PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Williams injured?

HerdBot
09-10-2012, 11:38 PM
According to an inside source, Bison CB Marcus Williams may have a torn meniscus. The severity of the injury is unknown
740 the fan tweet

HerdBot
09-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Dom Izzo Dom Izzo DomIzzoWDAY DomIzzoWDAY @ @

Marcus Williams had arthoscopic knee surgery and will be out a couple weeks

@ #

MNLonghorn10
09-10-2012, 11:54 PM
what in the effin ef?

suspend him now.:biggrin:

HerdBot
09-10-2012, 11:57 PM
As long as hes back for the UNI game, were good.

NDSUBowler
09-10-2012, 11:58 PM
UGH. NOT the news we need to hear. We need to be healthy for the UNI/YSU games.

tony
09-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Holy crap, I thought field turf was easier on the knees.

Get well soon, Marcus, Heagle, and Garrett!

I bet that every guy who played is probably pretty beat up. Grothmann, despite being a deliverer of pain more than a recipient, looked pretty dinged up.

Herd
09-11-2012, 12:20 AM
If the starters get more than a series against PVAM, fire Bohl. Can't afford another injury. If we win 7-6, good enough. 2nd stringers, you just got a promotion!

Bison03
09-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Probably don't need him to beat prairieview so as long as he is back for UNI, all will be ok. Best of luck to him in his recovery.

HandoEX
09-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Get well MWill!!!!!!!

Professor Chaos
09-11-2012, 12:33 AM
If the starters get more than a series against PVAM, fire Bohl. Can't afford another injury. If we win 7-6, good enough. 2nd stringers, you just got a promotion!
Did you forget the purple font?

westnodak93bison
09-11-2012, 12:45 AM

Good post. Our 2nd string needs some reps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

344Johnson
09-11-2012, 12:45 AM
He gets a buy week, and the PVAM game to sit out. Couldn't have happened at a better time if it was going to happen.

BisonTeacher
09-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Yup. Great time for the bye week. So much adversity this year. Lets hope the team can pull thru it.

CAS4127
09-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Meniscus tears r not as easy to come back from as some of you seem to think. It's kinda like having a tooth filled--it feels different for quite a while, and is unnerving when u have to rely on that particular knee when playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-11-2012, 01:53 AM
When did this happen? I never saw him get injured.

Snake
09-11-2012, 01:55 AM
I've had meniscus tears 3 different times. The first time they tried to fix it and it just retore shortly thereafter. IMO your better off just having it cleaned up.

SDbison
09-11-2012, 02:08 AM
I've had meniscus tears 3 different times. The first time they tried to fix it and it just retore shortly thereafter. IMO your better off just having it cleaned up. I have had the meniscus cleaned up twice on my right knee and once on the left knee. No side effects within a week or two after the surgery and I was able to return full speed to basketball and hockey. Although many years later my knees are not worth a crap and arthritus is setting in.......limited movement / flexibility in both knees now.

SamsRams
09-11-2012, 02:32 AM
So lets add it up. Against a crappy team NDSU is way better than they lost
Lang
Bruhn
Heagle
M Williams

Man how fun would it be to play Nebraska in 2 weeks? :facepalm:

taper
09-11-2012, 02:59 AM
So lets add it up. Against a crappy team NDSU is way better than they lost
Lang
Bruhn
Heagle
M Williams

Man how fun would it be to play Nebraska in 2 weeks? :facepalm:

These injuries could happen anywhere, doesn't matter how good the other team is. Just hope it ends here.

mhyer63
09-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Meniscus tears r not as easy to come back from as some of you seem to think. It's kinda like having a tooth filled--it feels different for quite a while, and is unnerving when u have to rely on that particular knee when playing.

Man and the hits just keep on coming. Did we have this much bad news with all the other stuff so far this year in the entire year last year, or any other year in the past for that matter. Hurt players, trouble with the law( on any level). Meniscus tear can be a touchy thing, had my left knee interior meniscus trimmed at the end of last January. Dr Piatt who I think is the teams doctor for this body part was my surgeon/doctor said it was a very minor issue and would be back to normal in 2 weeks after surgery, ended up taking 7 weeks. Man the CSU game put some of our best players in a hurt locker.

