PDA

View Full Version : John Crockett Cleared To Play

onbison09
08-18-2012, 05:08 AM
Izzo just retweeted a tweet from Crockett saying that he's cleared. :nod:

BisonNation11
08-18-2012, 05:10 AM
KingJCrock_23 Its offical. I WAS cleared by the NCAA today so blessed.

CaBisonFan
08-18-2012, 05:46 AM
Is JC a pass catcher? Anybody seen him catching screen passes? That's where we had a big loss with DJ.

Based on what I've read about him over the past year or two, it looks like we have another big-time back.

The Lost Dutchman
08-18-2012, 06:42 AM
All I will say is even if John Crockett doesn't do anything the next 2 or 3 years on the football field, I will still say I'm incredibly proud of what that young man has accomplished at NDSU. One of the most feel good stories to come out of NDSU in a long time and what a great person representing the University!

Tatanka
08-18-2012, 07:32 AM
All I will say is even if John Crockett doesn't do anything the next 2 or 3 years on the football field, I will still say I'm incredibly proud of what that young man has accomplished at NDSU. One of the most feel good stories to come out of NDSU in a long time and what a great person representing the University!this x1000.

BisoninNWMN
08-18-2012, 10:44 AM
All I will say is even if John Crockett doesn't do anything the next 2 or 3 years on the football field, I will still say I'm incredibly proud of what that young man has accomplished at NDSU. One of the most feel good stories to come out of NDSU in a long time and what a great person representing the University!

Good post

Agree 100%

Gully
08-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Is JC a pass catcher? Anybody seen him catching screen passes? That's where we had a big loss with DJ.

Based on what I've read about him over the past year or two, it looks like we have another big-time back.

His high school tape shows him catching passes, if I remember correctly. I think he'll be very good on those screens DJ used to run so well.

Bison"FANatic"
08-18-2012, 11:31 AM

Exactly!!!!!! Now I hope he finishes it and gets the degree (and tears up the football field along the way).

WYOBISONMAN
08-18-2012, 12:19 PM
I am happy for the kid! Way to go andget it done the right way!!!!!

HandoEX
08-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Glad to see another stud back rocking #23!

loudsilverado
08-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Glad to see another stud back rocking #23!

Exactly. He is going to tear it up I have a feeling. Proud of his accomplishments off the field as well.

bajadanny
08-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Man whats with that foto? get rid of it

Twentysix
08-18-2012, 02:28 PM
How can anyone hate on a photo of wa-griz? Congrats to JC.

No_Skill
08-18-2012, 06:05 PM
How can anyone hate on a photo of wa-griz? Congrats to JC.

Especially since it's so loud...and cold.

CaBisonFan
08-18-2012, 06:56 PM

No doubt that this part of the story is a lot more important than the football side of it. Congratulations to John...and keep up the great work. The Bison Nation is proud of you.

westnodak93bison
08-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Let's hope he can handle the additional demands and distractions of being a full time student athlete.

devin45k
08-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Cant wait to see this guy's talent in person!

b15on
08-23-2012, 04:54 AM
NDSU's Crockett ready to wow Bison fans

Crockett was featured on WDAY sports at 10 tonight.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/68039/

CaBisonFan
08-23-2012, 06:08 AM
NDSU's Crockett ready to wow Bison fans

Crockett was featured on WDAY sports at 10 tonight.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/68039/

Love the UND ad to start the vid. Is this their way of feeling like they're part of the Bison tradition?

JustinTyem
08-23-2012, 06:18 AM
Love the UND ad to start the vid. Is this their way of feeling like they're part of the Bison tradition?Right,the video media blog has the same damn thing.

loudsilverado
08-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Can't wait to see him play, very proud of him and our program/coaches for sticking with him and helping him make it.

THEsocalledfan
08-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Crockett will be a rock star. I can't believe we have a 1-2 punch at RB of this caliber. Honestly, this may end up being better than DJ and Ojuri. (Admit Crockett is not proven; Gabe is rubbing off on me!)

Professor Chaos
08-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Love the UND ad to start the vid. Is this their way of feeling like they're part of the Bison tradition?

Right,the video media blog has the same damn thing.
And they also have a Mayville St ad in there sometimes too... :mad:

And don't even get me started on Bethany Retirement Homes putting their ad in there trying to steal the Bison's thunder.... :mad::mad:

Tatanka
08-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Gabe is rubbing off on me!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OOVRT_HYT5M/TqsGj4GjIPI/AAAAAAAAB2A/DOnYChx9z5s/s1600/BeavisandButtheadbanner.jpg

EndZoneQB
08-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Crockett will be a rock star. I can't believe we have a 1-2 punch at RB of this caliber. Honestly, this may end up being better than DJ and Ojuri. (Admit Crockett is not proven; Gabe is rubbing off on me!)

