PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to you .......................

JustinTyem
09-07-2012, 06:39 AM
"But the point is that athletes already have a 12-month, full-time job they can’t get out of: their sport. They have to pay rent. They have to eat." http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/373549/

ndsubison1
09-07-2012, 06:45 AM
why student athletes cant profit from their fair market value is absurd.

JustinTyem
09-07-2012, 06:49 AM
why student athletes cant profit from their fair market value is absurd.Right,some kids dont have parents that can afford to keep the kids on campus all summer and workout everyday and eat and sleep in a non-university or college housing(Dorm) facility.

gotts
09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Right,some kids dont have parents that can afford to keep the kids on campus all summer and workout everyday and eat and sleep in a non-university or college housing(Dorm) facility.

In all fairness, off campus living was much, much cheaper than on campus living.

bisonmike2
09-07-2012, 02:23 PM
In all fairness, off campus living was much, much cheaper than on campus living.

Not for me. Rent was cheaper but my beer and alcohol expense went way way up.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Not for me. Rent was cheaper but my beer and alcohol expense went way way up.

Yeah Hams can get pretty expensive.

bisonmike2
09-07-2012, 05:13 PM

I worked at a liquor store so I often "splurged" on Bud Light which for a broke college student was like buying a bottle of Dom. But yeah Hamms can get expensive if your buying several 30 packs a week.

southcliffbison
09-07-2012, 05:13 PM

What do you have against Hamms beer? I grow up on Hamms........I went from my mother's breast to Hamms beer...........to a heavy drinker as myself, all beer tastes the same with tomato juice.

SDbison
09-07-2012, 05:16 PM
What do you have against Hamms beer? I grow up on Hamms........I went from my mother's breast to Hamms beer...........to a heavy drinker as myself, all beer tastes the same with tomato juice.
I can relate.......sounds like me, my father and my grandfather too.........

cbline
09-07-2012, 05:18 PM

If you have to add tomato juice to a beer, then it must be piss poor. Good beer stands on its own.

Bison03
09-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Thread drift but I like the topic. I remember the days of being a poor college student. If it didn't come in a 36 pack, it was too expensive. If you couldn't see the bottom of your glass through your beer, it was probably too expensive. If you needed a bottle opener to open it, it was too expensive. How did I ever drink that gross stuff is beyond me.

CaBisonFan
09-07-2012, 06:51 PM
His point about being worried that a 2nd check might be at the bottom of the locker if there's a legit. check waiting for them......if there isn't a legit. check, who's to say that the bad check isn't there anyway?

walknroehl
09-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Thread drift but I like the topic. I remember the days of being a poor college student. If it didn't come in a 36 pack, it was too expensive. If you couldn't see the bottom of your glass through your beer, it was probably too expensive. If you needed a bottle opener to open it, it was too expensive. How did I ever drink that gross stuff is beyond me.

What nonsense are you talking about?? I couldn't see the bottom of my glass through my beer....oh wait I was supposed to. It wasn't dark beer...

AmberValley
09-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Oh yeah, the college budget. I remember for $3, you could buy a case of 'Black Label' beer. This was in the late 1980's. Also easy on the budget was 'Schaefer' beer and 'Pfeiffer' beer. Commonly causing the Schaefer Shits and Pfeiffer Farts.

BlueBisonRock
09-08-2012, 01:36 AM
You have't drunk crappy beer until you drank Billy beer. And some douchebag selected it for our weekend canoe trip because he got a deal. I wonder if the wildlife has returned to the Crow Wing River since that weekend.

td577
09-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Oh yeah, the college budget. I remember for $3, you could buy a case of 'Black Label' beer. This was in the late 1980's. Also easy on the budget was 'Schaefer' beer and 'Pfeiffer' beer. Commonly causing the Schaefer Shits and Pfeiffer Farts.

You needed a bottle opener for pfeiffer because it was so cheap it didn't have a twist top. You would get 1/2 your money back through recycling. Lots of pfeiffer and black label when I was too young. My favorite was Schmidt big mouths back in the day. But that was only for special occasions.

BlueBisonRock
09-08-2012, 02:07 AM
You needed a bottle opener for pfeiffer because it was so cheap it didn't have a twist top. You would get 1/2 your money back through recycling. Lots of pfeiffer and black label when I was too young. My favorite was Schmidt big mouths back in the day. But that was only for special occasions.

I remember buying a six pack of these for my Mother in Law in my younger days. She finally did talk to me again about a decade later.

KilldeerBison
09-08-2012, 02:12 AM
You have't drunk crappy beer until you drank Billy beer. And some douchebag selected it for our weekend canoe trip because he got a deal. I wonder if the wildlife has returned to the Crow Wing River since that weekend.

Toilet water with fizz, stuff was terrible, Billy Carter!

perthbison
09-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Oh yeah, the college budget. I remember for $3, you could buy a case of 'Black Label' beer. This was in the late 1980's. Also easy on the budget was 'Schaefer' beer and 'Pfeiffer' beer. Commonly causing the Schaefer Shits and Pfeiffer Farts.You forgot milwaukee's best. Drank some old milwaukee back in the 80's. It was a mid to cheaper brand at that time but the surprising thing is that I thought it was good. Can't stand it today.

KilldeerBison
09-08-2012, 02:43 AM
You forgot milwaukee's best. Drank some old milwaukee back in the 80's. It was a mid to cheaper brand at that time but the surprising thing is that I thought it was good. Can't stand it today.

Old Milwaukee Lite, now that stuff was bad!