PDA

View Full Version : Gopher fball Bulletin Board stuff...

lakesbison
01-17-2007, 05:59 AM
When talking about Bohl being a better choice over Brewster.

and a thread called "Bohl for Def Coord"

I came across these nice bulletin board materials: (add to it in future if you like)

gopherjay
(1/16/07 1:21 pm)
what the...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dude, are you kidding? Maybe Bohl would have been ok but The Brewster has much more to offer. By the way while I have lots of respect for your program, people will be beamed to the moon before your squad gets within 1 point against the gophs in the future. Looking forward to our next game.

go4tailgator
(1/16/07 12:29 pm)
I've always said Bison fans are just like Hawkeye fans..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and you are exhibit A that proves my theory lakesbison. Now shoo, I'm sure there are some Stephen F. Austin fans out there you can talk D1-AA issues with.

tpfkag83
(1/16/07 9:45 pm)
Reply ndsu education
They don't cover homonyms in "Hooked on Phonics". Which is probably what they use for Freshman English at NDSU. I wonder if they use the same Clifford the Dog software my 4 year old plays with? It has really cool graphics.

mnhatsoff
(1/16/07 4:48 pm)
Next fall the score Minnesota 45 NDSU 10
we have a coach now who has got to better than what we had with the inept Mason.

45-10 Minnesota... HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lakesbison
01-17-2007, 06:00 AM
1 more

Jike Spingleton
(1/16/07 6:11 pm)
Re: Bohl for DC?
Bison fans, what a cute little bunch of firecrackers that group is from NDSU! Maybe a little delusional, but you can't ignore their pep!

Jdubs21
01-17-2007, 05:10 PM
well i guess we'll just have to travel back down there and shut them up.....AGAIN! haha ;D...fricken goofs

Gamehunter
01-17-2007, 09:59 PM
haha good stuff

a Tight End's coach that has never been a head coach let alone a coordinator. Should be a good time at the ol' Humpty this fall ;D

lakesbison
01-20-2007, 05:08 AM
bring it on gooofers

Mr._Bill
01-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Bison Fans . . . last year we had quiet confidence as we approached the game with the gophers at the dome. *There was a great deal of curiosity because we had not had a big 10 test such as this, but we (for the most part) kept our mouths shut because there is always the potential to get blown out by a BCS team. *We actually endeared ourselves to many gopher fans because we did not act like a bunch of arrogant a-holes. That actually did not hurt with my employer either.

Now its 2007 and we are looking at another gopher matchup. *While gopher fans/media will be clueless and think they will win by 40, we all agree that we should be able to play them within at least 14 points and potentially get a win with our strong core of returning players, and more importantly, a highly motivated coach (for that game at least). *

It is my guess that by the time October comes, the gopher fans will have had way too much of hearing from Bison fans. *Please keep in mind the approach we took in 2006. * Let's win the game, but go in peace. *The respect will be earned on the field, not on the message boards.

Jdubs21
01-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Bison Fans . . . last year we had quiet confidence as we approached the game with the gophers at the dome. *There was a great deal of curiosity because we had not had a big 10 test such as this, but we (for the most part) kept our mouths shut because there is always the potential to get blown out by a BCS team. *We actually endeared ourselves to many gopher fans because we did not act like a bunch of arrogant a-holes. *That actually did not hurt with my employer either.

Now its 2007 and we are looking at another gopher matchup. *While gopher fans/media will be clueless and think they will win by 40, we all agree that we should be able to play them within at least 14 points and potentially get a win with our strong core of returning players, and more importantly, a highly motivated coach (for that game at least). *

It is my guess that by the time October comes, the gopher fans will have had way too much of hearing from Bison fans. *Please keep in mind the approach we took in 2006. * Let's win the game, but go in peace. *The respect will be earned on the field, not on the message boards.

good point

WYOBISONMAN
01-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Geez Lakes.......ease up on that gopher board....... :-[

sambini
01-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Bison Fans . . . last year we had quiet confidence as we approached the game with the gophers at the dome. *There was a great deal of curiosity because we had not had a big 10 test such as this, but we (for the most part) kept our mouths shut because there is always the potential to get blown out by a BCS team. *We actually endeared ourselves to many gopher fans because we did not act like a bunch of arrogant a-holes. *That actually did not hurt with my employer either.