Think Gordon/Perkins.

THEsocalledfan
08-23-2012, 02:26 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OOVRT_HYT5M/TqsGj4GjIPI/AAAAAAAAB2A/DOnYChx9z5s/s1600/BeavisandButtheadbanner.jpg

No, Tatanka, not that kind of rubbing.....

Mr. Burgundy
08-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Polasek who is universally loved by the Bison Nation and knows a thing or two about our backfield stated on the radio last week, that he will always consider DJ a special RB and a VERY special teammate/friend.....stated that we will be better at RB this year as a group. High praise from a tough coach who typically says....Prove it, you are replacing one of the best ever.

I will say this....with all I know about JC.....I am his biggest fan. He has overcome alot of obstacles and speaks with respect and class. The administration is a big fan of this kid. He went through two years of not playing for his shot on the new turf. I can't wait for this kid to explode onto the scene. I won't forget talking to Polasek on signing day when we landed him. Emotional talk. He is going to turn some heads. I still say he is the best recruit we have landed on campus.

CAS4127
08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Polasek who is universally loved by the Bison Nation and knows a thing or two about our backfield stated on the radio last week, that he will always consider DJ a special RB and a VERY special teammate/friend.....stated that we will be better at RB this year as a group. High praise from a tough coach who typically says....Prove it, you are replacing one of the best ever.

I will say this....with all I know about JC.....I am his biggest fan. He has overcome alot of obstacles and speaks with respect and class. The administration is a big fan of this kid. He went through two years of not playing for his shot on the new turf. I can't wait for this kid to explode onto the scene. I won't forget talking to Polasek on signing day when we landed him. Emotional talk. He is going to turn some heads. I still say he is the best recruit we have landed on campus.

I just hope our O-line can open some holes for him cuz, despite how good he is, he can't do that for himself. Perhaps some sprint-draw plays for him?!?! Seeing him ad-lib on a play like that would be some serious fun if he is the real thing like ALL seem to be saying.

KSBisonFan
08-23-2012, 03:32 PM
I just hope our O-line can open some holes for him cuz, despite how good he is, he can't do that for himself. Perhaps some sprint-draw plays for him?!?! Seeing him ad-lib on a play like that would be some serious fun if he is the real thing like ALL seem to be saying.

I envision Crockett busting the screen pass DJ mastered over the years....It'll be a thing of beauty!

Mr. Burgundy
08-23-2012, 03:33 PM
someone needs to post that interview that JC did with Scottie. That was awesome. Said he was going to cry when he runs out in front of 20,000 people. Such a cool story. Anyone know where that interview is? Wasn't that on youtube?

GRAFTONBISON
08-23-2012, 03:35 PM

If this doesn't get a person excited for Sept. 1st, I don't know what will:cheers::nod::bong:

Professor Chaos
08-23-2012, 03:45 PM
someone needs to post that interview that JC did with Scottie. That was awesome. Said he was going to cry when he runs out in front of 20,000 people. Such a cool story. Anyone know where that interview is? Wasn't that on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf8B9ykHEDc

tcbison
08-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf8B9ykHEDc&feature=plcp

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf8B9ykHEDc&feature=plcp)

devin45k
08-23-2012, 05:30 PM
I hope he tears it up....been excited to see him run

cbline
08-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Great interview, and a great interviewer. Scott Miller is a gem and an asset to NDSU athletics!

CAS4127
08-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Great interview, and a great interviewer. Scott Miller is a gem and an asset to NDSU athletics!

Yep, he has a face made for radio!!

CaBisonFan
08-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Our opponents will wonder how in the hell the Bison got him.

He's our X-factor coming into the new season.

AjaxTheMighty
08-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Yep, he has a face made for radio!!

You must mean Pat Sweeny!

reformedUNDfan
08-23-2012, 09:36 PM
i've seen three interviews with him now, guy come off as pure class.

56BISON73
08-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Nice kid. Very friendly. I was at practice today and he said hi. Asked how I was doing. The kid has some wheels. When he runs it seems effortless.

bri-dog
08-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Nice kid. Very friendly. I was at practice today and he said hi. Asked how I was doing. The kid has some wheels. When he runs it seems effortless.

Boy, our O-line MUST be getting thin if they're asking...Oh wait, you mean you were just WATCHING practice?

silkamilkamonico
08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Really haven't followed along much with his story but great to have him.