BlueBisonRock
09-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Man and the hits just keep on coming. Did we have this much bad news with all the other stuff so far this year in the entire year last year, or any other year in the past for that matter. Hurt players, trouble with the law( on any level). Meniscus tear can be a touchy thing, had my left knee interior meniscus trimmed at the end of last January. Dr Piatt who I think is the teams doctor for this body part was my surgeon/doctor said it was a very minor issue and would be back to normal in 2 weeks after surgery, ended up taking 7 weeks. Man the CSU game put some of our best players in a hurt locker.

Had mine done a few years back. Threw the crutches away in less than a day and was waliking that afternoon. It took a few days of stretching, but was moving better than before within a week.

CAS4127
09-11-2012, 03:57 AM
Adversity builds personal and team integrity--that's the Bison my friends--and adversity comes when you least expect or want it. Transient thing but, when looking back u realize it made you personally and the team in general stronger. Let's get it done!!

CaBisonFan
09-11-2012, 03:58 AM
Adversity builds personal and team integrity--that's the Bison my friends--and adversity comes when you least expect or want it. Transient thing but, when looking back u realize it made you personally and the team in general stronger. Let's get it done!!

One of the best posts I've ever read on Bisonville. Thanks CAS. I needed that.

CalBison97
09-11-2012, 04:27 AM
I remember some of you lobbying vigorously to play Nebraska. Had it been this year, we'd be down to 3rd stringers by our first conference game and season basically over.

CAS4127
09-11-2012, 04:30 AM
U sound like McFooly--speculation, conjecture with a pinch of leap-of-logic to spice it up a bit!! Stupid--think about it!!??

344Johnson
09-11-2012, 04:54 AM

I'm with CAS. Every team can claim this, but some back it up. Over the years, the Bison have had teams that have been hurt by individual injuries, but other than the Beachy injury(The Dome Curse)...I can't recall one that derailed one of our great teams. I have heard stories from my dad, you older guys might be able to bring some injuries that wrecked a season other than the Beachy incident.

Regardless, better that it happens before/very early in conference play than going into a playoff run. M-Dubs with any luck, will be back at a reasonable time.

Regarding a playoff run, I think, even if we lose a couple games, some of the other teams I think are going to be dangerous come playoff time (Ga Southern, App, Montana, Sam Houston) will have a couple losses as well. I think we get a solid seed and might be watching from the comfy confines of the dome come playoff time. That defense we got....so impressive.

NDSUBowler
09-11-2012, 05:35 AM
I remember some of you lobbying vigorously to play Nebraska. Had it been this year, we'd be down to 3rd stringers by our first conference game and season basically over.
I call BS.

CaBisonFan
09-11-2012, 07:09 AM

There was a game in the last 5-6 years with a team from Connecticut...I think. We completely blew them out, and we lost several players.

We had opinions about that before playing Minnesota the first time too.

ndsubison1
09-11-2012, 07:44 AM
hopefully he gets healed up and is back at 100%. good thing we got a bye and cupcake coming up. may have to sit him vs uni as well

IzzyFlexion
09-11-2012, 12:24 PM

I call BS.

I think that he's just trying to say that he knew months ago that these specific injuries would happen to these players but some BVillers just ....wouldn't..... LISTEN!

NorthernBison
09-11-2012, 12:38 PM
There was a game in the last 5-6 years with a team from Connecticut...I think. We completely blew them out, and we lost several players.

We had opinions about that before playing Minnesota the first time too.

Tyler suffered an ankle injury against Central Connecticut that basically ruined his senior season.

Players get hurt in practice. There might even be an argument that they get hurt more against the poorer teams with the less skilled athletes.