Very well said ON BISON . Respect your opponent and win with CLASS and you lose with CLASS.++

lakesbison
01-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Yea OK guys.

NDSU isn't sneaking up on Minnesota next year, believe that.. so I'm jus posting this stuff on here for bulletin board come october.

From Gopherfan03

we Gopher and Minnesota sporting fans can look down with indifference and condescension over NDSU. For a fan base that has been bruised and battered over the past few years, I want to thank you-it's nice to chuckle at your claims of being a rival. Your claims that we need to educate ourselves about your team's nickname, where you're located, etc.? Why do we need to do so? Your teams are specks of dirt to be brushed away, mosquitoes buzzing in the ear but easily swatted away, occasionally rising up to the status of a particularly stubborn grass stain to be scrubbed away. Nothing more than that.

Ahh. . .what a feeling! Being a fan of teams always strapped for finances, questionable personnel moves, and the stereotype of trying to lure players to the tundra, it's rare to feel so superior and smug. If you would have never come along, I never could have tapped into this feeling-so thank you! Now you can crawl back to your hinterlands!!

ohh I just cant wait.

semobison
01-20-2007, 07:23 PM
I hope you are not posting on their board Lakes. Have some humility. We are not, and never will be their rivals. Unless somehow we join the Big Ten!

56BISON73
01-20-2007, 07:24 PM

Very well said ON BISON . Respect your opponent and win with CLASS and you lose with CLASS.++

If I might add "" NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONET""
They have a new coach who just might beable to make these guys play better than the former coach. PL

Mr._Bill
01-21-2007, 04:38 PM
You are exactly right 56, we will get a much better effort from the gophers on the field in 2007. *But, after last year, I really question the current gap between ndsu and mn in the talent area. *It is not that big of a gap. *Watch the video . . . again I say, watch the video!!!!

In 2007 I expect the bison to be in the height of the Steve Walker era with an offense that really clicks. *We have have balanced contributions from all areas . . . TE, WR, RB, FB. *Lots of weapons and a challenge for any college defense to stop. *This is an offense that put the gophers on their heels in 2006 and will do the same in 2007.

On the other side of the ball, I expect the first year of the Brewster regime to have some growing pains, especially on offense. *With a very solid defense returning for the bison and a new QB and offense in MN, I LIKE OUR CHANCES!!!!!!!

Anyone that thinks we all the sudden get blown out by 40 because brewster is a chear leader and back slapper is not looking at the X's and O's. * This will be a very completitive game in 2007. *25,000 Bison fans won't hurt either!!! This is be a hot ticket for bison fans.

SDbison
01-21-2007, 04:52 PM
You are exactly right 56, we will get a much better effort from the gophers on the field in 2007. *But, after last year, I really question the current gap between ndsu and mn in the talent area. *It is not that big of a gap. *Watch the video . . . again I say, watch the video!!!!

In 2007 I expect the bison to be in the height of the Steve Walker era with an offense that really clicks. *We have have balanced contributions from all areas . . . TE, WR, RB, FB. *Lots of weapons and a challenge for any college defense to stop. *This is an offense that put the gophers on their heel in 2006 and will do the same in 2007.

On the other side of the ball, I expect the first year of the Brewster regime to have some growing pains, especially on offense. *With a very solid defense returning for the bison and a new QB and offense in MN, I LIKE OUR CHANCES!!!!!!!
Also look for this game to have even more fans in attendance next season. I predict a sellout several weeks in advance. Hopefully more Bison fans since I think most Gopher fans respect NDSU now and know it will be a good game to attend. Some will look for the Gophers to get revenge and blow the Bison out but it won't happen. There will be nearly as much build up for this game in Minneapolis as the Michigan, Wisconsin or Iowa games. Some laugh about not being a rival with U of M, but in reality there aleady is one in a different kind of way. It will never be the same as the ones with their Big Ten foes, but due to the many Alumni and a roster with many Minnesotans, games with the Gophers will continue to be a bigger and bigger draw.

