A Misdemeanors for helping to put freshmen teammates in a very serious situation is not really news. Maybe it happens more often than we know about.

Five upperclassmen where charged, one of which I'm not even sure if he has been punished or even will be punished in anyway. I wonder if the Herald will fill me in, somehow I doubt it. Can't afford to lose a key senior contributor in the stretch run of the season.

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2013, 04:27 AM
i dont care if theyre suspended. Its a class A misdemeanor. I can get one without buckling my seatbelt

BisonNation11
01-28-2013, 04:30 AM
Five upperclassmen where charged, one of which I'm not even sure if he has been punished or even will be punished in anyway. I wonder if the Herald will fill me in, somehow I doubt it. Can't afford to lose a key senior contributor in the stretch run of the season.

Key senior contributor... That's funny considering how they played against UM and this weekends awesome offensive output against St. Cloud State. They should let the women's team play for them. I bet they'd at least get a shot on goal.

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 11:55 AM
I think they sat in a "preseason game" against Alaska-Anchorage.

Correct. They weren't suspended for the first two "Exhibition" games to start the season. The season really began with a Tournament in Alaska (Alaska Goal Rush). The suspensions were for the first game against AK-Anchorage. The players did make the trip and played in the second game. Token punishment similar to sitting football payers for a cupcake game. A strong argument could be made that football suspensions are always a bigger deal because of the shortness of the season.

Tatanka
01-28-2013, 12:31 PM
i dont care if theyre suspended. Its a class A misdemeanor. I can get one without buckling my seatbeltNot the point.
This story stopped being about UND and now is about the media. There's no question they hound NDSU hard. The silence on this is deafening.This is the point.

Honeybooboo
01-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Call in to Heitkamp at 9am and inform them

HerdBot
01-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Call in to Heitkamp at 9am and inform them

Actually McFeeley would be good too. He's not a lapdog

HerdBot
01-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Und strategy for discipline. Talk about it before hand and downplay the severity (and suspend players against bottom feeder opponent) while spinning it in a way that makes it look like they are better than NDSU but dont discuss when they are charged with class a misdemeanors.
Wow :facepalm:

Tatanka
01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Not sure that's entirely accurate Gabe. We don't know if they won't discuss it as it's pretty likely they haven't been asked to discuss it by the media. They're sure as hell not going to go out there and volunteer the information to the paper.

HerdBot
01-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Not sure that's entirely accurate Gabe. We don't know if they won't discuss it as it's pretty likely they haven't been asked to discuss it by the media. They're sure as hell not going to go out there and volunteer the information to the paper.

Well see.. today is Monday January 28th and the information is out there. I've even emailed the media. When will we see the headline with pictures of the 5 players? We won't. It's called "the good old boys network."

IzzyFlexion
01-28-2013, 02:37 PM

This really is the hilarious component.
It's incredible that the media is so afraid of reporting anything negative against the frozen canadians that they even supress the little stuff.

HerdBot
01-28-2013, 02:43 PM
If you want to contact the Grand Forks Herald and Forum to "alert them" ...

Grand Forks Herald - http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/contact
The Forum - http://www.inforum.com/event/contact/
KFGO - 701-237-5948 or email studio@kfgo.com or fill out a webform http://kfgo.com/contact-us.php

The case numbers:

18-2012-CR-03075
18-2012-CR-03084
18-2012-CR-03085
18-2012-CR-03086
18-2012-CR-03087

Can look them up here: http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/default.aspx

bisonaudit
01-28-2013, 03:29 PM
It be great if someone would start a blog. They could call it Sayeverythingblog.com and post all kinds of nasty anti-UND spin, buddy up to a radio host or two and get quoted in the highest circulation paper in the state every now and then. Apparently, if you know the right people and you're willing to say crazy enough stuff, it's pretty easy.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Sent this to every radio host in Fargo-Moorhead. I'm sure it won't do any good but at least they should be aware that some of us feel a little uneasy about their ability to blow some stories out of proportion and sweep others under the rug.

I'm curious why we haven't heard anything about the 4 UND hockey players that have been charged with Class A misdemeanors for unlawful delivery to certain persons? I would expect this to be top news for at least a week or two since that is the MO of your radio station, dragging college kids through the mud over and over on air. Is it because no one cares about UND hockey? Or is it that the right people care too much about UND hockey?

Best,
Mike

MN_BISON
01-28-2013, 04:20 PM
McFeely tweet today:

Mike McFeely‏@MikeMcFeelyKFGOThis been reported? 5 UND hockey players involved w/ team party in Sept were officially charged w/ "delivery to certain persons unlawful."

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
So let me get this straight...people on here want this issue to be addressed when these players have already been suspended for a cupcake conference game?

I'm pretty sure the only reason why ndsus situation got far more pub is because gt opened his mouth at csu and also because ndsu didnt "do the right thing in suspend them"...even tho ppl who say that claim.have really no idea what the right penalty should be other than suspension..especially when its harder because ndsu only plays 11 meaningful games while und hockey plays 30+

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

tony
01-28-2013, 04:28 PM
So let me get this straight...people on here want this issue to be addressed when these players have already been suspended for a cupcake conference game?

Naw, I'm pretty sure that people are irate at the double standard by the media.

BisonNation11
01-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Naw, I'm pretty sure that people are irate at the double standard by the media.

Yep. I could care less if they get convicted. Where's the media sh*t storm?

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Yep. I could care less if they get convicted. Where's the media sh*t storm?

I'd even settle for reporting the charges when they happened back in December.

