PDA

View Full Version : Question about scheduling

CaBisonFan
12-29-2006, 03:30 AM
I wasn't in the loop at all last year at this time. Were the Bison looking for as many games at this time last year?

One more: I've seen another post about scheduling...but has anyone heard news of any additions to the schedule?

Ah....one more: Where does the Montana State game stand now? Is it a 'no go?'

NDSUFREAK10
12-29-2006, 03:33 AM
No Montana State game.

CaBisonFan
12-29-2006, 03:51 AM
No Montana State game.

That's one less embarrassing loss for Montana State. *I believe that the Bison will be avoided like the plague in the coming year. *No one will want to play us if they can help it. *

I hope that the Gateway invitation comes so that the Bison can settle into some good home & home matchups. *This is ridiculous.

It wouldn't shock me to see Minnesota cancel for next fall.

If I were Gene Taylor I'd be talking to the ncaa about filling a hole in a DI-A conference....if they would skip the year of probation. If the Gateway doesn't come through...SU should be wining and dining the ncaa and a couple of DI-A conferences. Put the pressure on.

I'm getting really impatient with this garbage. When will NDSU and SDSU cut a break? This is worse than the punishment that teams get when the school has been punished for rules violations.

Is January a possible announcement time from the Gateway?

No_Skill
12-29-2006, 04:01 AM
No Montana State game.

That's one less embarrassing loss for Montana State. *I believe that the Bison will be avoided like the plague in the coming year. *No one will want to play us if they can help it. *

I hope that the Gateway invitation comes so that the Bison can settle into some good home & home matchups. *This is ridiculous.

If I were Gene Taylor I'd be talking to the ncaa about filling a hole in a DI-A conference....if they would skip the year of probation. *If the Gateway doesn't come through...SU should be wining and dining the ncaa and a couple of DI-A conferences. *Put the pressure on.

I'm getting really impatient with this garbage. *When will NDSU and SDSU cut a break? *This is worse than the punishment that teams get when the school has been punished for rules violations. *

Are you talking about becoming a FBS program next year? I think that's what you are saying. We fall a little short in the facilities department. There is a 30,000 seat minimum I believe.

NDSUFREAK10
12-29-2006, 04:02 AM
I sure hope so. I'll dance naked in the street when they do I will be so happy!

NDSUstudent
12-29-2006, 04:16 AM
No Montana State game.

If I were Gene Taylor I'd be talking to the ncaa about filling a hole in a DI-A conference....if they would skip the year of probation. *If the Gateway doesn't come through...SU should be wining and dining the ncaa and a couple of DI-A conferences. *Put the pressure on.

I'm getting really impatient with this garbage. *When will NDSU and SDSU cut a break? *This is worse than the punishment that teams get when the school has been punished for rules violations. *

Are you talking about becoming a FBS program next year? *I think that's what you are saying. *We fall a little short in the facilities department. *There is a 30,000 seat minimum I believe.

All you need to do is average 15k and that is paid attendance not butts in the seats. Really I see the Gateway invite as a fork in the road for NDSU athletics as whole. If NDSU gets into the Gateway I think we'll be happy in the FCS for football and the only upgrade in conferences will be hopefully getting into the MVC but if we don't look for NDSU to keep the FBS door open and potentially find our way into the WAC or MAC. Both the potential MAC/WAC or MVC invite would 8 years away at least because I don't think NDSU has done enough to attract an invite but if the athletic department keeps on having success and a new basketball arena is built I don't see NDSU in the Mid-Con/Great West for the long term. Don't get me wrong I am happy in both conference but in the ever changing DI landscape you have got to keep an eye to future or you'll be left in the dust.

NDSUFREAK10
12-29-2006, 04:17 AM
At least we have the people that are now able to do it, and see it through a crystal clear window.

Bison_Dan
12-29-2006, 12:17 PM
No Montana State game.

No way the Gophers cancel us - it's a hugh money game for them.

BisBison
12-29-2006, 12:24 PM
No way the Gophers cancel us - it's a hugh money game for them.[/quote]

+++++ we were their best draw. And by a lot. Instead of canceling us they should be upping the guaranty to keep us interested for future games.

2006gwfcchamps
12-29-2006, 02:26 PM
If Eastern Michigan can stay in FBS with a 5k average, NDSU could go FBS.

I believe their booster club decided to buy enough tickets to make the season average 15k. But their actual attendance is like 5k.

Bisondad
12-29-2006, 03:02 PM
The other side of the issue is a loss to NDSU pretty much causes wholesale chaos at the U of M. is it worth it to them??? I'm not so sure. I don't think they will back out but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

bisonranch
12-29-2006, 04:29 PM
The other side of the issue is a loss to NDSU pretty much causes wholesale chaos at the U of M. *is it worth it to them??? *I'm not so sure. *I don't think they will back out but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Many of them were hoping for a loss to the Bison so they had reason to get a new coach and staff. My Gopher supporting inlaws told me they were Bison fans that day in October.

suherdscribe
12-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Minnesota's home 2007-08 schedule is Miami (Ohio), Purdue, Ohio State, NDSU, Illinois and Wisconsin. NDSU plays the Gophers before the Michigan game. I'd say Minnesota would be nuts not to play the Bison and additional gate ($$$$) of 15,000 NDSU fans. It would be embarassing to get beat by the Bison, however.

