PDA

View Full Version : What is the dream recruiting finish?

HerdBot
01-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I think we've got 3-4 more scholorships to offer. Who would be your top 4 recruits? Who are the guys we'd love to get but probably won't?

Gamehunter
01-23-2007, 06:10 PM
one more really good WR and that Veldman kid would be a nice carrot for this class.

mikelsch
01-23-2007, 07:34 PM
In addition to what X-Factor said...

Blue-chip QB in the mold of Steve Walker, especially if Parsons would get moved to WR

Highly-touted DT, can always use depth in the trenches

Bison_Backer
01-23-2007, 07:59 PM
I want a D-1 Transfer that is a stud that is looking for immeadiate playing time. Preferably at a skilled position.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-24-2007, 05:19 AM
If you are looking for a dream player I'm going with Marvin Austin from Washington, D.C., the nation's #1 DT prospect. Obviously not going to happen, but if I'm dreaming, I'm going to dream big.

HerdBot
01-24-2007, 05:28 AM
If you are looking for a dream player I'm going with Marvin Austin from Washington, D.C., the nation's #1 DT prospect. *Obviously not going to happen, but if I'm dreaming, I'm going to dream big.

Let me rephrase: "A realistic dream pickup." ;D

Here's what I want to see.
1) The stud DT from Illinois
2) Veldman - the 6'7'' TE/WR from Becker
3) DeAngelo Brackins - Intl falls (probably tough since we just got 2 backs)
4) Juco runningback (NDSCS guy)
5) Juco wideout with burner speed

I want to see us continue to recruit Illinois. We got Mays, Drago, and Walker out of Illinois in ONE YEAR! Hell, all 3 of them could be playing professionally some day.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-24-2007, 05:58 AM

There is no chance we sign Brackins (or should sign him) at this point. He's a nice player, but he wants to go to a JUCO, so that shows the level of interest we should have in him. Plus, with two backs already in the fold, unless he or one of them changes positions no need for him. Also, with two RB's signed, a JUCO guy at the position doesn't make sense.

HerdBot
01-24-2007, 03:29 PM

There is no chance we sign Brackins (or should sign him) at this point. *He's a nice player, but he wants to go to a JUCO, so that shows the level of interest we should have in him. *Plus, with two backs already in the fold, unless he or one of them changes positions no need for him. *Also, with two RB's signed, a JUCO guy at the position doesn't make sense.

I think a Juco at runing back makes sense. The new backs won't see the field this year while a Juco could make an immediate impact. I'd really like to see McNeil or Messum if they are available. We're only 1 injury away from being royaly screwed right now. The loss of Cabel is huge.

Bison_Dan
01-24-2007, 03:50 PM

There is no chance we sign Brackins (or should sign him) at this point. *He's a nice player, but he wants to go to a JUCO, so that shows the level of interest we should have in him. *Plus, with two backs already in the fold, unless he or one of them changes positions no need for him. *Also, with two RB's signed, a JUCO guy at the position doesn't make sense.

I think a Juco at runing back makes sense. The new backs won't see the field this year while a Juco could make an immediate impact. I'd really like to see McNeil or Messum if they are available. We're only 1 injury away from being royaly screwed right now. The loss of Cabel is huge.

The JUCO RB guy I think is from Kansas, but I haven't heard much about him lately.

tony
01-24-2007, 06:56 PM
There's a JUCO back from Pearl River in MS that is pretty good. NDSU has recruited from there before. However, he has offers from a number of BCS teams down there.

QB (I'd like to see a QB every year), another cb, a safety, another WR, and, let's see, I suppose another DL since that's the one spot we know our coaches are looking at for sure. Doesn't really matter which positions they go after... it's pretty much all gravy now, isn't it?

SDbison
01-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I think NDSU needs another DL and at least one standout QB. Does anyone know who the coaches are seriously pursuing for a QB this year? I still can't believe NDSU can't get a 6'3" tall, skilled and athletic QB with the winning tradition, outstanding facilities and great coaches here. Somehow SDSU seems to always get some tall and talented QB's.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-24-2007, 11:55 PM
A JUCO runningback may have made sense before we signed two HS backs, but not now. Taking a look at the roster, we have four fullbacks (Roehl, Jangula, Vandal, Hushka) and two halfbacks (Brower and Blincoe), plus Shamen Washington who has experience touching the ball out of the backfield, plus two HS recruits, plus a running QB in Parsons. Now, even assuming that both recruits redshirt and not counting Parsons as he won't be the main QB option, that is seven guys to give the ball to. Plus, we already have 21 guys who are going to be leaving after the 2008 season (compare to 13 this year and 15 next year) so I'd say that we should not add to that number unless we have a glaring need to be filled (ie, D-Line).

Gamehunter
01-25-2007, 12:21 AM
I just can't believe people are still on the JUCO RB bandwagon. We just don't need one for next year, especially if Cinque returns. Any RB is going to look good behind our OL. Like Jeff says, the class of 2008 if WAY big enough without adding some JUCO or transfer.

NDSU_grad
01-25-2007, 01:46 AM
If we get Veldman and the DT from Illinois I'll be doing somersaults. They could sign two bull-fighting Mexican midgets and it will still arguably be the best recruiting class in Bison history.

Jdubs21
01-25-2007, 02:05 AM
the scary part is.....the best is yet to come ;D....which is deff. a good thing

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-25-2007, 03:05 AM
I was just poking around on espn.com, and while they don't always have the most recently updated material, there appear to still be a lot of very good players out there who are in the areas we tend to recruit, haven't verballed to anyone and appear to be guys we might be able to snatch up after the initial slew of signings. I am excited to see what this class looks like when finished.