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
you guys...the shit storm was because NDSU didn't suspend them. UND did. theres nothing to report here. ALL the media crazy types want is some new drama...everybody already knows about this small incident.

HerdBot
01-28-2013, 05:26 PM
you guys...the shit storm was because NDSU didn't suspend them. UND did. theres nothing to report here. ALL the media crazy types want is some new drama...everybody already knows about this small incident.

I agree but that's not an excuse to NOT report the charges

McFeeley is talking about it

Mike McFeely @MikeMcFeelyKFGO 1h This been reported? 5 UND hockey players involved w/ team party in Sept were officially charged w/ "delivery to certain persons unlawful."

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2013, 05:29 PM
well whatever helps you sleep.

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 05:29 PM

You're making a valid point about how the difference in the way the schools handled the situations influenced the media circus. What you are ignoring is the failure of the media (particularly in Grand Forks) in following the story and reporting the charges that were eventually filed.

Even UND fans on their board were surprised at that. Actually, their comments are what brought this out in the open.

HerdBot
01-28-2013, 05:32 PM
You're making a valid point about how the difference in the way the schools handled the situations influenced the media circus. What you are ignoring is the failure of the media (particularly in Grand Forks) in following the story and reporting the charges that were eventually filed.

Even UND fans on their board were surprised at that. Actually, their comments are what brought this out in the open.

Yep. It doesn't need to be a shit storm. Just fair and reasonable media coverage. Like a little blip.

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2013, 05:40 PM
i try to avoid anything that has to do with Grand Forks. So if they lead off tonights news cast on WDAZ with an announcement of the trial(which conveniently comes at the time of the WCHA playoffs and hopefully UND has a road game that weekend) or just ignore it...it wont make a shit to me.

Bison Dan
01-28-2013, 05:42 PM

Even UND fans on their board were surprised at that. Actually, their comments are what brought this out in the open.You're right on. NDSU was out in front on Jamison and actually kick him off the team and he had a picture on the front page everytime the paper mentioned him as he went through the legal process.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
You're right on. NDSU was out in front on Jamison and actually kick him off the team and he had a picture on the front page everytime the paper mentioned him as he went through the legal process.

This I guess is what bothers me. The UND players are still going through the legal process yet we don't get a play by play of every time they have a court hearing or radio hosts waiting with baited breath for the sentencing handed down.

imabison
01-28-2013, 06:16 PM
This I guess is what bothers me. The UND players are still going through the legal process yet we don't get a play by play of every time they have a court hearing or radio hosts waiting with baited breath for the sentencing handed down.

With out knowledge of what is going on it could be delayed, the attourneys on this bbs might confirm that as pretty common....still no announcement of the delay....typical.

aces1180
01-28-2013, 06:16 PM

I fully expect a perp walk photo for the UND five like they had in the Forum with the 8 NDSU players...

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
I find it funny that some UND fans are saying nothing is being said because they were suspended for getting Misdemeanors which is in no way the case because one player charged with the same crime as the four captains was never suspended(I don't even know if he was punished or will be punished because there has been no coverage), nobody even knew if anyone was even going to be charged and they weren't charged until months later.

GT could have sat our players against RMU and there still would have been a media circus and coverage of the legal process.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
I would think in a state where underage drinking and binge drinking have been major problems for years there would be a little more attention paid to student athletes from the second most popular university in the state providing minors with alcohol at a house party.

bisonaudit
01-28-2013, 06:40 PM
I would think in a state where underage drinking and binge drinking have been major problems for years there would be a little more attention paid to student athletes from the second most popular university in the state providing minors with alcohol at a house party.

I think that if this had happened at NDSU and the media had covered it as you suggest there'd be a bunch or ranting on here about the state being over populated with puritanical pricks.

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 06:47 PM
I think that if this had happened at NDSU and the media had covered it as you suggest there'd be a bunch or ranting on here about the state being over populated with puritanical pricks.

True.

I consider it a badge of honor that what happens at NDSU is news. Even the negative. What happens at GFCCC is not nearly as relevant.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Anyone who is interested McFeely says he will bring this issue up today on his show. I have been emailing him back and forth and he said I brought up some valid points about the medias role in reporting and commenting on such things. His show starts at 2:00 - KFGO 790 AM if you can bring yourself to listen.

Listen online here (http://kfgo.com/listen-live.php)

Grizzled
01-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Anyone who is interested McFeely says he will bring this issue up today on his show. I have been emailing him back and forth and he said I brought up some valid points about the medias role in reporting and commenting on such things. His show starts at 2:00 - KFGO 790 AM if you can bring yourself to listen.

Hello open door into the investigation into our softball team. It was for some of the same actions and we haven't heard much about it since December.

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2013, 06:59 PM

Mcfeely just previewed his show. he said und fans booed their team after losing to st cloud st friday

Answer Guy
01-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Und strategy for discipline. Talk about it before hand and downplay the severity (and suspend players against bottom feeder opponent)

I'll bite. You're saying suspending players from the first available game for a Class A misdemeanor isn't severe enough?

aces1180
01-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Hello open door into the investigation into our softball team. It was for some of the same actions and we haven't heard much about it since December.

NDSU was very upfront about this incident, even passing along the information the State's Attorney's office. If anything comes from it, I assure you someone at the Forum will be reporting it.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 07:04 PM

Which I would say is fair game. Can we really ask for equal coverage of the universities but then shy away from the negative news just because it is about NDSU?

Bison bison
01-28-2013, 07:10 PM
NDSU was very upfront about this incident, even passing along the information the State's Attorney's office. If anything comes from it, I assure you someone at the Forum will be reporting it.

