PDA

View Full Version : Playoff dates???

56BISON73
07-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Anybody have any idea what the playoff dates are this year? Ive looked and cant find anything. Nov 24th is thanksgiving and its on Sat so I was wondering if they will hold a game on Friday.

roadwarrior
07-24-2012, 03:02 AM
Anybody have any idea what the playoff dates are this year? Ive looked and cant find anything. Nov 24th is thanksgiving and its on Sat so I was wondering if they will hold a game on Friday.

What planet are you on tonight? Thanksgiving is pretty much always on a thursday (at least for the past 250 years or so). You might want to check a 2012 calendar.

heffray
07-24-2012, 03:13 AM

Thanksgiving is on Saturday this year? What?!

56BISON73
07-24-2012, 03:16 AM
What planet are you on tonight? Thanksgiving is pretty much always on a thursday (at least for the past 250 years or so). You might want to check a 2012 calendar.

You are correct. I must have misunderstood a person I was talking to about the Iowa-Nebraska game which is being played on Friday after Thanksgiving.

Professor Chaos
07-24-2012, 03:27 AM
As long as it stays the same as it has since they moved to a 20 team playoff (which is only two years) it'll be opening round on Novermber 24th and then the round of 16 on December 1st. Quarterfinals will be December 7th and 8th. Semifinals will be December 14th and 15th with the national title game on January 5th.

b15on
07-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Maybe the Mayan's were trying to throw a curveball at us with a Saturday thanksgiving to get us a little ready for the chaos soon to come. December 21st, 2012...dum dum dummmm. :hide:

56BISON73
07-24-2012, 03:46 AM
As long as it stays the same as it has since they moved to a 20 team playoff (which is only two years) it'll be opening round on Novermber 24th and then the round of 16 on December 1st. Quarterfinals will be December 7th and 8th. Semifinals will be December 14th and 15th with the national title game on January 5th.

That works for me. Thanks!

Bison"FANatic"
07-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Maybe the Mayan's were trying to throw a curveball at us with a Saturday thanksgiving to get us a little ready for the chaos soon to come. December 21st, 2012...dum dum dummmm. :hide:

Its going to piss me off if we win the semi final game and the world comes to a end on the 21st.:biggrin:

NorthernBison
07-24-2012, 12:37 PM

That works on the calendar. The expansion to 24 teams is scheduled for 2013. I believe the Executive Committee final approval vote is coming up Aug 2.

BisonTeacher
07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
That works on the calendar. The expansion to 24 teams is scheduled for 2013. I believe the Executive Committee final approval vote is coming up Aug 2.

Even when they go to 24 it shouldnt change. It should only change when they add another round...ie if they go over 32 teams.

NorthernBison
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Even when they go to 24 it shouldnt change. It should only change when they add another round...ie if they go over 32 teams.

True. Just more first round games. It will still take four weeks to get the two Finalists.

DePereBisonFan
07-24-2012, 01:56 PM
I love this thread. It's not "if," but "when?"

heffray
07-24-2012, 05:30 PM
We're forgetting about the real topic here:

This may be the first time in history 56BISON has been misinformed or wrong. Your thoughts?

TransAmBison
07-24-2012, 05:33 PM

This may be the first time in history 56BISON has been misinformed or wrong. Your thoughts?He only thought he was wrong...then he realized he was right.

BlueBisonRock
07-24-2012, 05:40 PM

This may be the first time in history 56BISON has been misinformed or wrong. Your thoughts?

Nope. Not the first.

We were driving back from the SDSU game last year and PL was reflecting on the game. He was thinking he had brought more than enough sausage to handle the planned tailgate group. I reminded him that that his plan did not include the Jamestown Hospital group and the Kiddie Bus. Once he thought that through, he realized his planning was sound and clearly understood why the sausage capacity fell short. (Between Elton and EZ, no amount of food planning is safe)

Thus, the one time PL was wrong was when he thought he was wrong, but was right.

heffray
07-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Nope. Not the first.

We were driving back from the SDSU game last year and PL was reflecting on the game. He was thinking he had brought more than enough sausage to handle the planned tailgate group. I reminded him that that his plan did not include the Jamestown Hospital group and the Kiddie Bus. Once he thought that through, he realized his planning was sound and clearly understood why the sausage capacity fell short. (Between Elton and EZ, no amount of food planning is safe)

Thus, the one time PL was wrong was when he thought he was wrong, but was right.

