PDA

View Full Version : Now that we've basically sold out every home game... (except students of course)

HerdBot
08-01-2012, 09:09 PM
We obviously don't have to spend any extra money or spend extra time selling tickets. Here's a few things we can do.

1) Organize a ticket exchange. A real one.
2) Sell out the USD game. It's really a home game. We need to OWN the stadium in Sioux Falls!
3) Spend more time making sure the students show. There is always a few games that are tough.
4) Put together more bus trips to road games
5) Put together some game viewing events or a video board outside the dome in the tailgating lot
6) Advertise fan day
7) Using the sold out dome and TV spots to get the final donations for the shac
8) Study to expand the dome :) sorry couldn't resist. Maybe find a way to make standing room more appealing?

344Johnson
08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Students will come this year. Team coming off of a championship. Unless the team falls on their face. The students will come. They may leave early, pending the score of the game.

THEsocalledfan
08-01-2012, 09:22 PM
My question is will we start seeing scalpers at the games? I sure hope so. I never but tickets for Twins/Vikes games before I go as I always know I will get a better deal off a scalper than stub hub. Now, I did not get tickets for Oct. 6 and 13, so hoping I can find some....

Bison03
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
1.) This is a great idea especially when it is frustrating to see empty seats at the 50 yard line know there are people that want to go. The knitters cringe at the thought of having some rowdy fans sitting next to them cheering loud. I think if we can have a way to get as many butts in seat as possible, that is a good thing. I do, however, think there will be less no shows than years past.
2.) I think the USD game sells out with a majority of the fans wearing green and yellow.
3.) Always tough even with a good team. Robert Morris is Labor Day weekend but it is the first game and the student section will be packed and rockin'. Youngstown is, I believe, on a long weekend with Columbus Day; it is Homecoming so I am sure the students will be there. SDSU is on a long Veterans Day weekend and also on ND and MN deer opener weekend. I would think the last regular season home game and a game vs the Bunnies would fill up the stands. If students see Bison football as the place to be, they will come. Just look at how many stayed for GS after the semester was over.
4.) Teammakers does a great job for FBS games and did a great job for Frisco. The proximity for most games is reasonable enough where I could see this happen.
5.) Dome security does not want people in the lot when the game is going on. It's the reason you must end your tailgating 30 minutes before kickoff. I don't see this happening. If the dome is full and you can't get a ticket, support a local establishment and cheer with other shutouts. Plus side: You can enjoy a beer while watching Bison football.
6.) Agree. Fan day should be bigger this year but needs to be seen as a bigger event.
7.) Tough to draw that line even though both lie under the umbrella of NDSU athletics. Hard to go from The dome is sold out to donate money for the SHAC.
8.) Sadly, the way standing room is done now is the best way possible. Fir marshal won't allow bleachers in the corners. No need for a bigger stadium. Sell out the dome consistantly for 5 years straight, then talk to me.

56BISON73
08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
1.) This is a great idea especially when it is frustrating to see empty seats at the 50 yard line know there are people that want to go. The knitters cringe at the thought of having some rowdy fans sitting next to them cheering loud. I think if we can have a way to get as many butts in seat as possible, that is a good thing. I do, however, think there will be less no shows than years past.
2.) I think the USD game sells out with a majority of the fans wearing green and yellow.
3.) Always tough even with a good team. Robert Morris is Labor Day weekend but it is the first game and the student section will be packed and rockin'. Youngstown is, I believe, on a long weekend with Columbus Day; it is Homecoming so I am sure the students will be there. SDSU is on a long Veterans Day weekend and also on ND and MN deer opener weekend. I would think the last regular season home game and a game vs the Bunnies would fill up the stands. If students see Bison football as the place to be, they will come. Just look at how many stayed for GS after the semester was over.
4.) Teammakers does a great job for FBS games and did a great job for Frisco. The proximity for most games is reasonable enough where I could see this happen.
5.) Dome security does not want people in the lot when the game is going on. It's the reason you must end your tailgating 30 minutes before kickoff. I don't see this happening. If the dome is full and you can't get a ticket, support a local establishment and cheer with other shutouts. Plus side: You can enjoy a beer while watching Bison football.
6.) Agree. Fan day should be bigger this year but needs to be seen as a bigger event.
7.) Tough to draw that line even though both lie under the umbrella of NDSU athletics. Hard to go from The dome is sold out to donate money for the SHAC.
8.) Sadly, the way standing room is done now is the best way possible. Fir marshal won't allow bleachers in the corners. No need for a bigger stadium. Sell out the dome consistantly for 5 years straight, then talk to me.

