PDA

View Full Version : Just keeps getting "better" for the Griz

tojo70
07-14-2012, 08:15 PM
First Starting QB Jordan Johnson:

A woman accused Johnson in March of sexually assaulting her in February. Missoula police investigated the allegations and forwarded a report to the Missoula County Attorney’s Office. No decision has been made on whether to file charges against Johnson. Johnson and the woman now have a civil no-contact agreement.
Reports are that JJ's been kicked out of school, but has threatened to sue the UofM and his status is up in the air.

Now Gerald Kemp reportedly to be the #2 QB this year:

University of Montana quarterback Gerald Kemp was dismissed from the Grizzly football team on Friday, leaving the team short of experienced signal callers as the start of fall drills nears.

Leaves them with Smithwick-Hahn: Redshirt Soph. Played in 4 games 0/3 Comp/ATT. and Redshirt Frosh McKinney

KTF
07-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Just leaves the door open for all the newcomers to steal a conference championship away from one of the Montana Schools.

tjbison
07-15-2012, 03:39 AM
Montana st will own the fluffy this year

BisoninNWMN
07-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Montana st will own the fluffy this year

My bet is on Cal Poly....they don't play either Montana school.

tjbison
07-15-2012, 04:37 PM
My bet is on Cal Poly....they don't play either Montana school.

Well if you don't beat the Montana schools you don't officially own the conference, I don't like not playing every school but I guess that's what the future holds

HandoEX
07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Montana State and EWU are the only two that have a shot at winning. Cal Poly is a 5-6 win team at best.

reformedUNDfan
07-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Montana State and EWU are the only two that have a shot at winning. Cal Poly is a 5-6 win team at best.

call poly misses all the top-tier teams. They could easily win the conference, despite not being particularly good.

NorthernBison
07-23-2012, 06:26 PM
The PSU sanctions should create a huge "pucker factor" in Missoula.

They better hope they haven't covered up enough to get hammered down. Just got mentioned on ESPN.

Tatanka
07-23-2012, 07:55 PM

They better hope they haven't covered up enough to get hammered down. Just got mentioned on ESPN.

Aren't they already getting punished enough by having to visit Grand Forks three years in a row?

bisonaudit
07-24-2012, 01:17 AM

I'm glad to hear that. Thats exactly what should be coming out of this. If you cover up for criminals in order to "preserve the integrity of your program" you should be penalized. I love athletics but it needs to be kept in perspective. University first. Sport second.

I could only watch about five minutes on ESPN. The bit I saw displayed a sickining degree of miopia. Perhaps their coverage isn't all as bad as the bit I witnessed.

Hammersmith
07-24-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm glad to hear that. Thats exactly what should be coming out of this. If you cover up for criminals in order to "preserve the integrity of your program" you should be penalized. I love athletics but it needs to be kept in perspective. University first. Sport second.

I could only watch about five minutes on ESPN. The bit I saw displayed a sickining degree of miopia. Perhaps their coverage isn't all as bad as the bit I witnessed.
Nope, it was.

CivilBison96
08-01-2012, 02:02 AM
QB now has been charged.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_a592856c-db62-11e1-96b4-0019bb2963f4.html#.UBhjugl1Mnw.twitter

The_Sicatoka
08-01-2012, 03:23 AM
One or two more boxcars onto the pile and the Montana mess may exceed the UND moniker trainwreck. (I said "may".)

Tatanka
08-01-2012, 03:39 AM
One or two more boxcars onto the pile and the Montana mess may exceed the UND moniker trainwreck. (I said "may".)to be considered in the competition, they would need to reset the train on the tracks, and crash it again at least twice. Is the big sky sponsoring train wrecks as a sport? If so, a conference championship is within reach!

tjbison
08-01-2012, 03:43 AM
One or two more boxcars onto the pile and the Montana mess may exceed the UND moniker trainwreck. (I said "may".)

It has, UM football is the PSU of FCS and I still think it ain't over

BlueBisonRock
08-01-2012, 04:24 AM

to be considered in the competition, they would need to reset the train on the tracks, and crash it again at least twice. Is the big sky sponsoring train wrecks as a sport? If so, a conference championship is within reach!