SDbison
12-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Minnesota's home 2007-08 schedule is Miami (Ohio), Purdue, Ohio State, NDSU, Illinois and Wisconsin. NDSU plays the Gophers before the Michigan game. I'd say Minnesota would be nuts not to play the Bison and additional gate ($$$$) of 15,000 NDSU fans. It would be embarassing to get beat by the Bison, however.
There will be closer to 20,000 NDSU fans at the Gopher game next year. Almost everyone that went this year will be back and there there will be many more as thousands of fence sitting NDSU Alumni in the Midwest will want to take in this game. I predict a sellout crowd with no seats available in 2007.

Gamehunter
12-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Minnesota's home 2007-08 schedule is Miami (Ohio), Purdue, Ohio State, NDSU, Illinois and Wisconsin. NDSU plays the Gophers before the Michigan game. I'd say Minnesota would be nuts not to play the Bison and additional gate ($$$$) of 15,000 30,000 NDSU fans. It would be embarassing to get beat by the Bison, however.

SDbison
12-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Minnesota's home 2007-08 schedule is Miami (Ohio), Purdue, Ohio State, NDSU, Illinois and Wisconsin. NDSU plays the Gophers before the Michigan game. I'd say Minnesota would be nuts not to play the Bison and additional gate ($$$$) of 15,000 30,000 NDSU fans. It would be embarassing to get beat by the Bison, however.

I take it you are counting the disgruntled Minnesota fans who will be cheering for the Bison. ;D

No_Skill
12-29-2006, 05:14 PM
There will be closer to 20,000 NDSU fans at the Gopher game next year. *Almost everyone that went this year will be back and there there will be many more as thousands of fence sitting NDSU Alumni in the Midwest will want to take in this game. *I predict a sellout crowd with no seats available in 2007. *

+3 fence sitters from Bismarck

SDbison
12-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Can someone quickly post the 2007 football schedule showing open dates. I am really concerned that none of the holes have been filled and if anything a bigger hole was made with the loss of the home game against Montana Loser State. Didn't NDSU add a game with Western Illinois? I suppose that is an away game first. So other than the UC-Davis game at home what game is there to look forward to? Maybe since I have to travel to all the games I am most excited about the Gopher game. What an atmosphere, even if it is at the Humphydome. Hopefully Gene is also working on a regional FBS game for 2008. I also agree with CaBisonFan. This schedule crap sucks. If for some reason the Gateway shys away Gene has to seriously start looking at an FBS conference. Even though I don't mind Cal Poly and UC-Davis, I don't want NDSU to get stuck in a no auto bid GWFC with USD and UND. :P

2006gwfcchamps
12-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Here are the 12 regular season Saturdays:

Sep

1 OPEN
8 SFA in the FARGODOME
15 OPEN
22 OPEN
29 OPEN

Oct

6 Davis in the FARGODOME
13 Miss. Valley in Itta Bena MS
20 Minnesota in Minneapolis
27 Southern Utah in the FARGODOME

Nov

3 OPEN
10 Poly in San Luis Obispo CA
17 SDSU in Brookings SD

For sure need a home game Sept 1st. I'd like to see a Pioneer team as the warm up game. NO DII, DIII, or NAIA!!!!!!!!!!

There's also a possibility that we can schedule 12 games this year, but I believe GT is on record saying he is against it.

SDbison
12-29-2006, 06:52 PM
So NDSU has 3 HOME games and 4 AWAY games currently on the schedule. :'(
That means 3 more HOME games and 1 more AWAY game is desired. :-?
Wow, I just don't see that happening this late in the process. NDSU will be lucky to get 2 more home games and those will probably be DII. If that happens Gene may as well schedule 2 more FBS games since they have to be away. 2007 is another non-playoff elligible year so may as well get some publicity out of it. Now I am depressed about next years home games. :(
The way I see it, my interest in attending next years games ranked 0 (lowest) to 5 (highest):
5 Minnesota (Metrodome) 240 miles away
4 SDSU (Brookings) 40 miles away
4 UC-Davis (Fargodome) 240 miles away
3 Stephen F. Austin (Fargodome) 240 miles away
2 Southern Utah (Fargodome) 240 miles away
2 Cal Poly (San Luis Obispo, CA) good game, just too far away
1 Mississippi Valley State (Itta Bena, MS) so so game, too far away
Additional games?
5 Any FBS team within 500 miles of Sioux Falls
4 Top third FCS team (at Fargodome) or Northern Iowa (away)
3 Mid third FCS team (at Fargodome)
2 Lower third FCS team (at Fargodome) or top third FBS team (away)
1 Pioneer League team (at Fargodome) or lower two third FBS team (away)
0 Any DII, DIII or NAIA team (at Fargodome)

SDbison
01-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Since basketball is looking ugly as of late I need to hear some good news regarding next years football schedule. Seems strange to have 4 games to fill in the schedule at this time (3 should be home games). What are the chances 2 of these home games will be against DII competition? I sure hope Gene is looking for some games against regional FBS teams rather than playing two DII's at home.

lakesbison
01-04-2007, 03:41 AM
2 BIG TIME TEAMS AWAy..

