PDA

View Full Version : John Crockett Interview

HerdStrong
08-03-2012, 11:31 PM
All I know is that I am glad he is on our side. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TTWzra4l7fM#!

fbmind
08-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Already excited about him before this interview...but now that I know he refers to himself in the third person...that's the cherry on top.

BisonNation11
08-03-2012, 11:43 PM
I hope he plays as well as he talks! Sounds like a great team kid!

tjbison
08-03-2012, 11:44 PM
All I know is that I am glad he is on our side. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TTWzra4l7fM#!

Good interview

MN_BISON
08-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Sounds like a great young man, I'm very happy #23 is a Bison.

SamsRams
08-04-2012, 12:23 AM
very few have been on his band wagon longer than me. super exited he should eligible

HerdBot
08-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Already excited about him before this interview...but now that I know he refers to himself in the third person...that's the cherry on top.

Scotty asked him the question in a way that lead him to say that!

HerdBot
08-04-2012, 01:19 AM
He strikes me as confident but not cocky and seems genuinely excited. Likes to talk about others success instead of himself. Great attitude and fun personality. Kid has leadership qualities written all over him. Now let's see play!

56BISON73
08-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Kid sounded good. Hope he does well.

KSBisonFan
08-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Make the most of your opportunity, Mr. Crockett......We are rooting for you!

JustinTyem
08-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Scotty asked him the question in a way that lead him to say that!I didnt find that at all. I dont even think they even talked about the order. He just said there a several guys that can play at the high level including himself.

HerdBot
08-04-2012, 02:12 AM
very few have been on his band wagon longer than me. super exited he should eligible

I am probably a close second! First time I saw the highlights it was so obviously he is a big time talent. Goes to show that by being patient can pay dividends. Same with Marcus Williams. I am pumped up and we haven't even seen what Jones and Dinwiddie can do. This is one deep stable of premium horses!

344Johnson
08-04-2012, 03:04 AM
I am pumped.

SamsRams
08-04-2012, 03:39 AM
can someone explain how he used his greyshirt last year?

HerdBot
08-04-2012, 04:19 AM
I didnt find that at all. I dont even think they even talked about the order. He just said there a several guys that can play at the high level including himself.

That's not what I was talking about. He lead him to say his name in the 3rd person...

HerdStrong
08-04-2012, 06:08 AM
These are the kinds of guys I love to root for. Down-to-earth...just wants to get the job done kind of guy. Once again....proud to see these kinds of guys in a Bison uniform. Go get em' John.

tjbison
08-04-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/369747/

bisonmike2
08-04-2012, 01:19 PM
That's not what I was talking about. He lead him to say his name in the 3rd person...

I agree, he really was using Scotty's words in his response to the question. I will say this, Bisonmike is excited to see what JC can do on the field. Bisonmike loves hearing about kids who work through adversity to achieve a goal, especially when it would have been much easier for him to quit.

A1pigskin
08-04-2012, 01:24 PM
This is good news. Adds depth to running backs.

BisonNeil
08-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Best part of what Crockett said, he's hungry, they're all hungry. "We're not satisfied".

Bummer about LaVoy breaking his hand/wrist. A thin OL just got thinner.

Herd
08-04-2012, 05:47 PM
In watching his highlights, he runs over you, through you, around you . . . but mostly by you. His style resembles Sam's but maybe with a little more top end speed. Should be a great compliment to the Back stable.

I also liked how JC said that Dinwiddie was another Mike Sigers . . . damn I miss his talent in the backfield. I hope we have another Sigers.

HerdBot
08-04-2012, 06:33 PM
In watching his highlights, he runs over you, through you, around you . . . but mostly by you. His style resembles Sam's but maybe with a little more top end speed. Should be a great compliment to the Back stable.

I also liked how JC said that Dinwiddie was another Mike Sigers . . . damn I miss his talent in the backfield. I hope we have another Sigers.

And he has had 2 years to work on his strength and speed. One of the advantages of grey shirting. There was a kick ass article in the Forum about him today. I cant wait to see what he can do. I just hope he keeps his grades up. Would suck to lose him like we lost Sigers.

Our 1 and 2 combo of Crockett and Ojuri is amazingly deep. Throw in Jones as a short yardage/ change of pace back. Then use Dinwiddie like we used Sigers. Man we are loaded. And don't forget about a few carries by Lange to soften things up.

I would image we see some of these guys return kicks. How about Marcus and Crockett on returns?

