PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Airlines

roadwarrior
08-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Frontier is returning to Hector in November! And this time with real airplanes! (last time they had props)

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/370365/

MNLonghorn10
08-09-2012, 03:59 PM
This would have been handy in september flying into denver for the csu game. Frontier kicked ass when i flew them to dallas for the natty.

Sd got the stewardess to change the name of the buffalo on our tailwing to thundar when she annouced it to the cabinet..few cheers rang
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

bri-dog
08-09-2012, 03:59 PM
I'd like more than three flights a week, but it's still more options than I have now...

Bison"FANatic"
08-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I'd like more than three flights a week, but it's still more options than I have now...

Interesting I thought that travelocity was screwing up as I was quoting out tickets for a January trip yesterday and it was giving me Frontier as a option. I thought they had a glitch in their system. Hey if it gives more competition all the better, prices have dropped just about 10% over the last two days but I heard that was not because of this just a little fare war between Delta and United.

jimmyptubas
08-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I used to work for Allegiant and we could fly with United Express or frontier for free. I went to Denver once and I was never more terrified to be on a plane. I'm glad to hear they will be back and with some better equipment.

Tatanka
08-09-2012, 05:20 PM
This is excellent news. Frontier is a great low cost option that will keep delta and united honest if nothing else.

EndZoneQB
08-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Interesting I thought that travelocity was screwing up as I was quoting out tickets for a January trip yesterday and it was giving me Frontier as a option. I thought they had a glitch in their system. Hey if it gives more competition all the better, prices have dropped just about 10% over the last two days but I heard that was not because of this just a little fare war between Delta and United.

Exactly. Flying out west was CONSIDERABLY cheaper when Frontier was around. I could fly to my buddies in San Jose, CA for like $200...on United. Now that Frontier has real planes, who cares!

roadwarrior
08-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Flying out west was CONSIDERABLY cheaper when Frontier was around.

This is the truth!

missingnumber7
08-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I'd like more than three flights a week, but it's still more options than I have now...Been flying 4-5 flights a week out of Bismarck since May...thats how I'm coming down for the csu game. And supprisingly United flights have come down from time to time, especially on the days that frontier doesn't fly.

JSUBison
08-09-2012, 08:19 PM
I used to work for Allegiant and we could fly with United Express or frontier for free. I went to Denver once and I was never more terrified to be on a plane. I'm glad to hear they will be back and with some better equipment.

I know what you mean. Flew to Dickinson last year from Denver on Great Lakes airlines, and that was something else. Prop plane that looked 40 years old. My seat was behind the pilot, and I mean RIGHT BEHIND him. No barrier or anything, if I wanted to I could have leaned forward and touched his shoulder while still in my seat. Plane was full of the leftovers of society heading to the oil fields. It was like a flying pirate ship, pretty horrible experience all around.

Trim
08-09-2012, 08:24 PM
I flew Big Sky air one time, I think that is what it was called. The pilot put his shades on, put in a dip, turned his baseball hat backwards, and slouched down in his chair to do some flyin'. Reminded me of myself playing video games in high school.

aces1180
08-09-2012, 08:26 PM
I flew Big Sky air one time, I think that is what it was called. The pilot put his shades on, put in a dip, turned his baseball hat backwards, and slouched down in his chair to do some flyin'. Reminded me of myself playing video games in high school.

Probably a third-rate UND-educated pilot.

Hammersmith
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Frontier is returning to Hector in November! And this time with real airplanes! (last time they had props)

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/370365/
groan

(nice one)

344Johnson
08-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Nope. Chewing is an offense that results in a write-up on the University of North Dakota campus. Just a former Air Force badass I'd imagine.

MinotBison
08-10-2012, 03:55 AM
They must have had some gate space open up in Denver, or some other route cancelled to provide aircraft for the Fargo trip. Good news though, whatever the reason.

missingnumber7
08-10-2012, 05:03 AM
They must have had some gate space open up in Denver, or some other route cancelled to provide aircraft for the Fargo trip. Good news though, whatever the reason.Nope the planes just fly more.

Hammerhead
08-14-2012, 02:37 AM
Reminds me of a flight into Butte. There was just a curtain behind the cockpit and the pilot left it open. That's the only time I've seen the runway get bigger and bigger out the front window of an airplane as we landed.

I know what you mean. Flew to Dickinson last year from Denver on Great Lakes airlines, and that was something else. Prop plane that looked 40 years old. My seat was behind the pilot, and I mean RIGHT BEHIND him. No barrier or anything, if I wanted to I could have leaned forward and touched his shoulder while still in my seat. Plane was full of the leftovers of society heading to the oil fields. It was like a flying pirate ship, pretty horrible experience all around.

Twentysix
08-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Reminds me of a flight into Butte. There was just a curtain behind the cockpit and the pilot left it open. That's the only time I've seen the runway get bigger and bigger out the front window of an airplane as we landed.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/534388_10151021552302008_457574528_n.jpg

The best planes don't have a curtain. Nor do they pressurize.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/414850_10151021520517008_707071346_o.jpg

I prefered looking out the front windshield so I didn't have to think about getting a propeller to the face lol. Besides the pilot had the funnies held open in a way that I could see them too.

CAS4127
08-14-2012, 04:40 PM

This is why I normally ask to see pilot credentials before actually boarding . . .

Hammerhead
08-15-2012, 01:49 AM
It looked kind of like this, only it wasn't take your child to work day.

http://short-jokes-quotes.com/joke/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/take-your-child-to-work-day.jpg