NDSUFREAK10
01-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Any news on when tickets go on sale?

roadwarrior
01-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Last year they started selling tickets in April.

Hoopster
01-21-2007, 05:27 PM
You are exactly right 56, we will get a much better effort from the gophers on the field in 2007. But, after last year, I really question the current gap between ndsu and mn in the talent area. It is not that big of a gap. Watch the video . . . again I say, watch the video!!!!

In 2007 I expect the bison to be in the height of the Steve Walker era with an offense that really clicks. We have have balanced contributions from all areas . . . TE, WR, RB, FB. Lots of weapons and a challenge for any college defense to stop. This is an offense that put the gophers on their heel in 2006 and will do the same in 2007.

On the other side of the ball, I expect the first year of the Brewster regime to have some growing pains, especially on offense. With a very solid defense returning for the bison and a new QB and offense in MN, I LIKE OUR CHANCES!!!!!!!
Also look for this game to have even more fans in attendance next season. I predict a sellout several weeks in advance. Hopefully more Bison fans since I think most Gopher fans respect NDSU now and know it will be a good game to attend. Some will look for the Gophers to get revenge and blow the Bison out but it won't happen. There will be nearly as much build up for this game in Minneapolis as the Michigan, Wisconsin or Iowa games. Some laugh about not being a rival with U of M, but in reality there aleady is one in a different kind of way. It will never be the same as the ones with their Big Ten foes, but due to the many Alumni and a roster with many Minnesotans, games with the Gophers will continue to be a bigger and bigger draw.

No way NDSU is as big a build up for the gophers as those three. Would there be as much buildup for NDSU playing the University of Mary as SDSU, if they played the Bison close one year when your team was down? From my perspective, thats a foolish statement.

DenverBison05
01-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Also look for this game to have even more fans in attendance next season. *I predict a sellout several weeks in advance. *Hopefully more Bison fans since I think most Gopher fans respect NDSU now and know it will be a good game to attend. *Some will look for the Gophers to get revenge and blow the Bison out but it won't happen. *There will be nearly as much build up for this game in Minneapolis as the Michigan, Wisconsin or Iowa games. *Some laugh about not being a rival with U of M, but in reality there aleady is one in a different kind of way. *It will never be the same as the ones with their Big Ten foes, but due to the many Alumni and a roster with many Minnesotans, games with the Gophers will continue to be a bigger and bigger draw. *

No way NDSU is as big a build up for the gophers as those three. *Would there be as much buildup for NDSU playing the University of Mary as SDSU, if they played the Bison close one year when your team was down? *From my perspective, thats a foolish statement. *

The difference is that we dont play meaningful games against UMary in other sports whereas the Bison and UMinn do. Plus this game counts towards the post-season for both teams, whereas a UMary game does not count toward getting the 7 required DI wins for the Bison. *Also SDBison said nearly, and I believe the way the media talked about the game last year; that this game will have nearly the same build-up as the other three big games for the UMinn.

Mr._Bill
01-21-2007, 05:55 PM
For MN, the NDSU game will have far more significance than Miami (OH), Florida Atlantic and MAC opponent, both on the field and in the stands. After the 2006 game, the MN fans on the fence will show up for the rematch.

The NDSU game also happens in the middle of the B10 conference schedule. That time of the year football is reaching its crescendo vs. the warm up games at the beginning of the year. NDSU will not be MI, WI or Iowa, but it far exceeds the first 3 games on the schedule and will peak fan interest in MN.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-21-2007, 10:14 PM
For MN, the NDSU game will have far more significance than Miami (OH), Florida Atlantic and MAC opponent, both on the field and in the stands. *After the 2006 game, the MN fans on the fence will show up for the rematch.