MN deer opener is the 3rd which is an away game at MO-SU

Tatanka
08-01-2012, 11:01 PM
I would say divert marketing funding to other sports. Use the captive sold out audience in the dome to actively market other sports.

HerdBot
08-01-2012, 11:37 PM
I would say divert marketing funding to other sports. Use the captive sold out audience in the dome to actively market other sports.

Like baseball... how about an advertisement saying if you have team makers, all the baseball games are FREE!

For some reason I like the idea of renting a video board and streaming the game live outside the dome.

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I would say divert marketing funding to other sports. Use the captive sold out audience in the dome to actively market other sports.I second it!!!!!!

KSBisonFan
08-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Promote and IMPROVE GoBison All Access! We want games broadcast, we are willing to pay for them online, and we'll pay subscription all year (not just for football) if the product is good. All Access subscriptions are basically more season tickets they are selling! Take a portion of subscriptions and put it toward scholarships and we'd be fine with it, just give us a decent broadcast. Lafayette had an awesome online broadcast last year and it was FREE! Make this happen. C'mon man!~!!!

HerdBot
08-01-2012, 11:54 PM

Curious why would the Fire Marshal not allow bleachers in the corner when football games are smaller than the capacity of over 25,000?

56BISON73
08-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Curious why would the Fire Marshal not allow bleachers in the corner when football games are smaller than the capacity of over 25,000?

Seriously? After the game thats where there are huge road blocks as it is. Put bleachers there and more people, then add panic----what could go wrong with that scenario.

JustinTyem
08-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Seriously? After the game thats where there are hug road blocks as it is. Put bleachers there and more people, then add panic----what could go wrong with that scenario.Ya,but it sure is a nice problem to have!!!!! :biggrin:

Tatanka
08-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Seriously? After the game thats where there are hug road blocks as it is. Put bleachers there and more people, then add panic----what could go wrong with that scenario.not sure about the hugs but you're spot on. Certainly we're all smart enough here to comprehend the difference between a 25000 person open floor concert and a sold out bison football game when it comes to fire code.

Clearly all we have to do is remove those pesky corner supports and install kiosks capable of Googling the kibbie dome. For f---s ske. :facepalm:

Hammersmith
08-02-2012, 12:27 AM
not sure about the hugs but you're spot on. Certainly we're all smart enough here to comprehend the difference between a 25000 person open floor concert and a sold out bison football game when it comes to fire code.

Clearly all we have to do is remove those pesky corner supports and install kiosks capable of Googling the kibbie dome. For f---s ske. :facepalm:
You must spread some rep...

Clearly I have to start repping more.

roadwarrior
08-02-2012, 12:35 AM

There are exclusive exits from the floor level directly to outside. With a large concert, that is where the increased capacity is sitting.

KSBisonFan
08-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Seriously? After the game thats where there are hug road blocks as it is. Put bleachers there and more people, then add panic----what could go wrong with that scenario.

There were some big road blocks at Chic-fil-a today and I think that had everything to do with hugs.....

56BISON73
08-02-2012, 01:53 AM
not sure about the hugs but you're spot on. Certainly we're all smart enough here to comprehend the difference between a 25000 person open floor concert and a sold out bison football game when it comes to fire code.

