PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mays Official Merchandise

Bison06
07-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Thought some of you might be interested in getting some Joe Mays merchandise. I am trying to find out if Joe gets a cut of the profits for purchases. If he does, I plan on buying a couple of shirts.

http://shop.nflpa.com/Denver-Broncos-Joe-Mays-Gear-_230709412_PG.html?pagenum=1

missingnumber7
07-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Thought some of you might be interested in getting some Joe Mays merchandise. I am trying to find out if Joe gets a cut of the profits for purchases. If he does, I plan on buying a couple of shirts.

http://shop.nflpa.com/Denver-Broncos-Joe-Mays-Gear-_230709412_PG.html?pagenum=1I'll stick to my orange 51 Mays jersey, thanks for the link though.

ThunderDan
07-17-2012, 01:11 AM
yea, if he gets a cut of the profits, then you should definitely buy. That 3.5 million he's making this year ain't gonna put food on the table!

Hammerhead
07-17-2012, 01:56 AM
The revenue for NFL-branded merchandise is shared among the NLFPA and the league itself. If you bought a Joe Mays jersey, all 32 teams would split the league's share of the profits and I'm guessing the NFLPA splits profits among all active players or something similar to that.

If I were to buy a Broncos Jersey, I'd get me a #21 Jersey with Poltl on the back. He is my mom's cousin and played on year with the Vikings (he recovered a fumble in Superbowl IX and then went on to play 3 years in Denver.

http://shop.nflpa.com/Denver-Broncos-Joe-Mays-Gear-_230709412_PG.html?pagenum=1

EndZoneQB
07-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Do they make jerseys yet?

Bison06
07-17-2012, 02:09 AM
yea, if he gets a cut of the profits, then you should definitely buy. That 3.5 million he's making this year ain't gonna put food on the table!

Obviously he doesn't need the money, but it's the principle of it. Joe is a good guy and if I can show my support by buying a product he is involved in I consider my money better spent than if it all goes to the NFL.

missingnumber7
07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Do they make jerseys yet?You have to custom order, wife and I got them for last season1871

Wacker_in_the_Hall
07-17-2012, 03:22 PM
The Tebow stuff is much cheaper

EndZoneQB
07-17-2012, 10:02 PM
You have to custom order, wife and I got them for last season1871

I thought you couldn't custom order a jersey that had a current players name on it?

BisonNation11
07-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I thought you couldn't custom order a jersey that had a current players name on it?

Not that I know the answer, but you're going to tell me that if you want to order a jersey with your last name "Johnson" on the back, you can't because a current player(s) is still in the league with the same last name? And "perhaps" the same lucky number? Just doesn't seem right, but that's the power of the NFL for ya.

EndZoneQB
07-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Not that I know the answer, but you're going to tell me that if you want to order a jersey with your last name "Johnson" on the back, you can't because a current player(s) is still in the league with the same last name? And "perhaps" the same lucky number? Just doesn't seem right, but that's the power of the NFL for ya.

Exactly. Maybe it's just some places that do custom jerseys? Idk, but I've definitely seen it multiple times.

missingnumber7
07-18-2012, 01:36 AM
Not that I know the answer, but you're going to tell me that if you want to order a jersey with your last name "Johnson" on the back, you can't because a current player(s) is still in the league with the same last name? And "perhaps" the same lucky number? Just doesn't seem right, but that's the power of the NFL for ya.You actually can order a custom jersey with any current or recent player on it. You can go through NFL.com in fact when you go to customize it has the entire roster with proper number there. It all started for me when the Broncos traded for Joe. I called and asked the team shop and the NFL was just changing the rules with Custom jerseys to make it easier. And then they made a different option for the Orange alternate and the gals at the Broncos Pro shop told me to hold off until March of last off season. When Joe got all the playing time in the first season I took that as an awesome sign and went for it for my wife and I. We both have 51 Mays jerseys and I haven't seen anyone else at a game or tailgating with one on. And we've gone to 6 games last year.

EndZoneQB
07-18-2012, 01:55 AM
You actually can order a custom jersey with any current or recent player on it. You can go through NFL.com in fact when you go to customize it has the entire roster with proper number there. It all started for me when the Broncos traded for Joe. I called and asked the team shop and the NFL was just changing the rules with Custom jerseys to make it easier. And then they made a different option for the Orange alternate and the gals at the Broncos Pro shop told me to hold off until March of last off season. When Joe got all the playing time in the first season I took that as an awesome sign and went for it for my wife and I. We both have 51 Mays jerseys and I haven't seen anyone else at a game or tailgating with one on. And we've gone to 6 games last year.

