PDA

View Full Version : Heagle

NDSUFan_Sav
09-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Left the game on crutches possible ACL, hope that's not the case!

JustinTyem
09-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Left the game on crutches possible ACL, hope that's not the case!We knew this on the GDT Thread,whe do we need another one???

DePereBisonFan
09-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Left the game on crutches possible ACL, hope that's not the case!

This is terrible news. Terrible.

I'm afraid it might be my fault. Didn't get to see the game until the 4th quarter, and it's one of the first things that happened after I started watching...

DePereBisonFan
09-09-2012, 02:24 AM
We knew this on the GDT Thread,whe do we need another one???

Heagle is a star and we need this as a one-stop shop thread.

Hammersmith
09-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Because this thread will be updated throughout the week as we learn more. It will also be the place to discuss the effects of his potential loss for the season(if it is an ACL). The GDT is not the place for that.

larson311
09-09-2012, 02:27 AM
Because this thread will be updated throughout the week as we learn more. It will also be the place to discuss the effects of his potential loss for the season(if it is an ACL). The GDT is not the place for that.

Agreed, I was going to do it myself, glad someone else created one.

JustinTyem
09-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Well,ok then. I think it is a Dislocated Knee Cap,Lets hope Im wrong

NFH Schlüssel
09-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Well,ok then. I think it is a Dislocated Knee Cap,Lets hope Im wrong

That's no day at the beach either!

JustinTyem
09-09-2012, 02:42 AM
That's no day at the beach either!Oh I know. In HS I watched a classmate push his knee cap back in place when he was playing basketball. His Kneecap went all the way to the back of his knee,and pushed it back. It was sick,and the knee surgery wasnt fun either!!!:(

bisonmike2
09-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Did'nt look good on the video feed but the radio made it sound like he was doing ok.

BisManBison
09-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Report from a friend in the stands was that he walked off on his own. Hopefully it's relatively minor, we need him

I cannot vouche as to the sobriety of the reporter.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Report from a friend in the stands was that he walked off on his own. Hopefully it's relatively minor, we need him

I cannot vouche as to the sobriety of the reporter.

You can walk just fine with a torn ACL. You need it for start, stop, change direction.

I would be willing to bet the money I won on this game its a torn ACL.

NDSUBowler
09-09-2012, 03:05 AM
Ugh, that would be a HUGE loss for NDSU. His skills will definitely be missed.

I defer you to the GaSo tape for evidence how important he is to our defense.

Wally
09-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Ugh, that would be a HUGE loss for NDSU. His skills will definitely be missed.

I defer you to the GaSo tape for evidence how important he is to our defense.

Speaking of our friends in GA

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322522643

extremerouge
If he tore his ACL and is done for the year, would he qualify for a medical redshirt?

td577
They can just put a cast on his knee. He will be fine.

NDSUstudent
09-09-2012, 03:09 AM
If he tore his ACL and is done for the year, would he qualify for a medical redshirt?

Yes, he only played in one game plus he didn't redshirt previously.

BisManBison
09-09-2012, 03:09 AM
I've torn an ACL, and while you can walk on it, you do not walk just fine, especially right after you blow it. I'm not saying all is well but I was a little optimistic after that report, but again, the reporter may have been so drunk it appeared to him that he walked off on his own.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Speaking of our friends in GA

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322522643

Saw that, couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.

NDSUstudent
09-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Saw that, couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.

Remember last week their fans on AGS were saying they would have rolled 40 on us with the QB they have now....so much for that theory I guess.

NorthernBison
09-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Yes, he only played in one game plus he didn't redshirt previously.

Then this will be a redshirt year. You only get 5 years but can get a 6th in some cases. The NCAA is kind of stingy on 6th years. It is never automatic.

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Bohl just confirmed torn ACL. done.

Edit: He was on Bison Rewind. Second best caller after Mike from Sioux Falls.

Wally
09-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Bohl just confirmed torn ACL. done.

shit balls

CaBisonFan
09-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Remember last week their fans on AGS were saying they would have rolled 40 on us with the QB they have now....so much for that theory I guess.