You would think. But------

BigBison
08-02-2012, 01:55 AM
I wish there something could be done about making sure the ALL the season ticket holders go to the games or ticket exchange. I remember seeing to much blue in between the 30s.

HerdBot
08-02-2012, 01:58 AM

I didn't make myself very clear.I'm talking about a small set of bleachers. Not permanent bleachers. It would seat less than SRO already holds but more comfortably.
I'm not talking about expansion.

HerdBot
08-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Seriously? After the game thats where there are huge road blocks as it is. Put bleachers there and more people, then add panic----what could go wrong with that scenario.

I'm talking about less people but better seats. Small set of bleachers.

56BISON73
08-02-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm talking about less people but better seats. Small set of bleachers.

Problem still exists.

Tatanka
08-02-2012, 02:09 AM
I stand corrected.

Bison bison
08-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Beer sales.

HerdBot
08-02-2012, 02:34 AM
Beer sales.

I honesty don't think its necessary. Too many people enter the game shit faced. At least they are sober by the end of the game. I think they could experiment and maybe try it the 1st quarter and then cut off sales. Maybe 1st half. Need to keep some sense of control. That's how we piss off Senators who make dumb laws. Family friendly is lost with beer. Und has beer and no atmosphere or loud crowds

TbonZach
08-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Beer sales.

I honesty don't think its necessary. Too many people enter the game shit faced. At least they are sober by the end of the game. I think they could experiment and maybe try it the 1st quarter and then cut off sales. Maybe 1st half.

Not to be Johnny Raincloud, but... not. going. to. happen.

Although I wouldn't care either way.

HerdBot
08-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Not to be Johnny Raincloud, but... not. going. to. happen.

Although I wouldn't care either way.

If you need liquor stuff a flask down your crotch. Just dont share it.

TbonZach
08-02-2012, 02:46 AM

My flask or my crotch? :)

EndZoneQB
08-02-2012, 02:57 AM
I honesty don't think its necessary. Too many people enter the game shit faced. At least they are sober by the end of the game. I think they could experiment and maybe try it the 1st quarter and then cut off sales. Maybe 1st half. Need to keep some sense of control. That's how we piss off Senators who make dumb laws. Family friendly is lost with beer. Und has beer and no atmosphere or loud crowds

No offense or anything, but this is looking at it the wrong way. I straight up say I drink more before a game knowing I can't drink the entire time. A hangover after yelling for 3 hours all while sobering up, isn't so much fun. If I were able to get beer in the dome, I'd easily cut my drinking WAY down. With beer inside, all you have to do is maintain.

Crotch? What's wrong with the back pocket?

TheBisonator
08-02-2012, 03:00 AM
If you depend on alcohol to truly enjoy a football game, you're more of an alcoholic than a football fan.

HerdBot
08-02-2012, 03:04 AM
No offense or anything, but this is looking at it the wrong way. I straight up say I drink more before a game knowing I can't drink the entire time. A hangover after yelling for 3 hours all while sobering up, isn't so much fun. If I were able to get beer in the dome, I'd easily cut my drinking WAY down. With beer inside, all you have to do is maintain.

So by having no beer in the game it's basically serving it's purpose of not having a dome of drunk people leaving the dome. I do the same thing. I start off slow and the last hour I drink heavier. But I know I'm going to have a headache so before I enter the dome I have a ritual... I take some ibuprofen, slam an energy drink, and load up on salty popcorn. (the salt helps retain water. Dehydration is the prime reason for hangover symptoms).... and grab a coffee in the 3rd quarter. Works like magic.

EndZoneQB
08-02-2012, 03:05 AM
If you depend on alcohol to truly enjoy a football game, you're more of an alcoholic than a football fan.