Well, I just pissed my pants.

Also, the above is a ridiculous statement.

Grizzled
01-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Which I would say is fair game. Can we really ask for equal coverage of the universities but then shy away from the negative news just because it is about NDSU?

Fair enough. I just think we should be careful what we ask for.

This isn't going to turn into a media thing. Its going to turn into a NDSU vs. UND thing. With the circumstances after the petition thing and the softball thing (which still has a lot of unanswered questions) vs. the hockey thing, the attention may turn the wrong direction.

I've pretty open with how I feel with some of the discipline decisions made by our NDSU coaching staff (some of my good friends), and a lot can be covered by the blanket of handling things internally. People want to see visible response in discipline (players suspended). I just think we are going to end up revisiting this summer during this discussion and taking away the accomplishments of this fall.

aces1180
01-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Well, I just pissed my pants.

Also, the above is a ridiculous statement.

How do you figure? If members of the softball team are charged with a crime, the Forum will cover it.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Fair enough. I just think we should be careful what we ask for.

This isn't going to turn into a media thing. Its going to turn into a NDSU vs. UND thing. With the circumstances after the petition thing and the softball thing (which still has a lot of unanswered questions) vs. the hockey thing, the attention may turn the wrong direction.

I've pretty open with how I feel with some of the discipline decisions made by our NDSU coaching staff (some of my good friends), and a lot can be covered by the blanket of handling things internally. People want to see visible response in discipline (players suspended). I just think we are going to end up revisiting this summer during this discussion and taking away the accomplishments of this fall.

If he ends up bringing it up at all (he said he would) I am expecting it to be about the media's role in covering these things and how far they should go, not a tit for tat on whether they are covering the two schools equally.

Grizzled
01-28-2013, 07:32 PM
If he ends up bringing it up at all (he said he would) I am expecting it to be about the media's role in covering these things and how far they should go, not a tit for tat on whether they are covering the two schools equally.

And than the calls start and that is exactly what McFeely wants. I could be wrong and everything plays out like above but McFeely wants listeners and callers and nothing gets people calling in like a NDSU vs. UND debate.

Tatanka
01-28-2013, 07:43 PM
And than the calls start and that is exactly what McFeely wants. I could be wrong and everything plays out like above but McFeely wants listeners and callers and nothing gets people calling in like a NDSU vs. UND debate.Unfortunately there's some truth here. The problem is McFeely would have to call his own actions (and his station's actions) into question if he's going to have a fair conversation. And somehow I doubt that happens.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Unfortunately there's some truth here. The problem is McFeely would have to call his own actions (and his station's actions) into question if he's going to have a fair conversation. And somehow I doubt that happens.

Maybe I will not like what comes out of my own actions, but I for one would rather engage in conversation with those I have issues with instead of just bad mouthing them online where they have no recourse. Can't wait to see what points of mine he rips to shreds ;)

Tatanka
01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Maybe I will not like what comes out of my own actions, but I for one would rather engage in conversation with those I have issues with instead of just bad mouthing them online where they have no recourse. Can't wait to see what points of mine he rips to shreds ;)Don't be so sure that hasn't happened. ;) Let's just say that history would tend to agree with my assessment.

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 08:15 PM
McFeely pretty much saying the GF media is afraid to call out UND.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
So far McFeely is being pretty harsh on Grand Forks media. Basically calling them cowards for not calling out UND over the years when negative things happen, especially with hockey.

I have to say that it was pretty nice to hear.

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Meh. Media in fargo is harsher and not afraid to take jabs at the hometown college where grand forks media is not big enough to take shots or guess und and pretty much lacks personality

aces1180
01-28-2013, 08:18 PM
I am liking what he is saying right now...

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 08:22 PM
I am liking what he is saying right now...

Thank you ;) - Now he's ripping UND hockey and asking why no one is saying "Hey why are you not winning championships?"

NDSUstudent
McFeely loves to rile up UND hockey fans...this is some great radio right now.

MNLonghorn10
Haha k that was kinda funny.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 08:23 PM
McFeely loves to rile up UND hockey fans...this is some great radio right now.

Similar to how he likes to rile up NDSU football fans? Of course, it sells!

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 09:15 PM
The Herald finally breaks the news months after the fact..

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/255112/group/homepage/

aces1180
01-28-2013, 09:19 PM

Nice....Haha.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 09:24 PM

Apparently they don't like being called out by the Fargo media.

Bison Dan
01-28-2013, 09:51 PM

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/255112/group/homepage/I'll bet that damn near killed them! Only a month late.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Naturally The Forum has picked up the story from the Grand Forks Herald so now it is the top story in the latest section on their site. Fun stuff, I especially like how they went with the mug shot style photos on the Herald site.

aces1180
01-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Naturally The Forum has picked up the story from the Grand Forks Herald so now it is the top story in the latest section on their site. Fun stuff, I especially like how they went with the mug shot style photos on the Herald site.

Good stuff...and of course, darrel1976 is butthurt. That's probably the best part!

HerdBot
01-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Im happy now. I just wanted the news to be reported. Honestly I think UND handled it right. A 1 game suspension in a long season was acceptable. The media, not so much. Wonder if they win a championship if Mr Fox will call them out?

