PDA

View Full Version : Calling all die hard Bison fans!

TheBisonIllustrated
09-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Calling all die hard Bison fans! Bison Illustrated wants to see which NDSU fan has the most Bison pride. If you’re interested in being featured in the October issue of the magazine, come join us at 1:15 p.m., on September 22, at the West side of the FargoDome. Make sure to dress in your craziest and coolest Bison gear, before the football team kicks-off against Prairie View A&M. Old or young, we want you! Who knows, you might just see your face in the magazine or even on the cover!

EndZoneQB
09-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Calling all die hard Bison fans! Bison Illustrated wants to see which NDSU fan has the most Bison pride. If you’re interested in being featured in the October issue of the magazine, come join us at 1:15 p.m., on September 22, at the West side of the FargoDome. Make sure to dress in your craziest and coolest Bison gear, before the football team kicks-off against Prairie View A&M. Old or young, we want you! Who knows, you might just see your face in the magazine or even on the cover!

My craziest and coolest "attire" is the mobile club called the Frisco Cruiser, does that count? lol

CAS4127
09-18-2012, 03:33 PM

I can just picture Tranny (aka, The Attention Whore) drooling on his keyboard about now!!

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I can just picture Tranny (aka, The Attention Whore) drooling on his keyboard about now!!

My, oh, my, I thought exactly the same thing! You know darn well he is going to bring his "A game" after this call.....

stevdock
09-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Isn't the most die hard Bison fan the one who hasn't missed a game in 20 some years?? Why is a die hard fan required to "dress in your craziest and coolest Bison gear"??

MontBison
09-18-2012, 05:49 PM
4M, that fool's got a bison tattoo on his forearm

No_Skill
09-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Isn't the most die hard Bison fan the one who hasn't missed a game in 20 some years?? Why is a die hard fan required to "dress in your craziest and coolest Bison gear"??

Hell, all not missing a game requires is being unemployed/retired/independently wealthy.

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
roadwarrior hasn't done enough to prove his ndsu fanhood.

he needs to attend at least 300 more games in a row.

BisonTeacher
09-18-2012, 05:51 PM

Thats no big deal...I heard in Nigeria lots of people have bison tattoos on their arms.

roadwarrior
09-18-2012, 05:54 PM
I've already made my appearance in Bison Illustrated. I'm obviously not eligible.

BlueBisonRock
09-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I've already made my appearance in Bison Illustrated. I'm obviously not eligible.

Maybe this time, Illustrated will include the NDSU Dance Team in the photo ...

Bisonguy
09-18-2012, 06:04 PM

I doubt it's drool that will end up all over his keyboard.

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 06:08 PM
I doubt it's drool that will end up all over his keyboard.That's right...it would be "awesomeness"...at least twss.

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 06:10 PM

IMO the best fan of any team is not the one who puts on the craziest outfit, it is the fan with the most knowledge and spirit. Just because a fan is able to travel to every game or buy tons of clothing from head to toe does not cut it, even though it is very cool for TV to interview some guy who for 50 years has never missed a game.

HandoEX
09-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I thought he got that tattoo after losing a bet. 4m is a UND homer.

KTF
09-18-2012, 06:16 PM
IMO the best fan of any team is not the one who puts on the craziest outfit, it is the fan with the most knowledge and spirit. Just because a fan is able to travel to every game or buy tons of clothing from head to toe does not cut it, even though it is very cool for TV to interview some guy who for 50 years has never missed a game. I agree, not able to purchase every item but like to keep up on the team. Also you aren't a diehard if you choose not to tailgate (as told to me a few years ago) Any relatively active poster on this site is most likely considered a diehard IMHO.

EndZoneQB
09-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I agree, not able to purchase every item but like to keep up on the team. Also you aren't a diehard if you don't tailgate (as told to me a few years ago) Any relatively active poster on this site is most likely considered a diehard IMHO.

Truer words have not been written on this forum.

CAS4127
09-18-2012, 06:25 PM
IMO the best fan of any team is not the one who puts on the craziest outfit, it is the fan with the most knowledge and spirit. Just because a fan is able to travel to every game or buy tons of clothing from head to toe does not cut it, even though it is very cool for TV to interview some guy who for 50 years has never missed a game.

"Able to"??!?!?! SRSLY!?!?!?!?

