PDA

View Full Version : Season Opener Tickets

NDSU92
07-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Single game tix go on sale Wednesday as we all know, when does this year's home opener sell out? Wasn't a student in 07/08 I'm guessing it'll be comparable?

JustinTyem
07-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Single game tix go on sale Wednesday as we all know, when does this year's home opener sell out? Wasn't a student in 07/08 I'm guessing it'll be comparable?Im hoping Ill get 2 handicapped tickets for that game. Im getting Excited yet very nervous about the ticket status.

BisonNation11
07-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Im hoping Ill get 2 handicapped tickets for that game. Im getting Excited yet very nervous about the ticket status.

I might be able to get you hooked up. Let me see what I can get accomplished over the weekend.

JustinTyem
07-27-2012, 10:23 PM
I might be able to get you hooked up. Let me see what I can get accomplished over the weekend.Man,That would be awesome, thanks

HerdBot
07-30-2012, 03:02 PM
With record season tickets being sold that means there will only be 2500-3000 single seats available for each game. However the more season tickets we sell means more no shows. The good news is season tickets are typically great seats. The bad news is people rarely posy them in a ticket exchange. I hope something is done

56BISON73
07-30-2012, 03:24 PM
With record season tickets being sold that means there will only be 2500-3000 single seats available for each game. However the more season tickets we sell means more no shows. The good news is season tickets are typically great seats. The bad news is people rarely posy them in a ticket exchange. I hope something is done

:facepalm::facepalm:

westnodak93bison
07-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I agree. Unused seats should become fair game for general admission at some point and if the season ticket holder finally shows the general guy moves.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HerdBot
07-30-2012, 04:12 PM
I agree. Unused seats should become fair game for general admission at some point and if the season ticket holder finally shows the general guy moves.

I dont think they should be fair game. Its too complicated. I pay good money for my seats and if I want to use it as a coat rack nothing can or should stop me. But we need a legit and well promoted ticket exchange in place. If there is ever a time supply and demand is on our side its now.

HerdBot
07-30-2012, 04:16 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

Don't shoot the messenger!

bisonaudit
07-30-2012, 04:20 PM

Where are you going to move the "general guy"? The place is full.

This is a terrible idea. Someone paid good money for the right not to use that seat. The answer isn't to resell it out from under them. The answer is to make it worthwhile for them to expose any ticket they aren't going to use to the secondary market. If the building is full consistently demand for those unused seats will rise and the market will find butts to put in them.

Bison03
07-30-2012, 04:28 PM
18,700 total seats - 12,500 season tickets - 4,000 student seats = 2,200 available tickets/game and a total of 13,200 tickets for all home games. Not a whole lot of tickets available for the high demand. My prediction is that the opener will see out in 1 hour and that by the end of the day Wednesday, tickets will be gone. With only 500 standing room tickets available for each game on game weeks, the demand for Bison football tickets has never been higher. Might see some scalpers in the lot this fall.

b15on
07-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I guess scalpers can be considered a rudimentary form of some ticket exchange, but a more concrete, organized ticket exchange is definitely needed.

HerdBot
07-30-2012, 04:40 PM
18,700 total seats - 12,500 season tickets - 4,000 student seats = 2,200 available tickets/game and a total of 13,200 tickets for all home games. Not a whole lot of tickets available for the high demand. My prediction is that the opener will see out in 1 hour and that by the end of the day Wednesday, tickets will be gone. With only 500 standing room tickets available for each game on game weeks, the demand for Bison football tickets has never been higher. Might see some scalpers in the lot this fall.

And dont forget we give 500 to the visiting team. Teams like SDSU, USD, UNI, and Youngstown typically use them all too.

Bison03
07-30-2012, 04:45 PM
And dont forget we give 500 to the visiting team

Didn't figure that in since that number is always a crap shoot. I would guess we get 0 back from SDSU and about 400 back from Prairie View A&M; and various totals in between. And for the post about having more season tickets = more no shows; what?!!! I'm sure the extra 2,500 tickets that people wanted will have butts in the seats. The buzz with this program is something totally new and hasn't been seen in a while. Anyone who was at the playoff games will tell you that.

HerdBot
07-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Didn't figure that in since that number is always a crap shoot. I would guess we get 0 back from SDSU and about 400 back from Prairie View A&M; and various totals in between. And for the post about having more season tickets = more no shows; what?!!! I'm sure the extra 2,500 tickets that people wanted will have butts in the seats. The buzz with this program is something totally new and hasn't been seen in a while. Anyone who was at the playoff games will tell you that.

Even after the 2007 season when interest level was insanely high - no shows were pretty high. The guy who sat next to me with 4 seats didn't show at all until the first conference game. Its pretty common. But i think interest level is higher. Trust me after the first game there will be a thread started by someone other than me complaining about no shows.

I guess i would rather see more no shows than less season tickets. Its a good trade off with the financial payoffs. Eventually supply and demand will take over but an organized exchange would be awesome

JustinTyem
07-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Ok,What time should I start calling tomorrow,and what is the right number to call and such also,what are the prices for the tixs(Not really will that matters, but I just wanna know the prices for the best tickets I can get nearest to the Bisonville family)????

56BISON73
07-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Ok,What time should I start calling tomorrow,and what is the right number to call and such also,what are the prices for the tixs(Not really will that matters, but I just wanna know the prices for the best tickets I can get nearest to the Bisonville family)????

WTF? Start calling first thing in the am. You are still requesting handicapped seating? So your best ticket scenario is that. The BV family is spread out over the whole dome.

