PDA

View Full Version : ND Shrine Game

Bison06
07-14-2012, 12:20 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/367363/

Is this a typo or are we really having Minnesota players play in the NORTH DAKOTA SHRINE GAME?

This is ridiculous if true.

tony
07-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Happens almost every year... hope he has a great time (he is a Bison recruit, after all.)

Bison06
07-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Happens almost every year... hope he has a great time (he is a Bison recruit, after all.)

My question is why is it happening? It is a North Dakota All-Star Game. I appreciate that he is a Bison, but that doesn't change the fact that there are plenty of good players in North Dakota that lose a roster spot because of this.

Why don't we start using Minnesota players in the Mon-Dak Bowl?

EndZoneQB
07-14-2012, 03:48 PM
My question is why is it happening? It is a North Dakota All-Star Game. I appreciate that he is a Bison, but that doesn't change the fact that there are plenty of good players in North Dakota that lose a roster spot because of this.

Why don't we start using Minnesota players in the Mon-Dak Bowl?

The head of the Shrine Bowl was on the radio yesterday saying that the Minnesota kids are in ADDITION to ND kids, no one loses a roster spot. They have 12 kids they said.

JMB
07-14-2012, 05:54 PM
What about my high school? I went to school in Minnesota however we were in a sports co-op with a North Dakota school, so I played all my high school sports in ND.

IronRanger
07-14-2012, 09:15 PM
As long as they are not taking a spot away from ND players I am fine with with bring in local player. This gives those a last chance to impress coaches to offer a walk-on maybe. The reason why they have 12 from northwest Minnesota kids playing is because, areas included in the Kem and El Zagal territories.
Does anyone have a list of players we should be watching in the game that are SU bound?

A1pigskin
07-14-2012, 10:45 PM
My brother played in the the shrine game 22 years ago. I'll have to ask him if MN participated.

MN_BISON
07-14-2012, 11:31 PM
My brother played in the the shrine game 22 years ago. I'll have to ask him if MN participated.

I think the MN kids is a pretty new thing, so I would doubt your brother played with anyone from MN.

Tatanka
07-15-2012, 12:22 AM
It must have killed Tom Miller to write a nice article about a Bison recruit.

BisonNeil
07-15-2012, 01:02 AM
It must have killed Tom Miller to write a nice article about a Bison recruit.

He likely threw up in this mouth, several times.

bisonbills
07-15-2012, 11:57 PM

I played in it 16 years ago and it was just ND kids.

Bison06
07-16-2012, 01:49 AM
The head of the Shrine Bowl was on the radio yesterday saying that the Minnesota kids are in ADDITION to ND kids, no one loses a roster spot. They have 12 kids they said.

But they would certainly take playing time away. Maybe I am not understanding the situation well enough, but doesn't Minnesota have a similar all-star game? Is the western team taking kids from Montana?

NorthernBison
07-16-2012, 02:09 AM
Was any explanation given? Could it be that the Easternmost Shrine clubs cover parts of Western MN? As THE sponsor of the game, they would want to support all their member communities? Just a wild guess and probably wrong.

EndZoneQB
07-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Was any explanation given? Could it be that the Easternmost Shrine clubs cover parts of Western MN? As THE sponsor of the game, they would want to support all their member communities? Just a wild guess and probably wrong.

That's exactly the explanation that was given. It covers their territory and that is it.