PDA

View Full Version : College Sports Journal Conference Preview

tolnabison
08-25-2012, 04:25 PM
NDSU 1, Youngstown 2, Illinois St 3, Indiana St 4, UNI 5....

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/246-missouri-valley-preview-mvfc-looks-to-top-last-year

Nice job DjKyro on the article.

Thought it was funny UND was picked 11th out of 13 teams.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/264-big-sky-preview-ewu-looks-to-rebound-to-fcs-championship-form-in-expanded-league

bri-dog
08-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks, Brent -- see you in Fort Collins???

Nice job, Kyle...

HandoEX
08-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Coach of the Year: Eric Wolford, Youngstown State
This one got me going. He is a terrible coach.

Also, there is no way UNI ends up 5th. 2nd or 3rd, maaaaaybe 4th. I could see them winning the conference more than I could see them ending up 5th in the MVFC.

tolnabison
08-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks, Brent -- see you in Fort Collins???

Nice job, Kyle...

Can't wait bri-dog. Counting down the days. There's been a couple bison meetings discussing what the plan is at the old pub.

Herd
08-25-2012, 05:29 PM

Also, there is no way UNI ends up 5th. 2nd or 3rd, maaaaaybe 4th. I could see them winning the conference more than I could see them ending up 5th in the MVFC.

Wolford is not very likeable, I get that. Kinda reminds me of the arrogant prixx from Towson who would push his mom out of the way to be first in line.

But a terrible coach? . . . I'll give Wolford more credit than that. I think he is a pretty good coach with a one track mind for winning. The kind of guy you love to hate if your on the opposing team.

DjKyRo
08-25-2012, 10:40 PM

Turned YSU into the only team that could beat NDSU last year and has them trending upward. Gotta dig that. As for UNI, I think they have too many question marks to put them ahead of YSU and Illinois State. The Redbirds got really close to beating them last year and the teams are heading in opposite directions with Matt Brown back for ISU and UNI losing a bunch. Shakir Bell puts Indiana State ahead of the Panthers too, I think. I know UNI has a strong tradition of winning regardless but I don't see enough to warrant them ahead of the four at the top. Just my take, of course.

Gully
08-25-2012, 10:42 PM

Well, he found a way to beat NDSU last year.

HandoEX
08-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Well, he found a way to beat NDSU last year.
He also individually lost the game for his team against NDSU the year before. A coach should never lose a game for his team and that is exactly what he did.

CaBisonFan
08-26-2012, 01:15 AM
UNI...still our toughest game on the schedule...and will be in the top 3 in the MVFC again.

Tatanka
08-26-2012, 03:58 PM
NDSU 1, Youngstown 2, Illinois St 3, Indiana St 4, UNI 5....

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/246-missouri-valley-preview-mvfc-looks-to-top-last-year

Nice job DjKyro on the article.

Thought it was funny UND was picked 11th out of 13 teams.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/264-big-sky-preview-ewu-looks-to-rebound-to-fcs-championship-form-in-expanded-leaguewait a second. So a totally legit 25 team from last year that's supposedly better this year (best ever??) is only 11th out of 13 in teh big fluffy?
daaaayum that's a tough conference.... Or maybe, just maybe........

houndawg
08-26-2012, 04:58 PM
UNI...still our toughest game on the schedule...and will be in the top 3 in the MVFC again.

:facepalm: