PDA

View Full Version : Statue of Liberty Play

Jim_Puetz
01-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I may be crazy on this, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Wasn't the statue of liberty play that Boise State ran against Oklahoma, basically the same play that the Bison ran against SDSU where Majeski scored from about 50 yards out? If this has already been posted, my apologies.

IowaBison
01-04-2007, 03:37 PM
no, the majeski plays were fake hand-off passes, the contrapositive of a statue of liberty (fake pass, hand off).

Jim_Puetz
01-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Isn't that what Boise State did? Zabransky faked the pass, pulled the ball down and behind his back and handed it off to Johnson. Walker did the same thing, he faked the bomb to White, pulled the ball down and handed to Majeski. Or at least that's what I remember. If someone would put that Bison highlight package together, we could make a final determination.

RedRiver
01-04-2007, 03:56 PM
The QB faked the pass with his empty right hand and handed the ball off behind his back with the left hand.

IowaBison
01-04-2007, 03:57 PM
My bad, I was thinking about the Heckendorf switcharoo that happened later in the game.

IowaBisonToo
01-04-2007, 06:17 PM
The QB faked the pass with his empty right hand and handed the ball off behind his back with the left hand.
Actually the RB went in front of the QB to take the hand-off.

imabison
01-04-2007, 07:06 PM

In the Boise State game the RB went behind the QB

Hambone
01-04-2007, 07:55 PM

I second this version. It was behind the back.

coloradobison
01-04-2007, 09:47 PM

I second this version. *It was behind the back.
I agree

NDSUFREAK10
01-04-2007, 11:50 PM
I still think that when Walker held the ball behind his back for 5 secs after a fake hand off and bombed it to Heckendorf, I believe, and scored a touchdown. That was perfect.
BTW, I agree. ;D ;D

Mr._Bill
01-05-2007, 12:05 AM
The Boise play was so effective because there was no reverse motion like you typcially see. After the pump fake to the tripps side, the RB standing right next to the QB took the behind the back statue hand-off. That was one of the most deceptive plays I have seen. Great call by Boise.

Jim_Puetz
01-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I was wrong about the Statute of Liberty play during the Jackrabbit game. After swapping numerous terse e:mails with Jeff Kolpack yesterday, whom I accused of being in the can when the play was run, I have concluded that the play I was thinking of was in fact the pass to Heckendorf. Of course it took an e:mail confirmation from Pat Perles for me to give in to Kolpack's rantings. Kolpack has insisted that I make a public apology because I challenged his manhood, so here it is:

Jeff, you were right, I was wrong.

I still think you were in the can when the play was run.

IowaBison
01-05-2007, 02:27 PM
That makes sense.

The two Majeski plays were just end arounds.

Does that mean that I was right????

:)