The NDSU game also happens in the middle of the B10 conference schedule. *That time of the year football is reaching its crescendo vs. the warm up games at the beginning of the year. *NDSU will not be MI, WI or Iowa, but it far exceeds the first 3 games on the schedule and will peak fan interest in MN.

++++

imabison
01-21-2007, 11:16 PM
For MN, the NDSU game will have far more significance than Miami (OH), Florida Atlantic and MAC opponent, both on the field and in the stands. After the 2006 game, the MN fans on the fence will show up for the rematch.

The NDSU game also happens in the middle of the B10 conference schedule. That time of the year football is reaching its crescendo vs. the warm up games at the beginning of the year. NDSU will not be MI, WI or Iowa, but it far exceeds the first 3 games on the schedule and will peak fan interest in MN.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the fact the with a new Gopher coach, their attendance could change?

The could possibly be alot less tickets available for NDSU fans.

RodentiaX1
01-22-2007, 01:13 AM
There very likely will be increased ticket sales for the Gophers in 2007, but on the other hand, it's highly unlikely that Minnesota would bundle the tickets with any other game as was done in 2006, so it will likely balance out. A good bet that there will not be $10 tickets for this game, given the attendance last year, which surprised most people.

TriCollegeBison
01-23-2007, 05:20 AM

In 2007 I expect the bison to be in the height of the Steve Walker era with an offense that really clicks. *We have have balanced contributions from all areas . . . TE, WR, RB, FB. *Lots of weapons and a challenge for any college defense to stop. *This is an offense that put the gophers on their heel in 2006 and will do the same in 2007.

Also look for this game to have even more fans in attendance next season. *I predict a sellout several weeks in advance. *Hopefully more Bison fans since I think most Gopher fans respect NDSU now and know it will be a good game to attend. *Some will look for the Gophers to get revenge and blow the Bison out but it won't happen. *There will be nearly as much build up for this game in Minneapolis as the Michigan, Wisconsin or Iowa games. *Some laugh about not being a rival with U of M, but in reality there aleady is one in a different kind of way. *It will never be the same as the ones with their Big Ten foes, but due to the many Alumni and a roster with many Minnesotans, games with the Gophers will continue to be a bigger and bigger draw. *

No way NDSU is as big a build up for the gophers as those three. *Would there be as much buildup for NDSU playing the University of Mary as SDSU, if they played the Bison close one year when your team was down? *From my perspective, thats a foolish statement. *

Maybe not for the players, but these attendence figures do not lie:

http://www.gophersports.com/pdf4/57540.pdf?ATCLID=604658&SPSID=38608&SPID=3280&DB_O EM_ID=8400

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Having been at the game, those numbers are somewhat misleading. There were not 62,000 people there and those numbers were inflated by the coupling of tickets with the Iowa game.

SDbison
01-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Having been at the game, those numbers are somewhat misleading. *There were not 62,000 people there and those numbers were inflated by the coupling of tickets with the Iowa game.
I was at the game too, but its not like the actual attendance was much lower. My guess is somewhere around 55,000 give or take a couple thousand. Will be intereasting to see how the Gophers package their games this year. The NDSU game should do well on its own. I really think it will sellout.

TriCollegeBison
01-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Well, the announced attendence was 62,000, the pdf says 62,000 and the pictures I took from the upper deck corner show people sitting in opposite upper deck corners. *But I guess I need to start counting empty blue seats.* Regardless, we would still have been their second biggest draw after Iowa.

sambini
01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
It depends on whos counting. Anyway it was a great atmosphere and should be even better this year.

Junior
01-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey, I think all gopher fans should be thanking us. *Afterall, their win over NDSU helped launch them into the bowl game where they were able to singlehandly blow the biggest lead in bowl history. * ;)

TriCollegeBison
01-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Good point, Sambini. Regardless of attendence, the place was definately rockin' and I am excited for next year's game.