Seriously? Get off your high horse. Who said anything about that? I've gone to EASILY 10x as many games sober as "under the influence", so suck my shit. The point is, sobering up while IN the game, blows ass..plain and simple. I have to keep feeding my facehole with water and greasy food...and it'd be the same if I had 7 beers or 77 beers and 77 shots. When your drinking isn't confined to X hours, you tend to pace yourself a little more in those situations. And I KNOW I'm not alone on this....

So by having no beer in the game it's basically serving it's purpose of not having a dome of drunk people leaving the dome. I do the same thing. I start off slow and the last hour I drink heavier. But I know I'm going to have a headache so before I enter the dome I have a ritual... I take some ibuprofen, slam an energy drink, and load up on salty popcorn. (the salt helps retain water. Dehydration is the prime reason for hangover symptoms).... and grab a coffee in the 3rd quarter. Works like magic.

Right. I always bring water to tailgating with me and I usually buy multiple bottles in the game(this gets extremely expensive for water) and tons of salty/greasy food. I should do the ibuprofen trick tho, I've gotten better at taking it at night before passing out after drinking hard all day at the lake.

And leaving drunk? I don't drive so...not really my concern. Plus, people can tailgate after the games...

HerdBot
08-02-2012, 03:06 AM
My flask or my crotch? :)

I knew I should have worded that differently! :)

344Johnson
08-02-2012, 05:04 AM

I don't think people DEPEND on it to enjoy a game. Having a buzz makes time go faster in the student line however. It also makes the 90 minute wait til kickoff in the dome go faster. But then about halfway into the second quarter I find myself starting to not feel all that great.

Beer sales would be a source of profit, entertainment, roudiness, and some bad things as well I suppose. An argument can be made either way of course.

Bison03
08-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Do any of you actually think they will allow alcohol at NDSU football? Come on. They would need to hire a couple of dozen new dome nazi's to handle all the rowdiness.

HerdBot
08-02-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't think people DEPEND on it to enjoy a game. Having a buzz makes time go faster in the student line however. It also makes the 90 minute wait til kickoff in the dome go faster. But then about halfway into the second quarter I find myself starting to not feel all that great.

Beer sales would be a source of profit, entertainment, roudiness, and some bad things as well I suppose. An argument can be made either way of course.

The cool part of Bison Nation is we typically go for the game first. Personally I like to drink and maybe get a little rowdy. I thjnk beer is a part of culture whether or not people want to admit it or not. But I am more than happy to keep it in the tailgating lot but if the dome would do it I'm cool with that too. Dont want to lose the focus of family entertainment. Tailgating keeps it separate in most cases

MNLonghorn10
08-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Oh ok. Tell that to more than half of the people who goto football games in this country.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

HerdBot
08-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Oh ok. Tell that to more than half of the people who goto football games in this country.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Were Americans. Beer and football is part of our culture.

aces1180
08-02-2012, 03:56 PM

Thanks Nona...

Bison bison
08-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I think they AD can take ten minutes to devise a championship ticket allotment system that works.

bisonmike2
08-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I think they AD can take ten minutes to devise a championship ticket allotment system that works.
I'll do it for him.

Bisonville Rep Points. Done and done.

1998braves64
08-03-2012, 03:40 AM
And leaving drunk? I don't drive so...not really my concern. Plus, people can tailgate after the games...

Well we all can't afford arrests by the Fargo PD so...

(too soon???!)

EndZoneQB
08-03-2012, 03:53 AM
Well we all can't afford arrests by the Fargo PD so...

(too soon???!)

Daaannggggg haha. Nope, it's alllll good. Free and clear, meow.

56BISON73
08-03-2012, 03:54 AM
Daaannggggg haha. Nope, it's alllll good. Free and clear, meow.

Still wearing the ankle bracelet?:rofl:

heffray
08-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I honesty don't think its necessary... Und has beer and no atmosphere...