Two really famous words...would...& have...

heffray
09-09-2012, 03:22 AM
KVLY just reported Heagle has a torn ACL, likely out for the rest of the season.

extremerouge
09-09-2012, 03:23 AM
KVLY just reported Heagle has a torn ACL, likely out for the rest of the season.

Yeah, he and Bruhn both tore their ACLs...

CaBisonFan
09-09-2012, 03:23 AM
I'm wondering if Heagle wasn't hurt earlier. He didn't seem to be playing his usual game.

Sad

NDSUBowler
09-09-2012, 03:24 AM
That is really sad news. I hate to see ANY NDSU player go down with injury. The fact is is our top S just hurts that much more.

KTF
09-09-2012, 03:25 AM
I don't think we should rush Colton back, he has a lot of non-football life yet and missing a few games over it is not worth problems down the road.

heffray
09-09-2012, 03:27 AM
I've heard someone say Shephard is the back-up? How do we all feel about losing Heagle for the season? Does this ultimately effect us in the W/L column?

td577
09-09-2012, 03:28 AM
This sucks but every team in the nation will face adversity at some point of the season. Maybe the blessing in all of this is happening early in the season where it will give some guys some serious playing time before the real meat of the schedule.

KTF
09-09-2012, 03:33 AM
I've heard someone say Shephard is the back-up? How do we all feel about losing Heagle for the season? Does this ultimately effect us in the W/L column?I believe Sheppard is the back up, after that not sure... VanHoris(SP?) maybe Ollman?

BisonTeacher
09-09-2012, 03:34 AM
DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgia southern fans are starting to feel hope again.

BisonNation11
09-09-2012, 03:43 AM
DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgia southern fans are starting to feel hope again.

After they got beat today, all the hope they have is in the bottom of the closest liquor bottle. And I will not take anything away from Heagle, but I think anyone at that position on this team could have made the plays he did. He had an assignment, and he dominated it!

stevdock
09-09-2012, 03:44 AM
We are definitely going to find out what kind of team we have. This team has already been faced with a ton of adversity and lack of focus and dedication by some. Both players are very good players and will be missed but I expect their backups to be coached up and ready to go. I also expect not just their backups but other players stepping up to fill the void.

NDSUstudent
09-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Heagle did miss some time last year and we did fine but he does somethings that will be very hard to replace. He really is a force when we play spread or option teams, the guy is just so great in run support.

WRSDBison
09-09-2012, 03:47 AM

Because not all of us follow GDT and some of us have way more important things going on in our lives than to re-read a game thread. Thank you OP for posting this.

JustinTyem
09-09-2012, 03:51 AM
I think #8 Andre Martin will be the SS.

WRSDBison
09-09-2012, 03:52 AM
I believe Sheppard is the back up, after that not sure... VanHoris(SP?) maybe Ollman?

Wasn't it Ollman that played when Heagle missed a few games last year?

The_Sicatoka
09-09-2012, 03:54 AM
Speedy and full recovery to the two injured folks (the DB and the TE that KVLY news mentioned).
You put all the other stuff aside and these are young people who need to two good knees for life after college and football.

GradBison
09-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Wasn't it Ollman that played when Heagle missed a few games last year?

It was Pike.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-09-2012, 03:57 AM
remember last week their fans on ags were saying they would have rolled 40 on us with the qb they have now....so much for that theory i guess.

gata

10 char

KTF
09-09-2012, 03:57 AM
Wasn't it Ollman that played when Heagle missed a few games last year? I honestly don't remember...

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-09-2012, 03:59 AM
I don't think we should rush Colton back, he has a lot of non-football life yet and missing a few games over it is not worth problems down the road.

ACL is for the entire year.......

Sad to say, he will never be the same. :(

NDSUstudent
09-09-2012, 03:59 AM
I honestly don't remember...

I think it was, the stats on Gobison from last year say he started in three games.

