PDA

View Full Version : Fall camp

Kermit
08-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Does anybody have a practice schedule? Or at least know when practices are planned for Friday/ Saturday this week?

GradBison
08-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Does anybody have a practice schedule? Or at least know when practices are planned for Friday/ Saturday this week?

Bump.

Was a schedule released? This is all I could find on GoBison:

The Bison have a pair of 2-A-day practices scheduled on Tuesday, Aug. 7, and Thursday, Aug. 9.

North Dakota State has a scrimmage scheduled for 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 18.

JustinTyem
08-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Fall Camp: Day 6 Update.................. "Speaking of Mr. Crockett, my first impression of seeing him run was “wow”. Crockett can be a game changer for NDSU, just for the simple " http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/ The part about Lund vs Perry and the other Oline vs -Dline, makes me smile ear to ear. Just knowing that Brock will have a tough o-line watching his back makes me sleep easier. And with the Oline beating the DLine 3 for 3 makes it even better,cause the Bison DLine are the Best in the FCS.

Jim Puetz
08-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Someone posted a depth chart during Spring ball. Is there a Fall camp depth chart or is it too early for that? I need something to occupy my lunch other than reading tax legislation. Thanks.

JustinTyem
08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Someone posted a depth chart during Spring ball. Is there a Fall camp depth chart or is it too early for that? I need something to occupy my lunch other than reading tax legislation. Thanks.Nice,LoL :rofl:

17>1
08-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry for bumpimng this thread without having anything to add. I'm just curious if anyone besides Kolpack and Izzo have been out to a practice yet? I believe by this time last year we had a complete list of practice dates and times on the board. Where's Road with this info? I'd much rather hear about position battles at camp than speculation about why a certain LB got dismissed from the team.

344Johnson
08-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Sorry for bumpimng this thread without having anything to add. I'm just curious if anyone besides Kolpack and Izzo have been out to a practice yet? I believe by this time last year we had a complete list of practice dates and times on the board. Where's Road with this info? I'd much rather hear about position battles at camp than speculation about why a certain LB got dismissed from the team.

If they are out practicing when I get done with work I'll swing by.

roadwarrior
08-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I believe by this time last year we had a complete list of practice dates and times on the board. Where's Road with this info?

Last year they released a practice schedule on gobison.

Kermit
08-10-2012, 02:57 AM
Last year they released a practice schedule on gobison.

I don't think it is an accident that no schedule has been posted. Somebody doesn't want fans at practice. I managed to watch for an hour the other day, but others have been kicked out. :(

Tatanka
08-10-2012, 03:10 AM
I don't think it is an accident that no schedule has been posted. Somebody doesn't want fans at practice. I managed to watch for an hour the other day, but others have been kicked out. :(

Seriously. :(

EndZoneQB
08-10-2012, 03:57 AM

I was kind of wondering about that personally. Does it have something to do with the amount of hype around the program they don't want big crowds there? Or is it something else?

BlueBisonRock
08-10-2012, 04:02 AM
I was kind of wondering about that personally. Does it have something to do with the amount of hype around the program they don't want big crowds there? Or is it something else?

Changing the offense from the west coast to the veer in October and want to surprise the conference!

hattonbison
08-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Does anybody know who the Graduate Assistants are this year?

Gully
08-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Changing the offense from the west coast to the veer in October and want to surprise the conference!

This. I didn't want to say anything, but I saw Rocky Hager arriving at Hector. He had Jeff Bentrim and Chris Simdorn with him and they had handfuls of clipboards, whistles, etc. I'm pretty sure I saw a book with Jim Wacker's picture on it. Then again, it could have been someone else.

BadlandsBison
08-12-2012, 03:42 PM

UNI spies could be lurking

HerdBot
08-12-2012, 06:33 PM
UNI spies could be lurking

As crazy as it sounds Dom once said Bohl was concerned about that. That's why we need an indoor practice facility some day when the dome is not available.

Bisonguy
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM

Lots of people crowding the sidelines during a scrimmage not paying attention to what's actually happening on the field. It was bad enough previous years, I can't see anything bad possibly happening with even more hype and people showing up to scrimmages. :facepalm:

56BISON73
08-12-2012, 07:13 PM
As crazy as it sounds Dom once said Bohl was concerned about that. That's why we need an indoor practice facility some day when the dome is not available.

Put up a fence. Then attach a non see through barrier. Pretty simple. other schools use this system.

SamsRams
08-12-2012, 07:31 PM
I heard evans was one

HerdBot
08-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Put up a fence. Then attach a non see through barrier. Pretty simple. other schools use this system.

Dacotah Field has a semi large barrier on the west now. :) edit meant south

ISXBISON
08-13-2012, 02:47 AM
I heard evans was one

I think you're right. If I remember correctly, he was coaching in the spring game.

westnodak93bison
08-13-2012, 05:23 PM
What gives? The detailed analysis from the likes of Burgandy, Kermit among others is lacking compared to last year. Are you guys to busy or is the staff restricting access to practice?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

EndZoneQB
08-13-2012, 07:10 PM
What gives? The detailed analysis from the likes of Burgandy, Kermit among others is lacking compared to last year. Are you guys to busy or is the staff restricting access to practice?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Umm... Kermit already stated people have been kicked out and they haven't posted scheduled times.