Wyoming, Ohio University (MAC team of your choice)

Applicaian State home (going back next year)

pay for a Youngstown State or Georgia Southern to come to Dome.

TheDoctor
01-04-2007, 04:39 AM
pay for a Youngstown State or Georgia Southern to come to Dome.

I like this idea! :D Pay to bring them in! We'll sell out the place!

lakesbison
01-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Then u also like my 3 D1A schools idea!!!

UM 250,000
Wyoming? $200,000
Texas Tech? 300,000 or Indiana/Illinois $200,000

Lets make $650,000 next year.

then pay $50,000-75,000 for a BIG D1AA Team to come to Fargo.

Cant make the playoffs and we already proved we can compete!!

sellout the Fargodome with good teams!!

TheDoctor
01-04-2007, 04:55 AM

UM 250,000
Wyoming? *$200,000
Texas Tech? 300,000 *or Indiana/Illinois $200,000

AHMEN! Sounds GREEEEEAAAAATTT to me. Now you have to sell Gene. ;)

Jdubs21
01-04-2007, 05:02 AM
why dont we play 1 big away game and make enough money to bring 2 big 1-AA teams into the dome to help with recruiting...that means we will have 2 sellout crowds to invite the recruits too and get them into fargo by the time we are eligible for playoffs

NDSUFREAK10
01-04-2007, 11:55 PM
We already have Georgia Southern coming in 2008. Lakes, your idea is awesome. I would love to see the "national champions" come the the FFD ;) ;) ;D :D

Bisonguy
01-05-2007, 12:25 AM

UM 250,000
Wyoming? *$200,000
Texas Tech? 300,000 *or Indiana/Illinois $200,000

A big FCS team will not travel to Fargo for $50-75k.

Double that, and they might talk to Gene.

IowaBison
01-05-2007, 02:34 AM
Why would they come to Fargo for even 200k?

They can get that money and as competitive a game from a low-end FBS school.

note the nomenclature......

Gamehunter
01-05-2007, 06:12 AM

UM 250,000
Wyoming? $200,000
Texas Tech? 300,000 or Indiana/Illinois $200,000

3 games for 650 thou? That is what Montana got for playing 1 game against Iowa. Lets just play Iowa and skip on the loose change!! Hell, even the Goofers can beat Iowa. ;)

BTW, I think we get 300k to play @ the Hump Dome in '07. No??

56BISON73
01-06-2007, 02:31 AM
What is a "FBS conference"? PL

Bisonguy
01-06-2007, 03:33 AM
What is a "FBS conference"? PL

Football Bowl Subdivision, the subdivision formerly known as I-A

56BISON73
01-06-2007, 04:00 AM
So what is 1-AA????? PL

NDSUFREAK10
01-06-2007, 04:15 AM
So what is 1-AA????? PL

FCS

56BISON73
01-06-2007, 04:20 AM
FCS means???? Come on guys youre killing me here. LOL PL

BisonCardinal
01-06-2007, 04:22 AM
Football Championship Subdivision

kchats
01-06-2007, 04:23 AM
Football Championship Subdivision (FCS)
Bowl Championship Subdivision (BCS)

:D

SDbison
01-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Football Championship Subdivision (FCS)
Bowl Championship Subdivision (BCS)

:D
BCS = Bowl Championship Series

BisonCardinal
01-06-2007, 04:29 AM
Just remember:

FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) has to do with IA and their lick-your-finger and stick-it-in-the-wind bowl games to determine a hypothetical champion.

FCS (Football Championship Subdivision) has to do with IAA and a playoff system that crowns a true champion. :)

56BISON73
01-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Thanks Guys. Thats soooo much better than 1-A and 1-AA. LOL LOL PL

Hammersmith
01-06-2007, 04:58 AM
And remember: all BCS are in the FBS, but not all FBS are in the BCS. :o :o :)

IowaBison
01-06-2007, 02:08 PM
the easy way to remeber is that the BCS is (F)BS.

so is the BSC, but they happen to FCS. :)

Bisonguy
01-06-2007, 02:25 PM
the easy way to remeber is that the BCS is (F)BS.

so is the BSC, but they happen to FCS. *:)
\

Or just remember there's no BS in the FCS!

No_Skill
01-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Also, the majority of the season you'll be able to watch the BCS of the FBS on CBS.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Wow. All I can say is wow.