BadlandsBison
09-09-2012, 04:13 AM
I will never be the same :(

Colton kicks ass, no doubt

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

BisonEngrGirl
09-09-2012, 04:17 AM
What exactly happened? We couldn't see him on tv, looked like he was away from the play when it happened possibly? Badlands called the ACL immediately, why did he have to be right!?

CaBisonFan
09-09-2012, 04:21 AM
I will never forget how Colton took Georgia Southern apart. It was my only game last year.

Seems like this year will be a bigger struggle. Some roadblocks have begun to appear.

westnodak93bison
09-09-2012, 04:42 AM
Step back from the ledge my friends. Ollman is plenty capable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

silkamilkamonico
09-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Step back from the ledge my friends. Ollman is plenty capable.

You dont just replace a guy like Heagle. Dude is far too valuable.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

coloradobison
09-09-2012, 04:57 AM
What exactly happened? We couldn't see him on tv, looked like he was away from the play when it happened possibly? Badlands called the ACL immediately, why did he have to be right!?

It was a non-contract injury. He starting in on a blitz and then turned to go back out into coverage and just went down.

DjKyRo
09-09-2012, 05:10 AM
If there's anything we learned tonight, it's that our defense is deep enough to rely on more than a few guys. Mike Hardie had the game of his life tonight with a sack and a fumble recovery and prior to tonight hadn't been heard of on the box score. Someone will step up to replace Heagle and the defense will continue to be one of the best in the nation. As I recall, didn't Bobby Ollman step in last year and deliver a crucial pick-six while subbing in for Heagle?

Missing Colten is big, but not disastrous. We're just too deep on the defense to miss that much on one guy. All the same, a speedy recovery to #20.

westnodak93bison
09-09-2012, 05:18 AM
You dont just replace a guy like Heagle. Dude is far too valuable.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

You are right. May as well forfeit the rest of the season.

westnodak93bison
09-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Maybe Lekius is the next Heagle/Dahl

ndsubison1
09-09-2012, 05:22 AM
I believe Sheppard is the back up, after that not sure... VanHoris(SP?) maybe Ollman?

ollman is the backup ss

NDSUBowler
09-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Heagle was very valuable and will be missed but it is important to mention that ome of NDSUs strengths is our depth. We will Be capable with our replacements! Bohl will have them ready for the rest of the season and I am confident that we will not miss a beat for the rest of the season going forward!

ndsubison1
09-09-2012, 05:25 AM
If there's anything we learned tonight, it's that our defense is deep enough to rely on more than a few guys. Mike Hardie had the game of his life tonight with a sack and a fumble recovery and prior to tonight hadn't been heard of on the box score. Someone will step up to replace Heagle and the defense will continue to be one of the best in the nation. As I recall, didn't Bobby Ollman step in last year and deliver a crucial pick-six while subbing in for Heagle?

Missing Colten is big, but not disastrous. We're just too deep on the defense to miss that much on one guy. All the same, a speedy recovery to #20.

Ollman has shown he can be a quality player that can step in but heagle is very good against the run. We cannot underestimate this. I am confident that ollman will step up but not quite on the same level as heagle

DjKyRo
09-09-2012, 05:29 AM
Ollman has shown he can be a quality player that can step in but heagle is very good against the run. We cannot underestimate this. I am confident that ollman will step up but not quite on the same level as heagle

Luckily we have ten other guys starting that can help. We'll be fine from this.

BisonEngrGirl
09-09-2012, 05:36 AM
It was a non-contract injury. He starting in on a blitz and then turned to go back out into coverage and just went down.
That is so sad. He is such an amazing athlete and a very smart defensive player. I'm sure Ollman is capable, but Heagle is not the sort of player someone can just step in and fully replace. Heagle made the difference against Georgia Southern. I feel bad for him having to sit out again. But, Bison will prevail!