Mark May said something on College Gameday Final about FCS teams getting injured when they play the BCS teams. That's a load of BS. He's such a fool.

daddy daycare
09-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Best wishes to Marcus on a speedy recovery. We need him for the grind, but more importantly for the long haul.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM

Injuries can come with any opponent. Look back to '08 after we played Central Conn. We lost something like six players that game. We went into Wyoming beat up and still almost pulled it off. I think oftentimes the weaker the opponent, the more injuries you pile up.

gotts
09-11-2012, 12:46 PM

An outer meniscus tear is a far faster recovery versus an inner meniscus tear. The timetable they give for his return would suggest a minor outer meniscus tear. No offense to you, but I'm guessing MWill's body is in a far better shape and may be better suited to a quicker recovery.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-11-2012, 12:47 PM
What happened to Lang and when did Marcus go down? I don't remember these two guys leaving with an injury.

KTF
09-11-2012, 12:54 PM
What happened to Lang and when did Marcus go down? I don't remember these two guys leaving with an injury. Lang middle of 4th qtr, williams never went out that I recall...

NorthernBison
09-11-2012, 12:58 PM
What happened to Lang and when did Marcus go down? I don't remember these two guys leaving with an injury.

Lang came off the field holding his ribcage just below the pads after a run up the middle. I think it was fairly late in the game. Looked like he took either a helmet or a shoulder to the chest.

When he got to the sideline, he took a knee. I thought he either got the wind knocked out or possibly hurt a rib. I told my son that I hope he didn't break a rib or they might need to re-inflate a lung. He asked if I was serious and I said it sometimes doesn't take much for that to happen if you get hit in the right spot.

BisonTeacher
09-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Lang middle of 4th qtr, williams never went out that I recall...

From what I have heard...a meniscus can be more of a nagging injury and not something that will cause you to go down/out immediately. If that is true, it may have been bothering him for a while.

CalBison97
09-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Injuries can come with any opponent. Look back to '08 after we played Central Conn. We lost something like six players that game. We went into Wyoming beat up and still almost pulled it off. I think oftentimes the weaker the opponent, the more injuries you pile up.

How many serious injuries did we have in the RMU game as opposed to the CSU game? Ironic or not I'm thankful we have a bye week followed by Prairie View before our huge conference games. I believe we'll need to be as healthy as possible for UNI and Youngstown.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-11-2012, 01:21 PM
How many serious injuries did we have in the RMU game as opposed to the CSU game? Ironic or not I'm thankful we have a bye week followed by Prairie View before our huge conference games. I believe we'll need to be as healthy as possible for UNI and Youngstown.

But, my original point is that we lost a ton of players against a cupcake in '08 as well. Injuries can happen agaisnt any competition. What do want to do? Duck all tough opponents just to avoid injuryies? That isn't the Bison way. BRING ON THE COMPETITION! Right? We don't run from the competition, we run into it.

KTF
09-11-2012, 01:22 PM
From what I have heard...a meniscus can be more of a nagging injury and not something that will cause you to go down/out immediately. If that is true, it may have been bothering him for a while. Probably is, not sure if it was altitude or what but he seemed gassed the first quarter, but he was esentially doing everything though. It could have been something then but hard to tell from watching live or on tv. Hope he is back soon and 100%.

BisonNation11
09-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Marcus Williams is injured??? Holy Christ, the Mayans were right!!! It's the end of the world as we know it!!!

CalBison97
09-11-2012, 01:54 PM
But, my original point is that we lost a ton of players against a cupcake in '08 as well. Injuries can happen agaisnt any competition. What do want to do? Duck all tough opponents just to avoid injuryies? That isn't the Bison way. BRING ON THE COMPETITION! Right? We don't run from the competition, we run into it.

Completely understand your point. Facts are we had some devastating injuries last weekend. I would love to get the opportunity to play the likes of Nebraska, although K-State should finish top 25 this year. However, this year was not the right time to schedule that type of game (@CSU, @Nebraska, PV, @UNI, YSU) was my point and in my opinion the correct decision was made. Our conference is brutal enough and that should be our first objective. Again, I am thankful for the bye instead of a quick turnaround to Nebraska. NDSU has proved WE ARE the competition.

DePereBisonFan
09-11-2012, 01:55 PM

There was an article some time ago suggesting that better competition doesn't necessarily mean more injuries. I don't think the injuries are because we played an FBS school. Heagle's was a freak non-contact injury. Last year Zach Vraa got hurt against St. Francis or Lafayette, right?