If someone is "able to" and does travel to every game, my bet is that person wants/desires to be at every game, and has made numerous sacrifices to do so not because s/he wants recognition, but because s/he wants even more knowlege and already has "spirit" to spare. Also, unless completely brain-dead, a fan who has attended/traveled to the last several hundred games likely lost more knowledge and spirit than you will ever have/gain!!

To put this mildly, your post kinda pisses me off!! And, no, I haven't been to the last 300+ games.

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Truer words have not been written on this forum.

Got to love double negatives which leave the true meaning almost impossible to understand.

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 06:32 PM
I agree, not able to purchase every item but like to keep up on the team. Also you aren't a diehard if you don't tailgate (as told to me a few years ago) Any relatively active poster on this site is most likely considered a diehard IMHO.

We bring our grand kids to the game (or maybe I should say they allow us to go with them), so we don't tailgate when they are with, hope I'm no less a Bison fan because of it.

BisonNation11
09-18-2012, 06:33 PM
I love the spirit of the competition. Plus this is a visual product they promoting so yes, craziest outfits only make sense. Doesn't necessarily mean they are the most die-hard fan, but it will give Bison Nation a great look at the creativity our fans have!

KTF
09-18-2012, 06:33 PM
We bring our grand kids to the game (or maybe I should say they allow us to go with them), so we don't tailgate when they are with, hope I'm no less a Bison fan because of it. Yep in some minds you are... (not mine though). It is great that you get to go with your grandkids. Wish my parents would take my kids like you do with yoru grandkids.

BisonNation11
09-18-2012, 06:35 PM
We bring our grand kids to the game (or maybe I should say they allow us to go with them), so we don't tailgate when they are with, hope I'm no less a Bison fan because of it.

You come find one of our groups to come tailgate with! No reason you should ever miss out on a tailgating opportunity!

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 06:51 PM

If someone is "able to" and does travel to every game, my bet is that person wants/desires to be at every game, and has made numerous sacrifices to do so not because s/he wants recognition, but because s/he wants even more knowlege and already has "spirit" to spare. Also, unless completely brain-dead, a fan who has attended/traveled to the last several hundred games likely lost more knowledge and spirit than you will ever have/gain!!

To put this mildly, your post kinda pisses me off!! And, no, I haven't been to the last 300+ games.

No need to get rude about it, I agree with you that fans who have been to 100's of games will naturally have/gain/and forget more Bison knowledge than I will ever have. And that information they have will come from experience of being at the games and the desire they have to investigate all the history and such they can. All I said was that just because a fan dresses up in some crazy outfit does not mean they are the best fan, means they are one more/most colorful and I applaud them for doing it . We lived in Hawaii for the last 13 years, and that does not mean that I have any less desire to be a Bison fan or go to the games, we watched every game we could get our hands on over the internet, and read every possible piece of information we could find.

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 06:54 PM
No need to get rude about it, I agree with you that fans who have been to 100's of games will naturally have/gain/and forget more Bison knowledge than I will ever have. And that information they have will come from experience of being at the games and the desire they have to investigate all the history and such they can. All I said was that just because a fan dresses up in some crazy outfit does not mean they are the best fan, means they are one more/most colorful and I applaud them for doing it . We lived in Hawaii for the last 13 years, and that does not mean that I have any less desire to be a Bison fan or go to the games, we watched every game we could get our hands on over the internet, and read every possible piece of information we could find.Maybe if you were a better fan you wouldn't have moved to Hawaii. :D

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Yep in some minds you are... (not mine though). It is great that you get to go with your grandkids. Wish my parents would take my kids like you do with yoru grandkids.

The grand kids are only 4,5,6. I'm sure they have no real idea of what is going on, but they love the fireworks inside when we score, and I think it is the excitement of the crowd going nuts that gets them into it.

CAS4127
09-18-2012, 06:57 PM

No need to get rude about it, I agree with you that fans who have been to 100's of games will naturally have/gain/and forget more Bison knowledge than I will ever have. And that information they have will come from experience of being at the games and the desire they have to investigate all the history and such they can. All I said was that just because a fan dresses up in some crazy outfit does not mean they are the best fan, means they are one more/most colorful and I applaud them for doing it . We lived in Hawaii for the last 13 years, and that does not mean that I have any less desire to be a Bison fan or go to the games, we watched every game we could get our hands on over the internet, and read every possible piece of information we could find.

The first quoted post is what I was referring to. We do have a poster on this board that has been to 359 consecutive Bison football games, and he is very respected, knowledgable and, yes, has "spirit"!!