DjKyRo
09-09-2012, 06:04 AM
This one goes out to the one and only Golden Eagle. May his talons stay forever sharp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33DWqRyAAUw

mhyer63
09-09-2012, 01:50 PM

I was at the game, and watching the play I was concentrating my attention to the other side and missed what happened to Heagle. And no replay of it to see what happened, so the whole trip back until now I was going nuts trying to get/hear some news, man this sucks, both for the team and especially Colten. But I'm sure the backups will be chomping at the bits to get in there and show their stuff so the secondary should be fine. Maybe, if duck tape is as good as I think it is he should just wrap his knee and he will actually be stronger than he was before.

A1pigskin
09-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Against GS he only play with one good arm.

IBleedYellow
09-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I was cheering for that play until I saw Heagle go down, then my dad goes "What's wrong?!?

I pretty much yelled out that Heagle's ACL got torn, I watched it happen real-time, he didn't really hit anyone. Such a sad loss for the Bison family and Colton himself. He is a stud and knows what to do on opposing offenses. Ollman is a great replacement though. The Bison defense machine will keep on rolling.

A1pigskin
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM
He looked like he was in a lot of pain. Bohls said he walked off the field on his own.

BisoninNWMN
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I was cheering for that play until I saw Heagle go down, then my dad goes "What's wrong?!?

I pretty much yelled out that Heagle's ACL got torn, I watched it happen real-time, he didn't really hit anyone. Such a sad loss for the Bison family and Colton himself. He is a stud and knows what to do on opposing offenses. Ollman is a great replacement though. The Bison defense machine will keep on rolling.

Yep

Heagle is a loss but the defense will not lose a beat.

BadlandsBison
09-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Now the option teams gain a step on the Bison I'm afraid. Particularly uni and youngstown now make me very nervous. Thoughts?

BisoninNWMN
09-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Now the option teams gain a step on the Bison I'm afraid. Particularly uni and youngstown now make me very nervous. Thoughts?

They are spread teams.

Plus our front 7 are very good along with our corners. They are good teams but our defense is very good also.

Both games will be tough but I expect Bison wins in both.

WRSDBison
09-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Heagle is a great player, I get that.

But some of you people make it sound like he died. Medical technology has made such fantastic strides lately that (as long as it was a clean tear and it's only the ACL) he'll be back next year and will look like nothing ever happened. Remember, we've had many a player go down with ACL's in the last decade or so. They have all come back with no side effects.

bisonmike2
09-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Heagle is a great player, I get that.

But some of you people make it sound like he died. Medical technology has made such fantastic strides lately that (as long as it was a clean tear and it's only the ACL) he'll be back next year and will look like nothing ever happened. Remember, we've had many a player go down with ACL's in the last decade or so. They have all come back with no side effects.

http://www.whoaorno.com/images/986.jpg

We have the technology, we can rebuild him. Golden Heagle 2.0

I saw someone on AGS post something like, "Can't we just get him a club foot?"

IBleedYellow
09-09-2012, 04:18 PM
They are spread teams.

Plus our front 7 are very good along with our corners. They are good teams but our defense is very good also.

Both games will be tough but I expect Bison wins in both.

Our linebackers have INSANE closing speed. We will be fine against speed offense. I think Ws will be recorded. Long hard fought Ws

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ndsubison1
09-09-2012, 06:58 PM

two teams with good running games

NDSUFan_Sav
09-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Heagle did miss some time last year and we did fine but he does somethings that will be very hard to replace. He really is a force when we play spread or option teams, the guy is just so great in run support.

We also had a nice player in John Pike who made some very big plays for us.

MAKBison
09-09-2012, 07:31 PM
ACL is for the entire year.......

Sad to say, he will never be the same. :(

Why would you say this. Yes, ACL is worse than MCL. but its not the the dreaded triple tear----ACL, MCL and knee cap injury. Plenty of players come back from ACL injuries

HerdBot
09-09-2012, 07:32 PM
This is a big loss. Yes, Ollman can step in and we wont too much but Ollman has also playing linebacker.

We have so many guys who can step in. Ollman, Shepherd, Martin, and Champion and Smith are waiting for their opportunity. And we dont play a good team for 3 weeks so time is on our side

bisontwice
09-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Terrible triad has nothing to with knee cap but a meniscus tear. Hope he does great but plenty of players don't do well at this level. Could do a rundown of recent players but won't.