DePereBisonFan
09-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Tyler suffered an ankle injury against Central Connecticut that basically ruined his senior season.

Players get hurt in practice. There might even be an argument that they get hurt more against the poorer teams with the less skilled athletes.

Mark May said something on College Gameday Final about FCS teams getting injured when they play the BCS teams. That's a load of BS. He's such a fool.

What an idiot. :facepalm:

CAS4127
09-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Hello!?!? Heagle, and Bruhn from what I understand, both suffered NON-CONTACT injuries--thnk about it. Lang's was contact, but not overly serious and we don't know how (whether contact or not) or if MWill was hurt in this game.

Big leaps of logic from some here!!

tony
09-11-2012, 03:14 PM
But, my original point is that we lost a ton of players against a cupcake in '08 as well. Injuries can happen agaisnt any competition. What do want to do? Duck all tough opponents just to avoid injuryies? That isn't the Bison way. BRING ON THE COMPETITION! Right? We don't run from the competition, we run over it.

fify. :)

Now in response to prior posts: Heck, this would have been a good year to play Nebraska - and we don't even know if Williams and Heagles injuries were contact injuries. If anything, when there are three knee injuries in a game, it gets you wondering if CSU's turf and NDSU's shoes weren't a good match. I agree with LGinG, this was just bad luck. I mean CSU was very physical, but then so are MVFC teams.

westnodak93bison
09-11-2012, 03:35 PM
fify. :)

Now in response to prior posts: Heck, this would have been a good year to play Nebraska - and we don't even know if Williams and Heagles injuries were contact injuries. If anything, when there are three knee injuries in a game, it gets you wondering if CSU's turf and NDSU's shoes weren't a good match. I agree with LGinG, this was just bad luck. I mean CSU was very physical, but then so are MVFC teams.

I was wondering the same about the turf/shoe combo. Anybody know more?

Bisonguy
09-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Probably is, not sure if it was altitude or what but he seemed gassed the first quarter, but he was esentially doing everything though. It could have been something then but hard to tell from watching live or on tv. Hope he is back soon and 100%.

I'd bet that Mwill was a little gassed after chasing down a 70 yard pass play followed nearly immediately by a huge kick return. That's a lot if running.

Answer Guy
09-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Had mine done a few years back. Threw the crutches away in less than a day and was waliking that afternoon. It took a few days of stretching, but was moving better than before within a week.

But you have to remember that these are college kids, not the physical specimen that is BlueBisonRock.

THE HERD
09-11-2012, 05:14 PM

It don't matter who your playing....injuries happen. Hell, Heagle blew his knee when no one was even near him, just cut wrong and the knee went.

56BISON73
09-11-2012, 10:25 PM
It don't matter who your playing....injuries happen. Hell, Heagle blew his knee when no one was even near him, just cut wrong and the knee went.

How many injuries did we have after the Wagner game? Quite a few if I remember correctly.

CAS4127
09-11-2012, 11:51 PM
My 4 major injuries occurred when I was in practice, while lifting weights, when one of my teammates decided to put a helmet on my elbow during a game (dislocated and it hurt) and when a dumbf@ck receiver clipped me in the knee when he had every opportunity to ear-hole me because I didn't keep my head on swivel while pursuing. That last one resulted in me losing and having removed 2/3rds of my right ACL.

Ya, it's all about the level of competion one is playing. (purple font)

stevdock
09-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Marcus get well quickly. If nothing else my son needs some more pointers on how to bait a QB to throw to a guy that is really covered. He only had two picks and if the rules would have let him run after the INT they probably would have been Pick-6's. I asked my son after the game if he baited the QB and he said not the first one, but YEP on the second one with a huge grin.

bisonmike2
09-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Marcus get well quickly. If nothing else my son needs some more pointers on how to bait a QB to throw to a guy that is really covered. He only had two picks and if the rules would have let him run after the INT they probably would have been Pick-6's. I asked my son after the game if he baited the QB and he said not the first one, but YEP on the second one with a huge grin.

Your son could learn alot from Marcus as he is great at baitin'. A master-baiter if there ever was one. Get well soon Marcus.