Well... It's not like they have anything else to do at their football games... Actually watching football is out of the question, because, well, you can't really call what they do there "football."

heffray
08-03-2012, 05:50 PM

1. This is what a lot of people don't realize. People are going to drink before and during the game. They are either going to drink a whole bunch before, or they are going to sneak a flask or bottle in, or both. The point is, if you can't contain it, why not just give in to it. Plus if you sell beer in the dome, the "kind of drunk" you would get would be way less ridiculous, as liquor tends to have more adverse effects than beer (i.e., the ability to drink more of it, the potency, etc.). i know it's not the same for everyone, but the vast majority of people can hold their beer better than they can hold their liquor.

Having said that, I agree that it is not NEEDED... But hey, why not make some money off of something that is going to happen anyway.

2. I'll tell you what's wrong with the back pocket: Butt stitches.

HerdBot
08-04-2012, 05:20 AM
I saw an awesome looking fan day ad on inforum. Great job!

A1pigskin
08-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Is it possible to engineer portable bleachers in the corners? Sounds like a good project for the students in the Engineering Department.

1998braves64
08-04-2012, 11:32 PM
If they put bleachers in the corner the bottle neck of the corners will be way worse for moving people after a game or God forbid an emergency... the only way they could put any kind of portable bleachers if they kept 98% of the area open in the corners clear for walking... and designing bleachers that leave 98% of the space open are not going to be very portable. If you walk through a corner after a game take a good gander at what happens to the traffic flow. To me this was a huge design flaw on how the Dome was designed (not sure if they thought about several thousand people circulating the dome after an event, they figured everyone would park on the side they were seated (and go out the doors on their side) but we all know that doesn't happen especially with tailgating taking off so many people on the east side walk around the concourse to the west side.

This is all before the fire marshall puts his foot down due to the fact their just aren't enough exits to handle that many people (as someone said there are exits for the floor to allow for larger crowds when the floor is in use so you can't say it was built to handle 22,000 people we should be able to put more people in the corners, because there are only 250 +/- on the floor that have "easy" access to those doors, granted people could jump over the rails (but risk the chance of injury also and at that point not being able to escape an emergency) so those of you pushing for more bleachers in the corners need to realize that the current design of the dome doesn't allow it for circulation and life safety reasons. There are certain codes a building has to meet, and I believe fire marshal reason has been put forward by more people in the know than me as why there aren't more people in the building.

HerdBot
08-04-2012, 11:47 PM
If they put bleachers in the corner the bottle neck of the corners will be way worse for moving people after a game or God forbid an emergency... the only way they could put any kind of portable bleachers if they kept 98% of the area open in the corners clear for walking... and designing bleachers that leave 98% of the space open are not going to be very portable. If you walk through a corner after a game take a good gander at what happens to the traffic flow. To me this was a huge design flaw on how the Dome was designed (not sure if they thought about several thousand people circulating the dome after an event, they figured everyone would park on the side they were seated (and go out the doors on their side) but we all know that doesn't happen especially with tailgating taking off so many people on the east side walk around the concourse to the west side.

This is all before the fire marshall puts his foot down due to the fact their just aren't enough exits to handle that many people (as someone said there are exits for the floor to allow for larger crowds when the floor is in use so you can't say it was built to handle 22,000 people we should be able to put more people in the corners, because there are only 250 +/- on the floor that have "easy" access to those doors, granted people could jump over the rails (but risk the chance of injury also and at that point not being able to escape an emergency) so those of you pushing for more bleachers in the corners need to realize that the current design of the dome doesn't allow it for circulation and life safety reasons. There are certain codes a building has to meet, and I believe fire marshal reason has been put forward by more people in the know than me as why there aren't more people in the building.

Good point on the fire codes. Do we know if that is a fact or just speculation? What if the bleachers hold less people than standing room but are decent quality? Is it a space issue around the physical structure for bleachers?