344Johnson
09-09-2012, 10:46 PM
This is horrible news that he was hurt. Can only hope our front four keeps up the good work and makes it easy for the secondary.

BisonNation11
09-09-2012, 10:50 PM
With Dudzy roaming in the depths just waiting to lay someone out or make another pick, I have no fear of drop-off from SS position. So to all on-coming offenses, BRING IT! Ollman will be waiting for you, if you get passed the other side of the line!

southcliffbison
09-09-2012, 10:54 PM
With Dudzy roaming in the depths just waiting to lay someone out or make another pick, I have no fear of drop-off from SS position. So to all on-coming offenses, BRING IT! Ollman will be waiting for you, if you get passed the other side of the line!

I'm going to throw this out ......... Esley played great Safety in high school and probably would be a better fit for him than LB....... just a thought.

loudsilverado
09-09-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm going to throw this out ......... Esley played great Safety in high school and probably would be a better fit for him than LB....... just a thought.

That's what I was thinking. I hope Heagle heals up, tough break. He's a great player!

td577
09-09-2012, 11:57 PM
I heard Bohl once say the safety positions on this defense are interchangeable. This being the case, there is no concern about fs or SS, just a guy that can play safety.

HerdBot
09-10-2012, 04:17 AM
I heard Bohl once say the safety positions on this defense are interchangeable. This being the case, there is no concern about fs or SS, just a guy that can play safety.

Some of the other guys are better in coverage but they dont lay the wood like Heagle.

BisonEngrGirl
09-10-2012, 04:46 AM
Some of the other guys are better in coverage but they dont lay the wood like Heagle.

This is very true. He is almost irreplaceable on some of those run plays that get around the end. He really puts the hurt on.

td577
09-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Through two games, the team tackling looks better. Other than MW going low on a couple of plays and taking legs out, everyone looks like they are doing a better job of wrapping up. While Heagle seems to have a knack for hitting hard and tackling, the key is still the tackling part. As long as there is someone still out on the edge bringing someone down, they will be ok. The hurt part was always an added bonus.

HerdBot
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Can he medical redshirt? Since Heagle played as a true freshman, does that mean we will have him for 1 more year? This team will be losing a ton of guys so in a strange way that could be a blessing in disguise if its true

bri-dog
09-10-2012, 03:47 PM
I was talking with a couple friends about that yesterday. I'd think he'd be able to get a medical redshirt...

moosbah
09-10-2012, 03:49 PM
It's a sh!tty deal that Heagle is out, no doubt, but I am kinda glad it happened when it did. Next game is a cupcake and the replacement (whoever it is) will have two good weeks of practice, plus that game to play and get ready for the Valley schedule.

phxbison
09-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Colten is a favorite of mine and his injury will be a big loss. However, I remember last year when he was injured Bobby Ollman did an outstanding job ! There is no doubt in my mind that he will do a great job replacing Colton. As a senior he has certainly earned it and he has paid his dues. And if they dicide not to move Ollman that means we have someone even more capable to fill that spot. I'm sure we'll find out today who is going to fill Colton's spot.

THEsocalledfan
09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
I am sure the biggest thing to watch will to see how much run support suffers without Heagle. Honestly, he reminded me of Joey Browner in his prime; a safety who is fearless and plays like a LB, and also can cover people.

KTF
09-10-2012, 03:56 PM
What about Thorton, I know it has been mentioned previously. Does he get a legit shot at a very minimum as backup?

NDSU '96
09-10-2012, 03:57 PM
The depth in the secondary makes me confident that a capable replacement will step up, but what is unlikely to be replaced is Heagle's ability to diagnose a play and close without hesitation. I don't think I've seen a safety do it better at this level. You don't have to be the fastest or most physically gifted guy on the field when you can figure out what is coming faster than anyone else.

phxbison
09-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I find it hard to beleive that nobody is saying anything about Garrett Bruhn and his injury. I thought he went down Saturday with an ACL injury also.