BisonNation11
01-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Im happy now. I just wanted the news to be reported. Honestly I think UND handled it right. A 1 game suspension in a long season was acceptable. The media, not so much. Wonder if they win a championship if Mr Fox will call them out?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

aces1180
01-28-2013, 10:09 PM
It is now in the Forum's latest news feed...Good job!

tony
01-28-2013, 10:19 PM

Handled it right based on what? If the players were involved in a hazing incident, then they got off exceptionally easily, especially considering that they were uncooperative with the police.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/2012/9/25/3409852/details-emerge-in-north-dakota-drinking-scandal

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 10:25 PM
NDSU softball players charged today and that was reported today....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/388031/group/homepage/

Bisonguy
01-28-2013, 10:26 PM

This. Especially in a region where there's been drinking related deaths on the college campuses, and also with the hazing recently that has occurred nationally.

tony
01-28-2013, 10:38 PM

Yeah, when I first heard that story, I immediately feared hazing... that's a big deal. If the media wants to make a comparison to how NDSU handles something and how UND handles something, this would be the type of case to look at.

ndsubison1
01-28-2013, 11:43 PM

there would have been regardless if we suspended them right away or not

aces1180
01-28-2013, 11:48 PM
It just goes to show that the Forum still hates NDSU...The softball team got a banner headline featuring special artwork.

Tatanka
01-28-2013, 11:50 PM
And right away you can see a huge difference in coverage.

Does anyone seriously think that Grand Forks Herald article is written or published if not for the flashlight shown on the journalistic disparity today? 0.0000000% coincidence.

ndsubison1
01-28-2013, 11:50 PM
So far McFeely is being pretty harsh on Grand Forks media. Basically calling them cowards for not calling out UND over the years when negative things happen, especially with hockey.

I have to say that it was pretty nice to hear.

i have more respect for mcfeely after this

Tatanka
01-28-2013, 11:52 PM
i have more respect for mcfeely after thisI acquired some today as well. and not because he trashed GF or UND, but because he stood up and said the right thing even when it was difficult for him to do so.

NDSUstudent
01-28-2013, 11:56 PM
I'm pretty sure most of the Herald Sports Staff are Siouxsports posters. They are doing everything possible to make it look like the Herald did their job over there. One guy even said it wasn't like they committed a major federal offense, this on an 85 page thread all about eight NDSU players who received Class A Misdemeanors.

ndsubison1
01-29-2013, 12:02 AM

since its ndsu softball there wont be much of an uproar. imagine if ndsu football players did what the und players did, there would be non-stop letters about the problems of drinking here and how terrible they are for what they did

SDSUAlum08
01-29-2013, 12:26 AM
since its ndsu softball there wont be much of an uproar. imagine if ndsu football players did what the und players did, there would be non-stop letters about the problems of drinking here and how terrible they are for what they did

I'm sure they do. This stuff happens at all schools and levels. Is it right? Maybe not. Just have to hope kids don't take it too far.

80ALUM
01-29-2013, 12:44 AM
QUOTE=NDSUstudent;711708]I'm pretty sure most of the Herald Sports Staff are Siouxsports posters. They are doing everything possible to make it look like the Herald did their job over there. One guy even said it wasn't like they committed a major federal offense, this on an 85 page thread all about eight NDSU players who received Class A Misdemeanors.[/QUOTE]
Even though both incidents were charged as Class A Misdemeanors the UND case seems much more serious to me in that people's lives were put in danger by the hockey players actions. Had the RA not alerted authorities they could have very well faced more serious charges had one of the minors died of alcohol poisoning.

TAILG8R
01-29-2013, 01:23 AM
It just goes to show that the Forum still hates NDSU...The softball team got a banner headline featuring special artwork.

The UND story had a large graphic and was the first story in the rotation on the home page too. That lasted about 15 min and it was moved down to the regular story feed.

DIBISON
01-29-2013, 02:31 AM

And it was also reported on WDAY TV Sports @ 6 PM tonight.

NDSU1980
01-29-2013, 02:48 AM
The forum has the story on the web too about the hockey players. Everyone click on it so we can move it up as the most read story.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/388024/

imabison
01-29-2013, 02:51 AM

I think that Coach Mueller would tell you it was a big deal. Suspensions 3 to 10 games was it. Not able to participate in team activities until its settle. I would call that a big deal.

westnodak93bison
01-29-2013, 03:12 AM
When you have a successful sports program you will get both good and bad press coverage. Some media will try to bring it down.

When you are in a sport that 90% of the country ignores, are ranked 7 out of 20 teams and behind Quinnipiac(is that a State Prison in NY state or Quebec?) nobody really cares except a bunch of snow machine driving schnapps drinking fanatics from southern Manitoba.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bincitysioux
01-29-2013, 05:14 AM
The forum has the story on the web too about the hockey players. Everyone click on it so we can move it up as the most read story.

Now that right there is funny...................

ndsubison1
01-29-2013, 06:35 AM
I think that Coach Mueller would tell you it was a big deal. Suspensions 3 to 10 games was it. Not able to participate in team activities until its settle. I would call that a big deal.

im talking about media exposure and the publics reaction

tony
01-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Now that right there is funny...................

What's funny is that it is a TV news lead when two NDSU's softball players (possibly former players) get charged with something and it's non-news when five UND hockey players get charged with the same thing. NDSU Softball > UND Hockey.

Tatanka
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
An interesting one-liner added to the Heraldo story, which now bears Schlossman's name instead of "Herald Staff Reports":

Peter Welte, Grand Forks County state’s attorney, said the length of time between the incident and the filing of charges “seems a little bit longer” than usual, but his office was “waiting for the UND Police Department to complete its investigation and forward the appropriate paperwork.”

Published at 3:27PM. I'm sure Schlossman was working on that article for a long time and it's all a big coincidence. So pathetic. Well done, McFeely.