It has, UM football is the PSU of FCS and I still think it ain't over

This is well beyond the frustrating and popcorn feeding morass from the trainwreck up north. We drove through Missoula on the same date as the Dept of Justice stormed into town to investigate multiple law enforcement agencies and their handling of alleged rapes at the U of Mt. TV news and the local paper were extremely focused on what appeared to be a forthcoming perfect storm. The Dept of Education also has an investigation going and the NCAA appears to have an additional investigation in the background. Unfortunately, these guys have surpassed the GFCCC fiasco and are attempting to get into the same league as Penn State.

Yes T-Rex*, it does seem that the Big Sky is sponsering train wrecks as a sport, though the institution up north does not have the inside track on this championship.

Slight modification to Tatanka's handle as he has been challenged and appears to be preparing to lay out some massive carnage!

WYOBISONMAN
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM

Montana has blown the Sioux nickname distraction out of the water. This looks like a "mini-Penn State" mess. What a fricken disaster in Missoula. I will take UND by 2 TDs in the UND/Griz game. Distractions for the Griz are going to eat them up this season. But, with the support they have, they will be back.

NDSUstudent
08-22-2012, 02:21 AM
I saw this on another forum....

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/94122024121445274911.png

Hambone
08-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Montana has blown the Sioux nickname distraction out of the water. This looks like a "mini-Penn State" mess. What a fricken disaster in Missoula. I will take UND by 2 TDs in the UND/Griz game. Distractions for the Griz are going to eat them up this season. But, with the support they have, they will be back.

I haven't paid too close attention to the details in Missoula, but are they going to be able to go down the "lack of institutional control" track that they did with PSU? I know when you have an AD and HC fired during the mess it looks like there could be, but I know that the mess as I understand it from a higher level is all player related (although I'm sure the thing may have to do with covering up for players and not taking appropriate actions, etc). So, while I understand the comparison, the PSU mess had absolutely nothing to do with players and everything to do with administration, whereas this is mostly related to players and only partially related to administration. Is the comparison really fair?

56BISON73
08-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Wonder what our---"Montana is all about class" fan has to say about this fiasco?

BadlandsBison
08-23-2012, 03:32 AM
I saw this on another forum....

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/94122024121445274911.png

This would be 12% funny with Pedo-Bear somewhere in the background

Hammersmith
08-23-2012, 03:34 AM
This would be 12% funny with Pedo-Bear somewhere in the background
I'm glad I'm not the only one twisted enough to think so.

BadlandsBison
08-23-2012, 03:38 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one twisted enough to think so.

Oops, meant to say 12% funnier, but I'm glad you got the point lulz

BlueBisonRock
08-23-2012, 04:08 AM
Wonder what our---"Montana is all about class" fan has to say about this fiasco?

Probably has not been to the class Hammer is putting together to teach class to classless fans from the teams who classify supporters from the DA office as first class.

KSBisonFan
08-23-2012, 02:06 PM

Why don't you just meet him at the food court and find out.

56BISON73
08-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Why don't you just meet him at the food court and find out.

and be eviscerated with pointed remarks????? No way

bisonmike2
08-25-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm in Montana this week and I'm getting no bs from the usual Montana diehards I see. Its been so nice wearing my NDSU championship gear here.

KSBisonFan
08-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Griz fan with a really bad week. At least the author helped us out by explaining what a Bigfoot/Sasquatch is.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-apparently-attempting-bigfoot-hoax-killed-montana-highway-231417296.html

BisonCountry
08-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Griz fan with a really bad week. At least the author helped us out by explaining what a Bigfoot/Sasquatch is.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-apparently-attempting-bigfoot-hoax-killed-montana-highway-231417296.html

Sounds like a Darwin Award Winner to me.

Wally
10-29-2012, 02:21 AM
http://www.kpax.com/news/griz-football-among-6-arrested-on-drug-charges/

Nothing good can happen @ Disco Bloodbath.