TheBisonator
08-05-2012, 01:11 AM
From what I heard, GT was allowed to try to find a way to slightly increase the FD capacity to 20,000. I guess he heard a few different options, but I never heard the conclusion of that story. perhaps none of the options were economically feasible.

So that means that at its current state, they're allowed to increase the capacity to at least 20K.

56BISON73
08-05-2012, 02:03 AM
From what I heard, GT was allowed to try to find a way to slightly increase the FD capacity to 20,000. I guess he heard a few different options, but I never heard the conclusion of that story. perhaps none of the options were economically feasible.

So that means that at its current state, they're allowed to increase the capacity to at least 20K.

Where did you hear this?

tjbison
08-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Where did you hear this?

Yeah i was kind of thinking its a little strange that the City would put possible expansion plans, thoughts in the hands of NDSU and especially the AD

TheBisonator
08-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Where did you hear this?

There was a thread on here and a Forum article, it would take me some time to find it and I'm recovering from some leg pain tonight.

56BISON73
08-05-2012, 03:13 AM
There was a thread on here and a Forum article, it would take me some time to find it and I'm recovering from some leg pain tonight.

I havent seen anything on this forum stating that they could expand to 20,000. Of all the threads and post on this subject over the last 6 years this is the first time you have mentioned it.

Hammersmith
08-05-2012, 05:54 AM
I think he's right on this. I half-recall an interview with GT where he said they looked into ways of adding a small amount of seating capacity(up to 20k), but nothing they looked into was feasible. I think it's been quite awhile since that interview; maybe five years(after the 2nd 10-1 season). If you held me down, I'd say that the interview was during a FB or MBB broadcast. From the casual way he brought it up or answered the question, it wasn't like they spent months of manpower or thousands of dollars on studies. More like a couple brainstorming sessions and a few phone calls. I think it boiled down to whether temporary bleachers in the corners were feasible. The answer was no.

TbonZach
08-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Beer sales.

Someone might want to forward this onto the people in charge here at NDSU.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2011-08-07-beer-sales-rising-at-college-stadiums_n.htm

Beer a growing part of college football revenue streams

....West Virginia for the first time is selling beer at football games to everyone of legal drinking age — not just high rollers in luxury suites — "and we're expecting to profit around $1 million," athletic director Oliver Luck said in an interview.

...."There's also the thought that you control the alcohol situation better if you're selling within your stadium," said Mike Thomas, Cincinnati's athletics director.

"Rather than people trying to sneak in alcohol, they can buy it in a controlled environment.

"Does it curb it completely? Probably not, but I'd guess that it's not happening as often."

...."On a college campus, (alcohol) is not the right message," [Iowa State athletics director Jamie] Pollard said, "but we have to create revenue, too."

HerdBot
08-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Someone might want to forward this onto the people in charge here at NDSU.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2011-08-07-beer-sales-rising-at-college-stadiums_n.htm

Knowing its that big of a revenue source it just changed my mind. If West Virginia can raise a million I would assume we can raise 400k. Even if we have to give half to the dome, that's a ton of money. The more money the dome makes, the more upgrades they can provide. Start off by doing it half the game. And for the moral police... UND does it. The Force does it. The Redhawks do it. They are all family friendly too.

TbonZach
08-06-2012, 03:12 AM
Knowing its that big of a revenue source it just changed my mind. If West Virginia can raise a million I would assume we can raise 400k. Even if we have to give half to the dome, that's a ton of money. The more money the dome makes, the more upgrades they can provide. Start off by doing it half the game. And for the moral police... UND does it. The Force does it. The Redhawks do it. They are all family friendly too.

The biggest obstacle I see in this happening at NDSU is the fact that the campus is dry.

roadwarrior
08-06-2012, 03:14 AM
The biggest obstacle I see in this happening at NDSU is the fact that the campus is dry.

That is not even close to being the biggest obstacle.

Tatanka
08-06-2012, 03:16 AM
That is not even close to being the biggest obstacle.ding ding ding.