NorthernBison
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
An interesting one-liner added to the Heraldo story, which now bears Schlossman's name instead of "Herald Staff Reports":

Published at 3:27PM. I'm sure Schlossman was working on that article for a long time and it's all a big coincidence. So pathetic. Well done, McFeely.

That might explain the time between the incident and the filing of the charges. What is the explanation for the time between the filing of the charges and the Schlossman Story?

Weren't the charges filed in December? Does Schlossman actually think we are dumb enough to believe it took him almost two months to write the story that magically appeared yesterday?

TAILG8R
01-29-2013, 01:31 PM
That might explain the time between the incident and the filing of the charges. What is the explanation for the time between the filing of the charges and the Schlossman Story?

Weren't the charges filed in December? Does Schlossman actually think we are dumb enough to believe it took him almost two months to write the story that magically appeared yesterday?

Especially one as in depth as that.

Tatanka
01-29-2013, 01:33 PM

Weren't the charges filed in December? Does Schlossman actually think we are dumb enough to believe it took him almost two months to write the story that magically appeared yesterday?Well, I think most of his readers are dumb enough, and won't dig any further to find out the truth. There's nothing in the story about when the charges were actually filed (The Forum articles on NDSU Softball reference a release from yesterday with their information), so basically he's purposefully letting his readership draw the wrong conclusion. Why? Hmmmmm........

Again, absolutely pathetic.

GRAFTONBISON
01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Well, I think most of his readers are dumb enough, and won't dig any further to find out the truth. There's nothing in the story about when the charges were actually filed (The Forum articles on NDSU Softball reference a release from yesterday with their information), so basically he's purposefully letting his readership draw the wrong conclusion. Why? Hmmmmm........

I am shocked by their lack of professionalism!!

abc123
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
When you are in a sport that 90% of the country ignores, are ranked 7 out of 20 teams and behind Quinnipiac(is that a State Prison in NY state or Quebec?) nobody really cares except a bunch of snow machine driving schnapps drinking fanatics from southern Manitoba.

The same Quinnipiac who is currently a member of the NEC conference that NDSU has played a team from each of the last 5 years in football? I guess since they don't have a football team themselves, they are irrelevant.

RedRiver
01-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Tuesday, January 29 print edition of The Forum. NDSU softball players charged is a 1/2 page article with picture on the front page of sports section. UND hockey players charged is a couple of inch column on 5th page of sports section.

GRAFTONBISON
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Tuesday, January 29 print edition of The Forum. NDSU softball players charged is a 1/2 page article with picture on the front page of sports section. UND hockey players charged is a couple of inch column on 5th page of sports section.

That is how it should be. Now, the articles in the GF Fishwrap should be just the opposite. Anybody want to wager on this happening?

tony
01-29-2013, 02:06 PM
The same Quinnipiac who is currently a member of the NEC conference that NDSU has played a team from each of the last 5 years in football? I guess since they don't have a football team themselves, they are irrelevant.

You don't think that it says something about Quinnipiac that they are too small to support a football program? Makes me wonder what percentage of participants in hockey's final four have football (or DI scholarship football.)

Meh, back to the topic at hand. Assuming that it was just coincidence that the Cass County DA's office decided to charge the softball players on the same day that the hockey story came to light, it would have been interesting to see how the media spun that story if we had kept the hockey deal under wraps for a week.

IzzyFlexion
01-29-2013, 02:15 PM
You don't think that it says something about Quinnipiac that they are too small to support a football program? Makes me wonder what percentage of participants in hockey's final four have football (or DI scholarship football.)

Dang, Tony.
I was just getting this teed up........then you go and fix the spelling!:(

Domo Ari"abotu"

http://www.victorstoica.ro/Pictures/DrumPctures/MrRobotoWeb.jpg

Rockbear99
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM

I think to be concidered D1 the school should be D1 in all sports.

BadlandsBison
01-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Well, I think most of his readers are dumb enough, and won't dig any further to find out the truth. There's nothing in the story about when the charges were actually filed (The Forum articles on NDSU Softball reference a release from yesterday with their information), so basically he's purposefully letting his readership draw the wrong conclusion. Why? Hmmmmm........

Its tough getting these guys out of the Bunker, isn't it?

The_Sicatoka
01-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Schlossman is "out of the Bunker". Enjoy.

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10737&start=675#p469781

NorthernBison
01-29-2013, 07:02 PM

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10737&start=675#p469781

That's pretty good. I'm glad our exposure to Gopher fans is limited. They make UND rubes seem almost human by comparison.

The_Sicatoka
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
That's pretty good. I'm glad our exposure to Gopher fans is limited. They make UND rubes seem almost human by comparison.

I'm pretty sure a DNA analysis would show that GopherPuckLive's "Hammy" and the former Bisonville poster "lakesbison" both carry the same advanced-irrational-hatred of UND (AIHUND) gene and are really twins separated at birth.

heckler
01-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Schlossman must be feeling the heat from somewhere because it would be hard to imagen a "media" member posting just because someone on a forum said he is biting the pillow for hakstol.

coldspot
01-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Schlossman must be feeling the heat from somewhere because it would be hard to imagen a "media" member posting just because someone on a forum said he is biting the pillow for hakstol.

He might be a little butt hurt that he's been singled out for his lack of reporting ability. You know you suck at your job when the news you should be breaking is brought forward by an internet poster, almost 2 months after the news should have been broken. I think he knew full well that it happened, but somebody told him "if you write this story, you can kiss any interview or unique content in the future goodbye."