Nice! So I was right, it did used to be a rule.

missingnumber7
07-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice! So I was right, it did used to be a rule.I'm not so sure it wasn't changed in the previous CBA or was part of the marketing agreement with reebok because that contract did change with the broncos in 2010, I know that I had attempted to order a Braxton Jersey and was unable to. I may have to get one now and create a Bison/Bronco wall in my new house.

MN_BISON
07-23-2012, 03:20 AM
Joe Mays is a class act along with some other members of his team:

Denver Broncos‏@Denver_Broncos Jacob Tamme, Eric Decker, Chris Kuper, Ben Garland, Ryan Clady, Joe Mays and Brian Dawkins are currently visiting Aurora shooting patients.

EndZoneQB
07-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Joe Mays is a class act along with some other members of his team:

Dawkins isn't even a current player, pretty cool!

NDSUBowler
07-23-2012, 05:29 AM
Crossposted from another thread

http://vvcap.net/db/BPBqojAaKriFe22znCvy.png

344Johnson
07-23-2012, 06:45 AM
Kuper is a UND guy isn't he? gross. Eh, he makes up for it. Visiting shooting victims. Class act by all of them. Kudos. Still hope the Steelers pound their ass into the ground. But Joe will have a sack, a forced fumble, and 13 tackles. Steelers win on late Big Ben heroics.....only Joe Mays' classic performance for the ages prevents the Broncos from being wiped off the map.

CalBison97
07-23-2012, 02:17 PM
As a Bronco fan, a nice surprise to see this posted on my FB. Joe has always been a class act and continues to do so.

thebigund
07-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Kuper is a UND guy isn't he? gross. Eh, he makes up for it. Visiting shooting victims. Class act by all of them. Kudos. Still hope the Steelers pound their ass into the ground. But Joe will have a sack, a forced fumble, and 13 tackles. Steelers win on late Big Ben heroics.....only Joe Mays' classic performance for the ages prevents the Broncos from being wiped off the map.
Kuper is the man, wouldn't be surprised to see him make a few Pro Bowls very soon.

thebigund
07-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Kuper is the man, wouldn't be surprised to see him make a few Pro Bowls very soon.

bri-dog
07-23-2012, 03:38 PM
This is Bisonville, not ss.com. We don't need to read it twice for it to sink in. :biggrin::duel:

aces1180
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM

What is your username over at SS.com?

thebigund
07-23-2012, 04:40 PM
What is your username over at SS.com?
JohnboyND7

thebigund
07-23-2012, 04:40 PM
This is Bisonville, not ss.com. We don't need to read it twice for it to sink in. :biggrin::duel:
A post so nice I did it twice

aces1180
07-23-2012, 04:47 PM
JohnboyND7

Try again...

I don't post over there, but if I did, I would have the same username (as I do at AGS).

I don'r care for a lot of UND posters, but at least some of them have the balls to use the same alias here as they do at SS.com.

thebigund
07-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Try again...

I don't post over there, but if I did, I would have the same username (as I do at AGS).
How do you know that I don't just post here?

aces1180
07-23-2012, 04:51 PM
How do you know that I don't just post here?

Because that cement your legacy as king-troll...Unless that is what you are going for...

thebigund
07-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Because that cement your legacy as king-troll...Unless that is what you are going for...
I'm just trying to add class and intelligence to this board

aces1180
07-23-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm just trying to add class and intelligence to this board

I think you should probably try harder, as your efforts have been a huge failure thus far...

thebigund
07-23-2012, 05:02 PM
I think you should probably try harder, as your efforts have been a huge failure thus far...
I disagree, spelling and grammatical errors are down 23% since I've started posting here

aces1180
07-23-2012, 05:32 PM
I disagree, spelling and grammatical errors are down 23% since I've started posting here

Do you post at SS.com or not? Please answer the question.

CalBison97
07-23-2012, 07:56 PM
From Peter King's MMQB:

Thanks, Broncos. A cadre of Broncos players -- tight end Jacob Tamme, tackle Ryan Clady, defensive end Ben Garland, wideout Eric Decker, linebacker Joe Mays, guard Chris Kuper and former Bronco Brian Dawkins -- visited the Medical Center of Aurora on Sunday to comfort the victims. Peyton Manning phoned several more of the 58 wounded in the attack. If you ever wonder about the meaning of a very popular team to a city, the emotion some victims felt to be remembered by the Broncos illustrates how important a franchise can be on days other than fall Sundays.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/07/22/mmqb/index.html#ixzz21Tew4sDs

missingnumber7
08-20-2012, 03:03 AM
Went to the final practice of training camp on Thursday and got my wifes Mays jersey autographed. Joe was signing for the VIP's and they were kicking everyone out and a gal we were standing beside yelled Go Bison and Joes head pops up and yells I'll be over in a minute. I will put pictures up soon. It was awesome. If you have never been to an NFL training camp I would recommend going. Its was a blast watching the guys goof around while the 2/3/4th teams are in the game. It was also fun watching Payton Manning work with the Broncos young receivers, but you can tell that Mays is a leader on the Broncos D and he was a captain for the game on Saturday as well.

