PDA

View Full Version : ESPN-U article on Bohl/Gopher job

Trimmy
01-12-2007, 02:39 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2728260&campaign=rss&source=NCAAHeadlines

sambini
01-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the link Trim.

lakesbison
01-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Get used to more of this.

Bohl is definitely being floated by twin cities media.

WCCO and KFAN talked about it tonight.

My opinion..... "Maturi knows NDSU and BOHL, etc are in the living rooms of potential recruits, gives U of M/NDSU recruits the impression that Bohl might come to Minnesota"

Which aint happening, even though I would love BOHL to get the job and continue the UMinn-NDSU rivarly for years to come PLUS Tressel to OSU, Bohl to UMINN.

it would be comparable. (the youngstown to NDSU example that is)

NDSUFREAK10
01-12-2007, 03:14 AM
That is another greatly written article. I still dont know why the goofers would want to consider hireing an FCS coach when they have some options in the FBS. Sure, probably to save money, but why would you do that if you can have better experience. Not to down play Coach Bohl, but he doesnt have the big time experience to go week in and week out as the head coach to succeed. At times I am glad about that since it makes it less possible for a team like minnesota to try to hire him. ;) I am pretty positive that in the next 3-5 that he will start to get VERY serious offers from other big schools (FBS). That is the fact that I dont like.

IowaBison
01-12-2007, 03:23 AM
?

Bohl was the DC at Nebraska for 3 years.

He is qualified for the position.

lakesbison
01-12-2007, 03:30 AM
He's got a Nat' Champ ring from nebraska?

Tressel went from YSU to OSU,

Bohl could be NDSU to UMinn.

plus Pat Perles' father is bitime with Mich State, Big Ten. ties.

maturi knows Bohl.

Bohl is in the living rooms of MANY U/Minn recruits, could be a way to get these guys.

kchats
01-12-2007, 03:33 AM
You have to be kidding me. Coach Bohl is a very good coach and good coaches are good no matter what level they coach at. It helps to have support from the administration but coaches succeed when they know what they are doing. Coach Bohl knows exactly what he wants to do with both his offensive scheme and defensive scheme and he knows what types of players fit those systems. All the opposing coaches have said NDSU is very well prepared and well coached after playing them, that will not change at Minnesota if he gets the job. If Minnesota hires Coach Bohl they will win with Coach Bohl and they will win fairly quickly. His schemes mesh very well and it helps the Bison control the games.

Bison_Dan
01-12-2007, 12:30 PM
For selfish reasons I hope coach Bohl doesn't get the job, but can you imagine what quality coaching applications we'll get if he does? Which assistant coach in the country wouldn't want to come to NDSU!

lakesbison
01-12-2007, 04:18 PM
It's a sweet time to be on espn.com so much this early in transition!!

just wait til our Mid Con run, or our FBS championship run!!!!

go bison!!

2006gwfcchamps
01-12-2007, 04:49 PM
The guy from USC seems like he could be the one.

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2007, 05:30 PM
All I can say is "Houstan, we have a problem...."

I honestly thought the Gophers were too dumb to think about Bohl........They may become my favorite D1-A college if they hire him.

NDSUFREAK10
01-12-2007, 06:54 PM
geez, it seems like people are almost making it seem they are wishing him to go. I never said that he was a bad coach. That would be stupid to say. I am just trying to point out some of my opinions on why he SHOULDNT BE MINNESOTAS COACH. I dont want him to leave and I want him to say. Instead of saying on how great a coach he would be at minnesota, say how much BETTER HE WILL GET AT NDSU!

DenverBison05
01-12-2007, 07:50 PM
geez, it seems like people are almost making it seem they are wishing him to go. I never said that he was a bad coach. That would be stupid to say. I am just trying to point out some of my opinions on why he SHOULDNT BE MINNESOTAS COACH. I dont want him to leave and I want him to say. Instead of saying on how great a coach he would be at minnesota, say how much BETTER HE WILL GET AT NDSU!

The reason why people jumped all over what you said was because it was inaccurate. *You stated that Bohl didn't have BCS experience and people were just pointing out the Bohl does have experience as a BCS DC.

. Not to down play Coach Bohl, but he doesnt have the big time experience to go week in and week out as the head coach to succeed.

NDSUFREAK10
01-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Well I'm trying to find something out of the blue to try to get people to actually look like they want him to stay here! I guess I can now say that the reason he is successful is that he did come from FBS before FCS. I have as much repsect for Coach Bohl as the next guy, but the thing that I am trying to say is that there are so many other options that go for Coach Bohl as their next head coach. Go for Coker, or Kiffin, or anyother coach that coaches for the FBS right now.

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2007, 08:19 PM
The ONLY reason why anyone would say Bohl would not be a good hire is because they selfishly want him to stay at NDSU, and no other reason whatsoever.

NDSUFREAK10
01-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Job Offered??? (http://minnesota.rivals.com/)
Thanks Sambini for that heads up on another thread.

THEsocalledfan
01-12-2007, 08:57 PM
The ONLY reason why anyone would say Bohl would not be a good hire is because they selfishly want him to stay at NDSU, and no other reason whatsoever.

Agreed. No one WANTS him to leave, yet we want him to be as successful in his career as possible. I am going to be a very happy camper if he stays, but how could one be upset if he left?

Mr._Bill
01-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Maturi knows deep down that Bohl is the right hire to hit the ground running and take MN to a new level. But all the pressure will be in another direction.

NDSUFREAK10
01-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Maturi knows deep down that Bohl is the right hire to hit the ground running and take MN to a new level. *But all the pressure will be in another direction.

That is what hurts to hear.

NDSUFREAK10
01-13-2007, 02:03 AM
Job Offered??? (http://minnesota.rivals.com/)
Thanks Sambini for that heads up on another thread.

ALERT! ALERT!
According to a poster on Gopherhole, Kiffin has been INTERVIEWED ONLY (http://p218.ezboard.com/USC-sources-say-Kiffin-just-interviewed-no-job-offer/fthehole84398frm7.showMessage?topicID=15111.topic)

TheDoctor
01-13-2007, 04:00 AM
So what then? He's been offered the job? :D

kchats
01-13-2007, 04:01 AM
Here is an article from Bison Zone that discusses the contract Coach Bohl signed in 2005. It is a 7 year deal that has 2 voidable years. He has to buy out NDSU if he goes to another FCS team but can go to another FBS team (I thought it meant head coaching job but I could be wrong).

http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=article_full&id=104713

You do need to be a Bison Zone subscriber to read the story I believe.

NDSUFREAK10
01-13-2007, 05:26 PM
So what then? *He's been offered the job? * :D

Nope. Gopher Illustrated reported that Kiffin was offered the job but they reported it wrong and it was only an interview instead.

MN_BISONS
01-14-2007, 04:18 AM
KSTP in MPLS reported tonight that Bobby Hauck from Montana has been interviewed for the job. Mike Max on the local CBS station brought up Huack's name too as well as coach Bohl. He called Bohl a "builder".

MinotBison
01-14-2007, 04:21 AM
So Bohl is still under consideration?

MN_BISONS
01-14-2007, 04:25 AM
Well if you listen to the media, I would say yes but a long shot. Maxy listed off about 6 or 7 guys. He also brought up the TCU coach and called him a builder as well, although I thought he pulled his name, not sure though.