NorthernBison
01-29-2013, 09:02 PM
He might be a little butt hurt that he's been singled out for his lack of reporting ability. You know you suck at your job when the news you should be breaking is brought forward by an internet poster, almost 2 months after the news should have been broken. I think he knew full well that it happened, but somebody told him "if you write this story, you can kiss any interview or unique content in the future goodbye."

The choices aren't good.

We will never know if your scenario is correct. If true, he can't say that or he's history and he has no credibility. The alternative is that he really thought that the Legal stuff was over with the issuance of MIP's and didn't know about the December charges. That would imply that he's not well connected and sloppy at followup.

Kind of like the old joke about the boss at an Ad agency who told his employees that they weren't allowed to drink Vodka at lunch. He said he "would prefer that clients think his employees were drunk rather than stupid".

Trumpster
01-29-2013, 09:05 PM

It's like the traditional media outlets being mad at Deadspin breaking the Manti Te'o story. They weren't mad because they did a piss poor job of reporting, it was because they were scooped by a internet site.

NDSU1980
01-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Now that right there is funny...................Yea, gfu always like to keep it's problems hidden in the closet. Loved the cover up about kristo in the snow bank too. And the drinking in Judy's. And the pissing in the elevator. And the throwing a lawn mower out into a busy street. And that Stroup kid having anger issues. And Josh Murray not even being able to stay grade eligible.................I can probably name 50 more screw ups by your teams that barely saw the light of day.

tony
01-30-2013, 01:26 AM
Yea, gfu always like to keep it's problems hidden in the closet. Loved the cover up about kristo in the snow bank too. And the drinking in Judy's. And the pissing in the elevator. And the throwing a lawn mower out into a busy street. And that Stroup kid having anger issues. And Josh Murray not even being able to stay grade eligible.................I can probably name 50 more screw ups by your teams that barely saw the light of day.

I guess that I'm on the other side of the fence. I think that, at least in the cases you mentioned, that maybe the Herald had a more appropriate level of coverage - what I object to is NDSU athletes recieving different, harsher treatment.

Buthockey
01-30-2013, 02:48 AM

see my sig eh!? Ya hoser.

ndsubison1
01-30-2013, 07:22 AM
What's funny is that it is a TV news lead when two NDSU's softball players (possibly former players) get charged with something and it's non-news when five UND hockey players get charged with the same thing. NDSU Softball > UND Hockey.

i took a sports broadcasting class last year and our professor asked us a question of what we would put for the lead story on sports (for a Fargo station). NDSU-SDSU basketball or UND-Minnesota hockey. I was the only one to say NDSU-SDSU game. It was said that the UND-UM hockey game would take priority because of the attendance figures and popularity of UND hockey in Fargo. The professor told me the director of WDAY at the time (whom he knows) or whomever thought the same thing with putting UND-UM hockey match as the lead. Kinda funny when its bad news the roles reverse...

MNLonghorn10
01-30-2013, 11:52 AM

schlossman going all
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/694462/northdakotabird.gif

on the rube.

I love at the very end you can see a minnesota fan clapping on the left.

Tatanka
01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Yeah, it's probably unfair to single out Schlossman individually... Heck, he's just wearing the company issued un_ kneepads.

It would be interesting to see the Herald treat un_ the way the Forum treats NDSU. It would be more interesting to see the Herald treat un_ the way the Herald treats NDSU. And I'm not just talking sports coverage.

Bison Dan
01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Yeah, it's probably unfair to single out Schlossman individually... Heck, he's just wearing the company issued un_ kneepads.

It would be interesting to see the Herald treat un_ the way the Forum treats NDSU. It would be more interesting to see the Herald treat un_ the way the Herald treats NDSU. And I'm not just talking sports coverage.The gfh will report it once with no follow up. Lets face it they only report bad news about the who if they have to. Then no or little follow up. RT was the best as he actually barred reporters or radio people if he didn't like what was reported. I remember once back in the 90's und was having qb problems and Bruce Tillman (radio guy) on his radio show asked why RT didn't try switching qb's. Barred from practice after that for the year and he was a big who fan. Most reporters know that it's the who's way or the highway (even today).......

NDSU1980
01-30-2013, 11:54 PM

I noticed that the Gestapo boys over at the SS are having a fit because I posted this an encourage people to get it in the most read stories. Apparently they think no one should post links to their indiscretions. More proof that these asshats have no clue. Besides, it's fun pissing off the likes of Darrel, Sic, geaux-sioux and the rest of the Hitler Youth.

td577
01-31-2013, 01:24 AM
The gfh will report it once with no follow up. Lets face it they only report bad news about the who if they have to. Then no or little follow up. RT was the best as he actually barred reporters or radio people if he didn't like what was reported. I remember once back in the 90's und was having qb problems and Bruce Tillman (radio guy) on his radio show asked why RT didn't try switching qb's. Barred from practice after that for the year and he was a big who fan. Most reporters know that it's the who's way or the highway (even today).......

I actually don't have a problem with this attitude by the athletic department as long as it doesn't cost them boosters. Taylor and Bohl have been very generous with the media and not always given the same treatment in return. Either you control the media or the media controls you.

MAKBison
01-31-2013, 06:10 PM
Did anyone watch local fox new last Monday or Tuesday they did a 2 minute overview about the SU SB team and then only mentioned they Whoix Hockey convictions. Once sentence about them having legal troubles of their own and then staright to the game---classic. My wife who could care less even said what the Hell

Tatanka
01-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Did anyone watch local fox new last Monday or Tuesday they did a 2 minute overview about the SU SB team and then only mentioned they Whoix Hockey convictions. Once sentence about them having legal troubles of their own and then staright to the game---classic. My wife who could care less even said what the HellTo be fair, they've only been charged at this point (well, in December), not convicted. Not gonna happen until after teh hockies is done.