BFKasper14
08-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Will he have 3 or 4 years of eligibility left?

BlueBisonRock
08-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Will he have 3 or 4 years of eligibility left?

He is listed as a sophomore which implies 3 years left.

All athletes have 5 years from the time they start to get their 4 years of playing eligibility completed. He started in the fall two years ago (thus per earlier assertions, this is not a grey shirt scenerio). He used his redshirt year and his freshman year getting his academics in order. He is entering his Sophomore year and will have his Junior and Senior years in the future.

BTW, I am very impressed with the get it done attitude he is showing towards the academics. He understands the definition of student athlete! I am looking forward to him showing this same attitude on the field.

JustinTyem
08-05-2012, 05:27 AM
That's not what I was talking about. He lead him to say his name in the 3rd person...See,once again my damn stroke bit me again. After I re-read it again (4x slowly),ur post made sence,LoL. One day I will get it right,:biggrin::rofl::facepalm2:

JustinTyem
08-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Heres a few more interviews.......... http://www.kfgo.com/bison.php

BisonNeil
08-05-2012, 02:38 PM
And he has had 2 years to work on his strength and speed. One of the advantages of grey shirting. There was a kick ass article in the Forum about him today. I cant wait to see what he can do. I just hope he keeps his grades up. Would suck to lose him like we lost Sigers.

Our 1 and 2 combo of Crockett and Ojuri is amazingly deep. Throw in Jones as a short yardage/ change of pace back. Then use Dinwiddie like we used Sigers. Man we are loaded. And don't forget about a few carries by Lange to soften things up.

I would image we see some of these guys return kicks. How about Marcus and Crockett on returns?

It's spelled Lang, with no 'e'.

Ojuri is out for two weeks with a strained knee. I wonder if it is the one he was holding in the Geo Southern game. More time for the backups to pick up practice time with the #1 unit.

runtheoption
08-06-2012, 05:55 PM
It's spelled Lang, with no 'e'.

Ojuri is out for two weeks with a strained knee. I wonder if it is the one he was holding in the Geo Southern game. More time for the backups to pick up practice time with the #1 unit.

Probably a case of a "blessing in disguise" with extra practice reps for Crockett, assuming Sam comes back 100% from the knee strain.

Bison03
08-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Well spoken young man there. Sounds like he has learned a lot from the adversity he has gone through. I hope he can continue his hard work off the field in the classroom so that he can continue to show us what he's got on the field. I'm excited to see what this kid can do out of the backfield. Love hearing the fact that he has the hunger to get out there and perform. Listening to the other interviews, Marcus Williams and Brock Jensen also said they were hungry to get out there. Ryan Drevlow said their is a sense of urgency. Grant Olson points out that despite how good the defense is,they can always get better. Colten Heagle and Cole Jirik talk about wanting to be leaders on the defense. All the guys when asked about how excited they are to get back on the field vs. Robert Morris sound like they are just pumped to get out there and defend their title and despite having a target on their back; they want to prove how good they are.

JustinTyem
08-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Well spoken young man there. Sounds like he has learned a lot from the adversity he has gone through. I hope he can continue his hard work off the field in the classroom so that he can continue to show us what he's got on the field. I'm excited to see what this kid can do out of the backfield. Love hearing the fact that he has the hunger to get out there and perform. Listening to the other interviews, Marcus Williams and Brock Jensen also said they were hungry to get out there. Ryan Drevlow said their is a sense of urgency. Grant Olson points out that despite how good the defense is,they can always get better. Colten Heagle and Cole Jirik talk about wanting to be leaders on the defense. All the guys when asked about how excited they are to get back on the field vs. Robert Morris sound like they are just pumped to get out there and defend their title and despite having a target on their back; they want to prove how good they are.Where can I find those interviews??? I thought all the interviews during media day would be on the internet somewhere, but I havent found them yet.

Bison03
08-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Where can I find those interviews??? I thought all the interviews during media day would be on the internet somewhere, but I havent found them yet.

http://www.kfgo.com/bison.php

JustinTyem
08-06-2012, 11:54 PM
http://www.kfgo.com/bison.phpLoL,I just looked at that site earlier and Brocks wasnt on there,LoL

SDbison
08-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Probably a case of a "blessing in disguise" with extra practice reps for Crockett, assuming Sam comes back 100% from the knee strain. Can't agree more! Hopefully, Ojuri's off field issues can be taken care of in the same timeframe, and this crap can keep from becoming an issue with the team.