BisonNation11
07-31-2012, 11:24 PM

SINGLE GAME FOOTBALL TICKETS ON SALE TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY) AT 8AM! Visit http://www.gobison.com/tickets or call 231-NDSU. And you will have to look at a seating chart to see where your handicap seats would be and how much. All info at gobison.com

JustinTyem
07-31-2012, 11:32 PM
WTF? Start calling first thing in the am. You are still requesting handicapped seating? So your best ticket scenario is that. The BV family is spread out over the whole dome.Yes 56,I didnt know where the seats would be,and such. And I thought most of you sit near each other. Either Way,Im soooooooooo Jacked up for tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

HerdBot
07-31-2012, 11:55 PM

701231NDSU call immediately
Prices. Not a clue on handicapped seating.

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 12:09 AM
701231NDSU call immediately
Prices. Not a clue on handicapped seating.Ok,I should start 7:45,:50,:55 or right at 8am. My point is,some clocks arnt exact as others. Does that make any sense??? YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO,Tonight is gonna be a Long Exciting Night!!!!!!

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Ok,I should start 7:45,:50,:55 or right at 8am. My point is,some clocks arnt exact as others. Does that make any sense??? YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO,Tonight is gonna be a Long Exciting Night!!!!!!GradBison,what was the point of Negging my Rep???? I just dont wanna miss this game for some anything!!!!!! This is the biggest vacation I have ever had with my wife,so its important for me to make sure I dont mess up!!!!!

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Busyyyyyyyyyyy

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:08 PM
No Tixs yet

Twentysix
08-01-2012, 01:11 PM
The only open seats on the website are in section 23. Perhaps they don't sell handicap tickets on the website. I hope you get some tickets.

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
The only open seats on the website are in section 23. Perhaps they don't sell handicap tickets on the website. I hope you get some tickets.its busyyyyyyy arggggg

VanClubPres
08-01-2012, 01:18 PM
As of 8:14, all homecoming is sold out. Was trying on the computer and the phone, but could not even get two tickets.

Twentysix
08-01-2012, 01:18 PM
its busyyyyyyy arggggg

There are 37 tickets left for vs SDSU.

It seems pretty apparent. If you want guranteed tix buy season tickets or enroll in classes.

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:20 PM
well i guess i wont be going,:(

Gully
08-01-2012, 01:22 PM

Don't give up. I predict you will get tickets. There will be a lot floating around and a lot of people on here know you want to go.

Twentysix
08-01-2012, 01:23 PM

You will get a ticket, I would bet money on it.

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Don't give up. I predict you will get tickets. There will be a lot floating around and a lot of people on here know you want to go.im thinking i just send the money back to those who tried to help me out

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:25 PM
You will get a ticket, I would bet money on it.My problem is,every time I gamble I end up losing,:(

KSBisonFan
08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
im thinking i just send the money back to those who tried to help me out

My problem is,every time I gamble I end up losing,:(

Quit whining and chill out, dude. It will work out and you'll get tickets but be patient

Gully
08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
im thinking i just send the money back to those who tried to help me out

That is "stinking thinking"...it will work out.

What game are you trying to go to?

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:28 PM
And i stayed up all night to make sure i call,arggggggggggg its still busy

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:28 PM
That is "stinking thinking"...it will work out.

What game are you trying to go to?robert morris

Gully
08-01-2012, 01:33 PM
robert morris
and you're looking for 2 tickets in the handicapped section?

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
and you're looking for 2 tickets in the handicapped section?yuppers,lol

Swany
08-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Keep trying to call the ticket office for tickets in the handicap sections. Also, keep the faith. The folks on this board are pretty resourceful and it will end up working out. If you get up here for the opener, someone will find a way to get you into the Dome.

Wally
08-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Keep trying to call the ticket office for tickets in the handicap sections. Also, keep the faith. The folks on this board are pretty resourceful and it will end up working out. If you get up here for the opener, someone will find a way to get you into the Dome.

This^^^^^^^

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Keep trying to call the ticket office for tickets in the handicap sections. Also, keep the faith. The folks on this board are pretty resourceful and it will end up working out. If you get up here for the opener, someone will find a way to get you into the Dome.thanks guys

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Well thanks guys but 1 hour of ringing is killing my neck and arms holding the phone to my ear,:(

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I think I gotta go to bed,the holding of the phone for over a hour is giving me terrible pain and cramps in my arms and neck.

GradBison
08-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Ok,I should start 7:45,:50,:55 or right at 8am. My point is,some clocks arnt exact as others. Does that make any sense??? YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO,Tonight is gonna be a Long Exciting Night!!!!!!

GradBison,what was the point of Negging my Rep???? I just dont wanna miss this game for some anything!!!!!! This is the biggest vacation I have ever had with my wife,so its important for me to make sure I dont mess up!!!!!

Because I'm a heartless SOB, or maybe the sideshow got too much and the un-synced clocks became the straw that...

I hope you get your tickets man. I'm sure you will.

Tatanka
08-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I think I gotta go to bed,the holding of the phone for over a hour is giving me terrible pain and cramps in my arms and neck.unless you're using an old rotary dial 1960s model, most phones have a speakerphone feature... Hope you get your tickets. Keep trying.

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 02:21 PM
unless you're using an old rotary dial 1960s model, most phones have a speakerphone feature... Hope you get your tickets. Keep trying.Its nopt a old phone,It has everything except the speaker!!!! :(

Gully
08-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm actually kind of surprised you can still purchase sideline reserved for the home opener at this point. I suppose the holiday weekend has some impact.

DePereBisonFan
08-01-2012, 02:33 PM

This.

There's also a ticket thread on bisonville you can check out and post a request for the tickets you want. I recommend posting there, and then sending a PM to those that respond.

JustinTyem
08-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Its ringing,yippy , the music is making me sick,lol