MAKBison
02-10-2013, 02:15 AM
To be fair, they've only been charged at this point (well, in December), not convicted. Not gonna happen until after teh hockies is done.

To be fair?????? How does that differ form the SU Soft Ball situation.....no convictions yet? Think about it, 2 mins on the girls SB team and One sentence concerning the 4 captains of the UND KING OF THE ICE Hockey team. Does not pass the smell test!

Tatanka
02-10-2013, 02:34 AM
To be fair?????? How does that differ form the SU Soft Ball situation.....no convictions yet? Think about it, 2 mins on the girls SB team and One sentence concerning the 4 captains of the UND KING OF THE ICE Hockey team. Does not pass the smell test!
:)

All I'm saying is the truth is ugly enough, no need to embellish it and give the bunker brain trust an easy counterargument / opportunity to distract from the issue at hand

CAS4127
04-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Couldn't find Hockey Talk thread but ....

Watch for HUGE moral victory claims if Yale wins F4 . They are whooping up on something called Lowell or whatever right now.

I mean they beat Yale for entire game except the last 8 minutes.

No_Skill
04-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Bastards

http://krazystvshows.tripod.com/Wings/Wings/wings-lowell3.gif

NDSU1980
04-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Couldn't find Hockey Talk thread but ....

Watch for HUGE moral victory claims if Yale wins F4 . They are whooping up on something called Lowell or whatever right now.

I mean they beat Yale for entire game except the last 8 minutes.

Hey, I went over there and perused the hockey thread. They are complaining about the complete lack of attendance. Looks like nobody went to the game, and it was played in the backyard of the two schools participating. A national finals game and nobody there.

So, does anyone up north still think hockey is this big national sport? Doesn't appear to be.

NDSUstudent
04-25-2013, 05:18 AM
Wow the GF Herald reported something negative about UND....

GRAND FORKS – University of North Dakota men’s hockey coach Dave Hakstol is taking scholarship money away from players after they received citations following the season.

Three freshman players – goalie Zane Gothberg, 20, forward Colten St. Clair, 20, and forward Bryn Chyzyk, 20 – received citations for underage drinking, while sophomore forward Stephane Pattyn, 22, received a noise citation.

Gothberg’s minor occurred March 31 after the team returned home from the West Regional in Grand Rapids, Mich. The other players received their citations over the weekend.

“This is going to cost some people significant scholarship dollars and trigger other internal actions,” Hakstol said.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/397615/

BisonTeacher
04-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Bryn and Stephane? Really?

tjbison
04-25-2013, 11:40 AM
"internal punishment" lol yeah ok, bet they don't lose shit strictly PR

NDSU1980
04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Knowing those guys, they'll probably have a party at Judy's in East Grand to celebrate their loss of $2 in scholarship money.

MNLonghorn10
04-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Why the hell dont they just go party in winnipeg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

td577
04-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Pretty slick. You can say you are punishing guys without anyone being able to prove you didn't.

I would have to think the process of taking scholarship money is lengthy and tedious. I also don't know if in hockey they can offer anything less than a full scholarship.

NorthernBison
04-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Pretty slick. You can say you are punishing guys without anyone being able to prove you didn't.

I would have to think the process of taking scholarship money is lengthy and tedious. I also don't know if in hockey they can offer anything less than a full scholarship.

The NCAA would never have an objection to a school reducing scholarship money as part of a punishment. It's not like the school can give it to somebody else.

Administratively, this type of action is WAY bigger than a simple suspension. The General Public will never be informed of the details but it goes through the University disciplinary process and is well documented. No way would Bresciani allow any funny business at NDSU and I can't believe Kelley would either. Their jobs would be on the line and no University President is going to step out on that plank for anybody. I'd say this is real.

BTW, any guesses what will be the first question whenever the next athlete gets cited for a "minor"?

abc123
04-25-2013, 01:18 PM
The NCAA would never have an objection to a school reducing scholarship money as part of a punishment. It's not like the school can give it to somebody else.

Administratively, this type of action is WAY bigger than a simple suspension. The General Public will never be informed of the details but it goes through the University disciplinary process and is well documented. No way would Bresciani allow any funny business at NDSU and I can't believe Kelley would either. Their jobs would be on the line and no University President is going to step out on that plank for anybody. I'd say this is real.

BTW, any guesses what will be the first question whenever the next athlete gets cited for a "minor"?
Not sure I understand your first sentence and whether you're saying that the school can or can't pull or reduce a scholarship for a violation? Wasn't Bohl going to pull a football scholarship this spring as a punishment but the player ended up just leaving the team? From what I've always understood, scholarships are year to year committments. And a school isn't required to use all of their scholarhips in a given year, there is just a limit on how many players they can be spread out among.

As for your last question, are you talking about when they actually get cited or the general public actually finds out about them?

Answer Guy
04-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Knowing those guys, they'll probably have a party at Judy's in East Grand

Judy's is in Grand Forks.

aces1180
04-25-2013, 03:59 PM
If this had happened at NDSU, UN_ fans and the media would be clamoring for these player's dismissal from the team. If you disagree, your head is in the sand.

NorthernBison
04-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Not sure I understand your first sentence and whether you're saying that the school can or can't pull or reduce a scholarship for a violation? Wasn't Bohl going to pull a football scholarship this spring as a punishment but the player ended up just leaving the team? From what I've always understood, scholarships are year to year committments. And a school isn't required to use all of their scholarhips in a given year, there is just a limit on how many players they can be spread out among.

As for your last question, are you talking about when they actually get cited or the general public actually finds out about them?

My comment was in response to somebody else speculating that scholarships need to be full scholarships. That is true for some sports but reducing a scholarship as punishment is allowable. It is also possible to pull one completely and has been done before. What UND announced is completely acceptable.

I'm talking about when the news comes out about a citation for a minor. If one of Mussman's athletes gets cited, will the first question from the media be something like, "Is his scholarship going to be reduced?" Or is this just a hockey thing because of their incident earlier in the year? Conversely, will the same questions be asked in Fargo? (you are well aware of how people like to compare)

Grizzled
04-25-2013, 04:29 PM
If this had happened at NDSU, UN_ fans and the media would be clamoring for these player's dismissal from the team. If you disagree, your head is in the sand.

For a minor? Get real. You understand how often this happens right? If you did a search of the entire roster you'd find a couple that haven't been in the media. There are also those administed by campus police that aren't on record but are handled internally. Bohl and NDSU have his/their punishment in place for a player recieving a minor and apparently UND has theirs.

Hammersmith
04-25-2013, 04:45 PM
My comment was in response to somebody else speculating that scholarships need to be full scholarships. That is true for some sports but reducing a scholarship as punishment is allowable. It is also possible to pull one completely and has been done before. What UND announced is completely acceptable.

I'm talking about when the news comes out about a citation for a minor. If one of Mussman's athletes gets cited, will the first question from the media be something like, "Is his scholarship going to be reduced?" Or is this just a hockey thing because of their incident earlier in the year? Conversely, will the same questions be asked in Fargo? (you are well aware of how people like to compare)
There is no sport in which you must offer a full scholarship. There are some sports in which a partial scholarship counts the same as a full scholarship to the NCAA, but there's no requirement to actually fund it as a full. The counter sports are FBS FB, MBB, WBB, VB and a few others that we don't have like women's gymnastics. Let's take WBB. You are allowed to give scholarships to 15 players. The NCAA doesn't care if those scholarships are 1% or 100%; they just care that you don't give above 100% or to more than 15 players. You want to penalize a player by cutting a quarter scholie? Go for it. Don't know why this misconception is so difficult to stamp out, but I'm bored and give it another shot.

Carry on.

aces1180
04-25-2013, 04:53 PM
For a minor? Get real. You understand how often this happens right? If you did a search of the entire roster you'd find a couple that haven't been in the media. There are also those administed by campus police that aren't on record but are handled internally. Bohl and NDSU have his/their punishment in place for a player recieving a minor and apparently UND has theirs.

You are telling me that this wouldn't be a bigger deal if it had happened to the Bison football team? Two in nine months for two of the players. The Forum and UN_ fans would be up in arms over this and it would be a much bigger deal than it is for the UN_ hockey players.

344Johnson
04-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Why the hell dont they just go party in winnipeg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Cause the girls in Winnipeg aren't impressed by American collegiate hockey players. The girls in El Forko don't know hockey well enough to know these guys are scrubs.

NDSUstudent
04-25-2013, 08:00 PM
You are telling me that this wouldn't be a bigger deal if it had happened to the Bison football team? Two in nine months for two of the players. The Forum and UN_ fans would be up in arms over this and it would be a much bigger deal than it is for the UN_ hockey players.

Considering some of these players were also busted for the out of control team party incident it would have been a big deal if a similar situation happened here, I agree.

Tatanka
04-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Considering some of these players were also busted for the out of control team party incident it would have been a big deal if a similar situation happened here, I agree.I'm sure an adequate amount of airtime was given on KFGO by the usual blowhards regarding this matter, commensurate of course with the actual significance of teh hockies team/program, following the established airtime:significance ratio afforded to NDSU football.

NDSU1980
04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
For a minor? Get real. You understand how often this happens right? If you did a search of the entire roster you'd find a couple that haven't been in the media. There are also those administed by campus police that aren't on record but are handled internally. Bohl and NDSU have his/their punishment in place for a player recieving a minor and apparently UND has theirs.Heck, when some of our guys did this, the un_ fans up at the SS had threads 32 pages long demanding that Bohl kick them off the team. Get real, those un_ guys are about as 2 faced as you can get. (probably as shit faced as you can get too).

imabison
04-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Heck, when some of our guys did this, the un_ fans up at the SS had threads 32 pages long demanding that Bohl kick them off the team. Get real, those un_ guys are about as 2 faced as you can get. (probably as shit faced as you can get too).

Things changed up there after the first incident when the AD went public and said that they were putting scholarships and penalties on the lines. They have now
forces the coaches hands.

Grizzled
04-26-2013, 02:44 AM

We have players on our team with multiple offenses and haven't had money cut. Just the "in house" punishment and it was't some huge drug out story. So I guess that is what I'm telling you.

aces1180
04-26-2013, 03:01 AM
We have players on our team with multiple offenses and haven't had money cut. Just the "in house" punishment and it was't some huge drug out story. So I guess that is what I'm telling you.

I disagree 100%...

Grizzled
04-26-2013, 03:32 AM
I disagree 100%...

That is great you have an opinion. Maybe your right and everyone is out to get us.

aces1180
04-26-2013, 03:52 AM
That is great you have an opinion. Maybe your right and everyone is out to get us.

If you read the rest of the thread, you'll soon realize I am not alone with those feelings...

perthbison
04-26-2013, 04:37 AM
"internal punishment" lol yeah ok, bet they don't lose shit strictly PRThats my bet also. Purely a PR thing