344Johnson
09-12-2012, 01:48 AM
My 4 major injuries occurred when I was in practice, while lifting weights, when one of my teammates decided to put a helmet on my elbow during a game (dislocated and it hurt) and when a dumbf@ck receiver clipped me in the knee when he had every opportunity to ear-hole me because I didn't keep my head on swivel while pursuing. That last one resulted in me losing and having removed 2/3rds of my right ACL.

CAS, if I was him I probably wouldn't want to hit you high either.

EndZoneQB
09-12-2012, 01:55 AM
CAS, if I was him I probably wouldn't want to hit you high either.

I disagree. He is exactly the guy you want to earhole, no offense. If you know he's a leader or a star on the team, you take every opportunity to get a clean de-cleater...

CAS4127
09-12-2012, 01:59 AM
I disagree. He is exactly the guy you want to earhole, no offense. If you know he's a leader or a star on the team, you take every opportunity to get a clean de-cleater...

Eff you, Tony, although I wish he had! My knee is still effed up!! Not gonna comment on head/brain. Plenty of your likes to do that without me adding fuel to fire!!

ndsubison1
09-12-2012, 03:16 AM

thats pretty neat

Sioux27
09-12-2012, 03:40 AM

CAS, 1) Lifting weights 2) Helmet to elbow (Dude....you said in practice and this was a game) 3) wide receiver (I completely agree on the du-b f-ck part) and 4) ????? I need to know what 4 was.......

Just having fun.......

FYI......I remember you playing a game up in Warren (high school days) and you "collided" with Mike Turgeon. Probably one of the best games I saw as a youngster and the first time I watched a guy play that was going to play for SU.

AjaxTheMighty
09-12-2012, 03:55 AM
thats pretty neat

How neat is that?

SamsRams
09-12-2012, 07:10 AM
I am struggling to find a post in here where someone said the injuries were from an FBS school. Shoot in my post I said it was because they played a lesser team. Yet some with genius logic claim they know what someone meant even though it was never said. The point is Gene and Craig know what they are doing from preparing the team to scheduling opponents. They have a recipe to get this team to where is needs to be. They felt playing Nebraska was not in this teams best interest and at the time I agreed with them.......now seeing these injuries I would assume those who didnt agree with not scheduling them would support the leadership at this fine university

td577
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I don't think Ndsu should ever schedule 2 fbs schools in one season. While I don't think the level of competition has any effect on injuries, I do think two of those games is asking a lot.

Look at last years gophers game. In the fourth quarter, the Bison players were gassed; even though they won. This is what should be normal between the two subdivisions of football. I would think Nebraska would be able to manage their depth very well. The Bison might win, but I can almost guarantee they will be sucking wind in the fourth qtr. This is when injuries happen.

Bison03
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM

The only educated guess I have on Marcus is after the punt he almost ran back he bent over with his hands on his knees. Of course, that could have been from tiredness or frustration from tripping so close to scoring.

A1pigskin
09-13-2012, 12:35 AM
I would hold him out for the next home game so the has three weeks to heal. Not worth losing him for the rest of the season.

EndZoneQB
09-13-2012, 01:20 AM
The only educated guess I have on Marcus is after the punt he almost ran back he bent over with his hands on his knees. Of course, that could have been from tiredness or frustration from tripping so close to scoring.

Watching the highlights it was either a stretch or him being extremely tired.

Rynomite
09-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Ugh.. Here's to a quick recovery for the guys.

heffray
09-14-2012, 05:44 PM
thats pretty neat

How neat is that?
pretty neat

westnodak93bison
09-15-2012, 01:11 AM
How did his surgery go?

SamsRams
09-15-2012, 01:30 AM
he says in a twitter response he will be back in a week

westnodak93bison
09-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Sweet!

stevdock
09-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Crazy to think that Marcus had surgery 8 days ago and he will be a game time decision this weekend. Whether he should or not is another story but considering he can amazes me.

westnodak93bison
09-19-2012, 02:39 AM
Modern medicine is amazing.

cbline
09-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Modern medicine is amazing.

In the words of "North Dallas Forty": Better football through chemistry.