KTF
09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I find it hard to beleive that nobody is saying anything about Garrett Bruhn and his injury. I thought he went down Saturday with an ACL injury also. yah I wondered that too... are they both the same diagnosis and estimated time away from the field?

KSBisonFan
09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I find it hard to beleive that nobody is saying anything about Garrett Bruhn and his injury. I thought he went down Saturday with an ACL injury also.

I agree. Bruhn has always been solid. I'm interested in his status as far as coming back next season. I know he's a senior but maybe he'd ask the NCAA for a medical redshirt? Hate to see his career end this way. Somebody in the know could advise. I wish Colton, Garrett and Lang speedy recoveries.

phxbison
09-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I agree. Bruhn has always been solid. I'm interested in his status as far as coming back next season. I know he's a senior but maybe he'd ask the NCAA for a medical redshirt? Hate to see his career end this way. Somebody in the know could advise. I wish Colton, Garrett and Lang speedy recoveries. If it is true that Garrett suffered a season ending injury (and possibly a career ending injury) I think that bisonville is showing him a complete lack of respect for his contributions to the team by only talking about Colten's injury!

Bisonwinagn
09-10-2012, 04:55 PM
If it is true that Garrett suffered a season ending injury (and possibly a career ending injury) I think that bisonville is showing him a complete lack of respect for his contributions to the team by only talking about Colten's injury!

Maybe once the injury is confirmed you could start a new thread since this one is about Heagle.

CAS4127
09-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Maybe once the injury is confirmed you could start a new thread since this one is about Heagle.

Does Bohl have a presser today?!

tcbison
09-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Does Bohl have a presser today?!

He's speaking right now and will be on 740 the fan after that.

KTF
09-10-2012, 05:39 PM
He's speaking right now and will be on 740 the fan after that. Listened to the last few minutes. Jack Michaels didn't say anything in recap about Garrett, anyone hear the whole conversation as to the injury report? SOunds like 100% accurate diagnosis hasn't happened yet for Heagle as MRi results aren't back yet. Jack said it didn't sound good.

CAS4127
09-10-2012, 05:41 PM
I listened. Bruhn may not be as serious as first thought--possible he may be back, but didn't specify when.

Heagle--no MRI results yet, but he said (paraphrasing) remote possibility it may not be as bad as first thought, but doesn't look promising.

Easly to FS for reps in practice. Ollman will get reps as FS and Sam.

KTF
09-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the update Charlie!!

bisonmike2
09-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I listened. Bruhn may not be as serious as first thought--possible he may be back, but didn't specify when.

Heagle--no MRI results yet, but he said (paraphrasing) remote possibility it may not be as bad as first thought, but doesn't look promising.

If true and Bruhn comes back he's like the Terminatrix from Terminator 3. That chick got hit by a semi, thrown down an elevator shaft, hit by an helicopter and stuck to a CERN type research magnet and kept coming back for more.

BisonNeil
09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I am absolutely shocked at how little some of you BVers remember, or even know, who plays where last year, and this year. For the record:

Olman is the back up SS.

Shephard is the back up FS.

Pike was the back up FS last year (to Eaves).

Van Voorhis is likely now the back up SS unless someone gets moved.

I wonder if Brantley will get his redshirt pulled or if a CB will get moved ahead of Van Voorhis?

Did anyone else notice that after the blown coverage for a TD Pierre sat most of the rest of the game and was replaced by Martin? He only came in at the end of the game when Heagle went down. It looked to me that Marcus Williams was moved into the SS spot, but then again, they were in nickel coverage.

tcbison
09-10-2012, 08:37 PM
I am absolutely shocked at how little some of you BVers remember, or even know, who plays where last year, and this year. For the record:

Olman is the back up SS.

I wonder if Brantley will get his redshirt pulled or if a CB will get moved ahead of Van Voorhis?

Did anyone else notice that after the blown coverage for a TD Pierre sat most of the rest of the game and was replaced by Martin? He only came in at the end of the game when Heagle went down. It looked to me that Marcus Williams was moved into the SS spot, but then again, they were in nickel coverage.

