PDA

View Full Version : Dickinson State and Olympics

Buffalo.Rider
08-10-2012, 09:24 PM
From fox news:

"Ramon Miller of the Bahamas chased down Angelo Taylor of the United States in the men's 4x400-meter final Friday night to win his country's first gold medal in a relay won by America at every Olympics since 1984.
Miller lifted the Bahamas to a time of 2:56.72, .33 seconds better than the U.S."

Ramon Miller was a 400m runner at Dickinson State University. Ran a 45 and change 400m while there. Pretty impressive for a one-time ND athlete.

Now if we can get some more Bison in the Olympics ...

Buffalo.Rider
08-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Saw the race on the telee last night.

Coming out of the exchange, Ramon Miller was 5-10 yards behind Taylor of the U.S. Over the next 200m and by the end of the backstretch, he come up behind Taylor, got on his right shoulder. Stayed there through the curve, then kicked it in over the last 100m. I tried iaaf.org to see if they had the splits, but the did not. The race made it look like Ramon ran a great leg. His best open 400m is 44.87 (in June 2012), I suspect he ran significantly faster than this.

In any case, congratulations to a former ND 400m man and the Bahamas relay team - Olympic gold, Bahamas national Record.

Buffalo.Rider
08-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Finally found a website that had the splits of the Bahama team - on the BBC.

Ramon Miller, per the BBC sports page, ran a 44.00 last leg. I would guess that Angelo Taylor ran a few tenths of a second slower, which is still an awfully good time. Miller ran, perhaps, the best race of his life to bring home the gold.