TbonZach
08-06-2012, 03:19 AM

Sorry, I meant one of the biggest obstacles.

Hammersmith
08-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Everybody noticed that the article is a full year old, right? Just pointing out that's it not breaking news or anything.

BlueBisonRock
08-06-2012, 04:30 AM
Everybody noticed that the article is a full year old, right? Just pointing out that's it not breaking news or anything.

Of course. Butt then, it helps fuel the annual just before the season starts call for beer sales at football games. Its timely and will help fill another 15 minutes of preseason BV discussion.

56BISON73
08-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Of course. Butt then, it helps fuel the annual just before the season starts call for beer sales at football games. Its timely and will help fill another 15 minutes of preseason BV discussion.

We have a winner!!!! :biggrin:

TbonZach
08-06-2012, 05:28 AM

We have a winner!!!! :biggrin:

What they said.

TheBisonator
08-06-2012, 07:09 AM

Yeah, LOL, they don't seem to have a problem with 10,000+ tailgaters doing the exact same thing on NDSU property hours before each game....

(Not to say they didn't before.)

(They did before.)

NorthernBison
08-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, LOL, they don't seem to have a problem with 10,000+ tailgaters doing the exact same thing on NDSU property hours before each game....

(Not to say they didn't before.)

(They did before.)

I think there is the perception that the current structure is well controlled and they have a responsible party with their "feet to the fire". (namely Team Makers and, to a certain extent, the Athletic Department) I think that's why you see a willingness to allow strong FPD and Dome Authority presence in the tailgate lots.

If there is beer sold at the games and there are problems, who gets tagged with the responsibility for not controlling things? (I'd say the Dome Authority) What's the predictable reaction? Shut it ALL down. Overreaction? Yes. But predictable. I don't think there is a willingness to mess with something that is working.

loudsilverado
08-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Selling beer at the games just isn't necessary, just watch and enjoy the game.

THEsocalledfan
08-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I think there is the perception that the current structure is well controlled and they have a responsible party with their "feet to the fire". (namely Team Makers and, to a certain extent, the Athletic Department) I think that's why you see a willingness to allow strong FPD and Dome Authority presence in the tailgate lots.

If there is beer sold at the games and there are problems, who gets tagged with the responsibility for not controlling things? (I'd say the Dome Authority) What's the predictable reaction? Shut it ALL down. Overreaction? Yes. But predictable. I don't think there is a willingness to mess with something that is working.

You speak the truth. I can just see Nona Wood on the front page of the Forum saying "I told you so" when the first person makes a mistake.....

Remember, we are a nation that no longer believes in personal responsibility and it is always someone else's fault when things go wrong, so clearly if someone is hurt, it would be NDSU's and the City of Fargo's fault. (I despise this, but sadly, I believe this is the way it is now.)

Tatanka
08-06-2012, 01:53 PM
You speak the truth. I can just see Nona Wood on the front page of the Forum saying "I told you so" when the first person makes a mistake.....

Remember, we are a national that no longer believes in personal responsibility and it is always someone else's fault when things go wrong, so clearly if someone is hurt, it would be NDSU's and the City of Fargo's fault. (I despise this, but sadly, I believe this is the way it is now.)

Nona is not the problem.

Bison-Knuckle
08-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I'd personally rather smuggle in some booze than pay for some over-priced 3.2 beer anyways :biggrin:

Gully
08-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Nona is not the problem.

So she approves of selling beer in the FFD? Great!

heffray
08-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Selling beer at the games just isn't necessary, just watch and enjoy the game.

Hey, thanks for the insightful comment and for following the details and comments of the thread!

Hold up, guys, HOLD UP! See what this guy said...? Hmm, indeed, yes, intriguing...

It's a great point that we all haven't mentioned yet, it's relevant, and it should be considered in all comments going forward!

Thanks, loudsilverado, for contributing to this conversation! Don't know what we would have done without you!