Do we really only have him for 3 years? Will he play much this year, or will he be 3rd-5th on the depth chart.

BisonNation11
08-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Really haven't followed along much with his story but great to have him. Will he play much this year, or will he be 3rd-5th on the depth chart.

I have a feeling if Ojuri has any slip ups/minor injuries, that he (Crockett) will move easily into the number 1 slot. Currently, he's number 2.

Bison"FANatic"
08-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Our offense it at its best when we are running 2 good RB's, #1 or #2 doesn't matter as they seem to split the carries anyway. Just give me 2 really good healthy guys that can make the opposing D cry and not want to take a hit again or try and figure out the angle and I will be very happy.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Congrats Mr. Crockett, you put in some very hard work and your time and energy has paid off. Can't wait to see you on game day!

Now my questions, all I have heard is how good John is.... is he a grinder, and runs over people, or is he a shifty quick guy, that can sprain linebackers ankels?

JustinTyem
08-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Congrats Mr. Crockett, you put in some very hard work and your time and energy has paid off. Can't wait to see you on game day!

Now my questions, all I have heard is how good John is........is he a grinder, and runs over people, or is he a shifty quick guy, that can sprain linebackers ankels?All of the above^^^^^!!!!

TbonZach
08-24-2012, 12:32 AM

Now my questions, all I have heard is how good John is.... is he a grinder, and runs over people, or is he a shifty quick guy, that can sprain linebackers ankels?

Yes, as long as it doesn't like the Titans player tonight.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/399617_954529278849_1169802502_n.jpg

JustinTyem
08-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Yes, as long as it doesn't like the Titans player tonight.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/399617_954529278849_1169802502_n.jpgHe needs some Wisconsin Milk and Cheese,Ouch it hurts just to look at it,:(

TbonZach
08-24-2012, 12:36 AM
He needs some Wisconsin Milk and Cheese,Ouch it hurts just to look at it,:(

I had just turned it to the game and that was one of the first things that I saw on the screen. Needless to say I initially did an "ooooohhhh" look-away.

BisonNation11
08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Here's the link from NDSU's recruiting video, 3:50 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssxq1izUPww

The kid appears to never go down, never get arm tackled, and has some gear that's out of this world. I'm not saying he's as shifty, strong, or as good, but if he has some strength to his runs you could be looking at a potential Adrian Peterson type back. Just looks the same is all I'm saying.

thebigund
08-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Here's the link from NDSU's recruiting video, 3:50 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssxq1izUPww

The kid appears to never go down, never get arm tackled, and has some gear that's out of this world. I'm not saying he's as shifty, strong, or as good, but if he has some strength to his runs you could be looking at a potential Adrian Peterson type back. Just looks the same is all I'm saying.

Oh boy I hope you're right. If Adrian Peterson can be as good as Crockett the Vikings could turn things around and win 5 games

But seriously, I say some ridiculous things on here but that is just in a class of its own.

BisonNation11
08-24-2012, 01:04 AM
I said type of running back, not the exact same. And anything you say on here doesn't have any class.

heffray
08-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Oh boy I hope you're right. If Adrian Peterson can be as good as Crockett the Vikings could turn things around and win 5 games

But seriously, I say some ridiculous things on here but that is just in a class of its own.

I would avoid the word "class" altogether... and "seriously"... and "football"...

...other than that, keep posting, you're hilarious, man!

thebigund
08-24-2012, 01:25 AM
I said type of running back, not the exact same. And anything you say on here doesn't have any class.

I think he'll be the best ever, but then again that's just me. I'm thinking more of a not fat Mashall Faulk type than an Adrian Peterson.

Bisonguy
08-24-2012, 01:40 AM

Or just click this linky to get right to Crockett- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssxq1izUPww&t=3m50s

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-24-2012, 01:54 AM

That is actually the first time I have ever seen him.

How is Scottie doing? Wasn't he recently diagnosed with throat cancer?

AjaxTheMighty
08-24-2012, 02:24 AM
I think he'll be the best ever, but then again that's just me. I'm thinking more of a not fat Mashall Faulk type than an Adrian Peterson.

http://captainraoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/goats-gif.gif

Hammersmith
08-24-2012, 11:58 PM
That is actually the first time I have ever seen him.

How is Scottie doing? Wasn't he recently diagnosed with throat cancer?
Skin cancer(melanoma). Haven't heard anything.

BisonNeil
08-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Or just click this linky to get right to Crockett- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssxq1izUPww&t=3m50s

Even though I have seen his highlight film before, I didn't really pay close attention because I wasn't sure he would ever play. However, several things I really like about John. First, there is no dancing at the LOS, which DJ really suffered from when he first came to NDSU. Crockett hits the hole hard. He has very quick feet, and he doesn't need much of a crease, something that may bode him well this year as the OL works to jell.