So, he was wrong about being wrong? Thus making him right.......

I stand by my post...

CaBisonFan
07-25-2012, 05:34 AM

Wasn't he referring to the game being on a Saturday...the weekend of Thanksgiving?

56BISON73
07-25-2012, 05:40 AM
Wasn't he referring to the game being on a Saturday...the weekend of Thanksgiving?

Nope for some reason I misconstrued some information. The person told me the Iowa/Nebraska game was on Friday of Thanksgiving weekend. For some reason I thought that meant Thanksgiving was on Saturday and thats why the game was being played on Friday.. Granted I thought that was weird. But didnt think anything more about it.

SOOOoooooooo armed with that information I needed to know when the playoffs were going to start this year considering I thought Thanksgiving was on Saturday.

Tatanka
07-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Nope for some reason I misconstrued some information. The person told me the Iowa/Nebraska game was on Friday of Thanksgiving weekend. For some reason I thought that meant Thanksgiving was on Saturday and thats why the game was being played on Friday.. Granted I thought that was weird. But didnt think anything more about it.

SOOOoooooooo armed with that information I needed to know when the playoffs were going to start this year considering I thought Thanksgiving was on Saturday.

In other news, Taco John's Taco Tuesday promotion is actually on Tuesdays, not Fridays. However in Fargo there is one pretty close to a Ruby Tuesdays and down the street from a TGI Fridays. And Chick Fil A isn't open on Sundays.

TransAmBison
07-25-2012, 01:25 PM
In other news, Taco John's Taco Tuesday promotion is actually on Tuesdays, not Fridays. However in Fargo there is one pretty close to a Ruby Tuesdays and down the street from a TGI Fridays. And Chick Fil A isn't open on Sundays.But it is always Friday inside TGI Fridays...so technically, Thanksgiving is on a Friday. Whoa.

http://paulhorton.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/keanu-reeves-whoa.jpg

PL may have indeed been wrong.

56BISON73
07-25-2012, 02:55 PM
But it is always Friday inside TGI Fridays...so technically, Thanksgiving is on a Friday. Whoa.

http://paulhorton.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/keanu-reeves-whoa.jpg

PL may have indeed been wrong.

I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.:biggrin:

heffray
07-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.:biggrin:

Ok. So...

He thought something that he was misinformed about, then we thought he was wrong about it, but he was actually misinterpreting right information, thus making his question valid and changing his opinion on the misinformation (or interpretation therein), all the while knowing that he was right about all subsequent statements claiming wrongness, But--TGIFridays which happens to be near a Ruby Tuesdays adjacent to a Chick-fil-a which isn't open on Sundays but is down the street from a Taco John's serving Taco Tuesday, somehow enters the equation and makes him right? So, he was never wrong?

When does Wednesday from the Addams Family come into the picture?

TransAmBison
07-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Ok. So...

He thought something that he was misinformed about, then we thought he was wrong about it, but he was actually misinterpreting right information, thus making his question valid and changing his opinion on the misinformation (or interpretation therein), all the while knowing that he was right about all subsequent statements claiming wrongness, But--TGIFridays which happens to be near a Ruby Tuesdays adjacent to a Chick-fil-a which isn't open on Sundays but is down the street from a Taco John's serving Taco Tuesday, somehow enters the equation and makes him right? So, he was never wrong?

When does Wednesday from the Addams Family come into the picture?When she places ashes on her forehead to start lent.

BisonTeacher
07-25-2012, 05:22 PM
When she places ashes on her forehead to start lent.

Dont forget Tuesday Weld

Bison"FANatic"
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM

But will she this year as Ash Wednesday is on a Monday but don't worry as good Friday was also moved to Wednesday so she should be ok but I do believe Easter Sunday is screwed.

EndZoneQB
07-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Ok. So...

When does Wednesday from the Addams Family come into the picture?

Who is on first?

KSBisonFan
07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Who is on first?

I think Thursday? Could be September too or maybe February.

56BISON73
07-25-2012, 07:46 PM

I was going to go with--when she poses for Playboy.