PDA

View Full Version : The Future coach of the Gophers will be......

NDSUstudent
01-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Tim Brewster

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2732273

SirHinn
01-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Tim Brewster

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2732273

Nice timing, almost at the exact time of mine.

TheBisonator
01-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Thank GOD!!!!!

Coach Bohl needs to take us to an NC first. :D

sambini
01-16-2007, 04:41 AM
hmm conflicting reports on other threads.. Brewster is a surprise to me..

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Thud. Nice hire by the Gophers...guy who has been a tight ends coach for the last 18 years and has no head coaching experience above the high school level. Was also a recruitng coordinator for a large chunk of that, but it was also ten years ago. Poor hire to say the least, in my opinion.

NDSUguy
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Thud. *Nice hire by the Gophers...guy who has been a tight ends coach for the last 18 years and has no head coaching experience above the high school level. *Was also a recruitng coordinator for a large chunk of that, but it was also ten years ago. *Poor hire to say the least, in my opinion.

He's only been in the NFL for a few years. A few of his recruits that you might have heard of.... Vince Young and Julius Peppers.... The list goes on and on and on....

Scooter
01-17-2007, 02:34 PM
I guess we'll find out how good he is when we play them next year. Will he have what it takes to come back from a 10 point deficit? ;)

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, don't really care if he recruited those guys at those schools, because there is zero chance he will recruit those types of athletes at Minnesota. *Not to mention the fact that I'm not impressed by a coaches ability to get a commitment out of a kid from Houston who wanted to stay at home when he happens to be coaching at the university of Texas. Doesn't impress me, sorry. No head coaching experience. *None, zero, zip, zilch, nadda. *I'm going to make my 2007 Bison-Gophers prediction right now: NDSU 27, Minnesota 10.

NDSUguy
01-17-2007, 03:34 PM
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Just because he coached at Texas doesn't mean that he will automatically get the good Texas players. Look at USC. Prior to Pete Carroll taking over the program they were mediocre (and had been for many many years). With all of the SoCal talent they couldn't keep the blue chip players that were going to the other schools. Recruiting does matter. It matters to the alumni, it matters to the boosters and it matters to the highschool coaches in the state.

bottom line is that this guy is a salesman. He will raise money, improve recruting and will ultimately better the program. To be honest it doesn't matter if he's an X's and O's guy because that is what the O-cordinator will be doing.

Regarding the score of next years game. No chance it's 27-10 NDSU. I think that NDSU can win but we won't dominate the game. After all, we currently do not have any proven runningbacks we lost one of our starting WRs in White. It will be a close game but I dont' think that we'll have the offensive firepower that we did last year.

KTF
01-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Regarding the score of next years game. *No chance it's 27-10 NDSU. *I think that NDSU can win but we won't dominate the game. *After all, we currently do not have any proven runningbacks we lost one of our starting WRs in White. *It will be a close game but I dont' think that we'll have the offensive firepower that we did last year.

This same WR dropped a punt that MN recovered and scored on (FG) as well as dropped many key passes on 3rd down's. Washington will do a much better job at WR.

The only one that will be missed greatly is Steffes.

westriverbison
01-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, don't really care if he recruited those guys at those schools, because there is zero chance he will recruit those types of athletes at Minnesota. *Not to mention the fact that I'm not impressed by a coaches ability to get a commitment out of a kid from Houston who wanted to stay at home when he happens to be coaching at the university of Texas. *Doesn't impress me, sorry. *No head coaching experience. *None, zero, zip, zilch, nadda. *I'm going to make my 2007 Bison-Gophers prediction right now: NDSU 27, Minnesota 10.

I want some of what you are smoking ;D

NDSUguy
01-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Regarding the score of next years game. No chance it's 27-10 NDSU. I think that NDSU can win but we won't dominate the game. After all, we currently do not have any proven runningbacks we lost one of our starting WRs in White. It will be a close game but I dont' think that we'll have the offensive firepower that we did last year.

This same WR dropped a punt that MN recovered and scored on (FG) as well as dropped many key passes on 3rd down's. Washington will do a much better job at WR.

White is also the same guy who caught a touchdown that was called back because of a tripping call.....

2006gwfcchamps
01-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Which was the ultimate bullsh*t call of all time.

It's the one time when I can say without guilt that we won the game and the refs lost it for us.

Scooter
01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Which was the ultimate bullsh*t call of all time.

It's the one time when I can say without guilt that we won the game and the refs lost it for us.

No. that was a penalty. *Is it called all the time? *No, it isn't but it was a foul, and it was right out in the open. *Does the U of M get away with that one....I don't know. *The Refs did not lose this game for us. I'd have to say that you didn't notice the refs very much in this game....we just couldn't close the deal on some of our drives on this particular day.

IowaBison
01-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Hell, the refs screwed up the interception call in the first quarter-even with the review!

We were lucky duckies on that one.

Scooter
01-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Regarding the score of next years game. *No chance it's 27-10 NDSU. *I think that NDSU can win but we won't dominate the game. *After all, we currently do not have any proven runningbacks we lost one of our starting WRs in White. *It will be a close game but I dont' think that we'll have the offensive firepower that we did last year.

Is this the same wide receiver that is going to go down as one of the best receivers that NDSU has had? *The same receiver who used his head and tipped the hail mary pass to Heckendorf? *The same receiver who had unbelievable catches in the last drive of that same game? *The same receiver who caught the last TD of that game? *The same receiver who returned a punt for a TD to put away the SDSU game? *The same receiver who made a living catching the fade routes in the corner of the end zone throughout his Bison career? *No.. I'm not going to miss White one bit. ::)

mikelsch
01-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Not only will the Bison be missing White, but all the other seniors that produced on the field and helped form excellent team chemistry

Scooter
01-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Not only will the Bison be missing White, but all the other seniors that produced on the field and helped form excellent team chemistry

100% correct. *++++++

99Bison
01-19-2007, 01:43 AM
Honestly, not really worried about WR position... With Heck and Majic man we have some good hands and chemistry with the QB... Just need enough of washington to stretch the field and we are good to go there.