No_Skill
08-25-2012, 02:48 PM
He has 3 years of eligibility, right?

BisonNation11
08-25-2012, 02:53 PM
He has 3 years of eligibility, right?

He is currently listed as a SO on GoBison

HandoEX
08-25-2012, 03:58 PM

We didn't do too bad on this recruiting class. Not too bad at all :nod:

houndawg
08-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I just hope our O-line can open some holes for him cuz, despite how good he is, he can't do that for himself.
Perhaps some sprint-draw plays for him?!?! Seeing him ad-lib on a play like that would be some serious fun if he is the real thing like ALL seem to be saying.

Need a legit pass attack to make it work.

HerdBot
08-26-2012, 05:28 PM

The 2nd run on the video is sick

BisoninNWMN
08-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Need a legit pass attack to make it work.

Gee, we might have had it last year....maybe.

SIU will be one of many teams that will not stop him.....

b15on
08-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Another news story on Crockett (this time KVRR FOX in Fargo)

VIDEO: John Crockett Ready to Make an Impact (http://www.kvrr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16106&Itemid=58#video)

CaBisonFan
08-30-2012, 03:00 AM

VIDEO: John Crockett Ready to Make an Impact (http://www.kvrr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16106&Itemid=58#video)

....thanks....

DePereBisonFan
08-30-2012, 08:03 PM

He sounds very excited. I have a feeling we may have like 400 rushing yards this weekend.:)

KTF
08-30-2012, 08:11 PM
He sounds very excited. I have a feeling we may have like 400 rushing yards this weekend.:)

Wouldn't that be fun to watch him, Ojuri, and Jones tear it up this weekend... Just steam rolling everyone....

westnodak93bison
08-30-2012, 10:08 PM
How about Lang?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonNation11
08-31-2012, 06:16 AM
Wouldn't that be fun to watch him, Ojuri, and Jones tear it up this weekend... Just steam rolling everyone....

I'm waiting for the first run that Grothman pops the LB coming through the hole and knocks his helmet off for a souvenir for the kid in the front row!!! I try not to wish my life away, but COME ON SATURDAY! GET HERE ALREADY!!!

BisonNeil
08-31-2012, 05:45 PM
We didn't do too bad on this recruiting class. Not too bad at all :nod:

No doubt!!!

Tyler Gefroh from GF was also part of that class, and is a LB. We never hear about him. Given the depth concerns, and the fact that the backup QB can become a #2 OLB, is it safe to assume he may be the lone bust of the class? Has anybody heard anything about Tyler? Fighting injuries perhaps?

td577
08-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Even though I have seen his highlight film before, I didn't really pay close attention because I wasn't sure he would ever play. However, several things I really like about John. First, there is no dancing at the LOS, which DJ really suffered from when he first came to NDSU. Crockett hits the hole hard. He has very quick feet, and he doesn't need much of a crease, something that may bode him well this year as the OL works to jell.

Every running back that will ever play here needs to watch DJ early in his college career when he thought he could dance his way to the LOS and then watch later when he quit dancing. Ojuri was a dancer for a very short time until he figured out that you just need to hit the hole. After about 30 plays like that from your backs, defenses start getting out of the way.

The bottom line, save your moves until you are past the first level.

KSBisonFan
08-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Every running back that will ever play here needs to watch DJ early in his college career when he thought he could dance his way to the LOS and then watch later when he quit dancing. Ojuri was a dancer for a very short time until he figured out that you just need to hit the hole. After about 30 plays like that from your backs, defenses start getting out of the way.

The bottom line, save your moves until you are past the first level.

Ojuri is now a spinner in addition to a bad driver. There should be an over/under on how many of his patented spins Ojuri pulls off every week. I'd set it at 4 this week.

tony
08-31-2012, 06:24 PM
There should be an over/under on how many of his patented spins Ojuri pulls off every week. I'd set it at 4 this week.

I volunteer to keep track of YAS (yards after spin.)

Kermit
08-31-2012, 06:39 PM
No doubt!!!

Tyler Gefroh from GF was also part of that class, and is a LB. We never hear about him. Given the depth concerns, and the fact that the backup QB can become a #2 OLB, is it safe to assume he may be the lone bust of the class? Has anybody heard anything about Tyler? Fighting injuries perhaps?

I believe Gefroh is still rehabbing after surgery for a torn Achilles tendon that kept him out of spring ball.

A1pigskin
08-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Will he be better than Sam???