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Maybe if you were a better fan you wouldn't have moved to Hawaii. :D

I was already in Hawaii before becoming a fan. I'm sure I'll catch hell for this, but I never even knew about the Bison before my wife and I got together. But oh how times have changed.

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey TennBison, we have been bringing our twin 5 yr olds to tailgating since they have been 15 months old...they have always loved it. You should bring them...

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2012, 07:08 PM
you'd fit in well in section 21

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 07:14 PM
The first quoted post is what I was referring to. We do have a poster on this board that has been to 359 consecutive Bison football games, and he is very respected, knowledgable and, yes, has "spirit"!!

From the limited dealings I have had so far with Bison fans I would be shocked if that was not close to the norm. My in laws use to live in Williston ND and made it to almost every home game for decades, right up until they passed away. I have found that while out walking the tailgate lot against CSU, the Bison fans had an unsurpassed amount of knowledge of the history and it blew me away. They were like walking encyclopedias of football and other sports of NDSU. You would have been hard pressed to fine that at Tennessee. While here, hardly a person out there that didn't know the answer to anything I asked, hell one guy was rattling off players names, years they played and career stats to like 25 players over the last 25 years like the information was his kids birthdays. So I admit that I am riding on the coattails of others when I call myself a Bison fan.

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Hey TennBison, we have been bringing our twin 5 yr olds to tailgating since they have been 15 months old...they have always loved it. You should bring them...

I will be at the game about an hour ahead of time walking the lot, if anyone sees me with my hybrid NDSU/ Tenn hat on you will know it is me and if you want to talk, just call me over.

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 07:21 PM
I will be at the game about an hour ahead of time walking the lot, if anyone sees me with my hybrid NDSU/ Tenn hat on you will know it is me and if you want to talk, just call me over.Ask for the Horny Bison tailgate...south lot against the trees...

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 07:22 PM
you'd fit in well in section 21

Isn't that the section right next to where the visiting teams fans sit? I would get into a lot of trouble over there.:duel:

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Ask for the Horny Bison tailgate...south lot against the trees...

Something tells me I would not need to ask for it, most likely I could just listen for it.:hide:

Kermit
09-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Something tells me I would not need to ask for it, most likely I could just listen for it.:hide:

IMHO, if you want to find a tailgating group by ear, you'll have your best luck with the Frisco Cruiser.

BlueBisonRock
09-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Isn't that the section right next to where the visiting teams fans sit? I would get into a lot of trouble over there.:duel:

Not a chance you get into trouble. We already have an app for that.

BisonNation11
09-18-2012, 07:29 PM

I'm in the section around the corner from the visitor's section, and other than one playoff game, most are in shock and awe of the atmosphere and keep to themselves. They are in stunned silence and jealousy. Most thoroughly enjoy the game and are good fans.

EndZoneQB
09-18-2012, 07:33 PM
IMHO, if you want to find a tailgating group by ear, you'll have your best luck with the Frisco Cruiser.

This man speaks the truth!

KTF
09-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I have met CAS, Tatanka, and TransamBison in real life. All are great people. I hope to stop by the horny bison lot over homecoming weekend and spend a few more minutes there then I did on the home opener.

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 07:36 PM
I have met CAS, Tatanka, and TransamBison in real life. All are great people . I hope to stop by the horny bison lot over homecoming weekend and spend a few more minutes there then I did in hte home opener.You just wrecked any credibility you once had.

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2012, 07:36 PM
I have met CAS, Tatanka, and TransamBison in real life. All are great people . I hope to stop by the horny bison lot over homecoming weekend and spend a few more minutes there then I did in hte home opener.

You clearly have NOT met CAS, Tatanka, and TAB if you think they are great people.....

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 07:37 PM
You clearly have NOT met CAS, Tatanka, and TAB if you think they are great people.....Too slow...*

*twss

KTF
09-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I have met them, didn't say I knew them, from my initial impression all seem great... may need to tailgate a little more to truly get to know them...

BlueBisonRock
09-18-2012, 07:39 PM

This man speaks the truth!

It isn't nicknamed the "Kiddie Bus" without reason.

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2012, 07:40 PM
... may need to tailgate a little more to truly get to know them...

May need to tailgate a little more---yes

"truly get to know them"--are you sure?