I noticed that Pierre wasn't out there and was wondering if it was because of the blown coverage. Martin played quite well when he got in there. Also for the people asking about Esley Thorton it sounds like he has a hamstring issue to deal with.

tolnabison
09-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Olman is the back up SS.

Heagle was our Nickel (Slot corner) all of last year and this year. Shepard comes in at FS, Dudzik moves to SS. When Heagle went out, they moved Marcus to Slot, and our corners were Martin and Pierre. Martin has looked really good so far, granted he is very experienced. Pierre is talented, but the guy in front of me at the game, said the coaching staff is dealing with mental stuff with him (Don't ask me how he knows?). Maybe that was the blown coverage, leading to him not playing much after that?

NDSUstudent
09-10-2012, 11:00 PM

Looks Heagle's MRI didn't go so well, he posted this on twitter...

Today starts the long road to recovery.

http://twitter.com/heags20/status/245280454788390913

A1pigskin
09-10-2012, 11:11 PM
What injury did Shamen Washington have?

NDSUstudent
09-10-2012, 11:19 PM

Multiple knee injuries....ACL and meniscus tear in his right knee and also a meniscus tear in his left knee.

td577
09-11-2012, 12:35 AM

Have? I thought he was still on the roster.

17>1
09-11-2012, 01:18 AM
Hey CAS, should we chime in about our thoughts on Free Safeties and Strong Safeties? Nah, I'm letting this one go.

b15on
09-11-2012, 03:47 AM
Good news for NDSU: Garrett Bruhn out 2-4 weeks, not season ending ACL.

https://twitter.com/fgosportswriter/status/245363832107700224

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tony
09-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Good news for NDSU: Garrett Bruhn out 2-4 weeks, not season ending ACL.

https://twitter.com/fgosportswriter/status/245363832107700224

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news! Man, he had a huge catch to start the CSU game.

BisonNation11
05-31-2013, 02:00 AM
The Golden Eagle has been released into the wilderness after rehabilitation.*

*Relax, it's just a bird.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/30/ny-rare-golden-eagle-freed/2372927/?csp=fbfanpage

tjbison
05-31-2013, 02:17 AM
The Golden Eagle has been released into the wilderness after rehabilitation.*

*Relax, it's just a bird.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/30/ny-rare-golden-eagle-freed/2372927/?csp=fbfanpage

so this actually doesn't have anything to do with Colton.........ignore for you......

BisonNation11
05-31-2013, 03:04 AM
so this actually doesn't have anything to do with Colton.........ignore for you......

I guess that's how you see it. I see it as Heagle The Golden Eagle being released medically to get back out into the wild to roam and reek havoc to those he deems as prey. It's a comparison to the man himself and it's the off season. Try and be light-hearted and see this for what it is. Nature's way of telling us the man, the myth, the legend will return stronger than ever.

tjbison
05-31-2013, 03:23 AM
I guess that's how you see it. I see it as Heagle The Golden Eagle being released medically to get back out into the wild to roam and reek havoc to those he deems as prey. It's a comparison to the man himself and it's the off season. Try and be light-hearted and see this for what it is. Nature's way of telling us the man, the myth, the legend will return stronger than ever.

I'm pretty sure you missed my humor in this.......or did I miss yours???

BisonFan02
05-31-2013, 03:34 AM

Hey, what a gosh darn minute...I thought you had him on ignore?!?! :D

tjbison
05-31-2013, 03:40 AM
Hey, what a gosh darn minute...I thought you had him on ignore?!?! :D

damn I thought so also

BisonNation11
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM

Both? I know I missed yours. I take ignores pretty suriously... :biggrin:

TransAmBison
05-31-2013, 12:54 PM
Anybody know what tj and 11 are gossiping about? I've got them both on ignore.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Anybody know what tj and 11 are gossiping about? I've got them both on ignore.

You know the usual. Clothes, shoes, hairspray; stuff like that.