Bison"FANatic"
08-15-2012, 08:25 PM
"football scrimmage on Saturday will be CLOSED to media, family and public"
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY

Tatanka
08-16-2012, 01:55 AM

Saw this on the media blog as well... Interesting.

IndyBison
08-16-2012, 02:01 AM

I worked a scrimmage/practice at Purdue yesterday and they were tight on who could attend. They have a barrier fence around the field although there are several hills around the practice field where you could see from a distance. I'm working at Indiana State next week and I'm sure they will keep it pretty tight.

344Johnson
08-16-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm working at Indiana State next week and I'm sure they will keep it pretty tight.

Little do they know you will be wearing a mini-cam on your glasses.

Bison Dan
08-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Being that we have gotten coaches/players from "other" teams in our conference it looks like they have told coach about some spying eyes.

Bison"FANatic"
08-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Being that we have gotten coaches/players from "other" teams in our conference it looks like they have told coach about some spying eyes.

That dang CapnCat :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bison"FANatic"
08-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Interesting on KFGO they are talking to a 73 yo guy who was walking his dog and stopped outside the fence by practice and was talking to a NDSU professor and he saw Bohl looking over at them as they were on the outside of the fence on the sidewalk. Then a coach came over and told them they had to leave as it was going to be a closed practice.

Very Very Strange????????? Last year they went out of the way to get people out to scrimmages and interviews on the radio to talk about the upcoming season and then talking about the upcoming scrimmages. This year a total 180. I can see not wanting to 10,000 people showing up at Dakota field for a scrimmage but kicking people off public sidewalks. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

Edit: I guess the guy is actually Judge Davies.

tony
08-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Closed practices mean fewer distractions.

TransAmBison
08-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Closed practices mean fewer distractions.They've got to get used to distractions...think uni dump two years ago.

tony
08-16-2012, 02:55 PM
They've got to get used to distractions...think uni dump two years ago.

I was just guessing that maybe the coaches want the players' full attention, especially given that they've had some sloppy practices.

If their GFs, wannabe GFs, buddies, and/or families are all in the stands, that's a different kind of distraction than a game. They only have a short period of time for to get these guys doing stuff correctly.

I'll miss Burgundy's and others' takes on the practices/scrimmages but, obviously, the coaches have their reasons for closing practices. People might disagree with those reasons, but then it's not their jobs on the line.

b15on
08-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Kolpack's Thoughts on Closing the Scrimmage

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/08/17/thoughts-on-closing-the-scrimmage/

reformedUNDfan
08-17-2012, 07:38 PM
who played safety last year and why don't I know this? dudzik and ...?

tony
08-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Kolpack's Thoughts on Closing the Scrimmage

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/08/17/thoughts-on-closing-the-scrimmage/

If it was just paranoia about spying, then they'd let friends and family in. But I agree with Kolpack: Whatever the reason, it's no big deal.

hattonbison
08-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Eaves, heagle was other safety. Dudzik and MWILL were at the corners.

b15on
08-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Bobby Ollman and John Pike also helped greatly at safety.

BisonNeil
08-18-2012, 03:55 PM

Actually, Eaves played sparingly for the most of the season, basically missing the first half. Pike started 7 games at FS, Eaves started 9, basically the end of the season. Shepherd was Pike's backup at FS during the time Eaves was hurt. That is why Bryan ended up with the same number of tackles as Daniel (34) and Bryan had an interception while Daniel did not. I think we all forget just how good undersized Pike was. He had 5 INTs along with 46 tackles. He will be missed.

But my point is this, Shepherd has experience at FS and he looked good in spot duty, IMO. That is why I predicted in a thread this spring that he would end up the starter, ahead of Dudzik, when it was announced Christian was being moved there. Both will be good, but there is something about Shepherd's aggressiveness I really like. It will be fun to see how this competition plays out.

runtheoption
08-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Actually, Eaves played sparingly for the most of the season, basically missing the first half. Pike started 7 games at FS, Eaves started 9, basically the end of the season. Shepherd was Pike's backup at FS during the time Eaves was hurt. That is why Bryan ended up with the same number of tackles as Daniel (34) and Bryan had an interception while Daniel did not. I think we all forget just how good undersized Pike was. He had 5 INTs along with 46 tackles. He will be missed.

But my point is this, Shepherd has experience at FS and he looked good in spot duty, IMO. That is why I predicted in a thread this spring that he would end up the starter, ahead of Dudzik, when it was announced Christian was being moved there. Both will be good, but there is something about Shepherd's aggressiveness I really like. It will be fun to see how this competition plays out.

The best part of this post is that you are throwing out a lot of names of young DB's that got a ton of playing time in a top-notch secondary. Our D-line and D-backs will cover up for any depth or other weaknesses at LB.

b15on
08-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Dom Izzo‏@DomIzzoWDAY

NDSU wasn't the only team to have closed scrimmage today, Colorado State did as well