1st&TennBison
09-18-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm in the section around the corner from the visitor's section, and other than one playoff game, most are in shock and awe of the atmosphere and keep to themselves. They are in stunned silence and jealousy. Most thoroughly enjoy the game and are good fans.

Tell me about it, I had never been inside the dame before until the JMU game. Saw pictures of it, but nothing can compare you for it until you have been there, and I played (very little :( ) in front of 80,000 +. The dome is so loud and rocking it was unreal to me. I thought to myself, this is what college football is all about.

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Tell me about it, I had never been inside the dame before until the JMU game. Saw pictures of it, but nothing can compare you for it until you have been there, and I played (very little :( ) in front of 80,000 +. The dome is so loud and rocking it was unreal to me. I thought to myself, this is what college football is all about.hehehehehe...Freudian slip?

BisonTeacher
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
been inside the dame

Must make...joke....trying....to.....let....it........g o..................

KTF
09-18-2012, 07:45 PM
May need to tailgate a little more---yes

"truly get to know them"--are you sure?

Ah not sure, starting to think that is a bad idea :)

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Must make...joke....trying....to.....let....it........g o..................twss.........

CAS4127
09-18-2012, 07:52 PM
I have met them, didn't say I knew them, from my initial impression all seem great... may need to tailgate a little more to truly get to know them...

The cream rises to the top-->you will find yourself searching and talking less and less with Tranny and Tanka is what I am sayin'!!

BisonTeacher
09-18-2012, 07:53 PM
twss.........

:fight:

Im just mad you posted a "getting inside the dame" joke before me.

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Ah not sure, starting to think that is a bad idea :)

And the lightbulb of understanding comes on:

http://pacejmiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bright-idea.jpg

CAS4127
09-18-2012, 08:12 PM
And the lightbulb of understanding comes on:

http://pacejmiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bright-idea.jpg

There is a reason you are the "socalledfan" . . .

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2012, 08:16 PM

Hey, he will kill enough brain cells just tailgating; don't want him to lose more! Sadly, I won't be there this weekend.....I'll be on an airplane to Hawaii. I'll be listening on the in air wifi.....

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Hey, he will kill enough brain cells just tailgating; don't want him to lose more! Sadly, I won't be there this weekend.....I'll be on an airplane to Hawaii. I'll be listening on the in air wifi.....Priorities...yours are mixed up.

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Priorities...yours are mixed up.

To each their own. I feel a lot worse about missing the UNI game on the way back; very accessible from Sioux Falls.

CAS4127
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey, he will kill enough brain cells just tailgating; don't want him to lose more! Sadly, I won't be there this weekend.....I'll be on an airplane to Hawaii. I'll be listening on the in air wifi.....

I repeat:

Hammerhead
09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Just keep it off the field. :)

http://blog.afanforallseasons.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/patriots.fan_.opof-14905-mid.jpg

TransAmBison
09-18-2012, 08:24 PM
To each their own. I feel a lot worse about missing the UNI game on the way back; very accessible from Sioux Falls.Please tell me this is work related...and not a planned vacation...

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Please tell me this is work related...and not a planned vacation...

Sadly, planned vacation. I dropped the ball by forgetting to check the schedule. I am a socalledefan.....

CAS4127
09-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Sadly, planned vacation. I dropped the ball by forgetting to check the schedule. I am a socalledefan.....

:facepalm2::facepalm::facepalm2::facepalm::facepal m2::facepalm:

Here-->I'll do it for you!! :hide::hide:

td577
09-18-2012, 09:00 PM
It's called fall. That would be synonymous with football. There is not a calendar in the world that must be consulted.

JustinTyem
09-19-2012, 03:07 AM

2115I cant get to the dome that fast,LoL. How about next year???

JustinTyem
09-19-2012, 03:14 AM
4M, that fool's got a bison tattoo on his forearmI also just got a Tattoo,Do you want to know what it is????? Just wait for it..................... Just wait for it....................... Nope Im not gonna put it on BV,that would be mean,LoL

JustinTyem
09-19-2012, 03:19 AM
I thought he got that tattoo after losing a bet. 4m is a UND homer.Whos 4M,Hes ATTA HERE!!!!! Damn,those UNDie Skid marks hurt!!!!!

JustinTyem
09-19-2012, 03:22 AM

To put this mildly, your post kinda pisses me off!! And, no, I haven't been to the last 300+ games.Let'em Have it CAS!!!!!