SDbison
08-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Went to the final practice of training camp on Thursday and got my wifes Mays jersey autographed. Joe was signing for the VIP's and they were kicking everyone out and a gal we were standing beside yelled Go Bison and Joes head pops up and yells I'll be over in a minute. I will put pictures up soon. It was awesome. If you have never been to an NFL training camp I would recommend going. Its was a blast watching the guys goof around while the 2/3/4th teams are in the game. It was also fun watching Payton Manning work with the Broncos young receivers, but you can tell that Mays is a leader on the Broncos D and he was a captain for the game on Saturday as well. Sounds great! Thanks for the update on Joe. Look forward to seeing those pics.

IzzyFlexion
08-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Went to the final practice of training camp on Thursday and got my wifes Mays jersey autographed. Joe was signing for the VIP's and they were kicking everyone out and a gal we were standing beside yelled Go Bison and Joes head pops up and yells I'll be over in a minute. I will put pictures up soon. It was awesome. If you have never been to an NFL training camp I would recommend going. Its was a blast watching the guys goof around while the 2/3/4th teams are in the game. It was also fun watching Payton Manning work with the Broncos young receivers, but you can tell that Mays is a leader on the Broncos D and he was a captain for the game on Saturday as well.

That's ballsack goosebump stuff right there.

missingnumber7
08-20-2012, 03:47 AM
195319541955The first one is my wife holding the jersey Joe signed...this will be framed in my basement soon. And the other two are waiting for autographs. Joe was awesome talking to everyone and appreciating the people who came from the NDSU region for practice. Said he wasn't sure about coming to the CSU game because his little guy's birthday was that day. If you follow Joes wife on Twitter she posted pictures of the kids at the game...the little guy looks like Joe. I'll put some practice and game pictures up soon too.

tony
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Joe Mays shows off his unofficial merchandise: Pain.

http://www.mydesert.com/viewart/20120827/SPORTS04/208270305/NFL-roundup-49ers-win-Peyton-Manning-stellar-Broncos?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFrontpage% 7Cs

missingnumber7
08-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Joe Mays shows off his unofficial merchandise: Pain.

http://www.mydesert.com/viewart/20120827/SPORTS04/208270305/NFL-roundup-49ers-win-Peyton-Manning-stellar-Broncos?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFrontpage% 7CsI swear they were intentionally trying not to say his name yesterday.

NDSUBowler
08-28-2012, 02:44 AM
What did Joe write on the jersey?

missingnumber7
08-28-2012, 03:26 AM
What did Joe write on the jersey?Joe Mays #51 Go Broncos Bison

Professor Chaos
09-10-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm pretty sure Joe just rocked the Bison horns after sacking Roethlisberger a few minutes ago.

yellowstreak
09-10-2012, 11:17 PM
somebody said Mays pulled up to the game in a yellow Lambo? is this true?

Hammersmith
09-10-2012, 11:23 PM
somebody said Mays pulled up to the game in a yellow Lambo? is this true?
Well, the yellow Lambo is true: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?28296-Photo-from-Colorado

No Joe Mays in the photo, though.

missingnumber7
09-10-2012, 11:26 PM
somebody said Mays pulled up to the game in a yellow Lambo? is this true?The Lambo pulled in right in front of us, but it wasn't Joe...they had to be at the team hotel by 6 pm and it was his little guys BDay. His wife, @starletsStripes on twitter, tweeted a picture of Joe watching the game.

bri-dog
09-10-2012, 11:32 PM
I never got to see Joe, but I did talk to Tyrone a little -- here he is with my brother (wearing his Braxton jersey) and an old Rajah friend of mine looking in. Tyrone is the guy in the middle. :biggrin:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/tyrone.jpg

hattonbison
09-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Just read on broncos webpage that they had a fan nite on Friday, Sept. 7. Five current players there signing autographs, Joe was one of them. If I would have known this I and my son would have been there for sure. Would have loved to see Joe and get a broncos helmet signed and say Hi! Thinking I missed out on this after a 14 hr drive makes me sick. My own fault, should have checked broncos website sooner i guess

TheDoctor
09-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Just talked to Joe today and he is still his old humble self. Said Matt Anderson, Lee Vandal, and a couple others came to the game Sunday night on the way home from Colorado. Toya decided she wanted a Great Dane....so he bought her one. She is 6 months old right now and weighs 80 lbs. He expects her to weigh 160-180 when she tops out. They named her Dakota after North Dakota. He is one boy who will never forget his roots! ;)